Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,305 members, 7,811,901 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:55 PM

Ben Bruce Reveals “Smartest States” In Nigeria - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ben Bruce Reveals “Smartest States” In Nigeria (50736 Views)

Ben Bruce Reacts To Atiku's Return To PDP / Ben Murray-Bruce Reveals That 3 Women Are Responsible For His Success In Life / IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ben Bruce Reveals “Smartest States” In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:23am On Jun 21, 2016
OBAFEMIawolowo:
how can a living being with brain say abians are lazy? undecided

Tell am
Re: Ben Bruce Reveals “Smartest States” In Nigeria by Boldstar(m): 11:24am On Jun 21, 2016
FvckeDyoBiTch:
It's a known fact that Almajiris_ don't have High IQs...doubt me?. Just take a look at the GCFR Dullard_...if you still doubt then you a pathological liar and living in self denial.

But Ben Bruce anyone can "Cram" high school material, take a look at The brain drain of Nigerian immigrants and you find most geniuses are from the south west then like 35% from the east...just a wild guess, not necessarily true.

You are very right. That is why Dangote is the richest Black man on earth, Jelani Aliyu is one of the best car designers on earth, and... Why do I even bother sef. A dimwit who has not interacted with others aside from his fellow saying things like he knows others. Take this advice from me dimwit, all tribes have intelligent people and dull people. It is evenly distributed.

1 Like

Re: Ben Bruce Reveals “Smartest States” In Nigeria by esejessy(f): 11:26am On Jun 21, 2016
facelessangel:
Even in Edo and Rivers that are mentioned, you will find out that it's the factor that made those state to appear in the list.

Igbos in Rivers are in majority why we have a lot of igbos living in Edo.

Proudly superior tribe
dream on dude!
Re: Ben Bruce Reveals “Smartest States” In Nigeria by Armstrong34(m): 11:27am On Jun 21, 2016
As funny as it sounds,Nigeria can't do wifout d South east region........I knw my brown roof brodas wuld wail abt dis

4 Likes

Re: Ben Bruce Reveals “Smartest States” In Nigeria by esejessy(f): 11:31am On Jun 21, 2016
facelessangel:
Even in Edo and Rivers that are mentioned, you will find out that it's the factor that made those state to appear in the list.

Proudly superior tribe [quote]
dream on dude!!!
Re: Ben Bruce Reveals “Smartest States” In Nigeria by amtaken(f): 11:32am On Jun 21, 2016
Anambra doing great wonders since the time of Adam and Eve.

7 Likes

Re: Ben Bruce Reveals “Smartest States” In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:35am On Jun 21, 2016
Aspireahead:

mbok let them not pull it down o...Seun should just adopt a more radical avenue for tackling this nonsense...unless it is deliberate..
Guy it's looking deliberate to most people or else by now I'm this shouldn't be happening
Re: Ben Bruce Reveals “Smartest States” In Nigeria by ItoroHost(m): 11:40am On Jun 21, 2016
am laughing in annang grin grin grin grin

Re: Ben Bruce Reveals “Smartest States” In Nigeria by akin12: 11:45am On Jun 21, 2016
This is true, lets be realistic, i observed it and know this before now,Go to internet and get your facts and figures.
He is saying this for other states and regions in the country to emulate what these states are doing right.
Senator , we appreciate this and we want this assessment published from time to time.
South easterners are hardworking and serious minded in all they do, we can learn from them as there is no limit to learning, not even age.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ben Bruce Reveals “Smartest States” In Nigeria by tomquest: 11:46am On Jun 21, 2016
kaeforum:

He said the smartest states, who told you that enugu people are smart, imagine 5 cattle herdsmen held your state to ransom.

Na only okpa una sabi produce. cheesy

LWKMD oooo
Re: Ben Bruce Reveals “Smartest States” In Nigeria by funkybully(f): 11:47am On Jun 21, 2016
Tiger clawed face sufferingsticated ewa agoyin eaters wont like this

1 Like

Re: Ben Bruce Reveals “Smartest States” In Nigeria by cyprex: 12:00pm On Jun 21, 2016
There is no doubt that people from those states are smart.
What is questionable is the motive of Ben Bruce and I think he is simply massaging the ego of the Igbos.

