Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,965 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:46 AM

Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released (20825 Views)

Quit Notice Against Igbos Is Real And Stands, Ex-presidential Aid, Okupe Warns / United Nation Reacts To Arewa Group’s Threat Against Igbos / Why Buhari Didn’t Appoint Igbos As Service Chiefs — Oyegun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by tonychristopher: 7:36am On Oct 06, 2015
melzabull:
Honestly this is what irks me so much about that guy obailala. He is igbo but 99% of his comments are anti-igbo, even when obvious Inustice is being done. I have never seen this sort of self-hate In my life

@bolded, he is rather the not very smart and foolish ones too who will rather join other tribes to insult Igbos. I have told him before that he is making so much effort at being more Nigerian than the N in naira, whereas this is the same annoying guy that has never challenged any anti-igbo or pro-yoruba comment despite all the tribal slurs against Igbo on this forum.

He and Joe Igbokwe are on same pedestal, fools that you all never see defend their tribe even in the face of obvious persecution but will rather join others to disparage Igbos.

#spits

One lesson you will know in nairaland is that not all that claim that they are Igbo are real Igbo

I have seen a lot of impostors and believe me when I tell you this

So don't worry about it.
Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by melzabull(f): 7:41am On Oct 06, 2015
tonychristopher:

One lesson you will know in nairaland is that not all that claim that they are Igbo are real Igbo

I have seen a lot of impostors and believe me when I tell you this

So don't worry about it.

He is Igbo. I have been following his comments for a long while. I know an impostor when I see one and i know his type. Thanks smiley
Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by tonychristopher: 7:44am On Oct 06, 2015
melzabull:
He is Igbo. I have been following his comments for a long while. I know an impostor when I see one and i know his type. Thanks smiley

My signature is specifically made for his type

Read it
Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by melzabull(f): 7:47am On Oct 06, 2015
tonychristopher:

My signature is specifically made for his type

Read it
hahaaha...Absolutely cheesy
Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by Nobody: 7:47am On Oct 06, 2015
tevinsolt:

You don't go on killing sprees because you're at a disadvantage if it ever should happen, there are more of your people in other parts of the country than vice versa, If your group was in a position to subdue other groups they would surely take it.
Although Igbos do not have a history of physical violence towards Yoruba people but they are verbally spiteful and hatemongers, these can arguably be said to have been the precursor to Nigeria's history as we know it.
But I like how u said I have "flourished and survived on injustice,"...fvck yeah, Jobs are easy to find here in the southwest, the education is world class, infrastructures are first world standards, health care is superb, income per capita is second to non on the Continent.... While I enjoying these "amazing benefits" according to you I'm also a coward with a slavish mentality, and there's no other reason than being born and raised in the Yoruba culture. Lol

But like I said the great Biafra awaits you and your people.

You should have tried answering the important questions I posed to you.

Igbos are not like Yorubas who are very verbal, bile-filled, hateful, greedy and envious and have the habit of using touts and political thugs to harass, maim, loot and destroy the means of livelihoods of lawful citizens in Lagos.

Recall that immediately after Nigeria's independence in 1960 the South-West region began to boil and heat up the polity with 'Operation Wetie' resulting great arson and mass murder till the Army boys struck and the rest is history.

Remember, the famous paper delivered by Sanusi Lamido Sanusi where he stated unequivocally that "YORUBAS ARE THE PROBLEM WITH NIGERIA"! It's to falsely accuse the peace-loving and industrious Igbo people. Consult Google and gain more insight about your people.

One thing is certain that Yoruba tribe takes pride in lies, falsehood, noise-making, propaganda, abuse and slurs. You can't explain that away!

You had pretended as if you're not in the know of the numerous threats and accusations of your Yoruba tribe against the Great Igbo Nation for dare seeking self-determination.

Recently, your folks instead of confronting their Fulani masters chose to cowardly put the blame of Falae's abduction on Igbos. It's really a pity Igbos have shared a country with unrepentant and mischievous hypocrites.

No one has the monopoly of violence. That Igbos are many in Lagos is a great advantage to the Igbos no matter the Yoruba States around Lagos.

