Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,484 members, 7,816,146 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:34 AM

Ladies,how Do U Feel When A Guy Walks Up And Starts Toastin You? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies,how Do U Feel When A Guy Walks Up And Starts Toastin You? (8427 Views)

Guys What Would You Do If A Girl Walks Up To Toast You? / 3 Ways Many Guys Mess Up Wen Toastin & What Girls Think Of It / If Ur Girl Walks Up To U Now And Tells U She Is Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies,how Do U Feel When A Guy Walks Up And Starts Toastin You? by Oxone(m): 2:34am On May 31, 2009
FL Gators:

Then he and I wouldn't be friends, would we?

he might buy the "lets be friends first line" believing that things will change later & then before you know it, he finds himself in this position
Re: Ladies,how Do U Feel When A Guy Walks Up And Starts Toastin You? by Nobody: 2:37am On May 31, 2009
But he should respect her wishes and 'just be friends'.
Re: Ladies,how Do U Feel When A Guy Walks Up And Starts Toastin You? by Nobody: 2:39am On May 31, 2009
Oxone:

he might buy the "lets be friends first line" believing that things will change later & then before you know it, he finds himself in this position
The good thing about friendship is that you're given the opportunity to explore your Friend's personalities.
If he's the kinda person I can "handle" going out with, then no problem.
If he ain't the kinda, then with all due respect, I'll explain (with logic) why it won't work out.

That shouldn't stop him from giving me advice na. He's my FRIEND!
Re: Ladies,how Do U Feel When A Guy Walks Up And Starts Toastin You? by dayokanu(m): 2:42am On May 31, 2009
So Gators where do I stand? In the friends zone?
Re: Ladies,how Do U Feel When A Guy Walks Up And Starts Toastin You? by Oxone(m): 2:43am On May 31, 2009
ibkaye:

But he should respect her wishes and 'just be friends'.

would you be friend with a guy who you have the hots for & give him advice on how to date other gals? truthfully?

FL Gators:

The good thing about friendship is that you're given the opportunity to explore your Friend's personalities.
If he's the kinda person I can "handle" going out with, then no problem.
If he ain't the kinda, then with all due respect, I'll explain (with logic) why it won't work out.

That shouldn't stop him from giving me advice na. He's my FRIEND!

if you become her friend & gets to a certain level then going out is out of the question cos at that point you become like her brother/best friend & it doesnt ever cross her mind that you are a guy & dateable
Re: Ladies,how Do U Feel When A Guy Walks Up And Starts Toastin You? by Oxone(m): 2:45am On May 31, 2009
dayokanu:

Brother zone which is worse cos she'll go naked in front of you & not be embarrassed or expect you to feel a thing cos ur like a BROTHER!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ladies,how Do U Feel When A Guy Walks Up And Starts Toastin You? by Nobody: 2:45am On May 31, 2009
Oxone:

if you become her friend & gets to a certain level then going out is out of the question cos at that point you become like her brother/best friend & it doesnt ever cross her mind that you are a guy & dateable
True that, then all I have to say is "You're like a bro to me, it ain't gonna work out".

dayokanu:

Brother Dayo, you know the answer na tongue
Re: Ladies,how Do U Feel When A Guy Walks Up And Starts Toastin You? by No2Atheism(m): 2:47am On May 31, 2009
Everybody should please give me a flipping break:

1. Everybody starts off as strangers to each other ultimately, hence sooner or later a relationship or friendship has to start with a conversation however awkward it maybe.

2. Because a guy approaches a lady does not mean he's toasting her, cus a guy can just want to have a conversation with the lady, whereas the lady might think he's toasting her cus he's saying what she wants to hear.

3. That a guy walks up to you and start toasting you does not mean that is the first time he saw you, he might actually have been observing you from away trying to check whether or not you have the character, manner, mentality and body shape that he prefers.

