Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,441 members, 7,816,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:19 PM

Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic (44806 Views)

I Support The Agitation For Creation Of The Republc Of Biafra – Abdulrahman Alfa / UK Parliament Call For Creation Of Biafra. / Buhari Also Campaigned For Creation Of Biafra At United Nations Assembly.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by Nobody: 9:34am On Oct 28, 2015

2 Likes

Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by Nobody: 9:34am On Oct 28, 2015
forgiveness:

Are you sure the Itsekiri's are not Yoruba?

Are you sure they don't see themselves as Yoruba?

Who is/are Yoruba's?

Oga I don't have time to argue baseless argument. Itsekiri is not Yoruba.. respect that decision.. thanks

3 Likes

Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by Yanks101: 9:35am On Oct 28, 2015
Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by forgiveness: 9:35am On Oct 28, 2015
Goodboiyy:

Let me Educate you.

Itsekiri is not Yoruba, How many times I go shout am for this forum ?.

Itsekiri are people if the Niger Deltan , They speak a language almost thesame with Ilaje and Yoruba and share culture with Edo/Urhobo..

Are you sure the Itsekiri's are not Yoruba?

Are you sure they don't see themselves as Yoruba?

Who is/are Yoruba's?
Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by PassingShot(m): 9:36am On Oct 28, 2015
Slimvincent:
IPOB, and nt IPOD.. Guess u looking for cheap likes
Keep wailing over a simple typo. Na you sabi.

2 Likes

Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by scholes0(m): 9:36am On Oct 28, 2015
Setaje:

Sorry the igbos committed terrible atrocities. My dad saw everything. If not for the Nigerian troops, they would have taken over naija delta wiv the help of the anioma. Anioma people secretly helped biafra. But when the Nigerian troops came in they were d same people pointing out who the real igbos were and denied being pure igbo. My dad's principal was killed in front of them. The Igbo troops killed a lot of minority groups. Starting from porthacourt.

The only people I think that might be loyal to your course is anioma. As far as I no, they have never been trusted by pure delta people. Just as u people see them as fake igbos, the Nigerian delta see them as traitors. That's my observation. But my friend amaka will never agree she is igbo. Strange.

loooooooooooooooool

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by Observant: 9:37am On Oct 28, 2015
Goodboiyy:

Igbo started it, They started the atrocities b4 Nigeria Army.. it was after the capture of Mid-West by Nigeria army that wen The asaba mascare happened (I was against that) . So stop crying fowl.. We choose not to talk about the atrocities of Biafra Army, But If you want me to tell you, I will.

so you better call your Kalu of a guy and tell him to Remove Warri from his map.. na that 1 they vex me and my people

Igbos started it by defending there territory?
Igbos marched up north to kill Nigeria army first ba?
Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by Nobody: 9:37am On Oct 28, 2015
kaycid77:
SO HOW COME THIS IS THE ONLY BIAFRA NEWS THAT MAKES FRONT PAGE.......

[size=16pt]ITSEKIRIS ARE YORUBAS, THEY WERE NEVER PART OF BIAFRA[/size]

They are not Yoruba

2 Likes

Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by tsdarkside(m): 9:38am On Oct 28, 2015
omenka:
I was so irritated the other day when some of them even carved out a chunk of Benue state into their imaginary country.

You just can't believe the arrogance! angry

you just have to have only 100 igbos in your area,then your area is Biafra automaticaly for them....strange people....

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by Nobody: 9:38am On Oct 28, 2015
Yanks101:
Dosen't mean biafra would. The UK is a first world union.
I am not surprised the scottish referendum did not pass. Which sensible person wants to leave the UK?
Nigeria is a third world cesspit, a disgrace and a huge mess. A referendum would have very different results in Nigeria.

[size=15pt]The scottish hate UK as much as biafrans hate Nigeria. You will never see any good in Nigeria simply because you dont want to, it is normal human nature to hate anything that stand against its freewill.

