Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,213 members, 7,836,028 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS (37987 Views)

Osinbajo Urges Africa Nations To Develop Robust Tax Administration Systems / CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISI / Why Are Wealthy Arab Nations Doing Nothing To Help Muslim Refugees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by kenny987(f): 8:41am On Dec 17, 2015
247Dior:
Nigeria can not be dragged into war between Muslim nations, Nigeria is not a Muslim nation and the coalition is for Muslim nations... so the earlier you get that into your dick head the better for you.....

Excuse me! Why have u quoted me to call urself a dick head and say exactly what I've said which is that Nigeria is not a muslim country and should not be part of the said coalition?
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by EllisMorgan(f): 8:42am On Dec 17, 2015
When i heard this on CNN i nearly wept for this country. Nigeria is falling apart so fast. We are just sitting on a time bomb.

I see Nigeria listed as an IOC member state as a huge mistake. Now we are among 34 Arab/Muslim countries coalition to fight ISIL.

Inasmuch as the idea soundz gud, i feel it's wrong for this government to be involved in dis such coalition considering the religious polarity of this country and the present unrest, agitations and domestic tension that is almost overwhelming us.

This to me is adding fuel to a burning bush. No good can come out of this. Very wrong move.
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by Olajoy: 8:42am On Dec 17, 2015
Nigeria isn't an Islamic country. Abacha try am He die,If any govt try am,na to die b dat.
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by bankylan: 8:45am On Dec 17, 2015
nyabinghi:
When jonathan took some ministers to israel to pray was nigeria a christian nation then. You foolish and bigoted half educated christians think we muslims should keep mute. Nigeria is a secular state and we can join to fight against Isis, if you don't like that, hug a wet transformer. Christianity is a religion of human worshipping. Dig that

If not for Christianity, u will not have access to Internet to type your rubbish. If not for Christianity, you will probably be an Almajiri...Thank God for Christianity, the refugees from Syria and Iraq would have been left in desolation when even their fellow Muslims reject them. The little education you have and the modernisation you enjoy is because of Christianity. if you want to get more facts, just try to get the difference between Israel and all the Arab nations that surround Israel....

2 Likes

Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by IkUKU01(m): 8:47am On Dec 17, 2015
patrick89:

Why didn't Saudi enlist Iran? As if we don't know that ISIL and bokoharam are the Sunni and wahabis militants led by Arab (Saudi Arabia) while Shiite is the militia of Shia led bby Iran. For those of you who don't know, ask yourself why presstv and Iranian government had been so much concerned about the killing of Shias. Did you know that the money given to these Shia group annually by Iran is bigger than some state's annnual budget.
The thing is simple, the Saudi Arabia coalition is meant to fight Shiite alone! I challenge the Sunnis here to disagree with this assertion!
If you are in middle east, you will understand that the problem of Islam is self inflicted, and they know that.
The civil war in Yemen and Syria is another typical experimentation of power and superiority contest between Arabs and Persians. I don't want to go into details, but I tell you the crisis that will emanate from northern nigeria is bigger than what you guys are imagining.
Buhari was vehemently against the killings of bokoharam, because BH is for sunnis, when you hear, that BH also kill Muslims, make no mistake about it, the Shia are the victims here! The Sunni led by buhari are fully insupport of the killings.
chaiiiii how I wish dis moslem pple will face and kill demselves alone and leave we peace loving xtains alone!!islam d only problem of d world!!
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by IkUKU01(m): 8:48am On Dec 17, 2015
patrick89:

Why didn't Saudi enlist Iran? As if we don't know that ISIL and bokoharam are the Sunni and wahabis militants led by Arab (Saudi Arabia) while Shiite is the militia of Shia led bby Iran. For those of you who don't know, ask yourself why presstv and Iranian government had been so much concerned about the killing of Shias. Did you know that the money given to these Shia group annually by Iran is bigger than some state's annnual budget.
The thing is simple, the Saudi Arabia coalition is meant to fight Shiite alone! I challenge the Sunnis here to disagree with this assertion!
If you are in middle east, you will understand that the problem of Islam is self inflicted, and they know that.
The civil war in Yemen and Syria is another typical experimentation of power and superiority contest between Arabs and Persians. I don't want to go into details, but I tell you the crisis that will emanate from northern nigeria is bigger than what you guys are imagining.
Buhari was vehemently against the killings of bokoharam, because BH is for sunnis, when you hear, that BH also kill Muslims, make no mistake about it, the Shia are the victims here! The Sunni led by buhari are fully insupport of the killings.
chaiiiii how I wish dis moslem pple will face and kill demselves alone and leave we peace loving xtains alone!!
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by erusen: 8:48am On Dec 17, 2015
Chubhie:
It then follows: Is Nigeria a Christian nation or Jewish?
have u heard the word secular
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by babajeje123(m): 8:48am On Dec 17, 2015
BALLOSKI:
The boko Haram we fight here has pledged allegiance with ISIS , so what's wrong in being listed among nations that would fight them?
Come off that thing, guy! Nigeria isn't a Muslim country and should not be enlisted as such.
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by LadyExcellency: 8:50am On Dec 17, 2015
Mynd44:

