Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,015 members, 7,814,467 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:21 PM

Men And Their Double Standards. - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Men And Their Double Standards. (29511 Views)

Deadrat Scam And Double Standards / Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. / Double Standards Of Feminism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Nobody: 1:41am On Apr 06, 2016
Another article by a ho...
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by onoja12: 3:19am On Apr 06, 2016
first i do not know the kind of Guys you roll with probably black american men,but Africa men i know do not refer to a lady as a batch except you give him dam good reason.

as for the remaining first understand the concept of male and female are not the same either physically or psychologically.so you shouldn't expect the same behavior ,or does your brothers have breast or are they as touchy as you are when you understand this then all would fit in quite well,just as you claim,let me inform you now that women are grand masters of the game of double standing,it is only a woman who wears fake ass,padded bra,fake nail,fake hair,fake eye lashes even fake complexion yet she tells you i want a real man can anybody be more double standard than that

mimzy:
Growing up as a Nigerian female, you're told to sit, talk, act and respond to situations in certain ways or you'll be branded as "unladylike". Women are conditioned in a certain way and most of us have adhered to these rules.

Notwithstanding, these questions have always been a puzzle to me, other women and, I suspect, even men:

1. Why do men feel they should be forgiven when they cheat on their women but the rules change when these same women cheat on them, even once or just emotionally?

2. Why do contemporary men insist women share the bills but they think it beneath them to help out in domestic chores?

3. Why should a man be hailed by his friends for bragging about his sexual encounters with women but they slut-shame a woman who's honest about her escapades with a man she's into?

4. Why do Nairaland men insult a woman who's liberal in her views but cheer on a guy who says lewd things about women?

5. Why do men generalize all women as "_bitches" and '_hoes" but take offense when allusions are made to their female relatives being the same?

Even on this thread, some men would prove me right but the question is: WHY THE DOUBLE STANDARDS?
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Mayflowa(m): 4:40am On Apr 06, 2016
mimzy:
thanks darl. i'm waiting especially for the contribution of reasonable guys and ladies alike wink

Modern men now do chores, cook and cut women some slack if they wanna discuss their escapades. There are just things that are gifted to men and women naturally. Women have various areas they enjoy that men wonder about.

That is why very few people would like to switch their sex even if they are offered 5 million naira. So, would you like to switch yours?
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by dilini(m): 5:50am On Apr 06, 2016
dollyjoy:
"man's world" means men have upperhand in most areas of human endeavour,which is true,over the years,women have tried claiming equality with men but that is not possible,it have been so right from the "early man"days.btw,the world is not really that "tough" to women compared to men.

I believe the world will be a more satisfactory place if we admit and accept our place as "men's helpmate" not men equal.

I just fell in love with you with your submission and opinion. The best answer I've read so far. God bless your reasoning dear..
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by dilini(m): 5:53am On Apr 06, 2016
Stupedinluv:

It isnt a man's fault that he cheats??
It isnt a man's fault that he insults you? Its natural

Some of you women have no brains( i am pissed)

Lol... seems some ladies on NL's got on your nerves... I hope you've got Armour ready 'cos NL ladies are gonna come for u with some backlashes.. but hey you made a valid point and I'm in support... Nice one
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Smellymouth: 5:58am On Apr 06, 2016
mimzy:

angrylolz. Its to discourage you from thinking bout divorce.
Smellymout.h please do u have a meme for this guy cheesy

He has spent half his day queuing at the filling station grin

Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Nobody: 6:12am On Apr 06, 2016
Kikikiki grin
Smellymouth:

He has spent half his day queuing at the filling station grin
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Nobody: 6:13am On Apr 06, 2016
No way!!! Despite how challenging it is, I love being a woman cheesy

Mayflowa:

Modern men now do chores, cook and cut women some slack if they wanna discuss their escapades. There are just things that are gifted to men and women naturally. Women have various areas they enjoy that men wonder about.

That is why very few people would like to switch their sex even if they are offered 5 million naira. So, would you like to switch yours?

1 Like

Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Nobody: 6:16am On Apr 06, 2016
Lol.. Points well noted ..but please take note, my thread was just based on general observation , not like something really triggered it.. Hope we are in the clear smiley

KingRex1:
Mimzy. Women always play the victim. You people always wanna be pampered nd cared for bt at same time step on thes guys nd wana be above em(feminism).

Forgettin that guys are egocentric nd wuld take away that care nd respect wen trampled upon.

If you ask me, i feel this world favors nd smiles on the ladies more.. We men kip suffrin nd smiling only to hear the complaints nd nags of females at the end of the.

I am nd will neva be in support of men maltreating ladies, i condemn it.

Also men are easily aroused, some even by breeze. Its natural even in lower animals.Tho this is no excuse for cheatin bt fact is that its EASIER for a man to fall into havin extramarital sex affairs than a woman.. Unfortunately that law ws propounded by mother nature herself. So if at all less pity shld be accorded to any, it shld be to the man.