So you can feign ignorance of the very obvious in the polity as you like. But the atrocious deeds of your forbears has great repercussions. It's a matter of time!

I wish you and your people well in your OduaArewanistan republic.
Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by Nobody: 7:49am On Oct 06, 2015
shizzy7:
So why and how is it different or special?

Unity schools came into being after the civil war and the objective was to foster unity by making people (young children) to learn about the cultures of other regions. The purpose was to capture the hearts of these young people before they develop a mindset about other cultures. It's an opportunity for first hand experience of different cultures.

Now, whether the Unity schools have lived up to expectations or are living up to expectation is another debate.
I attended a unity school and proud to say I have friends from all over Nigeria, which has enabled me to see issues differently. Yes, there are very strange beliefs and customs in Nigeria, some don't even make sense, and we are very diverse. These schools try to encourage learning other people's ways.

If 5000 Igbo children want 100 slot that has been given to them, it means the cut off mark has to be high enough to get the best.

If 50 Northerners want 100 slot that has been given to them, it means the cut off mark has to be lowered to encourage many of them to attend the school.

2 Likes

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by tonychristopher: 7:54am On Oct 06, 2015
melzabull:
hahaaha...Absolutely cheesy

That's it
Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by meccuno: 7:55am On Oct 06, 2015
gbemtrol:

Quota System or Affirmative Action is very common in countries with federal structures, India, USA, and so on.
It is not only Education that is involved: It is also used for Female Empowerment where a particular number of slot is apportioned to women irrespective of their standing with their male counterparts.
The system is not perfect and has its shortcomings, I totally agree to the fact that, Igbo people are affected, All the southern states are affected as well.

Unfortunately all the arguments against this point seem to always divert to ministerial appointments.
Another thread can be created for that!
oga, I understand what u are driving @......but this quota system is not education........the North controls ALL federal parastatal not through merit but by these quota system.......it is anti progress........are we going to be waiting for the North by pacifying them to do what's right by going to school?? Its these kid of things that make me believe that Nigeria would never see progress......NO country survives on these faulty foundations.....please......and the US is not a good example......they will not delibrately lower their standards to the level we do in Nigeria just because some people do not want to go to school......the North have ruled for. More than 40 years and have nnothing to show for it.....Nigeria is doomed
Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by nedu2000(m): 8:00am On Oct 06, 2015
StOla:
Each state is filling its guaranteed quota in a federal education scheme designed for unity. It is not an admission based on academic merit but on compulsory NATIONAL representation.

It is nobody's business what low score or high score you require to fill up your own state quota. The high score only suggest better literacy indices in the South as opposed to the North.
No state is cheating the other, neither will any state yield its quota to another state until there's no candidate from the original state to fill their rightful quota.

The high cut-off score in the South is what internal competition demands to fill up their quota, while the low cut-off score in the North is what the low literacy levels ensure would fill up their own quota also.

Anyone who has no space to fill in their state quota can always try the myriad of state owned public schools or private school.

Lastly, what has the released marks got to do with a specific targeting of Igbos? You guys should please shut the hell up.

Enough of this unnecessary misinformation.
two boys living in the same area in Lagos,attended the same primary school and exposed to the same environmental and educational conditions,wrote common entrance...one got 10marks the other got 100marks but the former 'cause he's form sokoto got admitted into a unity school!!pls how do you make sense in that?
You don't have to live in sokoto and be exposed to the low educational levels there to benefit,an imbecilic northerner for example who schooled in british academy still gets these 'benefits'
Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by meccuno: 8:04am On Oct 06, 2015
gbemtrol:

Unity schools came into being after the civil war and the objective was to foster unity by making people (young children) to learn about the cultures of other regions. The purpose was to capture the hearts of these young people before they develop a mindset about other cultures. It's an opportunity for first hand experience of different cultures.

Now, whether the Unity schools have lived up to expectations or are living up to expectation is another debate.
I attended a unity school and proud to say I have friends from all over Nigeria, which has enabled me to see issues differently. Yes, there are very strange beliefs and customs in Nigeria, some don't even make sense, and we are very diverse. These schools try to encourage learning other people's ways.

