Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,956 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:11 PM

Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? (27055 Views)

Why Are Most Guys Unfaithful Even When They Have Loyal Or Beautiful Girlfriends? / Is It Okay For Girlfriends To Demand For An Allowance? / Why Do Guys Have To "DEMAND" For Sex?!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by badboym: 8:28pm On Jul 20, 2009
See that BIT$H wey call herself Sugabelle and all birds of the same feathers like am wey come here comedey talk rubbish.It to say all boys be like me na either all of una wey be gold diggers don start Ashawo work professionally or una find work do or else hunger go kill una.

This is why I tend to go for Prostitutes.I mean we agree on a fee , I screw she's happy and I am.All this so called Sisters are the worst.They're pretenders.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by ibelab(m): 8:32pm On Jul 20, 2009
@sugabelle, i got a question for u girl? Have ur guy ever bought u flowers? if ya don,t mind,
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by ThoniaSlim(f): 8:43pm On Jul 20, 2009
Oh geez can you peeps just get off sugarbelle's case. . .yes I do not agree with her own opinion. . .but she's got her own opinion. . .that's hers. . .you can't make her change it if she doesn't want too. . .so stop forcing it down her throat. . .gosh!!!!
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by platinumnk(f): 8:46pm On Jul 20, 2009
ThoniaSlim:

Oh geez can you peeps just get off sugarbelle's case. . .yes I do not agree with her own opinion. . .but she's got her own opinion. . .that's hers. . .you can't make her change it if she doesn't want too. . .gosh!!!!!

[glow=pink,2,300]Exactly!

If she gave her opinion, then so be it! I respect her for stating her opinion. This forum becomes less fun when ppl cant put an opinion without getting bashed sheesh! Some ppl are just posting to bash!  angry angry[/glow]
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by TheSeeker(m): 8:55pm On Jul 20, 2009
platinumnk:

[glow=pink,2,300]Exactly!

If she gave her opinion, then so be it! I respect her for stating her opinion. This forum becomes less fun when ppl cant put an opinion without getting bashed sheesh! Some ppl are just posting to bash!  angry angry[/glow]

If she got a bash from me, it's because she called me a "loser" or whatever the Bleep she said. Plus, I never really bashed her anyways. I stated my point and she came up on me saying some trash.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by platinumnk(f): 9:00pm On Jul 20, 2009
[glow=pink,2,300]I really didnt mean you, though I was surprised at ur posts, but the ones who come on the thread not to speak on the topic but to help out in bashing, when she wasnt speaking to them. [/glow]
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by TheSeeker(m): 9:02pm On Jul 20, 2009
@Platinumnk,
Which and what parts of my posts surprise you?
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by Kchikwelu: 9:06pm On Jul 20, 2009
Thats totally absurd because u can not put your girlfriend in a steady salary because she is not your  wife, i mean one can only do this if his is sure of getting married to her or if he is HELPLESSLY in love.

I pity such a man sha
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by chiogo(f): 9:09pm On Jul 20, 2009
Demand an allowance? LOL that's funny. But quick question to poster: does she live with you?

I mean dudes are going to complain about an 'ordinary girlfriend' asking for allowance. But if she lives in your house, cooks, cleans, does laundry, etc Basically playing 'house'/wife, what do you expect if not a monthly allowance? LOL

And if the reverse is the case whereby she doesn't live with you then, asking for allowance is totally absurd! I mean you already know to pay when you go on dates but that should be about it. After all, she used to get her hair done and wear new clothes before the two of you started dating. tongue But it should be the guy's decision if he wants to take her shopping and stuff; a girl shouldn't have to ask.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by platinumnk(f): 9:24pm On Jul 20, 2009
[glow=pink,2,300]Well Ive never seen u lose ur cool before, gotta sharp tounge grin [/glow]
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by debomb: 9:28pm On Jul 20, 2009
I dont agree with a girl demanding for money, That shouldn't even crop up if the r'ship is real.

Having said that, a guy who really  cares for you would not be happy seeing you lack as they would always want the best for you and vice versa.

Although,Its a totally different ball game when a guy , for instance, wears designers , obviously loaded and the gf is looking chav all in the name of looking to see if she is wife material. Thats crazy, i sooo hate to have any of those types around me, ieeeeeew!!

Its natural for girls to feel more comfortable with guys who they know can handle their part as regards finance and other responsibilities. It gives a sense of security which most girls sought for.  I have heard from the grapevine that if a guy doesn't spend on you, he is sure spending on someone else!. If he cant spend on you when not married, he will not spend on you when married.

