Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,870 members, 7,813,966 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:56 PM

Men And Their Double Standards. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Men And Their Double Standards. (29493 Views)

Deadrat Scam And Double Standards / Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. / Double Standards Of Feminism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Dcholeric: 5:10pm On Apr 05, 2016
1 : if a woman wants to cheat, she should go ahead there's no law that states "a man can cheat but not a woman", if you let the words of people control you, you shouldn't blame anyone.

2 : men are not immune to chores, as I see husbands taking care of domestic chores daily (even when they are the sole financial provider in the home), they lift heavy properties around the house , they take care plumbing, electrical (...e.t.c ) faults.
the thing is that women are mostly on a low percentage when it comes to bill and men are also on a low percentage when it comes to chores, so it is balance , although the reverse could be the case in just a few marriages.
bills most times : men 90%- women10%
chores most times : men 15% - women 85%
my assumption according to daily views .

3 : its same as number one , f*ck and brag, there's no law that support a man and restricts a woman on this issue.

4 : It's nairaland as you have typed, so if you can't beat them , join them grin

5 : almost everyone is bound to be sentimental on issues concerning their loved ones , so it doesn't apply to men alone .
women do say "all men are cheats/same" but refuse to admit it applies to their fathers .

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by ZeeAfrica(f): 5:17pm On Apr 05, 2016
SAINTSAMURAI:
yeah its different but urs was @op honey i love u. chai got to call the police.

hehehhehe okay i catch u. U do knw dat i love u too right? I not only love the op, bt i love u s well, n m callin u honey too. So wil u call de cops as well?
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Nobody: 5:19pm On Apr 05, 2016
ZeeAfrica:

hehehhehe okay i catch u. U do knw dat i love u too right? I not only love the op, bt i love u s well, n m callin u honey too. So wil u call de cops as well?
hmm smiles nope i dare nt call the cops. our love is legal.
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Nobody: 5:24pm On Apr 05, 2016
ujudiaz ure welcum to nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Nobody: 5:24pm On Apr 05, 2016
Mimzy luv,I think it should be 'The world/nature and its double standards with women'. Truth is it isn't men's fault that the world is like that,its nature!
Nature said a man's way can never be same as a woman's. I believe all this where put in place for the survival of our species. Imagine what it'd be like if we all had the same rights and lives.
A man has tendencies and weaknesses,so does a woman. A man is like a key and a woman like a lock.A key that opens many locks is a master key while a lock that can be opened by many keys is useless.
Ndi Igbo na-ekwu na "anara adi abuo apu ara". There's a man's way and there's also a woman's way. That's what my mother taught me and that's also what I'll teach my girls.Hope this helps.

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Nobody: 5:26pm On Apr 05, 2016
dollyjoy:
i think it high time you guys stop seeing ladies as sex object please!
how would guy's stop it when the ladies are always displaying their assets in sexually appealing ways, haven't you seen the pose most girlls pictures? Why expose your boobs and ask men not to look or call them perverts when the look? I bet you that most nl girls post their profile pix where they are showcasing/advertising their azz, boobs, legs or something in a provocative way and let's not forget men are attracted to what they see and these girls knows this so who is the hunter and who is the bushmeat? If the rate of indecent exposures decline maybe just maybe objectification just might too.

6 Likes

Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by ZeeAfrica(f): 5:29pm On Apr 05, 2016
SAINTSAMURAI:
hmm smiles nope i dare nt call the cops. our love is legal.

hehehe dat means u r homophobic
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Nobody: 5:32pm On Apr 05, 2016
lezz:
You want the truth? Ok, A man's sexual arousal is like a light bulb; swift and in a flash of an instance.

A woman's sexual impulses are like a volume knob, slow and gradual. Bottom line, women are more premeditated when cheating and carry out a lot of detailed planning.

Men will just want to nail an ass that breezes by with the instant arousal of his nature, women are more likely to plan and fine-tune their mission before execution.

Women's cheating aren't always a one-off mistake!

Every man should be comfortable with domestic chores.
I don't think the average man shames a woman for her sexual narration with her "guy" except she is silly enough to recount details of escapades of lots of body counts.

But men should brag just a bit grin grin
grin we do the wooing, take the risks, plot the map, stand the fear of rejection, we should rejoice with a little chest thumping!

Are you talking about feminism?

What kind of a man would generalise women in such derogatory term except the ones who act like bïtches?
All rules have exceptions, baby.

Women seem to know all the rules and few men learn the exceptions!!!

