Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,221 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:52 AM

About Women Making The First Move. - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / About Women Making The First Move. (61369 Views)

Why Men Should Not Get Advice From Women About Women / The Raw Truth About Women. / Guys Its High Time You Stopped Making Bad Generalization About Women. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: About Women Making The First Move. by tonyx4x44(m): 7:14pm On Jan 02, 2016
Oliviaarims:

Lmao. Sorry.

It's funny abi? angry

If all guys are like me, this op for dey single you're

1 Like

Re: About Women Making The First Move. by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jan 02, 2016
simplisity:
We waive nature and culture( how things suppose to be done) and embrace civilisation and modernisation in d name of evolution thinking that we are smart, but later nature and culture will return back and take their places, aftr we had suffered the consequences. Sanity has being lost in d society bcs of modernisation. Do not remove ur ancient land marks, thats wat Solomon d wisest man told us in proverb. [b/] If a woman suppose to woo a man, she should pay for d dowry[b/] too.

Cogent point@ last sentence.
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jan 02, 2016
Laveda:
Naijaboiy..read this grin grin

You know what? That girl Isheartless embarassed That's the worst way of turning a Nigga down..it can be done politely .... grin before u embark on such journey again..I need to look very well
.and it won't be a random Nigga...I need to study him very well and know his kinda person..this should be applicable to you too...

Just study ke? By the time I'm done analysing the girl I'll even write project report on her, her past and her future. .........

But true tho.....It can't be a random person the risks are just too much...
Most of the girls I know were either coursemates at school or collegues at work or friends of close friends....
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jan 02, 2016
tosyne2much:
As a guy, I just can't imagine myself wooing a lady. The highest I can do, is show her greenlight and If she can't woo me, she should go hang herself for all I care!! cool

*nobody should quote*
I didn't want to comment on this thread but well,.......... Buuaahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaa
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: About Women Making The First Move. by tonyx4x44(m): 7:18pm On Jan 02, 2016
Wildngent:

I'd buy you a bottle of chilled coke any day any time. But i do not agree she goes all out stating her relationship intentions if they were first timers. There are ways she'd strike a natural conversation that leaves loose ends for either one of them to capitalize on and this time, luring the man to take advantage of. Well pointed out all the same.

Nobody should go all out at first sight... Male or female
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by Laveda(f): 7:20pm On Jan 02, 2016
oseod:

Just study ke? By the time I'm done analysing the girl I'll even write project report on her, her past and her future. .........

But true tho.....It can't be a random person the risks are just too much...
Most of the girls I know were either coursemates at school or collegues at work or friends of close friends....
Yeah..we're all scared of being rejected... grin
One still needs to take the risk though cool

1 Like

Re: About Women Making The First Move. by tonyx4x44(m): 7:20pm On Jan 02, 2016
ronald4lif:

I've always maintained that we guys are responsible for how we're being treated by women. They would continue to lacerate you like the bellyaches that you are.

You see a woman and perhaps someone you've become friends with and ask her out. Then say a woman shouldn't do same citing culture as reason? Can you please define culture for a start and if it's constant or static?

A woman who ask a guy out is confident, and strong, sui generis and one with true character. It shows she knows what she wants and not afraid to go for it. It depicts one who's not afraid to defy her societal inhibitions and dogmas that aimed at restricting her potentials. And a real man will appreciate her boldness and examplary character.

A relationship is a two way street. Who ever made the "rules" of who always has to text first or do the asking is an idiot.

I ordinarily didn't set out to join the discuss after observing it was a luxuriant ground for some hoity-toity display of self-importance for those who falsely think they're some deity.

Chai... Wonderful... I need to buy you something for this post! Coffee? Tea? Orijin? Cocktail?
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jan 02, 2016
tosyne2much:
So you have Dija-bosom-like ? shocked

Lol. So it seems.
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by MrCEO69(m): 7:24pm On Jan 02, 2016
TrapKNNG:
OP you are Wrong! Very wrong! Lemmie tell you why..

The last serious relationship I was in was with a wonderful wonderful lady. She practically wooed me from top to bottom, left-right and center, and I respected her for that. I grew fond of her, I agreed and we started dating but never did I look down on her for one day!! At a point in the relationship, it didn't even matter who did the wooing cos I forgot about that and took charge of my relationship like the man that I am. we had fights like every normal couple nd did all the normal stuff regardless of who wooed who.

So quit deceiving ladies out there. A guy might be shy and thus a little bit apprehensive about approaching his crush, the crush on the other hand might pick up his signal and decide to throw him a bone! Its no biggie!!

so what ended the SHIP! I guess u remembered who did the wooing.
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by ronald4lif(m): 7:25pm On Jan 02, 2016
Toks2008:

Are you by chance related to prof wole shoyinka or senator patrick? Abeg take am easy o..lol

But seriously i want to be wooed by a sweet confident chic right now cos i don hang boot for wooing matter...