If 5000 Igbo children want 100 slot that has been given to them, it means the cut off mark has to be high enough to get the best.

If 50 Northerners want 100 slot that has been given to them, it means the cut off mark has to be lowered to encourage many of them to attend the school.
so the Northerners are like the Indians in The US? Endangered Species that need to be pampered for 3000 years before their brain sets?? Well am not surprised.......this stunts growth......I lost any iota of hope in Nigeria long time ago......and threads like these only solidifies my belief.............Nigeria thrives On Injustice and we are heading no where but the desert......No future........how can a people be pampared just because u want unity by lowering standards? I thoughÞ they were a majority ethnic group......the truth is the North will never value education so no need wasting our time
Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by nedu2000(m): 8:08am On Oct 06, 2015
dammytosh:
Carry your Igbo Sister go Sokoto go school.

Funny guy.

Na real in justice.
even if he does,state of origin will still read 'anambra'.but a northerner who schooled in british academy,lagos will still benefit from the quota system when he intends writing JAMB
Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by omonnakoda: 8:12am On Oct 06, 2015
meccuno:
oga, I understand what u are driving @......but this quota system is not education........the North controls ALL federal parastatal not through merit but by these quota system.......it is anti progress........are we going to be waiting for the North by pacifying them to do what's right by going to school?? Its these kid of things that make me believe that Nigeria would never see progress......NO country survives on these faulty foundations.....please......and the US is not a good example......they will not delibrately lower their standards to the level we do in Nigeria just because some people do not want to go to school......the North have ruled for. More than 40 years and have nnothing to show for it.....Nigeria is doomed

This is not a quota system. It is for VERY SPECIFIC SCHOOLS set up for ONE PURPOSE and ONE PURPOSE only and that i why they are present in EVERY STATE.

They represent less than 1% of 1% of 1% of our secondary school education provision. The Ethos of those schools which was set up after the war was to facilitate access of young Nigerians during their formative years to the diversity of the country so people get to learn about each other early and hopefully that would prevent wars in the future. Right or wrong that is the basis. Otherwise the Federal Government has no business providing secondary school education.
Here is a corollary .

Mr A and Mr B go into business investing 50:50 and do very well. The government says if you set aside 10% of your profit into an education fund for your children's university education we will not tax it but otherwise you pay 50% tax.
Fast forward 20 years later Mr A 's children are ready to go to university but Mr B has no children(or his children are not bright enough)
Should they share the fund 50:50 or should it be based on merit since Mr B either has no children or his children are not very bright.

That is the principle here.
If the FG was responsible for secondary education across the country then we would argue for merit but to make such an argument for a school that was set up with Federal money ( Which should be shared across states equitably) is just pure selfishness

The low scores on their own tell us nothing.An inquiring mind would ask how many people actually take the exams in those low scoring states compared to those eligible to take them

1 Like

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by Nobody: 8:19am On Oct 06, 2015
chuna1985:

After 55 years of stupidity via low cut off Mark's, illiteracy in d north is still soaring high...wtf

good, so just imagine if the low cut off wasn't there.
Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by MightySparrow: 8:20am On Oct 06, 2015
StOla:
Each state is filling its guaranteed quota in a federal education scheme designed for unity. It is not an admission based on academic merit but on compulsory NATIONAL representation.

It is nobody's business what low score or high score you require to fill up your own state quota. The high score only suggest better literacy indices in the South as opposed to the North.
No state is cheating the other, neither will any state yield its quota to another state until there's no candidate from the original state to fill their rightful quota.

The high cut-off score in the South is what internal competition demands to fill up their quota, while the low cut-off score in the North is what the low literacy levels ensure would fill up their own quota also.

Anyone who has no space to fill in their state quota can always try the myriad of state owned public schools or private school.

Lastly, what has the released marks got to do with a specific targeting of Igbos? You guys should please shut the hell up.

Enough of this unnecessary misinformation.

THANKS for enlightenment..THESE Alaba trained Igbos are. illiterates. WHY are they always crying. FOUL? If you are so rich and want to be independent why not start building your own school to spite the rest in the zoo?