If Biafrans have tried referendum as the first solution the biafran vison might have become a reality by now, but instead, you worked at making enemies of most of Nigeria, sowed discord in every way you possibly can like hatred, abuse and brash statements are yours.... Now it is an unwritten law that no biafran would be leader, neither would Nigeria split (unfortunately). Biafran dream right now is like a goat in the clutches of a python, the more the struggle, the tighter the grip. Now the dislike is actually real (unlike before where it was indifference for most) and no one would pick guns, only politically would the region be punished......[/size]

9 Likes

Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by Ballmer: 9:38am On Oct 28, 2015
Euro31:
thank God u guys admit that some part of delta are Igbo territory ... We wouldn't force the other part to join us

You don't even have the right or power to force any part except the predominant Igbo state to join Biafra. Kurds Yoruba Fulani Slavs Berber, Arabs, Zulu are divided among several nationality n are living in peace. Nigeria owe you just 5 predominant Igbo speaking states

3 Likes

Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by missKiffy(f): 9:38am On Oct 28, 2015
Goodboiyy:

What do you mean we don't have choice ?..
Don't worry urself, he has started cheastbeating, that's what they are good at

7 Likes

Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by omenka(m): 9:38am On Oct 28, 2015
Aufbauh:
In other words,
I pledge to Nigeria my country (whether you called it a zoo)

To be faithful, loyal and honest (irrespective of political or ethnic divides),

And to defend her unity (I believe in the indivisible Nigeria with true federalism and anyone with a divergent view(s) is an enemy and I'll not hesitate to smoke out his/her life when it matters),

To uphold her honour and glory (honour and glory of the most populous black nation, the largest economy in Africa, the beauty in our diversities, the sweet friendship i have kept with the yorubas, Igbos, Ijaws, Esans, Afemais, Tivs, Jukuns, Chambas, Igalas, Isokos, Ikwerres, Ibibios, Efiks, Kilbas, Michikas, Marigis etc.

So help me God. Amen!

NB : I also want to use this opportunity to convey the message of we the good people of Benue state to the biafra crusaders that no part of our land should be included in their dillusional campaign.
Be well guided!
They should very well keep their nonsense far off our fertile lands if they know what's good for them. No fraction, not even a square centimetre, would be carved off Benue to any imaginary country under any guise. angry

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by rusher14: 9:38am On Oct 28, 2015
Keegan:

...and access to the sea. In reality biafra is a land-lock nation like Lesotho to South Africa.

That's the real issue.

They need the sea ports.

Unfortunately, that's the one thing nature hasn't given.

That's the rationale for PH and Akwa Ibom being seduced....if only.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by Amack(m): 9:39am On Oct 28, 2015
From the birth of the name Nigeria till date all we see and celebrate is hatred for each other. No love, no peace even though we laugh it off is probably true. If Enugu state like let them disassociate them selfs from Ipob, what I know is that very soon this ship will sink and there's nothing we can do about it because is the best part of peace. Lagos state make over 250 billionvannually but they don't have even have kerosene. This is what is called human capital development and who are the major tribe that contribute most on lagos state economy. Can any good Nigeria answer me?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by 36STATES: 9:40am On Oct 28, 2015
PassingShot:
Let Igbos fight for their secession without dragging other tribes into it. And if they go about it in a civilized manner, they might actually find sympathy and support from some other nationalities.

The current campaign of hate and violence against Nigeria WILL NEVER achieve Biafra for them. It has never worked and it will not work in Nigeria.

Think of Chechnya in Russia, Syrian civil war, Rwanda, and many other violent attempt at secession and tell me which one has been successful.

War no be beans. Make IPOB borrow themselves brain.

To be fair to Igbos, I don't think they would even accept Itsekiri into Biafra even if given for free.

4 Likes

Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by Nobody: 9:40am On Oct 28, 2015
Chanchit:
Chei! Since all sections of SS don disown Biafra what's the next step now? I would suggest biafra starts an internet based country, since una HQ kuku don dey spain already.
My best comment so far. U sabi yarn.

