Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,039 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

Help!! I Hate That Am A Goodlooking Guy) - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Help!! I Hate That Am A Goodlooking Guy) (43638 Views)

... / My Personal Disadvantage Of Being Goodlooking / Whats The Real Advantage Of Being A Goodlooking Guy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help!! I Hate That Am A Goodlooking Guy) by oluymc(f): 6:36pm On Oct 13, 2015
Building a healthy personality

A personality is a combination of all the small factors that add up to make a person's disposition. Every human has his very own unique personality. The way people react, respond, relate, and retaliate to situations is what makes up their personality.  It is our personality that makes us different from others.
Traits of a healthy personality
When we say someone has a "healthy personality", we mean that they are likable, interesting and pleasant to be with.
A person who is healthy on a mental and psychological level is what makes up for a healthy personality. A healthy personality demands openness and eagerness towards everything in life, old or new. It covers not only new experiences, but new ideas, thoughts, letting go of older conventions and accepting the changing times. Openness also talks about creativeness and a strong imagination. Curiousness is also part of their nature and they are always anxious to gain more knowledge. They do not have preconceived notions about people and have an open mind towards contemporary ideas. They always aim for a higher quality in life and improve upon their own productivity. A healthy personality is generally goal oriented and has a perspective of what he wants in his life. Such personalities are competent and competitive. Also, they are able to judge themselves and others with a clear and analytical mind. This personality is warm and welcoming to new people in his life. Such people are at ease with making new acquaintances and are relaxed while having conversations. They are outgoing and friendly by nature and have a large group of friends. They do not trust people too easily, but they also do not doubt people for no apparent reason. They are generally helpful to others and even strangers. A healthy personality is devoid of any unreasonable and unwanted negative emotions towards others and even oneself. Such people have a positive self-regard and a realistic self-judgment.
How to develop a healthy personality
Having a good personality is an important skill in life. While we can only enhance our looks to a certain extent, we have the ability to improve the personality as much as we want. We can develop or integrate any trait we deem fitting and agreeable. With these simple yet crucial steps, a good, healthy personality can be achieved by anyone.
1.   Be a better listener and a good conversationalist. Look into the eyes, hang on to their every word, and make them feel important. There is nothing more appealing than having someone listen to you intently making you feel like you’re the only person in the world. Have much to contribute in a conversation and learn how to talk about it with others.
2.   Read more and expand your interests. The more you read and cultivate new interests, the more interesting you are to others. When you meet new people it gives you the opportunity to share what you know and to exchange your views with them
3.   Have an opinion. There is nothing more tiresome than trying to talk to someone who has no opinion on anything. A conversation has nowhere to go if you have nothing to expound on. if, however you have an uncommon point of view or differing opinion, you are more interesting and  stimulating to be with socially
4.   Meet new people. Make effort to meet new people especially those unlike you. It not only exposes you to different cultures and alternative ways of doing things, it broadens your horizons.
5.   Be yourself. Molding yourself to fit in or be accepted usually backfires. Since each of us is unique, expressing that uniqueness is what makes us interesting.
6.   Have a positive outlook and attitude. Be the kind of upbeat person who lights up a room with your energy when you enter it. Do it by looking for the best in people and things. smile warmly, spread good cheer, and enliven others with your presence
7.   Be fun and see humourous side of life. Comic relief is a much welcome and needed diversion at times. when you can add fun and lightheartedness to an otherwise dull or gloomy setting, others will naturally be attracted to you,  not to mention grateful.
8.   Be supportive of others.  Being supportive is probably the most endearing quality you can integrate into your personality. Just as you yourself welcome it, be the support for others when they need it.
9.   Have integrity and treat people with respect. The thoughts that we think soon turn into words we say and the actions we take. Having good thoughts about yourself gives you self confidence and self respect. Being honest and true to your word will bring you admiration, respect and gratitude of others.

