Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,487 members, 7,836,906 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:23 PM

#Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old (45349 Views)

Nigerians React As #ChangeBeginsWith Me Trends On Twitter / Masquerade: Lai Mohammed Trending On Twitter After Statement / Diezani Funny Memes Trends On Twitter - See How Nigerians React (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by dustydee: 12:20pm On Sep 27, 2015
ObiOmaMu:
News broke yesterday that the Emir of Kano, Muhammadu Sanusi II, has finally tied the knot with his rumoured 18 year old heartthrob, Sa’adatu Barkindo-Musdafa, the daughter of the Lamido of Adamawa, Muhammadu Barkindo-Musdafa. The 18-year old becomes the emir’s fourth wife. She recently completed secondary school and is been enrolled for advanced level studies.

Shortly after the news broke, Nigerians took to Twitter to air their unhappiness that the Emir could marry someone that young. Their reactions are below. Do you think the Emir did something 'wrong'?

http://www.lailasblog.com/2015/09/childnotbride-trends-on-twitter-after.html
An 18 year old is not a child but a woman. I may not agree with HRH Sanusi for marrying an 18 year old but he certainly didn't marry a minor.

1 Like

Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by hamzeiy: 12:21pm On Sep 27, 2015
Optionalx:

You no make sense joor. How old is SANUSI and how old was kanu then. Don't compare apple and orenge abeg
so now its not about the age of the girl...but d age of sls....how old was ojukwu nd how old was bianca....you guys are just stup.id....thankGod your comments or feelings about issues are actually worthless...no body really cares...
..Bleep.ing religous and ethnic bigots

1 Like

Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by Sagamite(m): 12:21pm On Sep 27, 2015
Mindfulness:

What is speculation? That it is not a relationship at eye-level? You have ignored this point.

The fact that Heidi had a stable home does not mean that she has no daddy issues. We don't know it. I have a cousin who married a man 16 years older, she is from a stable home but has daddy issues.

Speculation is when you seem to make up something not based on knowledge?

What makes you think she was not keen in marrying him?

As per Heidi, you said:

Mindfulness:

I doubt that any lady, who has no daddy issues or does not want to escape poverty, would find a man who is more than 30 years older s.exually appealing.

I am telling you many do, without it rooted at the perjority speculation of "daddy issues".

1 Like

Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by Fulaboy(m): 12:21pm On Sep 27, 2015
MuhdG:

That's not even it.

Even if he marries a 13 year old girl, what is their business. It is not as if he kidnapped her and married her, no!
Or is it from their side he married her?

Her parents are happy, she is happy, he is happy... i don't know tha f... they are ranting about.

They are just damaged and jobless
The hatred and sentimentality is damned high angry Muslims and Northerners are always their targets, a small thing will happen gbamm they'll jump and start rantingundecided

2 Likes

Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by Sagamite(m): 12:22pm On Sep 27, 2015
MuhdG:

That's not even it.

Even if he marries a 13 year old girl, what is their business. It is not as if he kidnapped her and married her, no!
Or is it from their side he married her?

Her parents are happy, she is happy, he is happy... i don't know tha f... they are ranting about.

They are just damaged and jobless

You are a cretinous fuuktard.

Marrying a 13 year old is illegal even if her parents are happy with it.
Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by Ignyte(m): 12:22pm On Sep 27, 2015
You know how many 18 year old ashawo$ dey my area... ?? SLS marry 18 year old and christians no go allow person hear word... Mtcheww Nonesense

1 Like

Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by arabianights: 12:22pm On Sep 27, 2015
abouzaid:
say amin to that if you're convinced in good faith to what you're defending. i won't return your insult but just know that it's curse not cause and please stop quoting me

please ignore him .He clearly is low minded and from the gutters but assumes he is enlightened and classy.How can a man use such words as if he is a retarded child.

We are not arguing that the 18 year old is not an adult,we are basically making reference to the age gap.I would have stated a point here but it will raise alot of you are a liar so i prefer to keep shut over it but for sure Sanusi is not marrying his "hearthrob" as stated in some quarters.

Can he allow his daughter to make this same move? he has paraded himself as an enlightened muslim with a diference,Good then what stopped him from marrying older women ?Doesnt he feel his move is very selfish?The report of this marriage was out since january or before then in which it was debunked but here we are,so who is the liar?

Am even being asked a stupid question as to state the right reasons for marriage.Now lets see if sanusi will allow her finish her education and follow her dreams

2 Likes

Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by Sagamite(m): 12:23pm On Sep 27, 2015
abouzaid:
please stop quoting me or mentioning my name, Allah would answer your prayer for he is just.

You are a cretinous fuuktard!

Shove your Allah up your arsse!

4 Likes

Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by Sagamite(m): 12:24pm On Sep 27, 2015
tonquendo4u:
The issue is,how old is d Emir?he may be 50yrs older dn d little girl who might hv a boyfriend she's in luv with.And believe it or not,she has no right to say she doesn't want d marriage.Once d parents say yes(in dis case,dey can't say No because he's d emir),d marriage is sealed.Noone cares abt d happiness of d girls in d north.Women emancipation campaign should start in dt region

Can you show us the place were you sourced these your "facts" from?