Ladies should be treated with maximum love, care nd respect but wen thats taken advantage of...? You knw the rest.. Such thread as urs would come up the next day.
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Nobody: 6:19am On Apr 06, 2016
Invalid point my dear. We all know that the male and female body structure differs...that's not reason enuf..
What bout the guys with ear piercings?
What bout the guys who weave their hair?
What bout the guys who put on ladies clothing
Oh pls..I could go on and on...Ur reason isn't REASON ENOUGH wink

guyXander:

If I take off my shirt and go topless as a guy, would you as a girl?
I mean, in public.
Equality BS.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by hensben(m): 6:21am On Apr 06, 2016
onstelly:

So
We came to this earth before you, fact is you were created from us by God. You still need more prove? My dear the fact are visible to the blind and audible to the deaf that it's a man's world. Another important point, man named every creatures on earth. Men were created in God image and likeness but you were created from men.
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Nobody: 6:21am On Apr 06, 2016
Just cos something has become a crazy norm doesn't make it natural. wink

pinceprinz:

Is a natural somtin . Deal with that ma'am!
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Nobody: 6:27am On Apr 06, 2016
mimzy:
Just cos something has become a crazy norm doesn't make it natural. wink

cheesy Dey there dey deceive yaself oh , a lie when repeated again and again becomes a truth eventually. You don't know?
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Nobody: 6:49am On Apr 06, 2016
One of the few guys here with an unbiased mindset... Points noted sir smiley

Dcholeric:

I permit you to disagree as much as it seems ok to you dear .

60:40 could be what is expected
, but it ain't what is practiced.
same goes for the domestic chores issue.

unless if you're talking base on some foreign and well developed countries, and yet 60:40 ratio isn't still a norm in countries like that .

to be really honest with you, I am being in accordance to realty and not sentimental only because I perceive a good level of sincerity in your posts.

if not I go don Dey state 1000 reasons and events where and when 60:40 ratio isn't even in connection with today's thought, not to even mention the today's world in realty.

but I must confess, a hand full amount of women are grabbing the importance of the "independent woman ",but even at that, women seems to be naturally dependent on men when it comes to providing and protection and men find it naturally a thing of pride to take hold of such reponsibilties.

in essence it is only natural that men dominates in providing and protecting and women mostly do keeping and helping .

Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by onstelly(f): 6:49am On Apr 06, 2016
hensben:
We came to this earth before you, fact is you were created from us by God. You still need more prove? My dear the fact are visible to the blind and audible to the deaf that it's a man's world. Another important point, man named every creatures on earth. Men were created in God image and likeness but you were created from men.
Hahahaha
Good one, in as much as all you said all is the truth, I have this feeling you are sounding this way cos women are fighting for equality.
My dear me too is not a fan of that, just that we shouldn't be trampled upon cos we came from a man's rib, we should be respected I need not to tell you that some men don't do that and our opinion should matter sometimes. Is that too much to ask, I guess you ans is as good as mine
Good morning

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Nobody: 7:08am On Apr 06, 2016
Lol.. Nice try..

An0nimus:

lol I'll bet she's not up to 21. Still not an insult.
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by KingRex1(m): 7:13am On Apr 06, 2016
mimzy:

Lol.. Points well noted ..but please take note, my thread was just based on general observation , not like something really triggered it.. Hope we are in the clear smiley

I cant be rest assured but yea yea we clear. Morning.
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by skedy1(m): 7:35am On Apr 06, 2016
ZeeAfrica:
Op honey, i love u baby.
14 years...lol
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by AngelZee: 7:36am On Apr 06, 2016
Me aren't the only culprits. We women gave them the chance. It's a man's world they say and we allowed them rule the world. No one is contending power with them. Women aren't just to be a low life or slaves. We are always the victims of domestic abuse, sexual harassment, discrimination in all ramifications because we allow it. Ask a father to allow his daughter attend a military school and he will give u reasons why as a Nigerian woman, your place is in the kitchen. We just need to get ourselves empowered. And command your man's respect in a way that does NOT bruise his ego. #mythoughts#

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Nobody: 7:41am On Apr 06, 2016
Lol, issokay, good morning and enjoy the rest of ur day wink

KingRex1:
I cant be rest assured but yea yea we clear. Morning.

1 Like

Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Mayflowa(m): 7:52am On Apr 06, 2016
mimzy:
No way!!! Despite how challenging it is, I love being a woman cheesy

Hahahahaha. I teach in a university and I have asked my students same question. Never saw anyway that wanna switch gender as needy as they are.

1 Like

Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Kimoni: 8:26am On Apr 06, 2016
Sagamite:

No one forces you to forgive. It is utterly your choice, just like when they make their choice not to forgive.

So I don't understand what you are complaining about.

This is a personal arrangement thing.

