Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,742 members, 7,955,829 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:22 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (240) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1333119 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) ... (1233) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Carsells(m): 6:41am On Dec 23, 2012
Bluetooth dongle can not install in my dv6 laptop with home premium vista operating system.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wolebaba(m): 9:16am On Dec 23, 2012
keemax:

Somebody please help. Thanks.

I think you app is not completely downloaded. Try using a download manager for your downloads. Could also be dat it gat corrupted.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wolebaba(m): 9:28am On Dec 23, 2012
deji2009:

@Farouk senior:

Pls make sure you go back to bios and load setup default

we made some changes and it's important to load default
before ading another hard drive

And [b]backup your data [/b]using a [b]usb hard drive enclosure [/b]and after that
reinstall windows. you need to connect the enclosure to another computer and would auto
detect your drive. read the instruction that came with the product or go to a copu tec shop
to get your data backup (if you have any)

@wolebaba pls has said it all.
we have done our 1st/2nd diags
now to the physicl bit. if you
live in abuja or lekki let me
know I may link you up with adewale
in abuja

Am based in Lagos, Isolo.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:27am On Dec 23, 2012
wolebaba:

Dont know anyone near isolo that I can
Vouch for. Try computer village or
adetwin.look for his id on this forum

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 7:29pm On Dec 23, 2012
Contact
ADETWIN IT CONCEPT ENT. We are into all kinds of IT SUPPORT Tel: 08133018196,07082998588 . U Dream It... We Fix It !
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 7:38pm On Dec 23, 2012
wolebaba:

adetwin: Contact
ADETWIN IT CONCEPT ENT. We are into all kinds of IT SUPPORT Tel: 08133018196,07082998588 . U Dream It... We Fix It !

adetwin: Contact

@ poster Give him a chance
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 9:55pm On Dec 23, 2012
brb...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by teejanjan: 10:43am On Dec 24, 2012
Pls I need ur assists,just got a laptop(hp 4.00gb ram n 64bits operating system.The is dat anytime I put an the system on starting it brings a message dat window activation...windows is not genuine,computer might be running a counterfeit copy of windows and dat I should get genuine nw or ask me later,pls what can I do and I'll like to know how much I can get I new HP battery too,thanks GOD ble
ss
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 11:47am On Dec 24, 2012
Gud morning, fellow Nigerians. I've been experiencing very poor internet services on my multilinks cdma router(made by axesstel) for the past one year. am seeking your kind opinions in two aspects:
1. which other router/internet plan is d best for cafes in ota, ogun state and how much does it cost?
2. is it true that you can browse with dstv decoder cos i have an old decoder(not the new pvr decoders) and a dstv dish. what other materials do i need and how much do they cost(with pictures please). pls share ur sucess stories in this regard with useful screenshots on how to make the connections.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 11:59am On Dec 24, 2012
bheegsam: Gud morning, fellow Nigerians. I've been experiencing very poor internet services on my multilinks cdma router(made by axesstel) for the past one year. am seeking your kind opinions in two aspects:
1. which other router/internet plan is d best for cafes in ota, ogun state and how much does it cost?
2. is it true that you can browse with dstv decoder cos i have an old decoder(not the new pvr decoders) and a dstv dish. what other materials do i need and how much do they cost(with pictures please). pls share ur sucess stories in this regard with useful screenshots on how to make the connections.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by vinceny200(m): 6:55pm On Dec 24, 2012
pls great nairalanders,when i switch on my toshiba laptop it begins to beep loud.making annoying noise for a long time which i have to remove the battery before i restart again.it just suddenly blanks off,which i have to remove battery again,except i start from safe mode b4 it works normally,pls great men what can be the cause and possible solutions,tks in advance.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wolebaba(m): 8:59pm On Dec 24, 2012
vinceny200: pls great nairalanders,when i switch on my toshiba laptop it begins to beep loud.making annoying noise for a long time which i have to remove the battery before i restart again.it just suddenly blanks off,which i have to remove battery again,except i start from safe mode b4 it works normally,pls great men what can be the cause and possible solutions,tks in advance.