4. In extreme cases in which a guys starts toasting you right away despite that that was the first time he laid eyes on you, then it means either:

- he finds you extremely attractive and he does not want to lose you or the opportunity of approaching you
    - or he's just looking to get laid with you that night or soon.
    - or he's just practising his moves on you.
Re: Ladies,how Do U Feel When A Guy Walks Up And Starts Toastin You? by Nobody: 2:47am On May 31, 2009
Oxone:

Brother zone which is worse cos she'll go naked in front of you & not be embarrassed or expect you to feel a thing cos ur like a BROTHER!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Thank you jare.
I don tell am say I no wan commit incest tongue tongue tongue
Re: Ladies,how Do U Feel When A Guy Walks Up And Starts Toastin You? by oyinda3(f): 2:47am On May 31, 2009
dayokanu:

come on. haven't you been reading her posts? don't turn blind eyes to happiness man  grin grin
Re: Ladies,how Do U Feel When A Guy Walks Up And Starts Toastin You? by biina: 2:48am On May 31, 2009
That friendship zone is the recipe for becoming gbewudani aka bobo nice
Re: Ladies,how Do U Feel When A Guy Walks Up And Starts Toastin You? by Nobody: 2:49am On May 31, 2009
No2Atheism:

Everybody should please give me a flipping break:

1. Everybody starts off as strangers to each other ultimately, hence sooner or later a relationship or friendship has to start with a conversation however awkward it maybe.

2. Because a guy approaches a lady does not mean he's toasting her, cus a guy can just want to have a conversation with the lady, whereas the lady might think he's toasting her cus he's saying what she wants to hear.

3. That a guy walks up to you and start toasting you does not mean that is the first time he saw you, he might actually have been observing you from away trying to check whether or not you have the character, manner, mentality and body shape that he prefers.

4. In extreme cases in which a guys starts toasting you right away despite that that was the first time he laid eyes on you, then it means either:

- he finds you extremely attractive and he does not want to lose you or the opportunity of approaching you

A girl knows when she's been toasted.

Quite obvious, all these ashewo men running abt nowadays

biina:

rotflmao @ bobo nice grin grin grin
Re: Ladies,how Do U Feel When A Guy Walks Up And Starts Toastin You? by oyinda3(f): 2:51am On May 31, 2009
No2Atheism:

this is the type of guys the topic is referring to. Read the title of the thread jeez
guys who walk up to girls and start toasting right away.
Re: Ladies,how Do U Feel When A Guy Walks Up And Starts Toastin You? by C2H5OH(f): 2:52am On May 31, 2009
me nko where am i standing or where do i sit.
Re: Ladies,how Do U Feel When A Guy Walks Up And Starts Toastin You? by Nobody: 2:52am On May 31, 2009
"toasting" a woman is for small boys . . . at some point you have to grow up and tell the woman exactly what it is you want. If she's game then both of you can carry go . . . no pretence.
Re: Ladies,how Do U Feel When A Guy Walks Up And Starts Toastin You? by Nobody: 2:53am On May 31, 2009
Oxone:

would you be friend with a guy who you have the hots for & give him advice on how to date other gals? truthfully?
Are we talking about if the guy has confessed to the friend and she turned him down or is he just secretly lusting after, she has no idea about his true feelings for her? Because if it is the case where she turned him down, there must be a good reason for it and if they are good friends, she would have explained to him about why she does not want to date him, not just leave him hanging and bearing in mind her reasons and assurance that nothing can happen between them, why not advise her, I mean, there are plenty more fishes in the sea, unless we are talking about love here, are we talking about love? However, if the girl has absolutely no idea about his feelings, it's not her fault if she asks him for advice etc

Referring to the question you asked me, if I had let my feelings known to my friend and he turned me down, gave me reasons etc, I'll just have to respect his wishes and move on eventually, assured that nothing will happen between us, sure Ill give him advise, it will be hard, but he's my FRIEND.
Re: Ladies,how Do U Feel When A Guy Walks Up And Starts Toastin You? by dayokanu(m): 2:53am On May 31, 2009
Brother zone shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked  Yeeparipa.

I no do again.

But wait Gators, dem say u wan go naked in front of moi, Well that wont be bad

They are wrong most of the time. Most girls try to boost their rep by claiming guys toast them. If a guy sits beside them in a bus they would go to their friends and claim they were toasted
Re: Ladies,how Do U Feel When A Guy Walks Up And Starts Toastin You? by No2Atheism(m): 2:54am On May 31, 2009
FL Gators:

rotflmao @ bobo nice grin grin grin

What the girl knows does not necessarily mean that same thing as what the guy implied.

