Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,033 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

Men And Their Double Standards. - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Men And Their Double Standards. (29497 Views)

Deadrat Scam And Double Standards / Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. / Double Standards Of Feminism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by dare2differ: 7:56pm On Apr 06, 2016
pinceprinz:

Very Big Fatt LIE!
Actually it is not.

Ask your mother. Just because you collect money from your dad doesn't mean your mum contributes nothing. Besides in a country like Nigeria, it is a fraud not to believe it.

1 Like

Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Nobody: 7:57pm On Apr 06, 2016
mimzy:
grin grin grin

Don't get swooned by his sweet lips dearie. Na beg I take beg u.
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by dare2differ: 7:58pm On Apr 06, 2016
pinceprinz:

Maybe it is not cheating but steps towards polygamy. Who knows?

I don't care about polygamy. I can leave or turn the relationship into a contractual one.

1 Like

Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Nobody: 8:02pm On Apr 06, 2016
Someone seems to know exactly what goes on in every household in Nigeria. A ghost perhaps?
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by onoja12: 8:05pm On Apr 06, 2016
lady you are a feminist,and sorry to say feminist are interest in seen what they want to see and not the facts.you are asking about men behavior yet you do not want to listen to men to tell you about there behavior,you want to assume for men then come back to complain that men are not acting according to your assumptions.
As for your many statement oh yes our ancestors sacrifice humans for a very good reason,but never on the scale of the whites,what was it 180 million black killed for slavery and let me guess some millions killed in the middle east just recently or why you are still pondering,i can assure you the hole of Africa never killed as much as what one AK 47 can do .
as for your last analysis ,i am quite aware that in some tribes women are allowed to marry more than one husband,that simply shows you that polygamy has been a way of life in Africa,and always for good reason.in societies where women out number men by far margins ,men were encourage to take more than one wife,so every woman could have a home and a husband,and in places were men out numbered the women,women were encourage to take more than one husband.it is sad that it is only black people who think there ancestors were stupid.it is really sad

dare2differ:

You do not want to be insulted yet you want me to allow you to insult me indirectly

Our ancestors used to do human sacrifice. I swear they had a very good reason. Don't you think as true Africans we ought to continue with it.

Whites do not tell me otherwise. It is common sense. people get attracted to to other people. Why do you find that hard to understand?

Do you seriously think you would be the only guy your wife would be attracted to for the rest of her life? there are lots of women who did especially old women.

If you are Yoruba, go back to your hometown. Ask them about women who were married to more than two husbands, I am not talking about women born in the 80s o. I meant older women. I know at least three women in my family who had nothing less than three husbands. I have friends whose great-grandmothers and grandmothers had the same excperience. It used to happen in those days. It might be rare but it sha happened. undecided

Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Nobody: 8:06pm On Apr 06, 2016
dare2differ:
Actually it is not.

Ask your mother. Just because you collect money from your dad doesn't mean your mum contributes nothing. Besides in a country like Nigeria, it is a fraud not to believe it.
Why do you even bother replying? Smh
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Nobody: 8:09pm On Apr 06, 2016
dare2differ:
Actually it is not.

Collect money from my dad? Lol!

Anyway, you can't see beyond your vantage which is why I won't blame you too much.
Well , where I come from I've heard about grosses of homes where the mother can't buy ordinary seasoning to cook. That yo folks are educated and maybe above average economically, contributing to a common purse doesn't make it like that in every other home...
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by dare2differ: 8:10pm On Apr 06, 2016
onoja12:
lady you are a feminist,and sorry to say feminist are interest in seen what they want to see and not the facts.you are asking about men behavior yet you do not want to listen to men to tell you about there behavior,you want to assume for men then come back to complain that men are not acting according to your assumptions.
As for your many statement oh yes our ancestors sacrifice humans for a very good reason,but never on the scale of the whites,what was it 180 million black killed for slavery and let me guess some millions killed in the middle east just recently or why you are still pondering,i can assure you the hole of Africa never killed as much as what one AK 47 can do .
as for your last analysis ,i am quite aware that in some tribes women are allowed to marry more than one husband,that simply shows you that polygamy has been a way of life in Africa,and always for good reason.in societies where women out number men by far margins ,men were encourage to take more than one wife,so every woman could have a home and a husband,and in places were men out numbered the women,women were encourage to take more than one husband.it is sad that it is only black people who think there ancestors were stupid.it is really sad

Can't you read and comprehend? What am i saying? What aree you saying?

