Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,054 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With - Romance (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With (68357 Views)

Valentine: 10 Categories Of Guys You Will See And How They Will Behave / Lady Visits A Guy At His Hostel, Crowd Of Guys Wait Outside To HAIL HIM (pics) / Real Reason Women Play Hard To Get Or Seem Not Interested (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by ehissi(m): 11:32am On Jan 23, 2016
sonofananimal:
love always goes in two ways,

if she love you and you love her! a day or even less than 2month will be more than enough.

in your own case, she just put you in her backup plan and you fall right through it.

ex virgin I guess

Backup plans............Haaaaaaaaa!!

Well that's your opinion, but I don't believe you are wrong.........I know you are wrong. Till today, there are folks who still try to woo her even as she is right now.

If she were someone who is fickle, or materialistic, I for nor even see her sef greet not to talk of date, not to even mention capture.

For those who try to woo her, who seem matured and understanding, all she has to do is sit them down and let them know that they came late; and that she's committed to someone else and that's all.........some of them sef end up becoming very good friends of us both when they hear our story. I'm talking about the matured ones among them Ooh, of which I still handle those kinda folks with great care.

As far as love goes well: a Man I respect told me something interesting.

Don't ever believe or say that you love someone or you are attracted to someone and that's why you are married to them or want to get married to them. You are very wrong, because in this world, there are over 6 billion wonderful created by God that you are yet to experience. You will marry and still find out that you love or attracted to someone else for one reason or the other - be it physique, special quality or attribute etc.

This he believes, is why the Bible never teaches us to choose to marry who we love, but rather to love who we choose to marry.

This is why its wise to first consider the character of the person and the goals,plans and ambitions he/she has and you have for your own life; if the lady or guy's life or where the fellow is going with his/her life is desirable and there is love and an attraction to the fellow, then give the fellow a chance. And start observing the fellow and build a foundation of trust!

Some ladies just get close to a guy they feel can take care of them, after all he is working and after the wedding he insists you must drop ya degree and do housewife against your own God given dreams/goals. Quarrel in the home starts, meanwhile he is attracted to one lady with very big yansh - bigger that the one that attracted him to his wife - in his office whey dey cut eye for am; before you know it, he will say he loves that one better than his wife, after all his wife sef dey give am headache for house. Before you know the marriage start loosing it grips on them both, madam is systematically neglected, divorce/separation is just around the corner, simply because you guys no take time build trust and establish what your goals in life are and see if each other plans/character fits!!

This is exactly how purpose driven relationships and marriages are born.

For me Marriage isn't a relationship, its something that's supposed to reaffirm the relationship; and if the relationship isn't strong enough or both parties aren't totally committed to the relationship before the marriage. Then your wedding/marriage is just a waste of logistics. This is one reason I and the person I am with individually never believed in double dating or "sampling"!!

Focus on a fellow and totally observe the human being. No-one is perfect, no matter how trickish or smart the fellow is, time will reveal his/her true colour!! But when you have like 2 or 3 persons that you put on a list that you are trying to observe at the same time; you may just make errors!! Dating and observing one person is almost like a full-time Job, you na 3 U wan observe, say wetin happen!!?? U na INEC staff or are U an election observer!! grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by Nobody: 11:34am On Jan 23, 2016
Awesome Post!
Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by Toks2008(m): 11:42am On Jan 23, 2016
tr3y:

You ask a lady to be your friend? That is a one way ticket to the dreaded friendzone and trust me, the plane go crash for island u no go fit leave friendzone.

