Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,397 members, 7,819,414 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:55 PM

Bayelsa Govt. Reveals Real Cause Of Alamieyeseigha’s Death - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bayelsa Govt. Reveals Real Cause Of Alamieyeseigha’s Death (53455 Views)

Photos Of Alamieyeseigha On Life Support Before His Death / PDP Releases Statement On Alamieyeseigha Death / Update On Diepreye Alamieyeseigha’s Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bayelsa Govt. Reveals Real Cause Of Alamieyeseigha’s Death by donodion(m): 9:13am On Oct 14, 2015
dazdilijae:

Even the best hospital in the North ABUTH (owned by FGN) has not successfully treated kidney ailment. Please name one hospital in Nigeria that effectively does dat private or public? Our environment doesn't encourage professionals to wanna come work hia. Go n see wat akpabio built in Uyo but can't find d professionals to man it. My organization trained a Medical physicist in UAE under bond, wen it was time 2 return 2 Nigeria he wrote and paid back the bond cos he had beta offers there. Why build wen we can't operate?
Guy, Nigerians don't value or appreciate their own Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Ho spital have the man power and tech to handle this.
http://oauthc.com/ourservices.aspx
Before the demise of Mama Dora, it was in Nigeria the first diagnosis of her having cancer was first detected.She sought second opinion abroad and was misled until her condition grew out of control.
Re: Bayelsa Govt. Reveals Real Cause Of Alamieyeseigha’s Death by obailala(m): 9:14am On Oct 14, 2015
Summary of this story, Chief DSP Alams was running away from the consequences of his actions until he met his untimely death.

All I can say is RIP; however, may I also add that the consequences of his actions has also led to the death of hundreds, if not thousands of his own people. So if I continue to console his family, who will console the families of the others who were nobodies?

[img]http://2.bp..com/-lpiPsyACc2g/Vg4dWUcag7I/AAAAAAABi8I/Ovn-3SrgWv0/s280/Buhari%2B1.jpg[/img]

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa Govt. Reveals Real Cause Of Alamieyeseigha’s Death by msbbash(m): 9:20am On Oct 14, 2015
KingEli:
my governor did not disguise himself as a woman to jump bail..Besides dis is not about my governor or urs.
ur governor no disguise .weting him com do.shameless ijaw people.
Re: Bayelsa Govt. Reveals Real Cause Of Alamieyeseigha’s Death by legaxi(m): 9:24am On Oct 14, 2015
obiak4:

alams was horded to death by the uk and nigerian govt. Fact
you are not in bayelsa state and you would never understand the bitterness, people of the ijaw nation have for buhari now.
Yesterday was the first morn day for alamco and the general feeling is this: he was killed by the fg whether you take it or not
yesterday would have been a bloodbath for forces stationed in bayelsa if not for the intervention of some ''people''
but that does not make alamco a saint, he did stole but he massively developed his state during his tenure as gov.
What about joshua dariya of plateau what happen to his case with efcc? Under the carpet i guess

4 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Govt. Reveals Real Cause Of Alamieyeseigha’s Death by MizMyColi(f): 9:25am On Oct 14, 2015
chronique:
Hmmmm. Did Alams steal? Yes,just like every other state governor and president that has ruled this country. Was He found guilty? Yes. Was He sentenced? Yes. Did He go to prison? Yes. Was He granted presidential pardon? Yes.

