Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,088 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:52 AM

Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic (44813 Views)

I Support The Agitation For Creation Of The Republc Of Biafra – Abdulrahman Alfa / UK Parliament Call For Creation Of Biafra. / Buhari Also Campaigned For Creation Of Biafra At United Nations Assembly.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by mbhs139(m): 10:02am On Oct 28, 2015
Aufbauh:
In other words,
I pledge to Nigeria my country (whether you called it a zoo)

To be faithful, loyal and honest (irrespective of political or ethnic divides),

And to defend her unity (I believe in the indivisible Nigeria with true federalism and anyone with a divergent view(s) is an enemy and I'll not hesitate to smoke out his/her life when it matters),

To uphold her honour and glory (honour and glory of the most populous black nation, the largest economy in Africa, the beauty in our diversities, [size=24pt]the sweet friendship i have kept with the yorubas, Igbos, Ijaws, Esans, Afemais, Tivs, Jukuns, Chambas, Igalas, Isokos, Ikwerres, Ibibios, Efiks, Kilbas, Eggons, Nupes, Ibirras, Bachamas, Beroms,Michikas, Marigis[/size] etc.

So help me God. Amen!

NB : I also want to use this opportunity to convey the message of we the good people of Benue state to the biafra crusaders that no part of our land should be included in their dillusional campaign.
Be well guided!

You can say that again bro. Is it the sweet fellowship of friendship I have enjoyed over the years that I would want trade for secession? My sweet fellowship with the likes of Broda Chichi, Broda Chibuzor, Broda Ifeanyi, Aunty Nne, Sister Sweku, Aunty Orka, Aunty Julie, Mr Madu, and co. This are the people that shaped my early life.

Or is it Kevwe, Odafe, Omokhape, Teinade, Peredenray, Aniekan, and a host others too numerous to mention that I will now require a visa to go and pay a visit...? Tufiakwa...God forbid?! So, if any of these people's child/children wants to do wedding now, I will now go and que at one stupid and lousy embassy that I want to collect visa to one lousy Biafra... Nonsense!

7 Likes

Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by Nobody: 10:02am On Oct 28, 2015
Jdtester:

Which other part are you talking about?
I'm from Igbo-speaking ANIOMA tribe of Delta State and on behalf of my people we CATEGORICALLY denounce BIAFRA.
you don't really have plans for us, just for our oil. We're peaceful and loving people, we don't subscriber to violence and tactless escapades.
YOU'RE WARNED!!
ugomba

What do u have to see concerning this yellowbar impostor ?
Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by hamzeiy: 10:03am On Oct 28, 2015
Euro31:
why not go to Anioma nd make this same statement ,.. Lets see if u will come back with ur head intact
this pathetic way of reasoning is why ...you are hated in every part of the country...you cant force you way out of a problem by disrespecting other pple...The igbos will never rule this country..they are the most un diplomatic pple in nigeria .they believe in force and dts exactlly what lead to the civil war...i hope the try breaking away from nigeria so that true nigerians like us will have the oppurtunity to once again reduce their stupid population for the nxt 50 years...God bless nigeria...Nd the curse of God on biafra

3 Likes

Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by Nobody: 10:03am On Oct 28, 2015
Donuc27:
why yoruba leave their blood, people and land (kwara) to hausa/Fulani and come be draging our blood brother(ss) with us. if the ss dnt want biafra fine by me bt let them not be against it....GOD BLESS BIAFRA
HYPOCRISY is when YORUBA people claim some part of Kwara, Kogi, Lagos as Yoruba land when Igbos claim the Igbo speaking areas of some part of Delta, Rivers and Edo as part of Igbo land, YORUBA'S will start shouting land grabbing, oil thief, is this not hypocrisy at highest level, if Igbo go with only 5 Igbo state and leave the rest of the Igbo land, then Yoruba should leave Lagos, Kwara, Kogi and parts of Ondo ilaje axis alone.
Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by forgiveness: 10:04am On Oct 28, 2015
@Goodboiyy

I have always respected that but what do you say about the article below. No be me write am oooo.

