Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,141 members, 7,814,997 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:12 AM

"We've Blown Two Oil Pipelines In Bayelsa" - Niger Delta Avengers - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "We've Blown Two Oil Pipelines In Bayelsa" - Niger Delta Avengers (48418 Views)

Two Oil Thieves Jailed In Calabar For Six Years / Photos OF The Co-ordinator Of Attacks On Chevron & NNPC Pipelines In Delta / Niger-Delta Avengers Blow Up Oil Pipelines To Warri,Kaduna Refineries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "We've Blown Two Oil Pipelines In Bayelsa" - Niger Delta Avengers by agbangam: 10:38pm On Jun 02, 2016
But come oo, how are we so sure say d proposed railway track won't be blown up wen built by d govt. Abeg FG shud quickly assist dem by dropping more bomb, bomb every factory, bomb all infrastructures, let's go back to agriculture and see if we won't survive. This "Oyel" from d south is course to dis nation.
Abeg Airforce just assist d avengers bomb n bomb n keep bombing, cos we have nations witout oil and are doing great. Enough is Enough for all dis lazy/destructive militants

2 Likes

Re: "We've Blown Two Oil Pipelines In Bayelsa" - Niger Delta Avengers by Mayflowa(m): 10:38pm On Jun 02, 2016
Endison:
I just pity Buhari.
He doesn't know what he's up against.
Na him mouth kill am

How can we just give in to terrorism like this! This is how boko haram took huge form.

It is everybody's call to protect our national asserts. We are need to condemn this as we did condemn boko haram and volunteer info whenever we can!
Re: "We've Blown Two Oil Pipelines In Bayelsa" - Niger Delta Avengers by Favben(m): 10:40pm On Jun 02, 2016
I don't think the NDA is clueless with the tact I see and their sense of timing.

At a time of low oil prices and a record low economic period that is not just local but worldwide, Nigeria is not in the best position to fund a ..., nor is the rest of the world for support, battling their own queer circumstances.

To everyone that is trying to judge this on the basis of "who looses?" Please think again. The light situation has become worse in my area since these attacks on the pipelines and we are still waiting for The minister for power to come before the Senate house to tell us inadequate gas supply to our turbines is the cause.

Sad thing is, the NDA are not surprised the president aggravated them, they were counting on it.

... is looming.

The average man on the street is cheering both sides on, on the basis of tribal and religious affiliations.

But lets remember, that the brunt of every ... is borne by the common man who has no diplomatic passport, private jet nor the means to either leave or survive in the ... torn territory when things get tough.

Let's find a peaceful resolution to this
OR
Agree to disagree.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "We've Blown Two Oil Pipelines In Bayelsa" - Niger Delta Avengers by ever811(m): 10:40pm On Jun 02, 2016
OK that's good..at least that will attract investors into ur region nd it will overtake Dubai ...hehehe ignorance and laziness is darker ,than the middle of the night..

2 Likes

Re: "We've Blown Two Oil Pipelines In Bayelsa" - Niger Delta Avengers by mandax: 10:42pm On Jun 02, 2016
codedguy1:
people asking the FG to negotiate with these guys are missing the point.

they are ready to cripple this govt no matter what simply because when you talk of dialogue things like pipeline contracts and amnesty schemes are proposed, this is not what these guys want as they have demonstrated.

Dialoguing with them when their major demand is basically decentralisation of the country which will reduce the powers at the center and make the region manage their resources to pay a certain amount to the center will not be easy.

The issue now will be IS THE FG READY TO DO THAT?

If the FG announces today that it will sponsor a bill to the house for the adoption of true federalism/regionalis as contained in the 2014 confab report, i bet the bombings will stop and further negotiations can take place.

justice and fairness demands that every region should be productive and contribute to the center, This will even make us more united as a country and the slogan united in diversity will make more sense.

my two cents

If getting ransom money from Buhari govt is what the NDA are blowing oil pipes for, people would have given them up to the military, because the Avengers are not ghosts.

