Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,656 members, 7,813,212 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:45 AM

Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation (54394 Views)

Reno Omokri Blasts Adeosun "A Polytechnic Graduate As Finance Minister" / Pictures Of Arab Contractors Working On Aba Road Umuahia / Kemi Adeosun: A ‘zuwo’ Or A Nero? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by tico1212(m): 2:12pm On Feb 29, 2016
brabus:

Kemi: Chei! And Sister NOI warn me o. Na me go sign this thing. What's even inside sef?

Bubu: (be like Kemi smile for the camera now). Omoboriowo, position the camera well well. Make him people see am say na she sign the document.
I read am say d contract was written in Arabic. Na wetin make her give that kain face.
Babu don sell najira
Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by Ad0rable: 2:12pm On Feb 29, 2016
DauraDullardo:
That's exactly my point... I'm not against her wearing a scarf or covering her head. My problem is that the rag she used to cover her hair is completely out of sync with her attire... Meaning it was an afterthought and was done under duress. She never prepared nor planned for that... Quote me anywhere!
Gbam!! Out of sync and under duress, it was not her decision!!
Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by brabus(m): 2:13pm On Feb 29, 2016
TaasH:

That is your own perception or i can call it as bigotory, how woud you compare Nigeria a developing country with that of USA and Germany wich are strong G8 countries?
As a developing country our leader is wooing for investors in to the country? So far as she was not force to revert i see nothing about it. That shows her readiness and intrest to contribute for the development of her country irrespective of tribes or religion.
WAILING WAILERS KIP UR MOUTH SHOT.

We won't keep shut because of the uniformed people's rant.

We are playing the opposition which is normal in a democratic dispensation. So be ready for more. You're not elected to loaf around. Wailing keeps you on your toe.

______
By the way, we are back on the queue for the 3rd time since December 2015. What's your defense this time around?
Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by jantavanta(m): 2:24pm On Feb 29, 2016
maclatunji:

No need to imagine anythng. See [b]Queen of England [/b]in Hijab when visiting the Gulf .

Kemi Adeosun is in good company away from your petty postulations. Feel free to have a headache over this if you wish.

She is playing the usual accommodation politics of Britain. Saudi Arabia & the Gulf Arab States is their creation.
The deeper problem is our economic slavery via intellectual and cultural slavery.

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by charlesucheh(m): 2:39pm On Feb 29, 2016
Negative reciprocity ; it all pends on whom the agreement will benefit most.... If covering her hair will make the Naira Value appreciate, then she should go on a NINJA style..... But what. Will it benefit her if she down grade's herself and Nigerians still wallow in abject poverty The pictures of American secretaries of state et'al not doing the same shows that Qatar is (was) the privilege party in those treaties .
Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by Nobody: 2:46pm On Feb 29, 2016
I thought Christians cover their heads too. She chose to be a "good" Christian here by covering her head, not that she was conforming to any Qatari law. Every picture of Virgin Mary had her head covered. So stfu @OP....lol
Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by Omonigeriarere: 2:51pm On Feb 29, 2016
[s]
amunkita:
See watin Buhari dey do our sisters...

Buhari is an extremist - Rev. Fada Amuekwe
[/s]

And if that is her choice, what offence has she committed by doing that?
Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by deehusby60: 3:04pm On Feb 29, 2016
That shows you also have sold your culture,tradition and your senses. What Kemi did is so W-R-O-N-G Ngozi would never have done that. hypocrisy in the highest order. Oh God of mercy, my people needs brain.
lumydee44:
I don't think anyone forced her, sometimes you need to respect the host and do things outta courtesy, the deal might be a good thing and that have might been her sacrifice for the nation. Its better to act a fool for someone who thinks he's fooling you when you know what's at stake.

3 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by hob(m): 3:04pm On Feb 29, 2016
its her personal choice to cover her head.

Nobody forced her

\Go nd sleep @op
Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by OrlandoOwoh(m): 3:08pm On Feb 29, 2016
I'm sure Bill Clinton was also "forced" to wear the babariga when he visited Nigeria during the tenure of Obasanjo?
Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by Forwetinnah: 3:14pm On Feb 29, 2016
..that woman doesn't know what she has signed. At the end of the day, boooooohari will wash his hands off. The man has no Integrity which was the major reason alot of people especially from the West were misled. The integrity boooooohari has been flaunting isn't his but Idiagbon's
Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by Marriott1980(m): 3:15pm On Feb 29, 2016
Na wa for Nigerians sha. People just come to Nairaland everyday to display their ignorance. What has her covering her head have to do with anything. Maybe the OP should read a book on inernational business, law and diplomacy then you will understand that if you are in a foreign country for business related issues you act according to the culture and norms of the country. You learn about a country's culture and even religion beofre you go there. Well thats what is taught in MBA class and most people dont have the privilege to attend such so they dont know.

In the words of Don Corleone, "IT IS STRICTLY BUSINESS AND NOT PERSONAL"
Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by misgab: 3:18pm On Feb 29, 2016
dz is what happens wen a country priding itself the giant of africa stoop so low for arabs.psheeeew
Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by Marriott1980(m): 3:19pm On Feb 29, 2016
deehusby60:
That shows you also have sold your culture,tradition and your senses. What Kemi did is so W-R-O-N-G Ngozi would never have done that. hypocrisy in the highest order. Oh God of mercy, my people needs brain.

No you need brain. What is wrong with you people. What has covering head have to do with anything. She covered her head to sign a deal and so what? If covering her head is what is going to make life worth living for a Nigerian like you then so be it. What sacrifice have you as a person made for Nigeria or the guy pushing wheelbarrow in your neighborhood with your non head covering self.

She covered her head, signed the deal and unto the next one.

