Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? (27059 Views)

Why Are Most Guys Unfaithful Even When They Have Loyal Or Beautiful Girlfriends? / Is It Okay For Girlfriends To Demand For An Allowance? / Why Do Guys Have To "DEMAND" For Sex?!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by otunoba1(m): 4:18pm On Jul 20, 2009
Shinatu:

I  consider myelf to be an independent woman, constantly appraised as one of the best in what I do to earn a living and do not believe in a girl demanding an allowance in a relationship, but I would advice any young woman to fleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee from a stingy man.

Stinginess is a vice that does not move alone, it goes around with it's brothers and sisters like insensitivity, selfcenteredness and irresponsibility

I was taught not to be materialistic and I think that has a fault because it prevented me from opening my eyes well to be able to identify stinginess.

Men start the materialism accusation when they want to eat their cake and have it, you are attracted to a girl who everytime looks like a movie star, her hair is renewed every week or two and you are happy to show her off to your friends, you see a natural beauty with a nice 'shuku' and you say she is not your spec. How do you expect the 'sweet babe' to take care of these things, if she is a student, how many parents give money for a beauty workover every week?

Many people still expect a girlfriend to wash clothes, plates(piled up) and clean up the whole house, they insist it shows how good a wife she would be, so these girls keep on labouring for the dangled carrots!
Shinatu, u re sitting on da fence, what is yur positionare u for or against cos i dont get ya
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jul 20, 2009
Men, materialism is simply everywhere. Me, I thank God for my girlfriend. I spend on her when I want to, and out of the fact that I care, not because she "demands" it. She cannot even "demand" because she is goal oriented, and independent, and career focused. In fact if I am broke she understands, and even supports me sef.
Any woman demanding for allowance isn't fit for anything good. Its not her right. Spending on your girlfriend is out of love. Its something that goes both ways. Its mutual. If she doesn't have, or I don't have, shes not going to go whoring around because of that. So people who say things like "She will go and screw around because you are stingy" simply do not get it. They make it feel as if its justified. Well its not. If she screws around, and catches AIDS because her bobo was too "Stingy" who will suffer?
Seriously, its amazing how some girls talk, and later on you will begin to complain that men do not respect you. Of course theres a line. A man who loves will want to care, and spend what he has. And vice versa. And if the woman cares about you, and knows where you stand, she's not gonna pester you for cash to do her hair if she knows you can't afford it, she can get it from her folks.
And no woman of honor will use that as an excuse to sleep around.
I think its just degrading.
Now lemme get back to work.

1 Like

Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by spikedcylinder: 4:31pm On Jul 20, 2009
sugabelle:

whitelexi or what ever you are called, I know your type, your antecedents and your level; you're not worth licking one of my toenails. You and that barely intelligible person who has posted above me^^^^^^^^, kelvinj. I won't repeat myself so I suggest you re-read my posts, but next time with more objectivity and maturity.

Later, you'll accuse other people of being insultive. See all the filth spewing from your mouth when you came under attack? It doesn't feel so nice does it? wink

sugabelle:

"The average Nigerian girl" does not enjoy feeling used. I've seen guys who doggedly go after a girl, pretending to love her, and feels its okay to want her to trust and love him enough to jump into bed with him before marriage, but can never lift a finger to help her when she's in need, just because he feels "it's over my dead body to give my gf money, is it payment etc. The bottom line of what I have been saying, is that, be more generous and trusting. Not everyone is a materialistic shark. Spending or giving does not make you a mugu. Yes, some girls have "scrapped" many guys, even using the money given by innocent bfs to finance their other bobos. Shit happens. But if you go into a r/ship thinking every girl who needs you to support her once in a while or regularly is a gold-digging leech, then too effing bad.

