Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,055 members, 7,835,572 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:55 AM

CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS (37981 Views)

Osinbajo Urges Africa Nations To Develop Robust Tax Administration Systems / CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISI / Why Are Wealthy Arab Nations Doing Nothing To Help Muslim Refugees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by Nobody: 10:36am On Dec 17, 2015
neoapocalypse:

But we can request to be delisted from OIC and I think all your energies should be channelled to that effort. OIC doesn't have to institute a claim to Nigeria , in order to benefit from privileges provided by the OIC Nigeria already adheres to its rules and tenets or why do you think Sharia law is practised in about half the size of Nigeria. The last time I checked Sharia law isn't , or more appropriately put , shouldn't , be part of the laws governing Nigeria. As an irreligious person I don't support membership to any religious organizations and requesting to be delisted from OIC is the first move but coming together to fight terrorism under any aegis is a welcomed development

Sharia law is a religious law to it faithful. You can never judge a non Muslim with sharia law. That is why it is permitted.
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by Damikevin(m): 10:40am On Dec 17, 2015
You can't win fighting on two fronts. You haven't curb the menace of Boko Haram and the recent shiite Issue, you want to join fight. Against ISiS is the President not a military perSonnel? let he view This from a Military standpoint. Plus wen we was battling Boko haram nobody offered to help. Our so called chibok girls are still not back yet. When ISiS turns its attention on Nigeria can we face them.
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by xilo1717(m): 10:42am On Dec 17, 2015
Nigeria isn't an Islamic nation
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by Nobody: 10:42am On Dec 17, 2015
We Re not fighting for battle of Ummaya, or battle of Uhud or whatever here.
#saynotoislamicnigeria
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by Kirigidi(m): 10:43am On Dec 17, 2015
ty4real4gt:
Name of Islamic Countries
Afghanistan
Albania
Algeria
Azerbaijan
Bahrain
Bangladesh
Benin
Brunei
Burkina Faso
Cameroon
Chad
Comoros
Djibouti
Egypt
Gambia
Guinea
Guinea -Bissau
Guyana
Indonesia
Iran
Iraq
Jordan
Kazakhstan
Kuwait
Kyrgyzstan
Lebanon
Libya
Malaysia
Maldives
Mali
Mauritania
Morocco
Mozambique
Niger
Nigeria
Oman
Pakistan
Palestine
Qatar
Saudi Arabia
Senegal
Sierra Leone
Somalia
Sudan
Suriname
Syria
Tajikistan
Tunisia
Turkey
Turkmenistan
Uganda
United Arab Emirates
Uzbekistan
Western Sahara
Yemen
Don't deceiv d public! Christians ar d majority in Burkina-Faso, Guinea-Bissau, Benin, Cameroun, Surinam, Guyana, Sierra-Leone nd Uganda. So they ar neva Islamic countries as bin portrayd by u. Even Nigeria is not an Islamic country.

4 Likes

Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by Guyman02: 10:46am On Dec 17, 2015
patrick89:

Why didn't Saudi enlist Iran? As if we don't know that ISIL and bokoharam are the Sunni and wahabis militants led by Arab (Saudi Arabia) while Shiite is the militia of Shia led bby Iran. For those of you who don't know, ask yourself why presstv and Iranian government had been so much concerned about the killing of Shias. Did you know that the money given to these Shia group annually by Iran is bigger than some state's annnual budget.
The thing is simple, the Saudi Arabia coalition is meant to fight Shiite alone! I challenge the Sunnis here to disagree with this assertion!
If you are in middle east, you will understand that the problem of Islam is self inflicted, and they know that.
The civil war in Yemen and Syria is another typical experimentation of power and superiority contest between Arabs and Persians. I don't want to go into details, but I tell you the crisis that will emanate from northern nigeria is bigger than what you guys are imagining.
Buhari was vehemently against the killings of bokoharam, because BH is for sunnis, when you hear, that BH also kill Muslims, make no mistake about it, the Shia are the victims here! The Sunni led by buhari are fully insupport of the killings.

