Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,390 members, 7,815,833 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:06 PM

Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic (44798 Views)

I Support The Agitation For Creation Of The Republc Of Biafra – Abdulrahman Alfa / UK Parliament Call For Creation Of Biafra. / Buhari Also Campaigned For Creation Of Biafra At United Nations Assembly.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by Nobody: 9:46am On Oct 28, 2015
atbu1983:
South South Niger Delta will never join biafra

Igbo are using the support they gave to Jonathan in 2015 election as blackmail to convert Niger delta struggle to biafra. Niger delta struggle is resource control and true federalism. This deception will not work. They only supported Jonathan because they got alot of appointments under Jonathan. They are just selfish and greedy people. Niger Delta Struggle is completely different from biafra agitation. Igbo supported Obasanjo against thier own son and hero Ojukwu in 2003 election, they should go and claim yoruba instead.

HYPOCRISY is when YORUBA people claim some part of Kwara, Kogi, Lagos as Yoruba land when Igbos claim the Igbo speaking areas of some part of Delta, Rivers and Edo as part of Igbo land, YORUBA'S will start shouting land grabbing, oil thief, is this not hypocrisy at highest level, if Igbo go with only 5 Igbo state and leave the rest of the Igbo land, then Yoruba should leave Lagos, Kwara, Kogi and parts of Ondo ilaje axis alone.

As far as I am concern Igbo, Yoruba and Hausa are all benefiting from the current system. After all an Igbo man Gen Agunyi Ironsi created the Unitary System for Nigeria in 1966 that we are complaining against today. Gen Agunyi Ironsi set the foundation for the destruction of regional federalism in Nigeria. if not for his love for total control and domination (The disease of an average Igbo man), Niger delta would have be enjoying 50% resource control today. When Isaac Adaka Boro wanted to form Ijaw Nation Republic in 1966 it was Igbo Head of State Gen Agunyi Ironsi that fought him with a 12 day war.

The Igbo claim to be one of us because some South South states were part of the old Eastern region. First of all, eastern region was created by Nigeria for Nigeria convenience. It was not a decision of the nationalities that made up the old eastern region. Secondly before most people forget, today Edo and Delta state were never at anytime part of eastern region. Edo and Delta states were first part of Western region later became Midwestern region, then change to Bendel state before becoming Edo and Delta state today. Some tribes speak Yoruba in Edo and Delta state. Why is yoruba not claiming Edo and Delta state the way igbo is claiming Rivers and Delta states because some people speak ibo in those states?

Igbo may have succeeded in brainwashing some South South people that they are one of us, it is a big lie. They may have succeeded in brainwashing some of us that only hausa and yoruba is the problem of South South, it is a big lie. They are the same as far as I am concern.

The problem with Igbo is greed, self-entitlement and born to rule, control and exploit mentality. Qatar is smaller than Bayelsa in population and half d size of Bayelsa state by landmass. Bayelsa is four times the size of Singapore. if Qatar and Singapore can be a country, why cant we have an Ijaw nation as a country? Do u think Ijaw people dont want to be like Qatar and enjoy their oil alone like Qatar does? Note: Bayelsa State is d smallest state in the south south by population and second to the last by landmass!!

Below is the size of south south states and south east states. South South is almost 3 times the size of south East.
Yet the population of South east is almost 80% of south south population base on 2006 census
. But by the time you add igbo who are currently leaving outside south east, you will discover that thier population is more than all the south south put together. More than 90% of the resources (oil, gas, limestones,etc) are in the south south. The whole of South East is landlock with no direct access to the sea or atlantic ocean. but almost all the south south states have direct assess to the sea and atlantic ocean. Some will say they have River Niger. River Niger is not a sea or an ocean for big Ships.

Tell me why South South Nations will want to form a country with south east if they have a choice ? all south east will bring to the table is population and domination? The total oil production from south east is not up to 10% of south south oil production!

If you are the leader of south south nations will you advice them to form a country with south east if they have the option of forming their own country alone? give a sincere answer!!

As far as I am concern, as unbrainwashed south south , there is no difference between the Igbo, Yoruba and Hausa. To me, these are three major tribe struggling and fighting for Supiriority. Whenever any of the three is loosing, he shout marginalization.