How many beeps?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wolebaba(m): 9:02pm On Dec 24, 2012
teejanjan: Pls I need ur assists,just got a laptop(hp 4.00gb ram n 64bits operating system.The is dat anytime I put an the system on starting it brings a message dat window activation...windows is not genuine,computer might be running a counterfeit copy of windows and dat I should get genuine nw or ask me later,pls what can I do and I'll like to know how much I can get I new HP battery too,thanks GOD ble
ss

U were sold unregistered software. Go and buy another licence for your OS.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:11pm On Dec 24, 2012
teejanjan: Pls I need ur assists,just got a laptop(hp 4.00gb ram n 64bits operating system.The is dat anytime I put an the system on starting it brings a message dat window activation...windows is not genuine,computer might be running a counterfeit copy of windows and dat I should get genuine nw or ask me later,pls what can I do and I'll like to know how much I can get I new HP battery too,thanks GOD ble
ss

This happens because windows
Installed some updates.This
Update is used to detect any
Fake software.buy a copy of
your O/S Vista or Win 7 and
installed it. make sure is
compatible with your laptop
by checking the Manufacturer
website.Aviod buying from road side
seller they are bad one's. if you want
something just invest in one and forgot it.

here at nairaland [b]there's a rule [/b]not to provide
windwows keys. I follow that code of conduct at all time
because in my country we follow rules and regulation in everything we do.

I cannot dictate what people choose to do pls dont get me wrong.
I want to be part of people that eradicate software piracy from our system
it start from here. pls understand ths and beside you're vulnerable to trojans.

now days in nigeria people want money so they design the OS and sell to people
and the code extract some inform..from your computer and send it to them.
Thats the country for you. so pls buy one
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:14pm On Dec 24, 2012
wolebaba:

U were sold unregistered software. Go and buy another licence for your OS.

Beg your pardon didn't realise you've already replied
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:19pm On Dec 24, 2012
bheegsam: Gud morning, fellow Nigerians. I've been experiencing very poor internet services on my multilinks cdma router(made by axesstel) for the past one year. am seeking your kind opinions in two aspects:

Couldn't be of help, sorry ! wait for adetwin, adewasko, wolebaba, 4llenbutu, blackweaver, femi, skydancer
they are expert in these things. I live abroad and dont know about the nigeraia internet packages etc

I would advice that you conact adetwin
though i dont know them but [b]give them a chance
[/b]ADETWIN IT CONCEPT ENT. We are into all kinds of
IT SUPPORT Tel: 08133018196,07082998588
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wolebaba(m): 10:36pm On Dec 24, 2012
deji2009:

Beg your pardon didn't realise you've already replied

No issues boss
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wolebaba(m): 10:42pm On Dec 24, 2012

Am so sorry Sam, I cannot help you on this issue, I live in Lagos and I know only about the good ISPs in Lagos. I didn't respond before because I was trying to contact someone around where U are for advice but I have been unable to.

As for the DSTV use as a Modem, I have also heard it, but never tried with my decoder. I will seek answers for you and will get back soon.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Okwizzy(m): 11:48am On Dec 25, 2012
Pls I ve got a Toshiba Laptop dat has bn locked wit a bios password only known to my dad, nd now he's late, how do I unlock d password nd use d system again,,,, pls help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wolebaba(m): 1:20pm On Dec 25, 2012
Okwizzy: Pls I ve got a Toshiba Laptop dat has bn locked wit a bios password only known to my dad, nd now he's late, how do I unlock d password nd use d system again,,,, pls help

If you are techie enough; open it up, locate the CMOS battery and remove it for 5mins and return it back. That should clear the BIOS password.

