Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,293 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:05 AM

Are Ukwuani People Igbos(ukwuani People Please Talk) - Culture (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Are Ukwuani People Igbos(ukwuani People Please Talk) (69796 Views)

Are Ukwuani People Of Delta State Igbos? / Ukwuani People Are Not Igbos. / The Official Ukwuani Thread: Ukwuani Bu Ani Eze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Ukwuani People Igbos(ukwuani People Please Talk) by Pharoh: 9:17pm On Dec 08, 2013
pokur:
Dude,u are blowing hot air.And ere u think to obfuscate issues,we are talking about social structure n organization here.You know,that claim of being socially n organizationally superior to eastern tribes since time "immemorial"

Dude there was nothing practiced east of the Niger that was not practiced in ndokwaland, if you have evidence of a superior system then post it here.
Re: Are Ukwuani People Igbos(ukwuani People Please Talk) by pazienza(m): 9:12am On Dec 09, 2013
Pharoh: They are the same people just as aniocha and oshimili people come together to refer to themselves as enuani. It is because one is a land based community while the other is a riverine based community. Two systems inside one community of related people but even those who did not organize themselves in a monarchy system still have some social structure and organization embedded in their system. The consciousness is still intact and with the benefit of modern civilization then they only need to be in the confinement of their own space to push development forward.

This is unlike in the southeast where they have been in their own confinement for a long time to this day but the roots of what the colonialist met before organizing them to this level is still embedded in the present dispensation. This is not a dick measuring contest for me because we can go on and on to argue our points without anyone accepting the view of the other. The point i am trying to pass is what you should focus on and there won't be issues like this if people are respected for the way they wish to structure and organize themselves.

The point of the aboh reference is for you to cite a similar system across the Niger because you rightly said that though distinct but they are actually one group. Those times have past and we live in the modern era but the truth is that you guys are not still socially organized to bring out the best out of a population of over 30 million people. This 30 million is composed of many educated people but instead of them to fix themselves first, the most important thing for them is to disturb themselves about anioma people.

We are together known as Ndokwas and what ever a sub component achieves is the glory of the whole group.

Your notion of disorganized igbo groups in the east of niger, without strong tribal identities before the coming of the whites is quite laughable, seeing as Aro alone holds more significance in the pre colonial history of southern Nigeria, than any Igbo community west of the Niger. Your ignorance reeks to the high heavens, it makes me marvel.

1 Like

Re: Are Ukwuani People Igbos(ukwuani People Please Talk) by ekumeku1914: 1:06pm On Dec 18, 2013
Please why all these insults because of identity. we need to learn to respect one another because respect is reciprocal. If the Aniomas or ukwuanis or ndokwas say they are not Igbo, the Igbo must respect their choice and move on. You cant force people to follow you. Spanish and portuguese and Catalonians are a bit mutually comprehensible but do not insist on being the same. The same with german and dutch, and all Scandinavians. This doesn't mean that the ukwuani people do not have love for the igbos or feel closer to them than other peoples. They grew up side by side and are cousins regardless but that does not make Ukwuani Igbo as that does not make Igbo Ukwuani.

1 Like

Re: Are Ukwuani People Igbos(ukwuani People Please Talk) by ekumeku1914: 1:08pm On Dec 18, 2013
*catalan
Re: Are Ukwuani People Igbos(ukwuani People Please Talk) by NRIPRIEST(m): 1:16pm On Dec 18, 2013
ekumeku1914: Please why all these insults because of identity. we need to learn to respect one another because respect is reciprocal. If the Aniomas or ukwuanis or ndokwas say they are not Igbo, the Igbo must respect their choice and move on. You cant force people to follow you. Spanish and portuguese and Catalonians are a bit mutually comprehensible but do not insist on being the same. The same with german and dutch, and all Scandinavians. This doesn't mean that the ukwuani people do not have love for the igbos or feel closer to them than other peoples. They grew up side by side and are cousins regardless but that does not make Ukwuani Igbo as that does not make Igbo Ukwuani.

Might you define Igbo and what makes one an "Igbo" ?

Left for me I will leave some people to their ignorance and denial. And what's the difference between "Anioma" and "Ukwuani" ? Everybody wanna say something,whether it makes sense or not. Guess you feel important,now.
Re: Are Ukwuani People Igbos(ukwuani People Please Talk) by Pharoh: 1:51pm On Dec 18, 2013
NRI PRIEST:

NRI PRIEST:

Might you define Scandinavian and what makes one a "Scandinavian" ?

