Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,141 members, 7,814,998 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:14 AM

Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released (20827 Views)

Quit Notice Against Igbos Is Real And Stands, Ex-presidential Aid, Okupe Warns / United Nation Reacts To Arewa Group’s Threat Against Igbos / Why Buhari Didn’t Appoint Igbos As Service Chiefs — Oyegun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by tevinsolt: 10:37pm On Oct 05, 2015
xtrorse:

From your logic and reasoning it then means excluding the SE from the 40 important political appointments made so far by the present administration is rocket science.

Try some other tales...

it seems to be, because you killed yourselves politically, so swerve with that political bullshit.
I bet you think Jonathan's administration is the best thing to have ever happened in your life too.

2 Likes

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by Nobody: 10:38pm On Oct 05, 2015
tevinsolt:

it seems to be, because you killed yourselves politically, so swerve with that political bullshit.
I bet you think Jonathan's administration is the best thing to have ever happened in your life too.

From your first comment you shouldn't have bothered concealing your hypocritical bigotry while appearing to be objective defending the indefensible Quota System on Unity Schools admission.

From your trainings you understood by books that exercising one's franchise right in a democratic setting is tantamount to killing oneself politically.

I don't need to blame you for how low you can sink to support injustice. I blame myself for being made to be in the same country filled with hypocritical bigots with bizarre understanding.

Time shall tell who will be rueful...

2 Likes

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by Nobody: 10:41pm On Oct 05, 2015
obailala:
I have never supported the quota system... and I also dont support your continuous insinuations that only Igbos are the victims of this.

The south are the victim's.

Den wen u get to the south, the SE are the worse victims.

2 Likes

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by tonychristopher: 11:06pm On Oct 05, 2015
When I was growing up my people will drum it into my ears that I am Igbo and that I am the best and from the best ethnic group. .I thought they were joking till I start seeing this when I started growing up

The fact is that the Nigerian people have thrown in the towel and agreed unconsciously and unconventionally that Igbo has the highest IQ in Nigeria nay Africa

No wonder the man that had the highest IQ is an Igbo man and this has been proved over and over both at home and abroad

To be honest I don't consider the cut off mark of north or anybody to matter all that matters to me is to let my children know that they are the best

That's how our father's brought us up

I give all the glory to God

Why won't the Igbo man beat his chest after seeing that he is better academically and streetwise

4 Likes

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by tonychristopher: 11:08pm On Oct 05, 2015
xtrorse:

From your first comment you shouldn't have bothered concealing your hypocritical bigotry while appearing to be objective defending the indefensible Quota System on Unity Schools admission.

From your trainings you understood by books that exercising one's franchise right in a democratic setting is tantamount to killing oneself politically.

I don't need to blame you for how low you can sink to support injustice. I blame myself for being made to be in the same country filled with hypocritical bigots with bizarre understanding.

Time shall tell...

That's the only regret ..sharing the same country with buffoons...and I mean it

When you hear most talk you will see a while lot of illogicalities even their elders

I have learn to ignore many of them that is why I will not quote any of them

2 Likes

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by shizzy7(f): 11:13pm On Oct 05, 2015
Please its neither for IGBO nor YORUBA,,

Its for the north, they are only encouraging them to go to school,,
The level of illiteracy between the South and North is Incomparable,,and they are the most populated...

If they go to school, if also reduces poverty rate in the country...

Enough of all these tribalistic threads,, I can't comprehend how some people even think...

2 Likes

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by Nobody: 11:26pm On Oct 05, 2015
bm

1 Like

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by shizzy7(f): 11:33pm On Oct 05, 2015
warrior01:
This is so disheartening as the injustice continues where even a female child from Anambra has to score 66 and above to get admission while a child from sokoto has to score only 7 to get same. Is it fair? Where is the merit in this case?
Why are you like this
What is not fair?? is it only Igbo that is high what of Yoruba..

Have you ever lived in the north before??
Sokoto has the HIGHEST poverty and Illiteracy rate in Nigeria.....

***Free school they don't want to go not to talk about giving them high Cut off marks....

Their mentality is different from that of the South that takes education as "A MUST" affair.....the low cut off marks is just to encourage them....

EVERYTIME you guys are always Coming up with Sectional and tribalistic threads,,,..

