Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,615 members, 7,816,526 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:38 PM

About Women Making The First Move. - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / About Women Making The First Move. (61387 Views)

Why Men Should Not Get Advice From Women About Women / The Raw Truth About Women. / Guys Its High Time You Stopped Making Bad Generalization About Women. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: About Women Making The First Move. by akachidi(m): 6:27pm On Jan 02, 2016
oseod:

Lol.....so you know how it feels like.?
She just realise is not eassy dealing with regection!

1 Like

Re: About Women Making The First Move. by Laveda(f): 6:27pm On Jan 02, 2016
naijaboiy:

[b]i'm calm and I know I'm not the one being referred to. However I'm speaking on a guy's point of view.

Personally I don't care how i get to meet a girl,whether she made the first move or I did doesn't matter as long as I also have the hots for her.

Now majority of you said you can't ask a guy out. I have no problem with that as everyone has what they can do and not do and no one should criticise them for it. But on the issue of showing green light,I'll reiterate that a guy not making a move after seeing your green light doesn't make him less of a man.

The statement you and Esthar made was like "if I show a guy green light then by all means he has to woo me". It is not compulsory and doesn't work that way.

Furthermore, you stated that girls can't handle rejection and that's the more reason why should not ask a guy out. No problem. But nobody likes rejection at all,not even we guys that encounter it almost every day of our lives.

So not being able to handle rejection is not an excuse for anyone to be bitter about the out come. Be you a male or female.

If a guy asks a girl out and he's rejected then by all means he should forget about her and move on. Same goes for the girls....if you ask a guy out or better still, show him the green light and he doesn't make a move you should also move on. It's not something to be bitter about.

Showing green lights is not a guarantee that the guy will ask you out.
[/b]
I understand you perfectly now smiley
We all different you know....you can handle it maturely ..while some can't....I've read comments from the guys here..i'm sure you have too....

Some won't even tell you they aren't interested.. Instead they'll take advantage.. Okay that's the only aspect of it I don't like..some guys seem to be wicked at times... I:m sure you experienced that..guys are fond of that...

Well it all boils down to choice and the person involved... Before trying such I have to study him very well and know the kinda person he is .....

And girls...maybe we need to step up our game too..LOL....
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by Wildngent: 6:28pm On Jan 02, 2016
Absolutely nothing wrong with it! Depends on the approach. The intention should be getting to know him for a possible relationship start but the move should be devoid of any element that shows that!

You don't even have to be beautiful for me. If she's smart, bold, sociable and holds the convo very well, one click! Ladies despise using wits arggghh!.. after the line like "nice shirt" or "you'd look better shaved" bae, amma gift you Shekau's head on a platter after the deal done. #sSheyi Shay my crush! that Singer will never know divorce!!

1 Like

Re: About Women Making The First Move. by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jan 02, 2016
What's this thread about again?

What... the lie-lie section of nairaland?!
Slowly exiting this thread. My contribution is too valuable to waste.
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by kinglekan: 6:30pm On Jan 02, 2016
Emmagenius:

BRO,why are you Quoting me without any Advice??.You need to visit YABA LEFT

Brother the very fact that you broke out of YABA LEFT has reduced my confidence in the mental institution. grin grin

Re: About Women Making The First Move. by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jan 02, 2016
saintnegroid:
my dear things have really changed o, maybe the guy did not see the inner beauty which is character, but as the girl wooed him, he now discovered the other awesome characters and that will make him die headlong for the girl

There wasn't anything wrong with the girl. She wasn't seductively dressed as sb suggested and she wasn't saying anything disrespectful or offensive. But instead of him to acknowledge that it must have been really difficult for her to garner courage to walk up to him, and perhaps help her out, he had a really mischievous smile on his face and was asking her irrelevant questions. She asked if he needed her number after a torturous 20 mins, and he said no defiantly. He asked the girl to collect his number instead and call him the next day. That she shouldn't call that very day.