During Jonathan govt, the Igbos were gaining and were in control and were happy. The Yoruba were losing and were shouting marginalization. The hausa/fulani were not happy because they were not fully in control. For the North we can slightly understand because in the 16years of democracy (May 1999 to May 2015) the south ruled 13.3years while the North had just 2.7years

The Igbo don't love south south more than the hausa or Yoruba love us. All the three tribe are all struggling for the control of south south oil. None of the three is better than the other as far as we south south are concern.

The only place south south nationalities agree with Igbo is Nigeria should divide . However while south south clamour for succession is base on lack of true fiscal Federalism and resource control, on the other hand, igbo clamour for succession is base on IGBO BORN TO RULE, CONTROL AND EXPLOIT MENTALITY. Igbo make noise and claim d north have born to rule mentality because of Sokoto State former licence plate motto of born to rule which they have change. The People with the true born to rule mentality are d Igbo. it is because they are not having thier way that they are complaining and making all d noise all over Nigeria.

But how and why Nigeria will and should divide, what we want and what they want is as different as d distance of the earth to d moon.

South south want resource control or thier own freedom. we will support Biafra as Igbo only nation while they should support us to form our own nation or nations. But trying to add us as an appendage to Biafra will never happen.

If south south join Biafra, our individual identities will be wiped out in less than 50years. They will convert every south south nationality to Igbo. And they will so much take charge of the oil and resources with reckless abandon without any regard to d minorities.

LET EVERYONE FORMS HIS OWN NATION IF WE CAN'T GET 50% RESOURCE CONTROL. SOUTH SOUTH NATIONS DONT WANT IGBO, YORUBA OR HAUSA IN THIER NATION. WE DONT WANT ANY DOMINANT TRIBE TO CONTROL US IF OR WHEN NIGERIA DIVIDE.

They will argue that there are some igbo in rivers state, delta state and edo state. As far as i am concern Igbo speaking people in south south will join Niger delta republic or confederation. Their are Hausa people in Niger, there are Yoruba people in Benin Republic and Togo. Does that make those yoruba and hausa speaking people in those countries Nigerians?

The south south nationalities can form a confederation with United Arab Emirate template, where seven different nationalities came together to form a confederation with each nationality having some form of autonomy.

if the south east want to join the confederation they can join. We can't leave nigeria and go and form another normal single country were there is a dominant tribe. That will be moving from frying pan to fire.

Just like the United Ararb emirate asked qatar and behrain to join them, but qatar and behrain choose to form thier individual countries.

What Biafra represent is a single country with a powerful centre where a dominant tribe can control. South south dont want that. If we must fight or struggle for succession, we need a new name like "United State of niger delta" or any other name which clearly shows a union rather than a single country.

We need to set the record straight before south south nations make the mistake of south Sudan. It is more than Four years south sudan left
sudan to form thier country. Since that time south sudan has been in War while North Sudan enjoy peace. This was because nations in
south sudan came together to form a single country without ensuring that thier difference in ethnicity was fully discuss. Some
part of south sudan are now feeling marginalized. That is exactly what will happen if Igbo succeed in forcing south south nations into
Biafra. That so called Biafra wont have peace. It will be another Somalia!!!!

For peace to rain let Igbo form Biafra from the Five south east state and let the the six states in south south form a confederation or seperate nations. Anything outside this will never work.

I do not hate Igbo people. Many of my friends are Igbo. I only hate thier deceit and greed. what is good for the goose is good for the gander.
What we dont want is a dominant tribe simple. If south south join Biafra, that country will be 60% Igbo. How do you think other minorities can compete in that kind of country? Whether we like it or not we both know that Igbo are not diplomatic people by nature. That will lead to complete extinction of other tribe. in less than 50years they will make the whole Biafra Ibo without any consideration.

I dont hate Igbo. But i hate when i know the Biafra they seek is a Biafra with current south south as an appendage to it.
Why cant they support our freedom, and we will support thier freedom. Why do igbo make it look like it is wrong for Niger Delta people to seek thier own freedom outside Biafra? In biafra current south south minority will be like conquered people. God forbid that to happen.

a quote from Isaac Adaka Boro Autobiography (wriiten himself). Read Chapter 5 - Campus Politics
http://www.adakaboro.org/the12dayrev/chapter-5-campus-politics.
This was the campaign statement of his opponent for UNN SUG presidency:

"My opponent, Ejiogu, took the floor when I had finished, and what did he say? "Ladies and gentleman, this is a crucial time in Nigeria when we should not allow a vocal minority to rule an obvious majority
These words still ring in my memory because, as my opponent put it, they are crucial not only to me but to my people, the Ijaws. Most of the alien students walked out of the hall and it seemed as if a spell was cast on the atmosphere. The campaigns ended solemnly and the result of the election was again one way. Ejiogu won with his majority. The last minute strategy. A Cameroonian friend of mine, John Ngole, promptly resigned his secretaryship of the Historical Society in protest."