1 Like

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by Nobody: 11:35pm On Oct 05, 2015
shizzy7:
Why are you like this
What is not fair?? is it only Igbo that is high what of Yoruba..

Have you ever lived in the north before??
Sokoto has the HIGHEST poverty and Illiteracy rate in Nigeria.....

***Free school they don't want to go not to talk about giving them high Cut off marks....and you're the same person that will say they little girls are getting married...

Their mentality is different from that of the South that takes education as "A MUST" affair.....the low cut off marks is just to encourage them....

EVERYTIME you guys are always Coming up with Sectional and tribalistic threads,,,..

Hold it there! Enough of your diatribe and false accusation!

Since the sojourn of this country which tribes have continually displayed sectionalism and tribalism in national affairs?

Which tribes have used every available media outfit at their disposal to malign and paint other people black just to get undue political advantages?

Over the course of Nigeria's political life whose leaders and elites have used the media to fabricate and spread lies, falsehood and propaganda, which have fuelled the heating up of the polity?

Is it fair to place Quota System as priority in merit-related issues than in political appointments?

Is it fair that SW personalities were amongst the 40 important political appointments made so far by the PMB administration without any consideration for the SE?

Is it fair that when it comes to revenue sharing you remind me that it shall be based on the number of the disproportionately acquired, numerous LGAs, which in your sparsely populated parasitic State is 10 times bigger in land mass than my densely populated State?

Do well to provide the necessary answers to see if your last statement holds any water and for a robust discourse.

1 Like

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by Durinsday: 11:58pm On Oct 05, 2015
Until the culture of merit is enshrined unequivocally, Nigeria would never progress. It reeks of bigotry that someone would promote such discrimination against bright children all over the country.

How does the concept of quota system for unity schools make sense to a SW/SE child that scored high but was denied admission because another child who is an absolutely poor performer takes that chance. We are killing our best minds and promoting poor performance from childhood.

So, due to quota systems imagine we keep pushing these 7/100 scorers until through university and give them big tasks like say drilling an oil well

1 Like

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by meccuno: 12:17am On Oct 06, 2015
StOla:

Go and change the laws that established the unity schools and stop making noise where it is of no relevance. It is not a school of merit or for the gifted. It is a unity school for National Integration.

If you are not interested, get your kids into private schools where you may actually get admission by academic merit, but you would also pay the true worth of the education received, unlike the subsidized unity school.

Why must you always covet what does not belong to you?
You have your quota, they have theirs, is that too difficult for a greedy soul to deal with?

I have no time for tribal arguments on a Monday.

Do you ever give yourself any rest from tribal agitations?
I used to think that bigots are justs people who are very over zealous when it comes to their own. Bigots are usually people who are smart and intelligent with many reasons to prove why their tribe is the best.......that being said, having a hole in the face doesn't guarantee that one would speak words of wisdom.........the last few post of yours are disgusting to say the least......in your attempt to prove the un provable, you ended up making a foo.l out of your self.......we are talking about merit and you are Þalking about laws being created for unity schools........was it goats that enacted these laws? I can excuse many silly tribal rants but trying to turn logic on its head is what I won't tolerate........hypocrite

3 Likes

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by meccuno: 12:21am On Oct 06, 2015
StOla:

Let me give you a final education as I do not want to be tied up with Igbos who are determined to whine about other people's property, while trying to appear as a victim of injustice.

If the North picks up overnight and start scoring high in these entry exams, their cut off mark will be as high as Lagos or Anambra or Delta, but the number of Northerners admitted would still be the same because they are only filling their guaranteed quota without taking away what belongs to another.

If Anambra state or Abia state suddenly starts scoring low, by extension their cut off mark could fall as low as 20, but they will still fill up their guaranteed quota with that low mark, without any state taking what belongs to them.

Is this very plain principle of quota too complex for the educated Igbo to grasp?
the more I read these post of Ÿours the more I shake my head......and to think that you are making sense while one dude acÞually concurred with your illogical argument beats my imagination.......

2 Likes

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by nd07(m): 12:24am On Oct 06, 2015
obum88:
I am a full blooded Igbo but that is not injustice it shows superiority.