There's a very thin line here, very sticky topic, circumstances and situations differ, it now really depends. So discernment is always required .
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by BlackRevo: 9:38pm On Jul 20, 2009
A man should only pay allowance to his wife if she is not working. I always believe both party should willingly do what ever they wish to do in other for the relationship to work without seeking for reward. Most of those things the girls claims to offer as excuse can be gotten cheaply through a house help and its not that the man cannot do those things for himself if he chooses.

chiogo:

Demand an allowance? LOL that's funny. But quick question to poster: does she live with you?

I mean dudes are going to complain about an ordinary girlfriend asking for allowance. But if she lives in your house, cooks, cleans, does laundry, etc Basically playing House/wife, what do you expect if not a monthly allowance? LOL

And if the reverse is the case whereby she doesn't live with you then, asking for allowance is totally absurd! I mean you already know to pay when you go on dates but that should be about it. After all, she used to get her hair done and wear new clothes before the two of you started dating. tongue But it should be the guy's decision if he wants to take her shopping and stuff; a girl shouldn't have to ask.

My sister those responsibilities you mentioned are meant for housewife's i mean married women and the other side taking care of a woman and providing for the home inclding allowance are the responsibilities of a married man and theirfore a husband. Which i will in my opinion term compulsory responsibilities but when relating it to bf/gf i think everything is totally obligatory and do what ever out of those task out of love without seeking any reward in return.
debomb:

I don't agree with a girl demanding for money, That shouldn't even crop up if the r'ship is real.

Having said that, a guy who really  cares for you would not be happy seeing you lack as they would always want the best for you and vice versa.

Although,Its a totally different ball game when a guy , for instance, wears designers , obviously loaded and the gf is looking chav all in the name of looking to see if she is wife material. TThat'scrazy, i sooo hate to have any of those types around me, ieeeeeew!!

Its natural for girls to feel more comfortable with guys who they know can handle their part as regards finance and other rresponsibilities It gives a sense of security which most girls sought for.  I have heard from the grapevine that if a guy doesn't spend on you, he is sure spending on someone else!. If he cant spend on you when not married, he will not spend on you when married.

There's a very thin line here, very sticky topic, circumstances and situations differ, it now really depends. So discernment is always required .

I like your connection about real relationship and girls demanding for money and other things you said in your post which i quite agree to.

Just like girls wants to feel comfortable about the responsibilities of the man is same as the man also wants to feel comfortable about the responsibilities of the girl like cooking and taking care of the home. So in agreeing with you my sister the ideal situation for a real relationship should be that everything above should be done naturally and out of a free will without any party seeking for a reward back for their actions.

Not girls saying that you have to spend for me because i cook, clean and give you sex which in my opinion reduces girls to prostitutes and house servants and also guys spending for girls and also asking for the above as a reward for their spending which reduces them to oppressors.

Mind you we both know that the highlighted above is the order of the day in Nigeria now.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by TheSeeker(m): 9:40pm On Jul 20, 2009
platinumnk:

[glow=pink,2,300]Well Ive never seen u lose ur cool before, gotta sharp tounge grin [/glow]
Well, she made me almost lose it there, although I must say I didn't lose my cool; I tried to contain it when I was leaving those posts. I have to agree though that the post where I lost my cool on the lady that posted if "Policewomen can make trustworthy wives" but somehow NL removed it for no specific reason because I remember I didn't cuss on there. As for Sugabelle, she's painting the other women bad. Men have this crazy premonition that every girl is always after their paper stashed in some bank accounts accessible by another set of papers and a plastic(checks and ATM card). The one that got me angry was when I made my opinion she said it's people like me that their girlfriends will sleep behind their backs . . . oh well she mentioned her boyfriend was different and I said he was a mugu. Whatever the Bleep she took that for I don't know but I remember I stated to her that I don't want to trade words with her so she'd bury it; little did I know she didn't deserve that, yet, I didn't want to unleash my venoms on her -- she won't stand it and I don't want people seeing me as a nuisance so I had to put it to her like it is. Women who depend on men for some kind of allowance are belittling themselves and selling their worth for some paper --- I have no regards for them -- they mean nothing than a housemaid except that you sleep with them.  
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by YankeeZulu: 9:48pm On Jul 20, 2009
Well, unlike some jumping to conclusions, I have taken the time to read from the first post to the last, and found out that the only people looking for trouble were those who picked on sugabelle's post from the second she made it. TheSeeker actually quoted her full post and called her a gold digger in his reply. From then on, it was just a travesty. Too bad because she never actually said a girl should demand an allowance from her bf, just that she expects a man to be financially supportive if the need be, or if he so wishes. It's a matter of choice, guys. It's a free freaking world, for chrissakes.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jul 20, 2009
Dear God!! All of you just grow up and stop instigating. She said, he said, I said.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by TheSeeker(m): 10:04pm On Jul 20, 2009
@YankeeZulu: In your book, what are the traits of a gold digger? I told her what she sounded like and I never directly called her that. I still repeat, a lazy lady will hope on a man for any kind of allowance; more pressure on that will make her a gold digger -- same goes for a man.

