Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,273 members, 7,836,228 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:46 PM

CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS (37994 Views)

Osinbajo Urges Africa Nations To Develop Robust Tax Administration Systems / CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISI / Why Are Wealthy Arab Nations Doing Nothing To Help Muslim Refugees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by lucianohase(m): 9:09am On Dec 17, 2015
Nigeria is a secular state so they should delist nigeria from their islamic bullshit group. Besides, does FG think that shrewd and hard core terrorists like saudi arabia and other middle east terror sponsoring countries are bent on destroying daesh( ISIS) whom they covertly sponsor? I doubt, read http://sputniknews.com/politics/20151216/1031858653/saudi-coalition-pakistan-commentary.html. Moreover, Iran is excluded....what is the chief terror country's (saudi arabia) real motive? Read: http:// sputniknews.com/ middleeast/20151216/ 1031861992/saudi-terrorism-coalition.html. To me I see the hand of esau but hears the voice of jacob...This is a military alliance which has the full support of US. Read : http://sputniknews.com/middleeast/20151217/ 1031867775/saudi-coalition-confusion.html. My concern is that nigeria is about to be dragged into a war between sunnis n shite moslems whose main target is iran, our secular status notwithstanding. The FG should reject this, we r not an islamic country so we shouldn't be included.
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by Chubhie: 9:10am On Dec 17, 2015
erusen:
have u heard the word secular
There's nothing in Nigeria that points she's secular. She only appears secular in constitution but not in practice.

1 Like

Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by x12345678x: 9:10am On Dec 17, 2015
GogetterMD:

BH has pledged alliance to Daesh(IS), so it's more of a splinter terror cell of ISIS in west Africa. Now they want to form a coalition to cut ISIS down to size (much like the MNJTF), you are here claiming islamization of Nigeria. Like say more than half the population of Nigerians ain't Muslims before.
Now that help is minimal and we need as many hands as possible to put an end to this scourge once and forall, CAN is here spilling balderdash.

P.S. before you start shouting and screaming Arab nations, don't forget that Isreal is also an Arab nation
Isreal is not an Arab nation it's a Jewish state.
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by Nobody: 9:11am On Dec 17, 2015
emecheboy2:
I wonder why Nigerians don't face realty on ground, just about two to three days ago CNN and Aljazeera mentioned Nigeria as one of the islamic countries joining the coalition to fight terrorism. I even posted this issue on my facebook wall and almost everybody ignored me. Nigeria has being a member since the military era and i expected the CAN president to fight for that course during GEJ tenure but meanwhile is was acquiring wealth.
Buhari practices sunni islam and he will not do anything about it unless a Christian leader who is willing get there and delist our membership from this unholy union.

https://www.rt.com/news/325929-islamic-coalition-terrorism-saudi/

http://www.rte.ie/news/2015/1215/753584-saudi-arabia-islamic-state/

Nuff said
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by Nobody: 9:11am On Dec 17, 2015
CAN has turned itself into a political party and is counting on the religiosity and tribalism of the average Nigerian who suspends his common sense when religion or tribe comes up. Where was CAN when Babangida made Nigeria an observer at the OIC? How far did CAN defend Ebitu Ukiwe Babangida's then No 2 who protested against the move and was removed unceremoniously? Where was CAN when Yaradua made Nigeria a full member? This list is a rehash of all members on the OIC list it does not indicate that Nigeria will supply troops or fight anywhere outside Nigeria. The President continues to reiterate Nigerias secular status. Let CAN go and rest. They no longer speak for Nigerian interest only for those who received 7bn for election "prayers"
kellybently:

how is NIGERIA a christian country.

Nigeria is neither Muslims or Christian nation. Even babalawo,no get naija.
No one religion owns this nation. Islam always wants dominance, thats why the northerners use biro to steal from us. Use our money to fund terrorism and use our own money go finance ways to "stop " it.
From what the boko haram members want is two things an Islamic State (which is what the Northern Elders want) and er be paying them stipends, as they do in Niger Delta.

Curse be placed on whoever wants a one religion for Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by ruggedtimi(m): 9:11am On Dec 17, 2015
GogetterMD:

BH has pledged alliance to Daesh(IS), so it's more of a splinter terror cell of ISIS in west Africa. Now they want to form a coalition to cut ISIS down to size (much like the MNJTF), you are here claiming islamization of Nigeria. Like say more than half the population of Nigerians ain't Muslims before.
Now that help is minimal and we need as many hands as possible to put an end to this scourge once and forall, CAN is here spilling balderdash.