1 Like

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by cheruv: 8:28am On Oct 06, 2015
nedu2000:
The problem is that igbos are progressing too fast,so we have to show down so that the rest of Nigeria can catchup
Slow gini
Tomorrow you'd come and tell one Nigeria!
Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by Nobody: 8:29am On Oct 06, 2015
shizzy7:
What is the thread about
I am talking about EDUCATION, you're talking POLITICS..
I can't believe you're even Comparing the level of education in the South to that of the North.....

Please stop mixing things up here, education and Politics are 2 different things and I have DIFFERENT views towards them..

If UNESCO says 25 million children are out of school in Nigeria, they're referring to the north..
**And its not even about the Northern ELITES/POLITICIANS but about the Mentality of an average northern man towards education.....
**I lived in 3diff states in the north,,..They have basic amenities like every other states for education but they simply don't have any intention to go or when they get to a certain level, they stop.....
***Even with the 7% for female students from sokoto the Op is emphasizing on,, I bet my tongue they will be very few from that state that will go..Wish I can check their admitted students from each state..

If its politics you want to talk about, you can refer me to any other thread about Nigeria politics and tribal INequality and I'll discuss it out with you..

@the bolded, So you now automatically believe OR think that I'm from the North,,NO, I'm from Nigeria...

Did you miss your way? This is politics section!
None of my statements gave any hint that you're a Northerner!

If you think the topic under discourse isn't political why use sectionalism and tribalism against Igbos as if you don't know the tribes that are notorious practitioners of the two evils.

You can choose to explain away the priority given to Quota System in merit-related issues than in political appointments where it's most needed. It's your choice.
Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by Nobody: 9:21am On Oct 06, 2015
Is it that the majority of igbos on this politics section have a weak mind or are just jesters looking to cause trouble?

1 Like

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by mapet: 9:25am On Oct 06, 2015
xtrorse:

Hey, hold it there before you spill more trash... At this age you should be in the know that SW has the highest illiterates in the South of Nigeria despite the over-hyped Awo's free education and Yorubas' much taunted 'sophistication'.

Google will unravel some truths to you. Just follow the steps hereafter and search for:

1* the States/region in Nigeria with the highest enrolment rates into the universities in Nigeria

2* the States with the highest JAMB cut-off marks for universities across Nigeria

3* the States/region with the least out of school children in Nigeria

4* the States/region that are required to have very high score for admission into the Unity Schools in Nigeria in the last decade

5* the State with the highest number of professors in Nigeria

6* the region with the best MDGs attainment

If you don't find your Yoruba tribe leading in any of the 6 categories it then means your ranting is senseless, and as far as the Igbos are concerned you remain a piss in the wind!

Ignorance indeed is a disease and an educated illiterate is even worse off.

Well It's unfortunate that I have to deal with another bigot.......

Bros,

1. The issue is not about Igbo vs Other tribes, except you want to make it so.
2. I do not think it is sane to encourage needless bigotry. If some Igbos want to claim superiority of everything......they should please themselves......
3. But it is wrong to misrepresent facts and claims Igbos are marginalised. This classic case of quota system is one clear example
4. Quota systems was introduced to allow for a balance in access to a Federal asset (Unity Schools). It is only logical that since there are limited spaces, each state will be alloted numbers. So for example, if Enugu has 500 slots, Jigawa too will have 500 slots. Enugu CANNOT overfill their slots are take some of Jigawa slots. Quota system is simply a benchmark that says, we can effectively fill Enugu's slot if we set the cut-off mark to 65, most likely judging from students performance in Enugu, about 500 students (or a little less) will score 65 and above. Likewise can we effectively fill the Jigawa slot, as judging from students performance in Jigawa that about 500 of their students will cross the 17 benchmark score.
5. It is only fair that these slots are distributed evenly across all states.
6. Cut-off marks are not the real scores. They are benchmarks. 25 students from Zamfara (scoreing over 85%)could be among the top 50 best students, yet Zamfara can still have a cut-off mark of 9.

Now to the fools that sees everything as bragging rights (I lump you all together), this is the simple logic all your wasted education can simply not comprehend.