You have spoken for yourself dear, we both know majority of men are guilty of having these dual standards... Its not fair to women. But I agree with you tho... "Somehow"

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Nobody: 5:32pm On Apr 05, 2016
ZeeAfrica:

hehehe dat means u r homophobic
hehe yeah i am but nt a violent one. i dnt like anoda lady to start enjoying what belongs to me by right, law and d bible.
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Nobody: 5:33pm On Apr 05, 2016
Dcholeric:
1 : if a woman wants to cheat, she should go ahead there's no law that states "a man can cheat but not a woman", if you let the words of people control you, you shouldn't blame anyone.

2 : men are not immune to chores, as a see husbands taking care of domestic chores daily (even when they are the sole financial provider in the home), they lift heavy properties around the house , they take care plumbing, electrical (...e.t.c ) faults.
the thing is that women are mostly on a low percentage when it comes to bill and men are also on a low percentage when it comes to chores, so it is balance , although the reverse could be the case in just a few marriages.
bills most times : men 90%- women10%
chores most times : men 15% - women 85%
my assumption according to daily views .

3 : its same as number one , f*ck and brag, there's no law that support a man and restricts a woman on this issue.

4 : It's nairaland as you have typed, so if you can't beat them , join them grin

5 : almost everyone is bound to be sentimental on issues concerning their loved ones , so it doesn't apply to men alone .
women do say "all men are cheats/same" but refuse to admit it applies to their fathers .

Valid points. wink
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Nobody: 5:36pm On Apr 05, 2016
Persephenee:
Mimzy luv,I think it should be 'The world/nature and its double standards with women'. Truth is it isn't men's fault that the world is like that,its nature!
Nature said a man's way can never be same as a woman's. I believe all this where put in place for the survival of our species. Imagine what it'd be like if we all had the same rights and lives.
A man has tendencies and weakness,so does a woman. A man is like a key and a woman like a lock.A key that opens many locks is a master key while a lock that can be opened by many keys is useless.
Ndi Igbo na-ekwu na "anara adi abuo apu ara". There's a man's way and there's also a woman's way. That's what my mother taught me and that's also what I'll teach my girls.Hope this helps.

Lol! I agree with everything you've said except the key thingy.... So you agree with the key & lock theory??
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Nobody: 5:39pm On Apr 05, 2016
mimzy:

Lol! I agree with everything you've said except the key thingy.... So you agree with the key & lock theory??
Inasmuch as I dont want to,
But look at the society and you find out that its so frigging true.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by ZeeAfrica(f): 5:44pm On Apr 05, 2016
SAINTSAMURAI:
hehe yeah i am but nt a violent one. i dnt like anoda lady to start enjoying what belongs to me by right, law and d bible.

hehehehhe lol, i have noticed dat here in nigeria, homophobia is bread, whereas in other countries, people r free. Does dat mean nigerians are more religious dan other nations? Or does it mean dat nigerians r nt morden?
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Nobody: 5:46pm On Apr 05, 2016
When you say it's a man's world, you mean??

Have you ever wondered what the world would be like without women in it?
Everything in life is arranged to the advantage of men, Life is tough for women but somehow we are able to accept and overcome the challenges,
The power of women springs from her role in overcoming these socially and personally self-defeating ways of men...

cordss:
Its a mans world sweetheart... sorry about that... but some of the things you mentioned are not what real men do.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by dollyjoy(f): 5:51pm On Apr 05, 2016
icedbeatz:
how would guy's stop it when the ladies are always displaying their assets in sexually appealing ways, haven't you seen the pose most girlls pictures? Why expose your boobs and ask men not to look or call them perverts when the look? I bet you that most nl girls post their profile pix where they are showcasing/advertising their azz, boobs, legs or something in a provocative way and let's not forget men are attracted to what they see and these girls knows this so who is the hunter and who is the bushmeat? If the rate of indecent exposures decline maybe just maybe objectification just might too.
i totally agree with you, But saying ladies are good for sex alone is totally wrong and rediculous. Ladies have got more to offer other than sex,in terms of finance,emotional support and more.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by dollyjoy(f): 6:01pm On Apr 05, 2016
mimzy:
When you say it's a man's world, you mean??

Have you ever wondered what the world would be like without women in it?
Everything in life is arranged to the advantage of men, Life is tough for women but somehow we are able to accept and overcome the challenges,
The power of women springs from her role in overcoming these socially and personally self-defeating ways of men...

