Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,593 members, 7,816,462 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:33 AM

About Women Making The First Move. - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / About Women Making The First Move. (61384 Views)

Why Men Should Not Get Advice From Women About Women / The Raw Truth About Women. / Guys Its High Time You Stopped Making Bad Generalization About Women. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: About Women Making The First Move. by ronald4lif(m): 6:46pm On Jan 02, 2016
Toks2008:

My submission is simple...dont woo a man head on..show subtle signals i tagg green light.

even on nairaland a lady can show a green light by just quoting a guy and she could lash out at u and that can be a green light.

see ladies should wake up..real men no longer have time for this shit called wooing and these guys will just easily fall for any smart chic.

So ladies should continue forming levels,i trust the wobey guys to be on your neck and while you are feeling cool that a guy is persistently chasing you,the guy is simply doing wat he naturally knows how to do best and that is hunting you down no matter how long and how hard and once he gets u,he marks his register n move on...

Real responsible men will harly persist on winning a lady cos na even by Gods grace for them to woo you in the first place..quote me anywhere.

I've always maintained that we guys are responsible for how we're being treated by women. They would continue to lacerate you like the bellyaches that you are.

You see a woman and perhaps someone you've become friends with and ask her out. Then say a woman shouldn't do same citing culture as reason? Can you please define culture for a start and if it's constant or static?

A woman who ask a guy out is confident, and strong, sui generis and one with true character. It shows she knows what she wants and not afraid to go for it. It depicts one who's not afraid to defy her societal inhibitions and dogmas that aimed at restricting her potentials. And a real man will appreciate her boldness and examplary character.

A relationship is a two way street. Who ever made the "rules" of who always has to text first or do the asking is an idiot.

I ordinarily didn't set out to join the discuss after observing it was a luxuriant ground for some hoity-toity display of self-importance for those who falsely think they're some deity.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: About Women Making The First Move. by TS2(m): 6:46pm On Jan 02, 2016
Oliviaarims:
This notion seems to be trending these days. But pls, before anyone goes about saying it's okay for a woman to make the first move, then perhaps they should also elaborate on what circumstances and the manner in which it should be done. So many girls are being misled already.. And making complete fools of themselves. I witnessed one such event yesterday and I just couldn't help laughing. This girl must have been feeling like a real 21st century chic when she even contemplated making the move. But with the way things turned out, I can bet on my two Di'ja-like-boobs that she's so never going to try that again. Heck, that dude was mean!

Back to my topic. I really don't get why a girl should be encouraged to make the first move. Look at it this way. Wooing a woman is sth that comes very natural to men. It's what they do. It's what they've always done right from time, what reason then has a guy not to make a move on the girl he likes? So this boy and girl know themselves, perhaps not as friends or anything serious, but each knows about the existence of the other. They are perhaps in the same location.. Work in the same place, live in the same neighborhood, attend the same Uni;So, surely they get to see each other from time to time. Why then should it be the girl making a move since she's interested in him? Hasn't he seen her before? If actually he had any interest whatsoever, he'd make the first move. It shouldn't be an issue at all. Girls are used to being wooed.

But he doesn't and some girl would think it's okay for her to make the first move. Trust me, chances are high that he won't take u seriously if ever u should go into a relationship. He'd simply see the whole thing as him doing u a favour by dating u and perhaps getting an advantage for himself if he succeeds in sleeping with you sad. I can't even imagine how u'd feel comfortable being in that relationship. He's most likely always going to be eager to show u the door, because after all, u made the first move on him, when he was just on his own doing his thing. It's just like reversing roles entirely. And IMO, it shows desperation.

And I also thought guys used to enjoy the chase. They want girls to be the ones chasing them now? Lol.

Pls, giving the green light and not playing too hard to get is enough. A man's supposed to know what to do when he sees the green light. If he doesn't, well, that's sad. It simply implies that there are so many things about women he isn't sensitive to.

