Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,518 members, 7,816,253 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:18 AM

About Women Making The First Move. - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / About Women Making The First Move. (61372 Views)

Why Men Should Not Get Advice From Women About Women / The Raw Truth About Women. / Guys Its High Time You Stopped Making Bad Generalization About Women. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: About Women Making The First Move. by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jan 02, 2016
jelal007:
Manners.....patience......modesty. Ewww
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jan 02, 2016
uncjay:

Bae, u need to go start stand up comedy or something related...Lolz.......dat sinach part just dey make belle pain me.
sorry sad

grin grin
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jan 02, 2016
To all the guys saying it's okay for a woman to make the first move, u've simply been very opinionated about it and seemed offended that some women won't even contemplate wooing a man.

At least when I made my stand, I made it clear that there are instances where it could be permissible.

And may I say also, that most of u are simply being idealistic and quite far from being realistic?

And to the others saying there are diplomatic ways to go about it, pls, do us the favour of citing at least one diplomatic way of going about it.

Also, it seems as though most of u do not fully understand what I mean by making the first move. Most of u, it appears are basing ur arguments and dissatisfaction on perhaps, not showing the greenlight.

Finally, everybody's entitled to their beliefs and where they decide to draw the line as regards what they can and cannot do. Therefore, there's no need attacking anybody who doesn't share the same views as u.

Cc. Ronald4lif.. Doskie. I'd like to know what u understand as "making the first move" and then to state diplomatic ways to go about it. Thanks
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by Xtracoool(m): 7:48pm On Jan 02, 2016
Estharfabian:
undecidedTruth be told...undecided

I'd never ask A guy Out!! even if my life depended on it! how degrading!! My ego won't even let me...

I'd keep giving him signs(Green, blue and yellow lights), I'd talk sweet to him, Change my voice around him, be all touchy n mushy towards him, Act overly caring, maybe call him like TWICE A month?undecided...if he still doesn't get those Obvious/vivid Romantic signs.

He should go hang himself for all I care!!!undecided fûck him!

Dating isn't my priority...There are plenny "Sharks" in the sea...I only have to choose from so many.....!undecided

You and smiley
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by MizMyColi(f): 7:50pm On Jan 02, 2016

The reason most of us are against the idea of ladies approaching a man is because for aeons, our parents and those before them have been culturally imbued to think of the men as conquerors, as the pillar, the hunters, the providers, they are the backbones, are meant to do the hard jobs while the women do the softer ones....I really don't have an issue with this.

Over the years, our parents and those before them didn't seem to have an issue with it either. But our generation, being the adventurous kind and those who deliberately go after a change in the status quo have decided in their wisdom to upturn the belief.

Now here's the catch my Darlingssmiley

Because the scenario of mentality that I described above is still very much prevalent in our men today, it is GENERALLY not advisable to ask them out.

True, I see no big deal in saying, hey, let's get to know each other more...etc - but we need to be conscious about the mentality, perspective and enlightenment level of the person we might be thinking of asking out.

As a lady, do you still have bits or bowls of ego and insecurity issues hanging around your life? If you do, please don't ask a guy out....if you both ever have an issue, your insecure mindset will tell you that he doesn't value you because "you came for him"

As a lady, do you have a level of confidence that amazes guys? If you do, then please, before asking him out, study him to find out to study if he is the kind that gets threatened by women who go all out to get what they want....if he's that kind, guide him in such a way that'll make him pop the question...that way, he'll feel more manly.

Lastly, if you are a lady who has come to understand the simplicity of life and has attained a level of enlightenment, and you happen to meet a guy who has attained such values, who for one reason or another doesn't seem forthcoming in that regard even though you know he wants you...you can spark a discussion in that direction or do sumtin little extra to show your availability.