3 Likes

Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by emanobis(m): 9:40am On Oct 28, 2015
[quote author=oyem4u post=39433926]WARRI—THE Itsekiri ethnic nationality of Warri,
Delta State, has dissociated itself from the calls for
creation of a Biafra Republic out of Nigeria as being
drummed by some Igbo interest groups in the
South-East.

The Itsekiri Leaders of Thought, ILT, expressed the
group’s concern over the Igbo agitation
yesterday in a statement by its Chairman, Pa
Johnson Ayomike and Secretary, Edward Ekpoko.

The body is disturbed that the proposed Biafra
Republic as widely reported in the social media
includes the whole of Delta State.

The statement stressed: “We recall with pains the
day the defunct Biafran Army invaded Warri and
Benin in the then Midwest Region on August 9,

Never again will the Itsekiri tolerate such
invasion. The Itsekiri nation is committed to the
unity of Nigeria and will do all it can to promote and protect it as one indivisible country.

As Major
General Philip Effiong said on January 14 1970, the
Republic of Biafra ceased to exist. We, the Itsekiri,
wish it to be eternally so for the peace and
development of our great nation.”

wt more do u xpct frm dem (Warri ppl) wn they r alrdy havin a refinery, rite frm time,warri man is neva 2 b trustd. wit tym it wil dawn on dem
Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by LieDetector(m): 9:40am On Oct 28, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
I guess you meant referendum?
haha.
Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by cheruv: 9:41am On Oct 28, 2015
SUBMARINE:

Biafra is not by force, if you don't want to be part of it , fine and good.
I naenye onwe gi nsogbu undecided rapu ndi ahu ñari ñari ka ha naekposhiari cheesy

1 Like

Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by tsdarkside(m): 9:42am On Oct 28, 2015
OduaVanguard:

Why do some of you guys relish lying? Where in the article did they remotely "admit that some part of delta is Igbo territory"? Even the portion you bolded/highlighted read "includes the whole of Delta State." How you were able to misinterpret/imply that to mean "some parts of delta are Igbo territory" defies logic. You people are hopeless.

dont mind dem....na so they read their bible too...half,half,but they know everything better.....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by Kagawa10: 9:42am On Oct 28, 2015
calaway:

you are all lairs twisting history.

anioma Asaba suffered only under the Nigerian army. it was here that murtala mohamed did his fun kill of innocent men womwn and children.
Corrected!
For the records, Asaba were saboteurs who provided the means for Ojukwus to invade and attack the mid western region and Ore!
Hence, they deserve whatever that was meted on them.
Note eye for an eye...

7 Likes

Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by Nobody: 9:42am On Oct 28, 2015
Observant:

Igbos started it by defending there territory?
Igbos marched up north to kill Nigeria army first ba?

was warri part of the territory they were defending ?, You need to see what you people did to us.. stop forming saint here.. Don't dare drag Us into any senseless war.. That my Take.

bye

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by IGBOPRINCE: 9:43am On Oct 28, 2015
atbu1983:

I.have said it many times in dis forum. Delta state was never in history part of eastern region or Biafra. Delta state was part of western region in d very beginning b4 it bcome midwest, bendel and delta.

No single territory in delta will be Biafra.
Anioma is not part of Eastern region and cannot be Biafra.

Anioma belong to niger Delta and south south and cannot be biafra. They are benin descendant who related with igbo over a long time .
are you now the spokeperson for the aniomas? I smell personal interest in trying to take aniomas from igbos? Lol
You re all over the threads like a parasite causing disunity btw igbos and their brothers in south south.

Is edo state afraid of going with the yorubas? Must you create false information on nairaland just to keep nigerian as one?
Why not calm down till destiny plays her own part ? Referendum must be issue to them.
No matter how worst you try to paints an igbo man bad or good. Greedy or selfish. It won't stop the blessings of God upon an average biafran citizens.

God in his infinite mercy will not allowed his wish to be forgotten.
Keep playing with false information on nairaland against ndigbos. It won't stop the programs and destiny God has for the great biafrans.

