Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,264 members, 7,818,897 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:37 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (433) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1269582 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mellorix: 7:43pm On Sep 25, 2014
Rotiix:
I appreciate your readiness &availability to solving people's problems bro. I'v fixed it sire, i removed and re plugged the ram. tnx

Great!. I am happy its fixed!

Regards
Mellorix
Free IT Support forum www.computerhant.com
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mellorix: 7:48pm On Sep 25, 2014
benpuzzy: thanks for ur kind response. Initially i thought it was charger problem, i changed the charger it didn't work, i bought another battery and the problem still persisted then the last engineer that i met said it may be charging point problem since it is too slow in charging but when it is fully charged, it last long. I felt like sharing the problem here to avoid wasting of money to buy another charging point.

Have you fixed this issue now? or you still have the issue and require assistance.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by benpuzzy(m): 8:06pm On Sep 25, 2014
Mellorix:

Have you fixed this issue now? or you still have the issue and require assistance.
Boss i need assistance cos i'm tired of d trial & error pattern of my engineer. Now i have two charger and battery and yet d probs is not solved, i was asked to buy a charging point, that mine is weak so i'm counting on ur professional advice.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mellorix: 8:48pm On Sep 25, 2014
benpuzzy: Boss i need assistance cos i'm tired of d trial & error pattern of my engineer. Now i have two charger and battery and yet d probs is not solved, i was asked to buy a charging point, that mine is weak so i'm counting on ur professional advice.

You do not have the correct battery charger specification and Voltage. what is the model of your laptop. Check underneath your laptop and tell me the number you see there. Then i will let you know the exactly battery voltage you need.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by HOYEHYEHMY: 9:27pm On Sep 25, 2014
Pls help!!! I bought my sys month+ ago hp pavilion touch screen. D sys is working perfectly but to my surprise d screen touch is no more responding.... Pls any prob wit d sys n can touch works again?
Awaiting ur responses. Tnks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ify84(m): 9:58pm On Sep 25, 2014
Mellorix:

Are you using Etisalat SIM?

mtn sim.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:52pm On Sep 25, 2014
benpuzzy: I want to thank the gurus in the house for jobs well done. Please i will like to share this problem with the full hope that the solution will surely emanate. My Laptop doesn't charge faster, though once fully charged it last upto 4hrs. I have changed the charger and battery but to no avail. My other Laptops don't stay upto 2hrs before it is fully charged but this particular Laptop, if charge overnight, it will be showing btw 45-57%, pls kindly advice me on any available solution to my Problem since i know that it is neither battery nor charger problems, thanks.

What is the full model number of the laptop?

For example Toshiba p300-20h windows vista

The charging port, is it loosed? Connect the charger and wiggle it, can you feel something loose or the LED lights blinking ?

Let the battery run down until the laptop promo you to charge it. Charge it to 100 percents and observe any changes. Don't charge it twice just once till it reaches 100%
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 7:27am On Sep 26, 2014
HOYEHYEHMY: Pls help!!! I bought my sys month+ ago hp pavilion touch screen. D sys is working perfectly but to my surprise d screen touch is no more responding.... Pls any prob wit d sys n can touch works again?
Awaiting ur responses. Tnks

There is a diagnostic on the intranet for this.

Google hp touch screen trouble shooting
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 7:39am On Sep 26, 2014
RichardSheddy:

Thanks for your response.
1. how can i use Microsoft auto fix sound.
2. I try to run sound video and game controller but the startup check failed and the + sign was not there for me to uninstall and restart.

shutting down issue

is the laptop fan making a grinding noise ?
No noise.

is the laptop on the bed or a flat surface ?
On flat surface.

when was it last serviced ? any blue screen
It have not development any fault before now.

Does it switched off when playing movie or at what point

any time I boot it.
for now it does not stay up to 2 minuutes after booting.

still assist pls.

When you download the auto fix click on run

And follow the instructions.

Good device manager and use to uninstall your sound driver only.

You could check the memory ram
And remove one at a time to see which ram
Memory is causing the problem. You can google it yourself on how to remove your tam. I'd adviced that you take to a technician
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by akp202(m): 8:23am On Sep 26, 2014
i have asked before but no one seems to be responding to me....have been using my pc window media player but right now when i try to use it to play music it say server execution failed....pls any solution to this? i kind of discover this after cleaning junk files from my system.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:43am On Sep 26, 2014
akp202: i have asked before but no one seems to be responding to me....have been using my pc window media player but right now when i try to use it to play music it say server execution failed....pls any solution to this? i kind of discover this after cleaning junk files from my system.

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20091222213747AA1Ef34

if that doens't work google system restore and
follow the instructions to complete the restore
to an earlier it works, i.e. you could restore the
system to a 5 before the problem started

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by HOYEHYEHMY: 10:34am On Sep 26, 2014
Cudnt find it on google, is dia any other way?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 11:09am On Sep 26, 2014
HOYEHYEHMY: Cudnt find it on google, is dia any other way?