I am very sure that Nigeria will divide faster if Igbo seek Biafra with 5 south east state alone and Niger delta republic seek a country with the 6 South south states alone at the same time. Once the Hausa and Yoruba sees that Igbo are supporting a Niger Delta republic separate from Biafra, they will see it as true struggle. But if the struggle is about Biafra with south south in it, where Igbo will gain south south resources with Yoruba and Hausa loosing out, I bet you until South South oil finishes, Nigeria wont divide.

If we cant get resource control, we don't need to form a single country with Igbo, we can seek for our separate nation on two front simultaneously but not on one front. What we need is cooperation from Igbo not togetherness with Igbo. If they truly want to leave Nigeria and liberate Niger delta people from dominant tribes, they should support us to form our nation as they form thiers. I bet you when that happen, the struggle will be half won.

The Ojukwu Biafra was Igbo dream not Ijaw, Esan, Urhobo, Itsekiri, Ikwerre, ogoni, ibibio, etc dream.

In summary, my point is that why the primary interest of Niger Deltans is resource control, Igbo primary interest is seperation from Nigeria with Niger delta as thier trophy. Igbo wants a nation where they can become the lord, control and dominate others. Since in Nigeria, Hausa and yoruba are ahead of them in the power struggle, they resort to blackmail and cry foul claiming marginalization.

if Nigeria will divide peacefully by United Nations referendum, south south will not join Biafra. Peaceful division of Nigeria can only be into a minimum of five countries (Arewa republic, Niger Middle belt, United Niger Delta, Oduwa republic, and Biafra). South South will form its own nation/nations. The only way south south and south east will form a single country like Biafra is if Nigeria divide by War because population will be important in size of Army.

My Igbo neighbour may not like this submission, but it is the bitter truth

HYPOCRISY is when YORUBA people claim some part of Kwara, Kogi, Lagos as Yoruba land when Igbos claim the Igbo speaking areas of some part of Delta, Rivers and Edo as part of Igbo land, YORUBA'S will start shouting land grabbing, oil thief, is this not hypocrisy at highest level, if Igbo go with only 5 Igbo state and leave the rest of the Igbo land, then Yoruba should leave Lagos, Kwara, Kogi and parts of Ondo ilaje axis alone.

2 Likes

Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by Yanks101: 9:47am On Oct 28, 2015

1 Like

Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by IPOB123london: 9:49am On Oct 28, 2015
The problem with a Black man is in his head. He just cannot reason like a human. Totally lack the capacity to reason.

That tells u everything u want to know.

To start with Nigéria itself is fraud but they are Happy suffering and smiling like they cant see the misery they living in.

Its funny when people say oh how come Igbo leaders blah blah. U mean ohaneze. As long as Nigeria is fraud then everything about it is meaningless.

So make no mistake Biafra is your only saviour not Even your private jet pastor come close.

In the end Biafra is here. We expect more of writing in the coming weeks

4 Likes

Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by calaway: 9:49am On Oct 28, 2015
Kagawa10:

Corrected!
For the records, Asaba were saboteurs who provided the means for Ojukwus to invade and attack the mid western region and Ore!
Hence, they deserve whatever that was meted on them.
Note eye for an eye...

saboteurs how? they gave ojukwu directions to ore? or they armed ojukwu s army?

Liars!!! so innocent women and children deserved to die? you pig!!!!

idiota where is anioma?

2 Likes

Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by wirinet(m): 9:52am On Oct 28, 2015
Goodboiyy:

Thank you brother. Are you itsekiri ?

The thing they vex me en. Its an insult to us.

Full blooded oton Iwere.

The thing vex me pass you. Imagine including Wafi in their phantom country.

