Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,877 members, 7,810,335 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:19 AM

Funny Things Children Say Or Do In Their Innocence. - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Funny Things Children Say Or Do In Their Innocence. (74627 Views)

Funny Things Ladies Do During Pregnancy (pics) / Parents This Is What Your Children Say About You Outside / Discipline: Funny Things Kids Were Beaten For Back In The Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Funny Things Children Say Or Do In Their Innocence. by SisiNini(f): 8:09pm On Oct 14, 2015
Our neighbour's daughters aged 5 and 10 came to stay with us cos their parents were not around... While they were playing in the compound, the 5-year-old saw an old woman walking past; she was really old, frail and could not walk upright... The following conversation ensued between the two sisters;

5-YEAR-OLD: Aunty Ruth, do you want to grow old?

10-YEAR-OLD: (startled) Yes now! Why won't I grow old?

5-YEAR-OLD: (Afraid) Haaaa! You want grow old?

10-YEAR-OLD: Yes now!

5-YEAR-OLD: (Afraid) Haaaa! You will not grow old in Jesus name!!

10-YEAR-OLD: Stop cursing me! (She started crying)

5-YEAR-OLD: I say u will not grow old...

10-YEAR-OLD: I will grow old... I will go and report u...

5-YEAR-OLD: Okay o... If u like grow old, if u like don't grow old but av warned u o...

My mum and I could not control our laughter... With her reasoning, the 5-year-old meant well for her sister; she didn't want her to loose all her teeth and not be able to stand upright... My Mum had to sit her down and explain what 'old age' means to the little girl...

Their innocence could be funny atimes...

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Funny Things Children Say Or Do In Their Innocence. by MrBasketball: 8:12pm On Oct 14, 2015
EggovinMma come and share yours. cheesy
Re: Funny Things Children Say Or Do In Their Innocence. by menxer: 8:12pm On Oct 14, 2015
DebbyChris:
Lol

My 5years old sis was talking with a girl in our neighbourhood, and she said she wonder who will be cooking for them when sis debby(me) marries. Lol it was my neighbour that over heard it and told me we laughed out loud that day. Children are funny, special and wonderful, with an innocent heart.

She has a good point, because growing up is not fun with all the Wahala grown ups face.grin

1 Like

Re: Funny Things Children Say Or Do In Their Innocence. by maestroz: 8:13pm On Oct 14, 2015
this happened after chinedu on the left having watched pastor chris in action tried to pray for chinonso who says he has stomach pain.

chinedu just dey declare anointing.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Funny Things Children Say Or Do In Their Innocence. by MrBasketball: 8:14pm On Oct 14, 2015
SisiNini:
Our neighbour's daughters aged 5 and 10 came to stay with us cos their parents were not around... While they were playing in the compound, the 5-year-old saw an old woman walking past; she was really old, frail and could not walk upright... The following conversation ensued between the two sisters;

5-YEAR-OLD: Aunty Ruth, do you want to grow old?

10-YEAR-OLD: (startled) Yes now! Why won't I grow old?

5-YEAR-OLD: (Afraid) Haaaa! You want grow old?

10-YEAR-OLD: Yes now!

5-YEAR-OLD: (Afraid) Haaaa! You will not grow old in Jesus name!!

10-YEAR-OLD: Stop cursing me! (She started crying)

5-YEAR-OLD: I say u will not grow old...

10-YEAR-OLD: I will grow old... I will go and report u...

5-YEAR-OLD: Okay o... If u like grow old, if u like don't grow old but av warned u o...

My mum and I could not control our laughter... With her reasoning, the 5-year-old meant well for her sister; she didn't want her to loose all her teeth and not be able to stand upright... My Mum had to sit her down and explain what 'old age' means to the little girl...

Their innocence could be funny atimes...

I will be back to read your comment.

