Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,444 members, 7,816,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

Rivers Govt Dissociates Itself From Seperatist Protest In The State - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers Govt Dissociates Itself From Seperatist Protest In The State (38800 Views)

Quit Notice Against Ndigbo: Middle Belt Dissociates Itself From The North / 80th Birthday Dinner: Soyinka Replies Rivers Govt / Ibim Semenitari Reacts To The "Invasion" Of Her Home By Rivers Govt Officials (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers Govt Dissociates Itself From Seperatist Protest In The State by obailala(m): 12:57pm On Oct 21, 2015
hamilton62:

who is your family: Ojukwu, kalu?
who in your family is better than they both... please we want to hear their names?
or you crawl into your shell of shame and hypocrisy
Please stop mentioning the great Ojukwu's name in the same sentence as the psycopath... That's an insult!
Re: Rivers Govt Dissociates Itself From Seperatist Protest In The State by Xpaz: 1:02pm On Oct 21, 2015
Truckpusher:
Lol, you can believe whatever you want to believe.I bet since Port Harcourt was founded on the need to evacuate coal from Enugu that automatically makes it an Igboland then just like Kaduna should be called Niger Delta for the sake of the refinery that was built in Kaduna to refine Niger Delta oil? abi!

Trust me ,ya'll aren't different from the Hausa/Fulanis and the Yorubas , ya'll have expansionist tendencies and it is our duty to put our head where we can only lose our resources and not lose our resources ,our identity and our land.This is called thinking smart because resources come and go but once your land is annexed the ultimate answer would become genocide.We wish you well in Biafra and we want our country if push comes to shove abi unity na by force again? undecided
My Guy.
it's OK.
Ogba & ikwerre Ar not Igbo.
enough of all this unneccesary Argument.
This your fear of Igbo trying to commit Genocide on you in order to steal your resources and Annex your land is to much

1 Like

Re: Rivers Govt Dissociates Itself From Seperatist Protest In The State by Truckpusher(m): 1:04pm On Oct 21, 2015
discusant:

Those "some quarters of Nigeria" you have been expecting for decades to "do something" - those quarters have restructured Nigeria politically the way it suits them, so that you shall forever been asking for Resource Control, fiscal federalism or Regional government system, but to no success. You or your fellow Rivers man or woman -,if you're truly from Rivers state - can never smell Aso Rock -,Jonathan was by chance of death of Yar'Adua.

In Biafra, any body from the old southeast region has equal chance with others to attain any position .

It has been close to two decades long wait for the quarters to do something, but nothing. The NASS was unduly overpopulated by those quarters, so you can't change anything.

Please stop allowing the booboos they fed older Rivers people to cloud your mind.
Lol, each suitor wooing a woman would always preach fairness and love until she lands in his house.

Let me tell you something you understand since you lots forgot so soon - I hope you are aware that the failed secession of the then Eastern region was a major reason why this people had the time to plan and restructure the country the way it soothes them?

This is it ,and you want us to start another one instead of channeling our grievances through the appropriate quarters to arrive at a reasonable conclusion while sustaining and maintaining whatever progress we must have made over years - If I'm to go by IPOB's leader myopic view, it simply means that in my effort to take my rightful place and determine my future ,I should destroy the little that I have painstakingly built all for what ? A promise of a greater tomorrow that is not assured?

Where would we have been if that secession was put on hold until when oil became the most economically viable resources ? Don't you think that with the regional arrangement that was in place back then and all the money accrued from oil exploration and exploitation that we would have opted out quietly with no gunshot fired ,after all the man who holds the most economically viable product would have more allies and interests.

Just think for a second - Whatever mess the Niger Delta finds itself today was as a result of your greed,impatience and a myopic view on world events for a tribe that the regional autonomy for the Eastern region was entrusted with.Now you can take that to the bank.

Your elder brother brought a fight home which you were injured and stripped of your belongings ,and the next thing he does was to turn around and tell you that ''that serves you right''(ntoi) and after six months he wants another fight at home - What will you do? grin....YOU RUN.....FAR...... grin
Re: Rivers Govt Dissociates Itself From Seperatist Protest In The State by discusant: 1:05pm On Oct 21, 2015
GspotAngela:
Truckpusher and HopeatHand, both of you are doing a good job hammering the skull of those Biafra goons.