Yoruba Assembly tells Jonathan 0
BY OUR REPORTER ON MARCH 20, 2015 POLITICS
From OLUSEYE OJO, Ibadan

Yoruba leaders led by former Chief of Defence Staff, Gen Alani Akinrinade (retd), yesterday, told President Godoluck Jonathan that Yoruba people would not accept an Interim National Government (ING), Government of National Unity (GNU) or any other form of unelected government.

They demanded that this year’s general elections must hold as re-scheduled on March 28 and April 11, insisting also that the exercise must be free, fair, credible, and transparent.

Yoruba leaders made the call at the Yoruba Assembly entitled: “Yoruba People: Our Aspirations and Minimum Demands from the Central Government of Nigeria”, which was convened by Akinrinade at Ibadan.

A communique issued at the end of the conference reads in part: “Yoruba people hereby state categorically that the general elections scheduled to commence on Saturday, March 28, 2015 must not be postponed or jeopardised. Yoruba people will not countenance any form of unelected government, be it Government of National Unity, Interim National Government or howsoever described.”

The leaders warned that the over 50 million population of Yoruba people would not hesitate to take their destiny in their own hands in the event of any attempt to compromise their democratic existence.

The summit was attended by leaders of Yoruba nation, current and past governors of Yoruba States, traditional rulers and their representatives, officials of various civic and professional agencies of Yoruba extraction at home and in the diaspora.

They include vice presidential candidate of the All Pprogressives Congress (APC), Prof Yemi Osinbajo; governors Rauf Aregbesola of Osun State and Abiola Ajimobi of Oyo State; former governors of Ekiti State, Dr. Kayode Fayemi and Otunba Niyi Adebayo; a prominent Itsekiri leader in Delta State, Chief Rita Lori-Ogbebor; former governor of Osun State, Prince Olagunsoye Oyinlola; and former military governor of Mid-Western State, Gen Samuel Ogbemudia (retd).

The Yoruba Assembly also frowned on the protest staged by thousands of Oodua Peoples Congress (OPC) members and the Coalition of Concerned Nigerians loyal to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) on Monday in Lagos against the chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Prof Attahiru Jega..

6 Likes

Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by forgiveness: 10:04am On Oct 28, 2015
Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by eminikansoso(m): 10:04am On Oct 28, 2015
oyem4u:
WARRI—THE Itsekiri ethnic nationality of Warri,
Delta State, has dissociated itself from the calls for
creation of a Biafra Republic out of Nigeria as being
drummed by some Igbo interest groups in the
South-East.

The Itsekiri Leaders of Thought, ILT, expressed the
group’s concern over the Igbo agitation
yesterday in a statement by its Chairman, Pa
Johnson Ayomike and Secretary, Edward Ekpoko.

The body is disturbed that the proposed Biafra
Republic as widely reported in the social media
includes the whole of Delta State.

The statement stressed: “We recall with pains the
day the defunct Biafran Army invaded Warri and
Benin in the then Midwest Region on August 9,

Never again will the Itsekiri tolerate such
invasion. The Itsekiri nation is committed to the
unity of Nigeria and will do all it can to promote and protect it as one indivisible country.

As Major
General Philip Effiong said on January 14 1970, the
Republic of Biafra ceased to exist. We, the Itsekiri,
wish it to be eternally so for the peace and
development of our great nation.”

source - http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/10/itsekiri-nation-disowns-calls-for-creation-of-biafra-republic/

LOBATAN [size=8pt][/size]grin grin grin
Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by cheruv: 10:04am On Oct 28, 2015
scholes0:

lool, when the Itsekiris come out to deny Biafra, it is because you have "never involved them", but when The Ijaws, Ibibios, etc come out to do the same, It becomes "Oh.... they are only coming out to please their paymasters"
Listen, no well thinking Ijaw man will leave their brothers in Ondo, Edo (Ovia SW), Delta (Ogbe Ijo, Burutu, Bomadi, Patani) and Western Bayelsa behind , just so as to form some phantom Banana republic with igbos
I want you to do something for me...look at this maps very well