While I understand the anger from Nigerians about Him being granted presidential pardon after doing about 3 yrs in prison,I'd also ask us to look at another scenario. If I remember correctly,it was during an independence day celebration,that He was freed alongside some other convicted criminals. On that day,some state governors also granted state pardon to some convicted criminals who were serving terms for robbery and murder. How come nobody seems to be angry and upset with them for releasing armed robbers and murderers back into the society? Why has the focus been on Alams alone? As far as I am concerned,He is no different from the other freed convicts. Moreso,the state governors and president,have the right to grant pardon to who they deem it fit to and like the sentimental Nigerians that we are,Jonathan had no choice than to assist His former boss to get out of jail. This is something most of us will do,if given the opportunity to free someone very close to us,who was convicted of a crime. Let's stop being hypocritical and shouting our lungs out when we know we all aren't saints. Has anyone noticed that Alams case started the moment He granted an interview about the vindictive saintly demon(obasanjo) that resides at Otta? How come this poor man who had next to nothing when He got out of prison in 1999,suddenly became rich and wealthy to the tune of billions of naira after He spent 8yrs as president? In his 8yrs of presidency,what were the major achievements of the saintly thief,in his home town in ogun state? Have we all forgotten so soon that the southwest weren't happy under the Otta general? Have we forgotten so soon how the vindictive demon from Otta,used the EFCC to harrass governors who looted,to do His bidding? Have we forgotten how businessmen and women were harrassed and forced to donate million to build his library at Otta? Have we forgotten how Ghana-must-go bags were frequently moved around the Aso villa under the "pope numero uno"? Have we forgotten that money was shared round to senators to support someone's third term bid? Have we forgotten that those who openly opposed that third term bid,were hounded and sent to jail(even though they were corrupt)? I could go on and on but the truth is this,the fight against corruption has been selective and political. The political camp(not party) that you belong to,determines whether you'd be tried,or allowed to go scott free. Your loyalty in that camp also matters. Case in study,is the recent case against the senate president. If He didn't outsmart His party to become senate president,we wouldn't have heard any nonsense code of conduct bureau garbage. The trial was just a system of whipping him in line. And for as long as we have this system of fighting corruption in place,we'd continually have thieves in power. Afterall,a certain ex governor under the APC is promising to return over 11billion naira He stole in his first tenure,if he is elected back into office. Nobody is asking why the thief is contesting election,and not in jail. A certain ex governor from Bayelsa state has had his case file at the efcc withdrawn,and is also contesting for governorship in Bayelsa;nobody is asking questions. A certain ex governor of Rivers state who has been accused of corruption andhas refused to defend himself before the panel set up to look into the matter,has also been penciled down to become a minister in this current dispensation;nobody is asking questions too. At the end of the day,there are different rules for calling people thieves in Nigeria,and for fighting corruption. Who you dine with,determines whether you'd be given a saintly robe,or a criminal tag. The ultimate losers are the stupid,foolish,daft,gullible,moronic and imbecilic Nigerians who support this type of nonsense. Waiting for Nigeria to be greay under this type of arrangement,is akin to waiting for a chicken to grow teeth.

Apt!
That's the word which best describes this post.

I read every word, from the first "H" to the last "h".

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Govt. Reveals Real Cause Of Alamieyeseigha’s Death by Popesultan: 9:26am On Oct 14, 2015
sincerly dickson is insane and will soon die like dsp alameseigha

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Govt. Reveals Real Cause Of Alamieyeseigha’s Death by Mynd44: 9:26am On Oct 14, 2015
IzonOwei:
the bolded is why nigeria remains at rest,.....so you want to tell me obj is not a thief.... angry angry angry
I believe Obasanjo is corrupt.
Do I believe he stole money? Yes
Can I call him a thief? No
Why? Because only a court can start that precedence

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Govt. Reveals Real Cause Of Alamieyeseigha’s Death by Nobody: 9:32am On Oct 14, 2015
msbbash:

ur governor no disguise .weting him com do.shameless ijaw people.
please read and understand comments first before quoting....thank u

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Govt. Reveals Real Cause Of Alamieyeseigha’s Death by timoney45(m): 9:35am On Oct 14, 2015
obiak4:

alams was horded to death by the uk and nigerian govt. Fact
you are not in bayelsa state and you would never understand the bitterness, people of the ijaw nation have for buhari now.
Yesterday was the first morn day for alamco and the general feeling is this: he was killed by the fg whether you take it or not
yesterday would have been a bloodbath for forces stationed in bayelsa if not for the intervention of some ''people''
but that does not make alamco a saint, he did stole but he massively developed his state during his tenure as gov.
What about joshua dariya of plateau what happen to his case with efcc? Under the carpet i guess
Bro talk for yourself and your friends and family who are aggrieved with yourself. As far as i have moved round bayelsa state since the death of alamco was announced, bayelsans are divided over his death. Don't come here and paint the story. On the issue of hate for buhari, the PDP bayelsans never liked PMB over his victory against GEJ.
But let ask you a question do you think APC members in bayelsa hate PMB?
I have never been a card carrying member of any political party. Inasmuch as i detest APC and PDP i will withdraw my support from PMB if his govt starts derailing just like i withdrew from GEJ some years ago.
I want a better Nigeria not a bitter Nigeria.
For your information i do business @ Etegwe and reside in okutukutu. I am Gbarain/Sabagria, so am a free born, full blown Ijaw man.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa Govt. Reveals Real Cause Of Alamieyeseigha’s Death by bigerboy200: 9:36am On Oct 14, 2015
sunnyb0b0:

This is what you get when contraceptives fail.
People like u are obviously burden to this earth and I am sure u will be a burden to d grave.. do ur generations a favour by advising ur father against using "pure water" nylon in place of condom so as to prevent another natural disaster as u..i'm even sure that the owner of that those goats in ur profile pic will soon come for u,cos obviously u are getting turned up by their acts and I am also 100% sure u get to rape goats when u don't have victims to carry out ur wicked acts on.. ur time of destruction is near.. Karma is coming ur way..now do ur cursed self a favor and get lost forever,as I will no longer dignify ur legendary and monumental stupidity with further replies..Idiot
Re: Bayelsa Govt. Reveals Real Cause Of Alamieyeseigha’s Death by phemmylaw(m): 9:39am On Oct 14, 2015
although am an advocate of let the offenders not go unpunished but the recent attitude of man towards this presumed innocent people is not necessary.We are becoming inhumane this days.
Re: Bayelsa Govt. Reveals Real Cause Of Alamieyeseigha’s Death by spinoff: 9:39am On Oct 14, 2015
theshield:

Ran away from Dubai cos of fear of arrest.

OUR PAST LEADERS, GOVERNORS INCLUDING HIMSELF AND PRESIDENTS INCLUDING GEJ ARE TO BLAME. THE SO CALLED GIANT OF AFRICA, SO CALLED BIGGEST ECONOMY IN AFRICA, SO CALLED 170 MILLION POPULATED COUNTRY HAS NO SINGLE WORLD CLASS HOSPITAL.

what a shame. But if he DSP or GEJ build hospital in Bayelsa he wont go to Dubai. BAYELSA HAS 8 LOCAL GOVERNMENTS, LESS ROAD TO CONSTRUCT, NO GOOD INFRASTRUCTURE IN THE STATE, NO RUNNING WATER OR LIGHT EVEN IN OTUOKE.

1. What is Bayelsa govt. doing with Allocations?
2. Is a shame that a president of Nigeria for 6 years can not build hospital or infrastructure in his own town.
3. Is a shame that people still worship GEJ and DSP in Bayelsa irrespective of their failure.

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Govt. Reveals Real Cause Of Alamieyeseigha’s Death by hush15: 9:39am On Oct 14, 2015
omenka:
If these guys don't want to let the ol man rest in peace and chose to politicise his death to get some cheap endorsement in the forthcoming State election, we'd gladly get down into the boxing ring with our gloves off and slug it out dirty.

Why was he "fleeing" everywhere he goes upon getting the slightest hint of a request to clear his name if he wasn't guilty?? Why shy away from the courts if you are indeed clean??

Is the fact that he was able to get good treatment in Dubai and stay alive only to flee to Nigeria and die under the "care" of our medical facilities not an indictment on himself as an ex governor and on the PDP government that ruled the country for 16years??

Had he and they spent more time and resources developing our institutions to world class standards, wouldn't he be alive today??

Has ill health ever prevented the law enforcement agencies of making requests of such nature?? Was any formal inquest carried out whose result showed his health deteriorated upon hearing the news or was his death solely as a result of the comatose state of our health facilities??

Are we now to assume, from this statement, that the UK government is responsible for Alam's death?? What part of the blame does the FG share in this as the governor is implicitly suggesting??

Who are the "well meaning Nigerian youths" that are "angry" over the man's death??