Feeling used equates to not being given money? What if you're given the money (because there's spare to burn) and you're still used as a rag regardless? Will that elevate your self esteem?
As iice said, if you need to make your hair, reach into your pocket. If you need to pay your bills, reach into your pocket. Asides birthdays, anniversaries and other important events in which a partner needs to give gifts (which should be reciprocal by the way), a boyfriend should not be regarded as a parent.
I have friends (even on NL) who are strong independent women. They have no other form of support for themselves and will never collect stipends from any man. These are the kind of people that earn my respect. Not some howling, hungry girl who grabs an opportunity with every man that is willing to giver her a nickel or two.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by femionasan(m): 4:40pm On Jul 20, 2009
Ride on Spiky! hehehehehehe!!!!!
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by chiejik(f): 4:41pm On Jul 20, 2009
no idea but the topic is all against ladies is not fair
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by whitelexi(m): 4:42pm On Jul 20, 2009
sugabelle:

whitelexi or what ever you are called, I know your type, your antecedents and your level; you're not worth licking one of my toenails. You and that barely intelligible person who has posted above me^^^^^^^^, kelvinj. I won't repeat myself so I suggest you re-read my posts, but next time with more objectivity and maturity.

Girl, i've heard some good things about u in the other thread where guys analyze girls. . .  but if this is how your tongue wags, then i'm sorry to say that some people surely have the wrong impression of u. Can u not take a joke? I just tried to play down your beef with TheSeeker and u wanna turn on me??

BTW who told u i'll even think of licking your dirty toes?? Thunder fire that your stinking mouth there, animal angry
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by hackney(m): 4:44pm On Jul 20, 2009
Me pay a girl allowance to be a girlfriend? hmmhmmhmm grin
I no sabi where ashawo dey stand?

Look at it however you like.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jul 20, 2009
This is also called prostitution. You don't have to stand on the road to be a harlot.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by spikedcylinder: 4:46pm On Jul 20, 2009
femionasan:

Ride on Spiky! hehehehehehe!!!!!

Sweetie, you know how I do. wink
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by ibileye(f): 4:48pm On Jul 20, 2009
When u dating a girl, u have to support her financially in one way or the other. It doesn't have to be an allowance, but u want ur woman to look beautiful, n radiant, then u have to support her, that's part of been a man.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by ashe2(f): 4:49pm On Jul 20, 2009
sadlove is givin i believe in give and take in lovin there is givin but she demandin an allowance is not appropraite of her, why do i feel u somehow exaggerated the gist?
@ ibileye; i do agree wit her but neverd- less
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by DaudaAbu(m): 4:49pm On Jul 20, 2009
Me tire  ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh,

dis topic they make me laff . Cos me i blive if girl ask me for money to buy anything i prefer to giv her half d amount and she shuld provide the remaining half. Gals that axccept dat and are greatful earn my respect.

there are guyz that once no longer in a r/ship will request the shoes and bag and what not materialistic things they bought 4 d gal to be returned to them. Me gsha i beliv whateva i've given i can do wtout there4 no need to request em back cos i dnt hav use 4 them.  

if my mum request somtin frm me at a time i dont hav i feel bad cos i kno there's no one i wanna spend my hard earned ego on like her!
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by sirt1(m): 4:50pm On Jul 20, 2009
@ Poster,

There is nothing wrong in taking care of your girlfriend, but when it becomes "a must do ritual", then flee the evil being.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jul 20, 2009
money for hand - open ya leg 180 degrees cheesy cheesy
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by kok(m): 5:07pm On Jul 20, 2009
sir t:

@ Poster,

There is nothing wrong in taking care of your girlfriend, but when it becomes "a must do ritual", then flee the evil being.

am on ur side!
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by justwise(m): 5:11pm On Jul 20, 2009
chiejik:

no idea but the topic is all against ladies is not fair

Yes women who ask for allowances
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by hackney(m): 5:23pm On Jul 20, 2009
Some people are asking men who question this allowance thing if they dont want their girls to look good.
Are you people mad?
So if she hasnt a boyfriend she wont look good.
She was looking good when i picked up her single ass; so how come she was looking good then?

I can understand a man doing stuff for his girl (which i think comes natural), but having a stipulated allowance?!!
That's a hooker situation in which case give the allowance to her hairy love-vendor round the corner.
bleeping hell,man.