You re being hash on ndiigbo cos you re in pained. Yes we will keep saying it that edos is not part of biafra, go and answer odua citizens.
However my edo friend told me, oduduwa is from benin kingdom. Though yorubas re disputing that, cos mostly believe he falls from the sky or heavens.
That s another topic for another day.

Leave biafran alone or biafrans will torments your life in due seasons.
He that speaketh evils against biafra, evils and restless mind shall never departs from his household.

Keep writing to make yourself feel good but
Be warned. sad
My take.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by missKiffy(f): 9:43am On Oct 28, 2015
Igbos are just delusional

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by Pesuzok(m): 9:43am On Oct 28, 2015
OduaVanguard:
Yee.bos and their "Junior Moses" Kanu sef like trouble. Why una go include [b]other ethnic nationalities [/b]into una Biafra without their expressed consent? ? And when you all are accused of land-grabbing ambitions una go vex.

They have not even included all the igbos talk less of other ethnic groups. I am Igbo and against biafra.

6 Likes

Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by 500GP: 9:43am On Oct 28, 2015
Lagrage:

It is not your fault tho..... Try to abstain from any form of disrespect against my tribe. We did nothing to you

WHOSE FAULT? TELL YOUR TRIBE TO STOP DISRESPECTING HERSELF.. YEYE TRIBE
Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by Ephemmm: 9:44am On Oct 28, 2015
Chanchit:
Chei! Since all sections of SS don disown Biafra what's the next step now? I would suggest biafra starts an internet based country, since una HQ kuku don dey spain already.

tongue tongue tongue
Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by 36STATES: 9:44am On Oct 28, 2015
PassingShot:
Let Igbos fight for their secession without dragging other tribes into it. And if they go about it in a civilized manner, they might actually find sympathy and support from some other nationalities.

The current campaign of hate and violence against Nigeria WILL NEVER achieve Biafra for them. It has never worked and it will not work in Nigeria.

Think of Chechnya in Russia, Syrian civil war, Rwanda, and many other violent attempt at secession and tell me which one has been successful.

War no be beans. Make IPOB borrow themselves brain.

To be fair to Igbos, I don't think they would even accept Itsekiri into Biafra even if given for free.

2 Likes

Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by Wealthycharles(m): 9:44am On Oct 28, 2015
Babzrockman:
Igbos only wanted to add south south region to their ranks because of the crude oil.
....it will not work. south south are wiser than them,let the greedy cowards fight their battle alone, leave south south alone.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by Observant: 9:44am On Oct 28, 2015
Yanks101:
If i had my way, i would create a nation of the SE states only.
That is the only way i see the new nation succeeding. You don't need oil or even too much land to build a decent nation.
What you need is enough useful human resource,hardwork and industry and a shared heritage and patriotism working towards a common goal.
These are qualities everybody agree the igbo nation has.
Isreal is the size of delta but is as developed and powerful as any first world nation out there. Nigeria with all her land and popultion even in a 1000 years will never measure up to isreal in every way.

Igbo only nation is the plan, biafra was just to dissolve the contraption fraudulently created by the British.
But since these other tribes are myopic enough not to negotiate there stands to pull off to form there country after the struggle, we will need to reorient our people to understand that we will be pulling out with only our people The Igbos indigenously situated in any part of the contraption.
They are free to remain in Nigeria....
Re: Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic by haulagehandlers(m): 9:45am On Oct 28, 2015
I sense a patern,MKO yoruba man won june 12 presidential election died in the struggle,NADECO,OPC,and international community all agitated for democracy end result....OBJ Yoruba man elected.....Shehu Musa Yaradua died,OBJ,PDP,and the Northern power block made Umaru Yaradua the president....Goodluck rode on the back of sympathy for the Niger Delta minority to attain the presidency after much bombing and distruption cum destruction of oil exploration activities.....the north threatened the unity of the country with HARAMITES and voila we have PMB........So as we approach 2019 the new song emanating from the east of the Niger is seccesion...hnmmmmm...what is sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Police Disrupt PDP Rally In Kano That Was Meant To Receive 7000 APC Defectors / Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? / Tinubu To Obi: Falsehood, Disinformation Won’t Win Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.