He must have gone home telling whoever cared to listen about the while incident in a derisive manner.
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by francizy(m): 6:31pm On Jan 02, 2016
kinglekan:

Na the only thing wey ur brain read for her post be that bah? undecided

angry angry angry angry angry

Re: About Women Making The First Move. by tonyx4x44(m): 6:31pm On Jan 02, 2016
wristbangle:

I hate it when ladies form James Bond to enjoy the fun of guys been rejected. Meanwhile they hate it most. They should know how it feels to be rejected na.

Na people whe get their time... I've asked only 1 girl out in my life (failed, as she's into that hard to get rubbish) ... My woman made the first move after friendship... It's been years now and we strong pass Lil Kesh and Olamide...

The one we whe dey form hard to get come dey try make me cheat on my girl... Rubbish who get her time... She rejected Me maybe for the pleasure of messing with my ego, because it was obvious we were into each

1 Like

Re: About Women Making The First Move. by silent10(m): 6:31pm On Jan 02, 2016
joliyp:
first move? what happened to his leg
wristbangle:

Lol, do you think its easy to deal with rejection?
No mind her, i don toast lik 4 grls nw no one don say yesyes cry sad

1 Like

Re: About Women Making The First Move. by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jan 02, 2016
bet9jaguru:
I think as a woman, when u see ur "mr right"

Do not hesitate to approach him but do it in a diplomatic way. I think nigerian women need to learn how to get a guy they like to be interested in dem without looking like a hoe... Leave the sex appeal shit for LAWMA JOOR

Women been proposing to me since wayback in history.

Nigerian women need to evolve. Wat good does do to you to be harbouring feelings ..

If you like d guy go for him diplomaticly
He might get d msg along d line

But neva u use sex as a tool to get a man

Sum1 out there bleeps betta dan you do

Perhaps you can explain how it can be diplomatically done...
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by wristbangle: 6:33pm On Jan 02, 2016
kinglekan:

Padi mi JE KAN MO!!! grin

Padi wa sere! wink no mind them

1 Like

Re: About Women Making The First Move. by olac21(m): 6:33pm On Jan 02, 2016
Laveda:
Nah... I can't try that shít again..
Imagine being turned down when you've surmoned the courage to talk to him sad

I dont advice that...keep flashing that green light..if he's too dumb to see it...fùck him undecidedundecided.

You've tried one before riteand I guess it wasn't succesful.
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by simplisity(m): 6:34pm On Jan 02, 2016
ronald4lif:

Speak for yourself and the class of women you have in your circle. What do you people think or assume culture to be? Culture is metamorphosic and evolves with time. If you think a woman shouldn't woo you just like you can woo them you're tacitly admitting you're not endearing and lovable even as its a confession of low self esteem.

This is referring to Toks2008 submission as well.
Solomon the wisest man said in proverb, do not remove ur ancient land mark. Civilisation and modernisation have killed nature and culture and man is bearing the consequences bcs there is no more sanity in the society. I still retain my stand that, it is very unnatural and uncultural for a woman to woo a man. U can ask ur parents, especialy ur Dad, he will make u understand more.
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by meeky007(m): 6:34pm On Jan 02, 2016
TrapKNNG:
OP you are Wrong! Very wrong! Lemmie tell you why..

The last serious relationship I was in was with a wonderful wonderful lady. She practically wooed me from top to bottom, left-right and center, and I respected her for that. I grew fond of her, I agreed and we started dating but never did I look down on her for one day!! At a point in the relationship, it didn't even matter who did the wooing cos I forgot about that and took charge of my relationship like the man that I am. we had fights like every normal couple nd did all the normal stuff regardless of who wooed who.

So quit deceiving ladies out there. A guy might be shy and thus a little bit apprehensive about approaching his crush, the crush on the other hand might pick up his signal and decide to throw him a bone! Its no biggie!!
GOOS H! U SAID IT ALL
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by Toks2008(m): 6:36pm On Jan 02, 2016
Emmagenius:

Brus you no TRY.So a LADY asking a guy for anything now is a GREEN LIGHT ABI?. Your stupidity stinks to the High Heavens

I will excuse your illmannered response and blame it on either your parents who lacked the desterity to instill discipline in you or your recalcitrant and hopeless nature.

When i use the word can anyone with a sound IQ will know it is relative and subjective to the situation at that point in ttme.

If you quote me again with abusive words...