This is in line with a recent trend from people from the South South who have suddenly discovered how much my people enjoy praise singing.
Re: Ben Bruce Reveals “Smartest States” In Nigeria by sniper77(m): 12:02pm On Jun 21, 2016
facelessangel:

Proudly superior tribe

I can't help but laugh at your post. My guess is half of the population of people in Edo state are igbos and few Edo indigenes go to school while other tribes in rivers don't go to school often like the igbos from ahoada, ikwerre and opobo.
Re: Ben Bruce Reveals “Smartest States” In Nigeria by mercyville: 12:13pm On Jun 21, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
– Senator Ben Bruce has revealed the smartest states in Nigeria

– Ben Bruce says Abia, Anambra, Rivers, Imo  and Edo states are the smartest

– He used their educational growth as yardstick for measurement

http://www.naij.com/866751-controversy-ben-bruce-read-said.html?source=index_main

This is an IPOB opinion.Ben Bruce had always been an IPOB.Who is going to believe you when we know that the SW...Yorubas...have almost all the greatest educational records in Nigeria,Africa AND THE WORLD grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ben Bruce Reveals “Smartest States” In Nigeria by Twistaray(m): 12:19pm On Jun 21, 2016
xharder:

Yoruba ronu ooooo...

Asi ko ti to lati ji lati orun

You people should quit the fallacy and stop spreading personal opinions without basis and facts to back it up.

Yimu. List these Igbo-controlled restaurants and caterings that are bigger than the Yoruba-owned Chicken Republic, Tantalizers, Tasty Fried Chicken, or Sweet Sensation, that are Igbo owned.

While you're at it, also list those Igbo-owned Industries in Lagos and the SW you keep bragging about please.

I guess to your sick mind the following SW based industries are Igbo-owned: Honeywell Flour Mills, GZI Industries, ProForce, Elizade, Bi-Courtney, Eleganza Group, Folawiyo Group, Petro Inett, Modandola Group, Manucom Fishing, Aiico Insurance, the Yoruba-owned banks, Insurance Companies, e.t.c. Even SME's (interestingly, after Lagos state, Oyo has the highest number of SME's in the country, higher than any SE state) we are comfortably in the lead. You know what SME's stand for right? And how many individuals you must employ to qualify as one?) all located in Yorubaland. I am waiting for those Igbo Big Businesses in Lagos and the SW (not 'pure water' ones o) that are more than Yoruba owned ones, and that give you all the ballz to brag.

http://nigerianstat.gov.ng/pdfuploads/SMEDAN%202013_Selected%20Tables.pdf

Also kindly List the number of Insurance companies players that are Igbo-owned dominating Yorubaland or Nigeria in general.

Which Igbo-owned investment comes close to LADOL in Lagos?

List the Banks that Igbos dominate that are more than the Yoruba-dominated/controlled Skye Bank, First Bank, Sterling Bank, GTBank, FCMB,

List the Telecoms Company that are Igbo-owned/dominated like Yoruba-owned/controlled Globacom and NTel

List the I.T businesses that are Igbo dominated that can stand the likes of Spectranet, CCHub, MainOne

Which Igbo-owned businesses can match the dominance of Yoruba-controlled Oando, ConOil, and Forte Oil?

The only Transport segment Igbos dominate is that of buses that convey their kinsmen between YOrubaland and the SE. Yorubas control the SW internal routes, e.g. When I take a bus from Lagos to Abeokuta of Ibadan, 9 out of 10 times the owner of the Bus is a Yorubaman and not an Igboman, so get your facts straight.

In a nutshell, Yorubas already dominate the Big Businesses and industries that count, e.g Finance, Oil & Gas, I.T, Telecoms, Insurance, Manufacturing & Industry, e.t.c. It would be unfair of us to dominate everything so we've left them the crumbs like dominating the Super-Eagles, Gala Hawking , spare-parts bizness, Selling DVD/VCD at Alaba, Entertainment (though Yorubas dominate the Music scene, while we comfortably have our indigeneous industry on lockdown as well ), transporting your kinsmen to-and-from the SE to Yorubaland, e.t.c. Your people can keep dominating those. But even Commerce sef dem don dey dump that one for drug-trafficking.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/rivers-state-others-have-overtaken-s-east-in-commerce-industry/

Smh.