I prefer to be friendzoned so that i can get to know her even better.
Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by whizcartel(m): 11:45am On Jan 23, 2016
CaroLyner:
Umm.okay
I don't mean any disrespect. I was just airing my thoughts.
Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by Shawl001(m): 11:47am On Jan 23, 2016
@OP, u really hit the nail on its head. It was as if, you were describing me. Most times I want to woo a lady, I will think about it for months or probably weeks and must be convinced that's what I want...and if I finally open up to you and you start playing hard to get; it turns me off instantly. And the whole feelings just crash. Ladies should always respect the great deal of boldness and confidence it takes some guys to open up there feelings to them. #hard to get is shit#
Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by AyamConfidence(m): 11:47am On Jan 23, 2016
CaroLyner:
you got it smiley
good girl ;-)
Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by HungerBAD: 11:48am On Jan 23, 2016
adekhingz:
I agree with op.
To una ladies,Whether you play hard or easy to get, person wey love you go love, person wey go chop and go,go still chop and go too. Shikena#

Interesting .

1 Like

Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by CaroLyner(f): 11:56am On Jan 23, 2016
whizcartel:
I don't mean any disrespect. I was just airing my thoughts.
no offence taken
Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by Fourwinds: 11:58am On Jan 23, 2016
God bless d OP...

he saw d depth of my heart...

dst number 1; 2 and 4 makes me throw away such ladies...

d wealth I'm thinking of creating ., it is d same wealth dat keep ladies and they will now want me to abandon it in d name of chasing...

una go. see useless guys wey go get time chase una well well., fuccck una finish and dump ur sorry as..s

1 Like

Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by denssing: 12:04pm On Jan 23, 2016
tosyne2much:
I will surely register my presence on a thread like this. Rapmoney, nice write-up and thanks for the mention

Ladies who play hard-to-get are usually dumb skull, flirt, gold-diggers, delusional, indecisive, re.tard, arrogant, pompous, proud and full of over-bloated ego. These people don't know what they want in life. However, their decisions are usually based on the appraisal and interest of their so called friends which land many of them into late or failed marriage. Yoruba adage says "only a foolish person smells what he knows he will not eat

Lemme quickly add mine cool

*clears throat*

5. Guys with high self esteem

Guys who hold themselves in high self esteem don't go about gracing the floor just to have a lady playing one yeye hard to get. As for me, I have no atom of regard for ladies who act as if every potential suitor should be treated and screened like Multina Dance Hall Audition. I will smh 4 such a lady for being indecisive, I will therefore lose my respect for her and my chase for her will dwindle afterwards

6. Handsome Dudes

I have noticed that only below average looking guys (I don't want to use the word ugly) that usually force themselves on ladies. Since they don't look good and attractive, they withstand any poo and are always acting like a puppet even if a lady treats them like Dangote bag of cement. But when a dude is very handsome, swagful, sophisticated, wears good clothings and perfume, his market value will increase, so your hard-to-get will only haunt you

7. Nairaland Moderators

If you play hard-to-get to people like Lalasticlala, Mynd44 and Obinoscopy, I'm sorry your dad will end up placing you on OLX. This is because they've got so many nairaland babes at the tip of the fingers, so dem no get time cheesy

Guys let's do a survey cool

Click Like if you detest ladies who waste your time by playing hard-to-get, otherwise, click Share cool
I hope those girls planning to play had to get b4 saying yes to their would be husbands should take note of dis landslide victory of likes over share 330likes vs 10shares.
Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by Fourwinds: 12:07pm On Jan 23, 2016
tosyne2much:
I will surely register my presence on a thread like this. Rapmoney, nice write-up and thanks for the mention

Ladies who play hard-to-get are usually dumb skull, flirt, gold-diggers, delusional, indecisive, re.tard, arrogant, pompous, proud and full of over-bloated ego. These people don't know what they want in life. However, their decisions are usually based on the appraisal and interest of their so called friends which land many of them into late or failed marriage. Yoruba adage says "only a foolish person smells what he knows he will not eat

Lemme quickly add mine cool

*clears throat*

5. Guys with high self esteem

Guys who hold themselves in high self esteem don't go about gracing the floor just to have a lady playing one yeye hard to get. As for me, I have no atom of regard for ladies who act as if every potential suitor should be treated and screened like Multina Dance Hall Audition. I will smh 4 such a lady for being indecisive, I will therefore lose my respect for her and my chase for her will dwindle afterwards