2 Likes

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by mapet: 9:31am On Oct 06, 2015
Scholes007:
so what you mean is that every northern candidate should be admitted because they have low/under enrollment or simply put the quota system is for the advantage of the north...||(that makes the OP right in his claim about injustice againist some region in favour of other regions)
so you accept that the current system of government is fraudulently structured? Anyway am not ready to talk about the country called Nigeria
nice

1. Comprehension deficit
2. Where did I say every nothern candidate should be admitted? and where did I say quota system is advantage to the North?
3. This is how we continue to spread falsehood just to satisfy our whimps.

Bros, It will seem I need to keep breaking it down for the likes of you, I don't know how far this should go

1. Each northern states should rightly fill their deserved and allocated slots. No state should be short-changed, either east, west, south-south or north
2. Quota system is an advantage to all. It's simply an avenue to make federal government investment in Unity schools accessible across all states EQUITABLY.
3. I never said our current system of government is fraudulent, that's coming from you.......it's not in the context of this debate as far as I'm concerned

2 Likes

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by mapet: 9:33am On Oct 06, 2015
NoMoreTrolling:

another duunce spotted undecided

do we now see how Nigeria is churning out duunces, seemingly on a per second basis

men, even as I'm driving, nigggahs can't even understand how to turn at roundabouts here in Lagos, as soon as they get to the roundabout, they just go full on duunce mode with erratic lane switching and other duunce moves... which way Nigeria

a quota system should apply when students of different ethnic groups have similar scores, not a system that implies that some people are inferior or superior to others

men!!! in the words of yuzedo, "i giv up" undecided

which way naija

You see all this your gutter slurry speeches, simply tells me you're yet to make it to an entry level of intelligence. I cannot see at what stage I can engage you

1 Like

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by mapet: 9:35am On Oct 06, 2015
chuna1985:

BUT when 40 appointments are shared in Nigeria, igbos get none and the Yoruba n Hausa claim "most qualified"

Bros,

This is not about politics and let's separate politics from education. It is not about appointment. It is about education for our children regardless of where they are from.

What if you become the education minister today, will support education of the northern children?

1 Like

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by mapet: 9:36am On Oct 06, 2015
TruthisGOD:
I was thinking that you will say something very important to add up or buttress the points he already made but you ended up spiting and insulting people. Next time come up with a superior reasoning not insults and tantrums. Better still don't comment if you don't have any reasonable thing to offer.

.....and who are you.....a despicable insect, I would imagine

1 Like

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by mapet: 9:47am On Oct 06, 2015
MightySparrow:

THANKS for enlightenment..THESE Alaba trained Igbos are. illiterates. WHY are they always crying. FOUL? If you are so rich and want to be independent why not start building your own school to spite the rest in the zoo?

...bunch of illiterates, filled with hate. Meanwhile these are people that did not even attempt common entrance in their days, talkless of passing it. Those of us that went to FGCs had related with people from East, West and North and we've grown up having smart friend from all parts of the country. Yet it's the "markate" sellers with limited exposure to school and with comprehension deficit and shout the most...

2 Likes

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by Nobody: 9:48am On Oct 06, 2015
mapet:

Well It's unfortunate that I have to deal with another bigot.......

Bros,

1. The issue is not about Igbo vs Other tribes, except you want to make it so.
2. I do not think it is sane to encourage needless bigotry. If some Igbos want to claim superiority of everything......they should please themselves......
3. But it is wrong to misrepresent facts and claims Igbos are marginalised. This classic case of quota system is one clear example
4. Quota systems was introduced to allow for a balance in access to a Federal asset (Unity Schools). It is only logical that since there are limited spaces, each state will be alloted numbers. So for example, if Enugu has 500 slots, Jigawa too will have 500 slots. Enugu CANNOT overfill their slots are take some of Jigawa slots. Quota system is simply a benchmark that says, we can effectively fill Enugu's slot if we set the cut-off mark to 65, most likely judging from students performance in Enugu, about 500 students (or a little less) will score 65 and above. Likewise can we effectively fill the Jigawa slot, as judging from students performance in Jigawa that about 500 of their students will cross the 17 benchmark score.
5. It is only fair that these slots are distributed evenly across all states.
6. Cut-off marks are not the real scores. They are benchmarks. 25 students from Zamfara (scoreing over 85%)could be among the top 50 best students, yet Zamfara can still have a cut-off mark of 9.