You have just said what I had been trying to put together. Well done.
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by cutekhalifa(m): 10:46am On Dec 17, 2015
If they can paid in 2billion dollars into my private account plus a luxury 5star yatch offshore of bahamas island with flenty flenty onu ugu from sokoto, nah that time I go accept whatever religion Mr BUBU want to enforce on us... Yeye oil president the king of North.. grin grin grin
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by Skmoda360(m): 10:47am On Dec 17, 2015
EternalTruths:
Gradual Islamization of Nigeria like Gambia by Buhari as warned by some people before the election

We hope the most sophisticated slaves are happy now that we have been enlisted as an Arab nation fighting ISIL

i forsee this, the president is so off point and he is too dull for my liking i hate him with this and the 'MUSA' is speaking huge grammar and can that change anything but i picked one thing in his statement 'islamic undertone' is what the stupid president is trying to acclamatized in all his gormless movement, he has travelled to several arabian countries to liaise some bad motive against this country. Who is talking abt 'change' the fact that the president is on seat and all this bullshit are happening is giving me concern...ISLAMIC MY FOOT, Ban me for all care.
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by okitaiji(m): 10:48am On Dec 17, 2015
GogetterMD:

It's a coalition of "Muslim" and "Arab" nations, and unfortunately for you, Nigeria is a Muslim nation
my friend package urself what make u think that Nigeria is a muslim state, because one family can born more than 50 almagiris does not means muslim ar half near christian get it
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by IgrigiEOD: 10:49am On Dec 17, 2015
**grins** Biafrans will keep laughing at Christians and Traditionalists who are oblivious of the obvious fact that they are in an islamic country. **grins**

Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by stevedre: 10:51am On Dec 17, 2015
Hats off for you, your 100% right. I wonder where he got his unrealistic and baseless facts. Nigeria will never be a Muslim until the constitution is changed and democratically accepted.

kenny987:
First, u start by asking what d major problem of Igbos are, with that silly nickname that better describes u and urs. Is CAN an Igbo organisation? Are Igbos d only Christians in Nigeria?

You go further to expose ur unparalleled lack of understanding about these issues. Is Nigeria an islamic country? Should such an involvement not be debated properly within our domain before getting involved? There is a reason Nigeria must abstain from certain labels which otherwise pass a wrong message which begins to confirm certain suspicions and stir the already irate hornet's nest!

On what basis do u assume that more than half of Nigeria's population are muslim? U are the kind that just like to make statements for the hell of it without proper regard and thought.

Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by pasol4real(m): 10:52am On Dec 17, 2015
GogetterMD:

BH has pledged alliance to Daesh(IS), so it's more of a splinter terror cell of ISIS in west Africa. Now they want to form a coalition to cut ISIS down to size (much like the MNJTF), you are here claiming islamization of Nigeria. Like say more than half the population of Nigerians ain't Muslims before.
Now that help is minimal and we need as many hands as possible to put an end to this scourge once and forall, CAN is here spilling balderdash.

P.S. before you start shouting and screaming Arab
nations, don't forget that Isreal is also an Arab nation
Olodo of the highest order when did Israel become an arab Nation.
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by erusen: 10:55am On Dec 17, 2015
neoapocalypse:

Do you even know what a godless society means ?
which kind of insult is that.cant u explain ur disagreement without asking an insulting question.name one country that is godless and tell me the number of years u spent there
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by raphoo(m): 10:58am On Dec 17, 2015
datguru:
I think we told them before now that the dullard is going to islamize Nigeria but the shallow minded zombies had their defense for him
No be GEJ cause it with its clueless transformation of stealing is not Corruption.
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by kellybently(m): 11:00am On Dec 17, 2015
OrIandoOwoh:

Go to the core north and see Christians scattered everywhere. come to the west and see Christians dominating everywhere..Go to the east and see a nonexistent Muslim entity.. Go the the south and see a nonexistent Muslim entity.. Go to the middle belt and see Christians scattered everywhere..

There are more Christians than muslims! E.O.D!!!

any where you go in Nigeria u see both Muslims an Christians. come to Rivers on Friday u ll see Muslims than what you expect.
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:01am On Dec 17, 2015
LadyExcellency:

I thought you were intelligent and possess good scientific analytical skill and knowledge of national cohesion in international diplomacy.

Bye and continue with your blame game of who did what, when we have a new government of APC whose definition of Nigeria is unambiguous and clearly stated in its manifesto for which CAN has express right to question when the covenant is compromised or broken.