For me though, I prefer being asked out. Not because of pride or ego...but because I want my man to lead..to be the leader, my leader...while I gladly followsmiley

Ehennnnn
To my lovelies who are saying "he should Bleep off if he can't see a green light enough" Please sweeties...tone it down. smiley I've been in your shoes too, and somewhere a little down the line, I found it a tad childish and proud to speak in such a way.
I apologise profusely if you feel like I'm judging you dearies. It's not intentional. I really do want the best for you all.
Hava happy year aheadwink

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: About Women Making The First Move. by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jan 02, 2016
ronald4lif:

I thought that's pellucid and self-explanatory. Same thing you understand by 'first move' when a guy is the initiator.

But u can't know what I understand. I want to know urs.
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by cococandy(f): 7:51pm On Jan 02, 2016
Guys get turned down all the time.
Why's this news? undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: About Women Making The First Move. by donephi(m): 7:53pm On Jan 02, 2016
Laveda:
I think this is only applied to guys who reason maturely and not some old guys with the brain of a 5year old kid...I'm talking from what I've seen

A girl asked a guy out instead of him to say he isn't interested..he took that as chance to do whatever with her...
The dude must have done you strong thing.

You fell into the wrong hand, that shouldn't deter you. Go for what you want

1 Like

Re: About Women Making The First Move. by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jan 02, 2016
Wildngent:

Whoever asks for exchange of contacts, addresses, a hang out spot next time, or the likes first sets the tone. That's a way of coming out at least that's how i see it. If I did the above, I came out first. She already knows i am interested in something at that point. Be okay for a Lady to muster the balls to do that but i'd prefer she built a convo leading to that and leave the dude asking. my thoughts

Now, u're about the only person who's precisely stated what he understands by a girl making the first move. Good.

But what I meant goes beyond that.
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jan 02, 2016
Oliviaarims:
This notion seems to be trending these days. But pls, before anyone goes about saying it's okay for a woman to make the first move, then perhaps they should also elaborate on what circumstances and the manner in which it should be done. So many girls are being misled already.. And making complete fools of themselves. I witnessed one such event yesterday and I just couldn't help laughing. This girl must have been feeling like a real 21st century chic when she even contemplated making the move. But with the way things turned out, I can bet on my two Di'ja-like-boobs that she's so never going to try that again. Heck, that dude was mean!

Back to my topic. I really don't get why a girl should be encouraged to make the first move. Look at it this way,
let me say i love u for this. and you are not old-fashioned. i personally as a guy don't buy an idea that a girl should woo a guy. It's bullsh*t.
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jan 02, 2016
MizMyColi:

The reason most of us are against the idea of ladies approaching a man is because for aeons, our parents and those before them have been culturally imbued to think of the men as conquerors, as the pillar, the hunters, the providers, they are the backbones, are meant to do the hard jobs while the women do the softer ones....I really don't have an issue with this.

Over the years, our parents and those before them didn't seem to have an issue with it either. But our generation, being the adventurous kind and those who deliberately go after a change in the status quo have decided in their wisdom to upturn the belief.

Because the scenario of mentality that I described above is still very much prevalent in our men today, it is GENERALLY not advisable to ask them out.

True, I see no big deal in saying, hey, let's get to know each other more...etc - but we need to be conscious about the mentality, perspective and enlightenment level of the person we might be thinking of asking out.

As a lady, do you still have bits or bowls of ego and insecurity issues hanging around your life? If you do, please don't ask a guy out....if you both ever have an issue, your insecure mindset will tell you that he doesn't value you because "you came for him"

As a lady, do you have a level of confidence that amazes guys? If you do, then please, before asking him out, study him to find out to study if he is the kind that gets threatened by women who go all out to get what they want....if he's that kind, guide him in such a way that'll make him pop the question...that way, he'll feel more manly.

Lastly, if you are a lady who has come to understand the simplicity of life and has attained a level of enlightenment, and you happen to meet a guy who has attained such values, who for one reason or another doesn't seem forthcoming in that regard even though you know he wants you...you can spark a discussion in that direction or do sumtin little extra to show your availability.