You'd see that the colonizers knew ijo land very well and carved them into 3 divisions viz Western ijaw, brass and degema divisions. These areas are not needed by Igbos and even if they secede with us,we'd do as Malaysia did to Singapore by expelling these areas from Biafra.
Like I told Goodboiyy,you're just taking panadol over a phantom headache smiley

1 Like

Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by eminikansoso(m): 10:05am On Oct 28, 2015
oyem4u:
WARRI—THE Itsekiri ethnic nationality of Warri,
Delta State, has dissociated itself from the calls for
creation of a Biafra Republic out of Nigeria as being
drummed by some Igbo interest groups in the
South-East.

The Itsekiri Leaders of Thought, ILT, expressed the
group’s concern over the Igbo agitation
yesterday in a statement by its Chairman, Pa
Johnson Ayomike and Secretary, Edward Ekpoko.

The body is disturbed that the proposed Biafra
Republic as widely reported in the social media
includes the whole of Delta State.

The statement stressed: “We recall with pains the
day the defunct Biafran Army invaded Warri and
Benin in the then Midwest Region on August 9,

Never again will the Itsekiri tolerate such
invasion. The Itsekiri nation is committed to the
unity of Nigeria and will do all it can to promote and protect it as one indivisible country.

As Major
General Philip Effiong said on January 14 1970, the
Republic of Biafra ceased to exist. We, the Itsekiri,
wish it to be eternally so for the peace and
development of our great nation.”

source - http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/10/itsekiri-nation-disowns-calls-for-creation-of-biafra-republic/

[b]LOBATAN D grin grin
Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by okpukpu(m): 10:05am On Oct 28, 2015
You guyz are not even happy that the GREAT BIAFRA a.k.a the light of Africa stoop so low to identify with you wretched people.
You guys should go and bleep yourselves, we dont need you!! go your way, period!!!
Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by Nobody: 10:06am On Oct 28, 2015
Babzrockman:
Igbos only wanted to add south south region to their ranks because of the crude oil.
i wish the crude finishes then i'll what u people ll become when nigeria eventually divide
Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by Jesusloveyou: 10:06am On Oct 28, 2015
Observant:
The hypocrisy of Niger-Delta is thinking that any igbo group in South-South will join (Bini, Esan, itserkiri, ijaw etc) in one country same as the hypocrisy is Baifra believing that itserkiri, ijaw etc of today will join them in one country.

So stop the noise making, Biafra will not include you all neither will your niger- delta (which by the way Abia and IMO is currently part of ) include any igbo Group or igboid. Be it anioma etc.
to stop dis unnecessary argument, is better for abia,imo and ondo to be included in Niger delta republic,

2 Likes

Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by Nobody: 10:07am On Oct 28, 2015
Babzrockman:
Igbos only wanted to add south south region to their ranks because of the crude oil.
i wish the crude finishes then i'll see what u people ll become without biafra when nigeria eventually divide...

igbos dont need ur so called crude oil, what we just need is sea port..
Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by poundlander: 10:07am On Oct 28, 2015
IGBOPRINCE:
are you now the spokeperson for the aniomas? I smell personal interest in trying to take aniomas from igbos? Lol
You re all over the threads like a parasite causing disunity btw igbos and their brothers in south south.

Is edo state afraid of going with the yorubas? Must you create false information on nairaland just to keep nigerian as one?
Why not calm down till destiny plays her own part ? Referendum must be issue to them.
No matter how worst you try to paints an igbo man bad or good. Greedy or selfish. It won't stop the blessings of God upon an average biafran citizens.

God in his infinite mercy will not allowed his wish to be forgotten.
Keep playing with false information on nairaland against ndigbos. It won't stop the programs and destiny God has for the great biafrans.