Yes. Una smart good for una.

But go head and convert it to wealth.
What's the use of smart-ness when you region top the list of poverty index?

They said they have more middle class yet SW has the least poverty rate in Nigeria.

http://www.dataforall.org/dashboard/ophi/index.php/

They claim they have more SMEs yet Oyo has more SMEs than all SE states.

http://nigerianstat.gov.ng/pdfuploads/SMEDAN%202013_Selected%20Tables.pdf

angry

Congrats to un for una smartness..clap..clap..clap. Ya all can now go ahead, take it the bank grin
Re: Ben Bruce Reveals “Smartest States” In Nigeria by sinceraconcept(m): 12:20pm On Jun 21, 2016
kaeforum:

He said the smartest states, who told you that enugu people are smart, imagine 5 cattle herdsmen held your state to ransom.

what is okpa?
Re: Ben Bruce Reveals “Smartest States” In Nigeria by iamblisz(m): 12:22pm On Jun 21, 2016
Aspireahead:
Tribalist will spoil this thread now...Seun Mbok your forum promotes ethnic division.... I never knew Nigerians were this divided until I started frequenting your politics section

My bro u have seen nothing.

Just open any thread that have to do with Igbo and Yoruba and you will see world war 3
Re: Ben Bruce Reveals “Smartest States” In Nigeria by mercyville: 12:23pm On Jun 21, 2016
xharder:

Yoruba ronu ooooo...

Asi ko ti to lati ji lati orun
But at the end of the day,who owns all the lands that Nigerians are buying and developing in oyinbo far away lands....YOUR ANSWER IS AS GOOD AS MINE.Eni ti o ni ile....oun lo ni ile.The owner of the land also owns the house grin grin
Re: Ben Bruce Reveals “Smartest States” In Nigeria by buchilino(m): 12:24pm On Jun 21, 2016
kaeforum:

BROS U WICKED DIE grin. WHICH ONE BE OKPA? grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ben Bruce Reveals “Smartest States” In Nigeria by buchilino(m): 12:25pm On Jun 21, 2016
sinceraconcept:
what is okpa?

GUY U DON'T NO OKPA WAWA?

1 Like

Re: Ben Bruce Reveals “Smartest States” In Nigeria by Maski87: 12:26pm On Jun 21, 2016
Ok make them dey smart dor education in those states make we the smart for north for to enjoy oil money
Re: Ben Bruce Reveals “Smartest States” In Nigeria by sinceraconcept(m): 12:27pm On Jun 21, 2016
buchilino:

GUY U DON'T NO OKPA WAWA?
I don't know okpa waw o,is it fruit or food?
Re: Ben Bruce Reveals “Smartest States” In Nigeria by moshino(m): 12:33pm On Jun 21, 2016
phemmyutd:
Then Ben Bruce is not smart by sitting his business headquarter in an UN-SMART state like Lagos.

It is easier to take money from 'UN-SMART' people, so Ben Bruce is smart!
Re: Ben Bruce Reveals “Smartest States” In Nigeria by buchilino(m): 12:33pm On Jun 21, 2016
sinceraconcept:
I don't know okpa waw o,is it fruit or food?

OK I NOW GET IT. UR NOT IGBO. ANYWAY, HAVE U EVA SEEN WOMEN IN LAGOS CARRY SOMETHING DAT IS YELLOWISH OR GOLD IN COLOR. THEY USE TRANSPARENT NYLON 2 WRAP IT. SOME USE GREEN LEAVES 2 WRAP IT. IGBO WOMEN R D ONES DAT COMMONLY CARRY N SELL IT IN LAGOS

1 Like

Re: Ben Bruce Reveals “Smartest States” In Nigeria by Twistaray(m): 12:37pm On Jun 21, 2016
moshino:

Yet, the so called " smart " people top the list of poverty index while Un-smart is the least poverty region in the country?

Mtcheew

1 Like

Re: Ben Bruce Reveals “Smartest States” In Nigeria by mercyville: 12:40pm On Jun 21, 2016
Twistaray:

You people should quit the fallacy and stop spreading personal opinions without basis and facts to back it up.

Yes. Una smart good for una.

