Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,743 members, 7,824,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (276692 Views)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Advice On Visa Appeal / Uk Student Visa Appeal Or Immediate Reapplication (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (116) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by babajee2: 12:21am On Mar 21, 2007
@big_bumper
hey hiyeeeeeeeeeee
i dont understand wht u sayinggggggggggggg

and where is the letter , i hve chked ur reply but there is not any letter format ,
can u send me again ,
thanksssssss
babyezzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by funkybaby(f): 6:34pm On Mar 27, 2007
not a word yet from BHC regarding my sister's case. she has emailed, called , but still nothing yet . pls anyone has any advice
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by koolex: 6:47pm On Mar 27, 2007
Hello everyone,
i have read virtually everything that was posted about this topic. My name is Kunle, i applied for UK student visa on Aug 2, 2006 and by Aug 23 i was refued the visa but with an option to appeal.
So, i decided to appeal because no call was put thru to tbe bankers, my school in UK, my office etc.

I got a sevice of a lawyer here in Nigeria who prepared my appeal on paper and sent it to UK ( I paid about 45k to the lawyer). Last week friday, i got the judment letter that i should be given my 2yrs student visa. The ECO has 28 days to appeal against that decision. My lawyer said i have to wait till the expiration of that period before i can contact the embassy. He told me that in most cases, the ECO dont normally appeal against the judge's decision.

Can somebody join me in thanking Almighty Allah. If u are expecting this kind of blessing, He will do it for you. Just be prayerful and keep faith.

Bye

1 Like

Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by omojeje: 9:00pm On Mar 28, 2007
@koolex
Firstly,I must say congratulations to you,how i wish u know how happy i am for you.Great news!it encourages me.
If i may ask,what were the reasons for your refusal and how did u go about it?
how long did it take ?
I was refused recently and i plan to appeal.
Pls advice me .

Thanks

omojeje
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by mrpataki(m): 12:29pm On Mar 30, 2007
omojeje:

@koolex
Firstly,I must say congratulations to you,how i wish u know how happy i am for you.Great news!it encourages me.
If i may ask,what were the reasons for your refusal and how did u go about it?
how long did it take ?
I was refused recently and i plan to appeal.
Please advice me .

Thanks

omojeje
Please go ahead with the appeal. In most cases, it takes 6months to a year for decisions to be reached. But the earlier you go for it the better.
Goodluck.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by koolex: 6:40pm On Mar 30, 2007
omojeje,

Thanks! The grounds on which i was refused were:

1. The ECO claimed he was not sure i was going to come back
2. He was not convinced that my sponsor could conviniently cater for me without me having a recourse to public funds
3. That i could not convince him how the course would benefit me and all those jargons.

An immigration lawyer over here prepared my appeal on paper. The truth is that if a good appeal case is filed, the chance of success is 75% to 90%.

In fact, i have 5friend in UK who went there thru appeal.

Best of luck!
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by mrpataki(m): 6:21pm On Apr 02, 2007
Well the onus lies on you to file a very good appeal.

Incase you find that difficult to do, you can as well write the comprehensive notice of refusal handed toyou by the ECO and we will give you points to use as your grounds of appeal.

Good luck!
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by lelele: 8:12am On Apr 04, 2007
Hello
i just got another letter from the ait in uk(obviously the eco is yet to file the bundle) asking the eco to file the bundle on or before april 27 and that the appeal will take place on or after april 27, what does this mean ? is that a good omen (probably the eco has nothing against my case) or shoul i contact the embassy? i am really worried. who has an idea of what's going on (it's a paper hearing).
Thanks.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by dada77: 3:53pm On Apr 04, 2007
@lelele
when was your application refused and when did you appeal?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by kaykay4eve: 6:15pm On Apr 04, 2007
@ londoncool / akolawole
Funny meeting u here again always a joy reading your threads on dipo's page. anyway I want to apply for a student visa for Msc study at newcastle. currently working ibn telecoms but my ms prog of choice isn't telecoms related its pipeline eng'g. I already have an Msc in environmental eng'g and Bsc in Civil eng'g both from Nigeria universities . I have a sponsor who's my aunt with sufficient funds have paid 5500 pounds already . my questions are thus:
1 Want to know my chances
2 Can I apply for my visa now ( the course statrts in Sept) ?
3 My fianace wants to get married and after seeing some posts on guys being refused because of their status, is it advsable to tie hope it will not be assusmed its because i looking 4 proof of return
4 what kind of proof do i need to attach to show sponsor is reall my aunt?
5 going through some threads i saw stuff on peps being denied on basis of ?nable source of funds what docs need so be attached herin also
6 Should I attached my payslip/statement and company emplyment letter even though am not fully sponsoring myself