NRI PRIEST:

Might you define Anglo-Celts and what makes one an "Anglo-Celts" ?

NRI PRIEST:

Might you define Germanic and what makes one a "Germanic" ?

They all have the same answer so the answer you give to any one must be applicable to the answer you want applied to the term Igbo.
Re: Are Ukwuani People Igbos(ukwuani People Please Talk) by ekumeku1914: 1:05pm On Dec 19, 2013
@nri priest, it's remarkable you feel the need to insult rather than state your position in a civilized manner. it suggests this issue is probably frustrating you more than it should.

I don't know what it is to be Igbo since I am not one but if you mean the definition of an ethnic group, a popular definition of an ethnic group is "a socially defined category of people who identify with each other based on a shared social experience or ancestry." This goes for all people.

In this case, the ukwuanis and ndokwas agree with a shared history with nearby Igbo tribes but do not agree with a shared ancestry. Most importantly, a large majority do not identify with the Igbo as one and that is all that matters. Arsene Wenger is French today and not German because majority of the Alsace region decided to be French even though they have a lot more in common with Germany and speak what the rest of the world consider a Germanic language. They stopped being considered German the moment they decided they were French. People have a right to self determination. The Ukwuanis are Ukwuanis, the ndokwas are ndokwas, the aniomas are aniomas, the igbos are igbos, the calabaris are calabaris, the ndonis are ndonis, the ikwerres are ikwerres, the isokos are isokos, the ijaws are ijaws, the urhobos are urhobos, the binis are binis. They all spent centuries living side by side and love each other but have refused to be subsumed by each other. They can call themselves whatever they choose. Your insults will not change that

1 Like

Re: Are Ukwuani People Igbos(ukwuani People Please Talk) by ekumeku1914: 1:18pm On Dec 19, 2013
NRI PRIEST:

Left for me I will leave some people to their ignorance and denial. And what's the difference between "Anioma" and "Ukwuani" ? Everybody wanna say something,whether it makes sense or not. Guess you feel important,now.

@nri priest please help educate me on how anioma and ukwuani are the same thing
Re: Are Ukwuani People Igbos(ukwuani People Please Talk) by RedEboe(m): 2:15pm On Dec 22, 2013
Here's inviting all true Igbo sons and daughters to come support this new Igbo television project.

Watch trailer here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLt5Y7QoKTc

Don't just stop at watching this trailer,endeavor to support this project with donations,sponsorships and above all,prayers.

Igbo Mmammanu o!

