Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,018 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:17 AM

Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation (54383 Views)

Reno Omokri Blasts Adeosun "A Polytechnic Graduate As Finance Minister" / Pictures Of Arab Contractors Working On Aba Road Umuahia / Kemi Adeosun: A ‘zuwo’ Or A Nero? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by MsGlobalwonder(f): 6:28am On Feb 29, 2016
lumydee44:

bros Qatar is the richest country in the world,having them on our side isn't a bad thing. And i don't think they made her cover her hair. Which one is the ibo talk again, aren't we all Nigerians, Lets not allow tribalism divide us, there's strength in number and we have that together as a nation. #onenigeria
richest country in the world ke? Beru Olohun oo shocked smh!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by ajebuter(f): 6:31am On Feb 29, 2016
I*m not a fan of her master or party but i dont see anything wrong in respecting the religion and culture of her host country.

As a christian serving in the north in 2001, i also covered my hair and fully covered my body as a means of respecting the religion and culture of my host state and it never changed my christain believe or my identity.

Respect for the host country culture and religion is the operative word and she hasnt done anything felonious

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by id911(m): 6:38am On Feb 29, 2016
When I saw her on that I was very disappointed. Kemi lacks courage and very timid, this is disgraceful to we Nigerians. Have u ever seen a Europeans or Asians, not to talk of Americans and the rest being this intimated by these Arabs?

If she stops wearing that thing when she comes back home, it means she does not deserve to represent us as a minister.

This is the most disgraceful thing from a government official I have ever witnessed. What a country!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by sweetgala(m): 6:38am On Feb 29, 2016
ValerianSteel:
In case people don't see what's wrong here because to you,it's just a piece of scarf.Well it's not.

The black robes and red scarf Qatari officials have on them are the customary cultural wears in Qatar same way the hijab and any covering for the head is customary and cultural for the women.

Imagine your Minister of Works,Power and Housing,Babatude Fashole forced to wear the black robes and red scarf to please Qatari officials before signing some agreement on behalf of the country.Wouldn't you consider it an insult?

It is insulting in every regard.

Well unlike in some Western cultures where respect of other people's tradition is flouted, in Nigeria as a form of respect we not only honour traditions but we actually practice the covering of head both in the Christian faith and in islam. Even in many traditional divinations the covering of the head is a tradition, hence the gele head gear worn traditionally by Yoruba.

It was her choice, she may have been advised to do so to honour the Qatar hosts , I salute her humility in doing so

8 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by sweetgala(m): 6:40am On Feb 29, 2016
id911:
When I saw her on that I was very disappointed. Kemi lacks courage and very timid, this is disgraceful to we Nigerians. Have u ever seen a Europeans or Asians, not to talk of Americans and the rest being this intimated by these Arabs?

If she stops wearing that thing when she comes back home, it means she's does not deserve to represent us as a minister.

This is the most disgraceful thing from a government official I have ever witnessed. What a country!

You should search Google to find both the queen of England and the dutches were appropriately dressed when they did visit UAE.

That someone is ill mannered should not mean it is right not to honour your hosts.

8 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by aresa: 6:42am On Feb 29, 2016
kettykin:

What I am simply saying is that the foreign ladies who wore hijab or hair covering did this when they were outdoors and not indoors.

Australia's Foreign Minister Julie Bishop

That's Australia's Foreign Minister and she was inside and not outside...

Please stop overreaching and quit disgracing yourself...

Learn how to respect other people's, ways, religion and culture.. It's common decency and sophistication..

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by sweetgala(m): 6:47am On Feb 29, 2016
AntiMahdi:

So Qatar is richer than Saudi? Or Germany or Switzerland or the UK or Japan or China or the almighty America?

Keep deceiving yourselves

Germany are leaning highly on the Euro zone , Switzerland are the beneficiary of a banking system which hosts dirty money they are not wealthy and have not signed many agreements to limit money laundering, UK and Japan are broke dependent on foreign loans, but they have a system America are soo indebted to China, it would be impossible for them to pay it back in 30 years.

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by sweetgala(m): 6:49am On Feb 29, 2016
Topestbilly:

If michelle Obama had choice y won't she.

You know what is great about choice, you can either choose to or not. If the minister choose to that's great.

