Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,961 members, 7,817,819 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:23 PM

Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With (68369 Views)

Valentine: 10 Categories Of Guys You Will See And How They Will Behave / Lady Visits A Guy At His Hostel, Crowd Of Guys Wait Outside To HAIL HIM (pics) / Real Reason Women Play Hard To Get Or Seem Not Interested (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by CaptainRahl(m): 9:44am On Jan 23, 2016
CaroLyner:
what are you telling me.even intelligent guys chase girls.
teamhardtoget#
I hope u will play hard to get until u reach d age of 40

3 Likes

Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by Taofeekbasit(m): 9:45am On Jan 23, 2016
Why ladies plenty
Karry your hard to get go meet your papa
Rapmoney:
There is always this misconception among our young Nigerian ladies of today that playing 'hard to get' is the sure way of identifying a guy who truly desires and cherishes them. This notion is not only fallacious, it also stands on a sinking foundation! There are guys who would play along with you to the end just to 'get down with you' and eventually show you the EXIT SIGN when it is time for them to take a leave cool It doesn't matter the method you use in playing the so-called 'hard to get'. If you like, do it in a Chinese style or Zimbabwean style!!! Dat nor be dia concern!!! wink

On a serious note, that a guy doesn't have time to start running after you like a kindergaten child doesn't mean he never desired you or liked you in sincerity. Different strokes for different folks, they say wink Below are the types of guys that find it difficult to tolerate 'hard to get' in romantic affairs:

1) Intelligent guys: These set of guys find it difficult to tolerate all the unnecessary rigmarole that comes with a lady playing hard-to-get. Do you think an intelligent person doesn't know he is? You cannot be the one to tell him; he knows it. He probably has some real brain-storming stuffs to do that can create wealth and help others as well other than chasing you up and down the road or calling your line several times without any response on daily basis!

2) Ambitious guys: When I say 'ambitious', I'm not talking of guys who wake up in the morning with huge wraps of indian hemp in their hands with loud talk of 'I go hammer, I go hammer'!!! I mean guys who have concrete dreams and are working towards it. They probably won't have time to chase you here and there when they know they have lot and lot of work to do. There's a difference between chasing women and dating a girl; you probably don't expect the latter to slow down his dreams! He might need you sincerely; he doesn't want to chase women wink

3) Guys that are emotionally strong: It takes an emotionally strong bloke to turn down the unreasonable request of a woman in a reasonable way. This means that guys who are emotionally strong have a greater possibility of saying 'NO' to the ritualistic torture or torment that goes with playing hard-to-get. They might easily back up. That doesn't mean they lacked sincere desires or are feeble-minded; it could mean that they are just too emotionally upgraded to start playing the role of a primary school boy in a movie directed by the lady!

4) Introverted guys: These people think very deeply because they spend much time alone. When a lady plays hard to get, it irritates them often times and they quickly dump her matter!!! Now, what's the stress? Since he is a deep thinker and probably a melancholic, he might paint a beautiful picture of love for you in his heart and when you mess up with your hard-to-get stunts, he quickly gives up because you not only burst his bubbles; you spoil the beautiful picture he employs his creativity painting.

Good evening!

2 Likes

Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by Okemmuo(m): 9:58am On Jan 23, 2016
Sincerely,this hard to get ish....if u notice d guy is shy and u rily like him u musnt necessarily literally use broom to pursue him....mehn..u can't imagine the amount of courage he summoned to tek dah step

1 Like

Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by ehissi(m): 9:58am On Jan 23, 2016
PunterTim:
How Can It Take 8 Years To Win Someone Over!.
Dude,Rethink This Situation.
The Thing Is Did She Want To Be With You Or It Took 8 Years To Realize That!.
She Doesn't Love You,She Just Tortured/Flayed You Into Cherishing Her.
You Should Also Note That For Every Second Of Those 8 Years,She Gambled On A Chance To Lose You!

Well bro, there is one thing I believe so strongly and it is this

"Love is by faith and not by force."

And I do remember saying it took 8years to "capture" and 6years to get a Yes or No answer!!

And By capture, I mean getting a oneway ticket down the aisle. Whether she loves me or not is not in doubt, plus that timeframe has helped us to build a trust base that is inpenetrable as well as understand each other so well, its like we are siamese twins!!

As for the torture, well I didn't really count it as torture. But when I compare it with the way folks of these days build relationships, you could say it looks a lot like torture.