You re being hash on ndiigbo cos you re in pained. Yes we will keep saying it that edos is not part of biafra, go and answer odua citizens.
However my edo friend told me, oduduwa is from benin kingdom. Though yorubas re disputing that, cos mostly believe he falls from the sky or heavens.
That s another topic for another day.

Leave biafran alone or biafrans will torments your life in due seasons.
He that speaketh evils against biafra, evils and restless mind shall never departs from his household.

Keep writing to make yourself feel good but
Be warned. sad
My take.
But He that has spoke evils of Nigeria, evils and restless mind shall never departs from His household. Do you know the numbers of churches and mosques that pray against the enemies of Nigeria on a daily basis? Or is Biafra Nigeria's friend?

1 Like

Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by martineverest(m): 10:08am On Oct 28, 2015
Mullatoclaro, shops Spanishkid food is ready
Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by stinggy(m): 10:08am On Oct 28, 2015
Goodboiyy:
I don talk am before, No inch of itsekiri land will be ceded into Biafra, Its just so funny how kalu included us into Biafra without our approval.. (I guess he his interested in Our Oil). this is the same kalu that hates Bini and Yoruba, we they Watch.

Cc : Tonyebar..canista , Sch..oles0, Free..manan, truckp..usher,

Hope my cry on this forum since have be proven ?

Very unthinkable Itsekiri join Biafra I laugh in the same Itsekiri grin

Just as you said; we dey watch dem jokers cheesy cheesy
Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by NaijaFutbol: 10:08am On Oct 28, 2015
atbu1983:
South South Niger Delta will never join biafra

Igbo are using the support they gave to Jonathan in 2015 election as blackmail to convert Niger delta struggle to biafra. Niger delta struggle is resource control and true federalism. This deception will not work. They only supported Jonathan because they got alot of appointments under Jonathan. They are just selfish and greedy people. Niger Delta Struggle is completely different from biafra agitation. Igbo supported Obasanjo against thier own son and hero Ojukwu in 2003 election, they should go and claim yoruba instead.

As far as I am concern Igbo, Yoruba and Hausa are all benefiting from the current system. After all an Igbo man Gen Agunyi Ironsi created the Unitary System for Nigeria in 1966 that we are complaining against today. Gen Agunyi Ironsi set the foundation for the destruction of regional federalism in Nigeria. if not for his love for total control and domination (The disease of an average Igbo man), Niger delta would have be enjoying 50% resource control today. When Isaac Adaka Boro wanted to form Ijaw Nation Republic in 1966 it was Igbo Head of State Gen Agunyi Ironsi that fought him with a 12 day war.

The Igbo claim to be one of us because some South South states were part of the old Eastern region. First of all, eastern region was created by Nigeria for Nigeria convenience. It was not a decision of the nationalities that made up the old eastern region. Secondly before most people forget, today Edo and Delta state were never at anytime part of eastern region. Edo and Delta states were first part of Western region later became Midwestern region, then change to Bendel state before becoming Edo and Delta state today. Some tribes speak Yoruba in Edo and Delta state. Why is yoruba not claiming Edo and Delta state the way igbo is claiming Rivers and Delta states because some people speak ibo in those states?

Igbo may have succeeded in brainwashing some South South people that they are one of us, it is a big lie. They may have succeeded in brainwashing some of us that only hausa and yoruba is the problem of South South, it is a big lie. They are the same as far as I am concern.

The problem with Igbo is greed, self-entitlement and born to rule, control and exploit mentality. Qatar is smaller than Bayelsa in population and half d size of Bayelsa state by landmass. Bayelsa is four times the size of Singapore. if Qatar and Singapore can be a country, why cant we have an Ijaw nation as a country? Do u think Ijaw people dont want to be like Qatar and enjoy their oil alone like Qatar does? Note: Bayelsa State is d smallest state in the south south by population and second to the last by landmass!!