But go head and convert it to wealth.
What's the use of smart-ness when you region top the list of poverty index?

angry

Congrats to un for una smartness..clap..clap..clap. Ya all can now go ahead, take it the bank grin
THIS IS BEN BRUCE:

Ben Murray-Bruce ‏@benmurraybruce 12h12 hours ago

2-There is something to be learned. Is it their policy? Is it their budgeting? Is it their sense of community? Whatever it is, it's working!
75 retweets 41 likes

1-What's happening in SE is almost miraculous. With some of the lowest FG allocations, they achieve remarkable educational/economic growth

I guess Ben Bruce also has a moniker on nairaland and always goes against anything southwest or yoruba but his opinion though a little laudable in terms of Anambra but he is not looking at the bigger picture which is that the yorubas though been on opposition side for ages,had maintained their lead economically and educationally..university wise....We can not entirely use WASSCE or the other little things being claimed here as educational growth but at the same time,Yoruba should wake.

YORUBA HAVE ALL THE LAURELS IN THE MAIN EDUCATIONAL SET UP...UNIVERSITY...

South East is Miracle Centres Personified(SEMCP).
Reason they cannot defend it in the universities...

BY VINCENT UJUMADU
AWKA—NO fewer than 486 centres of examination
magic in Anambra State are to be shut down as
part of measures to curb examination malpractices
in the education sector, the Commissioner for
Education, Professor Kate Omenugha, has said.
Speaking at the 10th anniversary of St. Joseph’s
Academic Award for 2014, the commissioner
observed that the miracle centres had been aiding
and abating examination malpractices, especially
during West African School Certificate
Examinations, WASC, and National Examination
Council, NECO, examinations.
According to her, the decision to shut down the
magic centres became necessary due to the
manner their operators have fashioned them to
swindle unsuspecting, desperate candidates.
She said: “We have govern-ment and approved
private schools that are saddled with the
responsibility of training our children to become
functional members of our society.”
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/07/anambra-
close-486-centres-exam-magic/
Re: Ben Bruce Reveals “Smartest States” In Nigeria by Twistaray(m): 12:44pm On Jun 21, 2016
mercyville:
THIS IS BEN BRUCE:

2-There is something to be learned. Is it their policy? Is it their budgeting? Is it their sense of community? Whatever it is, it's working!
75 retweets 41 likes

1-What's happening in SE is almost miraculous. With some of the lowest FG allocations, they achieve remarkable educational/economic growth

I guess Ben Bruce also has a moniker on nairaland and always goes against anything southwest or yoruba but his opinion though a little laudable in terms of Anambra but he is not looking at the bigger picture which is that the yorubas though been on opposition side for ages,had maintained their lead economically and educationally..university wise....We can not entirely use WASSCE or the other little things being claimed here as educational growth but at the same time,Yoruba should wake.

YORUBA HAVE ALL THE LAURELS IN THE MAIN EDUCATIONAL SET UP...UNIVERSITY...

South East is Miracle Centres Personified(SEMCP).
Reason they cannot defend it in the universities...

BY VINCENT UJUMADU
AWKA—NO fewer than 486 centres of examination
magic in Anambra State are to be shut down as
part of measures to curb examination malpractices
in the education sector, the Commissioner for
Education, Professor Kate Omenugha, has said.
Speaking at the 10th anniversary of St. Joseph’s
Academic Award for 2014, the commissioner
observed that the miracle centres had been aiding
and abating examination malpractices, especially
during West African School Certificate
Examinations, WASC, and National Examination
Council, NECO, examinations.
According to her, the decision to shut down the
magic centres became necessary due to the
manner their operators have fashioned them to
swindle unsuspecting, desperate candidates.
She said: “We have govern-ment and approved
private schools that are saddled with the
responsibility of training our children to become
functional members of our society.”
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/07/anambra-
close-486-centres-exam-magic/

And what has his personal opinion got to do with the facts I put up there?

Do you even understand the word " Smart " at all?

grin

Economy growth? pray, tell us the aspect of economy growth exactly, with facts,not hearsays abeg..

Waiting..