6. Handsome Dudes

I have noticed that only below average looking guys (I don't want to use the word ugly) that usually force themselves on ladies. Since they don't look good and attractive, they withstand any poo and are always acting like a puppet even if a lady treats them like Dangote bag of cement. But when a dude is very handsome, swagful, sophisticated, wears good clothings and perfume, his market value will increase, so your hard-to-get will only haunt you

7. Nairaland Moderators

If you play hard-to-get to people like Lalasticlala, Mynd44 and Obinoscopy, I'm sorry your dad will end up placing you on OLX. This is because they've got so many nairaland babes at the tip of the fingers, so dem no get time cheesy

Guys let's do a survey cool

Click Like if you detest ladies who waste your time by playing hard-to-get, otherwise, click Share cool
kai.!!! d way God give u wisdom eeehmm.. I'm force to say u are a decendant of King Solomon...

u preach it rite
Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by denssing: 12:10pm On Jan 23, 2016
hard to get ladies take note of tosyne2much election result cryhard to get ladies take note of tosyne2much election result
Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by tr3y(m): 12:10pm On Jan 23, 2016
Toks2008:

I prefer to be friendzoned so that i can get to know her even better.
Until you try to leave friend zone then she starts calling you Bros and she introduce you to her sharp boyfriend.

Eleyi gidi gan grin

1 Like

Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by Fourwinds: 12:17pm On Jan 23, 2016
Oliviaarims:

Inasmuch as I don't believe in unnecessary fronting and playing hard to get just for the sake of it, I must say that it's necessary to take things slowly sometimes.

It's not in all cases that women deliberately play hard to get just for the sheer fun of it.. Sometimes, they simply need time to assess their feelings and the guy with whom they are getting into a relationship with, weigh the prospects of the relationship, whether or not it's worth a try and all of that...
I agree with u... yet without formalizing d friendship some ladies will go ahead to request for recharge cards, clothes., phones etc..

I encounter a girl who demanded for ring after fews months into dating without allowing me to see her people... I was amaze dat such people exist...

for me if. I no date. u reach. ur. people, we never serious for dating be dat

1 Like

Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by Fourwinds: 12:25pm On Jan 23, 2016
Harbigail:
Truth is,i hate to waste my time or anyone else's coz i realy get irritated when some guy keeps stalking me all the time.when i meet a guy am attracted to, i let u knw if we can get d ball rolling or not.it makes no different to me if i said yes today and another says hers in 3yrs.We both said yes in d end.
dats where u are getting it wrong...yes of today is different from yes of three yes ok

u no hear say time na money....

if u are not interested just say it within a week., a month or maximum two months.....
Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by professore(m): 12:30pm On Jan 23, 2016
Chop knuckle
Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by Fourwinds: 12:36pm On Jan 23, 2016
tosyne2much:
If I have interest in you and I woo you, just consider me gone the moment I notice you are playing chess or ludo with my life cheesy
na weti dey make dem marry late and finally d wrong person....

.u may have read a thread here where woman said she is ashame of her husband y...
all her younger ones are married with all her friends....so pressure was o. her to get married and d dude dat eventually came is ugly by her description but has to. marry him...

one year later though d guy treat her well but she ashame to move with him in public
Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by Fourwinds: 12:40pm On Jan 23, 2016
ehissi:
Hmmmmmm..............

On behalf of all hard to get ladies and all responsible men who are enjoying their relationships and marriages with their hard won "Eminados"; I disagree!!

Whether men be intelligent, high or low self esteem, direction or directionless, being hard to get isn't a factor.

On the contrary, the only reason any man will consider a woman/lady "hard to get" is if he hasn't taken out time to observe a lady to establish her worth or he is attracted to her simply because of the "goods or luggage" she is carrying or he didn't get her eventually.

Once the true value of a ladies companionship is assessed and established; it doesn't even occur to you that she is actually playing hard to get; that is until you get her anyway!!

It cost me 8 full years to capture my personal, customised, one in a million "asamkpokoto", my original eminado - not all those pirated software everywhere - and for 6 of those years I never got a yes or no answer not even an "I will think about it" answer!!