5 Likes

Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by Nobody: 9:52am On Oct 28, 2015
Every day I wakes up from sleep..do u know my prayer and thinking ... Let's Biafra come...if I happened to be alive when it comes good ..if I died at d course of d struggle my soul..will rejoice and fine peace for ever...Biafra..or death...!!

2 Likes

Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by Ephemmm: 9:52am On Oct 28, 2015
Ciscogod:
Igbos can get biafra without forcing any other ethnic group in their struggle.

And what will they benefit if it is so? Biafra is Biafra: only a parasitic attempt by Ibo to manipulate other minorities within their jurisdiction.

5 Likes

Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by aylagos(m): 9:52am On Oct 28, 2015
ROYALD:

You need to go back to school.Listen Zoological republic schools in Nigeria doesn't teach you just a common sense ,the statement above simplify that not whole of Delta is Biafra as well part of Delta is Biafra and no doubt Igbo territory. DO I MAKE MYSELF PERFECTLY CLEAR?
no u make yourself perfectly stupid

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by badman007(m): 9:53am On Oct 28, 2015
Imagine Biafra with Orji Kalu or any past igbo governors as president... Una go suffer well well oh.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by front247: 9:53am On Oct 28, 2015
Continue to be slaves under d hausas/fulanis
Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by cheruv: 9:53am On Oct 28, 2015
Goodboiyy:

Igbo started it, They started the atrocities b4 Nigeria Army.. it was after the capture of Mid-West by Nigeria army that wen The asaba mascare happened (I was against that) . So stop crying fowl.. We choose not to talk about the atrocities of Biafra Army, But If you want me to tell you, I will.

so you better call your Kalu of a guy and tell him to Remove Warri from his map.. na that 1 they vex me and my people
gringringrin
You worry too much undecided
Kanu is only doing his work cool we the children of Igboland know our boundaries and certainly warri isn't part of them. You as a deltan should know that the boundaries between Anioma and core delta is well delineated and nothing would change that.
When Biafra comes,all Edoids(your Jekri people inclusive) would find out that you've been drinking panadol over nothing gringrin

5 Likes

Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by MacluvPH(m): 9:54am On Oct 28, 2015
atbu1983:
South South Niger Delta will never join biafra

Igbo are using the support they gave to Jonathan in 2015 election as blackmail to convert Niger delta struggle to biafra. Niger delta struggle is resource control and true federalism. This deception will not work. They only supported Jonathan because they got alot of appointments under Jonathan. They are just selfish and greedy people. Niger Delta Struggle is completely different from biafra agitation. Igbo supported Obasanjo against thier own son and hero Ojukwu in 2003 election, they should go and claim yoruba instead.

As far as I am concern Igbo, Yoruba and Hausa are all benefiting from the current system. After all an Igbo man Gen Agunyi Ironsi created the Unitary System for Nigeria in 1966 that we are complaining against today. Gen Agunyi Ironsi set the foundation for the destruction of regional federalism in Nigeria. if not for his love for total control and domination (The disease of an average Igbo man), Niger delta would have be enjoying 50% resource control today. When Isaac Adaka Boro wanted to form Ijaw Nation Republic in 1966 it was Igbo Head of State Gen Agunyi Ironsi that fought him with a 12 day war.

The Igbo claim to be one of us because some South South states were part of the old Eastern region. First of all, eastern region was created by Nigeria for Nigeria convenience. It was not a decision of the nationalities that made up the old eastern region. Secondly before most people forget, today Edo and Delta state were never at anytime part of eastern region. Edo and Delta states were first part of Western region later became Midwestern region, then change to Bendel state before becoming Edo and Delta state today. Some tribes speak Yoruba in Edo and Delta state. Why is yoruba not claiming Edo and Delta state the way igbo is claiming Rivers and Delta states because some people speak ibo in those states?

Igbo may have succeeded in brainwashing some South South people that they are one of us, it is a big lie. They may have succeeded in brainwashing some of us that only hausa and yoruba is the problem of South South, it is a big lie. They are the same as far as I am concern.

The problem with Igbo is greed, self-entitlement and born to rule, control and exploit mentality. Qatar is smaller than Bayelsa in population and half d size of Bayelsa state by landmass. Bayelsa is four times the size of Singapore. if Qatar and Singapore can be a country, why cant we have an Ijaw nation as a country? Do u think Ijaw people dont want to be like Qatar and enjoy their oil alone like Qatar does? Note: Bayelsa State is d smallest state in the south south by population and second to the last by landmass!!