Who is talking about polygamy now?

Don't you understand what I was trying to tell you with the human sacrifice example?

The question I asked was 'do women get attracted to other men?

Actually there is like 0. something man for 1- 1/2/ women in most countries.

Do not quote me again if you cannot comprehend. geez!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by onoja12: 8:10pm On Apr 06, 2016
men usually found themselves in the lower figures,because they went to wars to protect there women,they hunted and did all the risky jobs,so naturally they died quicker ,so African society always found themselves with women far out numbering the men and thus men had to take more than one wife.the idea of jealousy about it only came with the whites.

dare2differ:

You do not want to be insulted yet you want me to allow you to insult me indirectly

Our ancestors used to do human sacrifice. I swear they had a very good reason. Don't you think as true Africans we ought to continue with it.

Whites do not tell me otherwise. It is common sense. people get attracted to to other people. Why do you find that hard to understand?

Do you seriously think you would be the only guy your wife would be attracted to for the rest of her life? there are lots of women who did especially old women.

If you are Yoruba, go back to your hometown. Ask them about women who were married to more than two husbands, I am not talking about women born in the 80s o. I meant older women. I know at least three women in my family who had nothing less than three husbands. I have friends whose great-grandmothers and grandmothers had the same excperience. It used to happen in those days. It might be rare but it sha happened. undecided

Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by GoodFaith: 8:14pm On Apr 06, 2016
1. Why do men feel they should be forgiven when they cheat on their women but the rules change when these same women cheat on them, even once or just emotionally?
Boy will always be boys, like it or not I am not God

2. Why do contemporary men insist women share the bills but they think it beneath them to help out in domestic chores?
[/i] Cost of living has gone up, What was the cost of a house 30 years back?

3. Why should a man be hailed by his friends for bragging about his sexual encounters with women but they slut-shame a woman who's honest about her escapades with a man she's into?

Young boy brag about sex not growing men, Men can say they slept with 100 woman, If a woman sleep with 30 men she is ashawo

4. Why do Nairaland men insult a woman who's liberal in her views but cheer on a guy who says lewd things about women?

Your stupid view

5. Why do men generalize all women as "_bitches" and '_hoes" but take offense when allusions are made to their female relatives being the same?
[/b]
Oh well just a term and word to men but men still get married to the women they called names
You are taking it personal ashawo

You are a feminist,
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by dare2differ: 8:14pm On Apr 06, 2016
pinceprinz:

Collect money from my dad? Lol!

Anyway, you can't see beyond your vantage which is why I won't blame you too much.
Well , where I come from I've heard about grosses of homes where the mother can't buy ordinary seasoning to cook. That yo folks are educated and maybe above average economically, contributing to a common purse doesn't make it like that in every other home...

I am not talking about poor women. I am talking about your average home with two working adults in Nigeria. It might interest you to also know that I have heard about some women behaving like that but I am yet to meet or know a woman who acts like that

I am not talking about rich people. I mean your average home on the streets.

When I ask you to ask your mum, ask her. If you haven'y asked her, stop arguing with me. Your argument is based on what you have heard, mine isn't.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Nobody: 8:16pm On Apr 06, 2016
dare2differ:

I don't care about polygamy. I can leave or turn the relationship into a contractual one.

Lols. Its very easy for you to say these things... but trust me Its a men's world. We designed the pattern of this society. Pave your own path and battle with regrets and had I known for aeons unless you retrace your steps. grin
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by dare2differ: 8:16pm On Apr 06, 2016
onoja12:
men usually found themselves in the lower figures,because they went to wars to protect there women,they hunted and did all the risky jobs,so naturally they died quicker ,so African society always found themselves with women far out numbering the men and thus men had to take more than one wife.the idea of jealousy about it only came with the whites.

I don't want to argue with you any longer

You don't seem that.....

Jealousy from whites? Do you even know anything about your own forefathers?

That sounds dvmb!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by dare2differ: 8:19pm On Apr 06, 2016
Kath5kouture:

Why do you even bother replying? Smh
This is what you get when your mother won't stop asking your father money for soups etc. The children would think that money for soup and food= father pays for everything in the house.