In fact with my current GF , i do stuff like 'surprise' gifts of what she likes, the occasional shopping here and there, etc.
You know how you take her to oxford street and turn your fantasy looks into reality (all that curve).
But when it came to her indicating that her hair needs doing every month or so, i stopped the ones i was already doing.
then she realised that even passion(se.x) is a two-way thing and she cut the crap.
We both work for heaven's sake!!!

Some girls overrate their whatever and its just bullshit.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by platinumnk(f): 5:32pm On Jul 20, 2009
hackney:

Some people are asking men who question this allowance thing if they dont want their girls to look good.
Are you people mad?
So if she hasnt a boyfriend she wont look good.
She was looking good when i picked up her single ass; so how come she was looking good then?

I can understand a man doing stuff for his girl (which i think comes natural), but having a stipulated allowance?!!
That's a hooker situation in which case give the allowance to her hairy love-vendor round the corner.
bleeping hell,man.

[glow=pink,2,300]I support u fully jare! [/glow]
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by Witi(m): 5:36pm On Jul 20, 2009
A guy should practice the act of taking care of his family right from dating so that he will get use to it in marriage but don't support the idea of a woman mandating the man to give her allowance it should come from the man and that is how it will be sustainable.
It is the responsibility of a man to take care of the woman (Feeding, Clothing and Housing) although it may look primitive but that is how it is in Christianity.
One of the of the reason why guys are stingy is because we keep too many girls above our budget and setting the scale of preference we prefer to spend for a new catch than a the sure girl.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by RichyBlacK(m): 5:44pm On Jul 20, 2009
What if she doesn't have a job? Shouldn't the bf take care of her by supporting her financially? Just wondering.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by banom(m): 5:48pm On Jul 20, 2009
One common mistake i have noticed about most Nigerian girls is that they donk how to be smart and cunny enough to get what they want   from their boyfriends without any hard feelings,

they simply demand money from those guys as if the essence of relationship is for the guy to carry their whole problems and needs, they forget that it is some thing of mutual dependency, most times they have their way with some insecured guys,

when you want to get ,loot or exploit your boyfriend, start first by giving him, occasionaly reject the ones he gives you, give him the impression that you are not after money, you are after love and that you love him so much and you can do any thing for his love, once you have achieved this first task of giving him "false impression of your love for him," then you have opened a bigger room where you can plot your grand exploit,

That is how to do it, and not your usual timid way of asking for your petty needs, ( send me recharge card, buy me Bra, buy  me pant,buy me pad, buy me condom,buy me chewing gum,buy me sweet,buy me ice cream, buy me hair tie ,buy me skirt) like a hungry lizzard.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by hackney(m): 5:54pm On Jul 20, 2009
Lizzards indeed grin grin grin grin grin grin
LMAO

This guy you dey vex!!
especially for that Maitama where everything start from N3500; that place dey crase?
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by emilyone(f): 5:56pm On Jul 20, 2009
@ banon u wan make i explode with laughter ? grin
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by spikedcylinder: 5:58pm On Jul 20, 2009
banom:

and not your usual timid way of asking for your petty needs, ( send me recharge card, buy me Bra, buy  me pant,buy me pad, buy me condom,buy me chewing gum,buy me sweet,buy me ice cream, buy me hair tie ,buy me skirt) like a hungry lizzard.

Lol. My step brother gets terribly irritated by people like these. cheesy
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jul 20, 2009
banom:

That is how to do it, and not your usual timid way of asking for your petty needs, ( send me recharge card, buy me Bra, buy  me pant,buy me pad, buy me condom,buy me chewing gum,buy me sweet,buy me ice cream, buy me hair tie ,buy me skirt) like a hungry lizzard.
Lol when I was reading this, it sounded like a song cheesy
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jul 20, 2009
and not your usual timid way of asking for your petty needs, ( send me recharge card, buy me Bra, buy me pant,buy me pad, buy me condom,buy me chewing gum,buy me sweet,buy me ice cream, buy me hair tie ,buy me skirt) like a hungry lizzard.

sounds like a kid in supermarket cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by minute(f): 6:02pm On Jul 20, 2009
Thats freeloading.