Modified :

Thanks for adding to the facts I put up there! grin
Re: Ben Bruce Reveals “Smartest States” In Nigeria by mercyville: 12:50pm On Jun 21, 2016
moshino:

I think they are the smartest with facts and not a mere opinion from somebody who would rather want to see the SW on the floor but God is greater than you all wink

SW..controls the economy of Nigeria:

Nigeria: One Country Four Economies Discussion Points

By

Falalu Bello, OFR

abumoha1978@yahoo.com

v I thank my friend and Junior brother, Mr. Sam Nda-Isiah, for inviting me to speak at this important forum on what to do to reverse de-industrialization in Northern Nigerian. When the invitation was extended to me, I asked of the topic I am to speak on and I was not given any. All my brother wanted me to do at this Conference is to set the tone for the experts invited to do justice to the topic under discussion. My role therefore is not to talk of how industrialists are to access funds from the banking system nor even to talk on such general issues as the importance of finance to industrialization:

v I have been invited to contextually put Northern Nigeria amongst other regions in Nigeria and could easily have compared Northern economy and its Southern Counterpart. I have chosen not to go this route because, I want us all to see that geography, history and the Obasanjo administration and its reform agenda have created four (4) fairly distinct economies in Nigerian. We as Northerners need to appreciate where our economy currently stands amongst other economies in Nigeria so as to appreciate the kind of race we have to run if we are to remain relevant in Nigeria.

v On the basis of ownership and/or control of resources that make for economic development, post-Obasanjo Nigeria in terms of strength could easily be categorized into 4 economies as follows:

a) South West Economy;

b) South East plus Delta Economy;

c) Northern Economy; and

d) South South minus Delta Economy

v The four economies mentioned above are fairly distinct with each growing at its own pace. The South Western economy is growing at a faster rate than all followed by South East plus Delta economy whilst those of the North and South South minus Delta could at best be described as stagnant. A simple analysis of these four economies is given below:-

a) South West Economy

South Western Nigeria with a Land Mass of 76,852 square kilometres and population of 25.2 million today owns and/or control 60% of the nation’s industrial capacity, 44% of banking assets, 67% of insurance assets and is house to the nation’s three deep sea ports of Apapa, Tin Can Island and Roro; the busiest international airport of Ikeja, three thermal stations of Egbin, Papalanto and Omotosho. Today, its three major industrial estates of Agbara, Ikeja and Otta are all linked to gas under the West African gas pipeline plan and piping of gas is ongoing from Otta to Abeokuta. Added to these, the South Western population today is the most educated as western education came through there and education as a resource was democratized since the early sixties. Geographical location, democratization of western education, availability of resources enhanced in last 9 years and some empowerment during the Obasanjo administration have collectively enabled the South Western economy to rank as first of the four economies in Nigeria. Today, the South West as a region can boast of having a defined growing middle class and is perceived to have at least 20,000 of its indigenes with net worth of over N100m each. Take it out of Nigeria, the South West economy with is defined growing middle class and resources, will be one of the fastest growing economies in the world.

b) The South-East plus Delta

The South Easterners plus their cousins across the Onitsha bridge control commerce in all parts of Nigeria and are thus largely employed. The region has clusters of small scale industries around Nnewi and Aba. The banking consolidation has assisted these people to now have ownership and or control of over 50% of Nigerian banking assets. It also controls 21% of the nation’s insurance assets and 20% of industrial assets. With this development, this region which has not had a commanding control over Nigerian economy will certainly begin to do that now. Commercial activities backed by finance can only grow the economy of South-East plus Delta. The growing strength of financial muscle of this region has been aptly demonstrated by the recent licensing of Micro Finance Banks. Of the over 600 MFBs recently licensed by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Anambra State alone had 74 whilst Yobe State had 1, Sokoto 5, Zamfara 6, etc. There exists also in this economy a middle class which will now grow itself in number and financial muscle and will almost certainly grow its economy inclusive particularly of small and medium sized industrial base.