Self confession time at the bold? grin

You see, you are admitting your cravings to be wooed by a lady. Not to worry every guy loves to experience a woman initiate romance. So what makes anyone think a woman who's distinct and stepped out of her imposed precinct, out of her limits would be neglected and slight for displaying such exraordinary character. Who would treat such a sanguine and nonpareil character with contempt? Something you crave for?

I understand some irresponsible, unfledged, and sex-starved guys who don't value rare act of bravery will slight such a woman but to use that as a premise and citing culture or unnatural as grounds is laughable.

1 Like

Re: About Women Making The First Move. by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jan 02, 2016
kinglekan:

Don't mind tosyne2much, thats how he wee be vibrating like jelly fish at the mention of anything Olivia.... grin grin

Lekan, where did you hear that one again? Lol.
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by DharmyYinks: 7:27pm On Jan 02, 2016
naijaboiy:

Leave am!

She thinks because she's showing a guy green light then it's a big favour.

Do we not also have a plethora ;of fish in the sea to choose from?

Some girls and their empty egostitical attitude undecided
Abi ooo.... Some ladies place so much importance on themselves (pride) as if they re not affected.

U like sum1 n to tell dem is a prob cos of ur ego yet guys who should be bothered bout ego talk to dem n dey will be quick to shun em.

Lol.. ladies re confused souls. U waste time bfor telling him ur feelings... he falls for anoda girl. At d end... who is at lost??

1 Like

Re: About Women Making The First Move. by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jan 02, 2016
You know this is one of those topics where everyone should be free to air his/her opinion but what I see is one set of people trying to force their opinions on others
Right or wrong there will be women who make the first move and those who wont
Making the first move doesnt mean you're cheap or you wont get the partner of your dreams
same way waiting for a man to make the moves doesnt mean youre not cheap nor does it guarnatee you getting the right spouse

each man his own let she who will make her moves do so
let she who will wait for a man to make the moves go ahead

2 Likes

Re: About Women Making The First Move. by wristbangle: 7:30pm On Jan 02, 2016
ronald4lif:

I've always maintained that we guys are responsible for how we're being treated by women. They would continue to lacerate you like the bellyaches that you are.

You see a woman and perhaps someone you've become friends with and ask her out. Then say a woman shouldn't do same citing culture as reason? Can you please define culture for a start and if it's constant or static?

A woman who ask a guy out is confident, and strong, sui generis and one with true character. It shows she knows what she wants and not afraid to go for it. It depicts one who's not afraid to defy her societal inhibitions and dogmas that aimed at restricting her potentials. And a real man will appreciate her boldness and examplary character.

A relationship is a two way street. Who ever made the "rules" of who always has to text first or do the asking is an idiot.

I ordinarily didn't set out to join the discuss after observing it was a luxuriant ground for some hoity-toity display of self-importance for those who falsely think they're some deity.

Lovely brother.

Ladies from this part of the world are stigmatised with the belief that men must chase them and it's their right to frustrate him hence to knowing if he truly loves her.

This is not 19th century where guys will be chasing ladies like he-goat. Things are changing gears of recent and the sharp ladies are the ones nutmeging the matured dudes while the proud ones go for the available ones after clocking menopause stage.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: About Women Making The First Move. by wristbangle: 7:30pm On Jan 02, 2016
ronald4lif:

Lovely comment brother.

Ladies from this part of the world are stigmatised with the belief that men must chase them and it's their right to frustrate him hence to knowing if he truly loves her.

This is not 19th century when guys will be chasing ladies like he-goat. Things are changing gears of recent and the sharp ladies are the ones nutmeging the matured dudes while the proud ones go for the available ones after clocking menopause stage.
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jan 02, 2016
Oliviaarims:

Perhaps you can explain how it can be diplomatically done...

Kindly listen to "if i was a boy" by queen B
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by icanh2003: 7:30pm On Jan 02, 2016
Good
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by MrCEO69(m): 7:31pm On Jan 02, 2016
Oliviaarims:

Lol. So it seems.

Pic or #WeDn'tbLiveU:p
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jan 02, 2016
ronald4lif:

Self confession time at the bold? grin

You see, you are admitting your cravings to be wooed by a lady. Not to worry every guy loves to experience a woman initiate romance. So what makes anyone think a woman who's distinct and stepped out of her imposed precinct, out of her limits would be neglected and slight for displaying such exraordinary character. Who would treat such a sanguine and nonpareil character with contempt? Something you crave for?

I understand some irresponsible, unfledged, and sex-starved guys who don't value rare act of bravery will slight such a woman but to use that as a premise and citing culture or unnatural as grounds is laughable.

Ronald, u've still not explained to me what u understand by a lady making the first move.
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by donephi(m): 7:31pm On Jan 02, 2016
Laveda:
Yeah..true that..and same way only matured guys can handle it..and not use that to take advantage ...

What do you mean take advantage?

