Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,194 members, 7,815,167 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:26 AM

Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? (36710 Views)

Is This What Being A Supportive Husband Means Or Just Plain Stupidity? / Is He Being Wise, Cursed Or Just Wicked? / Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? by jornie(m): 12:17pm On May 26, 2016
V

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? by shizzle11(m): 12:18pm On May 26, 2016
sammied:

and you're simply a slowpoke, a useless tribal idiots... rubbish...

so he should refrain from saying the obvious truths?

may ur day be cut short as you quote me....
Tell this nonsense to your useless father. You are a despicable dingbat. what truth you fo0ol?.

May your breadth cease this moment ....
Re: Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? by Nobody: 12:18pm On May 26, 2016
IkpuMmadu:

But God told isreal to marry from isreal ...is God not enlightened?

Give the young lady a realistic advice

When an individual cooks for the public....the public will eat it comfortable
When the public cooks you can't eat....
permit me to state categorically that when God said Israelites should marry Israelites, it was figurative. Meaning people with the same believe, and religion as concerning God. Though I stand to be corrected, so we don't mis-quote. If the both families are Christians, then it has nothing to do with marrying Israel or not. This tribal things is very bad. My friend who is from Oyo served in Enugu and saw who he would love to marry, but because his family will never allow that, he had to erase the thought. So, what are we talking about?

1 Like

Re: Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? by ohenhen1: 12:18pm On May 26, 2016
Don't move on. It is very difficult to find love.
Re: Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? by Nobody: 12:21pm On May 26, 2016
The thread has been turned to a tribal war zone. cheesy

@op, I know 5yrs is a very long time invested already. But please move on now that You can.
My short opinion.

4 Likes

Re: Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? by shizzle11(m): 12:23pm On May 26, 2016
femmefetale:

I go just ignore you.The crase wey dey worry you this morning, I still dey find the cure.
Gerrarahia mehhhn. You want find cure for my crase? , you will die trying so don't even bother. You used to be a goody girl Dunno what happened to you though .. smh
Re: Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? by IGLE25(m): 12:27pm On May 26, 2016
I don't see why parents of this generation still back on tribal differences in marriage matters. I was in your shoe some years back but I have to let go of the relationship. I dated this Ibo girl for 12 years and was thinking of proposing to her on our 12th year of courtship when she broke the news of her dad not in support of the relationship and she was asking what is my take on it. I told her bluntly to go with whatever her mind chooses and she went with her father's mandate. As I am writing to you now she will be 31 this year and not in any serious relationship, I am not making gest of her but her father brought this into her life. By the grace of God I will be settling down with my Oyinbo Canada in July. I don't really know what to advise you but do what you know is best for you and the most important thing seek the face of God in this situation and all will be well with you. Goodluck in making your choice.

6 Likes

Re: Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? by jornie(m): 12:34pm On May 26, 2016
F

1 Like

Re: Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? by Nobody: 12:35pm On May 26, 2016
IkpuMmadu:

Love isn't enough in marriage
Move on
What if your son disobey you in future

He isn't the only man ....there are tons of Yoruba men that will marry you

Take this advice
ikpuuuuu something
Re: Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? by Nobody: 12:35pm On May 26, 2016
jornie:
Tribal Bigot Alert !!!
u mean double-face alert ?

1 Like

Re: Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? by ogwucheveekee(f): 12:38pm On May 26, 2016
This Is always found amongst the igbo family.they are so tribalist that they wouldn't want to know if the person whom their son is gettin married to is his match.the fail to see the good person in you.even amongst themselves is a battle between an anambra marryin someone from ebonyi or owerri.talkless on a totally different tribe.also they are so much in population and everywr,therefore meetin one is common.igbo people biko ooo teach your culture.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? by Divyne1: 12:38pm On May 26, 2016
It is very sad that tribe is a reason why a lady will throw away 5years of a good relationship. Who says love is not enough in marriage?? if its not enough, then its not love. Few people marry for love this days, and that is why they have that ideology. People marry whites for gawd sake!!! Love is a two way thing, just make sure you and your partner are on the same page. If his family are traditional, then its its a NO!

