Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:09 AM

Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process - Travel (86) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (276697 Views)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Advice On Visa Appeal / Uk Student Visa Appeal Or Immediate Reapplication (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (116) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by luxoire(f): 12:12pm On Jul 07, 2009
Hope some of the legal minds in here can be of help.

my bf applied for PSW visa based on the new points based system. Initially he was refused due to a problem with fees. After the intervention of the MP, he was granted a second chance to enter a fresh application.
Which he did. He met all other criteria but for the maintenance funds. He had the maintenance funds on his accounts for 3month and 3days before the application, but on the 23rd of Feb thinking that the 3months was sufficient he withdrew the funds and used it for something else. Unfortunately his savings passbook does not end till the 23rd of Feb therefore showing this withdrawal and as he didnt make his application till 9/03 the decision came back last week rejected on grounds on insufficient maintenance funds with no right to appeal. he's been here 6yrs now.

Where to go from here, i don't know. Any ideas?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by tunnytox(m): 2:26pm On Jul 07, 2009
luxoire:

Hope some of the legal minds in here can be of help.

my bf applied for PSW visa based on the new points based system. Initially he was refused due to a problem with fees. After the intervention of the MP, he was granted a second chance to enter a fresh application.
Which he did. He met all other criteria but for the maintenance funds. He had the maintenance funds on his accounts for 3month and 3days before the application, but on the 23rd of Feb thinking that the 3months was sufficient he withdrew the funds and used it for something else. Unfortunately his savings passbook does not end till the 23rd of Feb therefore showing this withdrawal and as he didnt make his application till 9/03 the decision came back last week rejected on grounds on insufficient maintenance funds with no right to appeal. he's been here 6yrs now.

Where to go from here, i don't know. Any ideas?

This is very unfortunate, a lot of students who applied for PSW visa has similar problems. Its always worth it to wait until a decison has been made on one's visa application before money is withdrawn from bank account.
The options available for your bf will depends on a lot of factors, firstly his present immigration status will determine whether he can submit another valid application here in the UK or not. If his student leave to remain is still valid for up to 4 months then he could simply wait for another 3 months and submit another application. However, if his leave to remain has expired he can not make any valid application while in the UK, if he does make an application there is a very high probability that he will be rejected and this might even compound his problems.

If his leave to remain has expired or is about to expire, I will advise that he should leave the UK and make another application for PSW in his home country, this application will still be valid provided he meets the required maintenance fund and applied within a one year period after graduation.

I hope this helps

Goodluck
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Akolawole(m): 1:07pm On Jul 08, 2009
@Ismael

I lost my phone.

Alafia ko?

At your convenience, call me on my MTN number?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by lastpage: 12:34am On Jul 10, 2009
Can anyone please assist with my question, (no guesswork pls)

Can one "delay" or "extend" one's VISA, for genuine and legitimate reasons?

Let me clarify:
If l won a VISA-Appeal process with AIT (after one year processing!) and l am told to go to the local embassy to get my passport stamped, for say a six months VISA. Right now, l am hospitalized due to a recent 'Okada accident' and in no way to travel in the next six months (broken leg!).

Can l tell the embassy that
(a) l want the VISA to be effective from say January 2010 (instead of next week) to June 2010, when l feel l will be in good health and able to travel?
(b)Would Hospital Bills and the visible POP marks on my leg be enough "proof' for them?

What are my options in this scenario, from the embassy's point of view?

Thanks.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by mikkko: 12:07pm On Jul 10, 2009
It is very possible, but i'm not too sure o f the procedures round about that.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by lastpage: 6:57pm On Jul 10, 2009
@mikko
Very possible,
Thanks Mikko.
Lawyer, Akolawole and the rest of the "immigration gurus", where art thou?
Pls chip-in.
Lastpage
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by passionup: 7:37pm On Jul 11, 2009
Hello all the immigration gurus in the house .
I need your help. I appealed against THE ECO:s decision denying my student visa applicaion and the date for hearing was 27th may 2009. Up till this moment ,i havent heard from AIT what their decision was.I want to know how i can check for the decision of the hearing so that i can move on with my life as it seems i am getting apprehensive over this issue and its slowing me down in decision making as per my life.Any information will greatly help now .Tahnks in advance
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by shanga(m): 8:55am On Jul 12, 2009
@passionup
contact customer care and they will inform you on the progress of your appeal (customer.service@tribunals.gsi.gov.uk).i am still witing 4 my hearing date.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by lastpage: 4:13pm On Jul 12, 2009
HAVE THE PEOPLE GONE ON SUMMER HOLIDAYS?

