Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,008 members, 7,814,440 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:54 PM

Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland - Career (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland (81958 Views)

24 Federal Permanent Secretaries For Sack - TheEagleOnline / Why Do Most Female Secretaries Sleep With Their Bosses? / Icsan - Institute Of Chartered Secretaries And Administrators. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by Ojurere(m): 5:28pm On Nov 21, 2007
Chy,

Am so happy for you. Marriage is a good institution. Am married and when i started planning i didnt have money. I was earning far less than what am earning now. As long as you are in agreement with your hubby to be, just belive God for FAVOURED attached to him that finds a wife finds a good thing.

As per the colours, just pick colours you love most and go ahead and start buying the thin gs you would need gradually. Just make sure the wedding dress, rings, and the traditional items are available on or before the date.

I would pray with you.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by chy(f): 12:15pm On Nov 22, 2007
Thanks for ur prayers and advice teena and ojurere
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by ayomy: 1:14pm On Nov 22, 2007
Hi greatest sec/pa,

i miss d forum, due to networking problem, for the awaiting bride, God bless ur marriage, u dn,t need weeding planner for anything, that is also quality of a good wife, ability to manage little resource, and as a sec, u should know how to org, plan and implement at the same time be creative dn't use common colour.

This is my ID bukola_omolara@yahoo.com.

@ postal

it is possible that the lady that was asking question on her contributions to her org dsnt put it well. it may be part of her appraisal, cause some org will ask you to appraise urself first b/4 ur direclt boss appraise u. and is just for her to know her strength and weekness, so she will not under/over score herself. nice day.

Barika De Salah, Merry Xmas,& Happy new year in advance we should find ways of org get together for us to see face to face.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by AmyRay(f): 10:06am On Dec 12, 2007
Please does anyone work under mutinationals, I think they recruit confidential secretaries for Oil companies. I need their contact, wants to send my C.V to them.

Anyone with useful information pls help.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by AmyRay(f): 10:13am On Dec 12, 2007
Please does anyone work under mutinationals, I learnt they recruit confidential secretaries for Oil companies.  I need their contact, wants to send my C.V to them.

Anyone with useful information pls help.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by Ajike: 12:38pm On Dec 12, 2007
Hello all,
I have been enjoying your contributions, so lovely and encouraging but i have to say here that despite all this i am not so excited at all angry. Because there is no amount of professionalism you can put in, you will still be underpay, secretaries are not being paid very well in this country, is sooo sad. The moment your background is HND you're in for it. No matter how intelligent or smart you are, how good you can safe or rescue a situation, you will be seconded to your mates, honestly is dehumanizing, is not encouraging at all.

@"Please does anyone work under mutinationals, I learn t they recruit confidential secretaries for Oil companies. I need their contact, wants to send my C.V to them."

Anyone with useful information please help. Don't mind this tooo.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by Ajike: 1:15pm On Dec 12, 2007
Hi soulonfire,

abeg is the job still on, i have to change my job desperately. I am currently working in a bank but am not conformtable with the setting at all.

Mypeace, i can feel you. Am really enjoying your contributions, very encouraging but our govt must do something about our HND being seconded to university graduates. Imagine the offer from Vinne Sec to be paid 40-45k per month in a bank while somebody that graduated from university yesterday, employ today will be paid 100k per month, honestly it make me sick attimes.

Great salute to Secretaries/PAs in the house
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by Mimee: 3:10pm On Dec 12, 2007
MyPeace,
I am really grateful to you for this post. but why do bosses behave to Secretaries/PA's as if they are just another "glorified housemaid" when things go wrong without the Secretary/PA's knowledge. My organization is having a "restructuring programme" going on which is affecting almost everyone in the office. apparently, i assumed this was not going to affect me but with the way things are taking shape, i believe its time to move on. Dears, i'll be grateful if you have any idea of openings but i'll prefer "ikeja" area,
Regards
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by MyPeace(f): 5:21pm On Dec 13, 2007
@all

sorry l have not been regular on this forum, l have found a new LOVE at business section.

@Amyray,

Multinational - haa!! Which coy bears MULTINATIONAL? or u mean multinational coys, so which of them? l dont seem to understand your grammar, pardon me pls.

@Ajike,
l feel you. The problem is that banks employ most pple now as contract staff irrespective of profession, so dont tell me secretaries are only pple employed as one. l have a frnd with GTB, HND, she earns well as a full time staff. Another with Access earns 50k as a contractor.