But you already gat my "Like" and "Share".
Re: Funny Things Children Say Or Do In Their Innocence. by yomisco4love(m): 8:15pm On Oct 14, 2015
Kids, obviously could sound so funny in their innocence.....
Some years back, my nephew of abt 5yrs old then.
When asked where is his grandma? Meanwhile, grandma went to a stream in the village to wash cloth called
"OWA-ELIJAH". So, as there is one popular man in the village called Elijah, he now answered; grandma has went to "OWA-DADDY-ELIJAH"

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Funny Things Children Say Or Do In Their Innocence. by hawk05(m): 8:17pm On Oct 14, 2015
Cetona:
My 3+ nephew used to call me 'Edu' (Yoruba word for charcoal) instead of Idowu undecided. Now his 1+ sister calls me 'Owu' (yoruba word for thread). These kids have completely messed with my name grin.
EduOwu? Merge it together to form "Black Thread"

8 Likes

Re: Funny Things Children Say Or Do In Their Innocence. by lilmizwierd(f): 8:20pm On Oct 14, 2015
Lest I forget my mother was shouting that my uncle forgot to pay Nepa Bill and the peeps had come. My 9month old neighbors son crawled out of my room went straight to my mother and started laughing . My mum increased her voice he increased his laughter when my mother couldnt take it again She turned and started laughing That's when he smiled and went back inside cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Nepa didnt cut our light again sef tongue tongue tongue

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Funny Things Children Say Or Do In Their Innocence. by Godsbaby1(f): 8:21pm On Oct 14, 2015
When i had my second son, so as we came back from hospital i just lay down to rest with my baby, from children's room my first son came in to my room with a toy car and said to a day old baby wat is this, say it, C is for wat, say it, i was looking at him and smiling, he left to his daddy's room and return with a cane to flog his brother, for not knwing that C is for car, i stood up to stop him from wiping his brother,he said no no no mummy leave me let me flog him how cud he not knw that ordinary C is a car, every body, mum, my hubby, younger every body was rolling wit laughter, he was 3 then

74 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Funny Things Children Say Or Do In Their Innocence. by yomisco4love(m): 8:22pm On Oct 14, 2015
Kids, obviously could sound so funny in their innocence.....
Some years back, my nephew of abt 5yrs old then.
When asked where is his grandma? Meanwhile, grandma went to a stream in the village to wash cloth called
"OWA-ELIJAH". So, as there is one popular man in the village called Elijah, he now answered; grandma has went to "OWA-DADDY-ELIJAH"

2 Likes

Re: Funny Things Children Say Or Do In Their Innocence. by yimagire: 8:25pm On Oct 14, 2015
Zuriela:
My 2yr+ daughter was putting a phone charger(not plugged) in her mouth, so my 5yr old nephew was yelling my name to come quickly. When I got to and asked what d problem was, he said 'Ur daughter wants to charge herself' with fear all over him.
I had a good laugh thereafter.
hahaha
Re: Funny Things Children Say Or Do In Their Innocence. by Totfulguy: 8:28pm On Oct 14, 2015
Godsbaby1:
When i had my second son, so as we came back from hospital i just lay down to rest with my baby, from children's room my first son came in to my room with a toy car and said to a day old baby wat is this, say it, C is for wat, say it, i was looking at him and smiling, he left to his daddy's room and return with a cane to flog his brother, for not knwing that C is for car, i stood up to stop him from wiping his brother,he said no no no mummy leave me let me flog him how cud he not knw that ordinary C is a car, every body, mum, my hubby, younger every body was rolling wit laughter, he was 3 then

Hahahahaha...Children OMG!

1 Like

Re: Funny Things Children Say Or Do In Their Innocence. by gaburiel(m): 8:28pm On Oct 14, 2015
During those period sticker chewing gum was reigning, my sister called our 2nd to the last born (3 plus then), nonsense-stica, she immediately replied her with nonsense-chewing-gum.

Our last born when she was still a child, my other sisters were talking about locating a house a close family friend just moved into, the next she said was that she knew the house, but she does not know the surrounding

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funny Things Children Say Or Do In Their Innocence. by Nobody: 8:29pm On Oct 14, 2015
Godsbaby1:

*Faints*
Hahahahahahahahaha.

2 Likes

Re: Funny Things Children Say Or Do In Their Innocence. by kaziblake(f): 8:31pm On Oct 14, 2015
My neighbour 4yrs old daughter was asked to pray during a small get 2gether party organised by my mother.she started by saying,ijn any poison iya David put inside dis food to make us die will go back 2d sender.we were all shocked,my mum was so embrarrased

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Funny Things Children Say Or Do In Their Innocence. by Mariojane(f): 8:34pm On Oct 14, 2015
Since I don't have a baby yet let me tell you my experience when I was in primary school .

