Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

NIGERIANS IN LONDON The Never Told Stories - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / NIGERIANS IN LONDON The Never Told Stories (77178 Views)

Oyinbo Man Spotted Hawking Soft Drinks To Nigerians In UK Traffic / Heathrow Airport Replies Nigerian Over Leaking Airport Roof In London / Ada Onyilokwu Nigerian, Dies In London (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NIGERIANS IN LONDON The Never Told Stories by greatmaxjude: 9:25pm On Oct 05, 2015
I have been hearing a lot about the treatments melted on Nigerians living in UK and over this years they kept on talking about relocating back to Nigeria. Year come and go these same Nigerians are still stock there. And my question is, why are they still back there, let them come back home. U don't complain about one issue and still sit down in dat particular spot. The earlier they decide on their next move the better for them
Re: NIGERIANS IN LONDON The Never Told Stories by ronald4lif(m): 9:26pm On Oct 05, 2015
bonechamberlain:
why be in u.k when there is u.s. haven't seen the reason why I should decide to base in the u.k with all their racism, than in the u.s. but truth be told they are more organized and civilized than the u.s. but u have %70 chances to succeed in the u.s than u k.

I don't know if you've ever been to the U.S coz you'd have known racism exist there more than in the UK. Britain is one of the least racial tolerance in the world I think second to Canada.

I've never encountered racist attack here and the locals are very accommodating. Thing is, Africans would always play racism cards no matter if it's unwarranted. One might be walking on the way and the police might just stop them to ask security questions, and Africans will say they're victimised. But even the native Brits are randomly stopped too.

I think it's a complex issue. Drive carelessly and get stop by the police they'd say it's cos of their skin colour. True some are influenced by racial hate but we complain about everything. Just like we employ tribalism and religious bigotry in Nigeria we think Westerners are same.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NIGERIANS IN LONDON The Never Told Stories by ekemit(m): 9:27pm On Oct 05, 2015
For me i just want to travel out of this country, with the way i am struggling i am not making it, if i put that effort in any of this country i will definetely make it, this country is frustrating, let be sincere expecially for graduates that are honest and hardworking.

4 Likes

Re: NIGERIANS IN LONDON The Never Told Stories by arabianights: 9:30pm On Oct 05, 2015
bonechamberlain:
why be in u.k, when there is u.s.

My dear the racial discrimination in u.s is now something else.it has always been there but hidden.Even the African american Holly wood stars are not exempted.
Re: NIGERIANS IN LONDON The Never Told Stories by Nobody: 9:30pm On Oct 05, 2015
ronald4lif:

I don't know if you've ever been to the U.S coz you'd have known racism exist there more than in the UK. Britain is one of the least racial tolerance in the world I think second to Canada.

I've never encountered racist attack here and the locals are very accommodating. Thing is, Africans would always play racism cards no matter if it's unwarranted. One might be walking on the way and the police might just stop them to ask security questions, and Africans will say they're victimised. But even the native Brits are randomly stopped.

I think it's a complex issue. Drive carelessly and get stop by the police they'd say it's cos of their skin colour. True some are influenced by racial hate but we complain about everything. Just like we employ tribalism and religious bigotry in Nigeria we think Westerners are same.

Well said my brother, we always tend to be emotional rather than being rational. Racism does exist but most things we term as racism aren't racism in the true sense of it. Our own form of discrimination is worse off.

2 Likes

Re: NIGERIANS IN LONDON The Never Told Stories by coogar: 9:32pm On Oct 05, 2015
Truthpallbearer:
You all UK-based Nigerians should give back to the Nigerian society instead of calling us sour grapes.

what exactly should the UK-based naija folks give back? instead of you to demand accountability from your corrupt leaders, you want people that are 6,000 miles away from you to give back?

you must be very intelligent. grin

3 Likes

Re: NIGERIANS IN LONDON The Never Told Stories by Nobody: 9:32pm On Oct 05, 2015
Who send them.. Then they should come back home nah..!

Most of them accept dirtier jobs than the ones naija can offer!

undecided undecided
Re: NIGERIANS IN LONDON The Never Told Stories by arabianights: 9:33pm On Oct 05, 2015
ronald4lif:

I've never encountered racist attack here and the locals are very accommodating. Thing is, Africans would always play racism cards no matter if it's unwarranted. One might be walking on the way and the police might just stop them to ask security questions, and Africans will say they're victimised. But even the native Brits are randomly stopped too.

@ you are 100% on point there.U.s is a country i detest going to .An international magazine one referred to it as the biggest most successfu; P.r ever.They have the media to potray what ever lies they want the world to believe but till you step in.Racial discrimination in uk is low cant say of canada personally as i have never been there but have read and heard of its racial tolerance
Re: NIGERIANS IN LONDON The Never Told Stories by ronald4lif(m): 9:35pm On Oct 05, 2015
Truthpallbearer:
Well said my brother, we always tend to be emotional rather than being rational. Racism does exist but most things we term as racism aren't racism in the true sense of it. Our own form of discrimination is worse off.