Because Babangida added is to the OIC and our dear GEJ attended their meeting.

Hell, he is the first and only Nigerian president to attend

What has what you wrote got to do with the comment you quoted.

Nigeria is a secular State with no alignment to any religion according to APC manifesto and bill of covenant with Nigerians.

Christians have their concerns and this isn't even only about Islamic countries rather a Confraternity of Arab States and moreover this got to do with politics and international diplomatic alignment of nations.

Who did what in the past has no bearing in this new alliance in whatsoever ramification.

1 Like

Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:51am On Dec 17, 2015
Truckpusher:
What are you even saying ?

So, you'd accept a form of package that is tainted with poison simply because you have a feeling that the substance would be nice ? What if it is not what it looks like ?
bros you see one of the problems of some of our ethnic and religious leaders is hypocrisy. Another is cluelessness, while another is blowing unnecessary alarm.

First, A Christian(Gowon) enlisted Nigeria as associate/observing member of OIC. Where was CAN? CAN remembered to raise their voice when IBB got Nigeria enlisted fully as OIC member in 1986 but everybody accepted and moved on. When the constitution was drafted and there was recognition of Sharia and Sharia courts, where was CAN? CAN only sprang up when Gov Sani Yerima of Zamfara state, Kwankwaso of Kano state, Ahmed Makarfi of Kaduna state and other Govs decided to implement the Sharia rule(which has constitutional legitimacy) in their domains. Even Obasanjo couldn't do anything because it was 'constitutional'. When OBJ himself atteended OIC conference where was can? When Jonathan did, where was CAN? When Yar'adua reaffirmed our membership, where was CAN?

The implication of OIC membership is that we have agreed to be Islamic Country. We may not all be muslims but our country wears Islamic regalia. Cameroon for instance is not within the geography of Central Africa but they signed up to be Central African State.

If we have been accepting the interest-free loans and grants from OIC and member states, why should we now oppose military alliance? So you see my angle?
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by agabusta: 8:51am On Dec 17, 2015
EternalTruths:

See one of them grin

Nigeria is not an Arab nation. angry

Oga if Saudi Arabia says we are an Arab country, does that makes us an Arab country?? Talk is free
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by OrIandoOwoh(m): 8:52am On Dec 17, 2015
NIGERIA IS A CHRISTIAN NATION..WHOEVER IS TRYING TO ISLAMIZE NIGERIA WILL DIE BEFORE HE ACHIEVES THAT!
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by babajeje123(m): 8:53am On Dec 17, 2015
GogetterMD:

It's a coalition of "Muslim" and "Arab" nations, and unfortunately for you, Nigeria is a Muslim nation
Nigeria is not a Muslim country and you can bet me that any attempt to do such will be frustrated except there is no longer a God that rules over the affairs of men.
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by kellybently(m): 8:55am On Dec 17, 2015
Nigeria isn't a Muslim country nor a christian country
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by Nobody: 8:56am On Dec 17, 2015
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]let us pray : Lord let your will be done in this country,help Nigeria,and help your children in it,IJN
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by Nobody: 8:57am On Dec 17, 2015
Davo93:
See how you are distorting facts. How does Israel been an Arab nation affect this? Moreover, who told you Israel is one? As at the last time I checked, Israel is regarded as Jewish and Democratic State.

Answer these questions and the truth will set you free
1. What is an Arab nation?
2. Is Nigeria situated in the Middle East?
3. Because half of the Nigerian population is Muslim, should Nigeria be declared an Islamic State?
4. Do you even know the implications of a nation declared as an Islamic State?