P.S. before you start shouting and screaming Arab nations, don't forget that Isreal is also an Arab nation
shut up..israel not an arab nation "1948 Arab–Israeli War"..same goes to nigeria.
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by babajeje123(m): 9:12am On Dec 17, 2015
Mattkent:

What the hell! A times I just feel some of you are just myopic..I beg to say.

This is not about being an Arab nation or not. We are plagued by boko haram that swore allegiance with Isis. if anything we should be glad that we are among the team who are at the fore front of destroying Isis/boko haram.

imagine Isis getting destabilize! imagine they lack power...resource and man power. now Imagine how that will affect boko haram morale. a lot of them by the grace of God will give up.

Nigeria may form a coalition with any group for all I care. But she should never be regarded as an Islamic nation. What a slap on other religions!

1 Like

Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by LadyExcellency: 9:17am On Dec 17, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

bros you see one of the problems of some of our ethnic and religious leaders is hypocrisy. Another is cluelessness, while another is blowing unnecessary alarm.

First, A Christian(Gowon) enlisted Nigeria as associate/observing member of OIC. Where was CAN? CAN remembered to raise their voice when IBB got Nigeria enlisted fully as OIC member in 1986 but everybody accepted and moved on. When the constitution was drafted and there was recognition of Sharia and Sharia courts, where was CAN? CAN only sprang up when Gov Sani Yerima of Zamfara state, Kwankwaso of Kano state, Ahmed Makarfi of Kaduna state and other Govs decided to implement the Sharia rule(which has constitutional legitimacy) in their domains. Even Obasanjo couldn't do anything because it was 'constitutional'. When OBJ himself atteended OIC conference where was can? When Jonathan did, where was CAN? When Yar'adua reaffirmed our membership, where was CAN?

The implication of OIC membership is that we have agreed to be Islamic Country. We may not all be muslims but our country wears Islamic regalia. Cameroon for instance is not within the geography of Central Africa but they signed up to be Central African State.

If we have been accepting the interest-free loans and grants from OIC and member states, why should we now oppose military alliance? So you see my angle?

Your understanding of international diplomacy and alliances is warp to say the least.

What has OIC (notwithstanding subsisting debate) got to do with this Confraternity of Arab (Sunni) Countries? You mean we can't have Non-align nations against ISIS even in OIC?

In this instance, we are faced with matters of wars and international alliances between people of the same religion, people and culture and moreover APC specifically designated Nigeria as a multicultural secular Country with no religious alignment whatsoever.

1 Like

Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by crowley407: 9:17am On Dec 17, 2015
Lolzz no nija is not Islamic nation its a roman catholic one. grin
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by erusen: 9:18am On Dec 17, 2015
Chubhie:
There's nothing in Nigeria that points she's secular. She only appears secular in constitution but not in practice.
secular means no pathicular religion.and so folks believe they are more muslims than christains in niger.some people need to leave the north and move around nigeria to destroyed that lie

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by proprince(m): 9:18am On Dec 17, 2015
It will never work. Nigeria is mostly populated by the Christians. I know about 5 northern states that are mostly populated by christians. Buhari you have failed.
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by thunder74(m): 9:18am On Dec 17, 2015
neoapocalypse:

You guys should get it into your thick skulls , NIGERIA IS AN ISLAMIC STATE!!!

10.- Prohibition of state eligion

The Government of the Federation or of a State shall not adopt any religion as State Religion.

Ibb government was a military government and arbitrary promoted lot of things including corruption.

Nigeria is now under democracy and what guides us now is the section of the Constitution I quoted above.
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by excel101(m): 9:19am On Dec 17, 2015
BALLOSKI:
The boko Haram we fight here has pledged allegiance with ISIS , so what's wrong in being listed among nations that would fight them?
. It means u did not took time to properly digest the post. The issue here is Nigeria was listed among the 20 Islamic nations that will fight against the ISIS group, whereas Nigeria is a circular nation.
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by Cityguy: 9:20am On Dec 17, 2015
BALLOSKI:
The boko Haram we fight here has pledged allegiance with ISIS , so what's wrong in being listed among nations that would fight them?
It is not about being listed to fight ISIL. It is about being tagged an 'islamic' or 'arab' nation. Nigeria is not islamic or arab and this should be drummed until it enters the skull of those in this government.
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by excel101(m): 9:20am On Dec 17, 2015
BALLOSKI:
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by Nobody: 9:22am On Dec 17, 2015
GogetterMD:

Hmmmmm. If truly dia is a islamic undertone toward Nigeria we know one tin for sure, they will try to reduce the Christian military influence to minimum level. Knowing the military is the strength of a Group, definitely More Christian soldiers wud b deployed to the called coalition force. Kingdom agenda are gradual tin, may take 50years, if not counter comes Fast.. one tin I know is dat the west are building counter mechanism toward the Arab influence by poking in to their regions to make dem feel librality. Still makes me feel islamization of Nigeria will Not b so Easy- because Nigeria is the heart beat of Both the West and the Arab.

1 Like

Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by babajeje123(m): 9:24am On Dec 17, 2015
neoapocalypse:

And why do you want to force your religion into other people's throat? For your information, Nigeria isn't AN ISLAMIC STATE!
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by Nobody: 9:25am On Dec 17, 2015
neoapocalypse:

So, the Muslims would be at war then Nigerians will go, and fight to redeem your madness? And die for nothing? Because of people like you China banned islam. If I had my chances of being Mr President, I would hang you for this crap you scribbled here in your folly.
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by thunder74(m): 9:25am On Dec 17, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

I'm not a muslim either but the countries you mentioned are not OIC members. Nigeria isn't as secular as you think. If it is secular, we won't be having religious pilgrimage boards, neither will part of the country be practising sharia.

The Government of the Federation or of a State shall not adopt any religion as State Religion.

Ibb government was a military government and arbitrary promoted lot of things including corruption.

Nigeria is now under democracy and what guides us now is the section of the Constitution I quoted above.

I wrote a paper on this, wish it is in soft copy, would have shared it, you will realise that we even have more Christian and other religions in the North than the muslims.

4 Likes

Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by JazzMode: 9:25am On Dec 17, 2015
BALLOSKI:

Nothing wrong with Nigeria being listed as a nation that fight terrorists
But it isnt right, Nigeria being tagged/listed as belonging among Islamic nations.

Nigeria is a multi-religious country.
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by Nobody: 9:27am On Dec 17, 2015
babajeje123:

And why do you want to force your religion into other people's throat? For your information, Nigeria isn't AN ISLAMIC STATE!

What religion ? if you must know I'm atheist but I was born as a Christian

And Nigeria is an Islamic state by virtue of its membership to OIC , if you don't like that then by all means challenge that but facts remain facts
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by excel101(m): 9:30am On Dec 17, 2015
BALLOSKI:
. You did not took time to properly digest the post. Their nothing wrong in Nigeria joining forces with other nations of the world to fight against a terrorist group. The issue here "CAN" are protesting a move to list Nigeria among 20 Arab Nation(while Nigeria is not an Islamic nation) to fight against ISIS terrorist group.
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:30am On Dec 17, 2015
LadyExcellency:

Your understanding of international diplomacy and alliances is warp to say the least.

What has OIC (notwithstanding subsisting debate) got to do with this Confraternity of Arab (Sunni) Countries? You mean we can't have Non-align nations against ISIS even in OIC?

In this instance, we are faced with matters of wars and international alliances between people of the same religion, people and culture and moreover APC specifically designate Nigeria as a multicultural secular Country with no religious alignment whatsoever.
You should at least be smart. If Nigeria recognises herself as Islamic State and fellow Islamic States decide to enlist Nigeria and other Islamic State into an Islamic Alliance against BH and ISIS, what then is strange?

Beside, you read this and come up with the above? I SMH at you dude...

[quote]First, A Christian(Gowon) enlisted Nigeria as associate/observing member of OIC. Where was CAN? CAN remembered to raise their voice when IBB got Nigeria enlisted fully as OIC member in 1986 but everybody accepted and moved on. When the constitution was drafted and there was recognition of Sharia and Sharia courts, where was CAN? CAN only sprang up when Gov Sani Yerima of Zamfara state, Kwankwaso of Kano state, Ahmed Makarfi of Kaduna state and other Govs decided to implement the Sharia rule(which has constitutional legitimacy) in their domains. Even Obasanjo couldn't do anything because it was 'constitutional'. When OBJ himself atteended OIC conference where was can? When Jonathan did, where was CAN? When Yar'adua reaffirmed our membership, where was CAN?