I will be forced o re-post this question, help seems far off?

"Can anyone please assist with my question, (no guesswork pls)

Can one "delay" or "extend" one's VISA, for genuine and legitimate reasons?

Let me clarify:
If l won a VISA-Appeal process with AIT (after one year processing!) and l am told to go to the local embassy to get my passport stamped, for say a six months VISA. Right now, l am hospitalized due to a recent 'Okada accident' and in no way to travel in the next six months (broken leg!).

Can l tell the embassy that
(a) l want the VISA to be effective from say January 2010 (instead of next week) to June 2010, when l feel l will be in good health and able to travel?
(b)Would Hospital Bills and the visible POP marks on my leg be enough "proof' for them?

What are my options in this scenario, from the embassy's point of view?

Thanks.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by passionup: 8:58pm On Jul 12, 2009
@shanga, thanks man, i will get to them tommorrow.cheers
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by shanga(m): 12:53am On Jul 13, 2009
@awoll.

what is the situation on ground on ur visa?have u collected ur passport from the embassy?i want to know becos i am really praying 4 ur success.wishing u best of luck.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by funkybaby(f): 11:51am On Jul 13, 2009
Akolawole:

@Ismael

I lost my phone.

Alafia ko?

At your convenience, call me on my MTN number?

itumo?
wink
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by DrKitaun(m): 7:10pm On Jul 14, 2009
funkybaby:

itumo?
wink

ur yoruba is so piss-poor shocked embarassed
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by denmzy47: 11:33pm On Jul 14, 2009
funkybaby, Akolawole, I need your attention on this subject; why would the embassy hold on to one' s passport after you had won an appeal and with all relevant document submitted for collection,u were being given a slip for collection and after 1 month and some 3 weeks they still tell you its not ready for collection. what do you think must have happened and why the delay? and during this period of 1 month and 3 weeks you had mailed and called them severally and the response they give is that,its still worked upon or nit yet ready check back next week.Am really worried about these, do pls help me out on what step to take on dis issue.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by folajide(f): 2:30pm On Jul 15, 2009
Members of the honorable forum i have an appeal. Please I need your advise, Thanks you while i await your advise.

Below are the decisions of the ECO,
You have applied to visit the UK and you submitted a hotel booking for Rochelle hotel in Blackpool.you have not explained why you intend to visit Blackpool, as a first time visitor traveling alone.

You have stated in your visa application form that you work at YXZ and that you earn N560, 000(2333 at the current exchange rate of N240) per month. You have failed to submit satisfactory documentary evidence of your claimed earning, for example your pay slips or income Tax clearance certificate, i am not satisfied from the evidence produced and on a balance of probabilities that your employment and economic circumstance are as claimed.
Therefore, on the balance of probabilities, i am not satisfied you will be maintained and accommodated in the UK without or having recourse to public funds or are able to meet the cost of return or an onward journey as required by paragraph, 41[VI] and[Vii] of HC395
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by funkybaby(f): 4:19pm On Jul 15, 2009
Dr Kitaun:

ur yoruba is so piss-poor shocked embarassed

Lol. o se oh grin

how are you?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by funkybaby(f): 4:26pm On Jul 15, 2009
folajide:

Members of the honorable forum i have an appeal. Please I need your advise, Thanks you while i await your advise.

Below are the decisions of the ECO,
You have applied to visit the UK and you submitted a hotel booking for Rochelle hotel in[b] Blackpoo[/b]l.y[b]ou have not explained why you intend to visit Blackpool,[/b] as a first time visitor traveling alone.