"man's world" means men have upperhand in most areas of human endeavour,which is true,over the years,women have tried claiming equality with men but that is not possible,it have been so right from the "early man"days.btw,the world is not really that "tough" to women compared to men.

I believe the world will be a more satisfactory place if we admit and accept our place as "men's helpmate" not men equal.

11 Likes

Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Nobody: 6:03pm On Apr 05, 2016
Persephenee:
A man has tendencies and weaknesses,so does a woman. A man is like a key and a woman like a lock.A key that opens many locks is a master key while a lock that can be opened by many keys is useless.

It isnt a man's fault that he cheats??
It isnt a man's fault that he insults you? Its natural

Some of you women have no brains( i am pissed)

6 Likes

Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Nobody: 6:04pm On Apr 05, 2016
Well said...as regards indecent dressing, Our parents, the society and the peer groups are to blame for this social malady. Sadly, most ladies have been sexually abused because of their mode of dressing.
For me, indecent dressing is not the monopoly of women folk, the men are also guilty of same. These days young men and even adult men, wear their trousers in such a manner that the belt ends up at the buttocks, almost displaying their anuses in the most offensive manner.

How come it is still the women that have a higher percentage on the issue of rape?

In a nation that is endowed with varieties of culture and traditions, it is annoying seeing this culture and traditions going into extinction. Nigerians find it difficult to dress in their local attire as it is regarded as “old and archaic.”

icedbeatz:

1 Like

Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by lezz(m): 6:06pm On Apr 05, 2016
mimzy:

You have spoken for yourself dear, we both know majority of men are guilty of having these dual standards... Its not fair to women. But I agree with you tho... "Somehow"
Women have the powers to influence men!!!

The modern woman has not yet been able to balance the modern expectations of being a career woman, a mother and a wife.

The derogatory term, bïtch and all is relatively a new form of address for crones and hags. It hasn't always been so.

Women of today have a lot of work to do about balancing the expectations they have placed on themselves, men aren't the ones to blame.

Ask me at the backdoor later
wink
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Lsofdk(m): 6:07pm On Apr 05, 2016
hmmm let me treat the ones i can
1. i feel to forgive or not is a personal decision, not a sexual thing.
2. i can say for all men but i can comfortably carry out any house chore. besides *some* men don't like the idea of splitting bills and would handle them single handedly, they just expect the ladies to be able to cover some cost without bothering them
3. i'm guilty of this in a way. i don't hail friends for their sexcapades though and i won't slut shame a woman verbally *i may do that in my thoughts*
4&5 i don't do this and probably don't know why

you should know some guys are not guilty of the said… you should loosen your grip and place **some men**

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by joseph1832(m): 6:17pm On Apr 05, 2016
mimzy:
Growing up as a Nigerian female, you're told to sit, talk, act and respond to situations in certain ways or you'll be branded as "unladylike". Women are conditioned in a certain way and most of us have adhered to these rules.

Notwithstanding, these questions have always been a puzzle to me, other women and, I suspect, even men:

[b]1. Why do men feel they should be forgiven when they cheat on their women but the rules change when these same women cheat on them, even once or just emotionally?
The issue of forgiveness is entirely base on the person(s) involved. Its a personal thing, however, never forget, we live in a primordial albeit relatively primitive society (in thinking) that believe a woman shouldn't be compared with a man in anyway. We shouldn't forget that when it comes to marriage, the words "for better for worse" should never be forgotten. Even in relationships...

2. Why do contemporary men insist women share the bills but they think it beneath them to help out in domestic chores?
Only a primitive man (in thinking and behavior) thinks and behaves like this. I am a man. I take pride in cooking for not just my male friends, but my female friends, there is not one chore people attach to the female folk that I can not do. So far, the only thing a woman can do, that I can not do, is to give birth, and breast feed babies.

3. Why should a man be hailed by his friends for bragging about his sexual encounters with women but they slut-shame a woman who's honest about her escapades with a man she's into?
The society play a role in this, however, There's a saying, "they way you show yourself to people is the way they take you" believe me, any man who brags about any girl he has shagged do so because of the way the girl offered or showed herself to him. Even guys who kiss and tell will always keep mute when the shag that girl that wows them beyond their wildest dream.

4. Why do Nairaland men insult a woman who's liberal in her views but cheer on a guy who says lewd things about women?
Well I believe this question is in two fold, recently, as I know you know, lezz/lezzlie was lampooned for his overtly wooing of Nairaland females, even I have lot count on the amount of times I've been tagged a randy old raunchy womaniser come philanderer who slaughter Nairaland females at will.