Below is the size of south south states and south east states. South South is almost 3 times the size of south East.
Yet the population of South east is almost 80% of south south population base on 2006 census
. But by the time you add igbo who are currently leaving outside south east, you will discover that thier population is more than all the south south put together. More than 90% of the resources (oil, gas, limestones,etc) are in the south south. The whole of South East is landlock with no direct access to the sea or atlantic ocean. but almost all the south south states have direct assess to the sea and atlantic ocean. Some will say they have River Niger. River Niger is not a sea or an ocean for big Ships.

Tell me why South South Nations will want to form a country with south east if they have a choice ? all south east will bring to the table is population and domination? The total oil production from south east is not up to 10% of south south oil production!

If you are the leader of south south nations will you advice them to form a country with south east if they have the option of forming their own country alone? give a sincere answer!!

As far as I am concern, as unbrainwashed south south , there is no difference between the Igbo, Yoruba and Hausa. To me, these are three major tribe struggling and fighting for Supiriority. Whenever any of the three is loosing, he shout marginalization.

During Jonathan govt, the Igbos were gaining and were in control and were happy. The Yoruba were losing and were shouting marginalization. The hausa/fulani were not happy because they were not fully in control. For the North we can slightly understand because in the 16years of democracy (May 1999 to May 2015) the south ruled 13.3years while the North had just 2.7years

The Igbo don't love south south more than the hausa or Yoruba love us. All the three tribe are all struggling for the control of south south oil. None of the three is better than the other as far as we south south are concern.

The only place south south nationalities agree with Igbo is Nigeria should divide . However while south south clamour for succession is base on lack of true fiscal Federalism and resource control, on the other hand, igbo clamour for succession is base on IGBO BORN TO RULE, CONTROL AND EXPLOIT MENTALITY. Igbo make noise and claim d north have born to rule mentality because of Sokoto State former licence plate motto of born to rule which they have change. The People with the true born to rule mentality are d Igbo. it is because they are not having thier way that they are complaining and making all d noise all over Nigeria.

But how and why Nigeria will and should divide, what we want and what they want is as different as d distance of the earth to d moon.

South south want resource control or thier own freedom. we will support Biafra as Igbo only nation while they should support us to form our own nation or nations. But trying to add us as an appendage to Biafra will never happen.

If south south join Biafra, our individual identities will be wiped out in less than 50years. They will convert every south south nationality to Igbo. And they will so much take charge of the oil and resources with reckless abandon without any regard to d minorities.

LET EVERYONE FORMS HIS OWN NATION IF WE CAN'T GET 50% RESOURCE CONTROL. SOUTH SOUTH NATIONS DONT WANT IGBO, YORUBA OR HAUSA IN THIER NATION. WE DONT WANT ANY DOMINANT TRIBE TO CONTROL US IF OR WHEN NIGERIA DIVIDE.

They will argue that there are some igbo in rivers state, delta state and edo state. As far as i am concern Igbo speaking people in south south will join Niger delta republic or confederation. Their are Hausa people in Niger, there are Yoruba people in Benin Republic and Togo. Does that make those yoruba and hausa speaking people in those countries Nigerians?

The south south nationalities can form a confederation with United Arab Emirate template, where seven different nationalities came together to form a confederation with each nationality having some form of autonomy.

if the south east want to join the confederation they can join. We can't leave nigeria and go and form another normal single country were there is a dominant tribe. That will be moving from frying pan to fire.

Just like the United Ararb emirate asked qatar and behrain to join them, but qatar and behrain choose to form thier individual countries.

What Biafra represent is a single country with a powerful centre where a dominant tribe can control. South south dont want that. If we must fight or struggle for succession, we need a new name like "United State of niger delta" or any other name which clearly shows a union rather than a single country.

We need to set the record straight before south south nations make the mistake of south Sudan. It is more than Four years south sudan left
sudan to form thier country. Since that time south sudan has been in War while North Sudan enjoy peace. This was because nations in
south sudan came together to form a single country without ensuring that thier difference in ethnicity was fully discuss. Some
part of south sudan are now feeling marginalized. That is exactly what will happen if Igbo succeed in forcing south south nations into
Biafra. That so called Biafra wont have peace. It will be another Somalia!!!!