The monkey don too watch spy movies. Him suppose use en self practicalise first. Ehn, I go need watch em shaolin action film. grin no mind the onye ara
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by emecheboy2(m): 8:58am On Dec 17, 2015
I wonder why Nigerians don't face realty on ground, just about two to three days ago CNN and Aljazeera mentioned Nigeria as one of the islamic countries joining the coalition to fight terrorism. I even posted this issue on my facebook wall and almost everybody ignored me. Nigeria has being a member since the military era and i expected the CAN president to fight for that course during GEJ tenure but meanwhile is was acquiring wealth.
Buhari practices sunni islam and he will not do anything about it unless a Christian leader who is willing get there and delist our membership from this unholy union.

https://www.rt.com/news/325929-islamic-coalition-terrorism-saudi/

http://www.rte.ie/news/2015/1215/753584-saudi-arabia-islamic-state/
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by kellybently(m): 8:59am On Dec 17, 2015
OrIandoOwoh:
NIGERIA IS A CHRISTIAN NATION..WHOEVER IS TRYING TO ISLAMIZE NIGERIA WILL DIE BEFORE HE ACHIEVES THAT!

how is NIGERIA a christian country.
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by Newmanluckyman(m): 8:59am On Dec 17, 2015
It is not a bad idea for Nigeria to join a coalition against insurgency. Nigeria is a SECULAR country and CAN should direct their concerns why in the first place that Nigeria is enlisted as a member of organizations of Islamic countries (OIC). That is where the problem is. In the eyes of the world we are seen as a Muslim country whereas in our own country we preach unity in diversity. That we are secular in nature.
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by Acjohn(m): 8:59am On Dec 17, 2015
There is no explanation that you will give this that a wise mind wise accept. Apart from the fact that there is nothing that these countries can contribute to the fight against terrorism in assistance to Nigeria, other countries like Pakistan had come out to denounce that claim because their parliament had not sat to discuss the matter but Nigeria and her government are mute.
Are Nigerian Muslim better than Pakistan and Indonesia Muslim, yet this nation were against it. I wonder when Nigeria Muslim will be wise pike those in UAE who chose to enjoy life make friends and money and most importantly leave in peace.
When Nigeria was seeking for weapons to combat BH where were they?
This is is rather a political statement to tell the world that we are expanding our empires to these countries but the foolish among us will think it is a way of expanding Islam.
I pity Nigeria Muslim because the reason they enjoy peace are the Christians among us.
if half of the country are Shiite and the other half sunni this country would have been worse than what we have today.

1 Like

Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by sinizia: 9:00am On Dec 17, 2015
GogetterMD:

BH has pledged alliance to Daesh(IS), so it's more of a splinter terror cell of ISIS in west Africa. Now they want to form a coalition to cut ISIS down to size (much like the MNJTF), you are here claiming islamization of Nigeria. Like say more than half the population of Nigerians ain't Muslims before.
Now that help is minimal and we need as many hands as possible to put an end to this scourge once and forall, CAN is here spilling balderdash.

P.S. before you start shouting and screaming Arab nations, don't forget that Isreal is also an Arab nation

You are a stark illiterate and a sap-skulled irritant. Isreal and Nigeria are not Arab nations. You and your family can go and fight ISIL, leave Nigeria out of it!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by Nobody: 9:01am On Dec 17, 2015
victorels:

I never said anything about delisting Nigeria from OIC.

You believe the rules of an association is more than the constitution of a Country? Nigerias constitution is supreme and OIC rules are not in it. The only thing OIC can do is to delist Nigeria from among them if they can't meet up with their rules. They can't institute a claim on Nigeria and can't enforce any form of authority over Nigeria except threatening to withdraw their services to Nigeria.

Nigerias constitution is supreme. That is it.