So to answer this question, I'll enjoin you to never forget this, "people see what they want to see" and people will always fail to see what's in front of them, even if its looking at them straight in the eye.

Its not only Nairaland female who get slammed for making lewd remarks, we men do too, but difference is you don't see us opening threads to complain about it. grin

5. Why do men generalize all women as "_bitches" and '_hoes" but take offense when allusions are made to their female relatives being the same? [/b]

Even on this thread, some men would prove me right but the question is: WHY THE DOUBLE STANDARDS?
The nigerian society is one full of half wits and lobotomize purus idiotas. I'm just saying the nigerian society comprise mainly of people of below par intelligence, that's why you see people term girls as b1tches.

Some people feel its okay to give and feed people sh1t, but when you feed them that same sh1t, they complain. The typical nigerian see it as his god given right to mess with people.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by jrerico1(m): 6:17pm On Apr 05, 2016
mimzy:
Growing up as a Nigerian female, you're told to sit, talk, act and respond to situations in certain ways or you'll be branded as "unladylike". Women are conditioned in a certain way and most of us have adhered to these rules.

Notwithstanding, these questions have always been a puzzle to me, other women and, I suspect, even men:

1. Why do men feel they should be forgiven when they cheat on their women but the rules change when these same women cheat on them, even once or just emotionally?

2. Why do contemporary men insist women share the bills but they think it beneath them to help out in domestic chores?

3. Why should a man be hailed by his friends for bragging about his sexual encounters with women but they slut-shame a woman who's honest about her escapades with a man she's into?

4. Why do Nairaland men insult a woman who's liberal in her views but cheer on a guy who says lewd things about women?

5. Why do men generalize all women as "_bitches" and '_hoes" but take offense when allusions are made to their female relatives being the same?

Even on this thread, some men would prove me right but the question is: WHY THE DOUBLE STANDARDS?
its pathetic.. Its not easy a be a Nigerian woman. In my village most wealthy men marry 2nd wife, for no reason. And the 1st wife must not cheat unless divorced.. Its just a mystery

1 Like

Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by oseiwe(m): 6:18pm On Apr 05, 2016
mimzy:
HMMMM... care to expatiate ?

Men strive to be equal, women strive to be better, a woman will pull anoda woman down and create avenue to make her stay down. Men actually value women, they r our support and pillar, d bible calls dem 'helpmeet', which means dey r stronger and as d source of life, dey r not supposed to run amok like us, dats why a group of women created dat rule of law u so much despise.
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by herboshedhe(f): 6:34pm On Apr 05, 2016
mimzy:

1. Why do men feel they should be forgiven when they cheat on their women but the rules change when these same women cheat on them, even once or just emotionally?

5. Why do men generalize all women as "_bitches" and '_hoes" but take offense when allusions are made to their female relatives being the same?

Hmmmmm
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Nobody: 6:36pm On Apr 05, 2016
dollyjoy:
i totally agree with you, But saying ladies are good for sex alone is totally wrong and rediculous. Ladies have got more to offer other than sex,in terms of finance,emotional support and more.

by "ladies" i hope the multitudes of brizzles are not among? Bc we have few ladies and a whole lots of brizzles.
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by xynerise: 6:38pm On Apr 05, 2016
Erm.......I am not among grin
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Mutuwa(m): 6:38pm On Apr 05, 2016

A man's escapade and sexcapades is fashion,while that of a woman,would always be a scar on her.

This is Africa.

1 Like

Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Nobody: 6:38pm On Apr 05, 2016
Cutehector:
There is a website where u ought to ask all these questions...

We have the likes of Google, Ask, yahooanswers, and Ehen.. my favorite one, Quora.com
will you shut up your mouth cheesy grin
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:39pm On Apr 05, 2016
Choi ! grin This babe sha ... I rong efen know what tu say cool
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Nobody: 6:41pm On Apr 05, 2016
mimzy:

The answer is simple; men is to lead while women is to follow. grin
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Code45: 6:42pm On Apr 05, 2016
sheba123:
Lol... Lalasticlala and mynd44 come oo, our voice has to be heard biko grin
Are you the one on your DP? Yes or No?
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by bukynkwuenu: 6:42pm On Apr 05, 2016

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

SideChick Claims Girlfriend is her Girlfriend-in-law (Hilarious Photo) / The Truth About Lightskin Females! / RCCG Member Proposes To His Girlfriend During Church Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.