Making sense with in-depth analysis is different from sentimental opinions devoid of essential aspects of the topic being debated.
love, why are you getting angry? Come on...
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by babestella: 11:02am On Dec 17, 2015
IgrigiEOD:
**grins** Biafrans will keep laughing at Christians and Traditionalists who are oblivious of the obvious fact that they are in an islamic country. **grins**

And this is one of the reason Igbos say they want to be on their own and some people will never see beyond their nose. Nigeria is being led by a man who is deeply embedded in religious fanaticism and greed for power.
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by owumzy(m): 11:12am On Dec 17, 2015
BALLOSKI:
The boko Haram we fight here has pledged allegiance with ISIS , so what's wrong in being listed among nations that would fight them?

What is wrong is the name under which we are to partake. grin
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by germaphobe(m): 11:12am On Dec 17, 2015
nigeria maybe in oic but that doesn't mean it's an islamic country cus christains are also recognized in nigeria and even more than the muslims in population. Buts that not the issue, the point here is to unlist 9ja from the list and put in a hardcore islamic state such as iran and indonesia or better still nigeria can still dishonour the invitation.
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by yaskarahyelhope(f): 11:13am On Dec 17, 2015
Wen this waiting abt Buhari 's intention as an in coming president was to is limited Naija, Una say na political brouhaha. Redeem pastor warn Una, but as d Yorubians foolish reach, na for Redeem dey come target pick Una confused folo folo vice enter. All I know is that God isnt sleep ing. He will definitely vindicate Nigeria. Nigeria to be islamized, tufiakwa. Make Una baba ask Abacha, aw far O!!!
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by sinistermind(m): 11:15am On Dec 17, 2015
GogetterMD:

BH has pledged alliance to Daesh(IS), so it's more of a splinter terror cell of ISIS in west Africa. Now they want to form a coalition to cut ISIS down to size (much like the MNJTF), you are here claiming islamization of Nigeria. Like say more than half the population of Nigerians ain't Muslims before.
Now that help is minimal and we need as many hands as possible to put an end to this scourge once and forall, CAN is here spilling balderdash.

P.S. before you start shouting and screaming Arab nations, don't forget that Isreal is also an Arab nation

You are a complete dullard. People like u don't know that Israel is an European Nation and has never been an Arab nation.
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by Nobody: 11:16am On Dec 17, 2015
victorels:

Sharia law is a religious law to it faithful. You can never judge a non Muslim with sharia law. That is why it is permitted.

Really ?
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by Nobody: 11:17am On Dec 17, 2015
erusen:
which kind of insult is that.cant u explain ur disagreement without asking an insulting question.name one country that is godless and tell me the number of years u spent there

No need for further dialogue since this is the route you wish to take
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by haqueurate(m): 11:19am On Dec 17, 2015
This can people seff, trying to be relevant oshi
is nigeria fighting bokoharam? Yes
has bokoharam pledge alliance to issis? Yes
so nigeria is fightin issis affiliates, boko haram already abi
what are the saying sef?
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by Skmoda360(m): 11:21am On Dec 17, 2015
GogetterMD:

P.S. before you start shouting and screaming Arab nations, don't forget that Isreal is also an Arab nation
are you crazy, isreal is not an islamic nation..and for the record, muslims are not up to half of christians in Nigeria...i can categorise you among one of the ignorant and naive nigerians.
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by Seunaj05(m): 11:24am On Dec 17, 2015
BALLOSKI:
The boko Haram we fight here has pledged allegiance with ISIS , so what's wrong in being listed among nations that would fight them?
God will punish you! NIGERIA IS NOT AN ISLAMIC NATION. LET BUHARI JOIN AND SEE WAR!!!
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by Seunaj05(m): 11:25am On Dec 17, 2015
GogetterMD:

It's a coalition of "Muslim" and "Arab" nations, and unfortunately for you, Nigeria is a Muslim nation
God will punish you! NIGERIA IS NOT AN ISLAMIC NATION. LET BUHARI JOIN AND SEE WAR!!!
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by quickly: 11:30am On Dec 17, 2015
By law Nigeria is a secular or religioulsy neutral state according to the constitution.

THis issue needs to be revisited in the constitution

The thing is muslim like to inflate their number

if u ask a muslim

" how many muslim are there in the world "

Muslim :Ans = " 10 billion"

Non Muslim : But world population = 7 billion

Muslim : em

Non Muslim : But China population is 2 billion and 90% of them are buddhist

They like to jack up numbers dis arab slaves
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by LadyExcellency: 11:32am On Dec 17, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
love, why are you getting angry? Come on...