maje una no vex say my questions plenty abeg
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by lelele: 7:35am On Apr 06, 2007
i was refused in september filled an appeal in october, i got the first letter 4rm the ait asking the eco to file all documents before feb 20, i got a new letter from the ait, again requesting that the eco should file the bundle. who has a clue of what's up?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by muyiwabank(m): 11:59am On Apr 06, 2007
just relax and keep praying

that i exactly how it happened to me

all i will advice you to do is that you should keep calling AIT to find out the status and dont forget to fax them any other documents that can help your appeal process.

Good luck
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by 5abi: 12:36am On Apr 08, 2007
hi guys, i just got my uk student visa in review, i appealed against the decision of eco and in review she gave me the visa and my hearing of appeal is still in uk on 11th of april according to the documents sent by AIT, they have not offered me to signed the appeal surrending papers, wt abt the appeal, shud i take some steps, ?,
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by liliana(f): 1:49pm On Apr 18, 2007
@VOR
I was born in the Uk b4 the 31st of Dec.1982
Guess that makes me a citizen,right.

I have visited the embassy twice,was given an application form on the 2nd visit and a list of supporting documents which i should get which includes my results from primary school till date.The one that is most outrageous is "mother's original antenatal/postnatal/delivery notes or certified copies from the hospital+letter from hospital confirming birth".how d they expect me to get this?

Now,pls let me know what u presented to them before they granted ur application.
How long does it take for the passport to be ready?

Since i am a citizen,what rights do i have?
what are my entitlements?

Do i still need the ROA and Certificate of entitlement or does having a british passport cover all these?

What kind of job do i get?Government job?cos i blieve i shuld be given beta trtment even if i am second class.

i was asked to pay 31,000 naira at the embassy.infact the lady at the lagos embassy asked me to bring that amount for the passport on my next visit.

Assuming i do not have a place to stay,are they not supposed to provide one for me?

Do i still need a Nigerian Passport?
@mrpataki,@Akolawole,@londoncool and others,pls ur contributions will also be appreciated.

Thanks while i await ur replies.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by VOR(m): 3:11pm On Apr 18, 2007
liliana:

@VOR
I was born in the Uk before the 31st of Dec.1982

I have visited the embassy twice,was given an application form on the 2nd visit and a list of supporting documents which i should get which includes my results from primary school till date.The one that is most outrageous is "mother's original antenatal/postnatal/delivery notes or certified copies from the hospital+letter from hospital confirming birth".how d they expect me to get this?

Now,please let me know what u presented to them before they granted your application.

Do i still need the ROA and Certificate of entitlement or does having a british passport cover all these?

What kind of job do i get?Government job?because i blieve i shuld be given beta trtment even if i am second class.

i was asked to pay 31,000 naira at the embassy.infact the lady at the lagos embassy asked me to bring that amount for the passport on my next visit.

Assuming i do not have a place to stay,are they not supposed to provide one for me?

@mrpataki,@Akolawole,@londoncool and others,please your contributions will also be appreciated.

Thanks while i await your replies.

@ Lili
Ordinarily you will be a citizen, if born prior to 01/01/83, unless
your parents were Nigerian diplomats when you were born.
I assume you left the UK at a very young age.

Unfortunately for you, you are applying for a UK passport
at a time when fraud, fraudulent applications and identity theft
by our nationals and those of other countries I must add is very
prevalent. As a result the British High Commission has to be very
careful to whom they issue passports. Indeed even in the uk, it will
soon be mandatory for anyone applying for a first UK passport to be
interviewed. This never used to be the case.

Any information you can provide to prove your place and date of birth
will assist them in dealing with your application. These can as they say,
include hospital records, doctors records,(I assume your mum was registered with the
NHS), school records and even pictures of you in the UK.