But then, looking at the way people build relationships these days, it kinda of understandable why broken marriages and men/women who still have concubines when they are married exist.

When I sought for a lady, way back then, I was looking for someone I could love and trust -body and soul - with my life for the rest of my life. I didn't have an 8year seeking program, it just happened and I don't regret it, neither was she afraid to gamble, for her it was a high stakes game and she cashed in.

Besides, what is 8years behind us, compared to the number of years that we by God's grace we have to enjoy before??

When we look back at those years, we just laugh, cause it was filled with fun, laughs, and some silent/OYO tears. There's also our friends that witnessed those times with us which makes it all the more a fun story whenever we choose to take a trip down memory lane so it kinda interesting...........
Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by GoodGovernance: 9:59am On Jan 23, 2016
Good write up.

A motive is independent of whether a lady is playing hard to get or not.

If the motive is just to bang and run away,of course the guy would play along like a fool until he gets what he wants,whether hard to get or not.As a matter of research,a guy with the just bang motive is more likely to wait for a lady playing hard to get,than the guy with a sincere motive.The former has other options and can afford to play along(he has nothing to lose by waiting).The guy with a genuine motive would probably not be a womaniser and therefore has limited options(He has something to lose if the lady eventually say no).He would therefore have to weigh the risks involved in waiting for someone that might eventually say NO.

If the motive is driven by a sincere interest to keep a long term relationship,then wasting the guys time is a fifty- fifty issue,depending on the
current disposition of the guy,he either waits or move on....

There is a Yoruba adage that literally means that only GOD has no replica.The interest a genuine guy has in a lady could be manifested in another even better lady.So why waiste his time

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by Nobody: 10:00am On Jan 23, 2016
ehissi:

Well bro, there is one thing I believe so strongly and it is this

"Love is by faith and not by force."

And I do remember saying it took 8years to "capture" and 6years to get a Yes or No answer!!

And By capture, I mean getting a oneway ticket down the aisle. Whether she loves me or not is not in doubt, plus that timeframe has helped us to build a trust base that is inpenetrable as well as understand each other so well, its like we are siamese twins!!

As for the torture, well I didn't really count it as torture. But when I compare it will the way folks of these days build relationships, you could say it looks a lot like torture.

But then, looking at the way people build relationships these days, it kinda of understandable why broken marriages and men/women who still have concubines when they are married exist.

When I sought for a lady, way back then, I was looking for someone I could love and trust -body and soul - with my life for the rest of my life. I didn't have an 8year seeking program, it just happened and I don't regret it, neither was she afraid to gamble, for her it was a high stakes game and she cashed in.

Besides, what is 8years behind us, compared to the number of years that we by God's grace we have to enjoy before??

When we look back at those years, we just laugh, cause it was filled with fun, laughs, and some silent/OYO tears. There's also our friends that witnessed those times with us which makes it all the more a fun story whenever we choose to take a trip down memory lane so it kinda interesting...........

Sweet.
Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by skywalker240(m): 10:01am On Jan 23, 2016
CaroLyner:
what are you telling me.even intelligent guys chase girls.
teamhardtoget#

Ok na
#team single @ 30 or datin an unserious fellow# grin...keep encouraging stress an wicked act

1 Like

Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by Mattin(m): 10:09am On Jan 23, 2016
Rapmoney:
You dey fly follow me?
'Better woman' won't play hard to get. They will give you a good reason why they can't date you. It is either they are in serious relationship with someone or not into you etc. Not play hard to get

2 Likes

Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by Kgdavid(m): 10:11am On Jan 23, 2016
Rapmoney:
There is always this misconception among our young Nigerian ladies of today that playing 'hard to get' is the sure way of identifying a guy who truly desires and cherishes them. This notion is not only fallacious, it also stands on a sinking foundation! There are guys who would play along with you to the end just to 'get down with you' and eventually show you the EXIT SIGN when it is time for them to take a leave cool It doesn't matter the method you use in playing the so-called 'hard to get'. If you like, do it in a Chinese style or Zimbabwean style!!! Dat nor be dia concern!!! wink

On a serious note, that a guy doesn't have time to start running after you like a kindergaten child doesn't mean he never desired you or liked you in sincerity. Different strokes for different folks, they say wink Below are the types of guys that find it difficult to tolerate 'hard to get' in romantic affairs:

1) Intelligent guys: These set of guys find it difficult to tolerate all the unnecessary rigmarole that comes with a lady playing hard-to-get. Do you think an intelligent person doesn't know he is? You cannot be the one to tell him; he knows it. He probably has some real brain-storming stuffs to do that can create wealth and help others as well other than chasing you up and down the road or calling your line several times without any response on daily basis!