Heeebos are feverishingly greedy and would do anything to covert and steal what does not belong to them; just like their father, ojucrook and their grandfather azikure, both of cursed memories.

I am from the NC, i cant tell you how livid i was when i heard them say Benue and Kogi state will be part of their Biafra

..Yeah, they're hammering Biafrauds so as to have you from one thousand kilometres away to occupy oil blocks in their back yards, pollute the environment and retire to your clean environment to build your mansions.

Okay Truckpusher and HopeatHand fire, fire the Biafrauds. Lol.
Re: Rivers Govt Dissociates Itself From Seperatist Protest In The State by discusant: 1:06pm On Oct 21, 2015
GspotAngela:
Truckpusher and HopeatHand, both of you are doing a good job hammering the skull of those Biafra goons.

Heeebos are feverishingly greedy and would do anything to covert and steal what does not belong to them; just like their father, ojucrook and their grandfather azikure, both of cursed memories.

I am from the NC, i cant tell you how livid i was when i heard them say Benue and Kogi state will be part of their Biafra

..Yeah, they're hammering Biafrauds so as to have you from one thousand kilometres away to occupy oil blocks in their back yards, pollute the environment and retire to your clean environment to build your mansions.

Okay Truckpusher and Christopher fire, fire the Biafrauds LOL.
Re: Rivers Govt Dissociates Itself From Seperatist Protest In The State by Truckpusher(m): 1:07pm On Oct 21, 2015
Xpaz:

My Guy.
it's OK.
This your fear of Igbo trying to commit Genocide on you in order to steal your resources and Annex your land is to much
With the utterances and bad blood that keep emanating from you guys I'm afraid that every Niger Delta child with an eagle's eye and a deep sense of history should learn fast and reject that idea until we are able to come to a compromise - We are not in a hurry to leave Nigeria yet ,after all our homeland is gone,what is the rush for ,we will wait for a better deal but right now we stick to the old deal.
Re: Rivers Govt Dissociates Itself From Seperatist Protest In The State by Deltagiant: 1:13pm On Oct 21, 2015
gykes:

Dieli badu
Iktupuga nde ki onu?
Even the "obigbo" he claims is Igbo is actually Oyigbo and has a major part of Evu Kingdom whose seat of Authority is Woji. Still on their obtrusive mentality, ask any man from Egbema, Ndoki if he is Igbo and you will be shocked the response you will get. No doubt a mere boundary adjustment brought them into Rivers State, but ask them if and really if they are igbos. Rivers State is a multi-tribal/cultural state no one tribe can lay claim to the it. And I stand on my previous statement, there are no Igbos in Rivers State.... it's like saying somebody from Rumuigbo is Igbo (mind you, Rumuigbo is the seat of authority of Akpara Kingdom in Ikwerreland. Akpara and Evu kingdoms are the sons of Obio. Port Harcourt or Igweocha is in Rebisi Kingdom - Rebisi happens to be the last son of Akpara who left his father to carve out his own kingdom.
I read somewhere and somebody was claiming PH is Aro whatever. Smh.. yet they claim I'm ignorant lol abeg I neither have the strength nor time to trade words or resort to cyber fights with anybody. If you have blood flowing through your veins then we are one - Igbo, hausa, yoruba, ibibio, efik, tiv, Ikwerre etc. Nigeria is too divided for any one group to stand alone. Even the Scottish people were wise enough to understand that.

Iwiala su nwo nda, meka!

@ the bolded, I see your attempt to show case how Ikwerre is/was a different language from Igbo. Even a long time Hausa or yoruba resident in Asaba or Enugu who speaks some Igbo would readily understand you.

'Dieli badu
Iktupuga nde ki onu' - is equal to Di ali madu, itupugara nde ka onu'.

I always enjoy seeing you and HopeAtHand entertain Nairalanders with your "ikwerre" comedy grin
Feast on boys!