But we can request to be delisted from OIC and I think all your energies should be channelled to that effort. OIC doesn't have to institute a claim to Nigeria , in order to benefit from privileges provided by the OIC Nigeria already adheres to its rules and tenets or why do you think Sharia law is practised in about half the size of Nigeria. The last time I checked Sharia law isn't , or more appropriately put , shouldn't , be part of the laws governing Nigeria. As an irreligious person I don't support membership to any religious organizations and requesting to be delisted from OIC is the first move but coming together to fight terrorism under any aegis is a welcomed development
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by Nobody: 9:01am On Dec 17, 2015
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by HaneefahRN(f): 9:01am On Dec 17, 2015
patrick89:

Can u back of ur claims tht Boko haram, ISIS, and other terrorist groups are Sunni? It amuses me when non-muslims just make claims out of sentiments and hearsays.
Yes, we all know Sunni and Shiites aren't on the best of terms it had started long ago, far back in the Islamic history, but the problem right nw btw those Countries are mostly political. I'm disappointed the govt didn't seem to be bothered by the army's actions, ranging from opening fire on the Shiites to their destroying their leader's house.
I don't see Nigeria as a Muslim Country, I wonder why Babangida joined the OIC in the 1st place, OBJ and Jonathan also went for their meetings. They forming a coalition to fight terrorism is good bt Nigeria doesn't fit into being called a Muslim nation, although it's nt totally secular
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by nerdfrost(m): 9:01am On Dec 17, 2015
All this people shouting nigeria is a muslim country shud remember that not all hausas or yorubas are muslims. They are lots of christians among them. As for igbos,well,we all know its a 100%. So,wats all this hulabalu about
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by repogirl(f): 9:04am On Dec 17, 2015
Cheiii!!! Boooooohari don turn Nigeria to Arab country oooo!!!

Are we in the middle East or west africa?

Dullarpo has not finished with BH, they want to contend with ISIS? On what level does that make sense?

What help has the middle East given us since we began our fight with BH?

Please God, dash Dullarpo and his brothers sense! angry
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by x12345678x: 9:06am On Dec 17, 2015
BALLOSKI:
The boko Haram we fight here has pledged allegiance with ISIS , so what's wrong in being listed among nations that would fight them?
The article never said fighting isis was wrong, it's listing Nigeria as an ISLAMIC/ARAB nation dats worrisome.
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by salissmg(m): 9:06am On Dec 17, 2015
cuvox:

source http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/12/can-protests-moves-to-list-nigeria-among-arab-nations-to-fight-isis/

CC lalasticlala ishilove seun obinoscopy
this is the right step to end BH issue. Why CAN are protestesting over the issue, I smell foil play that the have something to do with BH. No wonder the CAN president was caught with iligal wit money lundry trying to purchase arms and amunatn for the prvious past admnstn. Very soon the truth may come out.
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by Nobody: 9:07am On Dec 17, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

I'm not a muslim either but the countries you mentioned are not OIC members. Nigeria isn't as secular as you think. If it is secular, we won't be having religious pilgrimage boards, neither will part of the country be practising sharia.

[size=24pt]NIGERIA IS A SECULAR COUNTRY[/size]

Anyone can worship anything. Don't even try and think this ur sttmnt is mainstream. Even a notherner cannot call this a muslim country. And u say ur not Muslim & ur preaching this falsehood.
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by babajeje123(m): 9:07am On Dec 17, 2015
lastuff:

Una go shout aleluya on our head inside commercial bus no wahala, we are joining a group to fight extremists, See wahala . hypocrisy of the highest rank.
Why do you want to go out and fight extremists outside while your own house is besieged with the same? End time hypocrisy!
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by OrIandoOwoh(m): 9:08am On Dec 17, 2015
kellybently:

how is NIGERIA a christian country.

Go to the core north and see Christians scattered everywhere. come to the west and see Christians dominating everywhere..Go to the east and see a nonexistent Muslim entity.. Go the the south and see a nonexistent Muslim entity.. Go to the middle belt and see Christians scattered everywhere..

There are more Christians than muslims! E.O.D!!!

1 Like

Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by Nobody: 9:08am On Dec 17, 2015
Newmanluckyman:
It is not a bad idea for Nigeria to join a coalition against insurgency. Nigeria is a SECULAR country and CAN should direct their concerns why in the first place that Nigeria is enlisted as a member of organizations of Islamic countries (OIC). That is where the problem is. In the eyes of the world we are seen as a Muslim country whereas in our own country we preach unity in diversity. That we are secular in nature.

Succinctly put

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

5 Jailed For Circulating Timothy Owoeye's Nude Video, Obtaining ₦‎38 Million / Wike Lobbying To Join APC, Since Atiku Isn’t Allowing Him To Take Over PDP - APC / Lockdown: Buhari Meets Task Force, Keeps Mum On Extension

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.