Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,620 members, 7,770,652 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 12:32 PM

Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work - Fashion (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work (616211 Views)

Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work By / Queenfav's Makeup Lounge...(product Reviews,makeup Tips And Recommendations) / Reviews Of The Best Skin Lightening Products You Have Ever Used. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by Mattify: 1:37pm On Jan 18, 2012
For people who suffer from oily face, Mattify Ultra is it! It truly works! Keeps the face matte and shine free for hours! It's a mineral translucent powder that is used before and after applying make up.

Holy Grail for oily faces.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by zainabubu(f): 2:40pm On Feb 03, 2012
My beauty products (purchased from Kuddy Cosmetics only)

Black Opal blemish wash - I use it as a makeup remover in the evening also, and my skin loves it. 3 years + affair
Black Opal Daily Fade Cream with Bio Affinity with SPF 15 - when I moved to naij 2 years ago, I had some mosaic like skin tone (patch patch skin). I've been using this for years now, and skin tone has remained the way God made it. (when ever I go off it in Nigeria, my skin starts its wahala again, probably something in the water.)
Unique Natural shea butter - added this into my daily for face and my body care routine in November, and people keep asking me what 'cream' I've been using!
Black Opal body renewal with alpha hydroxy - I use this with the shea butter above, and my skin just keeps glowing all day!

All of them are pretty affordable also, about N6,200, and everything last for at least 2 months.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by zainabubu(f): 11:59pm On Feb 04, 2012
It is a sad thing with these fake products, i just got the Jergens lotion for abt $5 in Walmart, which will be about N800N@160, it is sold for about N1800 in Naija, which should not really be a big issue if you are getting the real thing but then you are not sure you are!

Where do you buy your jergens from in naij? lol! the highest I pay is N1,200 for the large size of ultra healing, the others are cheaper. some 800 or so. You need to find a correct store to shop at.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by MadMax1(f): 9:13pm On Feb 17, 2012
flos:

hello mad_max, pease i have these scars which is bothering me, on ma legs. i read about the rejuveness and silicon sheets and i need to have them. pliz how can i get them. am in nigeria. thanks

No idea, girl. Heard about it on the thread. Meanwhile you could try microdermabrasion.

Soak the skin in water for 10 minutes. Tub or shower. Then apricot scrub+aloe vera on the spots and scrub with a skin brush for three minutes.

Or use salt on a moist face towel to scrub, but be gentle so you don't take off too much skin.Before lasers they used salt to remove tattoos! Two minutes if it's salt.

Do it 5 to 8 times a month--NOT MORE.Skin needs to heal--for 6 months. Works for stretch marks too.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by Gedilez(f): 4:40pm On Mar 19, 2012
cool
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by MizRuby(f): 3:07am On Apr 07, 2012
smileyAmazing thread.. Please who knows where I can get Glycolic Acid peel in lagos.. cry please answer me ooo.. Even though am a "LASTMA" in the whole discussion.. grin
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by MadMax1(f): 1:28am On Apr 08, 2012
No idea, mizruby.
Gedilez, you poor thing, there's just no way to get out of going through the whole thread. All your skin issues have been dealt with. You'll find different solutions. Just pick what works for you. You haven't been taking care of your skin, you don't even moisturise, you say. Of course you'll have skin issues. Your legs are probably lighter because they don't get as much sun as the other parts of your skin.
You need to start moisturising your skin. A simple lotion like Jergens or a neutrogena product will do. Oil-free prodcut. Pimples and skin discolourations have been dealt with. Go thru the thread. You poor thing. Stress causes breakouts too, so you might want to take it easy at work. And you might need a toner like ten-o-six because of the oily skin. You can also make your own toner by mixing four parts water to 1 part alcohol.
Don't fret. You'll be fine. Your skin will resolve its issues if you give it help.