Personally, I would wonder what a women brings to my life if she does not do the domestic chores.

I would gain all that emotional bagage and illogical arguments that come with a woman for what benefits?

This comes back to the famous key and lock analogy.

"A key that opens any lock is a Master Key.

A lock that can be opened by any key is a Crap Lock."

Look, girl, pack this crap. You are going to get pumped because men do the fcking, not women. So men are the keys, women are the lock.

So their really is nothing to brag about about your sexual encounters of being fcked. Men do the pumping, except you want to claim to be fantastic and mean in bed, which I doubt.

By the way, a girl's friends are free to hail her about her sexual escapade. Are girls' friends all male? If not, why are you blaming men for them not hailing a girl for it?

Many of them are insecure and senseless fcktards!

If they state all women are such, then they have already said their female relatives are.

Who hacked Saga's handle??
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by gohzieh(m): 8:26am On Apr 06, 2016
We the men, we have this ego problem. In a relationship, a man hurts the lady and expects her to beg him. We have this feel of pride that after all we are the men. Cheating: men see it a quest and they have conquered that quest to grow their ego the more.
Seeing ladies as hoe or bitches is a result of his sexcapades with the women folk.

Meanwhile I still believe a real woman should have this to heart that men are the naturally proud type and anything to bring low their pride is a no-no
@mimzy

1 Like

Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by hensben(m): 8:27am On Apr 06, 2016
onstelly:

Hahahaha
Good one, in as much as all you said all is the truth, I have this feeling you are sounding this way cos women are fighting for equality.
My dear me too is not a fan of that, just that we shouldn't be trampled upon cos we came from a man's rib, we should be respected I need not to tell you that some men don't do that and our opinion should matter sometimes. Is that too much to ask, I guess you ans is as good as mine
Good morning
Talking about opinion, both gender suffer this just that the men don't or rarely go emotional about it unlike women. Again, men are to show love to women. Love is the senior brother to respect, in other words, when you love someone it means you respect that particular person. Meanwhile, women are to respect men and like I mentioned earlier respect is the junior brother to love. Love is the ultimate gift you can give. Even, The Lord commanded us to love our neighbor as we love ourselves. All this principles are there in the bible except you are not a Christian. Man only go ballistic with woman when she try to claim superior over him forget. Have you sit down to ask yourself why divorce rate is on increase mostly in western world. Because men now respect women instead of loving them verse visa. All thanks to feminism. Most average women in western world are beginning to regret the action though. Sorry my story come dey too long

Good morning to you too. smiley

1 Like

Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Nobody: 8:36am On Apr 06, 2016
in summary.. men are egocentric in nature. i concur smiley

gohzieh:
We the men, we have this ego problem. In a relationship, a man hurts the lady and expects her to beg him. We have this feel of pride that after all we are the men. Cheating: men see it a quest and they have conquered that quest to grow their ego the more.
Seeing ladies as hoe or bitches is a result of his sexcapades with the women folk.

Meanwhile I still believe a real woman should have this to heart that men are the naturally proud type and anything to bring low their pride is a no-no
@mimzy

2 Likes

Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Dcholeric: 8:38am On Apr 06, 2016
mimzy:
One of the few guys here with an unbiased mindset... Points noted sir smiley

you are welcome dear.
by the way, I am just a young man.

and thanks for the complement.

you look tempting , no wonder lezz....erm..erm......never mind grin .

2 Likes

Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Nobody: 8:46am On Apr 06, 2016
Lezz what grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Dcholeric:

you are welcome dear.
by the way, I am just a young man.

and thanks for the complement.

you look tempting , no wonder lezz....erm..erm......never mind grin .
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by An0nimus: 8:58am On Apr 06, 2016
mimzy:
Lol.. Nice try..
Bulls eye. Guess I won my bet.
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by danbrowndmf(m): 9:03am On Apr 06, 2016
dollyjoy:
i think it high time you guys stop seeing ladies as sex object please!
this perspective will only change only if u start seing ur guy your friend & not your provider. Then u both will surely have equal right in the relationship...the moto is "Don't turn me to Atm & i won't turn you to sex object" though we can always help ourselves when we have.
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by kaziblake(f): 9:10am On Apr 06, 2016
GogobiriLalas:
By a what?
Coward

3 Likes

Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by kaziblake(f): 9:12am On Apr 06, 2016
danbrowndmf:
this perspective will only change only if u start seing ur guy your friend & not your provider. Then u both will surely have equal right in the relationship...the moto is "Don't turn me to Atm & i won't turn you to sex object" though we can always help ourselves when we have.
Haven't you seen hardworking women who don't depend on their husband?

2 Likes

Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Nobody: 9:12am On Apr 06, 2016
GogobiriLalas:
undecided

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Can You Date A Lady Who Cannot Cook? / Guys, Have You Ever Had A T.hree.some? Share Your Experience. / The type of woman that truly Deserves A Faithful husband?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.