This trash from the governor is only aimed at achieving one purpose only- demonise APC in the face of Bayelsans using Alam's death, a gimmick only fools would fall for. In the same breath, they call the people to "revolt" and be "law abiding".

If the PDP thinks politicising this incident is the way to go, then we are more than prepared to have it their way.

You wrong if I might say. You are the one defining it from a political point of view and when you do, Of course whatever the response will be from a political standpoint. The man died of ill health, compounded by political turmoil and stress. That's a fact. Even in death, we shouldn't compound the troubles he faced hole he was alive.
Re: Bayelsa Govt. Reveals Real Cause Of Alamieyeseigha’s Death by abdullkabar(m): 9:41am On Oct 14, 2015
Warefa....its sha something that will cause a man's death
Re: Bayelsa Govt. Reveals Real Cause Of Alamieyeseigha’s Death by Goke7: 9:47am On Oct 14, 2015
So a Governor in the Federal republic of Nigeria believes that a man who jumped bail in the Uk was harassed to this untimely death.

Nigeria is on a long thing thing o, if this can be coming from a Governor, so if God forbid PMB goes now, will APC be right to say that Fayose, Metuh and Aribisala harassed him to his death? especially with all what Fayose was doing before the elections or if God forbids Amaechi goes, will Amaechi supporters be right to say that Wike harassed him to kick the bucket?

We need to re-examine our heads in this country

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Govt. Reveals Real Cause Of Alamieyeseigha’s Death by front247: 9:48am On Oct 14, 2015
D problem of dis country is rooted in tribalism and religion. If ur brother is corrupt,dt support him

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Govt. Reveals Real Cause Of Alamieyeseigha’s Death by Nobody: 9:50am On Oct 14, 2015
Dickson should take note and start work asap in building an effective healthcare center in Bayelsa,i dont know why this people are so daft,theres actually a health center close to the peace park or whatever its called and yet all this years its yet to be commissioned,past Governors after Alams just abandoned the project and its overgrown with weeds now,same thing with the 5star hotel and the cinema,even the airport na voicemail .nothing nothing just dey Bayelsa angry

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Govt. Reveals Real Cause Of Alamieyeseigha’s Death by obiak4(m): 9:57am On Oct 14, 2015
texazzpete:

Abeg what did Alams 'massively develop' during his tenure?

You are a disgrace to your education. I would have expected this kind of brainless sycophancy and lack of common sense from a poorly educated lackwit, but you have the air of someone who has had fairly extensive education. Why are you still like this?

The FG did not damage his heart. The present FG did not force the PDP to refuse to build decent hospitals. Rubbish
you are the more educated illetrate that parade here on nairaland can't you make a point without desending so low to the gutters smh
Re: Bayelsa Govt. Reveals Real Cause Of Alamieyeseigha’s Death by chernest2002: 9:58am On Oct 14, 2015
Nigerians, all the UK citizens that have committed crime in our oil industry who have arrested them in Nigeria? Dsp have paid for his crime in Nigeria jail so why extraditing him to UK again? This is why the white sees black as fool and less human and my people will always refuse to reason with their brain because we have first hate our self. Time will tell.

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Govt. Reveals Real Cause Of Alamieyeseigha’s Death by sukkot: 9:58am On Oct 14, 2015
omenka:
You dey mind these men?? Imagine the trash?? We all knew it was eventually gonna come down to this. The desperation of PDP is simply nauseating. Fayose started it, Dickson has echoed it, and it is left for Metuh to put a final seal to it.

These guys know the actual cost of the misrule of these men especially on the average Nigerian but would wanna don them some form of saintly garb upon their demise. A criminal is a criminal whether in life or death, and Alams died a convicted criminal.

These guys should hide their faces in shame. Imagine being so shameful as to admit "he fled Dubai where he was receiving treatment so as not to be arrested abroad"- isn't this a shameful admission??

When Dora died, Nigerians from all walks of life mourned her- I'm ashamed to admit it (it's a man's thing) but personally, I cried when I saw those pictures of her in the National Conference and did when I heard about her death- where are the people at home and in diaspora mourning DSP as claimed by this Dick-son??