If this fails, there are other legitimate ways around it which I will let you know.
nationals
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by VOR(m): 3:15pm On Apr 18, 2007
Lili,
just noticed you asked a whole bunch of other questions
which I have not addressed. Bit pressed at the moment
as I am about to make lunch for my pickin cheesy cheesy.

I will be back later to give you the info.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by VOR(m): 5:15pm On Apr 18, 2007
liliana:

@VOR
I was born in the Uk before the 31st of Dec.1982

As I said, yes, unless your parents were here on diplomatic service.

Try and write to the hospital, you can do this under the freedom of information act.They will still
probably have your records.

Now,please let me know what u presented to them before they granted your application.

I obtained my passport in the UK a longgggggggggg time ago.
I don't know how long it would take to get your passport in Nigeria.
It would depend on how straightforward your case is.

You have the same rights as any other UK national once you
have established this to the satisfaction of the High Commission.

You don't need a ROA once you have your UK passport, although if you have a Nigerian passport
you may still wish to get it endorsed into it.

What kind of job do i get?Government job?because i blieve i shuld be given beta trtment even if i am second class.

You don't get a job here just because you are a citizen, first class or not. You have to apply for the job like everyone
else. As regards government jobs, some will be closed to you at first because even as a citizen you still have to meet
residency requirements. E.G THE FOREIGN OFFICE AND MINISTRY OF DEFENCE.

A first issue passport in the UK I believe costs about £40. So you do the maths.

No they aren't, once you come here you are on your own. Make sure you have good friends
or family you can stay with initially till you find your feet.

That is entirely up to you as to whether you need one. My personal opinion is nothing
wrong in having one. It will be useful when you visit home.(Nigeria)

@mrpataki,@Akolawole,@londoncool and others,please your contributions will also be appreciated.

Thanks while i await your replies.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by liliana(f): 5:28pm On Apr 18, 2007
@VOR

Yes, i was born before 01/01/83
I would appreciate ur reply on the other information.

I have contacted the hospital of my birth and was told that they do not kip such records for up to 25yrs.They also said they do not give letters from the hospital confirming birth.this is the only area i am lost out on.as for pix,i have enough to convince them.my father is late,though i can find his passport and also that of my mum's.every other essential supporting documents i can lay my hands on except that of the hosp.i can lay my hands on some of the desirable supporting documents as well.

In the list of supporting documents to bring,some were labelled essential and some desirable.that is the reason for using such words repeatedly.

I still have other questions to ask but will ask u after u are thru with these.

Thanks for taking out tyme to reply at all.
I eagerly await ur response.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by liliana(f): 5:42pm On Apr 18, 2007
@VOR
Thanks a million for the information.
i believe my application would be accepted the next time i get to the embassy with or without the hosp. documents.

is it very likely they would want me to give an address of who i would stay with or they do not really care to know since i have the passport?

Once i have the passport,is all i have to do to get my ticket and cross over without any hassles?
My younger ones(2 of them were born in the uk )but not before 01/01/83.How do they come over to the uk??
thanks once again for ur prompt reply.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by VOR(m): 6:38pm On Apr 18, 2007
Lili
If you are satisfied that you will get the passport than that is fine.
As a British national they don't really need an address from you.
It certainly isn't a pre-requisite prior to them issuing you your passport.

Once you have your passport you should have no problems entering the UK.

Your younger siblings will not be entitled to settle in the UK, but that does
not preclude them visiting you or applying to study.

Hope this helps and good luck.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by mrpataki(m): 9:05pm On Apr 18, 2007
@ liliana,
Sorry I just saw the topic. I think VOR has handled it well as to your case. But truth be said it is not easy issuing out visa to supposed nationals these days.

Just to share a lil story, I once had an elderly neighbour whose daughter was going to apply for the British Passport, when the elderly man folllowed his daughter to the High Commission, the ECO was asking the the man, what is the color of London transport buses?

Very crazy bunch of peeps most times.
I wish you all the best, let us know if you got issues ASAP.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by K2: 9:30pm On Apr 18, 2007
@VOR. You said her siblings that were[b] born in the U.K. after 1983 wouldn't be eligible [/b] to live there permanently only to visit or study? What kind of useless country is that!
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by VOR(m): 10:57pm On Apr 18, 2007
K2:

@VOR. You said her siblings that were[b] born in the U.K. after 1983 wouldn't be eligible [/b] to live there permanently only to visit or study? What kind of useless country is that!

