Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,599 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic (44793 Views)

I Support The Agitation For Creation Of The Republc Of Biafra – Abdulrahman Alfa / UK Parliament Call For Creation Of Biafra. / Buhari Also Campaigned For Creation Of Biafra At United Nations Assembly.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by DIVINE78: 8:59am On Oct 28, 2015
I'm waiting for the first person to blame Barcanista for this.

2 Likes

Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by Nobody: 9:00am On Oct 28, 2015
Setaje:

Sorry the igbos committed terrible atrocities. My dad saw everything. If not for the Nigerian troops, they would have taken over naija delta wiv the help of the anioma. Anioma people secretly helped biafra. But when the Nigerian troops came in they were d same people pointing out who the real igbos were and denied being pure igbo. My dad's principal was killed in front of them. The Igbo troops killed a lot of minority groups. Starting from porthacourt.

The only people I think that might be loyal to your course is anioma. As far as I no, they have never been trusted by pure delta people. Just as u people see them as fake igbos, the Nigerian delta see them as traitors. That's my observation. But my friend amaka will never agree she is igbo. Strange.

Have you forgotten how they plotted to kill David Ejoor ?, if not for the Help of an Edo chief who rescued him.. I don't need anybody to tell me about the war, my mom always tell me about it, they always blamed Yoruba of twisting fact.. but majority of what Yoruba said about them are true.

if you have anybody that withness the war just ask them about the atrocities commited by Igbo soldiers

We ARE Watching

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by scholes0(m): 9:00am On Oct 28, 2015
baby124:
I honestly expected this from Itshekiri. When I saw their name in ND republic, I laughed

wait till the others come out and do the same .... very soon.

9 Likes

Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by carboblanko(m): 9:01am On Oct 28, 2015
blaqoracle:
Why bother yourself? The igbos dont have the capacity to wage war; they cant even defend their so called five states, let alone leading an invation. The current noise about biafra is an attempt to mask their political miscalculation and misadventure of supporting jonathan's failed 3rd term bid. However, jonathan has since recovered from the shock and moved, even edwin clark an avowed pugilistic supporter of jonathan have all moved on, yet the igbos are still ruminating over a defeat they can not undo.
So on point.

7 Likes

Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by Lagrage(f): 9:02am On Oct 28, 2015
500GP:
ITSHEKIRI IS A PART OF YORUBA SPEAKING TRIBE BEFORE, WHO WILL TAKE THEM SERIOUS..

#IN IBO'S VOICE

It is not your fault tho..... Try to abstain from any form of disrespect against my tribe. We did nothing to you

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by Yanks101: 9:05am On Oct 28, 2015

2 Likes

Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by Nobody: 9:05am On Oct 28, 2015
Keegan:

...and access to the sea. In reality biafra is a land-lock nation like Lesotho to South Africa.
Now imagine Lesotho and Swaizland threatening South Africa. I just dey laff dis yeye agitators. If we close our borders and airspace to them, they will become prisoners.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by Nobody: 9:05am On Oct 28, 2015
Cpumping:
I thnk its time for a referendum. don't u?

I'm guessing it wd b like dat of Scotland

Even Scottish referendum failed.

7 Likes

Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by saintandsinnerz: 9:07am On Oct 28, 2015
blaqoracle:
Why bother yourself? The igbos dont have the capacity to wage war; they cant even defend their so called five states, let alone leading an invation. The current noise about biafra is an attempt to mask their political miscalculation and misadventure of supporting jonathan's failed 3rd term bid. However, jonathan has since recovered from the shock and moved, even edwin clark an avowed pugilistic supporter of jonathan have all moved on, yet the igbos are still ruminating over a defeat they can not undo.
Stop being silly!
Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by Nobody: 9:07am On Oct 28, 2015
Lagrage:

It is not your fault tho..... Try to abstain from any form of disrespect against my tribe. We did nothing to you
Traditionally, Yoruba, Igala and Itsekiri have the same ancestors. Thence, their striking similarities in language.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by alexlee50: 9:07am On Oct 28, 2015
These guys are stupid and hypocritical.what is their business if the south east wants biafra? In as much as they are not part of the region called biafra, what is their problem? Fucking hypocrites, trying to please their slave masters. Time for a referendum, nobody needs to fire a bullet

5 Likes

Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by cheruv: 9:09am On Oct 28, 2015
Goodboiyy:

have the Ijaws accepted your offer ?, or you are just assuming.. am speaking for my people, And the interest of my people, Tonye already made his intention know regarding Ijaw.. as for me No Urhobo/Itsekiri land should be included in your country. Its an insult to us.. We have nothing to benefit from your fake country.. I still remember what Biafra troops did to our fore fathers in 1967. we haven't forgotten anything.