Restructuring Nigeria so that Abuja shall become a thin central govt with powers over such things like monetary policy and international relations; allow all sections of Nigeria use what they have in and around their environment to develop their areas at their own pace;

and pay a little tax to the central government - as agreed to by our fathers when they agreed for independence under one Nigeria; as it were before oil was found.

This formula shall make Nigerian groups compete among themselves to develop their areas.

Any advantage any area has can easily be copied by any disadvantaged area. Before long, all of Nigeria - from Sokoto to Portharcourt, from Maiduguri to Lagos - shall develop.

If Nigeria refuses that, it is heading to what we all know -----

eheeen before NL Mods ban me, let me stop..

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "We've Blown Two Oil Pipelines In Bayelsa" - Niger Delta Avengers by hujjat(m): 10:43pm On Jun 02, 2016
[let them say those nda will soon meet their waterloo
Re: "We've Blown Two Oil Pipelines In Bayelsa" - Niger Delta Avengers by frubben(m): 10:46pm On Jun 02, 2016
outknow:
https://twitter.com/Niger Delta Avengers/status/738442466072879104

ADONBELIVIT

Re: "We've Blown Two Oil Pipelines In Bayelsa" - Niger Delta Avengers by Catastrophe1: 10:48pm On Jun 02, 2016
mashnino:
What still amazes me is that some people receive this news with so much joy..

I swear to GOD na everybody go feel the heat, forget all these nonsense una dey talk

some people are saying dialogue, since when they started blowing up stuffs

have they ever called for dialogue?

fighting them will be hard but if they think what they are doing is right then they should answer me this question

who war don epp?

see biafra, see boko haram, see libya, see iraq we can go on and on

war never help anybody before, so for me whatever they think they are fighting for will still come back and hunt them

that one is for sure.. so continue blowing up things.
Eiyahhhh you are pained.

2 Likes

Re: "We've Blown Two Oil Pipelines In Bayelsa" - Niger Delta Avengers by Brightology2(m): 10:48pm On Jun 02, 2016
ganisucks:
I heard today from the Urhobo youth leader on Channels tv sunsrise Daily, that all the pipelines are rigged with IED's A̶̲̥̅̊Ω̴̩̩̩̥D̶̲̥̅̊ can be detonated from remote centers, without any need †̥♥ visit the pipelines. If this is true, then the FG is fighting a lost cause.
mmmmmm there is problem in the land
Re: "We've Blown Two Oil Pipelines In Bayelsa" - Niger Delta Avengers by mutvy: 10:48pm On Jun 02, 2016
Yes keep it up. Una do well. After you don blow up all the pipelines, now set the spilled oil alight. Na your papa, mama and tribe go suffer. Una welldone o.

1 Like

Re: "We've Blown Two Oil Pipelines In Bayelsa" - Niger Delta Avengers by quickly: 10:53pm On Jun 02, 2016
Of all the countries in the world it's only Nigeria that people are blowing up pipeline intentionally and yet complain of environmental spill.

4 Likes

Re: "We've Blown Two Oil Pipelines In Bayelsa" - Niger Delta Avengers by henchmark: 10:54pm On Jun 02, 2016
please continue to blow up!!! I wish you more success, but remember those who stay in glass houses don't throw stones, and when you throw stones into a market place who knows, it may bring down your relative!!! mumu bombers!!!!!! kontunu!!!!!!!!!! am still waiting to be shocked, I thot you said you will shock the world!!!!! still infants as per where bokoharam got to. rubbish!!!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "We've Blown Two Oil Pipelines In Bayelsa" - Niger Delta Avengers by Bitterleafsoup: 10:54pm On Jun 02, 2016
outknow:
https://twitter.com/Niger Delta Avengers/status/738442466072879104
They suspended the twitter account for ND?
Re: "We've Blown Two Oil Pipelines In Bayelsa" - Niger Delta Avengers by smsshola(m): 10:55pm On Jun 02, 2016
Abeg blow all I don tire for ds nonsense... country Wtout oil ar surviving we wl survive wtout oil.Who know may be the rest of d country wl start implementing d diversification songs rather than jus singing.