U believe u ma guy. they can't b match 4 us
Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by meccuno: 12:39am On Oct 06, 2015
NoMoreTrolling:

it seems you are plugged in, so you are not grasping what the theme of this thread is, what the implications are and what the rectification should be undecided how am I supposed to get through to you when you are so steadfast in your belief in mediocrity

nonetheless, i'm still gonna try

we are arguing, not based on the technicalities and implementation of the quota system, but based on the rationale behind it

let me state an example for you in practical terms. when i was in ss3, we had a junior student in ss2 then that couldn't do simple multiplication. like he couldn't do 4 * 4 and so on and I and my friends wondered how he kept rising through school with failed class reports. being much younger then, we probably just laughed it off as we had more pressing school issues to think about like light, water... however, now it does sink in a bit.

i ask you, would a student who scored 7 be learning the same material as the one who scored 60

would the material be dropped down to the level of the "7" student, or brought up to the level of the "60" student

if it's brought down to the level of the "7" student, then the "60" student would have wasted a great potential in that school and if it is brought up to the "60" student level, then how would the "7" student compete

do you now see how delirious the current system is

here you are giving me numbers and statistics of how the current bad implementation of the quota system is being carried out and you expect that to serve as some sort of justification you even mention about a state not being cheated! that's how far down the rabbit hole you've sunk.

you need to first unplug dude

1 Like

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by tevinsolt: 12:54am On Oct 06, 2015
xtrorse:

Time shall tell who will be rueful...
Of course only time shall tell, you have the right exercise your ideas and beliefs, Those with opposing views also have the right to same, when the opposing view supersedes then it only makes sense to bring people with same ideals on board.....Majority of Igbos supported Jonathan, so why bring them on board when they have opposing views.

1 Like

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by meccuno: 12:56am On Oct 06, 2015
gbemtrol:
To my fellow Ndi Igbo, people will not take us serious if we do not show basic understanding and we cry foul anytime we hear "North" in any conversation. It's quite ridiculous.

Let me break it down; Some call the system "Quota System" others call it "Affirmative Action" (you may search for that). It's primarily designed "to encourage" participation in an activity, usually when a particular group of persons or people have been found out not to partake in that activity as much as other persons or people. Everyone knows Northern Nigeria is the least literate part of Nigeria. So how can literacy be encouraged? Simply by increasing the number of participants by LOWERING their cut off marks which by the way doesn't infringe on any other region's "share".

As for we in the east whenever we give birth to a child what we're thinking of 'is which school the child will attend and not if the child will attend school or not. That speaks volume, it means there is HIGH PARTICIPATION, so how can we encourage excellence? By raising the cut off mark.
After achieving high participation the next goal is excellence.
will it take 100 years before they start participating in education? They don't like education but they want to rule in perpetuity

2 Likes

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by meccuno: 12:58am On Oct 06, 2015
ArodewilliamsT:

Why do enjoy deceiving yourself? you will become Igbo the day my dog becomes a Horse.
lolz
Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by Nobody: 1:00am On Oct 06, 2015
tevinsolt:

Of course only time shall tell, you have the right exercise your ideas and beliefs, Those with opposing views also have the right to same, when the opposing view supersedes then it only makes sense to bring people with same ideals on board.....Majority of Igbos supported Jonathan, so why bring them on board when they have opposing views.

You tribe or mine, we shall surely know who is mischievous or making sense and who will be rueful eventually...
Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by tevinsolt: 1:42am On Oct 06, 2015
xtrorse:

You tribe or mine, we shall surely know who is mischievous or making sense and who will be rueful eventually...

The endgame is gonna be a split, like your people are already abusively Demanding for, you can then sail off into the sunset and show the world what the Igbo spirit is made of.

2 Likes

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by Nobody: 1:51am On Oct 06, 2015
tevinsolt:

The endgame is gonna be a split, like your people are already abusively Demanding for, you can then sail off into the sunset and show the world what the Igbo spirit is made of.

Nice to read that fact from you. Kudos!

Ever since you were born, have you seen or heard anywhere Igbos are on rampage, killing people and destroying means of livelihoods for no just cause?

Have any prominent Igbo personality insulted or maligned your father or tribe?

Before 2015 general elections certain persons like FFK, Fayose, Fashola, Tinubu, Lai, El Rufai, Junaid Mohammed, Obj and Sahara Reporters made careless utterances thereby heating up the polity. Is any of them Igbo? Did you and your folks ever countered them?

During the build up to the general elections, did you condemn the highly inciting Radio Chanji in the North?