These boys need to sit their mamas down!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Nobody: 8:22pm On Apr 06, 2016
dare2differ:

I am not talking about poor women. I am talking about your average home with two working adults in Nigeria. It might interest you to also know that I have heard about some women behaving like that but I am yet to meet or know a woman who acts like that

I am not talking about rich people. I mean your average home on the streets.

When I ask you to ask your mum, ask her. If you haven'y asked her, stop arguing with me. Your argument is based on what you have heard, mine isn't.

What were we even arguing about? The fact that men once married have/ haven't the right to engage in another marriage contract?
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by dare2differ: 8:23pm On Apr 06, 2016
pinceprinz:

Lols. Its very easy for you to say these things... but trust me Its a men's world. We designed the pattern of this society. Pave your own path and battle with regrets and had I known for aeons unless you retrace your steps. grin

That is because you do not know me really well.

Can you please stop projecting your fears onto me? You wish I have regrets because I decide not to fvcking care. Well, I don't care what you wish.

My life is not your fvcking headache and it is not a man's world. It is my own fvckin world, and I wil live my life the way I desire according to god's teachingsthe Qur'an(hopefully))

You can decide to kill yourself if you hate it so much. I wil pray for your soul grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by dare2differ: 8:23pm On Apr 06, 2016
pinceprinz:

What were we even arguing about? The fact that men once married haven't the right to engage in another marriage contract?

If you can't remember, all well and good undecided
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Nobody: 8:34pm On Apr 06, 2016
dare2differ:

Can you please stop projecting your fears to me? You wish I have regrets because I decide not to fvcking care. Well, I don't care what you wish.

My life is not your fvcking headache and it is not a man's world. It is my own fvckin world, and I wil live my life the way I desire.

You can decide to kill yourself if you hate it so much. I wil pray for your soul grin

Cmon babes, that doesn't sting a bit. I never gave a flying fvck about you, We all know you wouldn't sacrifice your gadamn high standards to accommodate the excesses of yo man for the sake of an healthy home that nourishes socially credible kids. All I am particular about is some innocent young lady out there who might be watching this drama play out. I do not want their minds poisoned by your maladjustments birthed by overexposure to alien culture that ain't healthy in a setting like Africa's. Don't wanna lose too many to the whites. I want em to remain the respectful, family first blacks that they are!
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by onoja12: 8:37pm On Apr 06, 2016
let me repeat in case you missed it the first time,do not come on here to insult me,i would implore you to respect yourself.if you do not understand wisdom require that you request for explanation.as sacrifice that simply tell you the white did more sacrificing and are still sacrificing humans till date to serve there purpose,so you there not point finger at your ancestors for sacrificing a few hundreds .

As for Polygamy,this are the facts several researches conducted by the UK have proven that indeed our ancestors where right as far as the relationship of man and woman is concerned,this are the facts there is no society in the world right now where men out number women in fact in some countries is the Caribbean women out number men 3 to 1,meaning on an average women would double the figure of men even tho people like UN try to keep it out of public domain for political reasons.equally it is recorded that men are 70% higher to die before women due to life style choices meaning there would constantly be more women battling over a man.so if there where to use the Africa methodology of polygamy most probably the issue of cheating would not arise.(men are not programmed to be stuck on one woman even if they try to be the women demand there own men and there for would try to get one in a world where women out number men).so i think you should understand but in case you do not be polite and request explanation rather than insult,insult does not help you in anyway in fact to be host for some reason i haven't lost my temper yet

dare2differ:

Can't you read and comprehend? What am i saying? What aree you saying?

Who is talking about polygamy now?

Don't you understand what I was trying to tell you with the human sacrifice example?

The question I asked was 'do women get attracted to other men?

Actually there is like 0. something man for 1- 1/2/ women in most countries.

Do not quote me again if you cannot comprehend. geez!
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by guyXander(m): 8:48pm On Apr 06, 2016
Persephenee:

I be a chick! angry
Sh^t.
Sorry about that.
Thank you my sister grin
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by dare2differ: 8:48pm On Apr 06, 2016
pinceprinz:

Cmon babes, that doesn't sting a bit. I never gave a bleeping fvck about you, We all know you wouldn't sacrifice your gadamn high standards to accommodate the excesses of yo man for the sake of an healthy home that nourishes socially credible kids. All I am particular about is some innocent young lady out there who might be watching this drama play out. I do not want their minds poisoned by your maladjustments birthed by overexposure to alien culture that ain't healthy in a setting like Africa's. Don't wanna lose too many to the whites. I want em to remain the respectful, family first blacks that they are!