Call me old-fashioned. I like being old-fashioned if this is what being old fashioned is all about.

Nice write up. But if you want the female empowerment drive of the twenty first century and gender equality then be ready to jettison being wooed.

3 Likes

Re: About Women Making The First Move. by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jan 02, 2016
tosyne2much:
Oliviaarims cheesy

Tosyne2much cheesy
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jan 02, 2016
kinglekan:

Brother the very fact that you broke out of YABA LEFT has reduced my confidence in the mental institution. grin grin

BABA WEREY Nea. You just looking for Trouble.Abeg na new year be this ooooh
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by wristbangle: 6:49pm On Jan 02, 2016
tonyx4x44:

Na people whe get their time... I've asked only 1 girl out in my life (failed, as she's into that hard to get rubbish) ... My woman made the first move after friendship... It's been years now and we strong pass Lil Kesh and Olamide...

The one we whe dey form hard to get come dey try make me cheat on my girl... Rubbish who get her time... She rejected Me maybe for the pleasure of messing with my ego, because it was obvious we were into each

That's her cup of tea. My prayer is God will keep your current relationship strong.

1 Like

Re: About Women Making The First Move. by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jan 02, 2016
ronald4lif:

Speak for yourself and the class of women you have in your circle. What do you people think or assume culture to be? Culture is metamorphosic and evolves with time. If you think a woman shouldn't woo you just like you can woo them you're tacitly admitting you're not endearing and lovable even as its a confession of low self esteem.

This is referring to Toks2008 submission as well.

cheesy
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by Oahray: 6:50pm On Jan 02, 2016
Ruuhh:

Now that is totally down to earth! I wish every lady had your kinda brain,the world would've been at peace.#plaintruth
lol. Women's brains (whatever kind) aren't responsible for the unrest in the Middle East though.
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by simplisity(m): 6:51pm On Jan 02, 2016
Oliviaarims:

Ohhh. But some ppl have chosen to tag women who don't do that myopic and old-fashioned.
We waive nature and culture( how things suppose to be done) and embrace civilisation and modernisation in d name of evolution thinking that we are smart, but later nature and culture will return back and take their places, aftr we had suffered the consequences. Sanity has being lost in d society bcs of modernisation. Do not remove ur ancient land marks, thats wat Solomon d wisest man told us in proverb. If a woman suppose to woo a man, she should pay for d dowry too.
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by kinglekan: 6:51pm On Jan 02, 2016
Emmagenius:

BABA WEREY Nea. You just looking for Trouble.Abeg na new year be this ooooh

Baba so u sef just remember sey na 2016 we dey. grin cheesy

Na as u talk am me sef remember oooooo. cheesy grin

My hand dey up Sir.

Re: About Women Making The First Move. by Toks2008(m): 6:51pm On Jan 02, 2016
ronald4lif:

I've always maintained that we guys are responsible for how we're being treated by women. They would continue to lacerate you like the bellyaches that you are.

You see a woman and perhaps someone you've become friends with and ask her out. Then say a woman shouldn't do same citing culture as reason? Can you please define culture for a start and if it's constant or static?

A woman who ask a guy out is confident, and strong, sui generis and one with true character. It shows she knows what she wants and not afraid to go for it. It depicts one who's not afraid to defy her societal inhibitions and dogmas that aimed at restricting her potentials. And a real man will appreciate her boldness and examplary character.

A relationship is a two way street. Who ever made the "rules" of who always has to text first or do the asking is an idiot.

I ordinarily didn't set out to join the discuss after observing it was a luxuriant ground for some hoity-toity display of self-importance for those who falsely think they're some deity.

Are you by chance related to prof wole shoyinka or senator patrick? Abeg take am easy o..lol

But seriously i want to be wooed by a sweet confident chic right now cos i don hang boot for wooing matter...

