Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,804 members, 7,810,098 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:40 PM

Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With (68327 Views)

Valentine: 10 Categories Of Guys You Will See And How They Will Behave / Lady Visits A Guy At His Hostel, Crowd Of Guys Wait Outside To HAIL HIM (pics) / Real Reason Women Play Hard To Get Or Seem Not Interested (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by Dongreat(m): 9:47pm On Jan 22, 2016
Team 1, and 2 woohoo. Too busy expanding d family business dat the only unclothedness hv seen since 3yrs ago is that of a mannequin, lol cheesy. I feel so alive everyday cos women is anoda full time job and it's a multitask I have no strength for grin

5 Likes

Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by wristbangle: 9:48pm On Jan 22, 2016
ronald4lif:

The hard to get concept is an antediluvian praxis that has no place in 21st century. It's only people with primeval mindset and those who have a false sense of ego that still revels in it. In this age where women initiates romance and open up to a guy they want who still plays hard to get.

A lady who likes you likes you and playing hard changes nothing about one's self-worth. Don't mind these toddlers saying they are playing hard to get, they are just juveniles who assumes a false sense of self importance and hasn't meet a guy who crosses all the right boxes.

Excellent research doctor ronald4lif.

This hard to get mechanism is what some ladies actually use to beef their deflated esteem, feeling as if their market value is 2nd to none. There is no point proving this attitude when she knows the guy possess what she is looking for.

Most time ladies always say "ooo if I don't do it, he will consider me as their cheap hoe". Like I told a female friend of mine today, a guy will not respect u becos of your proving to hard attitude.

Honestly this attitude is becoming stale and blatantly silly. The sharp ladies nutmeg husband material dudes but the shakara ones end up as side chic to a player sad

@ oliviaarims, nice comment from you.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jan 22, 2016
Rapmoney:
There is always this misconception among our young Nigerian ladies of today that playing 'hard to get' is the sure way of identifying a guy who truly desires and cherishes them. This notion is not only fallacious, it also stands on a sinking foundation! There are guys who would play along with you to the end just to 'get down with you' and eventually show you the EXIT SIGN when it is time for them to take a leave cool It doesn't matter the method you use in playing the so-called 'hard to get'. If you like, do it in a Chinese style or Zimbabwean style!!! Dat nor be dia concern!!! wink

On a serious note, that a guy doesn't have time to start running after you like a kindergaten child doesn't mean he never desired you or liked you in sincerity. Different strokes for different folks, they say wink Below are the types of guys that find it difficult to tolerate 'hard to get' in romantic affairs:

1) Intelligent guys: These set of guys find it difficult to tolerate all the unnecessary rigmarole that comes with a lady playing hard-to-get. Do you think an intelligent person doesn't know he is? You cannot be the one to tell him; he knows it. He probably has some real brain-storming stuffs to do that can create wealth and help others as well other than chasing you up and down the road or calling your line several times without any response on daily basis!

2) Ambitious guys: When I say 'ambitious', I'm not talking of guys who wake up in the morning with huge wraps of indian hemp in their hands with loud talk of 'I go hammer, I go hammer'!!! I mean guys who have concrete dreams and are working towards it. They probably won't have time to chase you here and there when they know they have lot and lot of work to do. There's a difference between chasing women and dating a girl; you probably don't expect the latter to slow down his dreams! He might need you sincerely; he doesn't want to chase women wink

3) Guys that are emotionally strong: It takes an emotionally strong bloke to turn down the unreasonable request of a woman in a reasonable way. This means that guys who are emotionally strong have a greater possibility of saying 'NO' to the ritualistic torture or torment that goes with playing hard-to-get. They might easily back up. That doesn't mean they lacked sincere desires or are feeble-minded; it could mean that they are just too emotionally upgraded to start playing the role of a primary school boy in a movie directed by the lady!