c) The Northern Economy

The North which geographically is 719,435 Square Kilometers or 79% of Nigeria’s landmass and has 75 million or 53.6% of Nigeria’s population has its economy as a consequence of various reforms introduced, been totally grounded. Today, the North has ownership and/or control of no more than 3% of banking assets and 2% of insurance assets and 10% of industrial assets. True, the North has a huge landmass but this has remained under exploited due to jettisoning of time tested policies of price support (as a result of abolishing of marketing boards without putting alternatives) and abandonment of extension services and quality control. Also, the North has a huge population but the population has remained largely uneducated and/or half educated because of near failure of governance in certain States and Local Governments. Currently its most distinguishing characteristic is grinding poverty. Recent poverty statistics indicate that the poverty level of States in the North has been on the increase in the last 9 years and reached over 80%. Its two commercial and industrial nerve centers (Kano and Kaduna) have seen industrial capacity utilization decline to an all time low of less than 10%. The textile, automobile and beverages companies that thrived so impressively in the 1970s and 1980s have collapsed rendering thousands jobless. Although hydroelectricity is generated at Kainji Dam and in lesser quantities at Shiroro Gorge and at several smaller sites, the entire mechanisms are run on very obsolete equipment and the performance is consequently very epileptic and unsuitable for meaningful economic activity.

d) The South South minus Delta

The South South is largely in the creeks of Niger Delta and has therefore a small land mass of only 48,321 square kilometers and is populated by 13.6 Million people. Notwithstanding the fact that it is house to Nigerian Oil wealth, this region exclusive of oil company activities like the North is also backward economically. It controls no more than 3% of banking assets, 10% of insurance assets and no more than 10% of industrial assets on account of oil related industries that the indigenes do not control. Furthermore, its overstretched land mass has suffered considerable degradation and its aquatic life destroyed. As a region, its people and economy are worst off than the North as it lacks fresh environment, water and even good air to breath.

v Geography, history and particularly the reform agenda of Obasanjo’s regime have created above very dangerous economic structure in Nigeria. By design or by accident Northerners and South Southerners as peoples and regions have been made third and fourth class citizens. We may well choose to ignore these happenings and pretend that they have not happened but doing so will be at the peril of the Nigerian Polity. It is indeed in the interest of the South Westerners and the South Easterners for some affirmative actions to be taken to redress the situation else there will be no real peace in this country moving forward. The so called “religious disturbances” in the Northern States and the Port Harcourt conundrum of kids of less than 15 years carrying guns and terrorizing the population will not stop until these imbalances are consciously addressed and redressed. As the saying goes “where the poor does not sleep because of hunger, the rich too will not sleep because of robbery”.

v To complement whatever redress may be agreed to by the polity to help the grinding poverty and unemployment in the North and South South economies we the peoples of these regions need to also help ourselves as nobody will develop our regions for us. I see this Conference as one of the avenues that my be used to chart a course for the North. Undoubtedly, reviving collapsed and collapsing industries and building new ones will help. To be able to achieve these and grow the Northern economy, we MUST:

a) Democratize education by making it available to all our brethren in both quantity and quality. The system we are to evolve must include the “almajirai” and urban poor that cannot be wished away. There is indeed a correlation between education and development and it is only by educating our youth that they can begin to be productive and by so doing, we shall grow the middle class needed to sustain economic growth;

b) Consciously fight corruption and theft of government resources at all levels. So long as thievery continues to be perpetrated by Northern elites in government unchecked, so long we shall continue to drift further from the promised land. Furthermore, continuous thievery as we are witnessing in our recent history is preventing the emergence of a credible leadership in the North. We have in recent past had enough resources in our States and Local Governments to revert the ugly social trends in our Northern Society but the resources were and are being stolen;

c) Demand of the Federal Government for the development of energy sector in other areas as done to South West. For the North, this could be achieved by fast tracking the construction of Gembu and Zungeru Hydro Power Stations and upgrading of Kainji Stations by putting more turbines as well as extending the gas pipeline from Ajaokuta to Kano via Kaduna with a tee off at Funtua and Gusau so as to service existing industries and encouraging the emergence of others;

d) Demand for the moderation of certain policies of previous administrations which ruined Northern economy as implementation of undiluted market oriented reforms as we have seen do not bring about human development. Furthermore, any policy by any Government which hurts majority of its people no matter how good need be reexamined. Government should all be about improvement of the welfare of its citizens and not pauperizing them.

e) Make agriculture an economically viable activity as it is the only way that we can use in making our people have purchasing power to support any industrial rebirth as whatever is produced must be sold and for it to be sold, it needs a population that has purchasing power. Agriculture need to be made viable within the shortest possible time by:

i) Supporting price of agricultural produce by reintroducing price and quality support as done by the defunct Marketing Boards; and

ii) Improving yield of farmers through extension services, use of good seeds and the research results lying on the shelves of our research institutes nationwide.