1 Like

Re: Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? by Nobody: 12:39pm On May 26, 2016
[quote author=deflover post=45984060]Yoruba gals wey thier yansh no dey stay for marriage...
don't blame his folks .
your tribe has been known as adulterers so the fear.[quote]

But not all....

1 Like

Re: Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? by smallJagaban: 12:43pm On May 26, 2016
legalspices:

U really do get my point...he can be easily manipulated even by others talk less his parents and thats my fear...wat got me more scared is he can just call me,sit me down and start telling me how he is scared of me not being accepted, how I night end up lonely....hmmmm

DON'T MARRY HIM. HE IS NOT THE RIGHT MAN FOR YOU. YOU CAN'T WITHSTAND THE PRESSURE BECAUSE HIS FAMILY MEMBER WILL PILE PRESSURE ON YOU.

LOVE IS NOT ENOUGH FOR MARRIAGE, LOVE DO END,VARNISH. HE WILL DEFINITELY MARRY ANOTHER WOMAN FROM HIS SIDE. MARRIAGE IS A LONG JOURNEY

MY SISTER MOVE ON, DON'T LOOK BACK
Re: Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? by tomzman: 12:45pm On May 26, 2016
IGLE25:
I don't see why parents of this generation still back on tribal differences in marriage matters. I was in your shoe some years back but I have to let go of the relationship. I dated this Ibo girl for 12 years and was thinking of proposing to her on our 12th year of courtship when she broke the news of her dad not in support of the relationship and she was asking what is my take on it. I told her bluntly to go with whatever her mind chooses and she went with her father's mandate. As I am writing to you now she will be 31 this year and not in any serious relationship, I am not making gest of her but her father brought this into her life. By the grace of God I will be settling down with my Oyinbo Canada in July. I don't really know what to advise you but do what you know is best for you and the most important thing seek the face of God in this situation and all will be well with you. Goodluck in making your choice.
Bros, 12 years! shocked Respect!
Sorry o but how old was she then, 15 or...?

5 Likes

Re: Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? by Choplyf(m): 12:47pm On May 26, 2016
Telemundo inclined so I perceived........simple & str8, truly love isn't just enough as posited by many guys here, reason beyond the love factor my dear, life is too short to make your life a miserable one, A broken r.ship is better than a miserable and broken marrige, a word is enough for the wise, nuff said.
Re: Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? by Odichi(f): 12:50pm On May 26, 2016
Wow 5 yrs is a lot. Anyways if d said guy is an Imo ibo there is still hope for u, but if he is Anambra ibo man then ur situation is a hopeless one. cause they don't marry outside their state. Even to marry to other ibo states no easy. Tk

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? by IkpuMmadu: 12:51pm On May 26, 2016
Felincous:

Now i c d way u reason, so choosing someone I want to marry is disobeying my parents because they are not in suppt of it? if the marital challnges come are they d one dat wil face it? U bera not allow d blanket of tribalism block ur sense of reasoning. Rememba u re alwys on ur own

Then go ahead and stop disturbing us here
Re: Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? by Nobody: 12:51pm On May 26, 2016
I am a fulani babe and my man is a yoruba man,we are engaged,his parents love me and also my parents love him...I think the key here is love,understanding from both parties.

2 Likes

Re: Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? by IkpuMmadu: 12:52pm On May 26, 2016
Odichi:
Wow 5 yrs is a lot. Anyways if d said guy is an Imo ibo there is still hope for u, but if he is Anambra ibo man then ur situation is a hopeless one. cause they don't marry outside their state. Even to marry to other ibo states no easy. Tk

I married outside my state and outside east though
Igbo speaking
Re: Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? by IkpuMmadu: 12:54pm On May 26, 2016
smallJagaban:

DON'T MARRY HIM. HE IS NOT THE RIGHT MAN FOR YOU. YOU CAN'T WITHSTAND THE PRESSURE BECAUSE HIS FAMILY MEMBER WILL PILE PRESSURE ON YOU.

