Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? (54055 Views)

I Haven't Had Sex In 9 Months, My Balls Hurt,should I Be Worried?? / My Cousin Says My Thighs Are Fresh, Should I Be Worried About This Statement? / Should We Be Worried About This Look Tania Omotayo Gave Tekno Today? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by Ezenwa11(m): 9:06pm On Oct 31, 2015
Sunnypar:
Mine left me she is getting married today.
I can't help but to laugh grin
Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by Akhere1: 9:07pm On Oct 31, 2015
Never you worry for any thing in life pray and ask God what to do he will see you through
Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by Nobody: 9:08pm On Oct 31, 2015
goldendainty:

Reasonable women/ladies are not particular about your money!!!

Just show us your undiluted love and create time for us,shikena
this is a good talk.

It has been decades I see this type of comment from a woman

Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by viktor01(m): 9:09pm On Oct 31, 2015
lolaxavier:
Guy relax, you are just 31. I'll be 34 in few days and I still don't plan to settle down for now. I have a target to do that in the next two years. The most important thing is for you to have plan and be focused. The right person will show up when you are 100% sure you are ready.

Bar man,
please 19 cartons of monkey tail for this man.
Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by claremont(m): 9:09pm On Oct 31, 2015
Guy, you have no problem and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. You have a lot to be thankful for, a decent job, a house and a car in a country where people flock to churches to pray to acquire those things. The right girl for you will come at the right time, don't make the mistake others have made by getting married to a wolf in sheep's clothing simply because of societal pressure.

Life is a race and everyone is running at his/her own pace.

5 Likes

Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by phieccayurmie(f): 9:09pm On Oct 31, 2015
Smile4mee01:
I am a little depressed now. i came here to seek counsel. i am 31 yr old male, works in a bank. have my own apartment and car, Quite comfortable. i am not and never have been in a very serious relationship. the few ones i tried never just works out. most times the ladies dont measure up, the few ones that did measure up were so much in a hurry to marry (maybe because they were older than i was sha)

my friends too wonder, they say with my status ladies should be all over me. they say i dont take them serious. i am not gay and wil never be.

i agree my job leaves me little room to go out because i work almost every day. in fact in a whole month i have just 2 free weekends. 2 days out of which i still go to work.

is there something i can do to be in a healthy relationship. i desire to have a balance.

Thanks in anticipation
Bro check urself,maybe U are too selective.see,nobody is perfect.pray over it nd God will give u ur perfect and ideal woman.she also will understand the nature of Ur job nd both of U will definitely work things out togeda..
Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by oluwafreshkid(m): 9:10pm On Oct 31, 2015
Smile4mee01:
I am a little depressed now. i came here to seek counsel. i am 31 yr old male, works in a bank. have my own apartment and car, Quite comfortable. i am not and never have been in a very serious relationship. the few ones i tried never just works out. most times the ladies dont measure up, the few ones that did measure up were so much in a hurry to marry (maybe because they were older than i was sha)

my friends too wonder, they say with my status ladies should be all over me. they say i dont take them serious. i am not gay and wil never be.

i agree my job leaves me little room to go out because i work almost every day. in fact in a whole month i have just 2 free weekends. 2 days out of which i still go to work.

is there something i can do to be in a healthy relationship. i desire to have a balance.

Thanks in anticipation
Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by MaritalConnect: 9:14pm On Oct 31, 2015
ARE YOU READY TO MARRY BUT CAN'T STILL FIND THE RIGHT PERSON?
Are you 25years (female) and 30years (male) and above, financially independent, emotionally stable and searching for a serious life partner to settle down with? Then join the page below http://www.facebook.com/1498603063773263

Just Search for MARITAL CONNECT on facebook and join our page to request for your specific intending partner

Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by Nobody: 9:17pm On Oct 31, 2015
Nori:
I know it's your choice but just so you know a lot of guys who are engineers, mathmaticians, basically guys who are in the science field and are also really intelligent may not be so great in written English. Some guys are even to busy to observe punctuation marks and all but it doesn't make them any less of a good man.