Below is the size of south south states and south east states. South South is almost 3 times the size of south East.
Yet the population of South east is almost 80% of south south population base on 2006 census
. But by the time you add igbo who are currently leaving outside south east, you will discover that thier population is more than all the south south put together. More than 90% of the resources (oil, gas, limestones,etc) are in the south south. The whole of South East is landlock with no direct access to the sea or atlantic ocean. but almost all the south south states have direct assess to the sea and atlantic ocean. Some will say they have River Niger. River Niger is not a sea or an ocean for big Ships.

Tell me why South South Nations will want to form a country with south east if they have a choice ? all south east will bring to the table is population and domination? The total oil production from south east is not up to 10% of south south oil production!

If you are the leader of south south nations will you advice them to form a country with south east if they have the option of forming their own country alone? give a sincere answer!!

As far as I am concern, as unbrainwashed south south , there is no difference between the Igbo, Yoruba and Hausa. To me, these are three major tribe struggling and fighting for Supiriority. Whenever any of the three is loosing, he shout marginalization.

During Jonathan govt, the Igbos were gaining and were in control and were happy. The Yoruba were losing and were shouting marginalization. The hausa/fulani were not happy because they were not fully in control. For the North we can slightly understand because in the 16years of democracy (May 1999 to May 2015) the south ruled 13.3years while the North had just 2.7years

The Igbo don't love south south more than the hausa or Yoruba love us. All the three tribe are all struggling for the control of south south oil. None of the three is better than the other as far as we south south are concern.

The only place south south nationalities agree with Igbo is Nigeria should divide . However while south south clamour for succession is base on lack of true fiscal Federalism and resource control, on the other hand, igbo clamour for succession is base on IGBO BORN TO RULE, CONTROL AND EXPLOIT MENTALITY. Igbo make noise and claim d north have born to rule mentality because of Sokoto State former licence plate motto of born to rule which they have change. The People with the true born to rule mentality are d Igbo. it is because they are not having thier way that they are complaining and making all d noise all over Nigeria.

But how and why Nigeria will and should divide, what we want and what they want is as different as d distance of the earth to d moon.

South south want resource control or thier own freedom. we will support Biafra as Igbo only nation while they should support us to form our own nation or nations. But trying to add us as an appendage to Biafra will never happen.

If south south join Biafra, our individual identities will be wiped out in less than 50years. They will convert every south south nationality to Igbo. And they will so much take charge of the oil and resources with reckless abandon without any regard to d minorities.

LET EVERYONE FORMS HIS OWN NATION IF WE CAN'T GET 50% RESOURCE CONTROL. SOUTH SOUTH NATIONS DONT WANT IGBO, YORUBA OR HAUSA IN THIER NATION. WE DONT WANT ANY DOMINANT TRIBE TO CONTROL US IF OR WHEN NIGERIA DIVIDE.

They will argue that there are some igbo in rivers state, delta state and edo state. As far as i am concern Igbo speaking people in south south will join Niger delta republic or confederation. Their are Hausa people in Niger, there are Yoruba people in Benin Republic and Togo. Does that make those yoruba and hausa speaking people in those countries Nigerians?

The south south nationalities can form a confederation with United Arab Emirate template, where seven different nationalities came together to form a confederation with each nationality having some form of autonomy.

if the south east want to join the confederation they can join. We can't leave nigeria and go and form another normal single country were there is a dominant tribe. That will be moving from frying pan to fire.

Just like the United Ararb emirate asked qatar and behrain to join them, but qatar and behrain choose to form thier individual countries.

What Biafra represent is a single country with a powerful centre where a dominant tribe can control. South south dont want that. If we must fight or struggle for succession, we need a new name like "United State of niger delta" or any other name which clearly shows a union rather than a single country.

We need to set the record straight before south south nations make the mistake of south Sudan. It is more than Four years south sudan left
sudan to form thier country. Since that time south sudan has been in War while North Sudan enjoy peace. This was because nations in
south sudan came together to form a single country without ensuring that thier difference in ethnicity was fully discuss. Some
part of south sudan are now feeling marginalized. That is exactly what will happen if Igbo succeed in forcing south south nations into
Biafra. That so called Biafra wont have peace. It will be another Somalia!!!!