Now to the fools that sees everything as bragging rights (I lump you all together), this is the simple logic all your wasted education can simply not comprehend.

This is for the bile-filled, hateful, greedy, tribalistic, mischievous and hypocritical bigots:

NoMoreTrolling:

it seems you are plugged in, so you are not grasping what the theme of this thread is, what the implications are and what the rectification should be undecided how am I supposed to get through to you when you are so steadfast in your belief in mediocrity

nonetheless, i'm still gonna try

we are arguing, not based on the technicalities and implementation of the quota system, but based on the rationale behind it

let me state an example for you in practical terms. when i was in ss3, we had a junior student in ss2 then that couldn't do simple multiplication. like he couldn't do 4 * 4 and so on and I and my friends wondered how he kept rising through school with failed class reports. being much younger then, we probably just laughed it off as we had more pressing school issues to think about like light, water... however, now it does sink in a bit.

i ask you, would a student who scored 7 be learning the same material as the one who scored 60

would the material be dropped down to the level of the "7" student, or brought up to the level of the "60" student

if it's brought down to the level of the "7" student, then the "60" student would have wasted a great potential in that school and if it is brought up to the "60" student level, then how would the "7" student compete

do you now see how delirious the current system is

here you are giving me numbers and statistics of how the current bad implementation of the quota system is being carried out and you expect that to serve as some sort of justification you even mention about a state not being cheated! that's how far down the rabbit hole you've sunk.

you need to first unplug dude

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by Deltagiant: 9:53am On Oct 06, 2015
StOla:

Let me give you a final education as I do not want to be tied up with Igbos who are determined to whine about other people's property, while trying to appear as a victim of injustice.

If the North picks up overnight and start scoring high in these entry exams, their cut off mark will be as high as Lagos or Anambra or Delta, but the number of Northerners admitted would still be the same because they are only filling their guaranteed quota without taking away what belongs to another.

If Anambra state or Abia state suddenly starts scoring low, by extension their cut off mark could fall as low as 20, but they will still fill up their guaranteed quota with that low mark, without any state taking what belongs to them.

Is this very plain principle of quota too complex for the educated Igbo to grasp?

@ the bolded, so, it didn't occur to you that a graduate of the low cut-off mark would eventually position him/herself for a job position that does not intellectually "belong" to him/her? Mundane Nigerian logic.

1 Like

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by wirinet(m): 9:59am On Oct 06, 2015
xtrorse:

See a bloody hypocrite whose ethnic group have only survived by being stooges and weak-minded fellows, and are gullibly satisfied with the few crumbs their slave masters throw at them while they loot the oil wealth to better their own region, religion and elites!

Since you produce more than 50% of the crude oil revenue why are your folks rattled and agitated that some other tribe that produce less than 5% seek self-determination?

I don't blame you I blame this forced union under which you had the guts to rant carelessly and senselessly against the Great Igbo Nation.

A greedy and backstabbing Itsekiri man who cannot stand on his own, stands for nothing! Little wonder Ijaw people remain your nemesis!

It pains me greatly to reply ethnic bigots - dumb ones at that, but it is an obligation to put you where you belong.

Who are or were slavemasters and who are slaves in Nigeria. The itsekiris had never been slaves to anybody, you would not find itsekiri slave descendants in the Americas or Europe. That designation belongs to your people.

We know our worth in Nigeria, nobody can ignore the Itsekiris and Ijaws in Nigeria and even the international community. What has kept us from achieving our full potential is inter and intra ethnic squabbles. The day the Itsekiris, the Ijaws, the Urhobos and the Isokos come together to pursue a common agenda, nothing can resist us. We are not given to chest beating and playing the victim card.
What concerns us with your quest for self determination? whether you have your Biafra or not, how are we affected? In fact it would be beneficial as Warri would be decongested of your people. How many Itsekiris, Ijaws and Urhobos will you find in Igboland. Please start a proper and legal process of Secession, you have my vote.