For peace to rain let Igbo form Biafra from the Five south east state and let the the six states in south south form a confederation or seperate nations. Anything outside this will never work.

I do not hate Igbo people. Many of my friends are Igbo. I only hate thier deceit and greed. what is good for the goose is good for the gander.
What we dont want is a dominant tribe simple. If south south join Biafra, that country will be 60% Igbo. How do you think other minorities can compete in that kind of country? Whether we like it or not we both know that Igbo are not diplomatic people by nature. That will lead to complete extinction of other tribe. in less than 50years they will make the whole Biafra Ibo without any consideration.

I dont hate Igbo. But i hate when i know the Biafra they seek is a Biafra with current south south as an appendage to it.
Why cant they support our freedom, and we will support thier freedom. Why do igbo make it look like it is wrong for Niger Delta people to seek thier own freedom outside Biafra? In biafra current south south minority will be like conquered people. God forbid that to happen.

a quote from Isaac Adaka Boro Autobiography (wriiten himself). Read Chapter 5 - Campus Politics
http://www.adakaboro.org/the12dayrev/chapter-5-campus-politics.
This was the campaign statement of his opponent for UNN SUG presidency:

"My opponent, Ejiogu, took the floor when I had finished, and what did he say? "Ladies and gentleman, this is a crucial time in Nigeria when we should not allow a vocal minority to rule an obvious majority
These words still ring in my memory because, as my opponent put it, they are crucial not only to me but to my people, the Ijaws. Most of the alien students walked out of the hall and it seemed as if a spell was cast on the atmosphere. The campaigns ended solemnly and the result of the election was again one way. Ejiogu won with his majority. The last minute strategy. A Cameroonian friend of mine, John Ngole, promptly resigned his secretaryship of the Historical Society in protest."

I am very sure that Nigeria will divide faster if Igbo seek Biafra with 5 south east state alone and Niger delta republic seek a country with the 6 South south states alone at the same time. Once the Hausa and Yoruba sees that Igbo are supporting a Niger Delta republic separate from Biafra, they will see it as true struggle. But if the struggle is about Biafra with south south in it, where Igbo will gain south south resources with Yoruba and Hausa loosing out, I bet you until South South oil finishes, Nigeria wont divide.

If we cant get resource control, we don't need to form a single country with Igbo, we can seek for our separate nation on two front simultaneously but not on one front. What we need is cooperation from Igbo not togetherness with Igbo. If they truly want to leave Nigeria and liberate Niger delta people from dominant tribes, they should support us to form our nation as they form thiers. I bet you when that happen, the struggle will be half won.

The Ojukwu Biafra was Igbo dream not Ijaw, Esan, Urhobo, Itsekiri, Ikwerre, ogoni, ibibio, etc dream.

In summary, my point is that why the primary interest of Niger Deltans is resource control, Igbo primary interest is seperation from Nigeria with Niger delta as thier trophy. Igbo wants a nation where they can become the lord, control and dominate others. Since in Nigeria, Hausa and yoruba are ahead of them in the power struggle, they resort to blackmail and cry foul claiming marginalization.

if Nigeria will divide peacefully by United Nations referendum, south south will not join Biafra. Peaceful division of Nigeria can only be into a minimum of five countries (Arewa republic, Niger Middle belt, United Niger Delta, Oduwa republic, and Biafra). South South will form its own nation/nations. The only way south south and south east will form a single country like Biafra is if Nigeria divide by War because population will be important in size of Army.

My Igbo neighbour may not like this submission, but it is the bitter truth

Your argument is good.
Your perspective about the Igbo's and their struggle is however skewed.

The loss of the Biafran War has ensured that Rivers Igbo and Delta Igbo regions have been cultured not only to hate their Igbo ties but suspect whatever any other Igbo man does.

True federalism will cure most of Nigeria's unity problems. Including what the Igbo's seek.