The implication of OIC membership is that we have agreed to be Islamic Country. We may not all be muslims but our country wears Islamic regalia. Cameroon for instance is not within the geography of Central Africa but they signed up to be Central African State.

If we have been accepting the interest-free loans and grants from OIC and member states, why should we now oppose military alliance? So you see my angle?
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:32am On Dec 17, 2015
janellemonae:

[size=24pt]NIGERIA IS A SECULAR COUNTRY[/size]

Anyone can worship anything. Don't even try and think this ur sttmnt is mainstream. Even a notherner cannot call this a muslim country. And u say ur not Muslim & ur preaching this falsehood.
I'm tired of repeating the main-main....

"First, A Christian(Gowon) enlisted Nigeria as associate/observing member of OIC. Where was CAN? CAN remembered to raise their voice when IBB got Nigeria enlisted fully as OIC member in 1986 but everybody accepted and moved on. When the constitution was drafted and there was recognition of Sharia and Sharia courts, where was CAN? CAN only sprang up when Gov Sani Yerima of Zamfara state, Kwankwaso of Kano state, Ahmed Makarfi of Kaduna state and other Govs decided to implement the Sharia rule(which has constitutional legitimacy) in their domains. Even Obasanjo couldn't do anything because it was 'constitutional'. When OBJ himself atteended OIC conference where was can? When Jonathan did, where was CAN? When Yar'adua reaffirmed our membership, where was CAN?

If we have been accepting the interest-free loans and grants from OIC and member states, why should we now oppose military alliance? So you see my angle?"
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by excel101(m): 9:32am On Dec 17, 2015
jcmaiah:

What is wrong is that we are an Islamic nation simple! The north has tried several times to Islamize Nigeria, they will keep failing cos we serve a living God.
. Please bro, check/read your comments again.
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by babajeje123(m): 9:32am On Dec 17, 2015
neoapocalypse:

What religion ? if you must know I'm atheist but I was born as a Christian

And Nigeria is an Islamic state by virtue of its membership to OIC , if you don't like that then by all means challenge that but facts remain facts
Congratulations for being an atheist. Nigeria is not an Islamic state.
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by anwo247: 9:33am On Dec 17, 2015
BALLOSKI:

What's wrong is that the title says " list of Arab nations" and Nigeria is not Arab nation. We shd not be included
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by Truckpusher(m): 9:33am On Dec 17, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

bros you see one of the problems of some of our ethnic and religious leaders is hypocrisy. Another is cluelessness, while another is blowing unnecessary alarm.

First, A Christian(Gowon) enlisted Nigeria as associate/observing member of OIC. Where was CAN? CAN remembered to raise their voice when IBB got Nigeria enlisted fully as OIC member in 1986 but everybody accepted and moved on. When the constitution was drafted and there was recognition of Sharia and Sharia courts, where was CAN? CAN only sprang up when Gov Sani Yerima of Zamfara state, Kwankwaso of Kano state, Ahmed Makarfi of Kaduna state and other Govs decided to implement the Sharia rule(which has constitutional legitimacy) in their domains. Even Obasanjo couldn't do anything because it was 'constitutional'. When OBJ himself atteended OIC conference where was can? When Jonathan did, where was CAN? When Yar'adua reaffirmed our membership, where was CAN?

I catch your drift.
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by FILUX(m): 9:34am On Dec 17, 2015
Islamic republic of Nigeria, "change" number one. loading...loading...loading...
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:34am On Dec 17, 2015
thunder74:

I wrote a paper on this, wish it is in soft copy, would have shared it, you will realise that we even have more Christian and other religions in the North than the muslims.
Do refer to my comments above... Thanks
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by Nobody: 9:36am On Dec 17, 2015
gimakon:

So, the Muslims would be at war then Nigerians will go, and fight to redeem your madness? And die for nothing? Because of people like you China banned islam. If I had my chances of being Mr President, I would hang you for this crap you scribbled here in your folly.

You are the fool here mister gimakon for being an Islamic state doesn't mean we have to partake in any war involving Muslims world wide , even if we are a Christian state we are not obliged to partake in wars involving Christians. I understand your grievance but facts are still facts and until you do something about it we are still an Islamic country. Left to me Nigeria would be a better place if it were a godless society.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Magistrate With Her Baby Joins Protest At Governor Ayade's Office (Photo) / Four South-East Governors Absent At Southern Governors Forum In Enugu / Femi Fani-Kayode Visits Olusegun Obasanjo In Abeokuta (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.