I was in primary 1 while my brother was in primary 3. At the end of the term we took our results home, I had 2nd position while he took 1st. When we got home my dad looked at results and told us we did great. He comment on my brother told my brother his result was good and told me mine was great. So I started mocking my brother That daddy said my result is better than his that he need to read more .he was arguing with me that 1st is better than 2nd but I didn't accept. We had to go back to my dad that was when dad told me 1st is better than 2nd. Jesus Christ see cry that day I was crying so much that my mum had to bribe me with head of fish before I stop crying

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funny Things Children Say Or Do In Their Innocence. by Olamiliann(f): 8:34pm On Oct 14, 2015
I was in a store with my 3+ old daughter and someone passed along the road next thing I heard was ''see his head like papa Ajasco'' I couldn't hold my laughter the man couldn't say anything

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Funny Things Children Say Or Do In Their Innocence. by Ezemust: 8:35pm On Oct 14, 2015
my neighbor kid daughter would always ask every one in igbo: igaata abacha kaagwotaagi.what she intended saying was, will u eat abacha so that we can prepare it for u.but she will end up saying,will u eat abacha make snake bite u

42 Likes

Re: Funny Things Children Say Or Do In Their Innocence. by Nobody: 8:36pm On Oct 14, 2015
Beautiful thread. Children are really a wonderful lot.

6 Likes

Re: Funny Things Children Say Or Do In Their Innocence. by RALPHOW(m): 8:36pm On Oct 14, 2015
One day in the children church we were
teaching these London children songs.
Up Up Up Jesus x 3
Down down Satan x 3
One little 3 years old girl said why down down satan
We said satan is God's enemy.
She said what did he do, anyway let God forgive him.
U know what? We thought them forgiveness no matter what before.
Honestly we don't know what to say again.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Funny Things Children Say Or Do In Their Innocence. by Cetona(f): 8:36pm On Oct 14, 2015
Luckygurl:

I'll personally adopt that off your neice "owu"(igbo word for thread too) grin grin grin
angry Please don't grin. Those two have tormented me enough. Some days she calls me things I can't even understand. Kids tho

2 Likes

Re: Funny Things Children Say Or Do In Their Innocence. by zubimete(f): 8:37pm On Oct 14, 2015
Nice experiences frm different children, my neigbour daughter 3yrs during our talk amazed me wen i asked her to cook fried rice for me to launch deir new g
apartment, she replied by saying i wil cook fried rice nd put stew 4 you. anoda small cousin of mine came to d vila frm lag, so children were following about bt wen she went to pee pee she screamed nd said y are you here dnt you knw i wat to pee? She came complaining to ha mum.
The third xperience was while i was teaching in nursery sch, my pupil favous can't write bt will always run wit her friends book to tell me dat anty blesed is writing chagachaga. Loiz children are fun to be wit

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funny Things Children Say Or Do In Their Innocence. by oludebby90(f): 8:37pm On Oct 14, 2015
During my grandma burial, after d coffin was thrown into d grave, my little cousin started crying seriously n fighting her dad dat y will they put her grandma inside a box and throw her inside a pit, pouring sand on her, do they want to kill her, with d tears in our eyes, we all started smiling.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Funny Things Children Say Or Do In Their Innocence. by Deejavuu(f): 8:38pm On Oct 14, 2015
Totfulguy:
I was playing with my daughter 2+ and she goes "Daaaaddyyyy" and I looked up and she goes "Close your eyes" and I complied. Next she goes "Close your mouth" I did. "Close your ears", I did and she said "Close your head". And I said "Angel I dont know how to do that one. In the end she asked me to close "Teeth, Leg, face etc. Hmmm! What can I say...She is my branch manager.

Awwww,, Lmao. Close your head grin cheesy. Children are just too cute....

Hilarious comments. I'm craving mine embarassed smiley

Thread made my day.

