Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,791 members, 7,820,778 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:26 PM

Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (276615 Views)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Advice On Visa Appeal / Uk Student Visa Appeal Or Immediate Reapplication (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (116) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by mrpataki(m): 3:18pm On Mar 09, 2007
Akolawole:

@LondonCool

Thanks

@Gbeborun
Did you always believe in what these ECO says?
I am a product of Appeal though many years ago when British High commision was NOT in Eleke but in one building called Chellaram building in Marina[ I WILL SHARE MY STORY ONE DAY].

Just few days ago, one of my people was refused. She was stupidly considered on a completely different rule to the one she applied upon. I have filed the appeal and will definitely win the appeal.

With my experience in few UK courts, intention cannot be proved.

shocked shocked shocked shocked
Chellaram building! Thats many many years ago! Nigeerians get history for hand men! Very soon, I will share my stories as well as some other stories I have handled overtime on nairaland.

@ Y'all,
Please always note that ECOs are never objective in their reasoning! They are trained to be subjective. You can always take me up on that anywhere.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Akolawole(m): 5:02pm On Mar 09, 2007
@Gbeborun & MrPataki

Happy to note that you knew that building.

Imagine somebody arguing with me on that matter. He said Chella what?

Honestly, Visa are easy these days.

Imagine posting visa application!
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by LondonCool(m): 11:11am On Mar 10, 2007
Talking about Chellarams Building, I remember going there in 1994 .
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by babajee2: 1:35pm On Mar 10, 2007
hi there ,

well my appeal has been allowed in jan 2007 ,

i m still waiting for the calling letter from BHC but they haven't contaced me yet ,

i talked to a consultant over here in my country so he told me tht u shud come to me and i will send the letter, than

they will send u calling letter within two weeks , but consultant is charging fees for this ,

and consultant made me scared tht if u dont do this now, than u will have to wait for 6 months or more than that

for the calling letter from BHC , and u can be called again for interview , now i m confused wht shud i do?

i dont want to give interview again , bcuz they may ask more typical questions ,

plz frendzzzzzz help me out , i m very confused about this matter
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Akolawole(m): 3:34pm On Mar 10, 2007
LondonCool:

Talking about Chellarams Building, I remember going there in 1994 to process my GBR ppt(which I got within 4 days) .Imagine: "Wait and Take" passport photographers harassing you outside, pretty women sitting on the layered stairs outside the building sizing-up applicants, ever-winding queues crawling round the street,with spiraling staircases inside the building and BHC staff talking behind huge perspex glasses as if we were going to contaminate them with our breathe. I enjoyed being fast-tracked on the consular line over those on the visa application line.

Good memories of Chellarams building in Marina but getting Queen's passport within 4 days in Lagos[ I no no that one o]
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by mrpataki(m): 3:47pm On Mar 10, 2007
baba_jee:

hi there ,

i m still waiting for the calling letter from BHC but they haven't contaced me yet ,

i talked to a consultant over here in my country so he told me that u should come to me and i will send the letter, than

they will send u calling letter within two weeks , but consultant is charging fees for this , and consultant made me scared that if u don't do this now, than u will have to wait for 6 months or more than that

for the calling letter from BHC , and u can be called again for interview , now i m confused wht should i do?

i don't want to give interview again , bcuz they may ask more typical questions ,

You see, consultant charging fees for undone services!

I will suggest, if you have a copy of the decision from the AIT that you pay the High Commission a visit.
Even though, there might  be an interview to your case by the High Commission to know whether your circumstances has changed.
As well, it is possible that the High Commission is appealing against the decision of the AIT in allowing your case.

On the whole pay the HC a visit, or preferably send them an email, if you already have a decision from the the tribunal.

Goodluck.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by LondonCool(m): 5:17pm On Mar 10, 2007
Whats so spectacular about the time frame?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Akolawole(m): 9:25pm On Mar 10, 2007
@LondonCool

I honestly dont want to argue on this issue.

If i am not wrong,
1) you were born in UK before that 1981 Act?
2) You were raised or taken back to Naija.

If that is the case, there is absolutely, i repeat ABSOLUTELY no way you can get that passport within 4 days.

I repeat, NO way.

Even in UK, it doesnt take 4 days. except on few occassion and in that case you have to walk in to St James office.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by LondonCool(m): 4:47am On Mar 11, 2007
Akolawole,