4) Introverted guys: These people think very deeply because they spend much time alone. When a lady plays hard to get, it irritates them often times and they quickly dump her matter!!! Now, what's the stress? Since he is a deep thinker and probably a melancholic, he might paint a beautiful picture of love for you in his heart and when you mess up with your hard-to-get stunts, he quickly gives up because you not only burst his bubbles; you spoil the beautiful picture he employs his creativity painting.

Good evening!
i just hate it, i will like a girl, grab the courage walk up to her she will say no, i swear i will not talk to her again, even if i do, the passion won't be there again

2 Likes

Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by adekhingz(m): 9:53pm On Jan 22, 2016
Rapmoney:
Allow Ice Prince to sort out the issue between him and his 'people' grin
lols,,,

2 Likes

Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by tosyne2much(m): 9:57pm On Jan 22, 2016
wristbangle:

This hard to get mechanism is what some ladies actually use to beef their deflated esteem, feeling as if their market value is 2nd to none. There is no point proving this attitude when she knows the guy possess what she is looking for.

Most time ladies always say "ooo if I don't do it, he will consider me as their cheap hoe". Like I told a female friend of mine today, a guy will not respect u becos of your proving to hard attitude.

Honestly this attitude is becoming stale and blatantly silly. The sharp ladies nutmeg husband material dudes but the shakara ones end up as side chic to a player sad

Nice one Dr. Wristbangle

As for me, I don't think hard-to-get can be used to measure the colour of my love. Once I woo a lady and she gives an outright negative response, I drift away at once

This is not because I don't love her or I'm impatient or something, it's because I don't know how to force people into liking me

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by Rapmoney(m): 9:58pm On Jan 22, 2016
wristbangle:

Under which category nai me, tosyne2much, ronald4lif, lalasticlala and seun fall under? cheesy cheesy
Una dey one of the categories! grin
Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by ronald4lif(m): 10:00pm On Jan 22, 2016
wristbangle:

Bros, no lady with a sense of aplomb, and sterling values plays hard to get. If she likes him she likes him and if she doesn't she says so and move on. Only unsophisticated women with bairnlike attitude does plays hard to get.

And that's only when the guy wooing them doesn't tick the right boxes, if he does they succumb and embrace his advances.

2 Likes

Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jan 22, 2016
ronald4lif:

The hard to get concept is an antediluvian praxis that has no place in 21st century. It's only people with primeval mindset and those who have a false sense of ego that still revels in it. In this age where women initiates romance and open up to a guy they want who still plays hard to get.

A lady who likes you likes you and playing hard changes nothing about one's self-worth. Don't mind these toddlers saying they are playing hard to get, they are just juveniles who assumes a false sense of self importance and hasn't meet a guy who crosses all the right boxes.
The normal obligation of Nigerian ladies. An erroneously backward orientation lacking value. Wait, is there any difference between ladies who play hard to get and those who depend on their boyfriends for everything? When the moral girl who has been playing hard to get finally settles for begging, conveniently for cash & material things, then her 'hard-to-get' facade would sure be blown up & uncovered as a lame attempt at trying to protect her non-existent dignity so she wouldn't look cheap at first. Delusion of its highest order.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by Cutehector(m): 10:04pm On Jan 22, 2016
tosyne2much:
Nice one Dr. Wristbangle

As for me, I don't think hard-to-get can be used to measure the colour of my love. Once I woo a lady and she gives an outright negative response, I drift away at once

This is not because I don't love her or I'm impatient or something, it's because I don't know how to force people into liking me
me too cool.. it's just left for d lady to make a choice weda to like the guy or not..

Lately, I told myself am Nad gona toast any babe until i"m very very ready.

1 Like

Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by ronald4lif(m): 10:07pm On Jan 22, 2016
Drefan:

The normal obligation of Nigerian ladies. An erroneously backward orientation lacking value. Wait, is there any difference between ladies who play hard to get and those who depend on their boyfriends for everything? When the moral girl who has been playing hard to get finally settles for begging, conveniently for cash & material things, then her 'hard-to-get' facade would sure be blown up & uncovered as a lame attempt at trying to protect her non-existent dignity so she wouldn't look cheap at first. Delusion of its highest order.