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by opey25(m): 6:54am On Feb 29, 2016
id911:

If she stops wearing that thing when she comes back home, it means she does not deserve to represent us as a minister.

Did you see the pictures aresa posted? From your statement it means condoleeza rice was also intimidated by the Tajiks cos she wore an hijab when she was in Tajikistan.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by sweetgala(m): 6:54am On Feb 29, 2016
kettykin:

What I am simply saying is that the foreign ladies who wore hijab or hair covering did this when they were outdoors and not indoors.

It doesn't matter, it is a better of choice, someone above went on a tangent about the Yoruba respect for the head, I would remind him that traditionally a Yoruba woman would not leave her home without wearing a head tie.

In many churches who have not embraced modern excess and stupidity, men don't want a hat within the temple and women cover their heads.

Not every nation has sacrificed tradition on the altar of being Western as thou the in the westvthere wasn't a time a lady was required to wear a hat to cover her head.

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by sweetgala(m): 6:56am On Feb 29, 2016
ajebuter:
I*m not a fan of her master or party but i dont see anything wrong in respecting the religion and culture of her host country.

As a christian serving in the north in 2001, i also covered my hair and fully covered my body as a means of respecting the religion and culture of my host state and it never changed my christain believe or my identity.

Respect for the host country culture and religion is the operative word and she hasnt done anything felonious

It's not even religion but a daily practiced culture of Semitic cultures , even the Coptic Christians and the Jewish people practice this actively.

3 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by MrMichealmba: 6:59am On Feb 29, 2016
Know2020:
Watch as the sophisticated people will find excuse for everything bubu does. They will say...it's a mark of respect. lol. You can't try this nonsense on an Igbo woman...who are you!

I no tell you...see below. @ lumydee44

Everything in your own life is Yoruba vs Yeeboe, are you that frustrated and tired of your life. You switch from your new2020 moniker to this one and several other 2020 monikers just to spew tribal trash. You truly have no shame.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by plaetton: 7:03am On Feb 29, 2016
lumydee44:

bros Qatar is the richest country in the world,having them on our side isn't a bad thing. And i don't think they made her cover her hair. Which one is the ibo talk again, aren't we all Nigerians, Lets not allow tribalism divide us, there's strength in number and we have that together as a nation. #onenigeria

In which school did they teach you that Qatar is the richest country in the world ? shocked

And you think YOU should be kissing their axss so that they give you some of their riches ?

Hilarious, but very sad. undecided

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by plaetton: 7:06am On Feb 29, 2016
lumydee44:

bros google is your friend

A good education is also your best friend.
Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by plaetton: 7:06am On Feb 29, 2016
lumydee44:

bros google is your friend

A good education is also your best friend.

Google is not a substitute for an education.

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by id911(m): 7:07am On Feb 29, 2016
opey25:
Did you see the pictures aresa posted? From you statement it means condoleeza rice was also intimidated by the Tajiks cos she wore an hijab when she was in Tajikistan.

Yes! i saw those pix. Condoleza Rice I know is very courageous and can't be intimidated by anybody, I say anybody, let alone the Tajiks.

If you noticed, Condoleza and others did that in a different context which you should understand is quite different from that of our sister. We should call a spade a spade pls

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by plaetton: 7:13am On Feb 29, 2016
lumydee44:

Yes based on GDP

Ignorant.

There is a world of difference between GDP and GDP per capita.

With a population of 2 million ( less than Oshodi), the GDP per Capita of Qatar is bound to be the highest in the world.

If Nigeria had a population of 2 million, our GDP per capita would also have been among the highest in the world.
Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by luvmijeje(f): 7:14am On Feb 29, 2016
grin grin grin...... Nairalanders!

There's nothing wrong with Kemi trying to blend into her environment. My issue with her outfit is how the scarf doesn't match her other outfit .

I'm formally welcoming her to National politics where the opposition party are now into petty politics. But why are some people afraid of Kemi?