@Mimee

All secretaries are not gloried housemaids. lt depends on your coy's setting. However, if l serve tea to my boss or at a meeting, does that make me one? its part of my job functions. l always tell pple to carry their job and themselves with dignity. You are not wat pple think of u, but what u think of urself.

l wish you all a merry xmas and prosperious New Year in advance[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000]
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by Ajike: 9:44am On Dec 14, 2007
Hi Mypeace

Can we know who or what that is your new LOVE that is keeping you away from us, abeg we're jealous oooo grin smiley grin

I also mean every HND holders irrespective of their discipline are contract staff in a bank but am surprise about that your friend, HND? full staff in GTB? please can you tell me how she did it, may be that will change my feelings about banking industry.

Lots of LOVE AND PEACE IN THIS SEASONS OF LOVEEEEEEEE
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by MyPeace(f): 10:23am On Dec 14, 2007
the new love is "Stock Market Tips for Nigerians" l am so addicted to it, but thank God its having a alot of influence in my finances.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by Ajike: 11:46am On Dec 14, 2007
Haaaaa! Mypeace, you should have also share that with us nowww , although i know little about it but it can be of help to our other forum members. What do you think?
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by MyPeace(f): 12:20pm On Dec 14, 2007
ok ooo, l am not being selfish oo, but this is an open site now, member shd try other good sections for more knowledge. l recommend that forum to all, l bet u, ur life will never remain the same. lf you dont have a stockbroker, l will recomend one for you, with 100k, you will open an account with his coy. 2008 will surely be a year of FINANCIAL FREEDOM, if you can follow assidiously the advice the gurus are gvn on there.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by jody(f): 12:48pm On Dec 14, 2007
hi peace i am interested in the stockbroker thing. please keep me posted.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by FunmyKemmy(f): 12:58pm On Dec 14, 2007
Hi All,

I am so happy to join this forum. I have gained a lot from the various contributions.

I am a Confidential Secretary/Relationship Officer to the Company Secretary in my Company (Ibadan). I would like to get a new job as soon as possible. Anyone with good information should mail me at ayokemi2003@yahoo.com.

Thanks.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by earthrealm(m): 1:00pm On Dec 14, 2007
@ my peace,

am interested, whats the name of the stock broker, that u want to reccomend.

i need both lagos n port harcourt based ones
thanks
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by MyPeace(f): 3:00pm On Dec 14, 2007
@ all

if you are interested, here is the coy's website www.Citiinvestcap.com

My contact person's name is
Adepemi Atilade
adepemiatilade@citiinvestcap.com

you can email him for further inquiries. For now, l am enjoying his personalised services.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by teena(f): 4:10pm On Dec 14, 2007
@Ajike, the Nigerian Banking sector is not an encouraging place in terms of employment for all HND Holders no matter the course, the schl and the grade. All the same, I encourage you not to relent, try to make good use of every available opporunity to add something to your career. If you acquire experience is a bank, you can always seek for full employment in another one or do a Banking programme if you wish to pursue your career there. I have many coursemates in the banking sector but most of them are Contract Staff. Meanwhile, one of them just secured job in another bank now with her experience and her take home is not less than 120K. I wish you goodluck!

@ mypeace, hahahaha I feel you oooo, Good job - keep it up!!!
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by frankoko(m): 8:23am On Dec 18, 2007
hello everybody, i want to say that this forum is a good one.
well i used to be called a PA untill recently my chairman said i should be call executive assistant
but i think its still the same thing,
well i am supposed to now run the whole admin functions of the group
and i think i need ideas to help me int his new task,

secondly i need useful information about CIPM on being a member

thanks pips!
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by teena(f): 12:42pm On Dec 18, 2007
MERRY XMASS TO YOU ALL, MY BELOVED FORUM MEMBERS!

REMEMBER TO SHARE WITH FRIENDS AND HAVE ENOUGH FUN AS YOU CELEBRATE.

May God grant Journey Mercies to all that will be travelling during this festive period.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by brownbaby(f): 2:30pm On Dec 20, 2007
Hi all,

Happy to be back on this forum, was away for my wedding.

I miss u all. Its a good idea that we are sharing our mail addy, and I'm glad that
many are benefitting from this forum. Keep up the good work.

Mine is bukkyjil2004@yahoo.com.

BARKA DE SALLAH, MERRY XMAS AND PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR TO U ALL.