For me though, I prefer being asked out. Not because of pride or ego...but because I want my man to lead..to be the leader, my leader...while I gladly followsmiley

Ehennnnn
To my lovelies who are saying "he should Bleep off if he can't see a green light enough" Please sweeties...tone it down. smiley I've been in your shoes too, and somewhere a little down the line, I found it a tad childish and proud to speak in such a way.
I apologise profusely if you feel like I'm judging you dearies. It's not intentional. I really do want the best for you all.

Good good good. U just brought all the underlying reasons in what I was trying to say... And because it's not easy achieving and guaranteeing the above conditions, it's safer to stick to the status quo. After all, it's what's still prevalent in our society today.

Naijaboiy, I think she responded to ur mention. U should be happy now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: About Women Making The First Move. by Laveda(f): 7:59pm On Jan 02, 2016
MizMyColi:

Ehennnnn
Yeah ma'am I've been waiting for your comment grin
Cc: Naijaboiy...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: About Women Making The First Move. by ColeworldMD(m): 8:01pm On Jan 02, 2016
Kachisbarbie:
Some ladies expect guys to know when they are in the mood to be wooed, if they are his level or not... like he is psychic _ yet they can't do same.
Guys get turned down everyday, and they are not dead.

You don't go about approaching every random guy, those signs you expect a young man to watch out for, you should be smart enough to watch out for same signs.

Observing a guy closely (especially when you guys have established a reasonable degree of familiarity), you would notice if he is into you but has issues expressing himself probably for fear of being turned down too. That's the time to strike... grin

Love Doctor cheesy
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by Missmossy(f): 8:02pm On Jan 02, 2016
Hmm i really agree, especially with some set of immature guys cheesy

2 Likes

Re: About Women Making The First Move. by tintingz(m): 8:03pm On Jan 02, 2016
But if na money you see in the guy, you will make the first move.

Awon olosho oshi. undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: About Women Making The First Move. by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jan 02, 2016
Ofatfoed:

let me say i love u for this. and you are not old-fashioned. i personally as a guy don't buy an idea that a girl should woo a guy. It's bullsh*t.

Thanks. smiley
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by donbliss(m): 8:04pm On Jan 02, 2016
Ladies shouldn't mk d first move. Look at America the new world peeps re copying how is their marriage and divorce rate like
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by ronald4lif(m): 8:06pm On Jan 02, 2016
Oliviaarims:

But u can't know what I understand. I want to know urs.

Oh is it about individual understanding of 'first move'? grin

Oh well, my understanding of first move and which I believe it's conventional, it's that if you like someone and find them worthy to be part of your love life, then you ask them out. Guys and girls alike. Same method a guy ask a girl out and no waffy display.

1 Like

Re: About Women Making The First Move. by Mrlekan07034617: 8:09pm On Jan 02, 2016
TrapKNNG:
OP you are Wrong! Very wrong! Lemmie tell you why..

The last serious relationship I was in was with a wonderful wonderful lady. She practically wooed me from top to bottom, left-right and center, and I respected her for that. I grew fond of her, I agreed and we started dating but never did I look down on her for one day!! At a point in the relationship, it didn't even matter who did the wooing cos I forgot about that and took charge of my relationship like the man that I am. we had fights like every normal couple nd did all the normal stuff regardless of who wooed who.

So quit deceiving ladies out there. A guy might be shy and thus a little bit apprehensive about approaching his crush, the crush on the other hand might pick up his signal and decide to throw him a bone! Its no biggie!!

God bless you my brother, what's wrong with a lady wooing a guy? Nothing much as far as I'm concerned.

U only study this ur crush of a guy and know how to approach d issue, u don't dress seductively to woo a guy or else u send wrong signal to him and that might make him see u cheap.

Dress perfect if possible very corporate with decent choice of words and show some level of scare towards him. With all these believe me any guy in his right senses will be happy u made him ur King!!