That didn't stop my vision and dreams, on the contrary it shapened it, because they are lot of things a typical man in life may take for granted, until a remarkable lady with a focus and vision for her own life too and the dexterity to pursue it appears on the scene; na there parade go change Oooh!!

If a man, claims to be intelligent, busy, an introvert, has high self esteem, focus and other such mumbo-jumbo, hocus-pocus, slippity-slam; when he sees a woman/lady that has value and high net-worth in the field of matrimony and a life-long partnership and companionship, his calendar, schedule, ward-robe, spending habits, feeding habits, life-style, even the way he dey waka will change to accommodate a jewel of inestimable value!!

In any case, in my own particular example/experience, the issue wasn't whether she was hard or soft or easy to get. I was more concerned with finding out if there is something I was missing; getting to understand this type of person fully, so I know if I am looking down the wrong lane.

Of course there were times when it looked like I was just wasting my time; especially considering that most guys around me use the same period I use to get her to walk in and out of at least 10 different babes/relationship and chop, clean mouth waka!! But where/what are those relationships now; compared to what I have??

So I disagree with the article entirely; what I don't advise is playing hard to get just for the fun of it!! Like a rite of passage he must go through just because you say so; if you are keeping him on a waiting list so that you can observe if the person in question is sincere and is someone whom you can cope with for the rest of ya life; I think there's nothing wrong with playing "Hard-to-get" or whatever name it is called these days!!

#MyOwn10Kobo
dats is u....for me those years spent in waiting for yes will. produce a child of six years old....time na money

1 Like

Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by mikehorneyy(m): 12:52pm On Jan 23, 2016
Met this babe afta much poking never askd me anything I started giving her thing de day I told her I didn't hve she stopped talkin to me not even picking my calls even messgs not replying
Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by tosyne2much(m): 12:58pm On Jan 23, 2016
denssing:
hard to get ladies take note of tosyne.2much election result cryhard to get ladies take note of tosyne.2much election result
How my election result go be? cheesy
Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by tosyne2much(m): 12:58pm On Jan 23, 2016
Fourwinds:
kai.!!! d way God give u wisdom eeehmm.. I'm force to say u are a decendant of King Solomon...

u preach it rite
Thanks jawe baba cheesy
Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by unphilaz(m): 1:03pm On Jan 23, 2016
Rapmoney:
There is always this misconception among our young Nigerian ladies of today that playing 'hard to get' is the sure way of identifying a guy who truly desires and cherishes them. This notion is not only fallacious, it also stands on a sinking foundation! There are guys who would play along with you to the end just to 'get down with you' and eventually show you the EXIT SIGN when it is time for them to take a leave cool It doesn't matter the method you use in playing the so-called 'hard to get'. If you like, do it in a Chinese style or Zimbabwean style!!! Dat nor be dia concern!!! wink

On a serious note, that a guy doesn't have time to start running after you like a kindergaten child doesn't mean he never desired you or liked you in sincerity. Different strokes for different folks, they say wink Below are the types of guys that find it difficult to tolerate 'hard to get' in romantic affairs:

1) Intelligent guys: These set of guys find it difficult to tolerate all the unnecessary rigmarole that comes with a lady playing hard-to-get. Do you think an intelligent person doesn't know he is? You cannot be the one to tell him; he knows it. He probably has some real brain-storming stuffs to do that can create wealth and help others as well other than chasing you up and down the road or calling your line several times without any response on daily basis!

2) Ambitious guys: When I say 'ambitious', I'm not talking of guys who wake up in the morning with huge wraps of indian hemp in their hands with loud talk of 'I go hammer, I go hammer'!!! I mean guys who have concrete dreams and are working towards it. They probably won't have time to chase you here and there when they know they have lot and lot of work to do. There's a difference between chasing women and dating a girl; you probably don't expect the latter to slow down his dreams! He might need you sincerely; he doesn't want to chase women wink

3) Guys that are emotionally strong: It takes an emotionally strong bloke to turn down the unreasonable request of a woman in a reasonable way. This means that guys who are emotionally strong have a greater possibility of saying 'NO' to the ritualistic torture or torment that goes with playing hard-to-get. They might easily back up. That doesn't mean they lacked sincere desires or are feeble-minded; it could mean that they are just too emotionally upgraded to start playing the role of a primary school boy in a movie directed by the lady!