What a useless piece of organic matter.
dayum nigga shocked
Re: Bayelsa Govt. Reveals Real Cause Of Alamieyeseigha’s Death by obiak4(m): 9:59am On Oct 14, 2015
omenka:
I lived in Bayelsa for the better part of 2007 and Delta in 2008. The man was a total disaster!! You think you are talking to a toddler here
2007 and 2008 and you know alamco laughing in swahill

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Govt. Reveals Real Cause Of Alamieyeseigha’s Death by chronique(m): 10:04am On Oct 14, 2015
Nigerians are a terrible lot. We seem to enjoy dancing foolishly to the tunes of the same people in charge of our misery. In 2007 when OBJ left power,I got an info from my bestie. He was dating a chick working at mtn. He asked me to load my airtime without the normal *555*1*pin no# and that I should just use *555*pin no#. I told him it wouldn't work but he insisted I should try it. I tried it and it worked and in surprise,I asked how manage? He said it was His girl at mtn that gave him the secret and that the 1 we were adding for every recharge,was going to OBJ. So as soon as the thief from Otta left,they indirectly leaked the info to their subscribers. If you remember very well,mtn didn't announce publicly that they were changing their top-up method. Now,what else can be term corruption,when a sitting president decides to sign a major contract to bring a big multinational company into Nigeria,and enshrines a kick-back policy into the deal? At that time when call rates were so high and people were topping up regularly,you can imagine how much He would have made. I also remember one of the telecoms company that bidded for license then lost out due to a certain issue I can't really remember now. It involved first bank of Nigeria plc then and I remember my dad mentioning Obj being involved in the whole thing then(my dad was a top management staff of the bank at that time and had access to information).

My point in all of these is that,Nigerians aren't standing up to the real thieves and destroyers of the nation;we solely focus on the weak and smaller ones while the main godfathers of corruption stroll and walk about untouched.
MizMyColi:

Apt!

Re: Bayelsa Govt. Reveals Real Cause Of Alamieyeseigha’s Death by sukkot: 10:04am On Oct 14, 2015
Mynd44:

Public ridicule looool

FOH
nigga they kick you out of mod duties ? you not making posts about how buhari not employed enough women ? this nigga mynd44 a hermaphrodite. weak ass nigga grin
Re: Bayelsa Govt. Reveals Real Cause Of Alamieyeseigha’s Death by Desyree: 10:08am On Oct 14, 2015
you are on point my dear. most nigerians are blinded by sentiments and they refuse to tell themselves the truth.
chronique:
Hmmmm. Did Alams steal? Yes,just like every other state governor and president that has ruled this country. Was He found guilty? Yes. Was He sentenced? Yes. Did He go to prison? Yes. Was He granted presidential pardon? Yes.