2) Ambitious guys: When I say 'ambitious', I'm not talking of guys who wake up in the morning with huge wraps of indian hemp in their hands with loud talk of 'I go hammer, I go hammer'!!! I mean guys who have concrete dreams and are working towards it. They probably won't have time to chase you here and there when they know they have lot and lot of work to do. There's a difference between chasing women and dating a girl; you probably don't expect the latter to slow down his dreams! He might need you sincerely; he doesn't want to chase women wink

3) Guys that are emotionally strong: It takes an emotionally strong bloke to turn down the unreasonable request of a woman in a reasonable way. This means that guys who are emotionally strong have a greater possibility of saying 'NO' to the ritualistic torture or torment that goes with playing hard-to-get. They might easily back up. That doesn't mean they lacked sincere desires or are feeble-minded; it could mean that they are just too emotionally upgraded to start playing the role of a primary school boy in a movie directed by the lady!

4) Introverted guys: These people think very deeply because they spend much time alone. When a lady plays hard to get, it irritates them often times and they quickly dump her matter!!! Now, what's the stress? Since he is a deep thinker and probably a melancholic, he might paint a beautiful picture of love for you in his heart and when you mess up with your hard-to-get stunts, he quickly gives up because you not only burst his bubbles; you spoil the beautiful picture he employs his creativity painting.

Good evening!

Finally a write up on romance that is aligned with reality.

Grade A effort here bro, well done.

1 Like

Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by Mattin(m): 10:12am On Jan 23, 2016
HungerBAD:
Bros.

If you jam better woman wey dey play hard to get,bros continue to pursue her oh.

Better women scarce.

Better woman' won't play hard to get. They will give you a good reason why they can't date you. It is either they are in serious relationship with someone or not into you etc not playing hard to get.

2 Likes

Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by dovoule(m): 10:12am On Jan 23, 2016
Its amazing how pus*y could trigger a man's optimism..
Cholls:
my brother my babe wey try that with me don win be that.......cuz I go make sure Chase until I get her and bang! bang! then move to the next one who will challenge my ego.

Life is too short.
Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by digitite: 10:14am On Jan 23, 2016
Wait wait...

So, I will leave these huge projects at my disposal, that could make me a billionaire tomorrow, and go and be wasting my time with some chick 'by playing hard to get' who doesn't add value to me than give you a fun of not more than 15 minutes. God forbid it.

Unless she is a potential wife, and she must not see herself as a Goddess. Humility is Genius.

3 Likes

Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by ivili(m): 10:18am On Jan 23, 2016
Rapmoney:

Good evening!
This is the best post relating caracteristics of persons i have seen in any Nigeria print media because this is spot on.

1 Like

Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by Superrman: 10:27am On Jan 23, 2016
You're my twin brother, this is me 100%
Toks2008:

I am more than awed when i read the article because this is just me 100%.

First and foremost i hardly approach a lady to show interest as regards romantic thingy because i take my time a lot and when i eventually do i make a request to be your friend which i believe its not harmful but if you start to show any funny sign of pride i will just shake my head and almost tell you that its your loss.

1 Like

Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by Rapmoney(m): 10:42am On Jan 23, 2016
Kgdavid:

Finally a write up on romance that is aligned with reality.

Grade A effort here bro, well done.
Thanks bro! wink
Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by Ayoola171(m): 10:48am On Jan 23, 2016
Even no time; to check time.
Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by Kanbee: 10:48am On Jan 23, 2016
Wedding receptions often succeed or fail
based on the performance of
the MC. If the MC isn't entertaining, or even
worse, makes jokes in poor taste,
it reflects negatively on the bride and groom.
If want your reception to be classy, run
smoothly, and
be as wonderful as it can be, at a pocket-
friendly price, contact A Professional MC on
07030828285, BBM PIN: 565085F0. You can
as well like our new facebook page:"Kanby Innovations".
Looking forward to hearing from you! Please pass it on; you may be helping someone who needs this info.
Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by tosyne2much(m): 10:48am On Jan 23, 2016
avicky:

Hmmmmmm. You are talking from experience ba?