3 Likes

Re: Rivers Govt Dissociates Itself From Seperatist Protest In The State by sonnie10: 1:19pm On Oct 21, 2015
Xpaz:
You expected Nigeria Government to support them before?
Even here in Ebonyi
we were almost Shot by our Governor's Body Guard while they were firing in d Air.
No State Government would want to show Openly that it support Biafra.
so it is normal

My goodness me! So Ebonyi is also boiling. Biafra is here.
Re: Rivers Govt Dissociates Itself From Seperatist Protest In The State by discusant: 1:21pm On Oct 21, 2015
Truckpusher:
With the utterances and bad blood that keep emanating from you guys I'm afraid that every Niger Delta child with an eagle's eye and a deep sense of history should learn fast and reject that idea until we are able to come to a compromise - We are not in a hurry to leave Nigeria yet ,after all our homeland is gone,what is the rush for ,we will wait for a better deal but right now we stick to the old deal.
You say you have already lost your home to pollution in Nigeria. And you urge south south to wait for a better deal from Nigeria? Lol!!
I am now getting fully convinced that you're not from the south south. If by chance you are, and people like you are leaders in the south south, you people have a long walk home. You must wait till the end of the earth before you get any more increase from derivation. By the way, do you even know that what they pay in the Niger delta as compensation for oil pollution, is a tiny fraction of what compensation paid in other countries over similar pollution you get any time in the Niger delta? Whoever is in government in a country often indirectly affects how much compensation a company pays.
Re: Rivers Govt Dissociates Itself From Seperatist Protest In The State by Xpaz: 1:23pm On Oct 21, 2015
Truckpusher:
hmm.
my brother I'm speechless oo.
d only reason we extended our hands to you was becos we are on a mission to build A united Igbo nation.
cos we felt that d division created by Nigeria and Brits BTW us and you guys is why we are still being attacked by NG in order to make sure we Neva unite for Biafra.
we beliv if we unite again even without Biafra d attack will stop.
even as i am now if Anioma state and another state for those who accept being igbo in rivers is created as part of SE, i will quickly say no to Biafra.
all i want is to unite with our igbo brothers in SS under one region(se).
thats all.
but what else can I say if d people i"'m fighting for says otherwise.

1 Like

Re: Rivers Govt Dissociates Itself From Seperatist Protest In The State by Xpaz: 1:25pm On Oct 21, 2015
discusant:

You say you have already lost your home to pollution in Nigeria. And you urge south south to wait for a better deal from Nigeria? Lol!!
I am now getting fully convinced that you're not from the south south. If by chance you are, and people like you are leaders in the south south, you people have a long walk home. You must wait till the end of the earth before you get any more increase from derivation. By the way, do you even know that what they pay in the Niger delta as compensation for oil pollution, is a tiny fraction of what compensation paid in other countries over similar pollution you get any time in the Niger delta? Whoever is in government in a country often indirectly affects how much compensation a company pays.
I know him very well he is from SS
Re: Rivers Govt Dissociates Itself From Seperatist Protest In The State by superstar1(m): 1:34pm On Oct 21, 2015
Chigold101:
who told you Biafrans are seeking recognition from any government in Nigeria.
You are a baby when it comes to politics... Don't you know that this funny government goofed she they failed woefully into the trap of Nnamdi Kanu.

Now he is a world hero.

The same way Ojukwu was a hero.

Words always have different meanings in the Jungle of alaigboland.

I hear you.
Re: Rivers Govt Dissociates Itself From Seperatist Protest In The State by Truckpusher(m): 1:41pm On Oct 21, 2015
Xpaz:

My Guy.
it's OK.
They are not Igbos and you need to respect that fact, simple and the term Biafra isn't for Igbos alone.

Unity with a well guarded interest is the key here and not trying to change my identity to soothe you - If you can't deal with my distinctive identity and ethnicity then what am I doing with you ,isn't that a clear sign that all is not well even to a dumb person?

1 Like

Re: Rivers Govt Dissociates Itself From Seperatist Protest In The State by kostadinis: 1:44pm On Oct 21, 2015
Truckpusher:
On the highlighted I beg to disagree in as much as I have opined several times that we share a lot in common culturally but let me make it very clear that the Ogba Egbema Ndoni people of Rivers Sate are not Igbos but a distinctive tribe with their own distinctive culture and if we follow your line of argument we should be saying that Hausa,Fulani and Kanuris are all Arabs and possibly Fulanis.

I am not against self determination of any kind from any part of the country but deliberately spreading falsehood while masking it with all sorts cheap propaganda that smacks of land grabbing and regional annexation is another form of what is happening in Nigeria where the rest of the states wants the Igbos to remain despite their kick against the oppressive system of the Nigerian state.

Your deliberate distortion of historical facts to sooth your agenda will only alarm these people that you want to force into your struggle and there lies your downfall.