For peace to rain let Igbo form Biafra from the Five south east state and let the the six states in south south form a confederation or seperate nations. Anything outside this will never work.

I do not hate Igbo people. Many of my friends are Igbo. I only hate thier deceit and greed. what is good for the goose is good for the gander.
What we dont want is a dominant tribe simple. If south south join Biafra, that country will be 60% Igbo. How do you think other minorities can compete in that kind of country? Whether we like it or not we both know that Igbo are not diplomatic people by nature. That will lead to complete extinction of other tribe. in less than 50years they will make the whole Biafra Ibo without any consideration.

I dont hate Igbo. But i hate when i know the Biafra they seek is a Biafra with current south south as an appendage to it.
Why cant they support our freedom, and we will support thier freedom. Why do igbo make it look like it is wrong for Niger Delta people to seek thier own freedom outside Biafra? In biafra current south south minority will be like conquered people. God forbid that to happen.

a quote from Isaac Adaka Boro Autobiography (wriiten himself). Read Chapter 5 - Campus Politics
http://www.adakaboro.org/the12dayrev/chapter-5-campus-politics.
This was the campaign statement of his opponent for UNN SUG presidency:

"My opponent, Ejiogu, took the floor when I had finished, and what did he say? "Ladies and gentleman, this is a crucial time in Nigeria when we should not allow a vocal minority to rule an obvious majority
These words still ring in my memory because, as my opponent put it, they are crucial not only to me but to my people, the Ijaws. Most of the alien students walked out of the hall and it seemed as if a spell was cast on the atmosphere. The campaigns ended solemnly and the result of the election was again one way. Ejiogu won with his majority. The last minute strategy. A Cameroonian friend of mine, John Ngole, promptly resigned his secretaryship of the Historical Society in protest."

I am very sure that Nigeria will divide faster if Igbo seek Biafra with 5 south east state alone and Niger delta republic seek a country with the 6 South south states alone at the same time. Once the Hausa and Yoruba sees that Igbo are supporting a Niger Delta republic separate from Biafra, they will see it as true struggle. But if the struggle is about Biafra with south south in it, where Igbo will gain south south resources with Yoruba and Hausa loosing out, I bet you until South South oil finishes, Nigeria wont divide.

If we cant get resource control, we don't need to form a single country with Igbo, we can seek for our separate nation on two front simultaneously but not on one front. What we need is cooperation from Igbo not togetherness with Igbo. If they truly want to leave Nigeria and liberate Niger delta people from dominant tribes, they should support us to form our nation as they form thiers. I bet you when that happen, the struggle will be half won.

The Ojukwu Biafra was Igbo dream not Ijaw, Esan, Urhobo, Itsekiri, Ikwerre, ogoni, ibibio, etc dream.

In summary, my point is that why the primary interest of Niger Deltans is resource control, Igbo primary interest is seperation from Nigeria with Niger delta as thier trophy. Igbo wants a nation where they can become the lord, control and dominate others. Since in Nigeria, Hausa and yoruba are ahead of them in the power struggle, they resort to blackmail and cry foul claiming marginalization.

if Nigeria will divide peacefully by United Nations referendum, south south will not join Biafra. Peaceful division of Nigeria can only be into a minimum of five countries (Arewa republic, Niger Middle belt, United Niger Delta, Oduwa republic, and Biafra). South South will form its own nation/nations. The only way south south and south east will form a single country like Biafra is if Nigeria divide by War because population will be important in size of Army.

My Igbo neighbour may not like this submission, but it is the bitter truth

Buhari's internet foot soldiers dishing out their divide and rule article.

Mr man,it can't work now its not 1967 when we were misinformed and we betrayed our south east brothers,since after 1970 that the war ended what have the north led govt done for us rather they picked our weakling brother jonathan that will satisfy the north more to us.

Bros it can't work this time around,Is it not Northern led govt killed Ken saro wiwa,imagine such a blow.

I sound it as a last warning, we south south SUPPORTS BIAFRA, its better to give it a trial if it doesn't work we call for our own nation.

Cos achieving our own freedom under south east is easier than North.