Even in UK, if you want your passport the same day you can get it by strolling to the London Passport Office in Victoria, so what is the fuss about?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by funkybaby(f): 7:22am On Mar 11, 2007
@ akolawole i still stand by my statement that u can 'force' BHC to issue visas after winning appeals. It worked for my boyfriend and various people i know. Muyiwabank's case is a good and recent example. He stated here how he disturbed the embassy with calls and emails and how he even yelled on d embassy official on d phone. ( u can read all his previous posts). @mrpataki my sis has not been given d visa o! She has emailed d embassy and even dropped a copy of the determination with them. All she has been told is that her file is with d ECO and she will be contacted in due course, Its abt 3months now since she won d appeal. @ VOR,mrpataki,londoncool,akolawole What do you advice her to do? Thanks
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by funkybaby(f): 7:31am On Mar 11, 2007
@ akolawole i still stand by my statement that u can 'force' BHC to issue visas after winning appeals. It worked for my boyfriend and various people i know. Muyiwabank's case is a good and recent example. He stated here how he disturbed the embassy with calls and emails and how he even yelled on d embassy official on d phone. ( u can read all his previous posts). @mrpataki my sis has not been given d visa o! She has emailed d embassy and even dropped a copy of the determination with them. All she has been told is that her file is with d ECO and she will be contacted in due course, Its abt 3months now since she won d appeal. @ VOR,mrpataki,londoncool,akolawole What do you advice her to do? Thanks
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by funkybaby(f): 7:31am On Mar 11, 2007
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Akolawole(m): 1:16pm On Mar 11, 2007
LondonCool:

Akolawole,

You always like to argue on things that you are not too sure of. Are you the one that issued me with the GBR passport? What do I have to gain by making that assertion ? You can not just make blanket statements like that and think that your views are irrefutable or infallible. I got my GBR passport within 4 working days so whats the big deal, do you know what were the passport requirements by then?,do you know if I had British ancestry? , do you know if I already had a British passport that had previously expired ? We were all reminiscing about our good old experiences @ Chellarams building and you just jump to conclusions about something you are not too sure of. If you were surprised how I got it within 4 days, the appropriate thing would have been for you to ask me how i got it then I could have explained it to you-rather than making comments that expose your ignorance on some aspects of the UK Nationality laws.[/b]Even in UK, [b]if you want your passport the same day you can get it by strolling to the London Passport Office in Victoria, so what is the fuss about?

I have already mention it that one can get the passport same day at St James park( i.e Victoria office) but that can never happen in Lagos. PLEASE PROVE ME WRONG.

This is not the first time you will be "mis-behaving" here.

1) You claimed to be UK immigration officer but once goofed on one of their simplest rule.

2) You misled people here on UK Nursing addmission and i corrected you.

3) Now is getting UK passport within 4 days in Nigeria.

I am not a British national but the first time i visited BHC was July 1986, that same week, Nigerians started collecting visas from their home-country.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Akolawole(m): 1:18pm On Mar 11, 2007
@Funkybaby

But why is the method not working for your sister?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by 4Play(m): 1:21pm On Mar 11, 2007
Its not even possible to get your passport in 4 days here not to talk of Naija.Unless then things were different
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Akolawole(m): 1:34pm On Mar 11, 2007
4 Play:

Its not even possible to get your passport in 4 days here not to talk of Naija.Unless then things were different

I am waiting for his response.

I will tell him the exact time it takes at that time.

my brother, It was worse then.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by LondonCool(m): 7:54pm On Mar 11, 2007
Akolawole, I'm very very sorry to spoil your "one-man-show" on this thread.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by babajee2: 8:32pm On Mar 11, 2007
hi there ,

i talked to a consultant over here in my country so he told me that u should come to me and i will send the letter, than

they will send u calling letter within two weeks , but consultant is charging fees for this ,

and consultant made me scared that if u don't do this now, than u will have to wait for 6 months or more than that

for the calling letter from BHC , and u can be called again for interview , now i m confused wht should i do?

i don't want to give interview again , bcuz they may ask more typical questions ,

Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by funkybaby(f): 10:26am On Mar 12, 2007
@ akolawole i guess the witches from my village are at work. just stop d bickering and offer advice jare.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by mrpataki(m): 12:46pm On Mar 12, 2007
@ Akolawole and Londoncool,
Whats wrong with you guys? Since when did this thing become a thing of pride? Abeg grow out of this childish attitude and reason better!

Most of the things I know learnt it. No one has the monopoly of knowledge!
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by mrpataki(m): 12:49pm On Mar 12, 2007
@ Funkybaby,
I am thoroughly short of ideas here as to your sisters case. Maybe she should get in touch with AIT and inform them of what the HC is up to. undecided

Crazy bunch of people angry
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Akolawole(m): 1:32pm On Mar 12, 2007
LondonCool:

1)  When I went to get my passport at the consular section of the BHC, it was for a renewal of my previous Black British passport and you had to provide lot's and lot's of documents and parental proof of valid UK residence which I provided and obtained my RED British passport after 4 days.Was that a miracle?

Thats your own opinion of what you think, but you are not a "know-it-all" Guru.

2) Akolawole, I'm very very sorry to spoil your[b] "one-man-show" on this thread[/b].

3) Since I started contributing here you have been so antagonistic toward me, you've always tried to correct my contributions just to bring me down or ridicule me and I have been carefully avoiding your hostility. I didn't come here to take the limelight from you here .