There is so much more to a man than his written English. But by all means stick to your standards. Best of luck!
I will have to look for you, track you down by all means and kiss you undecided

Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by harry509: 9:18pm On Oct 31, 2015
Smile4mee01:

Thanks in anticipation
hmmmM! Bro no human is perfct @ all. Sumtin tell's me dat d reason y u Rr nt n a serious relationship is bcus ur lookn 4 a perfct lady. And u know getn a perfct lady is nt available @ all. Aldoh I also av simarly nsures like u bcus of sumtin I don't reali av rite now, most of d ladies I aproached, it normally resuit 2 quarel bcus of dat sumtin, well I av prayed seriously abt it and am stil blivn GOD 4 it 2 happen soon. As 4 u bro my advice is dis take ur time 2 look 4 a decent lady I blv there Rr sum of dem @ there who wil gladly receiv u. Pls go 4 real love, it dos not mater if she is educated or not. U Rr d man u can still set sumtin gud 4 her. A man can still marry an educated lady, and d lady wil stil bcum's liability 2 man. So... Bro take ur time 2 look 4 a decent lady. Gudluck!
Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by harry509: 9:20pm On Oct 31, 2015
Smile4mee01:

Thanks in anticipation
hmmmM! Bro no human is perfct @ all. Sumtin tell's me dat d reason y u Rr nt n a serious relationship is bcus ur lookn 4 a perfct lady. And u know getn a perfct lady is nt available @ all. Aldoh I also av simarly nsures like u bcus of sumtin I don't reali av rite now, most of d ladies I aproached, it normally resuit 2 quarel bcus of dat sumtin, well I av prayed seriously abt it and am stil blivn GOD 4 it 2 happen soon. As 4 u bro my advice is dis take ur time 2 look 4 a decent lady I blv there Rr sum of dem @ there who wil gladly receiv u. Pls go 4 real love, it dos not mater if she is educated or not. U Rr d man u can still set sumtin gud 4 her. A man can still marry an educated lady, and d lady wil stil bcum's liability 2 d man. So... Bro take ur time 2 look 4 a decent lady. Gudluck!
Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by Nobody: 9:21pm On Oct 31, 2015
sihom:
At Grahyt,

You quoted OP's post without saying anything at the end of it. Lol - sleep still dey catch you this morning?

At OP,

Check out a thread in the romance section titled ''If You Are 30+ and Single Let's Talk''. I think it might help.

Siamia a lady authored the thread and a WhatsApp chat group was created to enhance healthy friendships & romantic relationships in a safe, secure and be your brother's keeper kind of way.

Siamia vouches that members are authentic & sincere, well truth is she only said that about the men I don't know about my gender.

Read the thread first (the few pages you can) and then decide if you want to join the chat group and see where that leads to. No pressure ooo abeg just keep an open mind and explore the possibilities of friendships first.

Only tasteless and classless women will be all over you because of your job, apartment and car. Tasteful women with class (like moi wink ) will be more concerned with your manners, personal hygiene & grooming then your overall comportment as a man.

Me - I'm a sucker for

1. Neat men with shaved armpits, clean underwear and surroundings. That your apartment won't count if its messy & untidy.

2. Well spoken & written English which reveals a depth of intelligence (like that dude LordReed I am electronically attracted to him just for his written English too bad he's married).

3. Courteous & well mannered men amongst other things like lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

No offence meant bro, but I ain't really feeling your written English enough to gravitate towards you as a woman. It's good but could be better with punctuation marks where necessary. Just saying no offence meant.

Lol. You crack me up here. You also need to improve your English as well.

Obviously, there are three essential attitudes that draw women to men which you probably don't really know.
Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by Captainswag225(m): 9:29pm On Oct 31, 2015
AprokoMan:

we gave u such a beating that u stored our names in ur empty bloated maggot infested brain.... the mention of our names makes u shake with fear all over.... coward ugly monkey..., smelly skank
Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by viktor556(m): 9:41pm On Oct 31, 2015
Bro, I'm not 31 yet buh I don't see myself getting into any serious whatever before then. You are my hero.

1 Like

Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by Nobody: 9:43pm On Oct 31, 2015
DeeTus:
Lol. You crack me up here. You also need to improve your English as well.
Obviously, there are three essential attitudes that draw women to men which you probably don't really know.

By all means, talk to me I would like to learn about the three essential attitudes you mentioned.

I never claimed to be an English guru I just thought the OP could have made his post easier on the eyes that's all.

Holla back with this info you've got.
Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by linusbnn(m): 9:47pm On Oct 31, 2015
Dyt:
Awwww
cry cry cry cry

You need d guy?
Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by bukatyne(f): 9:48pm On Oct 31, 2015
sihom:

I read a lot of different threads and posts on NL for fun & information.

That's how you caught my eye with the good English thing, you and a host of others like Bukatyne, Cococandy, Coogar etc.

Coogar could do with a mouth wash though jeez the guy can sha insult ooo.

Thanks for the compliment cheesy
Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by Dyt(f): 9:53pm On Oct 31, 2015
linusbnn:

You need d guy?

Yes
sad sad
Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by Nobody: 9:53pm On Oct 31, 2015
bukatyne:

Thanks for the compliment cheesy

You are welcome.