K2
Prior to that date almost everyone born in the UK, even if they only lived there for a day after birth
automatically qualified for British citizenship. The British Nationality Act of 1981 changed this in 1983.

Until quite recently Ireland was in the same position as the UK was in 1983. They then found themselves
with a massive influx of pregnant women coming to Ireland from all over the world just to give birth so the child could obtain Irish citizenship. In virtually all these cases the parents then qualified for Irish residency as well through the child.
Nigerians were of course at the forefront of this exploitation of the system

I believe the Irish too have now blocked this loophole.

I don't see it as the British or Irish being stupid but just being prudent.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by liliana(f): 11:05am On Apr 20, 2007
@VOR
Thanks for the information,i really do appreciate.From your reply,it means that my younger ones would have to apply for visas but does being born in England give them an added advantage?
@mrpataki
Thanks,for your contribution.i promise to keep the house posted as events unfold
@K2
My brother,na so we see am o!!!!!wetin we go do?abeg no vex too much.Surely, there must be a way out.Thanks all the same.

Please ,i await more contributions.
thanks
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by liliana(f): 11:11am On Apr 20, 2007
@VOR
Please, what is "Freedom for information act"?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by VOR(m): 11:46am On Apr 20, 2007
liliana:

@VOR
Thanks for the information,i really do appreciate.From your reply,it means that my younger ones would have to apply for visas but does being born in England give them an added advantage?

Glad I can be of help Lili.

I'm afraid the fact that your siblings were born in the UK
does not necessarily give them an advantage. Each application
for any visa is supposed to be considered on its merits by the
British HC.

However, if they can show they still have close ties to the UK
this should be taken into account. How old are they?

For information on the Freedom of Information Act(FOI)
click on this link below.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/RightsAndResponsibilities/DG_4003239

Do keep us posted on your efforts to secure your passport. Any further problems
I will try to assist.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by ainkay: 3:44pm On Apr 21, 2007
smiley

Its long time that I wrote anything to community!!!
Dear mates,
My appeal got approved and I have submitted my passport with embassy, i hope to get my student visa!!!!
Thank you so very very much for your kind help in tough time!!!
Lots of love!!!
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by funkybaby(f): 11:46am On Apr 25, 2007
my sister was called last month (at last) to come with her passport to the embassy to collect her visa. she has since done that and she has the visa. this is over 8months after the initial visa denial. but thank God that it is all over now.

my sincere thanks to vor, akolawole, mrpataki, muyiwabank and all others that have contributed in no small means to this thread.

I must say that i have learnt a lot and it is also gladdening to know that lots of other people have benefitted from this thread. its kinda funny, cos when i first started this thread, for some months, i did not get any meaningful contribution till much later and now it is one of the most visited threads on the travel section of nairaland.

to all those that have pending visa appeal cases, all i can tell you is not to give up, be patient and prayerful. the whole process could be annoying and fustrating but it is worth the trouble at the end !
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by cutemoi: 12:14pm On Apr 25, 2007
@funkybaby

U av been a loyal spectator of this thread you started and its been interesting!Am happy for you and ainkay and everyone who never gave up.My brother is in the same situation and am believing God that he will get it.Congrats once again,our God is indeed still a prayer answering God. wink
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by cutemoi: 12:15pm On Apr 25, 2007
@funkybaby

I av been a loyal spectator of this thread you started and its been interesting!Am happy for you and ainkay and everyone who never gave up.My brother is in the same situation and am believing God that he will get it.Congrats once again,our God is indeed still a prayer answering God. wink
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by ainkay: 7:06am On Apr 26, 2007
smiley smiley smiley

I got my Visa yesterday!!!!
I m on wings!!!
thank you sooooo very much God for all the blessings!!!
thank you sooo very much all you friends for your unending support!!!
your help was indispensable,
i can see that success rate of those persons who are refused a visa (and are visiting this thread) and are appealing is great!!!!
lots of love!!!
life is beautiful!!!
Cheers!
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by mrpataki(m): 2:24pm On Apr 26, 2007
Congrats Ainkay and funkybaby. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Even though it may tarry, wait for it. wink

Wheres the next case? grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (116)

Bus Fare Within Nigeria / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 / Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.