2 Likes

Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by Chommieblaq(f): 12:24pm On Sep 27, 2015
18 is OK na, so long it's with her consent.
Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by Sagamite(m): 12:25pm On Sep 27, 2015
scribble:

Sagacious nematode a la fuuuktardo grande

Go and die and stop foaming from the mouth in my mentions

Filthy swine

Have I been able to help you diagnose how dumb you are?

1 Like

Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by Nobody: 12:25pm On Sep 27, 2015
Lol! Honestly I think you're all jealous that our women find husbands area very young age. You guys on the other hand, male and female are the shepherds of promiscuity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by Nobody: 12:26pm On Sep 27, 2015
Whether Sanusi is 200 years old is none of your business. The girl na una sister? some of the fools who are wanking about this issue here have been doing tesojue with under-16 girls since Ade bantu was on dreadlocks . Hypocrites!

1 Like

Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by Nobody: 12:27pm On Sep 27, 2015
mustiiz:

Belive me tho not an insult u lack senxe.. U r sayin north kips pullin nigeria back.. Everyone knws in dis life dat north is knwn for dia gals to marry early.. Nd dis man wants to marry an 18 year old gal.. Oh oh wah shud we say abt alafin of oyo.. I met u r yoruba dts y at 30 u wnt still find spouse if u have notin to say u beta log out.. If not .. Olofofo rada rada..at least d gal aint complaining
say what u know brother. One thing that is a fact is that the northerners are so backward! What else can they do with their lives apart from marriage, even a shoemaker will marry 3wives and give birth to kids they can't afford to take care of, then they sell d male kids off to boko haram, the females get married at age 10 and the cycle continues. U bet I'm youba? Ahahahahahahahah
Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by Beremx(f): 12:27pm On Sep 27, 2015
arabianights:

please ignore him .He clearly is low minded and from the gutters but assumes he is enlightened and classy.How can a man use such words as if he is a retarded child.

We are not arguing that the 18 year old is not an adult,we are basically making reference to the age gap.I would have stated a point here but it will raise alot of you are a liar so i prefer to keep shut over it but for sure Sanusi is not marrying his "hearthrob" as stated in some quarters.

Can he allow his daughter to make this same move? he has paraded himself as an enlightened muslim with a diference,Good then what stopped him from marrying older women ?Doesnt he feel his move is very selfish?The report of this marriage was out since january or before then in which it was debunked but here we are,so who is the liar?

Am even being asked a stupid question as to state the right reasons for marriage.Now lets see if sanusi will allow her finish her education and follow her dreams
you lots are funny. So now its not about the girl"s age but the age gap between SLS and his new bride? Do you want me to start to mention notable personalities that cuts across Nigeria who married women old to be their daughters?

Abeg,stop the hypocrisy and wish the Emir a happy married life.

1 Like

Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by Blonchilli(m): 12:27pm On Sep 27, 2015
Abeg make una help me dem tie am beat marry or she never reach 17? All u aunties wen never marry nr go find husband #GoAndMarry abeg. Na d**k una dy find dy chop suya and drink pepper soup. Anthony Martial na 19 yrs yet he has a beautiful wife, a child n expecting anooda. Una dy carry anoda wahala 4 head. #GoAndMarry

1 Like

Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by hamzeiy: 12:27pm On Sep 27, 2015
Ignyte:
You know how many 18 year old ashawo$ dey my area... ?? SLS marry 18 year old and christians no go allow person hear word... Mtcheww Nonesense
they prefer an 18 years old prostitude...or a 21 yrs old girl in 300 level dt has open her legs fr mre than 4 guys to fu.vk....corrupted nd useless people...christains let us be....talk from nw till tomorow it wont change one thing...you will only die of heart ache...nd fr us...you can all go to hell with what you think things to be done...no body really cares

1 Like

Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by bashsani(m): 12:28pm On Sep 27, 2015
sunnyb0b0:

So are you in support of girls getting married at 18?

Will you give your daughter out for marriage at 18?

Would your parents have given you out for marriage at 18 when u were just fresh from secondary school?but u supports sleeping around @ 18

Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by Nobody: 12:29pm On Sep 27, 2015
abduljabbar4:

At least we don't see in the news where imams rrape small girls on a daily basis
Ahahahahahaha..ur cup of garri my friend
Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by Sagamite(m): 12:29pm On Sep 27, 2015
arabianights:

Your dumb arsse feels you are enlightened?

Cretin, now tell us:

1) What is you business about the age gap between 2 adults that choose to marry each other?

2) What is the acceptable maximal age gap for 2 people marrying?

When fuuktards like you that want to shhow they are funky are asked to explain your concept, then your stupidity is exposed.