If you give her an allowance she wont be motivated to find a job.

1 Like

Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by sugabelle: 6:03pm On Jul 20, 2009
Hmmn, whitelexi, now it's a joke, abi? Well, you told me what you thought of me, and I was merely returning the favour. Anyway, being who you are, I'm sure you know all about girls with stinking mouth. Animal lover. I still maintain, you no dey my category. Quench.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by sugabelle: 6:06pm On Jul 20, 2009
And as for you, spikedcylinder, thank you for that observation, but mine is not a habit like yours. You are a study in negativity, I only find it easy to retaliate when I feel wronged. Yours is just your modus operandi. But like you said, you know how you do. wink
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by whitelexi(m): 6:13pm On Jul 20, 2009
sugabelle:

Hmmn, whitelexi, now it's a joke, abi? Well, you told me what you thought of me, and I was merely returning the favour. Anyway, being who you are, I'm sure you know all about girls with stinking mouth. Animal lover. I still maintain, you no dey my category. Quench.

Damned right about that one, u r one low down dirty. . .  I certainly wont stoop down to your level. Na u go quench from the same odour oozing from your stinking mouth. People like u r too proud to apologise when u r dead wrong - trying to twist this into a joke was a huge waste cos i know a joke when i see one and u were abusive down there as other users observed, so dont try pulling any fast reversals. Before this incident i didnt even know u, now i know u to be a joke of a girl, piss off pls angry angry

Lick your toes my ass, u need to grow up.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by defman: 6:14pm On Jul 20, 2009
Na so I see something for facebook. Somebody was asking about how much an engagement ring should cost, na im all them yeye girls sef rush there dey open mouth dey make noise. Most of these our Naija girls sef, too materialistic!!
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by Meldrick(m): 6:16pm On Jul 20, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Feeling used equates to not being given money? What if you're given the money (because there's spare to burn) and you're still used as a rag regardless? Will that elevate your self esteem?
As iice said, if you need to make your hair, reach into your pocket. If you need to pay your bills, reach into your pocket. Asides birthdays, anniversaries and other important events in which a partner needs to give gifts (which should be reciprocal by the way), a boyfriend should not be regarded as a parent.
I have friends (even on NL) who are strong independent women. They have no other form of support for themselves and will never collect stipends from any man. These are the kind of people that earn my respect. Not some howling, hungry girl who grabs an opportunity with every man that is willing to giver her a nickel or two.[/color]

This is how you know a girl who was well brought up. Spike, keep up with your orientation and you will never be dissapointed by any man. Omo dada(Good Girl).

Some other ladies are there crying wolf that their boyfriend must keep them looking good. Spending on your girlfriend to look good should not be mandatory. I have guys who make real money and don't count it as anything spending money for girls but it doesn't stop them from using them and dumping them and I get crazy when some girls say afterall, I chop it money, ''Tufiakwa''. Is this the type of girl a man wants to marry.

Men respect ladies who don't give a danm about their money.
I met my present girlfriend and stuck to her because of her attitude. I asked myself whether these kind of girls still exist especially in Lagos. She never liked asking me for money. Anytime I feel like giving her something, she was used to the habit of telling me, I should not play her father's role. She will always tell me not to worry. At a point in time, I felt guilty and I had to call her and insisted that anytime I give her money, I don't intend playing her parents role. I insisted that she never refuses any money I give her. She realized I meant it and was upset when she rejects the money. She was not from a rich family but I began to love her more because I found out she understood the real meaning of ''CONTENTMENT''. That kind of girl will make a good wife and plan your home well.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Nigerian Couple Who Met On Twitter Get Married / My Girlfriend Wants Part Of My Allowee / Man Who Shaded Black Ladies Because Of His Oyinbo Girlfriend Claims His Ex Did

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.