I quit my ex for certain reasons and in the course of the new relationship, my expected Mr Perfect keep mentioning my ex this, my ex that then I became angry. This is a typical narrative of what you're doing on this thread.

The new government under APC assured Nigerians that under its government, Nigeria will not jeopardize its multi-ethnoreligious and secular attribute for anything hence I never expected you to dwell on Gowon this, Abacha that, GEJ then and so on.

The coalition being assembled by Saudi Arabia under its present structure jeopardizes the APC manifesto and covenant Buhari made with Nigerians on his inauguration hence should be questioned by any interest group in Nigeria which includes CAN.

I want you to be futuristic and stop dwelling in the past, Nigeria has moved on and as such needs an upgrade instead of the downgrade you are subjecting us into.

Haba, is this in the seventies? Is this an authoritarian regime like most Arab countries?

Giant of Africa is what we are and not a puppet of Saudi Arabia.

Gracia.

2 Likes

Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by hansad: 11:33am On Dec 17, 2015
cuvox:

source http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/12/can-protests-moves-to-list-nigeria-among-arab-nations-to-fight-isis/

CC lalasticlala ishilove seun obinoscopy

President Buhari has committed an impeachable offence for dragging Nigeria into an alliance for war without consulting the National Assembly.

Buhari is the most insensitive President of Nigeria in a democracy. Nigeria is a country roughly equally divided between Muslims and non-Muslims. How dare Buhari associate Nigeria as a Muslim country?

Did Buhari consult Nigeria's National Assembly before he joined an alliance for a war against ISIS? No. Watched the UK parliamentarians debate last two weeks to join the West's alliance against ISIS. After the debate the "Ayes" won; less than 15 hours after the debate, the UK Air force had stared bombing IS positions. That's how a country functions in a democracy, not Buhari's democracy.

1 Like

Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by quickly: 11:38am On Dec 17, 2015
germaphobe:
nigeria maybe in oic but that doesn't mean it's an islamic country cus christains are also recognized in nigeria and even more than the muslims in population. Buts that not the issue, the point here is to unlist 9ja from the list and put in a hardcore islamic state such as iran and indonesia or better still nigeria can still dishonour the invitation.

Even Algeria is not on that list
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by Nobody: 11:44am On Dec 17, 2015

patrick89:

Why didn't Saudi enlist Iran? As if we don't know that ISIL and bokoharam are the Sunni and wahabis militants led by Arab (Saudi Arabia) while Shiite is the militia of Shia led bby Iran. For those of you who don't know, ask yourself why presstv and Iranian government had been so much concerned about the killing of Shias. Did you know that the money given to these Shia group annually by Iran is bigger than some state's annnual budget.
The thing is simple, the Saudi Arabia coalition is meant to fight Shiite alone! I challenge the Sunnis here to disagree with this assertion!
If you are in middle east, you will understand that the problem of Islam is self inflicted, and they know that.
The civil war in Yemen and Syria is another typical experimentation of power and superiority contest between Arabs and Persians. I don't want to go into details, but I tell you the crisis that will emanate from northern nigeria is bigger than what you guys are imagining.
Buhari was vehemently against the killings of bokoharam, because BH is for sunnis, when you hear, that BH also kill Muslims, make no mistake about it, the Shia are the victims here! The Sunni led by buhari are fully insupport of the killings.

Guyman02:

You have just said what I had been trying to put together. Well done.

And the sunni always like Politics and power and thats why they took Nigeria to be a partial Sharia Islamic nation and want you to go to war for them while they train thier children in Switzerland, Canada and the other nations. They think we would always be stupid for them.
Islam by the Sunni is paradise, and 72 virgins. But let buhari and his Saudis go to war, afterall Buhari was a former military man.

We don't know what Saudi and why Saudi wants with ISIS. ISIS is Sunni Islam, so is Saudi. Let them settle thier scores and leave Nigeria alone.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

PDP Governors Congratulate Buhari, Crack In Atiku’s Camp - Vanguard / Shiite Muslims To Soldiers With AK-47: We Are Ready To Die, Kill Us All / Lamido Cries Out From Prison: I’m Being Persecuted Over 2019 Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.