4) Introverted guys: These people think very deeply because they spend much time alone. When a lady plays hard to get, it irritates them often times and they quickly dump her matter!!! Now, what's the stress? Since he is a deep thinker and probably a melancholic, he might paint a beautiful picture of love for you in his heart and when you mess up with your hard-to-get stunts, he quickly gives up because you not only burst his bubbles; you spoil the beautiful picture he employs his creativity painting.

Good evening!
Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by tosyne2much(m): 1:09pm On Jan 23, 2016
Folystory2:

Lolz cheesy
That got me cracked up! grin cheesy
No mind me jawe cheesy
Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by tommychow(m): 1:17pm On Jan 23, 2016
Epic thread. Funny enough, I fall into all four categories...And then a shallow babe will see me as arrogant. SAD!
Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by ichommy(m): 1:25pm On Jan 23, 2016
tr3y:

Ogbeni oya pass me the kpoli betslip.
If Something show I will to ya FB. wink
Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by sage2(m): 1:39pm On Jan 23, 2016
Oliviaarims:

Inasmuch as I don't believe in unnecessary fronting and playing hard to get just for the sake of it, I must say that it's necessary to take things slowly sometimes.

It's not in all cases that women deliberately play hard to get just for the sheer fun of it.. Sometimes, they simply need time to assess their feelings and the guy with whom they are getting into a relationship with, weigh the prospects of the relationship, whether or not it's worth a try and all of that...

You have a point. But, you see, Nigerians have ruined a lot of goodwill already.

1 Like

Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by sage2(m): 1:45pm On Jan 23, 2016
Harbigail:
Truth is,i hate to waste my time or anyone else's coz i realy get irritated when some guy keeps stalking me all the time.when i meet a guy am attracted to, i let u knw if we can get d ball rolling or not.it makes no different to me if i said yes today and another says hers in 3yrs.We both said yes in d end.

You are not a Nigerian lady, right?
Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jan 23, 2016
Abegi. Any lady forming hard to get has strategy and dat strategy is a way of taking advantage of ur [b]mumu[/b]ness cheesy thereby play with ur emotions and makes u saddled with the responsibility of taking care of her problems all because u want to please them....

Dis is 2016. Mi o raye shit mehn......

2 Likes

Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by cybernaut(m): 2:35pm On Jan 23, 2016
dis guy dat post dis thread is a guru.why?i only welcum a lady who does not stress me much because she undastand life easier and faster.dis type of gals give hope 2 new families.hard 2 get gals bring problems and if u are nt careful ur life is finish.hard 2 get ladies are always runs gals.infact 80% of dem are prostitute.
Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by YuckFou: 3:06pm On Jan 23, 2016
Rapmoney:
Seun, lalasticlala, rocktation, tosyne2much, ronald4lif, wristbangle, ichommy, cutehector, toks2008...cheesy

What is this list?
Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by YuckFou: 3:08pm On Jan 23, 2016
cybernaut:
dis guy dat post dis thread is a guru.why?i only welcum a lady who does not stress me much because she undastand life easier and faster.dis type of gals give hope 2 new families.hard 2 get gals bring problems and if u are nt careful ur life is finish.hard 2 get ladies are always runs gals.infact 80% of dem are prostitute.

Not true at all. Mumu, anything that comes too easily ials not as appreciated. That's just human nature.
Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by vikkeee(m): 3:08pm On Jan 23, 2016
I love this thread

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Guys, Beware Of These 5 Types Of Ladies And Never Sleep With Them - Jtownconnect / Pretty Lady Willingly Gives Her Body To Handsome Guy, Offers To Be His Side Chic / I’m Pregnant For My Cousin Again, After 2 Abortions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.