If a lady falls for you easily, you will call her cheap, if she does otherwise, then she's playing hard to get. Haba!
Hahaha cheesy Funny cheesy
Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by tosyne2much(m): 10:49am On Jan 23, 2016
digitite:
Wait wait...

So, I will leave these huge projects at my disposal, that could make me a billionaire tomorrow, and go and be wasting my time with some chick 'by playing hard to get' who doesn't add value to me than give you a fun of not more than 15 minutes. God forbid it.

Unless she is a potential wife, and she must not see herself as a Goddess. Humility is Genius.
Roflwkmd lmao cheesy
Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by Faraidi(m): 10:56am On Jan 23, 2016
Rapmoney:

Good evening!
guy,you are a genius,i'm in introvert in nature.they was this girl i was wooing,i always go to her office to buy stuffs.I approached her,told her my feelings.But she is still playing hard to get.Each time i she say my face in her office,she will be so happy,she will look 4 a way to talk to me,yet she still proving hard to get.I just bullshit her QUICK

2 Likes

Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by kingsmok(m): 10:57am On Jan 23, 2016
Oliviaarims:

Applies to everyone.. Men nd women. U can't be 100% certain about everything at every point in ur life. There's always need for re-evaluation.
nothing is 100% in this life we are but God, the 3 cs in life: choice, chance, change. You must make the choice, to take the chance, if you want anything to change.
Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by DrayZee: 10:59am On Jan 23, 2016
Toks2008:

My life in one single thread.

Awesome
I swear. Me too
Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by tr3y(m): 11:00am On Jan 23, 2016
ichommy:

U don forget? We dont sleep. We hustle. grin nah to arrange 2mao bet sure pass. wink

U neva check ya Mail?

Ogbeni oya pass me the kpoli betslip.
Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by mutualrespect(m): 11:00am On Jan 23, 2016
i strongly agree with you on this piece. well done.

1 Like

Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by tosyne2much(m): 11:02am On Jan 23, 2016
zeongeon:

Playing hard to get doesn't classify you as been cheap or not..its the attitude you put up in the relationship that tells if your cheap or not.

Imagine after all the playing hard to get and when you finally agree he sleeps with you a day after, you devour his finances cause your to materialistic and demanding, you only give him sex after he has paid his regular taxes and tithes...so what's the point playing hard if you finally end up exhibiting all that characteristics.
This is wonderful !!!

Bros, abeg wetin u dey drink ?

1 Like

Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by Haywhymido(m): 11:08am On Jan 23, 2016
If u as a guy has selfworth, no gal will treat u as a trash/put u on the waiting list.
Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by Frake3: 11:08am On Jan 23, 2016
Whats the usefulness of playing hard to get anyway?. U observe sum1 dat truly lyks u n u lyk d person also. Then just gv in, n let d love flow. Remember you have just one life.wink
Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by tr3y(m): 11:12am On Jan 23, 2016
Toks2008:

I am more than awed when i read the article because this is just me 100%.

First and foremost i hardly approach a lady to show interest as regards romantic thingy because i take my time a lot and when i eventually do i make a request to be your friend which i believe its not harmful but if you start to show any funny sign of pride i will just shake my head and almost tell you that its your loss.

You ask a lady to be your friend? That is a one way ticket to the dreaded friendzone and trust me, the plane go crash for island u no go fit leave friendzone.

1 Like

Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by talktonase(m): 11:15am On Jan 23, 2016
Carowline:
All of the above are also hard to leave.... kiss
believe it oh.Its like he saw me through the pages of my diary...very true

1 Like

Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by spoman: 11:18am On Jan 23, 2016
blueseacats:
Exactly, only jobless guys or players will follow a hard to get lady until they get to her to bed then flee afterwards.
like student ? i dey into the business too, even if she go reach 10years to get my phone contact no dey full.
Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by Nobody: 11:24am On Jan 23, 2016
kingsmok:
nothing is 100% in this life we are but God, the 3 cs in life: choice, chance, change. You must make the choice, to take the chance, if you want anything to change.

cheesy
Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by Godson201333(m): 11:25am On Jan 23, 2016
HungerBAD:
Bros.

If you jam better woman wey dey play hard to get,bros continue to pursue her oh.

Better women scarce.

your statement doesnt make sense.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

I’m Pregnant For My Cousin Again, After 2 Abortions / Pre-Wedding Shoot: When A Doctor Is Engaged To A Doctor / What My Neighbour Did To Me Because I Did Not Ask Her Out After Giving Me Signal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.