You have stated in your visa application form that you work at YXZ and that you earn N560, 000(2333 at the current exchange rate of N240) per month. You have failed to submit satisfactory documentary evidence of your claimed earning, for example your pay slips or income Tax clearance certificate, i am not satisfied from the evidence produced and on a balance of probabilities that your employment and economic circumstance are as claimed.
Therefore, on the balance of probabilities, i am not satisfied you will be maintained and accommodated in the UK without or having recourse to public funds or are able to meet the cost of return or an onward journey as required by paragraph, 41[VI] and[Vii] of HC395

Blackpool ? undecided

Since when did that become a major tourist attraction in UK?

Obviously your application had many flaws.

I'll advise you re-apply and include all necessary documentation and stress on the main reason why you want to go to the UK . . . tourism
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by VOR(m): 5:35pm On Jul 15, 2009
funkybaby:

Blackpool ? undecided

Since when did that become a major tourist attraction in UK?

Obviously your application had many flaws.

I'll advise you re-apply and include all necessary documentation and stress on the main reason why you want to go to the UK . . . tourism

Hiya Funky,

actually while Blackpool is not as popular as it once was as a tourist destination in the UK, it is still one of the main seaside resorts here. Still, it is a little odd why a first time visitor might want to visit here particularly. London would normally be the first choice and if it is the seaside the poster wants then there are several seaside resorts within 1-2 hours of London.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by awoll(f): 6:43pm On Jul 16, 2009
hi shanga,

how are you? yes, i'v been given my visa and go to the uk next week. i got it ont the day i was told to be at the embassy for collection,

i wish you all the best and Godspeed in your process,
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by ojodudu: 12:20pm On Jul 20, 2009
Praise the Lord with me, all Nairalanders. Yes, please do.
I opened my emails this morning and got a mail from the British Embassy Visa section that my 2008 UK Student Visa Appeal is successful (Appeal Successful). I was directed to come to the embassy with my updated admission letter, sponsor's accounts and international passport. A little bit of history for you to understand this. I applied for Student Visa last year, but was denied thrice despite the fact that I paid all the tuition fees and accommodation fees. On three occasion it was on one flimsy excuse or the other: Course not relevant, fees not paid (when there were evidences to show it was fully paid), not enough money (my sponsor account had over 20million naira). I asked for an administrative review, I was again denied.
So I submitted my appeal papers at the end of November 2008. After this I just forgot about the whole thing. As at March this year, no notice, no correspondence from the tribunal, I decided to take another route, I applied to another university outside the 2008 one. I was given unconditional admission, paid the tuition and accommodation fees.
To cut the long story short, I was to submit the new application tomorrow when I saw this mail from the Embassy today. I have packaged the documents, got my visa letter from the new uni, have more than enough in my maintenance account (over 10,000 pounds).
The problem now is the email said I should come to the embassy with an updated letter from same university, same course. My dilemma now is, I have chosen same course but changed uni. I decided to abandon my 2008 uni, cos I thought the appeal was not going through as I had no information from them.
Please good people in the house, do I go ahead to the embassy with the new admission letter, visa letter and all other documents in place or what do I do.
Thank you as I wait your responses.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by TonyTone1: 6:27pm On Jul 20, 2009
@ojodudu congrats on ur visa approval, Did they emphasize on the same Uni or the letter reads updated unconditional offer from the school. Any ways I had the same case like u in 2007 and got the same Email but i went to the embassy with a different University cause i tot the one i chose in london earlier wasnt gud enough. My visa was stamped 1 wk of submission of the updated documents, so i think you can change uni it doesnt matter. Cheers mate
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by ojodudu: 6:36pm On Jul 20, 2009
Thanks Tony Tone.
The email said from same university. But I have been advised to include a letter explaining my reasons for changing university, something like I will get more support at the new uni.
Yours kinda build up my confidence more. I shall be travelling to Abuja tomorrow to drop them off.
For more clarification, the admission was for a Masters Degree programme.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by arthuryemi(m): 7:51pm On Jul 21, 2009
intresting topic
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by samdams: 1:01pm On Jul 23, 2009
hello to every one in the house ,,,i want you to all help me thank God , i went to the embassy yesterday to get my application for the new point base system student visa,, to god be the glory i was granted 3 yrs and 3 months , praise the lord for me , thanks for all ur support mr kadman, believe in yourself and always pray cause he answered when u ask. one love
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by yettidear(f): 2:48pm On Jul 23, 2009
Hi y'all,

I have been following this thread carefully from the beginning and I thank God for the great contributors here. You guys really helped me with alot of info.