God punish person wey say make una bomb am..but know one thing if d oil spill no be west or east nor north e dey spoil na ur land and u wl still need money to clean it.
Re: "We've Blown Two Oil Pipelines In Bayelsa" - Niger Delta Avengers by Nobody: 10:55pm On Jun 02, 2016
Falzdbadtguy:
are this people even sure this so called NDA even exists?! Some foreign terrorists might be paid to shut down Nigeria's oil production, so that international oil price can go up. They might even be using drones and hiding under cover of Niger delta...how else have they been unable to track them

Wise man. Unlike many, you are putting your brain to good use.

1 Like

Re: "We've Blown Two Oil Pipelines In Bayelsa" - Niger Delta Avengers by lollmaolol(m): 10:55pm On Jun 02, 2016
This is how terrorism begin

Re: "We've Blown Two Oil Pipelines In Bayelsa" - Niger Delta Avengers by codedguy1(m): 10:56pm On Jun 02, 2016
mandax:

If getting ransom money from Buhari govt is what the NDA are blowing oil pipes for, people would have given them up to the military, because the Avengers are not ghosts.

Restructuring Nigeria so that Abuja shall become a thin central govt with powers over such things like monetary policy and international relations; allow all sections of Nigeria use what they have in and around their environment to develop their areas at their own pace;

and pay a little tax to the central government - as agreed to by our fathers when they agreed for independence under one Nigeria; as it were before oil was found.

This formula shall make Nigerian groups compete among themselves to develop their areas.

Any advantage any area has can easily be copied by any disadvantaged area. Before long, all of Nigeria - from Sokoto to Portharcourt, from Maiduguri to Lagos - shall develop.

If Nigeria refuses that, it is heading to what we all know -----

eheeen before NL Mods ban me, let me stop..

Exactly! Its as simple as that but Buhari will want to be sole ruler of Nigeria.

My main regret is that we had our person there in GEJ and he bleeped up big time! Selfishness is what is killing us in this country and Buhari himself is exhibiting it, atleast for now.

Because of selfishness GEJ wanted to do first term then probably rock the boat by presenting regionalism but failed in his 2nd term bid. Why not propose it from when he won the mandate after serving out Ya yadua's term.

Something is wrong with the black man. I swear.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "We've Blown Two Oil Pipelines In Bayelsa" - Niger Delta Avengers by cbrass(m): 10:57pm On Jun 02, 2016
ganisucks:
I heard today from the Urhobo youth leader on Channels tv sunsrise Daily, that all the pipelines are rigged with IED's A̶̲̥̅̊Ω̴̩̩̩̥D̶̲̥̅̊ can be detonated from remote centers, without any need †̥♥ visit the pipelines. If this is true, then the FG is fighting a lost cause.

How did that man know? He is a suspect

Besides who cares let them bomb all of it
Re: "We've Blown Two Oil Pipelines In Bayelsa" - Niger Delta Avengers by Felincous(m): 10:57pm On Jun 02, 2016
mutvy:
Yes keep it up. Una do well. After you don blow up all the pipelines, now set the spilled oil alight. Na your papa, mama and tribe go suffer. Una welldone o.

LEAVE THEM ALONE
IT'S LIKE EDUCATION IN SS & SE IS DIFFRNT FRM OTHER REGIONS I GUESS. EVEN ALMAJIRI ARE WISER THAN THEM NO APOLOGY

3 Likes

Re: "We've Blown Two Oil Pipelines In Bayelsa" - Niger Delta Avengers by comrChris(m): 11:02pm On Jun 02, 2016
this is getting serious oo, don't just know what is giving buhari courage that NA will win this battle..

this govt is clauless n seen not to learn from previous mistakes

1 Like

Re: "We've Blown Two Oil Pipelines In Bayelsa" - Niger Delta Avengers by Favben(m): 11:03pm On Jun 02, 2016
Easternviper:
it's a question of leave my God given resources alone and fend for yourselves. stop stealing my resources to develop your region in the name of one Nigeria.

That is the clear message. I am just appalled that when a grave matter like this is up, ppl will be spilling sentimental statements based on who they are(tribe) instead of giving due thought to consequences.