@FL Gators

Welcome aboard!
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by platinumnk(f): 10:10pm On Jul 20, 2009
@theseeker- Well from what ive seen in nigeria, a number of girls are "paid" through men.
I see what youre saying, but i think she was only being real, even though it is not not right.

I havent taken money from a man, and dont plan to, but I know girls who purposely brag about what their man does for them, blah blah. Some girls deem it a requirement that a man must do these things for them. undecided

@FL Gators, nice pic, and i posted a new chapter in the story! grin

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=295016.msg4220292#msg4220292
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by YankeeZulu: 10:18pm On Jul 20, 2009
Well, I won't say much, I've seen enough bad blood flowing in here, wouldn't want to stain myself with it. I have only learned one thing here though: in NL, silence is golden, bc you never know the caliber/mindset/maturity of the person that is going to react to your post. I only come around for information and, once in a while, a good laugh. But finding the latter on NL is becoming harder and harder. "Why does NL have to be like a battlefield, a battlefield----(pardon me, Jodie Sparks. . . tongue)
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by platinumnk(f): 10:23pm On Jul 20, 2009
hey yankee. . . are u in New Orleans?
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by na2day2(m): 10:24pm On Jul 20, 2009
what the heck is going on here? angry angry angry angry
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by TheSeeker(m): 10:34pm On Jul 20, 2009
@Na2Day: Ask Sugabelle.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by spikedcylinder: 10:36pm On Jul 20, 2009
Apparently, aunty sugbelle is the foul mouthed one as she went on yapping at everybody else that didn't support her ideas.
Sheesh. undecided
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by platinumnk(f): 10:41pm On Jul 20, 2009
Sigh sad
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by TheSeeker(m): 10:45pm On Jul 20, 2009
Sugar "Belle" = Sugar Stomach + Sugar Mouth + Sugar mind + Sugar thoughts + Sugar daddie = Gold digger =====>>> SugarBelle = Gold digger grin grin grin grin
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by ssmnigeria: 10:48pm On Jul 20, 2009
No be small thing oh,

Allowance, hmm, no be small thing oh, make she come collect am,

Allowance, this world don spoil finish!!!, no be small thing oh, hmmm, allowance,

A woman that you are not married to is a dangerous investment, it's risky enough you have invested your trust and life in another human being, now you want to finish yourself by paying allowance, chei, I just dey shake head,

Men, boys dey suffer oh, chei, no be small thing oh,
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by spikedcylinder: 10:49pm On Jul 20, 2009
platinumnk:

Sigh sad

Wetin happun? tongue
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by platinumnk(f): 10:51pm On Jul 20, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Wetin happun? tongue

Nairaland will not angry kill me one day grin
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by chi21: 10:56pm On Jul 20, 2009
If she is living with you. She has the right to ask for allowance because she have to cook for you and do things for you. If she not living with you can say yes or no is your opinion.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by shoboy9: 11:00pm On Jul 20, 2009
Giving is ok in a relationship.

A woman who can not take care of herself is at best immature and not fit to be called a woman.

It is a minus. If she DEMAND for money, she is at par with prostitutes.

Why will she not go for the guy that is more generous?

But freedom of choice is sacrosanct.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by na2day2(m): 11:03pm On Jul 20, 2009
TheSeeker:

@Na2Day: Ask Sugabelle.

oya sugabelle, report hia! angry angry angry angry
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by kaypumpin2(m): 11:04pm On Jul 20, 2009
Get paid allowance like some house-girls?
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by YankeeZulu: 11:14pm On Jul 20, 2009
I think it's time for someone to report this whole fiasco to a responsible body: I thought one of Seun's NL rules should be no bullying? This gang-up against sugabelle is incredibly infantile. But if moderators, both present here and absent, think this is proper conduct for members, then I think silence is the best answer.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

How To Propose To A Man / Nigerian Couple Who Met On Twitter Get Married / My Girlfriend Wants Part Of My Allowee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.