1 Like

Re: About Women Making The First Move. by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jan 02, 2016
doskie:
we are no longer in that era. the world has moved on. saying fucck off to a guy now only applies to fake men. trust me; after saying he should Bleep off, you will still be looking at him from your window, checking his instagram, and hating your female friend who collected his number from you, pinged him, dated him, married him and bore him kids. dont try to act tough. you are inherently designed not to be as strong as you want to make us believe.

Doskie, do u want to perhaps tell us the manner and circumstances in which it is acceptable for a girl to make the first move? And do u also clearly understand what I mean by "making the first move?"
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by donephi(m): 6:54pm On Jan 02, 2016
Laveda:
Nah... I can't try that shít again.. undecidedundecided.

Sounds like you've done it before. smiley

There is no big deal. Only big and matured ladies go for what they want.

His response or reaction does not really matter.
What matters is your approach

1 Like

Re: About Women Making The First Move. by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jan 02, 2016
kinglekan:

Why u dey disturb am? undecided

cheesy
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by doskie(m): 6:56pm On Jan 02, 2016
Oliviaarims:

Allow me clarify things here. First, the example I mentioned about the case I witnessed is no standard. It wasn't meant to be the basis for which girls should avoid wooing a man. I cited the example because it was what made me create the thread.

Secondly, it doesn't have to be written down in some law book that men should be the one doing the toasting. There are so many unwritten codes and conventions governing the way humans should live. And my view on the topic that women should leave the wooing for the men stems from what is observable in our society. We are Africans and such a practice is not totally acceptable;it is in lieu of this that I advise ladies to exercise a little restraint. Also, I haven't said it's in all cases that the lady will meet with a rebuff or end or end up in a futile relationship.

If u read the comments on the first page, I agreed that there are some situations in which it is permissible.

And NO, I'm not in any way guilty of Hasty generalisation. Go back to the topic and u'll see that I did not categorically say she would be disrespected. I didn't even use the word "disrespect." I simply said the chances are high of him not taking the lady seriously in the relationship . It means there are exceptions- a possibility of this not happening.

I try to be as open-minded as possible, but for now, I think I'd prefer to stick to the status quo. There isn't much sense in fighting everything all in the name of being liberal.
a lady who goes the extra mile to make a move has demonstrated that she is willing to invest massively into the success of that relationship. I and majority of the men (taking statistics from the opinions of nairalanders on this thread) will be more comfortable with the one in that position than the other who despite wooing her, I am not convinced that I have no reasons to feel insecure with, provided as I have stated, I am able to know if she is coming to me for the wrong reasons. we all have reasons to fear, but when we do the things we fear most, then the death of fear becomes certain. and what we have left is a life replete with such freedom and security as will justify the saying that life is too short. ladies should keep it real and act on time. before there comes a time when they'll start singing " I WILL NEVER GET USED TO NOT LIVING NEXT DOOOORRR TO JERRY"

1 Like

Re: About Women Making The First Move. by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jan 02, 2016
oseod:

When it happened to me It felt like rapture......like I was paying for the sins of my ancestors...
A dinner party that turned out to be a horrible memory. ..the babe was staring at me so I was thinking greenlight don show only for me to muster some half baked courage and walk over to seat beside her. Before I could say anything she put on her earpiece and looked away......

.I was already damaged at this point!!..

Then she completed the job by turning to me and saying "please someone is sitting here, when you're done please stand up...I don't want any trouble

I just stood and walked humbly like a beggar to my sit......I felt like plucking out the eyes of everyone that was looking at me in that hall..

Till today I don't believe In greenlight .....I don't even believe in traffic light or police warden......Am I mad!!!!

Its probably a good thing you have experienced it .......you'll be an expert at turning down a guy ithout embarrassing him since you know how it feels

Hahahahahahahaahah.Funny Experience(like a beggar??.LOL).That Ill-mannered way she responded is Bad
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jan 02, 2016
zanga420:
@ Oliviaarims
Thank God, u've seen its not easy to woo a person. I doubt if ur girl did it d right way. Same way, if a guy woo a lady wrongly, he receives insults n backlash. Guys also learn d swags of wooing a lady.
I've seen girls that made d first move n their relationships were strong with mutual respect. So let ur girl learn d diplomacy of making d 1st move n u'll see how cute that is.
U said u were old fashioned? Oh we're in new fashion now(21st century), so learn.