I wish I can upvote this comment a hundred times. This is the finest explanation as to why the ones who plays to get does so. They normally have nothing to offer in a relationship and are leeches who depends on a man's finance hence the need to portray a non-existing self-worth so the guy doesn't becomes detached and timorous towards their demands. No one could have said it better than you did. Respect!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jan 22, 2016
ronald4lif:

I wish I can upvote this comment a hundred times. This is the finest explanation as to why the ones who plays to get does so. They normally have nothing to offer in a relationship and are leeches who depends on a man's finance hence the need to portray a non-existing self-worth so the guy doesn't becomes detached and timorous towards their demands. No one could have said it better than you did. Respect!
Exactly.

2 Likes

Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by tosyne2much(m): 10:16pm On Jan 22, 2016
Drefan:

Gold and silver, I do not have

Bro may God bless you abundantly for this comment cool
Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jan 22, 2016
tosyne2much:
Read your comment again and ask yourself if it actually makes sense to you cheesy
i did, it makes sense to me. tongue
Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jan 22, 2016
tosyne2much:
Gold and silver, I do not have

Bro may God bless you abundantly for this comment cool
LOL. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by tosyne2much(m): 10:25pm On Jan 22, 2016
MissGdope:

i did, it makes sense to me. tongue
If I have interest in you and I woo you, just consider me gone the moment I notice you are playing chess or ludo with my life cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by Toks2008(m): 10:29pm On Jan 22, 2016
tosyne2much:
I will surely register my presence on a thread like this. Rapmoney, nice write-up and thanks for the mention

Ladies who play hard-to-get are usually dumb skull, flirt, gold-diggers, delusional, indecisive, re.tard, arrogant, pompous, proud and full of over-bloated ego. These people don't know what they want in life. However, their decisions are usually based on the appraisal and interest of their so called friends which land many of them into late or failed marriage. Yoruba adage says "only a foolish person smells what he knows he will not eat

Lemme quickly add mine cool

*clears throat*

5. Guys with high self esteem

Guys who hold themselves in high self esteem don't go about gracing the floor just to have a lady playing one yeye hard to get. As for me, I have no atom of regard for ladies who act as if every potential suitor should be treated and screened like Multina Dance Hall Audition. I will smh 4 such a lady for being indecisive, I will therefore lose my respect for her and my chase for her will dwindle afterwards

6. Handsome Dudes

I have noticed that only below average looking guys (I don't want to use the word ugly) that usually force themselves on ladies. Since they don't look good and attractive, they withstand any poo and are always acting like a puppet even if a lady treats them like Dangote bag of cement. But when a dude is very handsome, swagful, sophisticated, wears good clothings and perfume, his market value will increase, so your hard-to-get will only haunt you

7. Nairaland Moderators

If you play hard-to-get to people like Lalasticlala, Mynd44 and Obinoscopy, I'm sorry your dad will end up placing you on OLX. This is because they've got so many nairaland babes at the tip of the fingers, so dem no get time cheesy

*I'm entitled to my own opinion so nobody should quote me* cool

Another description of me but im not a moderator neither do i see myself as handsome but not ugly tho.

2 Likes

Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by ehissi(m): 10:36pm On Jan 22, 2016
Hmmmmmm..............

On behalf of all hard to get ladies and all responsible men who are enjoying their relationships and marriages with their hard won "Eminados"; I disagree!!

Whether men be intelligent, high or low self esteem, direction or directionless, being hard to get isn't a factor.

On the contrary, the only reason any man will consider a woman/lady "hard to get" is if he hasn't taken out time to observe a lady to establish her worth or he is attracted to her simply because of the "goods or luggage" she is carrying or he didn't get her eventually.

Once the true value of a ladies companionship is assessed and established; it doesn't even occur to you that she is actually playing hard to get; that is until you get her anyway!!

It cost me 8 full years to capture my personal, customised, one in a million "asamkpokoto", my original eminado - not all those pirated software everywhere - and for 6 of those years I never got a yes or no answer not even an "I will think about it" answer!!