To hell with north we gave them chance but they messed us up, no need for a second chance let's give BIAFRA a chance.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by odomanis: 9:54am On Oct 28, 2015
PassingShot:
Let Igbos fight for their secession without dragging other tribes into it. And if they go about it in a civilized manner, they might actually find sympathy and support from some other nationalities.

The current campaign of hate and violence against Nigeria WILL NEVER achieve Biafra for them. It has never worked and it will not work in Nigeria.

Think of Chechnya in Russia, Syrian civil war, Rwanda, and many other violent attempt at secession and tell me which one has been successful.

War no be beans. Make IPOB borrow themselves brain.

Violent attempts fail and violent attempts succeed too. It depends on the parties involved. Nobody prefers violence but ,when it becomes very obvious that the only way to have it is violence then it happens.

Actions lead to reactions but most people like you talk about reactions alone without looking at the actions that lead to them.

1 Like

Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by Nobody: 9:54am On Oct 28, 2015
mystical109:
Guy I am Igbo but I won't fail to commend u.u re so on point like decimal

2 Likes

Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by Nobody: 9:54am On Oct 28, 2015
why yoruba leave their blood, people and land (kwara) to hausa/Fulani and come be draging our blood brother(ss) with us. if the ss dnt want biafra fine by me bt let them not be against it....GOD BLESS BIAFRA

5 Likes

Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by mentorandfriend(m): 9:54am On Oct 28, 2015
Well, I'm an Igbo man, correct nwa afo; but then, I don't give a damn about Biafra.
It is an agitation of jobless, disgruntled elements who have refused to embrace industry/hardwork and intelligence in order to give their children a better future.

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by Ephemmm: 9:54am On Oct 28, 2015
blaqoracle:
Why bother yourself? The igbos dont have the capacity to wage war; they cant even defend their so called five states, let alone leading an invation. The current noise about biafra is an attempt to mask their political miscalculation and misadventure of supporting jonathan's failed 3rd term bid. However, jonathan has since recovered from the shock and moved, even edwin clark an avowed pugilistic supporter of jonathan have all moved on, yet the igbos are still ruminating over a defeat they can not undo.

It is the spirit that reveal this unto you and not a mere mortal tongue tongue tongue

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by Yanks101: 9:55am On Oct 28, 2015

2 Likes

Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by shogz89: 9:56am On Oct 28, 2015
Rayhut:
so lagos is not in the south West,, ndi ara.. Has yoruba ever forced any one to join them or secede.. You want to annex a whole region. What is yours will come to you if it's truly yours, don't start dragging people by force to support you in your quest for freedom

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by rusher14: 9:56am On Oct 28, 2015
fr3do:

Get lost!
Nobody wants your unproductive toutish asss or your oil!

Who is productive in your eyes?
Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by Jdtester: 9:57am On Oct 28, 2015
Euro31:
thank God u guys admit that some part of delta are Igbo territory ... We wouldn't force the other part to join us

Which other part are you talking about?
I'm from Igbo-speaking ANIOMA tribe of Delta State and on behalf of my people we CATEGORICALLY denounce BIAFRA.
you don't really have plans for us, just for our oil. We're peaceful and loving people, we don't subscriber to violence and tactless escapades.
YOU'RE WARNED!!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by scholes0(m): 9:58am On Oct 28, 2015
PedroJP:

Pls what language do they Niger Deltans speak ? Once Biafra comes, goats will be separated from the sheep without stress and dragging.

ohh...I thought every group that ties two piece wrapper is a born Biafran na
Abi no be so again?

Goat from Sheep ko, Turkey from Chicken ni ....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by sundayarukwe: 9:58am On Oct 28, 2015
dont mind that man he is looking for chop money from Buhari and he will never get it. by Gods willing the land of the raising sun shall come to pass one day on till that day, i new nations will be born and the host of Heaven will bless her more then all her brothers

1 Like

Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by Observant: 9:58am On Oct 28, 2015
MacluvPH:

Buhari's internet foot soldiers dishing out their divide and rule article.

Mr man,it can't work now its not 1967 when we were misinformed and we betrayed our south east brothers,since after 1970 that the war ended what have the north led govt done for us rather they picked our weakling brother jonathan that will satisfy the north more to us.

Bros it can't work this time around,Is it not Northern led govt killed Ken saro wiwa,imagine such a blow.

I sound it as a last warning, we south south SUPPORTS BIAFRA, its better to give it a trial if it doesn't work we call for our own nation.