I have asked God to place his miraclous hands on people like you to cure their chronic ignorance. Tell me what you know about Ndoni (Ndi Onuiyi)? The Monikker 'IGBOSON' is a full blooded Ndi Onuiyi man, and i'm sure he purposely decided not to respond to a rambler.

Well, briefly, Ndoni are Igbo people of the Ogbaru clan. They share spiritual kinship with Nnewi people of Anambra. The supreme deity of Nnewi people ( EZEMEWI) came from Ndoni. Ndoni was not originally in Rivers state but in the former East central state. It was an Hausa Fulani man named Maman Nasser that actually decided their present fate and carved them into Rivers state. This happened simultaneuosly with Obigbo and Egbema, leaving one half of Egbema in Imo state. You might well be educated from what you taught was 'falsehood'.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Govt Dissociates Itself From Seperatist Protest In The State by orunto27: 1:46pm On Oct 21, 2015
Thank you Wike. You are not a felon like the rest of them.
Re: Rivers Govt Dissociates Itself From Seperatist Protest In The State by Truckpusher(m): 1:51pm On Oct 21, 2015
Xpaz:

hmm.
my brother I'm speechless oo.
d only reason we extended our hands to you was becos we are on a mission to build A united Igbo nation.
cos we felt that d division created by Nigeria and Brits BTW us and you guys is why we are still being attacked by NG in order to make sure we Neva unite for Biafra.
we beliv if we unite again even without Biafra d attack will stop.
even as i am now if Anioma state and another state for those who accept being igbo in rivers is created as part of SE, i will quickly say no to Biafra.
all i want is to unite with our igbo brothers in SS under one region(se).
thats all.
but what else can I say if d people i"'m fighting for says otherwise.
A united Igbo nation with other distinctive minority groups should be based on mutual understanding for cultural identity of the different group and not labeling everyone Igbo ,what is your aim for such calculated attempt to insult a people's ethnicity with so much chest beating and raining insults and making threats to anyone who thinks otherwise while reminding them that their land is completely useless,polluted and degraded but you want them still.

The Igbo man's arrogance and noise making with his delusion of grandeur is a huge turn-off my friend - When you want partnership ,you court people and not making it look like a do or die affair ,so what is the difference between you and the oppressive Nigerian state that forced the Igbos into a unity where they are despised by almost all yet they want them to go? You ain't different bro and such people has the tendency to behave more worse than the zoo or equally.

Until you show respect for the authenticity of the ethnic minorities of the Niger Delta , you ain't going nowhere - We are all stuck in the Gambari man's net and his slave drivers,Think.
Re: Rivers Govt Dissociates Itself From Seperatist Protest In The State by Truckpusher(m): 1:55pm On Oct 21, 2015
kostadinis:

I have asked God to place his miraclous hands on people like you to cure their chronic ignorance. Tell me what you know about Ndoni (Ndi Onuiyi)? The Monikker 'IGBOSON' is a full blooded Ndi Onuiyi man, and i'm sure he purposely decided not to respond to a rambler.

Well, briefly, Ndoni are Igbo people of the Ogbaru clan. They share spiritual kinship with Nnewi people of Anambra. The supreme deity of Nnewi people ( EZEMEWI) came from Ndoni. Ndoni was not originally in Rivers state but in the former East central state. It was an Hausa Fulani man named Maman Nasser that actually decided their present fate and carved them into Rivers state. This happened simultaneuosly with Obigbo and Egbema, leaving one half of Egbema in Imo state. You might well be educated from what you taught was 'falsehood'.
With respect to that I might overstated my fact as it concerns the Ndoni people which was due to boundary adjustment but the fact remains that you have to respect their chosen ethnicity and respect the fact that everyone came from somewhere and it is stupid to begin identify any distinctive ethnic group as another in this 21st century ,You guys said you're Jews, does that mean that the state of Israel has a right to claim you as one but in this case these ethnic minorities simply said 'no' we are not Igbos , yet here you are tearing your pants to convince the world.....
Re: Rivers Govt Dissociates Itself From Seperatist Protest In The State by Xpaz: 1:56pm On Oct 21, 2015
Truckpusher:
A united Igbo nation with other distinctive minority groups should be based on mutual understanding for cultural identity of the different group and not labeling everyone Igbo ,what is your aim for such calculated attempt to insult a people's ethnicity with so much chest beating and raining insults and making threats to anyone who thinks otherwise while reminding them that their land is completely useless,polluted and degraded but you want them still.