f) Erect on the gas pipelines to be laid jointly with our Governments and other Nigerians, at least three Urea plants in Kogi, Niger and Kaduna States as a means of making fertilizers available to our peasant farmers at affordable prices. Such a move will make available to our farmers fertilizers at no more than half of their current prices without any subsidy and the subsidy could go to its area of most need, price support.

g) To ameliorate the negative consequences of not having banking industry in our region, urgently work with our States and Local Governments to create in the next two years, 9 regional banks as follows which would ensure that all the Local Government headquarters in the North have bank branches in the next 4 years.

S/No. States to Cover Headquarters

1 Kaduna/Katsina Katsina

2 Kano/Jigawa Jigawa

3 Sokoto/Kebbi/Zamfara Sokoto

4 Borno/Yobe Damaturu

5 Yola/Taraba Yola

6 Bauchi/Gombe Bauchi

7 Benue/Plateau Makurdi

8 Nassarawa/Niger Lafia

9 Kogi/Kwara Ilorin

Additionally, our rich businessmen should be urged to set up as many unit banks as possible to complement the regional banks.

v Finally, distinguish ladies and gentlemen, one would want to humbly suggest on industrialization that our focus in the immediate future should be on small and medium sized industries that are to process for local or export markets, agro allied products. My choice for small and medium sized industries is informed by the fact that they require less capitalization to set up and also less energy and skill to run. Processing of agro allied products will impact positively on growth of agriculture, the mainstay of Northern economy. For now and until we move as a community from agriculture to industry, our growth economically is tied down to agriculture.

I do hope the above views and suggestions will help discussants and participants alike in analyzing the declension into which the entire Northern Region has been plunged over the last couple of decades. I hope this Conference will also set in motion a process of economic revival in the entire North and I sincerely commend Leadership for organizing this Confab.

Happy deliberations:

Falalu Bello, OFR

http://www.gamji.com/article6000/NEWS7879.htm

1 Like

Re: Ben Bruce Reveals “Smartest States” In Nigeria by ancientbanana: 1:02pm On Jun 21, 2016
phemmyutd:
Then Ben Bruce is not smart by sitting his business headquarter in an UN-SMART state like Lagos.
the UN smart state is inhabited by lots of the smart states ppl. Africa the dull ppl was once inhabited by d whites, which helped gave d blacks small sense
Re: Ben Bruce Reveals “Smartest States” In Nigeria by saheed2532(m): 1:03pm On Jun 21, 2016
VACANCY! VACANCY!! VACANCY!!!
HAMIZAK MONTESSORI ACADEMY
The above school is newly established and in need of qualified teachers into all of it classes for all subjects ranging from Mathematics, English, Arabic, CRS, IRS, ART, Sciences and all other subjects.

The available positions range from Head teacher, head mistress, subject teachers, supervisors, admin officer, ICT official and others for Creche, Nursery and Primary

Interview is scheduled to take place on Saturday 25th of June 2016, by 9am at plot A.H.E 26111, Cadestral Zone, Sabon Lugbe ACO, Amac estate, Airport Road, Abuja.

Forward your CV to hamizakacademy@gmail.com latest by 2pm 23rd of June 2016.
Contact persons: 07038621657 or 08058050092.

Prepared for aptitude test and oral interview. Menu menu is available, though you will have to pay for it and its optional.
Kindly share to help others. Salary is attractive and other allowances.
Re: Ben Bruce Reveals “Smartest States” In Nigeria by AreaFada2: 1:06pm On Jun 21, 2016
Unfortunately, in an upside down country like 9ja, being smart is a disadvantage.

It means people from there being labelled "educationally advantaged" states. It means needing much higher grades for Unity Schools, university entrance, being ignored for promotion in federal parastatals in favour of "educationally disadvantaged" states. Affirmative action. shocked shocked
Re: Ben Bruce Reveals “Smartest States” In Nigeria by mercyville: 1:06pm On Jun 21, 2016
Twistaray:

And what has his personal opinion got to do with the facts I put up there?

Do you even understand the word " Smart " at all?

grin

Economy growth? pray, tell us the aspect of economy growth exactly, with facts,not hearsays abeg..