1 Like

Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by abouzaid: 12:29pm On Sep 27, 2015
arabianights:

bros, I'm in the north and i know how this marriages play out but paid e~rats have already overtaken the thread so let us maintain our silence and leave them to themselves.

1 Like

Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by arabianights: 12:29pm On Sep 27, 2015
Beremx:
you lots are funny. So now its not about the girl"s age but the age gap between SLS and his new bride? Do you want me to start to mention notable personalities that cuts across Nigeria who married women old to be their daughters?

Abeg,stop the hypocrisy and wish the Emir a happy married life.

what stopped you from wishing him that and moving on ? Allow us to continue wailing or are we using your voice and time to wail?
Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by angieberry(f): 12:29pm On Sep 27, 2015
Lol!!
As in the thing tire me oh
When an 18 yr old is a legal adult
At least he's not like that senator that married a 13 yr old girl
SLIDEwaxie:
18 urs old is a bride again, abi?

you're all dunce with head turned in the usual foolish way.

17 is the consented age...and if the girl wldnt complain...why shld u?

most of you idiots, your 15 yrs old sister fuccks her 70yrs old lecturer in a perpetual basis...

and when a 21yr old black marries a 60 yr old white ugly lady, non of you got epilepsy...

you dey mad!

1 Like

Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by Nobody: 12:30pm On Sep 27, 2015
Fulaboy:
And at the age of 40 I'm afraid na your type we see rushing for "Husband Anointing” undecided SMH

Ahahahahahahahahah...for ur mind now u funny. Fulani herdsman, swerve jare
Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by Niceiroko: 12:30pm On Sep 27, 2015
Use ur head abeg
Beremx:
It is better for an 18years old girl to be married than for an 11years old girl to be raped. 85percent of 18years old girls are no longer virgins. If na lie,ask Kylie Jenner.

As long as the bride is allowed to further her studies,i am happy with that. Emir Sanusi must not deprive her of furthering her education all because of marriage.
Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by Nobody: 12:31pm On Sep 27, 2015
Sagamite:

Speculation is when you seem to make up something not based on knowledge?

What makes you think she was not keen in marrying him?

As per Heidi, you said:

I am telling you many do, without it rooted at the perjority speculation of "daddy issues".

He is old and ugly and could almost be her grandfather and has got three other wives. This is what makes me think that she was not keen on marrying him.

Now tell me what would make a 18-year-old girl want to marry an old, ugly man who already has three wives instead of a handsome, athletic, younger man who is single?

I am curious.
Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by DrGroove(f): 12:31pm On Sep 27, 2015
Christians and pretence!
many of them are screwing children below 16
others are raping babies entrusted in their care
And nobody raises any dust
SLS married an 18yr old adult and they are spewing thrash!
70% of christian girls @ 18 are not virgins,many hv opened legs for more than 10 men @ that age...
No wonder abortion,hiv/aids is very common down south n west among the christian folks
Non sense! Carry go SLS

N/B: am a christian!

3 Likes

Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by Sagamite(m): 12:33pm On Sep 27, 2015
Mindfulness:

He is old and ugly and could almost be her grandfather and has got three other wives. This is what makes me think that she was not keen on marrying him.

Now tell me what would make a 18-year-old girl want to marry an old, ugly man who already has three wives instead of a handsome, athletic, younger man who is single?

I am curious.

So you are speculating and making assumptions like I said in the first place?

1 Like

Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by Beremx(f): 12:33pm On Sep 27, 2015
arabianights:

what stopped you from wishing him that and moving on ? Allow us to continue wailing or are we using your voice and time to wail?
your wailing is useless. Reserve it for something meaningful. grin

1 Like

Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by Nobody: 12:33pm On Sep 27, 2015
Mindfulness:

I am curious.

Your curiosity/opinions/wailing/interest doesn't change anything

1 Like

Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by Fulaboy(m): 12:33pm On Sep 27, 2015
ahsekeena:

Ahahahahahahahahah...for ur mind now u funny. Fulani herdsman, swerve jare
undecided

1 Like

Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by arabianights: 12:34pm On Sep 27, 2015
abouzaid:
bros, I'm in the north and i know how this marriages play out but paid e~rats have already overtaken the thread so let us maintain our silence and leave them to themselves.

Boss,am from the north my self but grew up outside the north and like you ,i for sure know how these kinda marriages are planned .So this their stories about shes adult, gal no complain,parents happy etc .......they dont know half of the truth.

Do you remember years ago when late maccido married an 18 year old and no press was allowed to go? One pix of that wedding leaked out and i still remember that bride's face and the expression.##
#

If anything, sanusi has proven that he was just wearing suits thats all.have a blessed life and lets keep silent and allow the e-rats deceive themselves am sure some kano emirate paid media pple are part of those attacking the truth

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Oshiomhole And His Wife Iara Pictured As They Left Nigeria For The US / How Shehu Sani Got Into Trouble With EFCC Over Car Dealer’s $30,000 / Bandits Kill Shila Ojebola (FIRS Manager) After Collecting ₦7 Million Ransom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.