During the June 12, 1993 saga, Radio Kudirat was hitting the airwaves and inciting the public, did any of your elites dared express their disapproval?

But while at it, have you and your elites ever countered the hate messages being preached in various mosques and the unconscionable, cold-hearted waste of human lives and reckless destruction of means of livelihoods that have been going on for decades in the North and the Middle-belt?

If your answer is in the negative it shows that you've only survived and flourished at the expense of others by virtue of the injustice, inequity and lopsided arrangement in the polity coupled with your cowardly and slavish mentality and reasoning...
Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by tevinsolt: 2:43am On Oct 06, 2015
xtrorse:

Nice to read that fact from you. Kudos!

Ever since you were born, have you seen or heard anywhere Igbos are on rampage, killing people and destroying means of livelihoods for no just cause?

Have any prominent Igbo personality insulted or maligned your father or tribe?

Before 2015 general elections certain persons like FFK, Fayose, Fashola, Tinubu, Lai, El Rufai, Junaid Mohammed, Obj and Sahara Reporters made careless utterances thereby heating up the polity. Is any of them Igbo? Did you and your folks ever countered them?

During the build up to the general elections, did you condemn the highly inciting Radio Chanji in the North?

During the June 12, 1993 saga, Radio Kudirat was hitting the airwaves and inciting the public, did any of your elites dared express their disapproval?

But while at it, have you and your elites ever countered the hate messages being preached in various mosques and the unconscionable, cold-hearted waste of human lives and reckless destruction of means of livelihoods that have been going on for decades in the North and the Middle-belt?

If your answer is in the negative it shows that you've only survived and flourished at the expense of others by virtue of the injustice, inequity and lopsided arrangement in the polity coupled with your cowardly and slavish mentality and reasoning...

You don't go on killing sprees because you're at a disadvantage if it ever should happen, there are more of your people in other parts of the country than vice versa, If your group was in a position to subdue other groups they would surely take it.
Although Igbos do not have a history of physical violence towards Yoruba people but they are verbally spiteful and hatemongers, these can arguably be said to have been the precursor to Nigeria's history as we know it.
But I like how u said I have "flourished and survived on injustice,"...fvck yeah, Jobs are easy to find here in the southwest, the education is world class, infrastructures are first world standards, health care is superb, income per capita is second to non on the Continent.... While I enjoy these "amazing benefits" according to you I'm also a coward with a slavish mentality, and there's no other reason than being born and raised in the Yoruba culture. Lol

But like I said the great Biafra awaits you and your people.

2 Likes

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by AlPeter: 4:03am On Oct 06, 2015
obum88:
I am a full blooded Igbo but that is not injustice it shows superiority.

big Hugs Bro, this is the mentality that made the Chinese what they are today. Academically the North can't stand any other region! Fact. Think some folks need to Google the origin of the popular American song 'yankee doodle'.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by AlPeter: 4:21am On Oct 06, 2015
TIMEISWISDOM:
you made sense only to the gullible, unpatriotic or tribalists.
I thought we are all born equal?
These are mere children for Christ sake!

yes they are! And the school's a Unity school every state is given a chance to benefit. Each state has it's quota simple! Stop this victim mentality

1 Like

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by Nobody: 5:52am On Oct 06, 2015
warrior01:
Why target Igbos? This shows Igbos are far ahead others academically in this country but when it comes to appointments they are sidelined. Shame on Nigeria
That is one of the reasons why Nigeria can never ever progress not to talk of being civilized. imagine appointing a buffoon that scored 7 over somebody that scored 66 is that not stupidity that's why Nigeria is called zoo by some people anyway.

1 Like

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by Nobody: 6:00am On Oct 06, 2015
meccuno:
will it take 100 years before they start participating in education? They don't like education but they want to rule in perpetuity

Quota System or Affirmative Action is very common in countries with federal structures, India, USA, and so on.
It is not only Education that is involved: It is also used for Female Empowerment where a particular number of slot is apportioned to women irrespective of their standing with their male counterparts.
The system is not perfect and has its shortcomings, I totally agree to the fact that, Igbo people are affected, All the southern states are affected as well.

Unfortunately all the arguments against this point seem to always divert to ministerial appointments.
Another thread can be created for that!

