Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:51 AM

Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation (54380 Views)

Reno Omokri Blasts Adeosun "A Polytechnic Graduate As Finance Minister" / Pictures Of Arab Contractors Working On Aba Road Umuahia / Kemi Adeosun: A ‘zuwo’ Or A Nero? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by AntiMahdi: 12:12am On Feb 29, 2016
lumydee44:

Luxembourg is #2, please make use of your sub and google it nah

Story.

Luxembourg is number one as per GDP with average GDP at close to $80,000.

Qatar isn't close.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by lumydee44: 12:13am On Feb 29, 2016
AntiMahdi:

Story.

Luxembourg is number one as per GDP with average GDP at close to $80,000.

Qatar isn't close.

Whats your reference?
Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by AntiMahdi: 12:14am On Feb 29, 2016
lumydee44:

Whats your reference?

You won't find migrant slave workers in Luxembourg

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by SUPERPACK: 12:27am On Feb 29, 2016
ValerianSteel:
This evening I came across this picture and I was very disappointed in what I saw.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3447251_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

As a minister in the Federal Cabinet of Nigeria signing a bilateral agreement on behalf of Nigeria in Qatar,tradition demands that She(Kemi Adeosun) is accorded the same respect as the President as her presence carries as much authority with the President.

Under no circumstances should a person of her capacity be subjected to conform to the cultural/religious practice of the host country.

Kemi Adeosun is a Nigerian Minister visiting Qatar,she is a foreigner,therefore she is not bound by Qatari laws or culture which can't be enforced on her.

It is utmost disrespect for her person and Nigeria as a nation to see her subjected to covering her hair to please Qatari officials.This attempt of cowardice to Qatari Islamic custom denigrates the office of the Minister of Finance and totally against Global Practice.

Madam Kemi Adeosun,next time you find yourself in an Arab nation,refuse vehemently to cover your hair,their laws are not binding on you.You are their visitor and your person must be respected.
i dont think anyone forced her to wear it. remember during campaign buhari visited the south east wearing igbo native, likewise when he visited the west he wore yoruba native. same thing with GEJ during the campaign period, it is nt a crime to dress like ur host.
[img]http://4.bp..com/-cBUvMr0FI1Y/VH9U_g6WnBI/AAAAAAABUkQ/FnbS8EhKpxI/s1600/b.jpg[/img]
[img]http://3.bp..com/-XGDmcpXOLms/VH9U_9f5IaI/AAAAAAABUkU/xA0asB8zfzY/s1600/c.jpg[/img]
[img]http://2.bp..com/-4fZXhoYgESs/VH9U8Zk4AKI/AAAAAAABUj8/sVZkGbkJDko/s1600/9.jpg[/img]

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by Topestbilly(m): 12:34am On Feb 29, 2016
AntiMahdi:

Then she should begin to cover her bad hairdo henceforth

That's her choice

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by Nobody: 12:40am On Feb 29, 2016
Make this woman read that documents well before she sign it o.Make she no go sign nigeria-Islamic Republic document.

11 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by yaya93: 12:41am On Feb 29, 2016
Know2020:
Watch as the sophisticated people will find excuse for everything bubu does. They will say...it's a mark of respect. lol. You can't try this nonsense on an Igbo woman...who are you!

I no tell you...see below. @ lumydee44
do Igbo people have respect elders and traditions?

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by AntiMahdi: 12:43am On Feb 29, 2016
Topestbilly:

That's her choice

Did she have a choice in qatar?

Yeye

3 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by AntiMahdi: 12:44am On Feb 29, 2016
yaya93:
do Igbo people have respect elders and traditions?

What is igbo business in this nonsense?

Boko

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by Topestbilly(m): 12:48am On Feb 29, 2016
AntiMahdi:

Did she have a choice in qatar?

Yeye

If michelle Obama had choice y won't she.

6 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by AntiMahdi: 12:50am On Feb 29, 2016
Topestbilly:

If michelle Obama had choice y won't she.

Are you comparing that accountant commissioner to the US first lady?

5 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by Nwanyihanuo: 12:56am On Feb 29, 2016
lumydee44:
I don't think anyone forced her, sometimes you need to respect the host and do things outta courtesy, the deal might be a good thing and that have might been her sacrifice for the nation. Its better to act a fool for someone who thinks he's fooling you when you know what's at stake.
The pope removes his shoes whenever he entered a Mosque and kisses the soil of any country he entered once he steps out of his jet. It doesn't remove his papacy from him.

18 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by Topestbilly(m): 12:58am On Feb 29, 2016
AntiMahdi:

Are you comparing that accountant commissioner to the US first lady?

Yes!!!
Example: if US first lady steal over there she will get equal judgement as Adeosun or any other person who engage in similar act.... except it's not known to d public.
Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by Nwanyihanuo: 12:59am On Feb 29, 2016
ValerianSteel:
This evening I came across this picture and I was very disappointed in what I saw.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3447251_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

As a minister in the Federal Cabinet of Nigeria signing a bilateral agreement on behalf of Nigeria in Qatar,tradition demands that She(Kemi Adeosun) is accorded the same respect as the President as her presence carries as much authority with the President.

Under no circumstances should a person of her capacity be subjected to conform to the cultural/religious practice of the host country.

Kemi Adeosun is a Nigerian Minister visiting Qatar,she is a foreigner,therefore she is not bound by Qatari laws or culture which can't be enforced on her.