1 Like

Re: About Women Making The First Move. by Toks2008(m): 8:09pm On Jan 02, 2016
Oliviaarims:

cheesy
Baby your black is beautiful.
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by francizy(m): 8:09pm On Jan 02, 2016
MizMyColi:

Ehennnnn

Well if feminism will for once preach against ladies always waiting for men to ask them out then I'd surely support feminism fully and not partially... cheesy cheesy
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by ToseroRock(f): 8:12pm On Jan 02, 2016
Been coming accros the following verses "he that findeth a wife findeth a good thing and obtaineth favour from God"...and not he that findeth a husband. The other verse follows " A woman shall leave his father and mother and cling to him and they shall become one.. And that verse comes after the first one. Haven't seen the opposite. Its not about being tough or smart or educated or whatever, its about u not trying to slap nature cos nature won't give u the second chick. Ask those that said luring a man to marry them with pregnancy is no crime..they d tell u more.

2 Likes

Re: About Women Making The First Move. by MizMyColi(f): 8:12pm On Jan 02, 2016
naijaboiy:

Please when are you going to return fully to romance section?

Some of these girls here need schooling. I miss seeing the posts of you and mizmycoli. embarassed

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Tbh I didn't see this mention before commenting.

I'm smiling because it would seem Coli and Kachisbarbie made a call to return at just about the same time.
Lol
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by Lionofdjungle: 8:13pm On Jan 02, 2016
I feel I should contribute my own quota to this topic. Everything boils down on two factors:
1. The culture. 2. The level of maturity of the guy in question .
I read about Ruth in much own Bible. It was she who proposed to Boaz and it eventually led to a successful marriage. (go and read it in your own Bible ). In that case, my first factor comes to play: the culture. The culture, back then, allows a woman to make such a move.
Boaz was mature enough to reason with Ruth and he treated her in a kind way.
Before a woman can make the first move, she has to consider the two factors. Apart from the western part of the world, there are places in Nigeria where such act is not frowned at. For example, in the south -south of this country, e.g. Akwa Ibom, Calabar, etc. I'm not from that place but I did my NYSC there.
Secondly, if the lady has observed the guy for a while and discovers that he is mature to handle such, she can go ahead. After all,what a man can do, a woman can do better. Otherwise, it will be better only to flash the green light and let the guy make the move.
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by IMO22(m): 8:19pm On Jan 02, 2016
Kachisbarbie:

Then it's safe to say the Nigerian factor is warped and medieval. Of course I know right, but I can only speak for myself and not the 90% of guys that abuse the love of such "bold ladies".
There is no standard on how a relationship should take off, if it works for you_ fine. If it doesn't _ life goes on... we win some, we lose some.
Buddy, I believe this is one of the ills of civilization.There is much joy and comfort in any position God/culture had given anyone.We
only create problems when we choose 2 derail due 2 dissatisfaction(especially when we tread without caution) For instance, women originally were made 2 b helps;the west re propagating feminism Nd sme folks choose 2 swallow it hook, line Nd sinker(yet we wonder y divorce is the order of d day). The West doesn't pride in culture/value like we do, therefore we must find a balance between their seeming wise ideologies Nd ours(to maintain equilibrium) Back 2 the topic, Men naturally are adventurers. We take pride in airing our prey out. In case of a turntable, Nd we bcom d hunted, natures equilibrium is distorted Nd there might b consequences.Talking 4rm experience Bud... Can't give further details.

1 Like

Re: About Women Making The First Move. by Oahray: 8:20pm On Jan 02, 2016
Oliviaarims:

Nobody's talking about being irresistible.
if guys just cannot say no to a girl when she asks, she's irresistible. If guys cannot look the other way after a girl flashes her green light, she's irresistible. It doesn't have to be spelt out first.

Ladies do not expect to be told no. They want to have what they want simply because they want it. That's why they dread having to make the bold move. There's the fear of rejection, of failure, of proof that they aren't as charming as they imagine.