While I understand the anger from Nigerians about Him being granted presidential pardon after doing about 3 yrs in prison,I'd also ask us to look at another scenario. If I remember correctly,it was during an independence day celebration,that He was freed alongside some other convicted criminals. On that day,some state governors also granted state pardon to some convicted criminals who were serving terms for robbery and murder. How come nobody seems to be angry and upset with them for releasing armed robbers and murderers back into the society? Why has the focus been on Alams alone? As far as I am concerned,He is no different from the other freed convicts. Moreso,the state governors and president,have the right to grant pardon to who they deem it fit to and like the sentimental Nigerians that we are,Jonathan had no choice than to assist His former boss to get out of jail. This is something most of us will do,if given the opportunity to free someone very close to us,who was convicted of a crime. Let's stop being hypocritical and shouting our lungs out when we know we all aren't saints. Has anyone noticed that Alams case started the moment He granted an interview about the vindictive saintly demon(obasanjo) that resides at Otta? How come this poor man who had next to nothing when He got out of prison in 1999,suddenly became rich and wealthy to the tune of billions of naira after He spent 8yrs as president? In his 8yrs of presidency,what were the major achievements of the saintly thief,in his home town in ogun state? Have we all forgotten so soon that the southwest weren't happy under the Otta general? Have we forgotten so soon how the vindictive demon from Otta,used the EFCC to harrass governors who looted,to do His bidding? Have we forgotten how businessmen and women were harrassed and forced to donate million to build his library at Otta? Have we forgotten how Ghana-must-go bags were frequently moved around the Aso villa under the "pope numero uno"? Have we forgotten that money was shared round to senators to support someone's third term bid? Have we forgotten that those who openly opposed that third term bid,were hounded and sent to jail(even though they were corrupt)? I could go on and on but the truth is this,the fight against corruption has been selective and political. The political camp(not party) that you belong to,determines whether you'd be tried,or allowed to go scott free. Your loyalty in that camp also matters. Case in study,is the recent case against the senate president. If He didn't outsmart His party to become senate president,we wouldn't have heard any nonsense code of conduct bureau garbage. The trial was just a system of whipping him in line. And for as long as we have this system of fighting corruption in place,we'd continually have thieves in power. Afterall,a certain ex governor under the APC is promising to return over 11billion naira He stole in his first tenure,if he is elected back into office. Nobody is asking why the thief is contesting election,and not in jail. A certain ex governor from Bayelsa state has had his case file at the efcc withdrawn,and is also contesting for governorship in Bayelsa;nobody is asking questions. A certain ex governor of Rivers state who has been accused of corruption andhas refused to defend himself before the panel set up to look into the matter,has also been penciled down to become a minister in this current dispensation;nobody is asking questions too. At the end of the day,there are different rules for calling people thieves in Nigeria,and for fighting corruption. Who you dine with,determines whether you'd be given a saintly robe,or a criminal tag. The ultimate losers are the stupid,foolish,daft,gullible,moronic and imbecilic Nigerians who support this type of nonsense. Waiting for Nigeria to be greay under this type of arrangement,is akin to waiting for a chicken to grow teeth.

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Govt. Reveals Real Cause Of Alamieyeseigha’s Death by spinoff: 10:11am On Oct 14, 2015
MaziOmenuko:
Many more people died as a result of Alam's loot-o-cracy, those are the ones who should really rest in peace: not a thief who karma caught up with.

They should bury him with one if his Dubai houses, a bigger grave will contain them comfortably.

#thieves!

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Govt. Reveals Real Cause Of Alamieyeseigha’s Death by hensben(m): 10:12am On Oct 14, 2015
uzo4real:
If better hospitals were built here in Naija....wld there be any need for treatment abroad? The Hospitals abroad are they not built by Humans?
Bro I tire o.. This statement of Dickson is an insult to Nigerians who couldn't afford treatment abroad.

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Govt. Reveals Real Cause Of Alamieyeseigha’s Death by modath(f): 10:16am On Oct 14, 2015
chernest2002:
Nigerians, all the UK citizens that have committed crime in our oil industry who have arrested them in Nigeria? Dsp have paid for his crime in Nigeria jail so why extraditing him to UK again? This is why the white sees black as fool and less human and my people will always refuse to reason with their brain because we have first hate our self. Time will tell.

I'd appreciate if you'd let me explain the issue...

Alams committed 2 different offences...

1 .Misappropriation of funds in Nigeria, which is diverting Bayelsa's allocation for his personal use.

2.Money Laundering in the UK, which is using their BANKS & REAL ESTATE to HIDE illicit funds which he could not provide SOURCE OF INCOME for.

You are right that he has paid for his crimes in NIGERIA but he hadn't in the UK which if we all remember without any bias, HE JUMPED BAIL &ran back to NIGERIA without ever clearing up....

Be truthful; Does it now sound like hounding to death?