1 Like

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by melzabull(f): 6:23am On Oct 06, 2015
CSTR2:
I am not someone you can bullshitt your way through.
Nigeria is a nation of tribes. There are always different interests playing.
Even your national leaders are often tribal. The most de-tribalized Nigerian knows when to play the ethnic card. It is a matter of survival.
I have gone through your posts, there is no semblance of igboness in it.
I have never seen you defend igbo interests even when it is the right thing to do.
You are either an imposter or not very smart.
Honestly this is what irks me so much about that guy obailala. He is igbo but 99% of his comments are anti-igbo, even when obvious Inustice is being done. I have never seen this sort of self-hate In my life

@bolded, he is rather the not very smart and foolish ones too who will rather join other tribes to insult Igbos. I have told him before that he is making so much effort at being more Nigerian than the N in naira, whereas this is the same annoying guy that has never challenged any anti-igbo or pro-yoruba comment despite all the tribal slurs against Igbo on this forum.

He and Joe Igbokwe are on same pedestal, fools that you all never see defend their tribe even in the face of obvious persecution but will rather join others to disparage Igbos.

#spits

1 Like

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by melzabull(f): 6:35am On Oct 06, 2015
badnature:
expect the awusa/fulani slaves (yolooba) to come and defend the action of their masters.the never see anything wrong in anything,provided that thing is against igbo people
ABSOLUTELY!
Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by shizzy7(f): 7:12am On Oct 06, 2015
xtrorse:

Hold it there! Enough of your diatribe and false accusation!

Since the sojourn of this country which tribes have continually displayed sectionalism and tribalism in national affairs?

Which tribes have used every available media outfit at their disposal to malign and paint other people black just to get undue political advantages?

Over the course of Nigeria's political life whose leaders and elites have used the media to fabricate and spread lies, falsehood and propaganda, which have fuelled the heating up of the polity?

Is it fair to place Quota System as priority in merit-related issues than in political appointments?

Is it fair that SW personalities were amongst the 40 important political appointments made so far by the PMB administration without any consideration for the SE?

Is it fair that when it comes to revenue sharing you remind me that it shall be based on the number of the disproportionately acquired, numerous LGAs, which in your sparsely populated parasitic State is 10 times bigger in land mass than my densely populated State?

Do well to provide the necessary answers to see if your last statement holds any water and for a robust discourse.
What is the thread about
I am talking about EDUCATION, you're talking POLITICS..
I can't believe you're even Comparing the level of education in the South to that of the North.....

Please stop mixing things up here, education and Politics are 2 different things and I have DIFFERENT views towards them..

If UNESCO says 10.5million children are out of school in Nigeria, they're referring to the north..
**And its not even about the Northern ELITES/POLITICIANS but about the Mentality of an average northern man towards education.....
**I lived in 3diff states in the north,,..They have basic amenities like every other states for education but they simply don't have any intention to go or when they get to a certain level, they stop.....
***Even with the 7% for female students from sokoto the Op is emphasizing on,, I bet my tongue they will be very few from that state that will go..Wish I can check their admitted students from each state..

If its politics you want to talk about, you can refer me to any other thread about Nigeria politics and tribal INequality and I'll discuss it out with you..

@the bolded, So you now automatically believe OR think that I'm from the North,,NO, I'm from Nigeria...

3 Likes

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by shizzy7(f): 7:21am On Oct 06, 2015
AlPeter:

yes they are! And the school's a Unity school every state is given a chance to benefit. Each state has it's quota simple! Stop this victim mentality
What is this unity school? Is it not like any other federal or state school??
What is special about the school?
Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by Nobody: 7:31am On Oct 06, 2015
shizzy7:
What is this unity school? Is it not like any other federal or state school??
What is special about the school?

Obviously you never attended one. And no, it's not like any other school.

1 Like

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by victorD3: 7:33am On Oct 06, 2015
I'm impressed the way States like Akwa-ibom are so moving fast ahead accademically even above Rivers state and Oyo. You used to see this people as house helps but statistics have now shown that it was poverty but their taste for education is far way beyond
Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by shizzy7(f): 7:36am On Oct 06, 2015
gbemtrol:

Obviously you never attended one. And no, it's not like any other school.
So why and how is it different or special?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Magu's Sack: Court Adjourns Suit, As Lawyer Cries Out To The Court- Newtelegraph / Man Prays At The Tombs Of Yar'adua, His Father, And Brother / Senate probes DSS court invasion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.