4 Likes

Re: Help!! I Hate That Am A Goodlooking Guy) by hebenezher(m): 6:58pm On Oct 13, 2015

op deғιnιтιon on нandѕoмe мιgнт вe very deғerenт ғroм тнe norмal...

god! тнe вlacĸ looĸιng ape

ιѕ daмn υgly тo eхтenт oғ ĸeepιng нιѕ ғace down wнιle тaĸιng a ѕelғιe...
angry
Re: Help!! I Hate That Am A Goodlooking Guy) by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 7:03pm On Oct 13, 2015
Elxandre:

Lol.
I have very few friends and even none at the moment, buy that is because I get bored with people at the moment quite easily.
This deluded guy should find out what's wrong with him, instead of blaming his pseudo good looks.
Seriously no guy gets intimidated by a fellow guy's looks, only girls care.
I don't care about a guys goodlooks either, and I don't understand when people say "this dude is so cute" I flow with everyone.
Re: Help!! I Hate That Am A Goodlooking Guy) by Elxandre(m): 7:06pm On Oct 13, 2015
MISSCONGENIALITY:
I don't care about a guys goodlooks either, and I don't understand when people say "this dude is so cute" I flow with everyone.
You are weird smiley
Re: Help!! I Hate That Am A Goodlooking Guy) by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 7:10pm On Oct 13, 2015
Elxandre:

You are weird smiley
how am I wierd? Everyone has he or her own turn on, mine is not goodlooks, goodlooks will be like the 5th possition in my list.
Re: Help!! I Hate That Am A Goodlooking Guy) by Elxandre(m): 7:17pm On Oct 13, 2015
MISSCONGENIALITY:
how am I wierd? Everyone has he or her own turn on, mine is not goodlooks, goodlooks will be like the 5th possition in my list.
So you would gladly marry this man grin

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/ugandas-ugliest-man-becomes-dad-5931177
wink
Re: Help!! I Hate That Am A Goodlooking Guy) by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 7:21pm On Oct 13, 2015
Elxandre:

So you would gladly marry this man grin

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/ugandas-ugliest-man-becomes-dad-5931177
wink
if I'm comfortable with him yes but if I'm not, no. What I'm trying say is, most people think that once they are handsome, they are hot cakes. However, I don't see them that way, I see them like every guy outthere. Nothing special especially when they feel hat looking good makes them better that others.

The man is not ugly, he's deformed, I think so.
Re: Help!! I Hate That Am A Goodlooking Guy) by Nobody: 7:35pm On Oct 13, 2015
Well since you've implied that you are very attracting man i feel like the animosity is just comimg fr intimidated people ... Just communicate with the people more often so that way they can see the real you ... And not just the outside image of you ... wink
Re: Help!! I Hate That Am A Goodlooking Guy) by Elxandre(m): 7:42pm On Oct 13, 2015
MISSCONGENIALITY:
if I'm comfortable with him yes but if I'm not, no. What I'm trying say is, most people think that once they are handsome, they are hot cakes. However, I don't see them that way, I see them like every guy outthere. Nothing special especially when they feel hat looking good makes them better that others.

The man is not ugly, he's deformed, I think so.
You must be a nice person smiley
Re: Help!! I Hate That Am A Goodlooking Guy) by Greatfes17: 7:52pm On Oct 13, 2015
Hmm!!!
Used to think am alone

Surviving amist guys gave been serious challange until i learnt i musn't impress them all.

I gave them upper hand by associating with higher class grown-up guys who understand that life isn't just about how many girls you lay down. if they need a damn thing from me they make polite request of it.

I must confess i an't that handsome(if at all i am) though but my character covers the urgly part of me.

Anytime they see me around any girl, they give up wooing her because for them, she is all mine. while actually our discussions are as normal friends and siblings would be.

Honestly, i take care of my friends needs(item 7 wise) in social gathering becuase my female forks seems to be waiting for me to make a request and it's mine already.

Some guys pay to hug a girl a girl, i get tens of them free.

Forgive my show of pride but remember:
The more you try to impress them, the worse it gets. and even your self-esteem is at risk.
Focus on your studies also, the'll envy you more..
Re: Help!! I Hate That Am A Goodlooking Guy) by creepsyme(f): 7:57pm On Oct 13, 2015
gab264:
I'm 20yrs old as of now. I've been told that I'm a bit handsome by young and older women as well and by some guys. I had a good life back at my hometown where looks had little importance.

I now live with my parents in Anambra state and it seems that a lot of guys express hate for no apparent reason. Almost 70-80% of girls give me looks and I had experiences of girls trying to take pictures of me. I moved here as part of helping my mum in growing her business, but I feel that a lot of young people are more interested in dating than anything else.