Don't mind us. We would have done worse if we were the ones who were in their position to attract migrants. Within us as a country we can see the hate and intolerance that exist among the different ethnic nationalities in Nigeria. We're not in the position to talk about racism coz we're worse off.
Re: NIGERIANS IN LONDON The Never Told Stories by Greatfes17: 9:35pm On Oct 05, 2015
Ahh!!!
Too long.
Saved for offline reading though.

1 Like

Re: NIGERIANS IN LONDON The Never Told Stories by Joeoku78: 9:37pm On Oct 05, 2015
No better place like home. Really going by what I have read here, non citizens resident in UK have to work extra mile genuinely in order to make ends meet provided you are resident there with permit unlike in Nigeria where every border is porous and vulnerable to innocent citizens
Nigeria is better off to live in than living in foreign land where you will paying and buying through hard labour
If Nigeria had had better government previously these immigrants of Nigerian extraction wouldn't have been living in UK and two millions for that matter in search of greener pasture
For those nairalanders having it difficult to read the major post this will guide you to understand what the main topic is saying

1 Like

Re: NIGERIANS IN LONDON The Never Told Stories by 6fit(f): 9:40pm On Oct 05, 2015
erico2k2:

I like your objective thinking, let me give you a situation of a friend I know,Sold his house N3M,moved to the UK, his younger Bro moved with him, they both went underground and worked in the black labour mkt, doing 12 hours shift daily.cos of the long hours their take home each was always above £1800 monthly so in total they both generate £3600 monthly B4 rent and food and other xpences. rent was £500 cos they both live in one room.the jointly post £1500 home each month thats more than N500k so if they do this for 3 years the would have saved N18M.At teh 4th year they decide to pack up and return back to Nigeria, would you say they have made a wise decision?

lol...yur analysis is logical. I will say they made a fairly good decision....at d long run, they will b better of when they return home in 10yrs. In all, bfor relocating to husstle abroad, u need to avaluate yur achievement back home in d last 5yrs if it not encouraging, then seeking greener pasture abroad if d opportunity show is ok

4 Likes

Re: NIGERIANS IN LONDON The Never Told Stories by coogar: 9:41pm On Oct 05, 2015
Lizabeth25:
Who send them.. Then they should come back home nah..!

Most of them accept dirtier jobs than the ones naija can offer!

undecided undecided

those "dirtier" jobs pay more money than most bank managers make in nigeria. it's all about the money money money.

13 Likes

Re: NIGERIANS IN LONDON The Never Told Stories by ronald4lif(m): 9:41pm On Oct 05, 2015
arabianights:

@ you are 100% on point there.U.s is a country i detest going to .An international magazine one referred to it as the biggest most successfu; P.r ever.They have the media to potray what ever lies they want the world to believe but till you step in.Racial discrimination in uk is low cant say of canada personally as i have never been there but have read and heard of its racial tolerance

True. Even with the much touted liberalism strides achieved by the U.S and the large black community there, the both race (White & Blacks) hardly mix. If you were observant you'd see that hardly would you come across an interracial couple of black and a white. It's rare coz they discriminate against themselves.

In contrast, UK has the highest black-White interracial relationships and mix race kids from both race.

1 Like

Re: NIGERIANS IN LONDON The Never Told Stories by manie(m): 9:42pm On Oct 05, 2015
tspun:
though its hard to believe but it is possible, i am aware of a 4 bedroom duplex that was sold for 40m at
4th Round About, Off World Oil Filling Station, Ilasan Area, Lekki, Lekki Expressway,

So what is 40m that he can't afford after four years of hustling in London.
so you think anyone can legally save £150k after hustling for 4 years as a cab driver in UK

2 Likes

Re: NIGERIANS IN LONDON The Never Told Stories by Nobody: 9:42pm On Oct 05, 2015
coogar:

what exactly should the UK-based naija folks give back? instead of you to demand accountability from your corrupt leaders, you want people that are 6,000 miles away from you to give back?

you must be very intelligent. grin
Being humane is not a bad thing right? I'm an advocate of good governance and trying to see it happen before I pass out. Together we can make it happen despite the huge challenges.
Re: NIGERIANS IN LONDON The Never Told Stories by martineverest(m): 9:45pm On Oct 05, 2015
Hmmm..cant believdd dis;probably,the ppl dat surrounds ya are d 9ce type.av always seen d brits d worst racists in western region,and africans are d worst racists in d world,cos tribalism is d worst form of racism
ronald4lif:

I don't know if you've ever been to the U.S coz you'd have known racism exist there more than in the UK. Britain is one of the least racial tolerance in the world
Thing is, Africans would always play racism cards no matter if it's unwarranted. One might be walking on the way and the police might just stop them to ask security questions, and Africans will say they're victimised. But even the native Brits are randomly stopped too.