All an Igbo man needs is a conducive environment to do business.
Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by hamzeiy: 10:09am On Oct 28, 2015
Rayhut:

HYPOCRISY is when YORUBA people claim some part of Kwara, Kogi, Lagos as Yoruba land when Igbos claim the Igbo speaking areas of some part of Delta, Rivers and Edo as part of Igbo land, YORUBA'S will start shouting land grabbing, oil thief, is this not hypocrisy at highest level, if Igbo go with only 5 Igbo state and leave the rest of the Igbo land, then Yoruba should leave Lagos, Kwara, Kogi and parts of Ondo ilaje axis alone.
yoruba shouldnt claim lagos ,ondo?...oh my God!!! you must be sick...anyway i blame the yorubas fr ds nonsense...u should try this in kano..aftrall igbos virtually occupy the whole of sabon gari kano..but we have made them know their position unlike the lagosians...
fyi..am a kogites and we have alot of history with the yorubas..maybe ur ignorance has made you not to realise kogi was part of the old kwara nd benue stste

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by Haywhymido(m): 10:09am On Oct 28, 2015
Babzrockman:
dose pile of sh¡ts are cunning.

1 Like

Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by scholes0(m): 10:09am On Oct 28, 2015
cheruv:

I want you to do something for me...look at this maps very well

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3007545_map5_jpega5b77f7849d09e5b8ab516f2496d3c98

You'd see that the colonizers knew ijo land very well and carved them into 3 divisions viz Western ijaw, brass and degema divisions. These areas are not needed by Igbos and even if they secede with us,we'd do as Malaysia did to Singapore by expelling these areas from Biafra.
Like I told Goodboiyy,you're just taking panadol over a phantom headache smiley

In the same map by the colonizers, Aboh, Ukwale, Ika are all under the Western region (Benin Subdivision)
So Yes, the colonizers knew the history of these places quite well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by IPOB123london: 10:09am On Oct 28, 2015
Biafra is here and there is nothing anybody can do about it.

Once again Biafra is here

Watch out all of yall. Biafra is here

And there nothing anybody can do about.

Biafra is more than a country.

1 Like

Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by demelza: 10:11am On Oct 28, 2015
tsdarkside:

you just have to have only 100 igbos in your area,then your area is Biafra automaticaly for them....strange people....
LMAO!!!!
The true definition of vermin. Thats what they are and they should be seen and treated as such.

7 Likes

Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by Yanks101: 10:11am On Oct 28, 2015
Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by Ciscogod(m): 10:12am On Oct 28, 2015
Ephemmm:

And what will they benefit if it is so? Biafra is Biafra: only a parasitic attempt by Ibo to manipulate other minorities within their jurisdiction.

If the igbo speaking part of Nigeria thinks that is what is beneficiary for them. Let it be it.

If yorubas decide to form oduduwa republic today. They will not force yoruba speaking part of Edo and kwara
Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by hamzeiy: 10:16am On Oct 28, 2015
NaijaFutbol:

Your argument is good.
Your perspective about the Igbo's and their struggle is however skewed.

The loss of the Biafran War has ensured that Rivers Igbo and Delta Igbo regions have been cultured not only to hate their Igbo ties but suspect whatever any other Igbo man does.

True federalism will cure most of Nigeria's unity problems. Including what the Igbo's seek.

All an Igbo man needs is a conducive environment to do business.
so all the environment you have now fr business isnt enough...your pple are in kano,lagos ,even kaduna central market doing their business without harasmnt...but you want the pple to alow yours to decide the fate of the state before you feel the environment is conducive abi? considering the fact that we dont have hausa or yoruba traders making issues in aba or onitcha market should keep you shut...the truth remains the fact that your pple are undiplomatic..domineering and ungreatfull...we wont take that expecially in the north..very soon the lagosian will put you were you belong

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by demelza: 10:19am On Oct 28, 2015
mryoungdon:
Every day I wakes up from sleep..do u know my prayer and thinking ... Let's Biafra come...if I happened to be alive when it comes good ..if I died at d course of d struggle my soul..will rejoice and fine peace for ever...Biafra..or death...!!
Concentrate that energy taking a literacy class. It will serve you better.