Him taking advantage of you is only your mindset. No "MAN" takes undue advantage of a lady who wooed him, rather he respects her confidence and becomes very careful not to hurt her feelings especially when she knows her onions as a "LADY"

1 Like

Re: About Women Making The First Move. by francizy(m): 7:32pm On Jan 02, 2016
kinglekan:

Na boobi go kee u. angry angry angry

I no mind oh, so which one will do it best?

M.zpecs, Lav.eda or Olivia.arims? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by ronald4lif(m): 7:34pm On Jan 02, 2016
Oliviaarims:

It's not every man out there who's a real man. Too many will simply choose to try to take advantage of the woman.

And this isn't about any overblown idea of self-importance as u've chosen to believe.

Olivia, it's not about you and the reason being the post. It was an interesting debatable topic that warranted logical brainstorming but some mischief characters hijacked it from the first and second page as a terra firma to gloat and parade self-worth. And my observation and comment was aimed at them.

4 Likes

Re: About Women Making The First Move. by AfricanApple(f): 7:34pm On Jan 02, 2016
there's absolutely nothing wrong in it but believe me a lot of guys will take advantage of it especially this our 21st century guys. So I wouldn't advise my sister to make that move not unless you know him for a very long time and have a degree of familiarity.
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by JeffreyJamez(m): 7:35pm On Jan 02, 2016
See their wide mouths..... if they now see him with another babe they'll be beefing.. mchew undecided

1 Like

Re: About Women Making The First Move. by Laveda(f): 7:35pm On Jan 02, 2016
donephi:

What do you mean take advantage?

Him taking advantage of you is only your mindset. No "MAN" takes undue advantage of a lady who wooed him, rather he respects her confidence and becomes very careful not to hurt her feelings especially when she knows her onions as a "LADY"
I think this is only applied to guys who reason maturely and not some old guys with the brain of a 5year old kid...I'm talking from what I've seen

A girl asked a guy out instead of him to say he isn't interested..he took that as chance to do whatever with her...
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jan 02, 2016
She told me to fuckd her

Best i ever had

#no tyme for games
If u want it just say it

1 Like

Re: About Women Making The First Move. by Dallazday(m): 7:37pm On Jan 02, 2016
first move abi last move, move na move, d bone of contention should be were u dey move go, na yaba left abi lagoon, na it choice
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jan 02, 2016
IMO22:
Wise words buddy, but d Nigerian factor doesn't respect wisdom. 90 percent or more of guys in relationships birthed that way take the girls concerned 4 granted.U know better!!

Then it's safe to say the Nigerian factor is warped and medieval. Of course I know right, but I can only speak for myself and not the 90% of guys that abuse the love of such "bold ladies".
There is no standard on how a relationship should take off, if it works for you_ fine. If it doesn't _ life goes on... we win some, we lose some.

5 Likes

Re: About Women Making The First Move. by wristbangle: 7:38pm On Jan 02, 2016
Toks2008:

My submission is simple...dont woo a man head on..show subtle signals i tagg green light.

even on nairaland a lady can show a green light by just quoting a guy and she could lash out at u and that can be a green light.

see ladies should wake up..real men no longer have time for this shit called wooing and these guys will just easily fall for any smart chic.

So ladies should continue forming levels,i trust the wobey guys to be on your neck and while you are feeling cool that a guy is persistently chasing you,the guy is simply doing wat he naturally knows how to do best and that is hunting you down no matter how long and how hard and once he gets u,he marks his register n move on...

Real responsible men will harly persist on winning a lady cos na even by Gods grace for them to woo you in the first place..quote me anywhere.

Ladies are wired to belief real responsible men chase them head front hence confirm his confidence, security and boldness but like you said sir, who have time for that stunts.

If a responsible man saddle with huge responsibilities ask a lady out and she denies his love, he won't think of the rejection but rather move on to someone who means business of long time relationship.

1 Like

Re: About Women Making The First Move. by onyi2016(m): 7:39pm On Jan 02, 2016
I am experiencing dis kinda thing in my life right now.There was a girl dat wooed me several times.She calls everytime to check on me.i have started to develop love for her even though i never liked her.

1 Like

Re: About Women Making The First Move. by ronald4lif(m): 7:39pm On Jan 02, 2016
Oliviaarims:

Ronald, u've still not explained to me what u understand by a lady making the first move.

I thought that's pellucid and self-explanatory. Same thing you understand by 'first move' when a guy is the initiator.

1 Like

Re: About Women Making The First Move. by Wildngent: 7:42pm On Jan 02, 2016
tonyx4x44:

Nobody should go all out at first sight... Male or female

Whoever asks for exchange of contacts, addresses, a hang out spot next time, or the likes first sets the tone. That's a way of coming out at least that's how i see it. If I did the above, I came out first. She already knows i am interested in something at that point. Be okay for a Lady to muster the balls to do that but i'd prefer she built a convo leading to that and leave the dude asking. my thoughts

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (19) (Reply)

What Kind Of Guy Does This To His Girlfriend (photos) / Man Returns Lady's Number After She Played Hard To Get / If Your Boyfriend Moves To USA Without Green Card, Just Move On

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.