Some girls act downright rude without looking at my face. I feel so lonely, and this has contributed a lot to my introvert nature of life which for some time now am trying to put to an end, no matter how simple I dress some people seem intimidated by me. Friends have being avoiding me for no actual reason, especially when they are about to going to a social gathering like party, ceremony's and all sorts, because I think that is where I can be able to explore the world and make friends some kind of being social to that is exactly what ave wanted all my life.

Please no insult and mind you that this thread is not to seek attention of whose so ever but just to spit out my daily pains with nairanders and seek solution's of how to present my self more than physical appearance to people, because they were unable to see the good aspect of me.

Plzz romancelanders how can I overcome feeling alone, avoid stereotypes of friends and (probably make real friends and build a social circle here
HELP!!!!sadsadsadsadsad

Mind you that this is no #attention seeking# thread as some will fink right now, but is just a true life packaging of just a growing up guy.......
pls can we see ur pic? never heard someone is being stereotyped for been handsome I tink someting is wrong somewhere.
Re: Help!! I Hate That Am A Goodlooking Guy) by Nobody: 7:58pm On Oct 13, 2015
Mzdivacious:
sorry im dumb grin...u were like dedicating the song to me?
yeah I was and u aint dumb, u re unique wink
Re: Help!! I Hate That Am A Goodlooking Guy) by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 8:12pm On Oct 13, 2015
Elxandre:

You must be a nice person smiley
lolz grin
Re: Help!! I Hate That Am A Goodlooking Guy) by oluwasoga82(m): 8:31pm On Oct 13, 2015
do me a favour pls, gerara here
Re: Help!! I Hate That Am A Goodlooking Guy) by sarmiie(m): 9:12pm On Oct 13, 2015
Dunno why guys are yabbing the dude....he IS good looking #NoHomo. Just chill out and do ur thing..Dem friends will come, and that will make you even cherish them more..

P.s: a reAson for the reaction u get might be that you give off a gay vibe. #justsaying
Re: Help!! I Hate That Am A Goodlooking Guy) by Nyceguy92: 9:17pm On Oct 13, 2015
[quote author=gab264 post=38934018]

Your experience may be true but one finds it difficult to believe.

There are lots of equally good looking men out there who have loads of friends.

When you go out with your friends where there is a scramble for women, you guys can only have one woman at time.

My advice is for you to be real, be yourself and try and play down on the looks.

Choose others and make them your friends if your friends won't make you their friend.

I spoke una mind, my people?
Re: Help!! I Hate That Am A Goodlooking Guy) by freez2ryme(m): 9:56pm On Oct 13, 2015
PrettyHausaGirl:

The guy dey dull. He's not 21st century material grin
Y I dey feel u lik diz
Re: Help!! I Hate That Am A Goodlooking Guy) by alexrufabot(m): 10:18pm On Oct 13, 2015
Pour acid on ur face, and begin to walk like Kayshey"
Re: Help!! I Hate That Am A Goodlooking Guy) by Nobody: 12:36am On Oct 14, 2015
Op,seach yourself very well maybe u get bad odour.#nooffence.
Re: Help!! I Hate That Am A Goodlooking Guy) by walex2bad(m): 1:02am On Oct 14, 2015
Nigga. I think you are paranoid. Work on your Psychology.

1 Like

Re: Help!! I Hate That Am A Goodlooking Guy) by chukwunaluodili(m): 2:27am On Oct 14, 2015
Op who ever that told you, you are handsome is not helping you, because I have checked your profile, your worwor is beyond human comprehension, and I guess that is why those dudes are running away from you. So you need a worwor therapy that will boost your self esteem,in oder for you to see beyond your worwor nature.
Re: Help!! I Hate That Am A Goodlooking Guy) by OLUJOSHINS(m): 2:38am On Oct 14, 2015
gab264:
Am just a little scared cus pretty gurls like u) ain't royalgringringrin
#No offence #

its this silly attitude that keeps people away 4rm U.

Y exactly did an unreasonable thread like this make Front page
Re: Help!! I Hate That Am A Goodlooking Guy) by OLUJOSHINS(m): 2:42am On Oct 14, 2015
hertz9te:
this is a sign....the Lord wants me to buy a gun.

grin grin grin

shey Na the op wey create this silly thread U wan shoot ?