Oh fvck not again!

Someone is telling me that is my sole responsibility to maintain the home.

Ermmm....y'all ladies can marry any kind of man. Marry him for marriage sake. The family is all about you. It is your job to ensure that he doesn't leave no matter what. God forbid if you leave him. undecided undecided undecided

Just kidding grin

Use your brain, my kids will actually suffer more psychological injuries if I maintain the home while being miserable. I am sure you know Caroline Danjuma, her kids are going to turn out damaged in some way because she is emotionally sick right now.

Ermmm, it is my responsibility to do my best but if my partner thinks it is none of his business to care for me the way I do for him, I am either leaving him or rewriting our marital contract. God forbid I cry all day or beg him. Yup, I have got high standards. I am very nice and tolerant but i won't jeopardise that for a mor.on grin. I enjoy my personal happiness. my kids are better off in an happy environment than one with conflicts, misery, emotional issues etc.

Personally I believe a woman can decide to stay or not. None of my fvcking business but she must not cry. Woe betide if she does. Do you know why, she would be harming her kids if she can't shut her gob or stay happy!

To all young ladies out there, be smart. No mor.on has the right to tell you how to treat a basta..rd. Remember if you are miserable in that relationship and you sincerely have done your best, you will unknowingly pass it to your kids, even though you might try to convince yourself that you stayed because of them. Perhaps you did, however you have just succeeded in ruining them because they would definitely be better off in an environment where you are happy and satisfied. I tell you this because I know.

Now can you please die on top my mata

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by dare2differ: 8:51pm On Apr 06, 2016
onoja12:

let me repeat in case you missed it the first time,do not come on here to insult me,i would implore you to respect yourself.if you do not understand wisdom require that you request for explanation.as sacrifice that simply tell you the white did more sacrificing and are still sacrificing humans till date to serve there purpose,so you there not point finger at your ancestors for sacrificing a few hundreds .

As for Polygamy,this are the facts several researches conducted by the UK have proven that indeed our ancestors where right as far as the relationship of man and woman is concerned,this are the facts there is no society in the world right now where men out number women in fact in some countries is the Caribbean women out number men 3 to 1,meaning on an average women would double the figure of men even tho people like UN try to keep it out of public domain for political reasons.equally it is recorded that men are 70% higher to die before women due to life style choices meaning there would constantly be more women battling over a man.so if there where to use the Africa methodology of polygamy most probably the issue of cheating would not arise.(men are not programmed to be stuck on one woman even if they try to be the women demand there own men and there for would try to get one in a world where women out number men).so i think you should understand but in case you do not be polite and request explanation rather than insult,insult does not help you in anyway in fact to be host for some reason i haven't lost my temper yet

Stop quoting me

I find the way you argue nauseating

If you cannot understand a simple analogy. I can't help your case.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Nobody: 9:03pm On Apr 06, 2016
dare2differ:

Oh fvck not again!

Someone is telling me that is my sole responsibility to maintain the home.

Ermmm....y'all ladies can marry any kind of man. Marry him for marriage sake. The family is all about you. It is your job to ensure that he doesn't leave no matter what. God forbid if you leave him. undecided undecided undecided

Just kidding grin

Use your brain, my kids will actually suffer more psychological injuries if I maintain the home while being miserable. I am sure you know Caroline Danjuma, her kids are going to turn out damaged in some way because she is emotionally sick right now.

Ermmm, it is my responsibility to do my best but if my partner thinks it is none of his business to care for me the way I do for him, I am either leaving him or rewriting our marital contract. God forbid I cry all day or beg him. Yup, I have got high standards. I am very nice and tolerant but i won't jeopardise that for a mor.on grin. I enjoy my personal happiness. my kids are better off in an happy environment than one with conflicts, misery, emotional issues etc.

Can you please stop being daft now? Personally I believe a woman can decide to stay or not. None of my fvcking business but she must not cry. Woe betide if she does. Do you know why, she would be harming her kids if she can't shut her gob or stay happy!

To all young ladies out there, be smart. No mor.on has the right to tell you how to treat a basta..rd. Remember if you are miserable in that relationship and you sincerely have done your best, you will unknowingly pass it to your kids, even though you might try to convince yourself that you stayed because of them. Perhaps you did, however you have just succeeded in ruining them because they would definitely be better off in an environment where you are happy and satisfied. I tell you this because I know.