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by nafiachi(m): 7:17am On Feb 29, 2016
@op, I am a Muslim and my religion does not force it's teaching on non-muslims, I have no doubt it was out of courtesy from her part, after all other images u posted seems to contradict your conclusion even here in Nigeria women do these when they find themselves around other cultures.
We should actually praise Mrs Adeosun for showing the world how well trained culturally she is, a beautiful example of the yoruba culture.
I am proud of her.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by id911(m): 7:18am On Feb 29, 2016
sweetgala:

You should search Google to find both the queen of England and the dutches were appropriately dressed when they did visit UAE.

That someone is is I'll mannered should not mean it is right not to honour your hosts.

Let me ask you a question, when you said they "were appropriately dressed..." was it in solidarity with the host, in a different context or in signing bilateral agreements like our sister did?
Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by poundlander: 7:25am On Feb 29, 2016
but to say na suit she wore to London or America. she won't be a slave to western culture right? stereotypes and Islamophobe.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by MonPro: 7:35am On Feb 29, 2016
Nigeria is an inferior country in every respect but i'd like to hear what the zombies will have to say here.
Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by ibnzubair(m): 8:03am On Feb 29, 2016
plaetton:

In which school did they teach you that Qatar is the richest country in the world ? shocked

And you think YOU should be kissing their axss so that they give you some of their riches ?

Hilarious, but very sad. undecided

Honestly dude, how hard could using Google be?

1. The wealth of a country is usually measured in GDP per capita

2. And based on that, Qatar is the richest, Luxembourg is second

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by 989900: 8:04am On Feb 29, 2016
A very, very, silly article.

Travel a little dude; you can read and write, but you still come off as semi-illiterate.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by polycarp11: 8:15am On Feb 29, 2016
Critique of Ben Murry Bruce's book tittled "Commonsense Revolution"

By Ochuba Chichebe.

Though Ben was good enough to outlined the numerous problems facing Nigeria, and patriotic enough to have offered some solutions. But he was quick enough to blame Nigerians and the government for these problems. The summary of Commonsense Revolution was a pinpoint of our problems, failures and corrective messures to be taken. My initial expectation was to see a dramatic and systematic step towards surmounting our foundational challenges. In other words, the book is an articulation of what ought to be, rather than what is. This is to say that, is highly idealistic and apologetic. Though there are some elements of objectivity when he deployed comparative analysis. But this scientific gesture did not conform with some of his anaysis. In other words, there is a problem of coherence which made it illogical. I therefore, with the following points, see it as an expression of views rather than reality:

Having made tribalism and ethnicity the major bane of Nigerian development. Having as well, criticised and blamed Nigerians and the government for banes, by taking preference of federal character principle and regionalism in allocation of national cake against merit and capability. Ben bluntly refused to take notice of the nature and character of the Nigerian state. Scientifically, you dont make prediction when you have not established any correlation. So if you want to blame Nigerians, you must first establish the foundational relationship between the so called Nigerian state and her citizens? Is Ben oblivious of the history of this country? Did he not know that there was at no point these people he accused of being tribal agreed to live as brothers and sisters? Or is Ben not aware that a large number of Nigerians do not believe in the so called 1999 constitution imposed on them? I was even more shocked when Ben said there was nothing like tribalism in the post-independence era. Is either that Ben lacked full knowledge of history, or he was pushed to decieving many of us that are yet to read history into believing that post-independence was without tribalism. One of our forefathers which Ben decribed as the best president Nigeria never had (Chief Awolowo) onces said "Nigeria is mere geographical expression" Is it not yet time for us to address that phrase? Or should will continue to pretend as Ben has suggested? Is not good enough for him to condemn anybody without asking the Nigerian govt. to do the needful. On this issue, i conclude that Ben only admonished Nigerians to forget who they are and accept who they are not.

Ben also spoke about underdevelopment (though he did not use the word underdevelopment) and accredited it to corruption, mismanagement, lack of patriotism, and the principle of going to Abuja to share the national cake. Well, i agree with him that Nigeria is underdeveloped. But disgree with his causes . All those things mentioned above are just peripheries. The core cause lies with the political structure of the state. Federalism and capitalism are not our ideologies, so if we must practice them, we must do it strictly on the basis of their orgins (USA). In USA, where Ben had his education, the constituent states control their resources and pay tax to the centre. Local governments are autonomous and cause grassroot development. Is Nigerian federalism the same? The center is the super power which contravened the principle of federalism by K.C Whare. I had expected Ben Bruce to ask the Nigerian state to go back to what many described as true federalism and not asking us to be patriotic. Problems are solved systematically and not by mere wishes.