It is utmost disrespect for her person and Nigeria as a nation to see her subjected to covering her hair to please Qatari officials.This attempt of cowardice to Qatari Islamic custom denigrates the office of the Minister of Finance and totally against Global Practice.

Madam Kemi Adeosun,next time you find yourself in an Arab nation,refuse vehemently to cover your hair,their laws are not binding on you.You are their visitor and your person must be respected.
The pope removes his shoes whenever he entered a Mosque and kisses the soil of any country he entered once he steps out of his jet. It doesn't remove his papacy from him but makes him a humble man.

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by AntiMahdi: 1:01am On Feb 29, 2016
Topestbilly:

Yes!!!
Example: if US first lady steal over there she will get equal judgement as Adeosun or any other person who engage in similar act.... except it's not known to d public.

Your analogy is stup1d

Is not wearing a veil now comparable to stealing?

And besides have you heard of diplomatic impunity?

Implying your goat fcking masters can dare the US.

6 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by Topestbilly(m): 1:02am On Feb 29, 2016
AntiMahdi:

Your analogy is stup1d

LoL... that's the Arabians for you.... they don't give a f^ck

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by aresa: 1:35am On Feb 29, 2016
Australia's Foreign Minister Julie Bishop

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by aresa: 1:38am On Feb 29, 2016

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by aresa: 1:42am On Feb 29, 2016

Condoleeza Rice, Secretary of State meeting with Tajik opposition figures and wearing a hijab

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by aresa: 1:49am On Feb 29, 2016
The fact that many of you are bigots, that you hate and have not respect for other people doesn't mean the rest of the world share your bad, horrible, disgusting and anti social behavior..

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by akinyeleaa: 2:07am On Feb 29, 2016
Silly op, as if Christians too don't use scarf

6 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by aresa: 2:13am On Feb 29, 2016
akinyeleaa:
Silly op, as if Christians too don't use scarf

[img]http://theorthodoxlife.files./2014/02/headcovering21.jpg[/img]

Christian girls....

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by OPCNAIRALAND: 3:31am On Feb 29, 2016
ValerianSteel:

I agree totally, but permit to even add a little thought.

What is head covering, whether for male or female? A foreign government should never instruct an African about head covering,....but particularly so a Yoruba.

Yoruba philosophy starts with reverence for the head!

Kemi Adeosun represent Nigeria abroad and I dont know any Nigerian culture where women are forbidden head tie. Within Nigerian sphere she represents Yoruba in the cabinet and is a atotal disgust that she fails to represent us well, culturally!

This is one person I want Buhari to hurry up and replace. Replace with another Yoruba, bring Tunde Edun as our new minister, please.

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by Nobody: 3:33am On Feb 29, 2016
Unites States House Speaker Nancy Pelosi; Australian Foreign Minister Julie Bishop; Mrs Obama; Condoleeza Rice. I like the debate though but the OP is using rather strong language to push his argument

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by Gr8emmy(m): 5:02am On Feb 29, 2016
JUST PASSING BY

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by kettykin: 5:58am On Feb 29, 2016
If you notice in the last few pictures, the hair was covered when outdoors

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by aresa: 6:04am On Feb 29, 2016
kettykin:
If you notice in the last few pictures, the hair was covered when outdoors

Islamic religious scholar, you mean they have different rules per where women allowed to wear and not wear headscarf...

You bigots fit kill pesin with lafta I swear...lmao

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by kettykin: 6:07am On Feb 29, 2016
aresa:

Islamic religious scholar, you mean they have different rules per where women allowed to wear and not wear headscarf...

You bigots fit kill pesin with lafta I swear...lmao

What I am simply saying is that the foreign ladies who wore hijab or hair covering did this when they were outdoors and not indoors.

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by abdulwastecx(m): 6:15am On Feb 29, 2016
lumydee44:

bros Qatar is the richest country in the world,having them on our side isn't a bad thing. And i don't think they made her cover her hair. Which one is the ibo talk again, aren't we all Nigerians, Lets not allow tribalism divide us, there's strength in number and we have that together as a nation. #onenigeria

Qatar is not the richest country on earth man. It is embarrassing to always be second class everywhere you go because of our social economy situation

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by obailala(m): 6:20am On Feb 29, 2016
ValerianSteel:
[s]This evening I came across this picture and I was very disappointed in what I saw.

Madam Kemi Adeosun,next time you find yourself in an Arab nation,refuse vehemently to cover your hair,their laws are not binding on you.You are their visitor and your person must be respected.[/s]
Much ado about nothing!

The Op of this thread must be suffering from serious self esteem issues, there is nothing wrong in a woman deciding to respect the culture of her hosts, it doesnt make her less of a woman; and yes, I dont believed she was forced to cover her hair, this same lady was in UAE recently and she never covered her hair. If a woman walks into a Catholic or Anglican church even in Nigeria, she is required to cover her hair during service, same also for men who are required to take off their hats; if the person isn't a Catholic or Anglican, respecting the norms of the church while inside its building does not in anyway reduce or demean the person. Some people just sit in their homes and worry themselves over non-issues. Emancipate yourself from mental slavery man.

36 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by tanteta(m): 6:25am On Feb 29, 2016
... And the journey continues to an Islamic republic of Nigeria.... But what Are we saying, is this sort of condition not obtainable in the northern part of this country. If in doubt, ask your relates who did serviced in the northern part of Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Peter Obi Recognized At The Shiloh 2022 In Canaanland (Video, Pics) / Pictures Of Lawan And Amaechi At Tinubu's Campaign Flag-off Yesterday / Osinbajo Calls Hilda Baci On Phone (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.