LIKE US on Facebook here: http:///1huh7lq
Re: Are Ukwuani People Igbos(ukwuani People Please Talk) by victor1464(m): 1:41pm On Sep 17, 2014
Ndokwa/Ukwuani or kwale tribe is one of d ethnic groups found in d nigerdelta region of nigeria.(delta and riverstate(ndoni area)..thier language is one of d over 300 languages found in nigeria.its also taught in some higher institutions too...their language have som ancestral relationship with bini language and igbo language.but d language is very different 4rm any other language in tonation,hence it falls under d igboid group of language in nigeria.....ukwuani people bear some names which r similar to d igbo names and bini names but they also hav their typical ukwuani names...a typical ukwuani man and woman dress in a typical nigerdelta way but somtimes their chiefs use red caps instead of a black hat like d other group in d region.ukwuani people hav their own kind of music and dance steps too...som of their musicians r deskenny,eric enuma,tonny kiddy,harmony kings,ubulu,danny kay,orji moore,dennis abamba,smart william,sir kendo,roganna,iwegbue, etc......d typical ukwuani man likes eatin pounded yam and isege soup ,pepper soup(ikere),banga soup(eku).....d ukwuani people hav thier culture and traditions just like other groups,d average ukwuani man deserves much respect and does not cheat on his fellow neighbor..d ukwuani man is a detribalized citizen unlike most group,d ukwuani man is a core nigerdeltan,a tru nigerian....u want to know more about ukwuani history,culture,traditn?? go read som detailed history books written by Great ukwuani scholars like,proudly ukwuani,ndokwa watin 4d coconut to fall,history of d ukwuani people of d niger delta, Tnks...... .Here r some typical ukwuani names dat u find in ndokwa land..omekume,nkonyenasosa,azaka,egiriga,ndudi,koliseyenum,oliseneku,ishiekwene,ojugbeli,ossai-ossai,ojieh,ajeh,ujene,osasah,osakwe,otuya,otunuya,nzete,njoetene,osakuni,onah,olodu,abeh,ozeh,ndego,agogo,ejime,agogo,okpor,uti,chukunalu,chukuyenum,chukuneku,chukuka,ishioma,olisenedu,chukunedu,olisedemem,chukudemem,ezute,onyenokwe,onyemgba,chukutem,ogwezhi,ubulu,abamba,abanum,enuma,egwari,ochonogor,,elebuwa,ozah,osanebi,opute,opia,animam,kaine,akudo,ekaba,mgbomene,enudi,anigala,oduh,onyefunefoa,okuedei,okwuleye,enebeli...watch out 4 more..
Re: Are Ukwuani People Igbos(ukwuani People Please Talk) by Nobody: 2:48pm On Sep 17, 2014
victor1464: Ndokwa/Ukwuani or kwale tribe is one of d ethnic groups found in d nigerdelta region of nigeria.(delta and riverstate(ndoni area)..thier language is one of d over 300 languages found in nigeria.its also taught in some higher institutions too...their language have som ancestral relationship with bini language and igbo language.but d language is very different 4rm any other language in tonation,hence it falls under d igboid group of language in nigeria.....ukwuani people bear some names which r similar to d igbo names and bini names but they also hav their typical ukwuani names...a typical ukwuani man and woman dress in a typical nigerdelta way but somtimes their chiefs use red caps instead of a black hat like d other group in d region.ukwuani people hav their own kind of music and dance steps too...som of their musicians r deskenny,eric enuma,tonny kiddy,harmony kings,ubulu,danny kay,orji moore,dennis abamba,smart william,sir kendo,roganna,iwegbue, etc......d typical ukwuani man likes eatin pounded yam and isege soup ,pepper soup(ikere),banga soup(eku).....d ukwuani people hav thier culture and traditions just like other groups,d average ukwuani man deserves much respect and does not cheat on his fellow neighbor..d ukwuani man is a detribalized citizen unlike most group,d ukwuani man is a core nigerdeltan,a tru nigerian....u want to know more about ukwuani history,culture,traditn?? go read som detailed history books written by Great ukwuani scholars like,proudly ukwuani,ndokwa watin 4d coconut to fall,history of d ukwuani people of d niger delta, Tnks...... .Here r some typical ukwuani names dat u find in ndokwa land..omekume,nkonyenasosa,azaka,egiriga,ndudi,koliseyenum,oliseneku,ishiekwene,ojugbeli,ossai-ossai,ojieh,ajeh,ujene,osasah,osakwe,otuya,otunuya,nzete,njoetene,osakuni,onah,olodu,abeh,ozeh,ndego,agogo,ejime,agogo,okpor,uti,chukunalu,chukuyenum,chukuneku,chukuka,ishioma,olisenedu,chukunedu,olisedemem,chukudemem,ezute,onyenokwe,onyemgba,chukutem,ogwezhi,ubulu,abamba,abanum,enuma,egwari,ochonogor,,elebuwa,ozah,osanebi,opute,opia,animam,kaine,akudo,ekaba,mgbomene,enudi,anigala,oduh,onyefunefoa,okuedei,okwuleye,enebeli...watch out 4 more..

I've been trying to find out the meaning of some typical Ndokwa/Ukwuani names. Can you help me with the meanings of the following Ukwuani names:

Ojugbeli
Ossai
Enebeli
Ogwezi
Imegwu/Imedegwu
Ochonogor
Oputa/Opute
Re: Are Ukwuani People Igbos(ukwuani People Please Talk) by victor1464(m): 3:16pm On Sep 17, 2014
Must u force every tribe to become igboy wont u people respect urselves...ukwuani is not igbo despite som similarities in names..ukwuani is ukwuani/ndokwa and its d name of our tribe and none can bring us down.i want to also let u know dat d word igbo means SlAVe in ukwuani language terms..ukwuani is one of d listed nigerian languages and its studied as a language in some nigeria higer institutions,its also taught in primary and secondary schools within ukwuani land...even though there ar some ancestral similarities in language structure,its very much different 4rm igbo language because 99% of ukwuani people cannot understand or communicate in igbo language.....An ukwuani man has notin to do with d igbo man right 4rm history of Gods creation unless wen it becomes politically necessary....we r on seperate land(bounded by river niger)...do u know dat urobos is not isoko?,itsekiri is not yoruba,idoma is not igala,efik is not ibibio,calabari is not ezon,bini is not eshan,tiv is not birom,ukwuani is not igbo,hausa is not kanuri...from dis xamples u can observe dat despite d similarities between this tribes de r very much different 4rm each other..so u igbos should try and be learned enof to understand this fact...i guess u guys dont read enof dats y u people talk any how..some.nigeria tribes looks very similar but they r totally different ethnic groups..dats how it is in som foreign countries too..american english is quite different 4rm pirate english and british english(y didnt they call it english dialect?),etc.also d latin and spanish languages too......so Beware!!.respect every people for who dey are becos ResPET IS reCIPROCAL and it will be well wit u...tnks