1 luv.
Good and am happy the feeling is mutual smiley after all who forgets the massacres meted out on Anioma, even by people who claim they're their neighbors I'd not even mention the other massacres perpetrated on other parts of Igbo and Ibibio land.
To tell you my deepest thoughts on the ijo undecided I'd not even want them in Biafra kos our mentality and their differ on fundamental issues of life.our differences in Rivers state can be settled on the table or in a quick decisive war wink
The only non Igbos we share something with are the Mmoño(Ibibio) and they're the only SS non Igbo ethnicity I'd love to share Biafra with smiley

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by neocortex: 9:10am On Oct 28, 2015
blaqoracle:

Why can't you make sense without involving jonathan ?
Will you die if you replied to the post within the context
it was created in ?
SMH.

2 Likes

Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by Observant: 9:10am On Oct 28, 2015
The hypocrisy of Niger-Delta is thinking that any igbo group in South-South will join (Bini, Esan, itserkiri, ijaw etc) in one country same as the hypocrisy is Baifra believing that itserkiri, ijaw etc of today will join them in one country.

So stop the noise making, Biafra will not include you all neither will your niger- delta (which by the way Abia and IMO is currently part of ) include any igbo Group or igboid. Be it anioma etc.

1 Like

Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by calaway: 9:10am On Oct 28, 2015
Babzrockman:
Igbos only wanted to add south south region to their ranks because of the crude oil.

what are you ranting about? the biggest onshore oil deposit in west africa is in imo state. there is a cuurent 250,000barrel par day in abia state producing for you to eat since 1973. there is crude oil in anambra state there is crude oil in ebonyi state. my friend all south east states hae crude oil except enugu which has coal.

educate your self.

5 Likes

Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by Yanks101: 9:11am On Oct 28, 2015
Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by nightmile: 9:12am On Oct 28, 2015
Even their Lord Jonathan will not go with them not to talk of Asari. No tribe trust igbos cos they are greedy.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by Nobody: 9:12am On Oct 28, 2015
oyem4u:
WARRI—THE Itsekiri ethnic nationality of Warri,
Delta State, has dissociated itself from the calls for
creation of a Biafra Republic out of Nigeria as being
drummed by some Igbo interest groups in the
South-East.

The Itsekiri Leaders of Thought, ILT, expressed the
group’s concern over the Igbo agitation
yesterday in a statement by its Chairman, Pa
Johnson Ayomike and Secretary, Edward Ekpoko.

The body is disturbed that the proposed Biafra
Republic as widely reported in the social media
includes the whole of Delta State.

The statement stressed: “We recall with pains the
day the defunct Biafran Army invaded Warri and
Benin in the then Midwest Region on August 9,

Never again will the Itsekiri tolerate such
invasion. The Itsekiri nation is committed to the
unity of Nigeria and will do all it can to promote and protect it as one indivisible country.

As Major
General Philip Effiong said on January 14 1970, the
Republic of Biafra ceased to exist. We, the Itsekiri,
wish it to be eternally so for the peace and
development of our great nation.”

source - http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/10/itsekiri-nation-disowns-calls-for-creation-of-biafra-republic/
igbos just want to go on an EXTINCTION. Just like there fellow brother. The dinosaurs

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by Yanks101: 9:14am On Oct 28, 2015

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by Observant: 9:15am On Oct 28, 2015
Yanks101:
I seriously don't understand this attachment to Nigeria. It is unhealthy and irrational.
Are you guys sick and used to suffering and wanton disregard of human life.?
This is a Nigeria which for 100 years have proven to be nothing more than a waste of time. Even in 100 years to come, there is no sign Nigeria will ever become a second world habitat let alone first world.
The people there will always be ethnocentric with very little patriotrism for the so-called Nigeria in a 1000 years.
Why would any sane human being want to keep trying the same failed thing? Are you people not bothered about the future of your children?
Nigerians are sick, very sick in the head.