Poor advice or not taking advice by the No 1 citizen brought us here. It would be fool hardy of any Nigerian to say manning the pipelines is a solution.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "We've Blown Two Oil Pipelines In Bayelsa" - Niger Delta Avengers by ebiboy2(m): 11:04pm On Jun 02, 2016
babestella:

His advisers are equally bigots, fanatics who also believe in his 97% and 5% vision. They'll never tell him anything good about SS or SE.

it is the sad truth yet APC apologists won't tell themselves the hard truth
Re: "We've Blown Two Oil Pipelines In Bayelsa" - Niger Delta Avengers by agrovick(m): 11:04pm On Jun 02, 2016
NavierStokes:
At this point President Buhari should do a simple cost -benefit analysis of going after Tompolo and negotiating with the avengers. The cost of maintaining an army down south in the face of dwindling income will be devastating while depleting our armoury. I wonder what scares the northerners on this issue of fiscal federalism. A careful look at the big picture shows that the centre will have more to gain in the long run, if all states are trading in the areas they have comparative advantage, the taxes to the centre will be more considering that the centre will mainly be in charge of making policies and maintaining security.
This current structure/ system only breeds laziness, envy, anxiety and the end product WAR. It can never hold indefinitely, I just hope Buhari realized. The fact that Aguiyi Ironsi put Nigeria into this less doesn't mean years after people get enlightened they shouldn't do some thing about it.

To the issue of pipeline sabotage, I'll advise the security forces to look into those areas where these explosions have been taking place. It's been largely the same areas for the individual companies. Gbaramatu for Chevron, and Ogbainbiri-Tebidaba-cloughcreek for agip.

But e no easy sha, that Tebidaba clough creek axis be like death zone, only mosquitoes soldiers go run. No sane human will want to stay there, so out keyboard warriors can imagine what these host communities go through despite the resources being siphoned from under their feet.
Any one who is human or has ventured into the Niger Delta interiors will not even think twice to show empathy for these communities.

As regards the bold, I still maintain my stand that the FG is not to be totally blamed, you've to include community Chiefs and excos and the average Niger Deltan youth who has a mindset of receiving crumbs.
1) People complain the FG didn't put in place infrastructures for these people, I agree based on things I saw in my short stay in one of the riverine ijaw communities but how do we explain a situation where youths steal cables that are meant to run electricity into their town? Do we blame the FG for that?
2) Prior to the shut down of whatever is supplying light to the community, I noticed nobody is taking advantage of the almost 24 hours power supply to run businesses that can make money? All I saw were stores selling drinks and some household needs.
3) How do we explain a situation where money that accrue to the community's purse through their dealings with the oil company and related services can not be accounted for?
A lot of things go on in that region and I can boldly say, they've not done enough to help themselves but the FG can also not be left out as she has failed in her duties to her citizens.

10 Likes

Re: "We've Blown Two Oil Pipelines In Bayelsa" - Niger Delta Avengers by viki84(m): 11:05pm On Jun 02, 2016
*in Phyno's voice* Onwebe ihe ifuru
Re: "We've Blown Two Oil Pipelines In Bayelsa" - Niger Delta Avengers by engrchykae(m): 11:06pm On Jun 02, 2016
demydea:
NDA, cripple the economy ok. It will never be well with u all & your families if u stop bombing the oil pipelines in ND. Bomb everywhere ok & dont forget to bomb all government buildings in ND..... Foools
easy
Re: "We've Blown Two Oil Pipelines In Bayelsa" - Niger Delta Avengers by Jascon4: 11:07pm On Jun 02, 2016
Nairasurplus:
This is no longer a joke. They are out to cripple our economy. I am an Igbo man. I support what they are doing but I am afraid, I may not live to enjoy the independence. War is looming.

You are an igbo man masquerading as a woman. See the way you inadvertently exposed yourself.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Atiku Abubakar Visits Calabar , See The Crowd That Welcomed Him - Pictures / Did Melinda Gates Claim To See Dead Bodies All Over Africa? (Fact Check) / Odetunde Omolara Decries Attempt On Her Life. Her 2 Security Assistants Killed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.