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by ocheejemb: 3:21pm On Feb 29, 2016
You are a dumb-ass. If she decided, out of respect, to embrace the culture of another entity - who are you to tell her otherwise?
Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by tpiar: 3:22pm On Feb 29, 2016
fortunechy:
this is just the beginning

True that.
Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by tpiar: 3:25pm On Feb 29, 2016
DauraDullardo:
Fellow Nigerians, can we see how scared and completely intimidated this woman looks? She is totally out of her widths. This is what happens when you get a position based on bottom power and not by merit. Reminds me of this picture below. Subservience is the word. Yoruba people sef....

Meanwhile the spread of Sharia and Islamization continues...

She is not supposed to look scared and intimidated, this is not WWII.

All public positions are supposed to come with training in acting classes, such classes are important because of body language and the message it portrays.

The people attached to her office have to be blamed for this.
Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by Naijazeera: 3:27pm On Feb 29, 2016
ValerianSteel:
This evening I came across this picture and I was very disappointed in what I saw.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3447251_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

As a minister in the Federal Cabinet of Nigeria signing a bilateral agreement on behalf of Nigeria in Qatar,tradition demands that She(Kemi Adeosun) is accorded the same respect as the President as her presence carries as much authority with the President.

Under no circumstances should a person of her capacity be subjected to conform to the cultural/religious practice of the host country.

Kemi Adeosun is a Nigerian Minister visiting Qatar,she is a foreigner,therefore she is not bound by Qatari laws or culture which can't be enforced on her.

It is utmost disrespect for her person and Nigeria as a nation to see her subjected to covering her hair to please Qatari officials.This attempt of cowardice to Qatari Islamic custom denigrates the office of the Minister of Finance and totally against Global Practice.

Madam Kemi Adeosun,next time you find yourself in an Arab nation,refuse vehemently to cover your hair,their laws are not binding on you.You are their visitor and your person must be respected.

Thats a lie, stop spreading hate speech. The attached picture shows that Michelle, Hillary, Queen Elizabeth all wear veil

4 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by maduningi(m): 3:38pm On Feb 29, 2016
I don't think anybody forced Kemi to cover her hair, Don't you know this saying " When you visit the romans do as the romans do".
Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by meforyou1(m): 3:46pm On Feb 29, 2016
lumydee44:
I don't think anyone forced her, sometimes you need to respect the host and do things outta courtesy, the deal might be a good thing and that have might been her sacrifice for the nation. Its better to act a fool for someone who thinks he's fooling you when you know what's at stake.
respect the host how?
Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by poseidon12: 4:22pm On Feb 29, 2016
lumydee44:

Which respect are you talking about here? Buhari allowed these people to insult our minister of finance. Did you look at the pictures of the American female officials posted by the op? Did you see any of them wearing scarf? This is a big shame. I hope someone at the senate says something about this.
Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by poseidon12: 4:25pm On Feb 29, 2016
lumydee44:

bros Qatar is one of the richest country in the world,having them on our side isn't a bad thing. And i don't think they made her cover her hair. Which one is the ibo talk again, aren't we all Nigerians, Lets not allow tribalism divide us, there's strength in number and we have that together as a nation. #onenigeria

So who made her cover her hair?
Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by poseidon12: 4:26pm On Feb 29, 2016
Topestbilly:
People sef...... Op call her to confirm if she did it willingly or it was enforce on her... mtcheeew.

Don't compare her with those people cos in naija we'v got culture n tradition, religion apart.

Like Christians don't use scarf too.

So you think Americans and Germans do not have culture and tradition?
Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by poseidon12: 4:28pm On Feb 29, 2016
lumydee44:

Bros you and i were not with them, it might have been her idea unless she says otherwise.

So you really expect her to come out and say she was forced?
Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by MrGerald(m): 4:40pm On Feb 29, 2016
eligibility:

Stop spreading hatred.
How is this hatred or you're simply disconnected from reality?
Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by MrGerald(m): 4:44pm On Feb 29, 2016
misterh:
Source of this info? Were you part of the delegation?
You're simply disconnected from reality and happenings of recent time
Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by Topestbilly(m): 4:50pm On Feb 29, 2016
poseidon12:

So you think Americans and Germans do not have culture and tradition?

They do, but covering their hair probably not part of it. But in naija covering our hair plays a big role in our culture n tradition.
Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by akanbiaa(m): 5:01pm On Feb 29, 2016
AntiMahdi:

And from which mullah's ass did you pull that taqiyya lie that Qatar is the richest country in the world?

They have the strongest currency even if they are not the richest.
Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by atama27(m): 5:04pm On Feb 29, 2016
mynd1:
Lol. Thank u for d advice,will pass d messages to her. cheesy
lol..
Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by fmthegreatest(m): 5:17pm On Feb 29, 2016
Yes valerian steel is right,the hon.minister of finance goofed by subordinating her person and official authority to the culture and religion of the arabic Qatar,it is unacceptable and sheer cowardice.
Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by misterh(m): 5:19pm On Feb 29, 2016
MrGerald:
You're simply disconnected from reality and happenings of recent time
I ask you to give me the source of your information but you say I'm disconnected from reality.

What's the correlation please?
Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by misterh(m): 5:22pm On Feb 29, 2016
poseidon12:

Which respect are you talking about here? Buhari allowed these people to insult our minister of finance. Did you look at the pictures of the American female officials posted by the op? Did you see any of them wearing scarf? This is a big shame. I hope someone at the senate says something about this.
Someone at the Senate to say something about it?? Don't they have laws to legislate on?
Did Obama also allow Michelle to be insulted here?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Reacts To Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa / Bukola Saraki Congratulates Comedienne Emmanuella For Landing Disney Role / Obasanjo Tears PDP Membership Card In Public

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.