Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,189 members, 7,835,951 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:02 PM

CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS (37985 Views)

Osinbajo Urges Africa Nations To Develop Robust Tax Administration Systems / CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISI / Why Are Wealthy Arab Nations Doing Nothing To Help Muslim Refugees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by Nobody: 7:45am On Dec 17, 2015
GogetterMD:

BH has pledged alliance to Daesh(IS), so it's more of a splinter terror cell of ISIS in west Africa. Now they want to form a coalition to cut ISIS down to size (much like the MNJTF), you are here claiming islamization of Nigeria. Like say more than half the population of Nigerians ain't Muslims before.
Now that help is minimal and we need as many hands as possible to put an end to this scourge once and forall, CAN is here spilling balderdash.

P.S. before you start shouting and screaming Arab nations, don't forget that Isreal is also an Arab nation
God Almighty forbid Israel being called Arab nation.Tufiajwa!!!
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by loomer: 7:46am On Dec 17, 2015
GogetterMD:

BH has pledged alliance to Daesh(IS), so it's more of a splinter terror cell of ISIS in west Africa. Now they want to form a coalition to cut ISIS down to size (much like the MNJTF), you are here claiming islamization of Nigeria. Like say more than half the population of Nigerians ain't Muslims before.
Now that help is minimal and we need as many hands as possible to put an end to this scourge once and forall, CAN is here spilling balderdash.

P.S. before you start shouting and screaming Arab nations, don't forget that Isreal is also an Arab nation

Oga, nigeria no be muslim state.
And by the way make we face the one wey dey our country finish.
USA, Russia and all the big guns never fit fight IS na nigeria nai wan fight.
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by Mlaide(m): 7:46am On Dec 17, 2015
Isreal can also list Nigeria as a Jewish Nation or India should list us as a Buddhist Nation na dem sabi how will that stop me from knowing the God I serve......
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by Mynd44: 7:46am On Dec 17, 2015
thunder74:

Why was USA, UK, France not named Arab and Islamic nations, aftral they are fighting ISIS too?
When you said "technically", kindly explain. I am a Nigerian, and legally, Nigerian is a secular state and #iamnotamuslim.
Because Babangida added is to the OIC and our dear GEJ attended their meeting.

Hell, he is the first and only Nigerian president to attend
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by xreal: 7:46am On Dec 17, 2015
GogetterMD:

It's a coalition of "Muslim" and "Arab" nations, and unfortunately for you, Nigeria is a Muslim nation

leave your locality and tour round.
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by kennethchidi(m): 7:47am On Dec 17, 2015
BALLOSKI:
The boko Haram here has pledged allegiance with ISIS , so what's wrong in being listed among nations that would fight them?
He said there is nothing wrong in joining the fight against ISIS,but the problem is being listed as a muslim or arab country bros.
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by AustineE1: 7:47am On Dec 17, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Nigeria is technically an Islamic Country by virtue of her OIC's membership. I don't see anything wrong in joining a coalition against ISIS if the military force will wipe out Boko haram. It is unfortunate that we tend to neglect the substance to focus on the form of the package.
You never fail to dissappoint me,where were these Arabs when Boko haram was busy battering and spillaging our land. If there where no ISIS and then Boko Haram keeps attacking us,do you think that the so-called Islamic nations would come to our aid. Except you subscribe to the notion that Arab muslim nations are more important than Africa 'muslim' nations.
When J*njaweed militias was busy committing genocide against fellow muslims who are blacks,in Darfur Sudan. The muslim world kept quiet because they were just black muslims and worth nothing.
My stand on this,is that Nigeria must stay away from such coalition and focus on its joint effort with our neighbouring countries to defeat boko haram.
So because Nigeria was unlawfully smuggled into OIC by thesame PMB/IBB,we should then accept and celebrate the illegality.When we begged the US of A,to sell arms to us,they didnt,sighting flimsy excuses and with the kind of influence Saudi Arabia has on America,they should have helped our cause but they careless.

17 Likes

Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by luvinhubby(m): 7:47am On Dec 17, 2015
patrick89:

Why didn't Saudi enlist Iran? As if we don't know that ISIL and bokoharam are the Sunni and wahabis militants led by Arab (Saudi Arabia) while Shiite is the militia of Shia led bby Iran. For those of you who don't know, ask yourself why presstv and Iranian government had been so much concerned about the killing of Shias. Did you know that the money given to these Shia group annually by Iran is bigger than some state's annnual budget.
The thing is simple, the Saudi Arabia coalition is meant to fight Shiite alone! I challenge the Sunnis here to disagree with this assertion!
If you are in middle east, you will understand that the problem of Islam is self inflicted, and they know that.
The civil war in Yemen and Syria is another typical experimentation of power and superiority contest between Arabs and Persians. I don't want to go into details, but I tell you the crisis that will emanate from northern nigeria is bigger than what you guys are imagining.
Buhari was vehemently against the killings of bokoharam, because BH is for sunnis, when you hear, that BH also kill Muslims, make no mistake about it, the Shia are the victims here! The Sunni led by buhari are fully insupport of the killings.