Now can you please die on top my mata

Of course, I will have to die on top your mata cos I'm so much hating this noise and unnecessary banters

I mean, Who was talking about all these stuff and nonsense with you? Who was talking about an outrightly abusive and toxic relationship. Which ediot doesn't know about all these your Grandma admonitions and all before? Abeg, carry your cargo go sea jarey grin .... Dies on top of her tongue
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by dare2differ: 9:06pm On Apr 06, 2016
pinceprinz:

Of course, I will have to die on top your mata cos I'm so much hating this noise and unnecessary banters

I mean, Who was talking about all these stuff and nonsense with you? Who was talking about an outrightly abusive and toxic relationship. Which ediot doesn't know about all these your Grandma admonitions and all before? Abeg, carry your cargo go sea jarey grin .... Dies on top of her tongue

Bla bla bla

No be you talk say I am a bad person to #suggest leaving an unconte..nted bas..tard because he cheats or acts like an as.shole.

You can kill yourself now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Nobody: 9:22pm On Apr 06, 2016
dare2differ:

Bla bla bla

No be you talk say I am a bad person to #suggest leaving an unconte..nted bas..tard because he cheats or acts like an as.shole.

You can kill yourself now.

This girl can lie for Africa oh hehe... I said he might be seeing that other woman because maybe its time to get a second wife. What's the similitude of that with calling u a bad person. See as u mumu reach embarassed
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by dare2differ: 9:25pm On Apr 06, 2016
pinceprinz:

This girl can lie for Africa oh hehe... I said he might be seeing that other woman because maybe its time to get a second wife. What's the similitude of that with calling u a bad person. See as u mumu reach embarassed

You are what I call an ode. No offense grin

i don't the difference between a man who cheats and the one who takes a second wife. I will either leave or renegotiate our marital obligations.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by vislabraye(m): 9:27pm On Apr 06, 2016
mimzy:
Growing up as a Nigerian female, you're told to sit, talk, act and respond to situations in certain ways or you'll be branded as "unladylike". Women are conditioned in a certain way and most of us have adhered to these rules.

Notwithstanding, these questions have always been a puzzle to me, other women and, I suspect, even men:

1. Why do men feel they should be forgiven when they cheat on their women but the rules change when these same women cheat on them, even once or just emotionally?

2. Why do contemporary men insist women share the bills but they think it beneath them to help out in domestic chores?

3. Why should a man be hailed by his friends for bragging about his sexual encounters with women but they slut-shame a woman who's honest about her escapades with a man she's into?

4. Why do Nairaland men insult a woman who's liberal in her views but cheer on a guy who says lewd things about women?

5. Why do men generalize all women as "_bitches" and '_hoes" but take offense when allusions are made to their female relatives being the same?

Even on this thread, some men would prove me right but the question is: WHY THE DOUBLE STANDARDS?

You are guilty of number 4 as well
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Nobody: 9:42pm On Apr 06, 2016
dare2differ:

You are what I call an ode. No offense grin

i don't the difference between a man who cheats and the one who takes a second wife. I will either leave or renegotiate our marital obligations.

In fact, ibaje po Lara e gan.

God, I don't want my woman to have this kind of highly neurotic orientation oh. Na beg I dey beg oh grin
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by dare2differ: 9:47pm On Apr 06, 2016
pinceprinz:

In fact, ibaje po Lara e gan.

God, I don't want my woman to have this kind of highly neurotic orientation oh. Na beg I dey beg oh grin

May God grant your prayers!

1 Like

Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by hensben(m): 9:52pm On Apr 06, 2016
dare2differ:

Can you please stop projecting your fears onto me? You wish I have regrets because I decide not to fvcking care. Well, I don't care what you wish.

My life is not your fvcking headache and it is not a man's world. It is my own fvckin world, and I wil live my life the way I desire according to god's teachingsthe Qur'an(hopefully))

its a man's world both scientifically and religiously.
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by dare2differ: 9:56pm On Apr 06, 2016
hensben:
its a man's world both scientifically and religiously.

I didn't ask for your opinion smiley

1 Like

Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by naijaboiy: 10:27pm On Apr 06, 2016
One girl just carry this thread put for head sha! grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

RCCG Member Proposes To His Girlfriend During Church Service / She Always Felt Guilty After Romance. / Best Decision You Made That Changed Your Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.