Why is it only the 104 unity secondary schools that you are obsessed with? why are you not quarrelling with the quota system criteria in admissions into NDA, Immigration, customs and other federal government parastatals? You think without quota system Igbos would gain admission into the military?
Thank God for Obasanjo that made sure quota system was observed in admission into NDA. Before that time Nigeria's military was largely dominated by northerners with very few Igbo officers.

As i said, Federal Secondary Schools is not a do or die affair for Igbos.

1 Like

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by Nobody: 10:00am On Oct 06, 2015
mapet:

Bros,

This is not about politics and let's separate politics from education. It is not about appointment. It is about education for our children regardless of where they are from.

What if you become the education minister today, will support education of the northern children?

I will support education of northern children by increasing their standards with high cut off Mark's thus helping dem to compete better . For over 50 years, they have had this low cut off and let's be sincere, It has not helped them improve in any way . The northern elites also have a role to help motivate their children on the importance of schooling.

Please don't bring sentiments into this, the north is incapable of going to skol n yet wen political positions are chosen, they become most qualified.
Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by shizzy7(f): 10:03am On Oct 06, 2015
xtrorse:

Did you miss your way? This is politics section!
None of my statements gave any hint that you're a Northerner

If you think the topic under discourse isn't political why use sectionalism and tribalism against Igbos as if you don't know the tribes that are notorious practitioners of the two evils

You can choose to explain away the priority given to Quota System in merit-related issues than in political appointments where it's most needed. It's your choice.
I asked what is this THREAD talking about.
NOT what is this SECTION of NL talking about
so I didn't miss my way..

@ the bolded why does the topic read "Injustice Against Igbos" when Yoruba and SS states are equally as High as those of the Igbos..~~ 'cos you're talking about me using sectional and tribalism against Igbo when the topic itself begats Sectionalism &tribalism...

The Cutoff marks was not chosen by an individual BUT by a committee in which I think every tribe will have a representative and Come to a consensus....Even the northern states are not equal so different issues/factors must have been put into Consideration..since some northern states are improving.....

Kaduna is 52, Sokoto is 15,,, they are from the same north but they are no longer on the same level even though kaduna is not as high as those of the South but they've improved and will soon compete with others

NB: This is not about adults-tribes-politics BUT about Children and their mentality,their upbringing,, the social vices and norms they're used to,,the society and beliefs in which they're embedded in

@sentence in italitcs,, go back and read your other post and be truthful to yourself... its not like it matters..

1 Like

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by Nobody: 10:05am On Oct 06, 2015
Ioannes:

good, so just imagine if the low cut off wasn't there.

If low cut off wasn't there, the north will fair better educationally
Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by TruthisGOD: 10:13am On Oct 06, 2015
mapet:

.....and who are you.....a despicable insect, I would imagine
Am only here to learn not haulin insult on ppl. Your type keeps on typing without learning anything. That dude you quoted was making some valid points and i learnt from him. People like you only insult, nobody learns from you.
Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by Nobody: 10:13am On Oct 06, 2015
chuna1985:

I will support education of northern children by increasing their standards with high cut off Mark's thus helping dem to compete better . For over 50 years, they have had this low cut off and let's be sincere, It has not helped them improve in any way . The northern elites also have a role to help motivate their children on the importance of schooling.

Please don't bring sentiments into this, the north is incapable of going to skol n yet wen political positions are chosen, they become most qualified.

The only thing you'd achieve with that is empty classrooms! They would have the perfect excuse not to go to school and one fanatic in one corner would start telling them nonsense and the next thing is that they will wear a suicide bomb vest and blow you up!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by Nobody: 10:14am On Oct 06, 2015
wirinet:

It pains me greatly to reply ethnic bigots - dumb ones at that, but it is an obligation to put you where you belong.

Who are or were slavemasters and who are slaves in Nigeria. The itsekiris had never been slaves to anybody, you would not find itsekiri slave descendants in the Americas or Europe. That designation belongs to your people.