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/troubleshooting.html

enter the laptop model number and
you'd find frequently ask questions
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by akp202(m): 1:25pm On Sep 26, 2014
deji2009:

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20091222213747AA1Ef34

if that doens't work google system restore and
follow the instructions to complete the restore
to an earlier it works, i.e. you could restore the
system to a 5 before the problem started
have tried all steps on d site u sent to me but did nt work although i have nt try dis step below .i cant find local users and groups under system tools.....am using window 7
>>Right click "Computer"
>>Click "Manage"
>>Under the "System Tools" section,
Double click "Local Users and Groups"
>>Click "Groups"
>>Right click "Administrators"
>>Click "Add to group..."
>>Click "Add"
>>Click "Advanced"
>>Click "Find Now"
>>Double click "Local Service"
>>Click "Ok"
>>"NT Authority\Local Service" should
show up in the list now
>>Click "Ok"
>>Close Computer Management and
reboot.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by roufy235(m): 4:32pm On Sep 26, 2014
deji2009:

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/troubleshooting.html

enter the laptop model number and
you'd find frequently ask questions
good afternoon. I have a mini laptop running windows 8. I tried to open an application but the app requires .net framework 3.5 so i clicked on download and the download was not going because i waited for like 10mins and i was connected to the internet. What am asking now is that is there a way to install it offline because i have downloaded the setup with my phone on microsoft website but still directing me to the internet.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 5:06pm On Sep 26, 2014
akp202:
have tried all steps on d site u sent to me but did nt work although i have nt try dis step below .i cant find local users and groups under system tools.....am using window 7
>>Right click "Computer"
>>Click "Manage"
>>Under the "System Tools" section,
Double click "Local Users and Groups"
>>Click "Groups"
>>Right click "Administrators"
>>Click "Add to group..."
>>Click "Add"
>>Click "Advanced"
>>Click "Find Now"
>>Double click "Local Service"
>>Click "Ok"
>>"NT Authority\Local Service" should
show up in the list now
>>Click "Ok"
>>Close Computer Management and
reboot.

have you system restored it ?

Also google uninstall
media player and then download the
latest windows media player 11 or do you have
windows media 11
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 5:09pm On Sep 26, 2014
roufy235: good afternoon. I have a mini laptop running windows 8. I tried to open an application but the app requires .net framework 3.5 so i clicked on download and the download was not going because i waited for like 10mins and i was connected to the internet. What am asking now is that is there a way to install it offline because i have downloaded the setup with my phone on microsoft website but still directing me to the internet.

I am not really sure how internet works in nigeria; but you could just let it download until it finish because it is
important that the laptop install the .net frame work straight from the internet to your system or
if u have a memory ssd card in your phone insert into an ssd memory adaptor and into your laptop. I'm afraid,

I couldn't be of help more than that given the poor internet connection in nigeria, it can be hard to advice of another alternatives
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mellorix: 6:01pm On Sep 26, 2014
akp202: i have asked before but no one seems to be responding to me....have been using my pc window media player but right now when i try to use it to play music it say server execution failed....pls any solution to this? i kind of discover this after cleaning junk files from my system.

Solution:

To resolve this problem, you would have to uninstall Windows Media player and install again. Please follow the procedure below

Uninstalling and Reinstalling the Windows Media Player:

Step 1.
Uninstalling the Windows Media Player:
1. Go to Start and in the search type "Turn Windows features On or Off".
2. Click on "Turn Windows features On or Off".
3. Browse to the Media Features and uncheck the mark in front of Windows Media Player.
4. Restart the computer

Step 2.
Reinstalling the Windows Media Player:
1. Go to Start and in the search type "Turn Windows features On or Off".
2. Click on "Turn Windows features On or Off".
3. Browse to the Media Features and place a check mark in front of Windows Media Player.
4. Restart the Computer

Now your windows Media play should work fine.

(P.S - why are you using windows media player. i hate it. Why not download VLC player. its the best.)

Regards

Mellorix
www.computerhant.com
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mellorix: 6:13pm On Sep 26, 2014
roufy235: good afternoon. I have a mini laptop running windows 8. I tried to open an application but the app requires .net framework 3.5 so i clicked on download and the download was not going because i waited for like 10mins and i was connected to the internet. What am asking now is that is there a way to install it offline because i have downloaded the setup with my phone on microsoft website but still directing me to the internet.

Solution

You can install .net 3.5 on your windows 8 by going to the link below.

http://www.askvg.com/download-microsoft-net-framework-3-5-offline-installer-for-windows-8/

What you need to download is ".net framwork 3.5 standalone offline installer". this will download the full .net for you with out the need for internet connection. what you are downloading with your phone is not the standalone version.