Well I did read some girls' posts containing unsavory statements about guys who would not as much as respond to their 'green light'. I hope they aren't part of the Nobody you mentioned.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: About Women Making The First Move. by MizMyColi(f): 8:20pm On Jan 02, 2016
francizy:

Well if feminism will for once preach against ladies always waiting for men to ask them out then I'd surely support feminism fully and not partially... cheesy cheesy

Hahahahaha
My dear.
This one is not feminism o...maybe it is in in way sha.
Dunno
cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: About Women Making The First Move. by Wildngent: 8:23pm On Jan 02, 2016
Oliviaarims:

Now, u're about the only person who's precisely stated what he understands by a girl making the first move. Good.

But what I meant goes beyond that.

Girlfriend! any move beyond that may seem rather too desperate if you asked me. i really don't know what you mean but if you walked up to me and passed a compliment at me*even though it ain't true* you should have gotten my attention now. This is a move, but not an ambitious one. Now there is a common ground between two people, which is an ongoing conversation that had just ensued. Say i was a fair guy and you continued;"i noticed you are about the only dark dude in the building and i stopped by to say hi!" That should lighten the mood for an ongoing talk. If you smell the dude is being all arrogant, can't see or keep up with what you are trying to do, then the cookie might crumble too soon. HE AIN'T WORTH THE TIME*she should know by now cos Ladies are masterfully calculative with manipulations far better than dudes in this regard, after all who run the world??* then it's time to pull the plug even though the chit chat may have ended awkwardly. She shouldn't loose too much of her self worth, should she? Now think what if the dude was a brilliant chap and acted along. She got what she wanted, and It may well have ended in a healthy relationship.
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by ronald4lif(m): 8:24pm On Jan 02, 2016
MizMyColi:

Ehennnnn

Nicely written. But pardon my ignorance. You said that if you're a lady who's insecure and egoistic one shouldn't ask a guy out. I've restated earlier that women who initiate romance are confident, bold and not afraid to go for what they want. Your admission of insecurity is to say they lack confidence, frightened by the thought of failure. What does that say of them?

In another instance, you said if a woman knows the man in question is a confident type, one who can't stigmatise her and if the lady is certain she won't be slighted she can make the first move? What you're saying here is that any lady who can't muster the courage and find a mind worthy of asking him out has no reason to be with such man, even if he's the initiator of an affair. The man is simply unfit for her. So my question to you is why should a woman involve herself in a romance with a man who lacks confidence and unsuitable for her even if the man is the initiator?

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: About Women Making The First Move. by francizy(m): 8:24pm On Jan 02, 2016
MizMyColi:

Hahahahaha
My dear.
This one is not feminism o...maybe it is in in way sha.
Dunno
cheesy

Really, I expect all feminists to practice that act of walking up to men they find appealing oh.. cheesy
Maybe we'll soon get to the era where all men will have to wait to be asked out by females.. smiley grin

1 Like

Re: About Women Making The First Move. by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jan 02, 2016
Laveda:
Yeah..we're all scared of being rejected... grin
One still needs to take the risk though cool

Nah...not scared of rejection....at least not anymore
The problem then was I prepared a script in my mind where i was the producer and director and she didn't follow the script....

Right now no script. ..after doing a very brief analysis on the babe in question I walk up to her with no expectations....... since id really only be interested being a friend...
and I know girls hardly do that except she's immature or she was scammed in computer village that very day

I personally don't see anything wrong with a girl approaching a guy...... relationships start from stranger-friendship-dating-courtship
At the friendship stage It shouldn't really matter who approached who...

Even if it's the guy who approached you, so long as he's immature, the guy would still take you for granted once he knows your weaknesses

1 Like

Re: About Women Making The First Move. by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jan 02, 2016
Toks2008:

Baby your black is beautiful.

Lol. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (19) (Reply)

Man Returns Lady's Number After She Played Hard To Get / If Your Boyfriend Moves To USA Without Green Card, Just Move On / The iPhone My Girlfriend Gave Me As Valentine's Gift

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.