4) I have solved lots and lots of personal visa problems here privately for various forum users and thats the reason why I joined here in the first place. I didn't join to mislead people but to contribute to solutions without compromising myself. For obvious reasons I don't have to blow my trumpet here. No one has a monopoly of knowledge, but in this area with all amount of humility I have access to much more knowledge, expertise, intelligence and experience than you which I willingly share here.

5) Don't hate me, don't get envious with me just respect other people's viewpoints even when you think they are wrong because they may turn out to right. Irrespective of your reply I am not going to respond to any of your threads, posts or "corrections".

6)  Long live the "Oracle of Ibadan".

With due respect to everyone. I am sorry for letting you down.
Some members that have known me since 2005, knew what i stand for.
Everybody has their own opinions but FACT SHOULD BE FACTS.

I have learnt a lot, quite a lot.

I have goofed a number of times on Nairaland and had been corrected which i accept WHOLE-HEARTEDLY.

@ London cool
Do you remember many times i have called you to launch a threads like Deportation?
I do respect you, i even respect you more when i learnt you are a Chelsea fan.

For clarity purpose, i will comment thus;
1) At the time you got your passport, the time is far from what you quoted, British passport booklet are never produced in Lagos, CAN NEVER BE OBTAINED WITHIN 4 DAYS.
At that time appeal takes over 12 months.
# In Ibadan, you can only get Queens passport after 12 months. No miracle can get it for you ealier.
## Even now, if you lose your british passport while holidaying in Nigeria, you can NEVER get a replcement within 4 days.

2) "One-man show ke? The principal actors here is Mr Pataki and Funkybaby. I don't belong here sir and i never claimed to be.

3) Antagonise you? Maybe we are chasing the same girlfriend grin. I don't know you from Adam. I don't think i have problem with anyone here. Maybe i want to take your position as immigration officer[ just joking].
Sorry, when i can't take a wrongful information.

4) Thank you for doing that for many users. God bless you sir. Its obvious you have better knowledge. QUITE OBVIOUS. I don't even have any trumpet to blow. Too bad for me.

5) Envious of you? Lord Jesus.  God has been too good to me. I am sure he(God) will continue.

6) God is oracle sir, but i am currently in London, i hope you wont DEPORT me o. grin
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by mrpataki(m): 6:58pm On Mar 12, 2007
Akolawole:

2) "One-man show ke? The principal actors here is Mr Pataki and Funkybaby. I don't belong here sir and i never claimed to be.

Me Principal actor, wetin I sabi, apart from drafting letters of Appeal and yabbing those peeps, wetin I principal for again undecided

Nice to know we can just cool it off.
Thanks for the gentleman approach.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by babajee2: 3:20am On Mar 13, 2007
Hi There

My appeal has been allowed in jan 2007 and I have received the determination in the same month from the AIT. After two months when i contacted to Home office British high commission, they said that ' we have not received any determination from the AIT'. Now the problem I am waiting for the visa, and my classes will be started soon. Would you guys please help me out , because I am getting late and I should be ready by this months for my college. what will you suggest me?

please guys help me , i have been waiting for the reply ,
specially requesting to mrpataki, akolawale, londoncool and funkyboy ,
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by funkybaby(f): 8:34am On Mar 13, 2007
@ baba_jee Funkyboy ke? I'm female o! Go to BHC and drop a copy of ur judgement. Send as many emails as possible. Go through this thread and read all d advice given to 'muyiwabank'. Best of luck.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by funkybaby(f): 10:55am On Mar 13, 2007
@baba_jee funkyboy ké? I'm female o! Start reading this thread frm d first post, especially replies and advice to 'muyiwabank' questions. Best of luck!
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by funkybaby(f): 12:36pm On Mar 13, 2007
@baba_jee funkyboy ké? I'm female ó! Read through previous posts on this thread especially those regarding 'muyiwabank'. You will get answers and suggestions to your case. Best of luck!
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by babajee2: 1:04pm On Mar 13, 2007
hi mr. pataki
i saw u online rite now so i want ask you about my post
please read my last post and help me out ,
thanksssss
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by babajee2: 1:08pm On Mar 13, 2007
hi mr. pataki
thanksssss
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by muyiwabank(m): 4:41pm On Mar 13, 2007
@baba_jee,

please go through this thread and see how i went about my own case because thesame thing happened to me although mine was even less than a month to be granted after writing a letter to the second secreatary immigration.

you can e- mail me and i will tell you what to do again especially if you have a valid offer letter with you.

@funkybaby,

let your sister write the second secreatary immigration at the BHC like i did, i hope it works for her. sorry i have not responded to you i have been busy with assignments recently.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by mrpataki(m): 6:47pm On Mar 13, 2007
baba_jee:

hi mr. pataki
thanksssss
This is the email address: customer.service@tribunals.gsi.gov.uk
I sauggest you get in contact with muyiwabank, he will be of further assistance to you.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by mrpataki(m): 6:50pm On Mar 13, 2007
@ funkybaby,
Please dont blame baba_jee. Hes an indian, must have misplaced the name somehow.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (116)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 / Bus Fare Within Nigeria / Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.