1 Like

Re: About Women Making The First Move. by wristbangle: 6:36pm On Jan 02, 2016
silent10:

No mind her, i don toast lik 4 grls nw no one don say yesyes cry sad

Bros, no toast them 4 now. Make money, Behind your looks, be friendly and have good sense of humour. Dem go call u tire cheesy
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by uncjay(m): 6:37pm On Jan 02, 2016
Diddyydiva:
Why should I approach a guy?

Am I mad? undecided

ERM.......

lemme practice ............

Me: hi Ray
Ray: hi dear friend
Me: ( silence). Ray am I still a friend to u?
Ray: Yes you are hun . my very good friend.
Me: hmmmmmmmmm but I ...... I.........
Ray: what's it diddy ?
Me: I want more of you
Ray: ( speechless). Bae na sinach sing am grin
Me: ( force a hard laugh) You. caught me there grin grin grin

Mtcheeeeeewwww

I can't do it. angry

There are other ways to go after what you want without being direct.

undecided

it works for some people tho but the chances are slim .

undecided

Bae, u need to go start stand up comedy or something related...Lolz.......dat sinach part just dey make belle pain me.
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jan 02, 2016
Laveda:
LOL..yeah..

When it happened to me It felt like rapture......like I was paying for the sins of my ancestors...
A dinner party that turned out to be a horrible memory. ..the babe was staring at me so I was thinking greenlight don show only for me to muster some half baked courage and walk over to seat beside her. Before I could say anything she put on her earpiece and looked away......

.I was already damaged at this point!!..

Then she completed the job by turning to me and saying "please someone is sitting here, when you're done please stand up...I don't want any trouble

I just stood and walked humbly like a beggar to my sit......I felt like plucking out the eyes of everyone that was looking at me in that hall..

Till today I don't believe In greenlight .....I don't even believe in traffic light or police warden......Am I mad!!!!

Its probably a good thing you have experienced it .......you'll be an expert at turning down a guy ithout embarrassing him since you know how it feels

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: About Women Making The First Move. by kinglekan: 6:38pm On Jan 02, 2016
francizy:

angry angry angry angry angry

Na boobi go kee u. angry angry angry

Re: About Women Making The First Move. by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jan 02, 2016
simplisity:
This is not a matter of calling u an old fashioned. It is very unnatural and uncultural for a woman to woo a man.

Ohhh. But some ppl have chosen to tag women who don't do that myopic and old-fashioned.
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by Oahray: 6:38pm On Jan 02, 2016
Oliviaarims:

There wasn't anything wrong with the girl. She wasn't seductively dressed as sb suggested and she wasn't saying anything disrespectful or offensive. But instead of him to acknowledge that it must have been really difficult for her to garner courage to walk up to him, and perhaps help her out, he had a really mischievous smile on his face and was asking her irrelevant questions. She asked if he needed her number after a torturous 20 mins, and he said no defiantly. He asked the girl to collect his number instead and call him the next day. That she shouldn't call that very day.

He must have gone home telling whoever cared to listen about the while incident in a derisive manner.
he tried na. At least he didn't tell her "talk a walk, you are not in my class... durrh!"

I think ladies usually forget that there are millions (okay billions) of other ladies roaming the earth, some more attractive than they are. No one is irresistible simply because she's female.

3 Likes

Re: About Women Making The First Move. by tosyne2much(m): 6:38pm On Jan 02, 2016
kinglekan:

Why u dey disturb am? undecided
I say make I hail her ni cheesy
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by Odunharry(m): 6:39pm On Jan 02, 2016
Kachisbarbie:
Some ladies expect guys to know when they are in the mood to be wooed, if they are his level or not... like he is psychic _ yet they can't do same.
Guys get turned down everyday, and they are not dead.

You don't go about approaching every random guy, those signs you expect a young man to watch out for, you should be smart enough to watch out for same signs.