I was rejected last yr at the BHC due to the tax doc i submitted with my application -pls check full story on the General Uk enquiries thread.I thought that was the end of the world,but today 9 months later i have my US visa. I was skeptical of using the same passport in order to avoid issues,but i trusted God and went ahead. It was all God!!!

My advice to ppl out there is that when you are rejected at an embassy it's not the end world. God might just be preparing you for the best like He did for me.

I would like to thank ppl like Akolawole,FunkyBaby,kadman,presjany,shawamma,Ojewole, others and even vikoviko who rose to help me out of the tax clearance mess.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by dearstan(m): 6:59pm On Jul 23, 2009
yettidear:

Hi y'all,

I have been following this thread carefully from the beginning and I thank God for the great contributors here. You guys really helped me with alot of info.

I was rejected last yr at the BHC due to the tax doc i submitted with my application -pls check full story on the General Uk enquiries thread.I thought that was the end of the world,but today 9 months later i have my US visa. I was skeptical of using the same passport in order to avoid issues,but i trusted God and went ahead. It was all God!!!

My advice to ppl out there is that when you are rejected at an embassy it's not the end world. God might just be preparing you for the best like He did for me.

I would like to thank ppl like Akolawole,FunkyBaby,kadman,presjany,shawamma,Ojewole, others and even vikoviko who rose to help me out of the tax clearance mess.

Congrats oh. I am happy for you after going through what you did last year. Is it a student visa you got? Did you go through an agent?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by yettidear(f): 11:21pm On Jul 24, 2009
@dearstan

Thanks alot! Yes,i got a student visa for my MSc program.

No! I didnt go to an agent.One of the lessons i learnt last year was that you are the one with anything at stake not anyone else. Some agents can mislead you and they have nothing much to lose.just try to get genuine info,ask ppl,google out info etc.

All the best!
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by yettidear(f): 11:22pm On Jul 24, 2009
@dearstan

Thanks alot! Yes,i got a student visa for my MSc program.

No! I didnt go to an agent.One of the lessons i learnt last year was that you are the one with anything at stake not anyone else. Some agents can mislead you and they have nothing much to lose.just try to get genuine info,ask ppl,google out info etc.

All the best!
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by mikkko: 8:20am On Jul 25, 2009
Good people in the House, what does " YOUR VISA APPLICATION HAS BEEN APPROVED AND IS READY FOR COLLECTION" means ?
Sometimes English could be, guess u know what i mean, kindly expantiate, are there any conditions attached to this statement ?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by onasnuga: 3:18am On Jul 26, 2009
Can some1 help me out here pls? I need to go to the U.K to visit a friend as soon as possible being a green card holder though due for U.S citizenship but the USIC are kind of backed-up (backlog) they told me it might take me 3 to 4 months to be processed and then another 4 weeks to process expedited U.S passport so I decided to use my Naija pali apply for U.K visa here in Chicago but to my utmost suprise I was refused on the ground that there was no proof that am the owner of the company under which I work and presented statements of accounts and payslips and was told to appeal which I already did by sending more than enough documents to proof me as the owner.

Pls do you think they might take my appeal to the AIT in London? and if they do how long does the appeal process takes if its gonna take forever I can just begin my citizenship process so I can make the trip by December or so!

does appeal process has a time frame?

Thanks
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by erico2k2(m): 11:48am On Jul 27, 2009
Man nah wah oh, nah wen I go get same storey to tell nah,my own case far oh,will updat yah all wen its all over soon I pray in Jesus name,can I ava Amen
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by mikkko: 3:15pm On Jul 27, 2009
Good people of the house, even thoe i got few responses regarding my issue. But i was able to have some hints.

I finally Got my VISA today, 1 year 3 days of Appeal process.

GLORY BE TO THE LORD ALMIGHTY. HE IS TRULY THE KINGS OF KINGS AND THE LORDS OF LORDS, JEHOVA JIREH.

E WA BAMI GBE IGBA OPE OOOOOOO

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (116)

Bus Fare Within Nigeria / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 / Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.