Scary but true.
undecided

2 Likes

Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by Pascal181: 7:48am On Dec 17, 2015
some of us saw it coming but some gullible so called Christians who were carried away by apc lies wouldnt listen but joined hands in voting a foundamentalist into poer if not how can d entire leadership of a party be from a particular religion. what do u expect?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by Davo93(m): 7:48am On Dec 17, 2015
GogetterMD:

See how you are distorting facts. How does Israel being an Arab nation affect this? Moreover, who told you Israel is one? As at the last time I checked, Israel is regarded as Jewish and Democratic State.

Answer these questions and the truth will set you free
1. What is an Arab nation?
2. Is Nigeria situated in the Middle East?
3. Because half of the Nigerian population is Muslim, should Nigeria be declared an Islamic State?
4. Do you even know the implications of a nation declared as an Islamic State?
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by elvisdaniels(m): 7:49am On Dec 17, 2015
BALLOSKI:
The boko Haram we fight here has pledged allegiance with ISIS , so what's wrong in being listed among nations that would fight them?
Is Nigeria an Arab nation? Gradually the Muslim northerners are bringing forth their agenda..

5 Likes

Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by Snoolv360(m): 7:49am On Dec 17, 2015
See miracle, we never defeat boko haram and fuel scarcity finish, nah to face ISIS be the next thing?

1 Like

Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by opey25(m): 7:49am On Dec 17, 2015
patrick89:

Why didn't Saudi enlist Iran? As if we don't know that ISIL and bokoharam are the Sunni and wahabis militants led by Arab (Saudi Arabia) while Shiite is the militia of Shia led bby Iran. For those of you who don't know, ask yourself why presstv and Iranian government had been so much concerned about the killing of Shias. Did you know that the money given to these Shia group annually by Iran is bigger than some state's annnual budget.
The thing is simple, the Saudi Arabia coalition is meant to fight Shiite alone! I challenge the Sunnis here to disagree with this assertion!
If you are in middle east, you will understand that the problem of Islam is self inflicted, and they know that.
The civil war in Yemen and Syria is another typical experimentation of power and superiority contest between Arabs and Persians. I don't want to go into details, but I tell you the crisis that will emanate from northern nigeria is bigger than what you guys are imagining.
Buhari was vehemently against the killings of bokoharam, because BH is for sunnis, when you hear, that BH also kill Muslims, make no mistake about it, the Shia are the victims here! The Sunni led by buhari are fully insupport of the killings.
u mean boko Haram has never killed a Sunni muslim in nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by SamuelIgurube(m): 7:52am On Dec 17, 2015
Buhari is on a mission to islamize naija. Am not surprise at all.
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by smartsammie(m): 7:52am On Dec 17, 2015
kenny987:
First, u start by asking what d major problem of Igbos are, with that silly nickname that better describes u and urs. Is CAN an Igbo organisation? Are Igbos d only Christians in Nigeria?

You go further to expose ur unparalleled lack of understanding about these issues. Is Nigeria an islamic country? Should such an involvement not be debated properly within our domain before getting involved? There is a reason Nigeria must abstain from certain labels which otherwise pass a wrong message which begins to confirm certain suspicions and stir the already irate hornet's nest!

On what basis do u assume that more than half of Nigeria's population are muslim? U are the kind that just like to make statements for the hell of it without proper regard and thought.

You are blessed. I wonder why some old fools won' t take time to think and allow religion to blind them. All they know is fight, war and commotion!!! Haba!!! More than half of Nigerians are Muslims so that has justified Nigeria been an Islamic state. Blockhead. That's why the Northern part of this country will Never develop.
I rest my case
#IslamBad

1 Like

Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by Dannyset(m): 7:53am On Dec 17, 2015
One of the many problems of this Country is that, people can so dumb and dull at the same time that nobody even cares to question their dumbness.

Did you not read there that Nigeria was only listed there as a Muslim nation, and not that Nigeria listed herself or as totally accepted the listing as a Muslim country?

Why are we so political in everything? Why mention Buhari who has not even agreed to any of the agreement?
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by Nobody: 7:53am On Dec 17, 2015
EternalTruths:

What is the difference between you and BH that wants to force Islam down our throats undecided

Nigeria is not a Muslim country angry

If you do not know Babangida already enlisted Nigeria as a member country of Islamic nations. If you have any gripe with that take it up with past governments.
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by davspog2(m): 7:53am On Dec 17, 2015
Good one CAN is finally awakening to it's responsibilities!