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Govt. Reveals Real Cause Of Alamieyeseigha’s Death by MizMyColi(f): 10:21am On Oct 14, 2015
chronique:
Nigerians are a terrible lot. We seem to enjoy dancing foolishly to the tunes of the same people in charge of our misery. In 2007 when OBJ left power,I got an info from my bestie. He was dating a chick working at mtn. He asked me to load my airtime without the normal *555*1*pin no# and that I should just use *555*pin no#. I told him it wouldn't work but he insisted I should try it. I tried it and it worked and in surprise,I asked how manage? He said it was His girl at mtn that gave him the secret and that the 1 we were adding for every recharge,was going to OBJ. So as soon as the thief from Otta left,they indirectly leaked the info to their subscribers. If you remember very well,mtn didn't announce publicly that they were changing their top-up method. Now,what else can be term corruption,when a sitting president decides to sign a major contract to bring a big multinational company into Nigeria,and enshrines a kick-back policy into the deal? At that time when call rates were so high and people were topping up regularly,you can imagine how much He would have made. I also remember one of the telecoms company that bidded for license then lost out due to a certain issue I can't really remember now. It involved first bank of Nigeria plc then and I remember my dad mentioning Obj being involved in the whole thing then(my dad was a top management staff of the bank at that time and had access to information).

My point in all of these is that,Nigerians aren't standing up to the real thieves and destroyers of the nation;we solely focus on the weak and smaller ones while the main godfathers of corruption stroll and walk about untouched.

Well, Chronique, I heard that too.
Again, you've made sense.

Deep down, I think we all know the clogs in the wheel of the progress of this nation. But for different reasons which most of us won't readily admit, we would rather shield them from the court of public opinion in order to remain politically correct.
However, I reckon that true change must start with us.
This is why we must seize every opportunity, be it positive or negative, to better our selves and that of those around us.

Digressing now: I still play that music of yours you posted for us to download a while backcheesy
T's really cool cool

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Govt. Reveals Real Cause Of Alamieyeseigha’s Death by jabberjawz: 10:32am On Oct 14, 2015
Blizzy9ja:
Yes he massively developed Bayelsa... I am a beneficiary of his govt, his giant stride are there for you to see... Go to Yenegoa and ask for the general feelings abt this guy... Nigeria can never be great if the fight against corruption is selective and political

bros no be d yenagoa Wey i know....abi another yenagoa dey Wey i nor know?.......try to be truthful & sincere for once... angry

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Govt. Reveals Real Cause Of Alamieyeseigha’s Death by MissSlimbody(f): 10:36am On Oct 14, 2015
MizMyColi:

Apt!

Politics don't really interest me, but just like you, I read every word of the post and also find it Apt.

The fight against corruption in this nation is a huge JOKE.

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Govt. Reveals Real Cause Of Alamieyeseigha’s Death by Nobody: 10:42am On Oct 14, 2015
Mynd44:

I believe Obasanjo is corrupt.
Do I believe he stole money? Yes
Can I call him a thief? No
Why? Because only a court can start that precedence
so we can rightly say saraki ,GEJ and all other governors and ministers who have stolen the wealth in the niger delta aren't thieves...even odili, ameachi,timipre sylva, babangida, tinubu etc...
Re: Bayelsa Govt. Reveals Real Cause Of Alamieyeseigha’s Death by chronique(m): 10:44am On Oct 14, 2015
True. I'm just sad at the Nigerian youths. I intend to write a book on Nigerians so the world would know what they are up against. The modern day Nigeria,is rapidly breeding and producing an army of idiots and people with a terrible kind of mindset. These set of people would wreck the world if allowed to spread this their stupidity globally. They just have to be contained and confined to their immediate environment. If what I see daily on nairaland,is a true reflection of what the average Nigerian is,then it's safe to say Nigeria is doomed,considering the fact that these set of people will end up producing people who they'd also infect with this same mindset and ideology. I like to call it mental and behavioral terrorism;it is very dificult to defeat.
MizMyColi:

Well, Chronique, I heard that too.
Again, you've made sense.

Deep down, I think we all know the clogs in the wheel of the progress of this nation. But for different reasons which most of us won't readily admit, we would rather shield them from the court of public opinion in order to remain politically correct.
However, I reckon that true change must start with us.
This is why we must seize every opportunity, be it positive or negative, to better our selves and that of those around us.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Photos Of Ayedire Local Government Secretariat In State Of Osun / Children Welcome President Buhari To Niger Republic In Style (photo) / Little Child Stares At Peter Obi's Posters In Taraba (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.