1 Like

Re: Are Ukwuani People Igbos(ukwuani People Please Talk) by Nobody: 4:36pm On Sep 17, 2014
^ I hope it wasn't my request that provoked this.
Re: Are Ukwuani People Igbos(ukwuani People Please Talk) by ChinenyeN(m): 4:50pm On Sep 17, 2014
Looool
Re: Are Ukwuani People Igbos(ukwuani People Please Talk) by Ceenelly(m): 5:44pm On Sep 19, 2014
As an ndokwa man i see the igbos as my brothers that we share language similarity apart from that nothing more, when i was young my grandmother use to tell me fairly tales/stories of about obodo idu and how some part of ndokwa nation migrated to their present places, all these questions like are ukwuani's igbo/bini/yoruba is uncalled for, just pay a trip to ndokwa land in delta and ask them directly 'are you igbo' and whatever you get as a reply you are on your own, somep people say that ndokwa started refusing to be called igbo after civil war thats not true because the civil didnt affect ndokwa that much reason being that ndokwa land is not on the major road linking nigeria and the then biafra it was the ika's and delta igbo(aniocha/oshimili) people that have land that lead directly from benin to onitsha, it is on record that most biafran truops ran to ndokwa land for safety, every kingdom/villages in ndokwa still have their migration history intact though most migrated from obodo idu, others from across the big river east, igala, ijaw etc
Re: Are Ukwuani People Igbos(ukwuani People Please Talk) by Nobody: 2:17am On Sep 20, 2014
Ceenelly: As an ndokwa man i see the igbos as my brothers that we share language similarity apart from that nothing more, when i was young my grandmother use to tell me fairly tales/stories of about obodo idu and how some part of ndokwa nation migrated to their present places, all these questions like are ukwuani's igbo/bini/yoruba is uncalled for, just pay a trip to ndokwa land in delta and ask them directly 'are you igbo' and whatever you get as a reply you are on your own, somep people say that ndokwa started refusing to be called igbo after civil war thats not true because the civil didnt affect ndokwa that much reason being that ndokwa land is not on the major road linking nigeria and the then biafra it was the ika's and delta igbo(aniocha/oshimili) people that have land that lead directly from benin to onitsha, it is on record that most biafran truops ran to ndokwa land for safety, every kingdom/villages in ndokwa still have their migration history intact though most migrated from obodo idu, others from across the big river east, igala, ijaw etc

Can you please explain to me how Aniocha/Oshimili people are considered "Delta Igbo" and Ika and Ukwuani are not? While you are it, please tell me what "obodo" means in your "Edo dialect." The last time I checked "obodo" is a universal Igbo term for town but the Bini may have a different meaning for the term. Please educate me! Furthermore, would you please tell me how Ukwuani culturally have more Bini links than the famous Ezechima clan of the Enuani axis of your so called "delta Igbo?" I have always thought that Ukwuani, Enuani and Ika are siblings but I could be wrong.

Lest I forget, can you also explain to me why Olaudah Equiano the famous Ukwuani Slave stated that he was Igbo despite his narrative of Bini influences? If Ukwuani was Igbo during Olaudah's childhood years of early 1700s, when did they become Bini? Your answers to these would be appreciated. FYI, I am from Aniocha/Oshimili and I am a proud Igbo-no need to add Delta to my Igboness.