Abi the MOD wey move am come FP
Re: Help!! I Hate That Am A Goodlooking Guy) by driand(m): 5:52am On Oct 14, 2015
gab264:
I'm 20yrs old as of now. I've been told that I'm a bit handsome by young and older women as well and by some guys. I had a good life back at my hometown where looks had little importance.

I now live with my parents in Anambra state and it seems that a lot of guys express hate for no apparent reason. Almost 70-80% of girls give me looks and I had experiences of girls trying to take pictures of me. I moved here as part of helping my mum in growing her business, but I feel that a lot of young people are more interested in dating than anything else.

Some girls act downright rude without looking at my face. I feel so lonely, and this has contributed a lot to my introvert nature of life which for some time now am trying to put to an end, no matter how simple I dress some people seem intimidated by me. Friends have being avoiding me for no actual reason, especially when they are about to going to a social gathering like party, ceremony's and all sorts, because I think that is where I can be able to explore the world and make friends some kind of being social to that is exactly what ave wanted all my life.

Please no insult and mind you that this thread is not to seek attention of whose so ever but just to spit out my daily pains with nairanders and seek solution's of how to present my self more than physical appearance to people, because they were unable to see the good aspect of me.

Plzz romancelanders how can I overcome feeling alone, avoid stereotypes of friends and (probably make real friends and build a social circle here
HELP!!!!sadsadsadsadsad

Mind you that this is no #attention seeking# thread as some will fink right now, but is just a true life packaging of just a growing up guy.......
ur signature answers the question of ur rejection, start from there,
Re: Help!! I Hate That Am A Goodlooking Guy) by hertz9te(m): 6:00am On Oct 14, 2015
OLUJOSHINS:

grin grin grin
shey Na the op wey create this silly thread U wan shoot ?
Abi the MOD wey move am come FP
both o

1 Like

Re: Help!! I Hate That Am A Goodlooking Guy) by segzicres(m): 6:04am On Oct 14, 2015
waywardpikin:
All this foolish boys that always claim to be good looking. And if you check you will see that they ain't sh..it.

Oops, just checked and like I said you ain't sh..it. If you are the definition of good looking then a good number of us would rather be ugly. Mumu like you.

Soo much hate. were you never young?
Re: Help!! I Hate That Am A Goodlooking Guy) by Talius(m): 7:54am On Oct 14, 2015
gab264:

HELP!!!!sadsadsadsadsad

I understand how you feel bro, just know there are people out there, I including who do not mind outward appearance of a person before been friends with them. Its what's inside that matters
Re: Help!! I Hate That Am A Goodlooking Guy) by Talius(m): 7:57am On Oct 14, 2015
sarmiie:
Dunno why guys are yabbing the dude....he IS good looking #NoHomo. Just chill out and do ur thing..Dem friends will come, and that will make you even cherish them more..

P.s: a reAson for the reaction u get might be that you give off a gay vibe. #justsaying
That's another point
Re: Help!! I Hate That Am A Goodlooking Guy) by Mzdivacious(f): 10:21am On Oct 14, 2015
Princecharmin:
ur frnd is actually prettier dan u r....@ur personal text tongue grin
lol she knows she is not sef.she knowsgrin
Re: Help!! I Hate That Am A Goodlooking Guy) by Mzdivacious(f): 10:21am On Oct 14, 2015
Fidelismaria:

Lie lie lie Ur frnd z cuter dan u wink
Lie lie lie Ur frnd z cuter dan u
Re: Help!! I Hate That Am A Goodlooking Guy) by Mzdivacious(f): 10:22am On Oct 14, 2015
Fidelismaria:

Lie lie lie Ur frnd z cuter dan u wink
Lie lie lie Ur frnd z cuter dan u
lol see them beeferssad
Re: Help!! I Hate That Am A Goodlooking Guy) by Mzdivacious(f): 10:25am On Oct 14, 2015
sage2:

I thought as much. I don't really think she is prettier. Both of you are cool and have got style.
awww thanks dearsmiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Man Used A Billboard At CMS To Propose To His Girlfriend In Lagos / Women And Their Cooking Styles (before You Say I Do) / 8 Wrong Things Girls Check Before Marrying A Guy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.