The Igbo man's arrogance and noise making with his delusion of grandeur is a huge turn-off my friend - When you want partnership ,you court people and not making it look like a do or die affair ,so what is the difference between you and the oppressive Nigerian state that forced the Igbos into a unity where they are despised by almost all yet they want them to go? You ain't different bro and such people has the tendency to behave more worse than the zoo or equally.

Until you show respect for the authenticity of the ethnic minorities of the Niger Delta , you ain't going nowhere - We are all stuck in the Gambari man's net and his slave drivers,Think.

hmm.
you are insulting me as if there was a tym that you and I discuss any of d things you wrote above.
well.
I never said ogba is Igbo.
may you should read my previous reply again to see where I said "those that accept being Igbo"
thanks for all d insults anyway
Re: Rivers Govt Dissociates Itself From Seperatist Protest In The State by Truckpusher(m): 1:56pm On Oct 21, 2015
discusant:

Why don't you break away first and see how far we can go.
Re: Rivers Govt Dissociates Itself From Seperatist Protest In The State by 36STATES: 1:58pm On Oct 21, 2015
HopeAtHand:

Call your many Ikwerre sons out..That Anambra fool Ezepromoe can only deceive himself and not me.

Aside Oyigbo LGA and Egbema in Onelga, there is no Igbo whatever in Rivers state..you are just lying to yourself..because about 100 or less persons took to the streets to wail about the arrest of Nnamdi Kanu, you have decided you run PH..you Igbos have been noticed..

Our stand on the issue has been made clear, we regard Ipob as miscreants and any other protesters will be treated as such next time.

I can't believe it you allowed IPOB to organize a rally in IKWERE, you told us is no go area for Igbo. Your lies have been exposed. River state is 68 percent Igbo, if you don't like it you can move to Ondo.

1 Like

Re: Rivers Govt Dissociates Itself From Seperatist Protest In The State by Truckpusher(m): 2:02pm On Oct 21, 2015
Xpaz:

hmm.
you are insulting me as if there was a tym that you and I discuss any of d things you wrote above.
well.
I never said ogba is Igbo.
may you should read my previous reply again to see where I said "those that accept being Igbo"
thanks for all d insults anyway
There was no isnult in my post - I only insulted chimpanzees that can't argue without insults.

Sometimes I'm not always at peace with what people like Hopeathand are preaching here owing to the peculiar nature of the struggle and the people we are dealing with under the scam called 'one Nigeria' but again when you read the absolute hogwash emanating from some people ,you've got no choice than to agree with Hopeathand sometimes in truth and in principle.

If you feel insulted ,I'm sorry but I see no insult yet from my post - Trust me ,if I want to insult a man ,I know exactly how to do it right and well.
Re: Rivers Govt Dissociates Itself From Seperatist Protest In The State by 36STATES: 2:02pm On Oct 21, 2015
HopeAtHand:

Did you expect to be shot? Are you intent on creating scandal or what?. The govt of Rivers state isnt irresponsible, the protesters have now been given a warning by the govt which is the responsible thing to do.

If they have bile, let them dare us and protest again, no one will blame us now.

Since after military rule, only Igbo speakers have been governors in River state. This is the way it will always be. If you don't like it......enter your canoe and move to Ondo state.
Re: Rivers Govt Dissociates Itself From Seperatist Protest In The State by Deltagiant: 2:06pm On Oct 21, 2015
Truckpusher:

What is wrong with our people for God's sake!!!? What's all this delusion of persecution?
Take a look at the Biafra provinces and their administrators, courtesy of Pazienza.
Every ethnic, clan and tribe in Biafra had autonomy. Ruled by their kinsmen. If this is a curse, please say no!