6 Likes

Re: Are Ukwuani People Igbos(ukwuani People Please Talk) by tonychristopher: 6:10am On Sep 20, 2014
omonuan:

Can you please explain to me how Aniocha/Oshimili people are considered "Delta Igbo" and Ika and Ukwuani are not? While you are it, please tell me what "obodo" means in your "Edo dialect." The last time I checked "obodo" is a universal Igbo term for town but the Bini may have a different meaning for the term. Please educate me! Furthermore, would you please tell me how Ukwuani culturally have more Bini links than the famous Ezechima clan of the Enuani axis of your so called "delta Igbo." I have always thought that Ukwuani, Enuani and Ika are siblings but I could be wrong.

Lest I forget, can you also explain to me why Olaudah Equiano the famous Ukwuani Slave stated that he was Igbo despite his narrative of Bini influences? If Ukwuani was Igbo during Olaudah's childhood years of early 1700s, when did they become Bini? Your answers to these would be appreciated. FYI, I am from Aniocha/Oshimili and I am a proud Igbo-no need to add Delta to my Igboness.

We Confused People There Are That Dude IsConfused...He Won't Answer These Questions

Ask Him Why Do Ukwuani Use EzeFor King Instead Of OBa....

Thes Delta Igbos Many Of Them Make Me Ashamed

An Igbo Guy Was Hustling And My Inlaw Who Is A Ukwuani Told Her Husband From Ika That Look At This Man Struggling And The Husband Is Lazying

The Stupid Husband Said That There Is Different Between I And A That's Why His Lazy

He Is An Agbor
The Other Igbo

You Se His Justifications For His Laziness And Complacency

Not All But Majority Of Ukwuani Are Just So Confused. Do They Know They Are Related To Uguta..Do They Know Some Village There Came From Anambra

Do They Know That Some Anambra Villages Came From Their
Re: Are Ukwuani People Igbos(ukwuani People Please Talk) by tonychristopher: 6:14am On Sep 20, 2014
victor1464: Must u force every tribe to become igboy wont u people respect urselves...ukwuani is not igbo despite som similarities in names..ukwuani is ukwuani/ndokwa and its d name of our tribe and none can bring us down.i want to also let u know dat d word igbo means SlAVe in ukwuani language terms..ukwuani is one of d listed nigerian languages and its studied as a language in some nigeria higer institutions,its also taught in primary and secondary schools within ukwuani land...even though there ar some ancestral similarities in language structure,its very much different 4rm igbo language because 99% of ukwuani people cannot understand or communicate in igbo language.....An ukwuani man has notin to do with d igbo man right 4rm history of Gods creation unless wen it becomes politically necessary....we r on seperate land(bounded by river niger)..... know dat urobos is not isoko,itsekiri is not yoruba,idoma is not igala,efik is not ibibio,calabari is not ezon,bini is not eshan,tiv is not birom,ukwuani is not igbo,hausa is not kanuri...from dis xamples u can observe dat despite d similarities between this tribes de r very much different 4rm each other..so u igbos should try and be learned enof to understand this fact...i guess u guys dont read enof dats y u people talk any how..some.nigeria tribes looks very similar but they r totally different ethnic groups..dats how it is in som foreign countries too..american english is quite different 4rm pirate english and british english,etc.also d latin and spanish languages too......so Beware!!.respect every people for who dey are becos ResPET IS reCIPROCAL and it will be well wit u...tnks

You Must Have Been Smoking Ogume Weed. My Wife Us From There And She And Her Family Sees Themselves As Igbo..

Ogo M Nwayo
Re: Are Ukwuani People Igbos(ukwuani People Please Talk) by tonychristopher: 6:16am On Sep 20, 2014
Radoillo:

I've been trying to find out the meaning of some typical Ndokwa/Ukwuani names. Can you help me with the meanings of the following Ukwuani names:

Ojugbeli
Ossai
Enebeli
Ogwezi
Imegwu/Imedegwu
Ochonogor
Oputa/Opute

These Are Some Igbo Names

Their Meaning Is Simple
Oputa Uguta And Anambra Near It.

Meaning To Come Out
OchNogor...He Who Looks For Friendship
Re: Are Ukwuani People Igbos(ukwuani People Please Talk) by Nobody: 1:17pm On Sep 20, 2014
tonychristopher:

These Are Some Igbo Names

Their Meaning Is Simple
Oputa Uguta And Anambra Near It.

Meaning To Come Out
OchNogor...He Who Looks For Friendship

I know why I asked for the meaning of those names. The names (and other typically Ukwuani/Ndokwa names) are commonly borne by people in the Ogbaru area of my home state (Anambra). The few Ogbaru people I have asked were unable to give me their meanings, maybe because they were not very familiar with their dialects or maybe because the names were derived from elsewhere, not Ogbaru.