How do u propose a girl should make the first move? Pls, give an ideal example.
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by doveda: 6:59pm On Jan 02, 2016
naijaboiy:

Please when are you going to return fully to romance section?

Some of these girls here need schooling. I miss seeing the posts of you and mizmycoli. embarassed

Is this the new naijaboiy I am seeing?

This new year is changing you o shocked

Your posts are devoid of any emotion.

Did you perchance get a new gf or what? :PP

Biko, tell me your secretcheesy
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jan 02, 2016
tosyne2much:
As a guy, I just can't imagine myself wooing a lady. The highest I can do, is show her greenlight and If she can't woo me, she should go hang herself for all I care!! cool

*nobody should quote*

Ur left ventricle!!!
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by doveda: 7:01pm On Jan 02, 2016
Hehehhehehehehehehe

I can't believe these women are scared o

What are you afraid of? Karma?

You don't want to experience the things you have put all those men through abi angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: About Women Making The First Move. by Wildngent: 7:03pm On Jan 02, 2016
ronald4lif:

I'd buy you a bottle of chilled coke any day any time. But i do not agree she goes all out stating her relationship intentions if they were first timers. There are ways she'd strike a natural conversation that leaves loose ends for either one of them to capitalize on and this time, luring the man to take advantage of. Well pointed out all the same.
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by tosyne2much(m): 7:03pm On Jan 02, 2016
Oliviaarims:

Ur left ventricle!!!
So you have Dija-bosom-like ? shocked
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by Laveda(f): 7:05pm On Jan 02, 2016
donephi:

Sounds like you've done it before. smiley

There is no big deal. Only big and matured ladies go for what they want.

His response or reaction does not really matter.
What matters is your approach
Yeah..true that..and same way only matured guys can handle it..and not use that to take advantage ...

1 Like

Re: About Women Making The First Move. by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jan 02, 2016
kinglekan:
Baba so u sef just remember sey na 2016 we dey. grin cheesy
Na as u talk am me sef remember oooooo. cheesy grin
My hand dey up Sir.

I hail you sef!!!!!
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jan 02, 2016
oseod:

When it happened to me It felt like rapture......like I was paying for the sins of my ancestors...
A dinner party that turned out to be a horrible memory. ..the babe was staring at me so I was thinking greenlight don show only for me to muster some half baked courage and walk over to seat beside her. Before I could say anything she put on her earpiece and looked away......

.I was already damaged at this point!!..

Then she completed the job by turning to me and saying "please someone is sitting here, when you're done please stand up...I don't want any trouble

I just stood and walked humbly like a beggar to my sit......I felt like plucking out the eyes of everyone that was looking at me in that hall..

Till today I don't believe In greenlight .....I don't even believe in traffic light or police warden......Am I mad!!!!

Its probably a good thing you have experienced it .......you'll be an expert at turning down a guy ithout embarrassing him since you know how it feels

Lmao. Sorry.
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by IMO22(m): 7:07pm On Jan 02, 2016
Kachisbarbie:
Some ladies expect guys to know when they are in the mood to be wooed, if they are his level or not... like he is psychic _ yet they can't do same.
Guys get turned down everyday, and they are not dead.

You don't go about approaching every random guy, those signs you expect a young man to watch out for, you should be smart enough to watch out for same signs.