That didn't stop my vision and dreams, on the contrary it shapened it, because they are lot of things a typical man in life may take for granted, until a remarkable lady with a focus and vision for her own life too and the dexterity to pursue it appears on the scene; na there parade go change Oooh!!

If a man, claims to be intelligent, busy, an introvert, has high self esteem, focus and other such mumbo-jumbo, hocus-pocus, slippity-slam; when he sees a woman/lady that has value and high net-worth in the field of matrimony and a life-long partnership and companionship, his calendar, schedule, ward-robe, spending habits, feeding habits, life-style, even the way he dey waka will change to accommodate a jewel of inestimable value!!

In any case, in my own particular example/experience, the issue wasn't whether she was hard or soft or easy to get. I was more concerned with finding out if there is something I was missing; getting to understand this type of person fully, so I know if I am looking down the wrong lane.

Of course there were times when it looked like I was just wasting my time; especially considering that most guys around me use the same period I use to get her to walk in and out of at least 10 different babes/relationship and chop, clean mouth waka!! But where/what are those relationships now; compared to what I have??

So I disagree with the article entirely; what I don't advise is playing hard to get just for the fun of it!! Like a rite of passage he must go through just because you say so; if you are keeping him on a waiting list so that you can observe if the person in question is sincere and is someone whom you can cope with for the rest of ya life; I think there's nothing wrong with playing "Hard-to-get" or whatever name it is called these days!!

#MyOwn10Kobo

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by Rapmoney(m): 10:38pm On Jan 22, 2016
tosyne2much:
If I have interest in you and I woo you, just consider me gone the moment I notice you are playing chess or ludo with my life cheesy
Lol! cheesy cheesy If dem play chess for ur head ehn!
Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by ronald4lif(m): 10:42pm On Jan 22, 2016
Oliviaarims:

Inasmuch as I don't believe in unnecessary fronting and playing hard to get just for the sake of it, I must say that it's necessary to take things slowly sometimes.

It's not in all cases that women deliberately play hard to get just for the sheer fun of it.. Sometimes, they simply need time to assess their feelings and the guy with whom they are getting into a relationship with, weigh the prospects of the relationship, whether or not it's worth a try and all of that...

This is a better persuasive basis for procrastinating a relationship. Sure there's a need to gauge a guy's feeling to be sure it's sincere and not just a temporal feeling of lust. But I don't think that's what constitutes playing hard to get.

I think playing hard to get borders around unnecessarily leading a guy on even when the lady is certain he ticks all her desideratum and requisites. That's where the problem is.

1 Like

Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by Rapmoney(m): 10:44pm On Jan 22, 2016
ehissi:
Hmmmmmm..............

On behalf of all hard to get ladies and all responsible men who are enjoying their relationships and marriages with their hard won "Eminados"; I disagree!!

Whether men be intelligent, high or low self esteem, direction or directionless, being hard to get isn't a factor.

On the contrary, the only reason any man will consider a woman/lady "hard to get" is if he hasn't taken out time to observe a lady to establish her worth or he is attracted to her simply because of the "goods or luggage" she is carrying or he didn't get her eventually.

Once the true value of a ladies companionship is assessed and established; it doesn't even occur to you that she is actually playing hard to get; that is until you get her anyway!!

It cost me 8 full years to capture my personal, customised, one in a million "asamkpokoto", my original eminado - not all those pirated software everywhere - and for 6 of those years I never got a yes or no answer not even an "I will think about it" answer!!

That didn't stop my vision and dreams, on the contrary it shapened it, because they are lot of things a typical man in life may take for granted, until a remarkable lady with a focus and vision for her own life too and the dexterity to pursue it appears on the scene; na there parade go change Oooh!!

If a man, claims to be intelligent, busy, an introvert, has high self esteem, focus and other such mumbo-jumbo, hocus-pocus, slippity-slam; when he sees a woman/lady that has value and high net-worth in the field of matrimony and a life-long partnership and companionship, his calendar, schedule, ward-robe, spending habits, feeding habits, life-style, even the way he dey waka will change to accommodate a jewel of inestimable value!!