BIAFRA’S PROVINCES & ADMINISTRATORS

Aba
Mr. Moses Onwuma*
Abakaliki
Mr. Samuel Mgbada
Annang
Chief Ekukinam Bassey
Awka
Mr. Paul Nwokedi
Calabar
Prof. Eyo Bassey Ndem
Degema
Mr. S. N. Dikibo
Eket
Mr. S. J. Edoho
Enugu
Mr. Christian Chukwuma Onoh
Nsukka
Mr. Frank Onyeke
Ogoja
Mr. Frank Ugbut
Oji River
Dr. Godwin A. Odenigwe
Okigwe
Mr. Sam I. Mbakwe
Onitsha
Mr. R. I. Iweka
Opobo
Dr. S. J. Cookey
Orlu
Mr. R. I. Uzoma
Owerri
Mr. Duke Njiribeakor
Port Harcourt
Mr. Emmanuel Aguma
Umuahia
Mr. Simeon Ojukwu
Uyo
Chief J. Udo-Affiah
Yenegoa
Chief Frank Opigo

Above are the list of Biafran provinces with their administrators. Ojukwu offered the non Igbo groups better deal than Gowon ever did, but folks were blinded by Igbophobia

1 Like

Re: Rivers Govt Dissociates Itself From Seperatist Protest In The State by Chigold101(m): 2:06pm On Oct 21, 2015
superstar1:

The same way Ojukwu was a hero.

Words always have different meanings in the Jungle of alaigboland.

I hear you.
am sure you have never left the swamp you call a home for once. Therefore you don't know that Ojukwu is GREAT HERO.

it hurts my heart that Awolowo had to die of suicide after taking his own life with rat poison... It pains meeee
Re: Rivers Govt Dissociates Itself From Seperatist Protest In The State by Truckpusher(m): 2:07pm On Oct 21, 2015
GspotAngela:

We don't need your praises to tell our neighbors the truth.

We are talking to disabuse their mind of wrong impressions and not quarreling like ya'll would love to see us do to feel happy and once our negotiations are right we will dump your Nigeria for you and your masters in the North. grin
Re: Rivers Govt Dissociates Itself From Seperatist Protest In The State by Xpaz: 2:10pm On Oct 21, 2015
Truckpusher:
There was no isnult in my post - I only insulted chimpanzees that can't argue without insults.

Sometimes I'm not always at peace with what people like Hopeathand are preaching here owing to the peculiar nature of the struggle and the people we are dealing with under the scam called 'one Nigeria' but again when you read the absolute hogwash emanating from some people ,you've got no choice than to agree with Hopeathand sometimes in truth and in principle.

If you feel insulted ,I'm sorry but I see no insult yet from my post - Trust me ,if I want to insult a man ,I know exactly how to do it right and well.
kk
Re: Rivers Govt Dissociates Itself From Seperatist Protest In The State by Abagworo(m): 2:14pm On Oct 21, 2015
kostadinis:

IGBOSON is from Anambra and very likely Ogbaru but Ndoni people have not openly taken a stand on their ethnicity beibg distinct from Igbo like Ogba or Ikwerre did. Most of them on FB write their language as Igbo and the few I've done serious business with consider themselves Igbo and we call ourselves brothers separated by State.

As for Obigbo and Egbema, it is unheard of them having identity crisis.
Re: Rivers Govt Dissociates Itself From Seperatist Protest In The State by discusant: 2:25pm On Oct 21, 2015
Truckpusher:
Why don't you break away first and see how far we can go.

They have severally told you that even governors FROM the five south east states could make this announcement made by Gov. Wike. But you jumped on the thread to exhibit your frustration against whoever...

Go to Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia, you will still see people who refused to leave old Soviet Union then, and still question why they came out of the old Soviet Union, despite that they are seeing light after h leaving the old Sovereign nation.

Who expects every body in the old Rivers state to say yes to Biafra before hand?
On the day Biafra comes to be, you can ship yourself to Lagos or Kaduna, wait there until it is all over.
Re: Rivers Govt Dissociates Itself From Seperatist Protest In The State by Truckpusher(m): 2:34pm On Oct 21, 2015
Deltagiant:

What is wrong with our people for God's sake!!!? What's all this delusion of persecution?
Take a look at the Biafra provinces and their administrators, courtesy of Pazienza.
Every ethnic, clan and tribe in Biafra had autonomy. Ruled by their kinsmen. If this is a curse, please say no!