Cos achieving our own freedom under south east is easier than North.

To hell with north we gave them chance but they messed us up, no need for a second chance let's give BIAFRA a chance.

Now this is a human being with a brain.....

3 Likes

Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by Observant: 9:59am On Oct 28, 2015
Jdtester:

I'm from Igbo-speaking ANIOMA tribe of Delta State and on behalf of my people we CATEGORICALLY denounce BIAFRA.
you don't really have plans for us, just for our oil. We're peaceful and loving people, we don't subscriber to violence and tactless escapades.
YOU'RE WARNED!!

I bu onye ala

3 Likes

Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by martineverest(m): 9:59am On Oct 28, 2015
Goodboiyy:
I don talk am before, No inch of itsekiri land will be ceded into Biafra, Its just so funny how kalu included us into Biafra without our approval.. (I guess he his interested in Our Oil). this is the same kalu that hates Bini and Yoruba, we they Watch.

Cc : Tonyebarcanista , Scholes0, Freemanan, truckpusher,

Hope my cry on this forum since have be proven ?
the same kalu have forgotten that most monarch in ss are under oba of bini. The more I hate bini, the more u lose s/s alliance.ibos need to realize that ss don't even like them

3 Likes

Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by Nobody: 9:59am On Oct 28, 2015
cheruv:

gringringrin
You worry too much undecided
Kanu is only doing his work cool we the children of Igboland know our boundaries and certainly warri isn't part of them. You as a deltan should know that the boundaries between Anioma and core delta is well delineated and nothing would change that.
When Biafra comes,all Edoids(your Jekri people inclusive) would find out that you've been drinking panadol over nothing gringrin
Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by Nobody: 10:00am On Oct 28, 2015
Jdtester:

YOU'RE WARNED!!
Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by PassingShot(m): 10:01am On Oct 28, 2015
odomanis:

Violent attempts fail and violent attempts succeed too. It depends on the parties involved. Nobody prefers violence but ,when it becomes very obvious that the only way to have it is violence then it happens.

Actions lead to reactions but most people like you talk about reactions alone without looking at the actions that lead to them.
And what are the evidences to suggest that violence is the only option open to Biafra in this case?

Has Biafra taken any known peaceful steps at secession that has been frustrated by the Nigerian government? If yes, kindly tell us what those steps are.

3 Likes

Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by Nobody: 10:01am On Oct 28, 2015
For me, the diverse shades of history disclosed by this thread is indicative of the need for the UN to clarify the status of the people groups in the region before throwing its weight behind the inalienable rights of the Igbo to self-determination.
I may sound unpopular but methinks the best option for the Igbo is not Biafra but reentrance. Reentrance into Nigeria by way of reorienting the next generation of Igbos. I say this for three reasons 1. Given the population of the Igbos and the land mass available to them it is inconceivable they will not need to exist in diaspora-and in large numbers too! 2. Chinua Achebe had this to say -"There is no doubt at all that there is a strand in contemporary Igbo behavior that can offend; by its noisy exhibitionism and disregard for humility and quietness." Correct this and the age long tendency to distrust The Igbos harbored by many will vanish into the resultant convivial amity. 3. I'll miss Igbo cuisine and my Igbo brethren whom I'll require a visa to access should they insist on leaving! So long

3 Likes

Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by Nobody: 10:02am On Oct 28, 2015
Yanks101:
That is the spirit. Freedom is not forced. Just get the SE states first and do what you want.
Everybody likes a success story. When the new nation becomes a success story, you would see people claiming to be igbo from their great great grand father's side.
Isreal was a complete wasteland that nobody wanted in the the 20th century before the european isreali were dumped there, now everybody wants to be isreali.
Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by badman007(m): 10:02am On Oct 28, 2015
500GP:
ITSHEKIRI IS A PART OF YORUBA SPEAKING TRIBE BEFORE, WHO WILL TAKE THEM SERIOUS..

#IN IBO'S VOICE

Hell no, we. Nor be Yoruba, definitely not igbo. If Nigeria taya any of una, make una try front, leave us for we place on our own

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

What Could President-elect Buhari Be Thinking In This Picture? / Busted - See Details Of The Fake News Websites Which Published Buhari’s Death / Dolapo Osinbajo Joins Instagram, See Her First 3 Posts(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 149
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.