Observing a guy closely (especially when you guys have established a reasonable degree of familiarity), you would notice if he is into you but has issues expressing himself probably for fear of being turned down too. That's the time to strike... grin

You deserve a medal..... You are wise for this statement

2 Likes

Re: About Women Making The First Move. by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jan 02, 2016
Emmagenius:
What of People like me who are Shy to Approach a Lady.For a lady to Touch me,i will have an Organsm.I can't even Decipher between Green light and Red light. Please,the ladies should Advice me oooh.The Ladies Love me and i also Do but i can't approach them to por out my Emotions.If i see a Very pretty lady,she seems to Like me but i don't know how to make the first Move

Lol . Just continue having multiple orgasms. cheesy
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jan 02, 2016
naijaboiy:

Lol...I'm not in agreement with her statement and so I'm countering it.

Ain't seen nothing wrong with that. cheesy

It sounded a bit too personal..
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jan 02, 2016
naijaboiy:

Please when are you going to return fully to romance section?

Some of these girls here need schooling. I miss seeing the posts of you and mizmycoli. embarassed

lols @ fully return.
It's not really 'bout schooling, they have their fears as humans, which we should understand and respect.

That doesn't change the fact that a relationship would blossom/fail if it decides to, irrespective of how it took off. Some girls play hard to get, the guy gets them and it packs up, while it makes some more cherished.

On a good day, we would all meet someone that would make us defy our laid down principles.

2 Likes

Re: About Women Making The First Move. by kinglekan: 6:43pm On Jan 02, 2016
oseod:

When it happened to me It felt like rapture......like I was paying for the sins of my ancestors...
A dinner party that turned out to be a horrible memory. ..the babe was staring at me so I was thinking greenlight don show only for me to muster some half baked courage and walk over to seat beside her. Before I could say anything she put on her earpiece and looked away......

Then she completed the job by turning to me and saying "please someone is sitting here, when you're done please stand up...I don't want any trouble

I just stood and walked humbly like a beggar to my sit......I felt like plucking out the eyes of everyone that was looking at me in that hall..

Till today I don't believe In greenlight .....I don't even believe in traffic light or police warden......Am I mad!!!!

Its probably a good thing you have experienced it .......you'll be an expert at turning down a guy ithout embarrassing him since you know how it feels

OMG!!! cheesy grin cheesy

Re: About Women Making The First Move. by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jan 02, 2016
iyerenath:
u r a very big fool of d highest order for saying dat....pls just tell us d difference between pride n arrogance or get lost if u don't wanna...what an olosho!!!

All these social mis-fits. I can't afford to quote u anymore. I'd be belittling myself. Try to check ur sanity, though.
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by Laveda(f): 6:44pm On Jan 02, 2016
oseod:

A dinner party that turned out to be a horrible memory. ..the babe was staring at me ao I was thinking greenlight don show only for me to muster some half baked courage and walk over to seat beside her. Before I could say anything she put on her earpiece and looked away......

Till today I don't believe I greenlight .....I don't even believe in traffic light or police warden......Am I mad!!!!

Its probably a good thing you have experienced it .......you'll be an expert at turning down a guy ithout embarrassing him since you know how it feela
Naijaboiy..read this grin grin

You know what? That girl Isheartless embarassed That's the worst way of turning a Nigga down..it can be done politely .... grin before u embark on such journey again..I need to look very well
.and it won't be a random Nigga...I need to study him very well and know his kinda person..this should be applicable to you too...

1 Like

Re: About Women Making The First Move. by kinglekan: 6:44pm On Jan 02, 2016
tosyne2much:
I say make I hail her ni cheesy

Oya e do, Ewa ma lo Sir angry

Re: About Women Making The First Move. by Odunharry(m): 6:45pm On Jan 02, 2016
Kachisbarbie:

I read your post perfectly and I maintain, some guys are not vocal enough to even act after seeing the greenlight, if one happens to be with such guys_ why not help a young man'.

A guy shouldn't be that shy? Lols, I guess guys are immortals, they don't have fears. cheesy
perfect answer
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jan 02, 2016
naijaboiy:

Is this one okay?

Oliviaarims it's best you ignore. cheesy

Lol. Already advised him on what to do in order to fix himself. Done with him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Bien-Aime Baraza Rejects Kiss From Ellah Namtumbwe (Photos) / She Charmed Her Boyfriend Through Food / How A Man Proposed To His Girlfriend (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.