1 Like

Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by Natasha2(f): 9:24pm On Apr 13, 2012
wow nice thread
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by Akpunwa(f): 10:19am On Apr 21, 2012
Wonderful thread...thanks Mad max.
I've used quite a lot of products neutrogena, jergens(ultra healing), marykay, nivea, nature essence etc and still counting. I saw this thread and armed with mad max's review other rave reviews on Jergens skin smoothing, I went searching for it.
You know what? 85% If not 90% of their products I found in the market were fake! How i knew? Grammatical errors! Most of them made somewhere else than the USA and some variants in the market sef are not on the company's website. I finally got lucky and must say that it's too cheap for the wonders it's doing on my skin.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by Akpunwa(f): 10:30am On Apr 21, 2012
These dudu osun reviews I saw made me get one. I love the squeaky clean feeling but it's given me breakouts! Maybe I should continue as someone said to have them cleared.
for my face, I've been using Marykay oil control lotion formula 3 and it did keep the shine and breakouts at bay. I want a product that will go a mile further to remove the tiny blackheads that's been on my face for a loong time. I'll be trying neutrogena healthy skin with retinol & salicylic acid and see how it goes. Pls better suggestions will be appreciated.

2 Likes

Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by Nobody: 9:23pm On Apr 22, 2012
Hi ladies I went to a big store on d island n I complained dat my face is darker dan my body, d woman gav me an oil n now I hav a terrible sunburn *crying* pls wat can I use for sunborn?
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by Nobody: 5:31pm On Apr 23, 2012
U guys should shld answer me na @madmax pls help

1 Like

Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by MadMax1(f): 11:33am On Apr 24, 2012
I just saw a bar indicating my response to FLOS's question, recommending microdermabrasion, is hidden. It's an old post and the lady must have thought I did not answer. I don't understand why posts should be hidden. Girl, you're correct. Almost all the Jergens available locally are fake. If you managed to get an original pls post the store so others can find it. Princess, I don't get your problem. What's sunburn? You might tend to sunburn if your skin is caucasian, especially if you're a redhead. You say Sunburn from an oil? I really don't know much about chemical burns. A dermatologist might help.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by Gedilez(f): 6:36am On Apr 28, 2012
great!
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by MadMax1(f): 1:49pm On Apr 29, 2012
How're you doing, girl? The only thing that darkens skin is the sun. There is no cosmetic ingredient that can darken your skin. The more you expose your skin to the sun, the more melanin is produced on your skin, and the darker you get. A sunscreen is essential. Or a small pretty umbrella whenever you're outdoors. Toners just deep-clean your skin and unclog your pores, stuff like ten-o-six,etc. Since your skin is uneven you could use a fade cream for two months so you're the same colour all over, then stop and go back to your regular lotion. But protect your skin from sun. I'm trying to think of a product that's available here. Nivea Naturally Even might work. It's pocket friendly. Make sure it's original, the cream not the lotion. Use twice daily. When your skin is even, stop. Any good fade cream is fine, any good UK Or US product. Don't buy made in italy, france, etc. Likely fake. Use the toner in the evenings, face and neck with a cotton bud. Then your cream. Don't apply the fade cream to your legs. Only the rest of your body. Palmers sounds fine. See if you can get Jergens shea butter lotion though. When your body is the same tone as your legs, stop the fade cream .Don't forget to drink a lot of water and eat fresh fruit. Avoid excessive sugar. Don't worry. Your skin'll go back to its radiant self.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by Nobody: 2:40pm On Apr 29, 2012
Thanks madmax I work on d island and I hardly go out in d sun except for weekend n I av a sunblock wit SPF 60. I think d oil was harsh cos my face is tender n sensitive.Thx,though I av nivea toner wld get d fade cream.And pls wat can I use for my dry skin? I got E45 cream wen I travelled bt i've not seen d diff since february. Wld appreciate if u can help.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by MadMax1(f): 8:21pm On Apr 29, 2012
The previous was for gedilez, baby. I can't recommend a fade cream for you, as I don't know what kind of oil or burn it was. I'll just take it like an ordinary burn, shall I? Honey heals skin. Mix honey and red oil and apply on the spot every night overnight for two weeks. You can't use fade cream on a burn. It needs to heal. Dry skin. I hear Olay Quench is great for dry skin. There are different kinds. Perhaps you might try the Quench that richly moisturises and removes spots and blemishes at the same time. Saw it once while buying moisturiser. I'm sure it's available locally as well.