Addressing the problem of youths, Ben, no doubt made some good suggestions, especially the fact he admitted that the youths are the most valuable resources Nigeria has, and therefore must be accorded number one priority. In this regard, Ben was more of hypocritical than realistic as demostrated at his 60th birthday where he treated the Nigerian youths/students as second class citizens. This was in total contradiction of his doctrine.

About the third alternative to APC and PDP, which he described as "patriotism" Ben was being economical with the truth. The truth remains that an average Nigerian youth prefer to be loyal to his primodial state to the Nigerian state. Because they do not believe in the state called Nigeria.

In general and in conclusion, though, there are some commonsense in the Commonsense Revolution, but Ben should have known that the solution to Nigeria's problems does not lies in the Commonsense Revolution in his perspective of commonsense, but in the foundation of the state. We must take a critical look of our foundation. "Nigeria is a mere geographical expression" said one of Nigerian philosopher.

Lastly, i will suggest that Ben Murry Bruce to find a book tittled: "The two Publics" by Peter Ekeh. This book captured clearly, the root cause of Nigeria problems and offered systematic solution. The book is more of scientific.

My name is Ochuba Chichebe #Trying to see things differently#

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by millhouse: 8:17am On Feb 29, 2016
Terrible
Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by DauraDullardo(m): 8:22am On Feb 29, 2016
ValerianSteel:
This evening I came across this picture and I was very disappointed in what I saw.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3447251_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

As a minister in the Federal Cabinet of Nigeria signing a bilateral agreement on behalf of Nigeria in Qatar,tradition demands that She(Kemi Adeosun) is accorded the same respect as the President as her presence carries as much authority with the President.

Under no circumstances should a person of her capacity be subjected to conform to the cultural/religious practice of the host country.

Kemi Adeosun is a Nigerian Minister visiting Qatar,she is a foreigner,therefore she is not bound by Qatari laws or culture which can't be enforced on her.

It is utmost disrespect for her person and Nigeria as a nation to see her subjected to covering her hair to please Qatari officials.This attempt of cowardice to Qatari Islamic custom denigrates the office of the Minister of Finance and totally against Global Practice.

Madam Kemi Adeosun,next time you find yourself in an Arab nation,refuse vehemently to cover your hair,their laws are not binding on you.You are their visitor and your person must be respected.
Fellow Nigerians, can we see how scared and completely intimidated this woman looks? She is totally out of her widths. This is what happens when you get a position based on bottom power and not by merit. Reminds me of this picture below. Subservience is the word. Yoruba people sef....

Meanwhile the spread of Sharia and Islamization continues...

Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by sweetgala(m): 8:29am On Feb 29, 2016
id911:

Let me ask you a question, when you said they "were appropriately dressed..." was it in solidarity with the host, in a different context or in signing bilateral agreements like our sister did?

What is a bilateral agreement if not a solidarity document on how two entities can co exist and develop on unified principles.

The premise of such an agreement is acknowledgement and respect by both entities and a resolve to cooperate towards a collective end.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by drss(m): 8:31am On Feb 29, 2016
chei! wat a disgrace. d islamization on d way.
Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by drss(m): 8:39am On Feb 29, 2016
nafiachi:
@op, I am a Muslim and my religion does not force it's teaching on non-muslims, I have no doubt it was out of courtesy from her part, after all other images u posted seems to contradict your conclusion even here in Nigeria women do these when they find themselves around other cultures.
We should actually praise Mrs Adeosun for showing the world how well trained culturally she is, a beautiful example of the yoruba culture.
I am proud of her.
anoda taqqiya disciple.
tell dat to d bayelsa family who's daughter was kidnaped n forced to convert to islam in kano. yeye dey smell.

4 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by UrbanMystique: 8:47am On Feb 29, 2016
This is just stupiid.

Why force her to wear it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Pictures Of Lawan And Amaechi At Tinubu's Campaign Flag-off Yesterday / Osinbajo Calls Hilda Baci On Phone (Photos) / Six Top Sex Scandals Involving Nigerian Politicians (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.