LOVE IS NOT ENOUGH FOR MARRIAGE, LOVE DO END,VARNISH. HE WILL DEFINITELY MARRY ANOTHER WOMAN FROM HIS SIDE. MARRIAGE IS A LONG JOURNEY

MY SISTER MOVE ON, DON'T LOOK BACK

She won't heat that
Re: Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? by sniper77(m): 12:54pm On May 26, 2016
No matter how he loves you if his family members don't like you I will advise you walk away. A failed relationship is better appreciated than a failed marriage. I believe you understand that once you get married to a man you become a part of his family. If they don't see you as a part of their family you got no business forcing yourself on them. Tribalism is the major problem of Nigeria. My sister make hay while the sun shines.
Re: Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? by IkpuMmadu: 12:55pm On May 26, 2016
ogwucheveekee:
This Is always found amongst the igbo family.they are so tribalist that they wouldn't want to know if the person whom their son is gettin married to is his match.the fail to see the good person in you.even amongst themselves is a battle between an anambra marryin someone from ebonyi or owerri.talkless on a totally different tribe.also they are so much in population and everywr,therefore meetin one is common.igbo people biko ooo teach your culture.

If Igbo are tribalistic then stop allowing them screw u...oh the money they give isn't tribalistic

Leave Igbo alone

2 Likes

Re: Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? by IkpuMmadu: 12:56pm On May 26, 2016
alanposh:

ikpuuuuu something

Na me
Re: Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? by Nobody: 12:59pm On May 26, 2016
IkpuMmadu:

Na me
kedu maka amu nkita Ur brother??
Re: Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? by IkpuMmadu: 1:00pm On May 26, 2016
alanposh:

kedu maka amu nkita Ur brother??

Ichokwa amu nkita ara gi....he is fine
Re: Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? by jornie(m): 1:01pm On May 26, 2016
tooco:
u mean double-face alert ?
Whats double-face?
Re: Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? by nelronaldo(m): 1:01pm On May 26, 2016
I don't know how Nigerians think sef! I know someone who isn't in good terms with his first son till date because his first son went against his wishes and married an Igbo lady. OP I know you have dated this guy for five years but truth is if you guys can't convince his parents, it's better you move ahead with your life. Don't ignore the role parents will play in your marriage life.. yes you are getting married to the man and not his parents but you are getting married into the family. It's either you take the man away from his family or his family will frustrate you, is that what you want your marriage to be like... All those talking about being tribalistic, it's part of the society, you are supposed to get married to someone you are compatible with in all ways including culturally. If his parents doesn't want a Yoruba lady, they have their reason, talk to them about it and you should have done that before now so you we know where you stand... God forbid, the marriage faces a serious challenge in the future which I don't pray for, Nairalanders will not be there to help you, you may end up being a second wife or a figure head. Sort this out with your man, your parents and his parents. All parties should agree to the marriage. If you go against their wish, who is even going to pay your bride price? The man's father who doesn't want you for his son?
And lastly, don't forget to pray! God will see you through.
Re: Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? by kaziblake(f): 1:01pm On May 26, 2016
IkpuMmadu:

Amu, I said that advice is when you know the truth and wanted to be told something else
I told her to take a walk
wetin concern amu concern this talk?Brother swerve
Re: Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? by IkpuMmadu: 1:01pm On May 26, 2016
jornie:

Because they are not as tribalistic.. Dont u get it?

That's u
Re: Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? by IkpuMmadu: 1:03pm On May 26, 2016
preciusly:

permit me to state categorically that when God said Israelites should marry Israelites, it was figurative. Meaning people with the same believe, and religion as concerning God. Though I stand to be corrected, so we don't mis-quote. If the both families are Christians, then it has nothing to do with marrying Israel or not. This tribal things is very bad. My friend who is from Oyo served in Enugu and saw who he would love to marry, but because his family will never allow that, he had to erase the thought. So, what are we talking about?

That your friend is reasonable unlike the OP ...when a family doesn't like you to be part of them ..why force yourself on them

It's desperation.....can't you see that ..it's has nothing to do with tribalism

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). / Nigerian Couple Reunited After 10 Years And Died 24hours Later In Horrible / Valentine: IgbereTV Boss, Anyalekwa Gifts Wife Benz C-Class Kompressor (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.