I wanted to find out from the other guy on this thread whether there are Ukwuani etymologies for these names since Ogbarus in Anambra were very much in contact with the Ukwuanis in pre-colonial days. But it appears he thought asking a question about Ukwuani names = attempts to impose Igboness on his people. Weird!

Anyway, I don't thing 'Oputa' means 'to come out'. There is nothing in the way it is pronounced that suggests that.
Re: Are Ukwuani People Igbos(ukwuani People Please Talk) by Nobody: 5:19pm On Sep 20, 2014
Radoillo:

Ojugbeli
Ossai
Enebeli
Ogwezi
Imegwu/Imedegwu
Ochonogor
Oputa/Opute

Ossai/Ohai is a common Anioma native name meaning the chosen
Enebeli means keep watching
Imegwu means fearless
Ochonogor means one who came out of kindness or as a return of gift better put: reciprocal gift!
Oputa: surprise birth

2 Likes

Re: Are Ukwuani People Igbos(ukwuani People Please Talk) by tonychristopher: 1:15am On Sep 21, 2014
omonuan:

Ossai/Ohai is a common Anioma native name meaning the chosen
Enebeli means keep watching
Imegwu means fearless
Ochonogor means one who came out of kindness or as a return of gift better put: reciprocal gift!
Oputa: surprise birth

They Are The Same With Mainland Igbo

I Said Oputa Means To Come Out Somebody Doubted Me...To Come Out From Womb Or Favor Depending On The Circumstance
IMO Bear That Name Charly Boy

Anambra Bear ThatAlso

So Tell Me Non Igboness Of ukwuani
Re: Are Ukwuani People Igbos(ukwuani People Please Talk) by Nobody: 4:34am On Sep 21, 2014
tonychristopher:

They Are The Same With Mainland Igbo

I Said Oputa Means To Come Out Somebody Doubted Me...To Come Out From Womb Or Favor Depending On The Circumstance
IMO Bear That Name Charly Boy

Anambra Bear ThatAlso

So Tell Me Non Igboness Of ukwuani

I do not disagree with you at all. I am waiting to be educated as to how Ukwuani is not Igbo too. Stay tuned!
Re: Are Ukwuani People Igbos(ukwuani People Please Talk) by victor1464(m): 6:59am On Sep 25, 2014
Stop stayin wat u dont know..im an ukwuani/ndokwa boy..our tribe is not igbo..but its an igboid group of language(laguage with ancestral similarities)..igboid group of ethnic groups r igbo,ikwere,ika,andoni,ukwuani,etc...d edoid groups r bini,esan,etsako,owan,urobo,isoke,etc..hence u cannot say dat an isan man is a bini man,or an etsako man is a bini man..they r different tribes wit similarities...this also applies to other languages too..we have yoruboid group,d yoruba and itsekiri...an itsekiri man is not a yoruba man...in Nigeria so many tribes r interelated...an isoko man is also not an urobo man despite d similarities...4rm dis prove ukwuani tribe is not igbo.it is a different tribe entirely......if u want to know more about UKWUANI PEOPLE..just Google "Ukwuani" then u will know wat im sayin....
Re: Are Ukwuani People Igbos(ukwuani People Please Talk) by victor1464(m): 7:56am On Sep 25, 2014
Stop stayin wat u dont know..im an ukwuani/ndokwa boy.ukwuani cannot read or speak igbo.we only understand our ukwuani language..our tribe is not igbo..but its an igboid group of language(language with ancestral similarities)..igboid group of ethnic groups r igbo,ikwere,ika,andoni,ukwuani,etc...d edoid groups r bini,esan,etsako,owan,urobo,isoke,etc..hence u cannot say dat an esan man is a bini man,or an etsako man is a bini man..they r different tribes wit similarities...this also applies to other languages too..we have yoruboid group,d yoruba and itsekiri...an itsekiri man is not a yoruba man...in Nigeria so many tribes r interelated...an isoko man is also not an urobo man despite d similarities...4rm dis prove ukwuani tribe is not igbo.it is a different tribe entirely......if u want to know more about UKWUANI PEOPLE..just Google "Ukwuani" then u will know wat im sayin....
Re: Are Ukwuani People Igbos(ukwuani People Please Talk) by victor1464(m): 7:24am On Sep 27, 2014
u igbo should kip quiet and say wat u know about urselvs.dont say nonsense about our ukwuani people..the urobo man dont 4ce iskoko 2b an urobo,neither d bini man 4ce an esan or etsako man 2 becom bini..igbo language was gotten 4rm Ukwuani language.u igbos r speakin adultrated ukwuani language..i advice u people 2 learn d real language called ukwuani and stop speakin wat we dont understand(slave tongue).The UKWUANIS r MAIN PEOPLE....UKWUANI is a language dat is similar to ur language language n edo language..it is found in delta state n ndokwa,east,west nd ukwuani l.g.a..but yet it considered as an ethnic group in nigeria but it is a part d anioma(a socio-cultural group of delta state)..even urobo n isoko r similar too,bini n eshan too,igala nd idoma too..respect every tribe 4 who they r so dat peace will reign in dis nation..we can ourselves brothers instead of abusin our selves