Waiting..

Modified :

Thanks for adding to the facts I put up there! grin

grin We are on the same page grin

Ben Bruce is an IPOD grin and would say anything to make his fellow IPODS happy without facts.Imagine using MIRACLE CENTRES inclined examinations as a yardstick for smartness when 4 or more Yorubas are the youngest phd holders in the world and they have also shattered the world record in university and polytechnic education.

[b]Here is a list of the youngest PhD holders in Nigeria. The oldest is just 26.

1. Dr. Olabisi Adeyemi, 26

This young intellectual earned her PhD in Botany from the University of Lagos. Though she had maintained a track record of academic success right from her secondary school, she acknowledged that having a PhD at her age, and the record of being the best graduating PhD student, did not come easy.

Born in Lagos Island local government of Lagos state, Dr. Adeyemi attended Girls’ Academy, Lagos Island where she was the best student in WAEC, with seven distinctions. She proceeded to University of Lagos and graduated with a first class degree in botany in 2006. She completed her PhD in record time in 2012.

2. Dr. Opeyemi Shodipe, 25

This young Nigerian scholar received her bachelor’s degree at 19 from Babcock University. After the mandatory NYSC programme, she entered for a masters at University of Ibadan, graduating best in her department.

She capped it with a well-deserved doctorate degree in information science from her alma mater, Babcock University when she was 25.

3. Dr. Salihu Dasuki Nakande, 25

Born in October 1987, he is one of Nigeria’s youngest PhD holders, and arguably the youngest in northern Nigeria. He graduated with a first class degree in information technology from Eastern Mediterranean University (EMU), North Cyprus at 21.

Dr. Salihu completed his Master’s degree at Brunel University, UK. He capped it with a PhD from the same university in 2012.

4. Dr. Olaoluwa Hallowed Oluwadara, 24

Acclaimed as one of Africa’s youngest PhD holders, Olaoluwa is a spectacular Nigerian intellectual and scholar, because of his achievements. He entered university for a bachelor’s degree at 15. He earned two B.Sc degrees in mathematics and physics, from University of Bangui, Central African Republic (CAR), run simultaneously. He received his master’s degree from the same university.

He crowned it with a PhD in mathematics at the University of Lagos, Akoka, where he was the best graduating PhD student. Dr. Olaoluwa H. Oluwadara won University of Bangui’s all-time best student award from the department of mathematics, best BSc student award in physics, 2007 and best MSc awards in physics and mathematics respectively in 2008. He currently is a research fellow of the Mathematical Analysis and Optimisation Research Group.

5. Dr. Nkemehule Karl Omebere-Iyari, 22

Dr. Omebere-Iyari, received his PhD in chemical engineering from University of Nottingham, UK, in 2006, then aged 22. This amazing Nigerian, an old student of Kings College, Lagos had 8 As in his WAEC result at age 16.

He was the best graduating student in chemical engineering that year. With a university scholarship, Omebere-Iyari wasted no time, and pursued his PhD. He received a EU grant of €17,000 every year, and finished his doctorate in the record time of three years, specializing in multi-phase flow. Omebere-Iyari has distinguished himself as an exceptionally gifted Nigerian.

Since graduation, he has worked with many multinational corporations such as Shell, Halliburton, etc. He earned an MBA with distinction from INSEAD/Wharton, and is a member of many professional groups.

6. Dr. Romola Adeola, 26

26 year-old, Romola Adeola recently made headlines when she set a record in being the youngest person to obtain a Doctor of Laws degree (LLD) in the 30-year history of the Centre for Human Rights at the University of Pretoria.

She is also the second youngest person to achieve this in the Faculty of Law, University of Pretoria since its establishment 107 years ago.

She distinguished herself by completing the LLD in under 3 years. This record is in keeping with a pattern of excellence which Romola has maintained since her undergraduate years at Lagos State University (LASU) where she was awarded the Taslim Olawale Elias Prize for the Best Student in International Law.
[/b]
Source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/04/photos-meet-6-youngest-phd-holders-in.html

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Buhari Appoints Ogbonnaya Onu As The Secretary Of The Federation / What Forensic Audit Report Of NNPC Revealed (SUMMARIZED VERSION) / Buhari Extends Eased Lockdown By 4 Weeks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.