Regards
Mellorix
www.ComputerHant.com
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by mgb4reel(m): 6:45pm On Sep 26, 2014
A big kudos to all the big BOSS in the house. Have got something giving me headache and am sure u guys will be more than willing to help. I have a system that would not just boot again because it says the hdd has crashed. How do i solve this problem because have got a lots of important stuff on it that need to get back ? How do i go about this pls or is it all gone embarassed ? Thanks for your quick response.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by mgb4reel(m): 6:47pm On Sep 26, 2014
mgb4reel: A big kudos to all the big BOSS in the house. Have got something giving me headache and am sure u guys will be more than willing to help. I have a system that would not just boot again because it says the hdd has crashed. How do i solve this problem because have got a lots of important stuff on it that I need to get back ? How do i go about this pls or is it all gone embarassed ? Thanks for your quick response.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 7:07pm On Sep 26, 2014
mgb4reel: A big kudos to all the big BOSS in the house. Have got something giving me headache and am sure u guys will be more than willing to help. I have a system that would not just boot again because it says the hdd has crashed. How do i solve this problem because have got a lots of important stuff on it that need to get back ? How do i go about this pls or is it all gone embarassed ? Thanks for your quick response.

First off you need a new hard drive. Crashed hard drives are virtually unrepairable. As for the files you can try to recover them using a recovery software. If its a laptop you will also need to put the crashed HDD in an external HDD casing to access it.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by mgb4reel(m): 7:35pm On Sep 26, 2014
That sound ash but thanks for going straight to the point. What recovery software can i use? could u recommend one? How do I go about it? Thanks bro
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by mgb4reel(m): 7:36pm On Sep 26, 2014
LordReed:

First off you need a new hard drive. Crashed hard drives are virtually unrepairable. As for the files you can try to recover them using a recovery software. If its a laptop you will also need to put the crashed HDD in an external HDD casing to access it.
That sound ash but thanks for going straight to the point. What recovery software can i use? could u recommend one? How do I go about it? Thanks bro
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 8:29pm On Sep 26, 2014
mgb4reel:

Install your new HDD into the system, install your Windows OS, then download and install Recuva.

Put your crashed HDD in an external HDD casing or if it is a desktop just leave it in. Run Recuva and see if it can get your files back.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by roufy235(m): 9:01pm On Sep 26, 2014
Mellorix:

Solution

You can install .net 3.5 on your windows 8 by going to the link below.

http://www.askvg.com/download-microsoft-net-framework-3-5-offline-installer-for-windows-8/

What you need to download is ".net framwork 3.5 standalone offline installer". this will download the full .net for you with out the need for internet connection. what you are downloading with your phone is not the standalone version.

Regards
Mellorix
www.ComputerHant.com
thanks i will try it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by roufy235(m): 9:02pm On Sep 26, 2014
deji2009:

I am not really sure how internet works in nigeria; but you could just let it download until it finish because it is
important that the laptop install the .net frame work straight from the internet to your system or
if u have a memory ssd card in your phone insert into an ssd memory adaptor and into your laptop. I'm afraid,

I couldn't be of help more than that given the poor internet connection in nigeria, it can be hard to advice of another alternatives
thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horrpeyemi: 10:55pm On Sep 26, 2014
guys please help my ip-address is showing lag when am at kwara how do i change this
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by saintpn(f): 11:04pm On Sep 26, 2014
please help my laptop screen is black! any time i switch on my laptop (hp pavilion) the screen remains black while the keyboard lights keep showing. what should i do angry
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 7:35am On Sep 27, 2014
saintpn: please help my laptop screen is black! any time i switch on my laptop (hp pavilion) the screen remains black while the keyboard lights keep showing. what should i do angry

What is the make and model number of your laptop? For example, Toshiba p300-20h windows 7. Google atx reset and follow the instructions. Is your laptop an nvidia ? Look on the labels
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bright007(f): 10:11am On Sep 27, 2014
Many time when working on my system, it just
brings on a blue screen and that is it.......then all i
see next is a text that goes like this:
Your PC ran into a problem
This problem caused your PC to restart. You can
send info to Microsoft about what went wrong to
help us improve windows.
Files that would be sent to Microsoft
C:\Windows\Minidump\092614-42073-01.dmp
C:\Users\bright\AppData\local\Temp\Wemp
\WER-44069720-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP
blablabla
pls computer guru out there, what do i do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by brainny74(m): 2:38pm On Sep 27, 2014
All the gurus in the house, pls oooo I need serious help here oo cry
I have a Hp pavilion dv6 using windows 7 32bits, my problem started ƒ late, wen I open any folder or app on the home sreen it brings out the shortcut and immediately my keyboards will seize and will never work again, at times I will have †φ hit on the Esp button many times only for it †φ start again a few seconds later, I'm tired ƒ the whole issue and I need your expertise on this....pls help me oooo thnks in advance

(1) (2) (3) ... (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.