Re: Are Ukwuani People Igbos(ukwuani People Please Talk) by RAQUEL01(f): 10:10pm On Sep 27, 2014
victor1464: u igbo should kip quiet and say wat u know about urselvs.dont say nonsense about our ukwuani people..the urobo man dont 4ce iskoko 2b an urobo,neither d bini man 4ce an esan or etsako man 2 becom bini..igbo language was gotten 4rm Ukwuani language.u igbos r speakin adultrated ukwuani language..i advice u people 2 learn d real language called ukwuani and stop speakin wat we dont understand(slave tongue).The UKWUANIS r MAIN PEOPLE....UKWUANI is a language dat is similar to ur language language n edo language..it is found in delta state n ndokwa,east,west nd ukwuani l.g.a..but yet it considered as an ethnic group in nigeria but it is a part d anioma(a socio-cultural group of delta state)..even urobo n isoko r similar too,bini n eshan too,igala nd idoma too..respect every tribe 4 who they r so dat peace will reign in dis nation..we can ourselves brothers instead of abusin our selves

You sound so confused and as if you are running away from something that is not even pursuing you. The question remains what does it mean to be Igbo? You really need to open up your mind and seek for answers and stop running away from your shadow. Shalom

1 Like

Re: Are Ukwuani People Igbos(ukwuani People Please Talk) by victor1464(m): 12:39am On Sep 28, 2014
U enuani aniocha igbo people should stop tellin greate lies...we d Ukwuanis know dat u r very much igbos..i wonda how an aniocha man will be tellin d history of d ukwuani ethnicity which it doesnt know..i fear oooo.KENIESHIE?...4 ur big bunch of lies..we had no ukwuani man in biafra soldier..d biafra war didnt touch any part of our ndokwa land neither ukwuani people were killed because dey d nigerian soldiers had their route maps in thier hands,they new d igbo boundries which was aniocha(igbo area)of delta state..dey knew ukwuani as anoda ethnic group,dey spoke a different language dat sounds different 4rm igbo...so crossin d boundry will be a greate disaster..ukwuani territory neva witnessed or recorded any hit or killing by nigeria soldiers in any major town like obiaruku,kwale etc..so dont say wat u dont know....it is only aniocha people dat were killed mostly ISHIEGWARI yo!!!
Re: Are Ukwuani People Igbos(ukwuani People Please Talk) by victor1464(m): 12:49am On Sep 28, 2014
U enuani aniocha igbo people should stop tellin greate lies...we d Ukwuanis know dat u r very much igbos..i wonda how an aniocha man will be tellin d history of d ukwuani ethnicity which it doesnt know..i fear oooo.KENIESHIE kEDIkENI??4 ur big bunch of lies..we had no ukwuani man in biafra soldier..d biafra war didnt touch any part of our ndokwa land neither ukwuani people were killed because dey d nigerian soldiers had their route maps in thier hands,they new d igbo boundries which was aniocha(igbo area)of delta state..dey knew ukwuani as anoda ethnic group,dey spoke a different language dat sounds different 4rm igbo...so crossin d boundry will be a greate disaster..ukwuani territory neva witnessed or recorded any hit or killing by nigeria soldiers in any major town like obiaruku,kwale etc..so dont say wat u dont know....it is only aniocha people dat were killed mostly ISHIEGWARI yo!
Re: Are Ukwuani People Igbos(ukwuani People Please Talk) by victor1464(m): 12:58am On Sep 28, 2014
Hey mr man..dont 4ce ur igboness on ukwuani ethnicty..i hv told u igbos so many times dat Ukwuani is an ethnic group dat speaks a language dat is considerd similar to edo and igbo language..d fact dat it falls under d igboid class of language dosnt make it igbo language.it was even d colonial masters dat made our ethnicity 2 very much popular because dey saw our culture and loved it more dan dat of d igbos....although d UKWUANIS hav been xistin 1300bc b4 d igbos existence because dey came all d way 4rm d benin empire.im absolutely sure dat d igbos left 4rm ukwuani land to settle in d less fertile land fill with red mud sand and no space 4 dem