In any case, in my own particular example/experience, the issue wasn't whether she was hard or soft or easy to get. I was more concerned with finding out if there is something I was missing; getting to understand this type of person fully, so I know if I am looking down the wrong lane.

Of course there were times when it looked like I was just wasting my time; especially considering that most guys around me use the same period I use to get her to walk in and out of at least 10 different babes/relationship and chop, clean mouth waka!! But where/what are those relationships now; compared to what I have??

So I disagree with the article entirely; what I don't advise is playing hard to get just for the fun of it!! Like a rite of passage he must go through just because you say so; if you are keeping him on a waiting list so that you can observe if the person in question is sincere and is someone whom you can cope with for the rest of ya life; I think there's nothing wrong with playing "Hard-to-get" or whatever name it is called these days!!

#MyOwn10Kobo
There are lots of Bimbos out there who play hard to get more than the 'virtous woman' you have been preaching about. This statement alone, renders your opinion invalid. Let your 'No' be 'No' and your 'Yes' be 'Yes'. What's the essence of acting as if you are in, at the same time, acting as if you are not in?

3 Likes

Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by Rapmoney(m): 10:46pm On Jan 22, 2016
ronald4lif:

This is a better persuasive basis for procrastinating a relationship. Sure there's a need to gauge a guy's feeling to be sure it's sincere and not just a temporal feeling of lust. But that I don't think constitutes playing hard to get.

I think playing hard to is unnecessarily leading a guy on even when the lady is certain he ticks all her desideratum and requisites. That's where the problem is.
...and your last paragraph is what I have been talking about wink
Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by ichommy(m): 10:53pm On Jan 22, 2016
Rapmoney:
Seun, lalasticlala, rocktation, tosyne2much, ronald4lif, wristbangle, ichommy, cutehector, toks2008...cheesy

you no go kill person @ rapmoney wink
Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by 1surdman: 10:59pm On Jan 22, 2016
So much anticipation by the way we go then
Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by Aminat508(f): 11:00pm On Jan 22, 2016
ichommy:

you no go kill person @ rapmoney wink
u never sleep?
Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by Nobody: 11:00pm On Jan 22, 2016
tosyne2much:
By the time you notice, i go don chop you finish grin grin

I'm joking oo. i'm soft-to-get cheesy

1 Like

Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jan 22, 2016
Ladies still play hard to get these days and times? I didn't know.

1 Like

Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by tosyne2much(m): 11:04pm On Jan 22, 2016
MissGdope:

I guess we should get to talk behind these walls then, or what do you think? wink
Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jan 22, 2016
MissGdope:

Otiemhen, onegbe? smiley
Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by opey112(m): 11:06pm On Jan 22, 2016
RexKex:
grin. Caro!
nah ur papa house u go grow put....stay there
Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by scachy(m): 11:07pm On Jan 22, 2016
CaroLyner:
what are you telling me.even intelligent guys chase girls.
teamhardtoget#

#TeamHardToGet??

Wait until u reach late 20's or early 30. Then we ll know who ll play hard to get, wether its ur team hard to get or "we 'dem boys "

Am not wishing you late marriage oo pls. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by Dindondin(m): 11:08pm On Jan 22, 2016
HungerBAD:
Bros.

If you jam better woman wey dey play hard to get,bros continue to pursue her oh.

Better women scarce.
I detest over hard to get girls

3 Likes

Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by sagaxity(m): 11:08pm On Jan 22, 2016
HungerBAD:
Bros.

If you jam better woman wey dey play hard to get,bros continue to pursue her oh.

Better women scarce.

For where dem dey see dem?
Abi dem dey write am for face?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

I’m Pregnant For My Cousin Again, After 2 Abortions / Lady Puts Fiancé In A Car Boot In A Crazy Pre-Wedding Photoshoot / Dating A Military Personnel: My Experience.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.