If you not techie enough, take it to your nearest computer Eng.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Okwizzy(m): 3:20pm On Dec 25, 2012
wolebaba:

If you are techie enough; open it up, locate the CMOS battery and remove it for 5mins and return it back. That should clear the BIOS password.

thnx buh ve removed d b3 enof yet its not wotkin
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 5:52pm On Dec 25, 2012
Okwizzy: Pls I ve got a Toshiba Laptop dat has bn locked wit a bios password only known to my dad, nd now he's late, how do I unlock d password nd use d system again,,,, pls help

wolebaba:

wolebab advice should fix the problem.
I doubts if you haveremoved the cmos battery
because you didnt mention it in your post.
if you have no problem. 2nd option is to use
a software to unlock it by using google

best bet to take it to a laptop repairer

Some toshiba laptop dont unlock unless you
call toshiba customer support
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Parisfran(f): 12:21pm On Dec 26, 2012
Please I have a problem with my laptop. Some keys of the keyboard doesnt work, and the ones that work give wrong responses, for instance i'd press C and get W on my screen. Thanks in anticipaction.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by vinceny200(m): 4:26pm On Dec 26, 2012
wolebaba:

How many beeps?
continuous beep for about 3min.thks for ur concern @wolebaba
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 5:32pm On Dec 26, 2012
vinceny200:
continuous beep for about 3min.thks for ur concern @wolebaba

I just want to be clear

so basically, the laptop stop beeping when you start it in safemode

or did you booted to safe mode and then restart to normal windows and
the beep stop.which one is it ? there are 2 type of beeps

1. the basic input and outout system/power on selftest

2. keyboard stuck

Make sure you check each kb keys and make sure no is stuck/press down

What's the laptop model number e.g., toshiba p300-20h

not every bios are the same but we use similar approach

the classic one is a memory ram failure or keyboard key stuck

can you pls enter the bios pressing f2. does it enter the bios setup utility

if it does enter the bios thats good. press f9 or something like that to load setup dfault
and see if it'd work

can the cd dvd drive eject pls check it ? fan running ? keyboard keys not pressed down or stuck

if you can press f8 on start and see if you can get repair ur comp... windows is loading files recov...
if you do find memory test and see what happens

the bios code could be anything. is similar to a car that displayed oil symbol on the dashboard and yet
the car has oil. it could be anything. someone need to check it for you. on this forum l@@k 4 adetwin
they fix computer. i live abroad and dont know anyone
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Askedi(m): 8:09am On Dec 27, 2012
Hello, please I need your help my hp laptop's is blind but if its switched on it boots normally as if everything is working properly but the screen just remains blank. Any suggestion would be appreciated.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 2:06pm On Dec 27, 2012
Askedi: Hello, please I need your help my hp laptop's is blind but if its switched on it boots normally as if everything is working properly but the screen just remains blank. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Pls answer these in order

HP model number pls? e.g., HP DV6000

flashing white cursor on the black screen ?

Any peripherals attached ?

Is it Nvidia video graphics

can it boot to safe mode by pressing f8,
does this behavior happen when going to safe mode

we could run system restore in safe mode by turning the
clock to a time when it works ok

Has this been happening for a long time now ?

Enter the bios by f10 and run diagnostics Hard drive test,
if you have enough battery or if it is AC powered run the
memory test as well.so we know that they all ok.

Has it ever had a graphic re-flow before ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 4:34pm On Dec 27, 2012
Paris-fran:
Please I have a problem with my laptop. Some keys of the keyboard doesnt work, and the ones that work give wrong responses, for instance i'd press C and get W on my screen. Thanks in anticipaction.
1stly Ur Location ? Lets see how we can come around to help U fix d problem .... Contact ADETWIN IT CONCEPT ENT. We are into all kinds of IT SUPPORT Tel: 07082998588,08133018691
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Parisfran(f): 9:26pm On Dec 27, 2012
adetwin:
1stly Ur Location ? Lets see how we can come around to help U fix d problem .... Contact ADETWIN IT CONCEPT ENT. We are into all kinds of IT SUPPORT Tel: 07082998588,08133018691
i'm in PH now for the holidays, but I stay mostly in Lag.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Jeffy1206(m): 3:54am On Dec 28, 2012
Pls guyz I really need ur help on how to get. Internet download manager for ma pc.anytime I tried I was told dat ma trial period ova how do I get de product key?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 5:04am On Dec 28, 2012
Jeffy1206: Pls guyz I really need ur help on how to get. Internet download manager for ma pc.anytime I tried I was told dat ma trial period ova how do I get de product key?

Nairaland instructed us not to offer [/b]product key for [b]any software.

(1) (2) (3) ... (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) ... (1233) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.