I've been feeling your insightful and wise contributions in the family section for a long time.
Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by basseybruce01: 9:54pm On Oct 31, 2015
This one is strong...........!
Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by Nobody: 9:58pm On Oct 31, 2015
Smile4mee01:

Thanks in anticipation

In my opinion you're doing fine.

What I've learnt and what I will advice my Son to do is to not get into any serious relationship until he is set in his career or business.

Some, not all, Women are dream killers.

Marry your career/business of now. There's ample time to start/raise a family.

Good luck.
Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by gidjah(m): 10:01pm On Oct 31, 2015
sihom:

Gabrone Gabrone,

You made me laugh with the take your time part of your post.

I lay no claims to being an English expert but when you repeatedly see small letter i when it should be capital letter I, no commas or full stops your head begins to ache and your eyes tear up.

The part about not gravitating towards him is me simply saying - as appealing as any man thinks he is with his fine car, job & apartment those things do not necessarily rock a tasteful woman's world.

I still maintain this - no offence meant to him and none taken from you either. I am more amused than offended
I pretty much love your openness, I may score your type a' C' in a relationship parade,so so proud of you dear.
Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by therapistmrs: 10:02pm On Oct 31, 2015
having a job that takes up most your time is not enough reason but I'm of the opinion that you are being picky and you need to be more realistic with yourself . i believe that special person is around you, just look for the special qualities that a lady should have.i hope you find love eventually.all the best
therapistmrs..com
Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by Greycious(m): 10:06pm On Oct 31, 2015
Just here to read comments.
Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by AleAirHub(m): 10:15pm On Oct 31, 2015
Sunnypar:

Three things a babe needs.
Time
Money and
Comfort
You have got the last two but do not have the first one cause with the first you get to know the person better and make an informed decision.
You have set high expectations for the would be girl and I think you need to check yourself.
Finally, I would advise you start living below your means (use your leg instead of your car, spend time more in the cinemas when you are free, no showing of your academic or achievements) then you would see the girls that loves you and go for younger girls below 25yrs.
Open your eyes, girls are damn desperate..... Mine left me she is getting married today.

Guy Who Say Your Water No Go Boil, That Person No Go Ever Light Stove Or Gas Cooker.... These Your Insight Has Save Some Many Dude In The Same Problem.... If I Remember How Some Ladies Said So Many Things About Measurement Regarding My State Then, The True Spirit Of Entrepreneur Increases 101% Daily... Things Are Getting Better Now Because Oluwa Is In Involve.
Bravo!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by Raalsalghul: 10:19pm On Oct 31, 2015
Nori:
sorry to say but you sound kind of shallow with your expectations. Just pray you don't.send a good man packing because of.punctuation marks and unshaved armpit.
I don't see anything wrong if a lady is into a man with shaved armpit. It's her way of saying she likes a clean guy. wink
Nori:
sorry to say but you sound kind of shallow with your expectations. Just pray you don't.send a good man packing because of.punctuation marks and unshaved armpit.
I don't see anything wrong if a lady says she is into a man with a shaved armpit. It's her way of saying she likes a clean guy.
Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by menix(m): 10:22pm On Oct 31, 2015
Smile4mee01:

Thanks in anticipation

Guy we re birds of same feather just that I have my weekends to myself but I prefer spending it in Bars.

Do u see females as issues?, cous I believe thatz my problem.
Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by Raalsalghul: 10:23pm On Oct 31, 2015
MrMcJay:
You can't realise a family because you are busy building another man's business. There is no greater fool than you.
A classic "Dumbfucktard" here!
Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by ableguy(m): 10:27pm On Oct 31, 2015
Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by Raalsalghul: 10:29pm On Oct 31, 2015
sonofananimal:
as far as you are a man, there is nothing wrong for you to be single at that age. At least you can even pregnant a woman even at the age of 90. Our WOMEN of NOWADYs are animals undecided

Did you want to enter a relationship with animals and don't have rest of mind for the remaining days of your life? undecided

Live life the fullness and forget marrying with a NAIJA WOMEN, cos NOWADYs! You will be hearing a woman smash her husband testicles, WOMAN pour boiling water mix with pepper on husband body, WOMAN cut husband peni s, WOMAN KILL husband with a bottle.

You don't want to see this things happening to you, do you?

And you know that our NAIJA WOMEN ARE the most mentally unstable people on earth.

Funny guy! How did Nigerian women offend you?
Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by Nobody: 10:30pm On Oct 31, 2015
Smile4mee01:

Thanks in anticipation

Oh boy,just resign from your jab make u be reverend father na....e go fit you wella.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Do Guys Prefer Sexy Hot Body Or A Beautiful Face? / I Am In Love With My Female Casual Friend / 3 Plus-Sized Slay Mamas Tried To Follow The Ladder To Heaven. One Fell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.