Re: NIGERIANS IN LONDON The Never Told Stories by therapistmrs: 9:46pm On Oct 05, 2015
wish them all the best therapistmrs..com
Re: NIGERIANS IN LONDON The Never Told Stories by arabianights: 9:46pm On Oct 05, 2015
Funjosh:
Hmmm.............. Ireland is better to me than UK.

Mind giving us some facts? I personally was planning on relocating to uk till The hell in Nigeria freezes over....ireland might be it for me sha.
Re: NIGERIANS IN LONDON The Never Told Stories by mkoabiola: 9:47pm On Oct 05, 2015
I read d story a-z
In summary,it is expensive ti live in. London
Hence ,u av to work hard if not na sorry b ur name (OYO)
Re: NIGERIANS IN LONDON The Never Told Stories by paix(m): 9:48pm On Oct 05, 2015
freeDR:
I never thought of leaving Nigeria before, and I don't plan to.
Home sweet home. They should all come back home and let's salvage this country together.
Re: NIGERIANS IN LONDON The Never Told Stories by arabianights: 9:48pm On Oct 05, 2015
coogar:

those "dirtier" jobs pay more money than most bank managers make in nigeria. it's all about the money money money.

Dont laugh or squeeze your face oo but i heard people that wash dead bodies are well paid.Might be a dirty job but whites too do it shocked grin
Re: NIGERIANS IN LONDON The Never Told Stories by ruggedtimi(m): 9:48pm On Oct 05, 2015
i go still enta london.... cool,

1 Like

Re: NIGERIANS IN LONDON The Never Told Stories by Nobody: 9:48pm On Oct 05, 2015
That's d problem about humans! Even if u are killing yourself on d job, oyinbo people use una as slave, instead to run back home and let us receive una like d black sheep, una will prefer to die there!

Is it by force..? undecided

coogar:

1 Like

Re: NIGERIANS IN LONDON The Never Told Stories by 3kay945(m): 9:51pm On Oct 05, 2015
I read all just for the sake of a brother that is always contemplating travelling abroad.
I wish I could discourage him.
undecided
Re: NIGERIANS IN LONDON The Never Told Stories by Tinyemeka(m): 9:52pm On Oct 05, 2015
gbosaa:

Where did you get this from? "So what is 4 that he can't afford after four years of hustling in London"?

Let's do some maths. Taxi drivers make between £500-£800 a week, let's assume his is very lucrative driving football players to trainings and stuff. He will make up to £1000.
That's £26000-£52000 a year. He has to pay the taxi company every week, but fuel, insurance, pay house rent and other domestic expenses.

So you think he could save N10m or around £30k-£40k per year after expenses. Mind you he has to pay tax. So after four years, assuming he landed from Heathrow and started his cab business the following day having mastered all the driving routes from surfing the net in Nigeria or with the aid of his sat nav,He could save N40m or £130k-£135k after hustling for four years??

I wonder what'd happen if eventually, 1GBP equates to 1NGN?
Re: NIGERIANS IN LONDON The Never Told Stories by SkinnyDude(m): 9:53pm On Oct 05, 2015
bebe2:

nigerians and there obsession with UK, just checkout the number of pple viewing this thread. grin grin

but dem go pretend say dem no like london, but wen dem hear the name, them go stand still cool cool
na finland wey i like

1 Like

Re: NIGERIANS IN LONDON The Never Told Stories by bonechamberlain(m): 9:54pm On Oct 05, 2015
ronald4lif:

I have been in the u.s, precisely a white dominated area, Boston, during my stay there nobody even noticed I was black, very friendly and accommodating. my first rascist experience was in London Heathrow, asked a Brit some questions and he looked and kept on moving I knew he was a Brit through his tongue, he just dropped a call before I asked, my problem with u.k is not even about rascim but tax tax tax.

5 Likes

Re: NIGERIANS IN LONDON The Never Told Stories by Ferdinandu(m): 9:57pm On Oct 05, 2015
[

1 Like

Re: NIGERIANS IN LONDON The Never Told Stories by bonechamberlain(m): 9:58pm On Oct 05, 2015
arabianights:

My dear the racial discrimination in u.s is now something else.it has always been there but hidden.Even the African american Holly wood stars are not exempted.
I don't really care about racism, I believe in the u.s u can settle down quickly as a migrant than in the u.k with all their exorbitant taxes.

4 Likes

Re: NIGERIANS IN LONDON The Never Told Stories by bonechamberlain(m): 10:01pm On Oct 05, 2015
erico2k2:

with all dis shoot shhot, me i rather stay in the Uk B4 sombody wey no like maths teacher go shooot my pikin 4 class sake of say Him hate maths and the maths teacher.
hahahaha. it would have been worse if UK police or its citizens have access to firearms.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! / Man Who Climbed Azman Aircraft At Lagos Airport Is From Niger Republic - FAAN / This Is What A Nigerian Visa Looks Like (PHOTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.