dats y igbos always fight 4 land...ukwuani means d upland people bless with much land 4 agriculture.the ukwuani empires settled in d land because it was rich and fertile 4 agriculture.we also tnk God dat d ukwuanis r so much bless with d black gold(crude oil and gas).dis is to tell u dat dey settled in d right place b4 d igbos in d east...for example,u cannot assume an urobo man 2b isoko,a bini 2b called esan,an efik man 2b called ibibio,an idoma 2b called igala,an itsekiri man 2b called yoruba man...it sounds foolish dat u igbos dont understand tins...for ur informatn it is not d igbos dat created d multi ethnic groups in nigeria so mind ur business and dont b jealous because d ukwuanis hav wat u dont have..i wish u igbos had kings dey would hav created ethnic groups...but we d ukwuanis have rulers called okpala-ukus who ruled 4 many years..they were d ones dat projected d ukwuanis to wat it is 2day.....The truth is bitter but it is good 4u igbos 2know dat we remain seperate ethnicity despite ur troubles... we d ukwuani people reject d igbos as their ethnic group because 99% speaks ukwuani language and dont understand igbo(1%)...my grand parents dont understand igbo...iv lived in kogi state,many igbos taugth dat i was a part of dem...but later found out dat i couldnt communicate wit dem in Igbo language as i was speakin my UkWUANI so they left me alone...d ukwuani culture and traditions ar totaly different 4rm dat of d igbos.their way of life,music relationship is totaly different...d igbos who have being trading in ukwuani land have even isolated themselves 4rm d ukwuani people because dey have found out everytin is different 4rm wat dey assumed..d igbos had 2 compensate themselves by celebratin their igbo cultural day in isolated places such as school playgrounds,gardens,school football stadiums etc....d northern region of nigeria has so many tribes..does it mean dat u will call dem hausa ...those in d middle belt areas(bassa,nupe,igala,idoma,tiv,etc) r not hausa but hav gotten much influence 4rm d nothern regiom may b by religious influences dat makes majority of us in d south 2 call them hausa which they r not....and so it is here in d southern region..d ukwuani people r found in d niger delta central region which hav much influences 4rm d ijaws,urobo,isoko,bini, and d larger part of igbo....all dis doesnt make dem igbo...4 ur infomation d Ukwuanis r not igbos and will neva accept it...d ukwuani is a seperat ethnic entity..we call u igbos our neigbours and somtimes our brothers.. D igbos and d ukwuani people of delta state will only come 2geda wen it bcoms political necessary and that is wat we r doin now workin 4d creation of a new state 4rm delta state called ANIOMA STATE which both 4d UkwuANIS and Igbos(aniocha people)
Re: Are Ukwuani People Igbos(ukwuani People Please Talk) by victor1464(m): 12:59am On Sep 28, 2014
Im ukwuani 4rm kwale(utgba-ogbe)..i dont understand wat d igbos speak ooooh.i wonda how com de want to teach us our own history i fear oo.Most of dem havent even travel 2 our delta state 4 once; and because we get big heart dem dey fear us..i visited an igbo chuch in agbor delta state.i didnt even understand wat dey were sayin so i left d place because it sounded like noise 2me...hahahahahahahaha..UKWUANI NA BIG NAME 4 Delta STATE oooh,2nd largest tribe 4 dat mata!!!.SO NO TAKE Am play...ishiegwari ...yoooh!!!

1 Like

Re: Are Ukwuani People Igbos(ukwuani People Please Talk) by victor1464(m): 7:05am On Sep 28, 2014
D average ukwuani man doesnt understand d general Igbo...so hw will de communicate with d entire igbo world which speaks d general language??dis is y it is not called igbo...ukwuani speaks a unique language and it is d only language of d people..

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply)

Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse / If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) / Origin Of The Word " Oyibo"..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.