4 Likes

Re: Funny Things Children Say Or Do In Their Innocence. by Nobody: 8:40pm On Oct 14, 2015
kaziblake:
My neighbour 4yrs old daughter was asked to pray during a small get 2gether party organised by my mother.she started by saying,ijn any poison iya David put inside dis food to make us die will go back 2d sender.we were all shocked,my mum was so embrarrased

aaaahh...Are you sure he didn't see vision of iya david putting poison

4 Likes

Re: Funny Things Children Say Or Do In Their Innocence. by cassyrooy(m): 8:42pm On Oct 14, 2015
Pidggin:
I like the way my niece pronounces her own name, she's Sophia but she calls herself "Toppiaaa" grin
My niece also named Sophia, she's 3+, last week while we all travelled, due to laziness to cook, we went to a buka to eat, after eating she hurriedly collected a sachet water, with haste my sister made to collect it to avoid her from spilling water around, next we heard was ''Mummy leave it, i want to 'tapuo it'" meaning 'Mummy leave it, i want to 'open it'" and everyone around started laughing and my sister was uncontrollable with laughter.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Funny Things Children Say Or Do In Their Innocence. by lilmizwierd(f): 8:43pm On Oct 14, 2015
maestroz:
this happened after chinedu on the left having watched pastor chris in action tried to pray for chinonso who says he has stomach pain.

chinedu just dey declare anointing.
this reminds me of a funny pastor son. They rushed one of the members who was dieing. Since the father was not around they decided to wait. The boy came and saw people crying he quickly ran inside carried his father Tie put it round his neck and came back to the dieing woman. He layed his hand on her and didnt say anything after some minutes he shouted amen . Before the peeps said Jack Robinson the woman was standing. When they asked him why he did it He simply said that's what Daddy does when someone is sick cheesy cheesy cheesy
Dude is now a pastor cheesy

71 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Funny Things Children Say Or Do In Their Innocence. by christinie(f): 8:43pm On Oct 14, 2015
The topic should be renamed: Kids Say The Funniest Things.
Re: Funny Things Children Say Or Do In Their Innocence. by Nobody: 8:43pm On Oct 14, 2015
ogorkojo:

Awwww! So u have a daughter. Congrats. Please don't quarrel with anyone again on social media. Read an earlier post. Congrats again
she is a pretty chap that make me LOL when she plays her kiddies prank.

I've. Made up with punkyveer and we are starting on a clean slate.
Re: Funny Things Children Say Or Do In Their Innocence. by Nobody: 8:46pm On Oct 14, 2015
MrBasketball:
EggovinMma come and share yours. cheesy

Let me share mine from my mother's mouth. cheesy

During the 1993 Abiola saga that ibos left Lagos, I was still very young, like 7 years. I fell sick in the village and was taking to the hospital, a very local hospital in the village grin grin.My mama say as the bring out injection to shook my small bombom na so I shout ODDDDDDDDDOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!
I continued to scream the name till the whole village gathered at the hospital because they were surprised and curious to know if the late man really is dead

ODO IS MY GRANDSFATHERS NAME.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funny Things Children Say Or Do In Their Innocence. by lilmizwierd(f): 8:49pm On Oct 14, 2015
Cetona:

angry Please don't grin. Those two have tormented me enough. Some days she calls me things I can't even understand. Kids tho
i can feel your pain am a baby sitter and my Poor name Esther has been brutalized.
It's either Eta or Teta or AuntieEeeta the recent one Tester sad sad got me weeping.
My baby Dera must always add O to the name he be like EeetaOOO tongue tongue tongue

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funny Things Children Say Or Do In Their Innocence. by cassyrooy(m): 8:51pm On Oct 14, 2015
Cetona:
My 3+ nephew used to call me 'Edu' (Yoruba word for charcoal) instead of Idowu undecided. Now his 1+ sister calls me 'Owu' (yoruba word for thread). These kids have completely messed with my name grin.
They love u like LOVE. Hahahahahaha

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Trolls Say My Disabled Husband Can’t Satisfy Me But They’re Wrong / Unclad Man Roaming The Streets Of Abuja With His Kids All Dressed Up (Photo) / What My Wife Does Whenever We Have A Disagreement

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.