"Follow ur dream this new year, u can make it if u believe it."
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by teena(f): 11:08am On Dec 24, 2007
@Ojurere, we've not heard from you, how far?
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by joshjosh(m): 1:31pm On Dec 29, 2007
can someone please help me with employment agencies details for PA/Secretaries. we want someone based in lagos.
did i hear someone say 50,000 naira is a good pay? can i ask for what a very good PA should be paid for a hard days job.?

many thanks and have a good new year everyone.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by MyPeace(f): 12:33pm On Dec 31, 2007
@joshjosh

Thank you for your enquiry.  There are many employment agencies in Nigeria. I don't know of any specific one for PA/Secretaries.

We did not mean here that 50K is ok for PA jobs.  You should understand that there are jobs and there are JOBS.  My friend works with NNPC as a pool secretary and her salary is 250K per month as she told me.  So you can see that it all depends on the industry and company. 

By the way, why searching for employment Agency, when you have HANDFUL of PAs/Secretries in the house wink? Abeg give us a trial oo cheesy, most of us base in Lagos.

Please let us hear from you.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by blissful(f): 7:31pm On Dec 31, 2007
I just joined this forum today and I'm so impressed & delighted by the contributions of everyone; I must confess that I've learned a lot. I use to be a Confidential Secretary with an Oil Company in Portharcourt. I'm presently in the US working as a PA with a County Commissioner. I have been on this job for about 4 years, and so far, so good (I'm loving it). Also, I do a small business part-time. I will be glad to make submissions and contributions from time to time. In the mean time, I can be reached via email @ blissfultrip@hotmail.com

love you all kiss
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by joshjosh(m): 8:04pm On Dec 31, 2007
Many thanks ma'am. i didn't say 50,000' was OK infact i thought it was strange. that has always been our preferred route. i will tell the Pa here to give me a mail box for cv's in the new year.

Happy new year everyone
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by MyPeace(f): 8:18am On Jan 02, 2008
@Blissful

thank you for joining us. pls roll in ur contributions.

@Joshjosh

Thanks once more. We shall be glad to forward our CVs.

@All

Welcome to the Year of New Beginning and Open Heaven!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by Comez: 9:08am On Jan 02, 2008
Happy New Year to you all, this is just the 'Way' to have a new beginning. I told myself that i want to be the best in what i am doing and i stumble onto this site by mere chance.

I got alot of good information about this job today from this forum, though i had been on the job for several years and attended various training.

Thanks My peace and the rest of the crew.

However, my challenge on the job is minutes taking, i find it difficult to recouch the sentences to make it brief, precise and accurate.

Can someone help me out please?
Rgds.
C.Omez
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by MyPeace(f): 10:36am On Jan 02, 2008
@C.omez

You are welcome to the forum.  Have fun!!

We have discussed on this forum  the sequence of minutes taking.  Though thats not your question, but you can read that on the previous pages.

On your question, l had that problem before now.  Doesnt your boss vet your minutes before final approval?  l could remeber one boss l worked with, who really taught me how to write minutes, becuase he would check and reconstruct my 'long' sentences.  But now, l can write with little or without 'red biro' during vetting.

You will get better, only if you are open to correction.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by Aladunni(f): 11:14am On Jan 02, 2008
HAPPY NEW YEAR AND NEW MONTH TO THE WHOLE HOUSE.

New Visions, New Ideas and Better Prospects. May all things come new and achievable for SECRETARIES in the house this 2008.

Even New Jobs for many that are growing wear of their present jobs.

@MyPeace
Thanks for all the contributions of last year and better still the better carriage you will give this thread this year. On the issue of minutes taking, can u attach an example of this brief and precise minutes it will be highly appreciated

I feel one of the many ways we can contribute to imroving ourselves this year is a pre-information of any seminar, training, courses and workshops that any house member may be aware of. It may go a long way to helping us develop ourselves to be the desired MODERN SECRETARY/P.A.

If I may say this do not wait till the organisation deems it fit to sponsor you cos some may not. Sponsor yourself, its going to be for you first then for the organisation.

BE HAPPY
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by MyPeace(f): 9:25am On Jan 09, 2008
hello all tongue

@ Teena
Are u back to base?
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by teena(f): 11:17am On Jan 09, 2008
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL!

I hope you all had a fun-filled Xmas/New Year Holidays?

May God grant all of us His special blessings as we match ahead this year, Amen.

@Mypeace, am back tnx, will write you later.

@joshjosh, welcome to our forum. It shall also be a very welcomed idea if you can give the forum members here the opporutnity to try things out in your company. some have done and they are not regreting it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (26) (Reply)

Average Salary For A Lawyer In A Law Firm In Nigeria / Salary Ranges Of University Lecturers In Nigeria? / Salary Structures In Nigeria And Their Full Meanings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.