Observing a guy closely (especially when you guys have established a reasonable degree of familiarity), you would notice if he is into you but has issues expressing himself probably for fear of being turned down too. That's the time to strike... grin

Wise words buddy, but d Nigerian factor doesn't respect wisdom. 90 percent or more of guys in relationships birthed that way take the girls concerned 4 granted.U know better!!
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by Oahray: 7:07pm On Jan 02, 2016
tosyne2much:
As a guy, I just can't imagine myself wooing a lady. The highest I can do, is show her greenlight and If she can't woo me, she should go hang herself for all I care!! cool

*nobody should quote*
lol. I be no even see this post sef. grin
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jan 02, 2016
Oahray:
he tried na. At least he didn't tell her "talk a walk, you are not in my class... durrh!"

I think ladies usually forget that there are millions (okay billions) of other ladies roaming the earth, some more attractive than they are. No one is irresistible simply because she's female.

Nobody's talking about being irresistible.
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by tamquezee(m): 7:09pm On Jan 02, 2016
Oliviaarims:
This notion seems to be trending these days. But pls, before anyone goes about saying it's okay for a woman to make the first move, then perhaps they should also elaborate on what circumstances and the manner in which it should be done. So many girls are being misled already.. And making complete fools of themselves. I witnessed one such event yesterday and I just couldn't help laughing. This girl must have been feeling like a real 21st century chic when she even contemplated making the move. But with the way things turned out, I can bet on my two Di'ja-like-boobs that she's so never going to try that again. Heck, that dude was mean!

Back to my topic. I really don't get why a girl should be encouraged to make the first move. Look at it this way. Wooing a woman is sth that comes very natural to men. It's what they do. It's what they've always done right from time, what reason then has a guy not to make a move on the girl he likes? So this boy and girl know themselves, perhaps not as friends or anything serious, but each knows about the existence of the other. They are perhaps in the same location.. Work in the same place, live in the same neighborhood, attend the same Uni;So, surely they get to see each other from time to time. Why then should it be the girl making a move since she's interested in him? Hasn't he seen her before? If actually he had any interest whatsoever, he'd make the first move. It shouldn't be an issue at all. Girls are used to being wooed.

But he doesn't and some girl would think it's okay for her to make the first move. Trust me, chances are high that he won't take u seriously if ever u should go into a relationship. He'd simply see the whole thing as him doing u a favour by dating u and perhaps getting an advantage for himself if he succeeds in sleeping with you sad. I can't even imagine how u'd feel comfortable being in that relationship. He's most likely always going to be eager to show u the door, because after all, u made the first move on him, when he was just on his own doing his thing. It's just like reversing roles entirely. And IMO, it shows desperation.

And I also thought guys used to enjoy the chase. They want girls to be the ones chasing them now? Lol.

Pls, giving the green light and not playing too hard to get is enough. A man's supposed to know what to do when he sees the green light. If he doesn't, well, that's sad. It simply implies that there are so many things about women he isn't sensitive to.

Call me old-fashioned. I like being old-fashioned if this is what being old fashioned is all about.

The last two paragraphs make a whole lot of sense to me. I concur!
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by naijalander: 7:10pm On Jan 02, 2016
Oliviaarims:

Old fashion is not bad and I think women make the first move every time through body language. In a way, a woman can bully you in to toasting her and after you mess up, blame you after wards.
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by tonyx4x44(m): 7:10pm On Jan 02, 2016
wristbangle:

That's her cup of tea. My prayer is God will keep your current relationship strong.

Amen! Thanks cool
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by kinglekan: 7:12pm On Jan 02, 2016
Oliviaarims:

cheesy

Don't mind tosyne2much, thats how he wee be vibrating like jelly fish at the mention of anything Olivia.... grin grin

Re: About Women Making The First Move. by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jan 02, 2016
ronald4lif:

It's not every man out there who's a real man. Too many will simply choose to try to take advantage of the woman.

And this isn't about any overblown idea of self-importance as u've chosen to believe.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply)

The iPhone My Girlfriend Gave Me As Valentine's Gift / Bien-Aime Baraza Rejects Kiss From Ellah Namtumbwe (Photos) / She Charmed Her Boyfriend Through Food

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.