2 Likes

Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by Gedilez(f): 3:32pm On May 01, 2012
thanks so much mad_max
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by youngsoye(m): 4:18pm On May 02, 2012
@op, i was formally light brown in complexion which i love very much buh due 2 tinea versicolor i had,i bought all dose steroid tube creams. But it just lightens my skin. Due 2 the exposure 2 sunlight,my face is now red n the rest of my body is still my former complexion. Plz wat cream or lotion can i use to regain my precious light brown complexion.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by MadMax1(f): 2:38pm On May 05, 2012
I hope Palmer's doesn't contain hydroquinone. If it does, don't use it extensively. The 'chest pimples' are likely just breakouts from stress. It's very common with doctors and other professionals in high-pressure environments. It clears off by itself. The body often heals itself. You just help it with a good diet. But you can go thru the thread for the pages where pimples and blemishes were discussed. @princess. Nivea naturally even is a good fade for the body. Maybe Makari caviar face cream for the face after the burn heals. Avon face cream is superb, but hard to find.@soye. There's no getting out of seeing a dermatologist. He'll take a look and know precisely what to recommend. In the meantime cover face overnight every night for at least six weeks with a mix of local shea butter and raw aloe vera. It's important to avoid sun and eat tons of fruits and vegetables to help your skin heal itself. Use a gentle moisturiser on your face, one with no lightening ingredients whatsoever.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by joynoy: 6:50pm On May 05, 2012
hi mad max were can i get salicylic acid or glycolic acid here in lagos.your help is needed!
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by Pearl007(f): 8:58pm On May 16, 2012
[For beautiful flawless skin tone contact www.nikkisavy-essentials.com
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by myopera1(f): 8:48pm On May 22, 2012
Its not only the sun that causes sunburn,...there are some harsh beauty products like eyezone that causes serious sunburn,even to the ears,...discontinue usage of any product on your face,.Use amos face wash,apply either macalana or Seaweed whitening antispot cream,in the morning and shea butter @ night...drink a lot of water,.and avoid the sun......it works well!!
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by LovethIfy(f): 4:41pm On May 25, 2012
mitchyy: Hey guys. Please I need your help. A friend wants to purchase clear essence under eye lightening serum for her dark under eyes. What do you think? Is it safe to use or it will cause more damage?
I will advice u to go natural, i use Potato and cucumber juice, just swes out Juice and put round the eye, leave for 15mins raise with warm water,u will love it
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by myopera1(f): 6:17pm On May 26, 2012
Its not only the sun that causes sun burn there are some facial cleanser that causes serious sunburn even to the ears..my little regi 4 sunburn:do an homemade microdermabration,@ least once in a week,or a get an herbal scrub,apply seaweed antispot cream in the morning.it smoothness the face and fades sunburn,it works very well,and apply shea butter @ night.try it
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by Onegai(f): 5:40am On Jun 05, 2012
MizRuby: smileyAmazing thread.. Please who knows where I can get Glycolic Acid peel in lagos.. cry please answer me ooo.. Even though am a "LASTMA" in the whole discussion.. grin

Hullo dear, as a makeup artist, I've had clients go to Montaigne Place and the spa on Ligali Ayorinde in VI, I believe they offer those services there.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by BEAUTYBOX9JA: 10:54pm On Jun 30, 2012
i used funbact A for a while without realising it was a topical steroid cream.Worked wonders but whenever i stop using it(presently),i have steroid-induced acne.Its really bad and itches.Help!!! cry
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by kourt: 7:45am On Jul 01, 2012
I'm also havin d same problem. Can any1 pls help suggest good acne face creams
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by EyesWideOpen(m): 9:12pm On Jul 01, 2012
Mad_Max: JUICE RITE FRUIT AND VEGETABLE SUPPLEMENTS
41/2 STARS

It isn't JUICEPLUS,but it'll serve: 17 fruits and 17 vegetables in capsules, 60 capsules in each bottle, a motnh's supply. It's a great way to supplement diet and let your skin reap the benefits of fruits, which are ESSENTIAL for great skin,along with as much water as you can manage daily.
... And how much does this thing cost? How can I get it?

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (35) (Reply)

Learn Bead Making And Wire Work Jewelry For Free Here / Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) / Pictures Of Various Ankara/kente Styles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.