BIAFRA’S PROVINCES & ADMINISTRATORS

Aba
Mr. Moses Onwuma*
Abakaliki
Mr. Samuel Mgbada
Annang
Chief Ekukinam Bassey
Awka
Mr. Paul Nwokedi
Calabar
Prof. Eyo Bassey Ndem
Degema
Mr. S. N. Dikibo
Eket
Mr. S. J. Edoho
Enugu
Mr. Christian Chukwuma Onoh
Nsukka
Mr. Frank Onyeke
Ogoja
Mr. Frank Ugbut
Oji River
Dr. Godwin A. Odenigwe
Okigwe
Mr. Sam I. Mbakwe
Onitsha
Mr. R. I. Iweka
Opobo
Dr. S. J. Cookey
Orlu
Mr. R. I. Uzoma
Owerri
Mr. Duke Njiribeakor
Port Harcourt
Mr. Emmanuel Aguma
Umuahia
Mr. Simeon Ojukwu
Uyo
Chief J. Udo-Affiah
Yenegoa
Chief Frank Opigo

Above are the list of Biafran provinces with their administrators. Ojukwu offered the non Igbo groups better deal than Gowon ever did, but folks were blinded by Igbophobia
Another lie from the pits of hell.
Ojukwu offered them a better deal and you think they came out of coma to accept the Nigerian deal?

Ojukwu's deal was on paper when things was already going awry ,while it was also on paper too that the then Eastern region which was dominated by the Igbos rejected out-rightly the creation of another region from the old Eastern bloc unlike the Western region that agreed that the Mid western region should be created to enable proper participation in 1963...........I hope you are aware of this history that has left a lasting taste of bitterness on the psyche of the minority group of today's Bayelsa and Rivers State.Though every politically inclined individual with a sound mind void of sentiment would point out that this was a deliberate attempt by the North and middle belt to balknize the Eastern bloc but again how about the minorities that were at the mercies of the Igbos who has to go to Enugu for everything including ordinary documentation for an ordinary land bought in Port Harcourt? Where the Igbos would buy one plot of land from an illiterate Ikwerre man and register it as five plots of land in Enugu - Una too do....make una shame small abeg.

Until you trace back to history lane and unearth the remote and hidden causes of the failure of the secession and why the ethnic minorities of the aforementioned states despised the idea ,you'll continuously swim in the lies and propaganda but we have read and heard and we must always tell the truth even in an oppressive state.

Do I also need to remind you on how Isaac Adaka Boro got frustrated from UNN and got tired of the oppression by the Igbos and declared Niger Delta republic on February 23, 1966. Which was a part of the then Eastern bloc and the Governor general dispatched a joint task force to under the auspices of the ''federal army'' to dislodge them from the creeks which was dubbed a 12-day revolution in Nigerian history till date and was sentenced to death? only for the same Eastern bloc to declare their own republic in 1967 and you expect the minorities to support you with all their might - Make una fear God small my brothers.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Govt Dissociates Itself From Seperatist Protest In The State by Truckpusher(m): 2:37pm On Oct 21, 2015
discusant:

They have severally told you that even governors FROM the five south east states could make this announcement made by Gov. Wike. But you jumped on the thread to exhibit your frustration against whoever...

Go to Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia, you will still see people who refused to leave old Soviet Union then, and still question why they came out of the old Soviet Union, despite that they are seeing light after h leaving the old Sovereign nation.

Who expects every body in the old Rivers state to say yes to Biafra before hand?
On the day Biafra comes to be, you can ship yourself to Lagos or Kaduna, wait there until it is all over.

On the highlighted , I think you're working with a very poor map bro.
Re: Rivers Govt Dissociates Itself From Seperatist Protest In The State by Truckpusher(m): 2:38pm On Oct 21, 2015
Xpaz:

kk
Obi kerere nke grin
Re: Rivers Govt Dissociates Itself From Seperatist Protest In The State by discusant: 2:44pm On Oct 21, 2015
Truckphsher and Co.

If any body says he is not Igbo, but he is Ikwerre - translation in Igbo - do you agree? We take the person as Obia - stranger - to Igboland. So beware.

Igboland in former Eastern Nigeria spreads across the River Niger up to the precincts of Bini city and into Igweocha - PH.
People from upper Igboland beginning in Benue state all the way to Igweocha (PH) have cooperated for centuries until those who now colonise oil blocks in the Niger delta carved out Rivers state from Igbo land and told hulloble people down south like TruckPusher that Igbo wanted to enslave them, in a huge bid ever used to make a group of people play subservient - used as leftovers.

TruckPusher, your mission to have the south south wait indefinitely until Arewa repentance is failed. This is the 21st century.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

How Wike Lost Out At Governorship Tribunal / Rochas Okorocha Gives Orphan Girl New House, New Car And N2.7M In Imo. Photos / "Never Again "- Latest Slogan In The Camp Of Nigerian Army

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.