6 Likes

Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by cheruv: 10:19am On Oct 28, 2015
Rayhut:

gringringrin
But seriously I'd not wanna bother now about those oil barbarian tribes beyond the Western frontier.when the time comes I'd put them where they belong angry
Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by Nobody: 10:20am On Oct 28, 2015
Yanks101:
My friend, the majority of scottish don't hate the UK atleast the referendum proved it right. It is a no brainer too.
Ojukwu was prepared for a referendum, which would have been very decisive and total. He publicly called for a referendum,but Gowon the illiterate savage was hell bent on war.
Nigeria is not civilized at all.
The only body responsible for referendum is the UN. The igbos don't need to be liked by the yoruba or whoever to get a referendum. They just need to get the attention of the UN, which i think is what IPOB is currently trying to do.

[size=15pt]Bro, The UN is a rational body. If Biafra goes, the south south will go, the west, the north central, the core north will also divide. This magnitude of division cannot be achieved without conflict on a large scale, something the UN stands against. Considering the plight of the Biafrans, there is no cogent reason the Biafrans want to go that supersedes the consequence of that separation.

Men who have the power to support this Biafran cause are folding arms simply because they have major interests in the unity of the country, there is much gain for them. I heard last that main constraint of the biafran cause is finances (According to reports after the IPOB meeting in New york some months back).

Plus micro evidences of lack of a pure purpose by the biafrans though these regular hate speeches of even establishing a radio station to spread hatred, and encourage violence is a fail, and that is why the DSS can comfortably arrest any pro biafran leader (who should help further the cause) today simply because he is committing treasonable offences, something even the UN cant do anything about because Nigeria is a sovereign state....

Honestly i as a Yoruba man wishes Nigeria separates, and i am sure a Hausa man would say the same (many thanks to the biafrans). But what i know is Nigeria is not ready. We are not mature enough for even a referendum (something every tribe is responsible for), until we all put hands on deck and become less animalistic in our approaches, we then can all decide "guys we have had a good run together, its time to seperate amicably"... It is a journey we must go through, any cutting of corners now would shock the nation into strong reaction and annhilation of numerous innocent citizens like the 60's which no one deserves.

[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by Observant: 10:20am On Oct 28, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
to stop dis unnecessary argument, is better for abia,imo and ondo to be included in Niger delta republic,

Ok Abia and IMO will be part of Niger-Delta republic too... LOL.

Guy I get AY number, he can hook you up with a night of thousand laughs, thank me later for helping you identify your talent.
Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by Nobody: 10:21am On Oct 28, 2015
hamzeiy:
this pathetic way of reasoning is why ...you are hated in every part of the country...you cant force you way out of a problem by disrespecting other pple...The igbos will never rule this country..they are the most un diplomatic pple in nigeria .they believe in force and dts exactlly what lead to the civil war...i hope the try breaking away from nigeria so that true nigerians like us will have the oppurtunity to once again reduce their stupid population for the nxt 50 years...God bless nigeria...Nd the curse of God on biafra
You think that if war break out that you will have monopoly of killing people and they will be looking at you, one drop of nuclear or atomic bomb in any part of Nigeria is enough wipe out anybody living in Nigeria, If Nigeria start killing igbos rampantly, Igbos will retaliate by dropping dropping chemical, biological weapons and nuclear and atomic bomb in the west, north and everybody living in Nigeria will die then Ghana and other African country will come and take over Nigerian land, 1967 is not 2015, say no to WAR or genocide agenda.
Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by Guyman02: 10:21am On Oct 28, 2015
The mere fact that this issue has become a national daily discuss means that the agitators are really on course and have achieved something significant.
Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by Yanks101: 10:23am On Oct 28, 2015

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply)

"Ebubeagu Must Go!", Massive Protest Hits Imo State (Video, Pics) / "President Buhari Is Sick, Fayose Is A Mad Man" – Oshiomhole / Adam Namadi Asks Delegates To Return His Money After Losing PDP Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.