We know our worth in Nigeria, nobody can ignore the Itsekiris and Ijaws in Nigeria and even the international community. What has kept us from achieving our full potential is inter and intra ethnic squabbles. The day the Itsekiris, the Ijaws, the Urhobos and the Isokos come together to pursue a common agenda, nothing can resist us. We are not given to chest beating and playing the victim card.
What concerns us with your quest for self determination? whether you have your Biafra or not, how are we affected? In fact it would be beneficial as Warri would be decongested of your people. How many Itsekiris, Ijaws and Urhobos will you find in Igboland. Please start a proper and legal process of Secession, you have my vote.

Why is it only the 104 unity secondary schools that you are obsessed with? why are you not quarrelling with the quota system criteria in admissions into NDA, Immigration, customs and other federal government parastatals? You think without quota system Igbos would gain admission into the military?
Thank God for Obasanjo that made sure quota system was observed in admission into NDA. Before that time Nigeria's military was largely dominated by northerners with very few Igbo officers.

As i said, Federal Secondary Schools is not a do or die affair for Igbos.

You've used too much words to massage the silly ego of your bile-filled, hateful, greedy, cunning and occultic creatures who are notorious in fishing in troubled waters only to end up being fished!

If your Itsekiri tribe is worth your silly rants you wouldn't bother lumping yourself with some other people. In the Nigeria of today the arrogant, greedy and backstabbing Itsekiri are no force to reckon with. Itsekiri people have proven over time to stand for nothing unlike their closest ethnic group in Delta State.

Tell your disgruntled folks to cease maligning Igbos on IPOB issues. Igbos are not your mates! In fact it's an insult on the Great Igbo Nation for the human resources in one LGA in Igboland to be compared to Itsekiri people!

Igbos are not interested in parasites, backstabbers, traitors or genocide conspirators. The Igbo struggle is strictly for hard-working achievers and goal-getters, and not for lazy cowards who have only survived by being stooges and weak-minded fellows, and are gullibly satisfied with the few crumbs their slave masters throw at them while the slave masters continue to enslave, plunder and rape the commonwealth and resources to better their own region, religion and elites!

There's oil in Anambra, Abia, Enugu and Imo. The whole of Enugu and Anambra States are sitting on Gas deposits; Coal at Enugu, Lime stone for cement in Abakaliki; rice in Ebonyi State, Abia State - highest producer of cocoa; West Africa's largest market at Onitsha, Anambra; big markets at Aba, Abia state and Nnewi, Anambra State. 
Even without reliance on crude oil the Igbos have excelled and are more than ever before capable of doing more exploits and competing with World powers! 

Is there any resource or positive virtue you can ever use to brag against The Great Igbo Nation, that should warrant operating on the same pedestal - brawn, brain, beauty, natural and human resources, achievements, personalities, international links, sports, entertainment etc.?

Instead of blowing hot air grow some balls and venture into streets of Warri and prove your worth. This is not a matter of using charms to disfigure your whole body for protection and in the end you end up been whipped silly by a less political group.

It pays to not to be arrogant, greedy, hateful, treacheerous and lousy. Borrow a leaf from the closest ethnic group to you.

Kennyfancy:
am an urhobo boy bt i cn beat my chest that d ijaw ar even accomodating more dan we urhobo, bt d itsekiri,( cunning people) run whn u see them
OfoIgbo:

As it happens, Oyigbo lga and Ogba-Ndoni-Egbema lga are the two largest oil producing LGAs in Nigeria.

Both LGAs are Igbo LGAs in Rivers state, and it is a reality that must be a source of discomfort to Igbo haters.
To make matters worse, Anambra state and Imo state have the largest gas reserves in Nigeria. I believe rat poison may be the major drink this night by our haters grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Osita Chidoka Set To Emerge Pdp’s Anambra Central Senatorial Candidate / NNPC Says Osinbajo Gave Approval For N640 Billion Contract;VP Office Keeps Mum / Edward Onoja Was Arrested By SARS For 'Importing Ak-47' - Politics Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 137
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.