1 Like

Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by marshallz(m): 7:54am On Dec 17, 2015
GogetterMD:

in your dreams Nigeria is a 'muslim country', stay there and keep wailing all your plans to Islamise the Nigerian state will never see the light of day that is crystal clear..Abacha tried it we all know how he ended up, and never Joker, called President, group that have similar plan shall also fall through like a brick of cards Q.E.D.

3 Likes

Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by dammytosh: 7:54am On Dec 17, 2015
kaypound:
Are they not fighting boko haram already.
What is the difference btw isis and BH?

Anyways I would advice if my opinion counts is that they should focus on BH and finish with them first except they have intelligence they want to share with other nations concerning isis gotten from BH suspects.

Dnt mind the hypocrites

They said country fighting terrorism.

We have a fairly large share of the battle and it makes sense we join the fight.
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by herald9: 7:55am On Dec 17, 2015
I'm not scared of Islamization, but will they allow the unbelievers be?

Islam has a reputation for forced conversion. undecided
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by lastuff(m): 7:55am On Dec 17, 2015
EternalTruths:

What is the difference between you and BH that wants to force Islam down our throats undecided

Nigeria is not a Muslim country angry

Una go shout aleluya on our head inside commercial bus no wahala, we are joining a group to fight extremists, See wahala . hypocrisy of the highest rank.

1 Like

Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by Dragonking: 7:55am On Dec 17, 2015
I blame the yorubas who fo0lishly went to vote for this terrorist called buhari...They were warned but they didnt believe. Now we can all see buharis main plan which is to islamize nigeria...Buhari is just traveling up and down while the country burns.
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by dammytosh: 7:56am On Dec 17, 2015
SamuelIgurube:
Buhari is on a mission to islamize naija. Am not surprise at all.

Yea opportunity to show who u voted for.

Crap
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by Mackson01: 7:57am On Dec 17, 2015
Nigeria can join in the fight against Isis/BH but not as a Muslim state. Beware!
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by luvinhubby(m): 7:58am On Dec 17, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Nigeria is technically an Islamic Country by virtue of her OIC's membership. I don't see anything wrong in joining a coalition against ISIS if the military force will wipe out Boko haram. It is unfortunate that we tend to neglect the substance to focus on the form of the package.
If you do not know, the subtle move that ended with the nocturnal and controversial enlistment of Nigeria into to OIC by IBB started in such a similar fashion with Buhari in 1985. What is wrong in building a coalition without calling them Arabs or Moslem coalition and what type of coalition is Saudi Arabia trying to build without Iran in the middle east.

Buhari is gradually dragging Nigeria into an intra-religious Islamic conflict that will make Irag a child's play.

Buhari - Sunni
Saudi - Sunni
Boko Haram-sunni
Iran - Shia
Elzakky-Shia

Try do the Arithmetic and see where am coming from.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by onfu1968: 7:59am On Dec 17, 2015
America, France, Israel and other big countries are they Arabs or Muslims? When GEJ was collaborating with Israel who ask questions? Baba go ahead with your good work, fight corruption, fight Terrorist and lets have rest of mind in our country. God bless you Baba. carry go.

1 Like

Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by TruthHurts1(m): 7:59am On Dec 17, 2015
There's no excuse for this sort of rubbish. If Nigeria is an Islamic country, does that mean our constitution is an islamic constitution? Or that our army is an Islamic Army which doesn't have any serving or active members from other religions? What is exactly was the criteria for classifying Nigeria as an islamic State (IS)? That is the problem with these raggies. They are so presumptious and tactless and so much in disregard of other religions that they believe they can take decisions on behalf of non-muslims and the non-muslims will simply tag along. Lest they forget,if they carry on with their mentality, Nigeria is not as unbreakable as they think it is. The can only push the rest of us so far before we take action to defend our rights.
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by bumi10(m): 8:01am On Dec 17, 2015
I no talk am ............................

Abacha fanatism and Buhari is starting

1 Like

Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by drberry(m): 8:01am On Dec 17, 2015
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:02am On Dec 17, 2015
thunder74:

Why was USA, UK, France not named Arab and Islamic nations, aftral they are fighting ISIS too?
When you said "technically", kindly explain. I am a Nigerian, and legally, Nigerian is a secular state and #iamnotamuslim.
I'm not a muslim either but the countries you mentioned are not OIC members. Nigeria isn't as secular as you think. If it is secular, we won't be having religious pilgrimage boards, neither will part of the country be practising sharia.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

N24b Office Complex: Magu Shocked Me, Says Ex-efcc Chair Waziri / Army Withdraws Security From Akwa Ibom Government House, Governor Udom Cries / Taskforce Raid Okorocha’s Daughter’s Shopping Complex, Scores Wounded

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.