For example the mere use of the word "sweetdreams" can mean different things to different people depending on their expectations,

Hence if a girl expects to be toasted, she would always interprete most approaches by men as act of toasting or otherwise she would think nothing of most conversations.
Re: Ladies,how Do U Feel When A Guy Walks Up And Starts Toastin You? by Nobody: 2:55am On May 31, 2009
toast a girl . . . never toast a woman, its a turn off.
Re: Ladies,how Do U Feel When A Guy Walks Up And Starts Toastin You? by Nobody: 2:55am On May 31, 2009
dayokanu:

If a guy sits beside them in a bus they would go to their friends and claim they were toasted
Re: Ladies,how Do U Feel When A Guy Walks Up And Starts Toastin You? by Oxone(m): 2:56am On May 31, 2009
biina:

bobo nice who doesn't get any grin grin grin grin grin grin

davidylan:

"toasting" a woman is for small boys . . . at some point you have to grow up and tell the woman exactly what it is you want. If she's game then both of you can carry go . . . no pretence.

ofcourse she'll pretend outrage if you are that blunt cos it written in some invisible rule book of theirs. only rare ladies would take you up on your offer if she fancies you.
anyway the thrill of the game is in the chase, nothing like getting what you want after a game of cat & mouse
Re: Ladies,how Do U Feel When A Guy Walks Up And Starts Toastin You? by No2Atheism(m): 2:57am On May 31, 2009
oyinda.:

this is the type of guys the topic is referring to. Read the title of the thread jeez
guys who walk up to girls and start toasting right away.

No no no you didn't shocked shocked shocked, FL Gators u better warn her, if she puts finger in my mouth i would bite o, grin grin grin
Re: Ladies,how Do U Feel When A Guy Walks Up And Starts Toastin You? by oyinda3(f): 2:57am On May 31, 2009
dayokanu:

They are wrong most of the time. Most girls try to boost their rep by claiming guys toast them. If a guy sits beside them in a bus they would go to their friends and claim they were toasted

LMAO  grin grin
Re: Ladies,how Do U Feel When A Guy Walks Up And Starts Toastin You? by oyinda3(f): 2:57am On May 31, 2009
sorry o #2atheist I don't want wahala tongue
Re: Ladies,how Do U Feel When A Guy Walks Up And Starts Toastin You? by Nobody: 2:59am On May 31, 2009
dayokanu:

Brother zone shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked  Yeeparipa.

I no do again.

But wait Gators, dem say u wan go naked in front of moi, Well that wont be bad

Dayo, you're like a bro to me. So I don't expect my unclothedness to have an impact on ya. So e no matter, abi?

Rotlmao, boost what rep? Having strangers want to get to stalk know you some more?

No2Atheism:

What the girl knows does not necessarily mean that same thing as what the guy implied.

For example the mere use of the word "sweetdreams" can mean different things to different people depending on their expectations,

Hence if a girl expects to be toasted, she would always interprete most approaches by men as act of toasting or otherwise she would think nothing of most conversations.
you and the word sweetdreams sha.

I know when am being toasted, and its always a pleasure to say no.
Re: Ladies,how Do U Feel When A Guy Walks Up And Starts Toastin You? by Nobody: 3:00am On May 31, 2009
Oxone:

ofcourse she'll pretend outrage if you are that blunt cos it written in some invisible rule book of theirs. only rare ladies would take you up on your offer if she fancies you.
anyway the thrill of the game is in the chase, nothing like getting what you want after a game of cat & mouse

I dont believe in cat and mouse . . . i dont believe in a chase either. the longest i've ever been in a "chase" was 2 weeks and that was because i literarily put my foot down and refused to let her take another 1hr to "think" about an answer she already had a month ago. Why delay the yes anyway? The earlier the better . . . lets get jiggy with it.  grin

But on a more serious note, perhaps its because i'm more blunt and sensitive than other guys . . . i'd rather have a no now and not have to wake up tomorrow worrying about what you will say.
Re: Ladies,how Do U Feel When A Guy Walks Up And Starts Toastin You? by Nobody: 3:01am On May 31, 2009
No2Atheism:

No no no you didn't shocked shocked shocked, FL Gators u better warn her, if she puts finger in my mouth i would bite o, grin grin grin
bite her and see if I odn't bite you tongue tongue
Re: Ladies,how Do U Feel When A Guy Walks Up And Starts Toastin You? by Oxone(m): 3:04am On May 31, 2009
ibkaye:

Are we talking about if the guy has confessed to the friend and she turned him down or is he just secretly lusting after, she has no idea about his true feelings for her? Because if it is the case where she turned him down, there must be a good reason for it and if they are good friends, she would have explained to him about why she does not want to date him, not just leave him hanging and bearing in mind her reasons and assurance that nothing can happen between them, why not advise her, I mean, there are plenty more fishes in the sea, unless we are talking about love here, are we talking about love? However, if the girl has absolutely no idea about his feelings, it's not her fault if she asks him for advice etc

Referring to the question you asked me, if I had let my feelings known to my friend and he turned me down, gave me reasons etc, I'll just have to respect his wishes and move on eventually, assured that nothing will happen between us, sure Ill give him advise, it will be hard, but he's my FRIEND.

good for you but i wont be her FRIEND if i want her (what kind of torture is that now)
i'll rather be an acquaintance who'll keep asking her out so that when her reason for not wanting to date me is no more there, she'll consider moi first before her "BEST FRIENDS" & "BROTHERS"
Re: Ladies,how Do U Feel When A Guy Walks Up And Starts Toastin You? by Nobody: 3:05am On May 31, 2009
Oxone:

good for you but i wont be her FRIEND if i want her (what kind of torture is that now)
i'll rather be an acquaintance who'll keep asking her out so that when her reason for not wanting to date me is no more there, she'll consider moi first before her "BEST FRIENDS" & "BROTHERS"
Oh my goodness, determination or stubbornesswhat shocked tongue grin
Re: Ladies,how Do U Feel When A Guy Walks Up And Starts Toastin You? by dayokanu(m): 3:05am On May 31, 2009
Most gals would feel they are being toasted when the guy was just asking innocent questions.

Ask any girl the number of toasters she has and she would count millions,

Maybe dem dey toast them for dream. When u are with a girl she claims all her Professors, brothers friends, colleagues and everyone toasted her at one point

Dayo, you're like a bro to me. So I don't expect my unclothedness to have an impact on ya. So e no matter, abi?

Try am first
Re: Ladies,how Do U Feel When A Guy Walks Up And Starts Toastin You? by Oxone(m): 3:07am On May 31, 2009
davidylan:

But on a more serious note, perhaps its because i'm more blunt and sensitive than other guys . . . i'd rather have a no now and not have to wake up tomorrow worrying about what you will say.

For some gals the mind games is a prerequisite for dating them, they'll never fall for a guy who is blunt cos they want to make it look like they were cajoled into the relationship when they've had the hots for you from day 1.
moderation is the key word in the mind game & the key is knowing when to play & when to be blunt
Re: Ladies,how Do U Feel When A Guy Walks Up And Starts Toastin You? by No2Atheism(m): 3:09am On May 31, 2009
FL Gators:

Somebody dey look for trouble, no be my mouth dem go hear say Dayo go make you miss ur period (sorry i mean schedule grin grin grin),

FL Gators:

Rotlmao, boost what rep? Having strangers want to get to stalk know you some more?
you and the word sweetdreams sha.

One cannot be too careful now, cus i don't want to be responsible for any disappointment now  grin grin grin grin

FL Gators:

I know when am being toasted, and[b] its always a pleasure to say no[/b].

See pride,

--------------------------------------

@oyinda. now worry i just dey joke with you, FL Gators is my one and only supplier of bitty so i would not bite you, i am not greedy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Big Breast Causing Confusion Everywhere Instagram,nairaland,ikeja& Aso Rock(Pics / Lagos Big Girl EXPOSED Her Gargantuan B0000bs On IG (see Se’xy Photos) / Can A Poor Girl Love Genuinely ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.