This is why you don't need any of these people with this mentality in our new country and struggle.
They are hardwired to (Our Oyel) which ironically they watch the north siphon without regard to there useless opinion.
Trust me you don't want this people in your nation

3 Likes

Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by Damfostopper(m): 9:17am On Oct 28, 2015
and can u imagine....sum daft igbos abi na biafra adding my beloved state...akwa ibom to dia map.....these guys must be daft n high....do we speak una language ?....y adding us

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by Yanks101: 9:17am On Oct 28, 2015

1 Like

Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by cheruv: 9:18am On Oct 28, 2015
scholes0:

See you....
Who dash you Burutu, Bomadi and Patani LGA's?
Not even Ekeremor or Sagbama in Western Ijaw areas of Bayelsa are within your sights.

Next to come deny this silly movement will be the national spokespersons of the Ijaws and Ibibios. E go shock you
cc:Goodboiyy, Trickpusher
You're talking like an amateur in politics cheesy even if it were me I'd deny too grin after all why sacrifice your fortune when the show is yet to start
If you understand the Chinese technique called "face the east gate and attack the west gate" you'd understand my true position regarding those ijaw LGs and even the whole of ijawland grin
Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by Nobody: 9:18am On Oct 28, 2015
Yanks101:
But itshekiri was never a part of biafra, neither is anybody asking them to join.
wetin concern them?

We just spoke our mind.. When your kalu was busy including warri in your Biafra map did you consult us ? When you included the entire Delta state did you consult us ?.. Everybody go your way is that Hard to understand...

You have been warned , don't come online to say we betray you , Cous we never had any agreement with IPOB regarding our land been included in There map.. Any attempt to force us, Then be ready to Deal with Yoruba/Edo Army..

Don't say we didn't warn you.

Its Official

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by Nobody: 9:19am On Oct 28, 2015
SO HOW COME THIS IS THE ONLY BIAFRA NEWS THAT MAKES FRONT PAGE.......

[size=16pt]ITSEKIRIS ARE YORUBAS, THEY WERE NEVER PART OF BIAFRA[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by kingthreat(m): 9:19am On Oct 28, 2015
Let Biafra be as long as it is a landlocked region filled with erosion, little natural resources and Igbo-speaking people. I swear, we Yorubas will claim all your properties here and we will kick out illegal immigrants in our nation. I wish igbos realise that Biafra is their doom.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by menxer: 9:20am On Oct 28, 2015
Biafrans should instead agitate for a referendum, Instead of hating everything Nigeria, stemming from their political miscalculations and political frustration.

The way they are going about it is just...

10 Likes

Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by lemolemo: 9:21am On Oct 28, 2015
This shows south south leaders are smart in thinking. Joining Biafra they know Igbo will simply invade their land and oil, ask we Yoruba how we cope in Lagos and other south west states, no breathing space. They put pressure on our schools, hospitals, policing and other social services while calling us names . While their governors embezzle their meagre monthly allocation without impunity, their citizens are left to rush to same southwest they call slaves to make a living instead of staying home to build and develop.

29 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by forgiveness: 9:21am On Oct 28, 2015
Goodboiyy:

Let me Educate you.

Itsekiri is not Yoruba, How many times I go shout am for this forum ?.

Itsekiri are people if the Niger Deltan , They speak a language almost thesame with Ilaje and Yoruba and share culture with Edo/Urhobo..

Are you sure Itsekiri is not Yoruba?
Do they consider themselves as non Yoruba?
Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by dammieight(m): 9:21am On Oct 28, 2015
OduaVanguard:
Yee.bos and their "Junior Moses" Kanu sef like trouble. Why una go include other ethnic nationalities into una Biafra without their expressed consent? ? And when you all are accused of land-grabbing ambitions una go vex.

Poor design I must say...
Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by Chiaka(f): 9:21am On Oct 28, 2015
All Ibo States have Oil.......so whats the biggy on oil. Ibos have hardly depended on oil..........check database and do your findings
Babzrockman:
Igbos only wanted to add south south region to their ranks because of the crude oil.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Buratai Awarding $444k Contract To Girlfriend, Maryam - Jackson Ude Accuses / DSS Accuses Israeli Filmmakers Of Supporting IPOB, Detains Them In Cells / Buhari Walks Out On Ministers Over Accommodation Package - The Signal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.