Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,582 members, 7,812,902 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:47 PM

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC - Health (648) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC (5397974 Views)

Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / How To Conceive A Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (645) (646) (647) (648) (649) (650) (651) ... (3053) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by megamum: 4:32pm On Nov 02, 2014
Good-day pple n happy new month n happy sunday to u all.@ jsconsulting pls is there a fertility supplement some one with uterine fibroid can take,i ave asked dis question before but no body seems to know.I also ave water coming out of my bossom.Pls help out,thanks and God bless
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by onyinyechika08: 4:54pm On Nov 02, 2014
@ mamateniola, that's where I use, av not really had any bad experience ther jst dt he doesn't want to prescribe any other drug for high prolactin to me except parlodel capsule wch he said is better than d tablet and has worked for most of his patients. Dts where my 2 sisters gave birth to deir children. The owner of the hospital is an experienced gyna jst that he has dis I know it all attitude wch I don't really like. U can try him out. Congrats testmony life. Wish us all amazing bfps in dis remaining part of the year.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by twintower: 5:25pm On Nov 02, 2014
megamum:
Good-day pple n happy new month n happy sunday to u all.@ jsconsulting pls is there a fertility supplement some one with uterine fibroid can take,i ave asked dis question before but no body seems to know.I also ave water coming out of my bossom.Pls help out,thanks and God bless

Megamum it depends on the nature of the fibroid.if you are bleeding too much then you need iron and vit
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by twingirls: 5:34pm On Nov 02, 2014
@ safe, lol at painting colour bulb, I don turn engineer be dat o. But seriously, dat purple colour go do am o

@ Muma, God bless you, will call ASAP, imagine me driving d whole of mainland in futility on saturday.

@ ayashow, yes A&E is ok, just go there and complain, they wil give you referal, but for you to use Luth, you must be patient, I use it cos of my history wt dem, I had babies and evacuations, even family planning there, so I'm use to there ways. Apart from disappearing files, strikes, seeing diff Dr's each time and time factor, I think Luth is really OK
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 6:40pm On Nov 02, 2014
olubankemi:
Hello Ayashow. If you want to use luth and you don't have a referral all you need to do is, go to their out patient (third floor, A and E building), register there and ask to see a doctor. Make sure you are married for a year ooo. You will have a doctor to attend to you askcyou series of questions and from there he/she will give you a rrleferral note to the gynea unit on second or first floor. Pls go early.

I might not be too sure of the floors but pls go to A and E building and ask for out patient floor.

Mean out patient unit. Not put patent.

@ twin girls, for gynaw n obstetrics they asign you to a particular doctor but should in case he is not around someone take his seat and atend to you in his place giving him the result.

They are not bad.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 6:49pm On Nov 02, 2014
Hello safe06, you are funny. So becos you just went to drop your hubby at the airport your accent change? If you come travel nko? You no go allow make we hear word bed that. Loz

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by lillyjane(f): 7:31pm On Nov 02, 2014
lillyjane:
Xenia, my little princess will go to church on Sunday. As we dedicate her to God, I will use her as a point of contact to the TTC's that God who did for me will fill your households with beautiful babies IJN. And if you believe, by this time in 9months, we will come over to eat rice at your house.

Hello beautiful mamas and the TTC's, yes the dedication was successful, the turnout was so massive that we have to run around for extra food and drink. 7 priests celebrated the dedication mass. Oh my! It was awesome. Enough of the gist already. Now the goodnews is God answered the prayers of TTC's as one of the priests said. “those believing God for the fruit of the womb, he said I should tell you to carry your baby now" this is exactely his quote. Maybe God is talking about few ppl here, claim it and call us to eat rice soon. Will send pics soon.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Mandydaisy: 8:22pm On Nov 02, 2014
@Jslconsulting yeah I did mention earlier that we had all our tests come out normal but we are repeating all tests again, meaning repeat sfa for DH wink
@ megamum i don't knw any supplement but I knw iron is good since fibroids make one bleed a lot and can cause anemia. As for the fluid coming out from breasts I think it's not a good sign as during infertility investigations docs always ask if uv got fluid coming out, just try to see your doctor. Take care of yourself and don't be too stressed out.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 8:40pm On Nov 02, 2014
@mandydaisy, in that case buy vitex and strt using asap,it won't jump start af but when it comes out, u will likely ovulate. In 14-15 days and af will likely show up in 28-30days, it just worked for me

Anyone having high prolactin should try vitex as well since it works on the pitiurity glands, high prolactin means your brain is telling your body not to ovulate that you are still nursing a child, vitex cn stop that wrong information and help you to ovulate.

@megamum, try the AP therapy for the fibriod or look for somone who can order WOMENS BEST FRIEND for you, its sold on amazon, It clers fibroids and tube blockage.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by idyobot: 8:56pm On Nov 02, 2014
lillyjane:

Hello beautiful mamas and the TTC's, yes the dedication was successful, the turnout was so massive that we have to run around for extra food and drink. 7 priests celebrated the dedication mass. Oh my! It was awesome. Enough of the gist already. Now the goodnews is God answered the prayers of TTC's as one of the priests said. “those believing God for the fruit of the womb, he said I should tell you to carry your baby now" this is exactely his quote. Maybe God is talking about few ppl here, claim it and call us to eat rice soon. Will send pics soon.
Congrats dear n thank for his continous wonders. I. Claim mine. In Jesus Name.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Adedoyinsola: 9:05pm On Nov 02, 2014
hi mamas,what life throws at us even if it hurts us,lets just be strong and fight through it.and lets remember dat strong walls shake but never collapse.......as for me i wont give up i cant give up,i deserve to have my own child i knw am gonna be a good mum.

6 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by testimonylife(f): 9:05pm On Nov 02, 2014
Congratulations@ Lillyjane, may she always be a source of joy to ur family
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Jslconsulting: 9:24pm On Nov 02, 2014
@megamum. If you are expressing fluid from your bossom, it could signify that you have a condition with high level prolactin which doesn't support pregnancy. Only hormonal test will confirm this. There are medications that can sort it out.
if bleeding excessively with fibroid....I will suggest your fibroid is symptomatic, seek opinion of your doctor guided by ultrasound scan to ascertain the size and location. Then the best treatment can be decided if medication or removal. As per supplement or medication...am only aware of medically prescribed.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by erutoria: 9:38pm On Nov 02, 2014
@dasha01 Are u a DR? Seems u knw all these drugs and their uses. Almost everything I m learning frm dis thread is frm u. I pray dat God will answer u and everyone of us bf the end of this year IJN. About the vitex,hw long can someone take it bf getting results? As I here nw AF refuse to show o feeling PMS bt it nt coming out. Took bromocriptine and clomid I m CD31 with sore nipples and painfull heavy breast. As anyone experience this?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Pink22(f): 9:44pm On Nov 02, 2014
safe06:
wumee,abeg no let your anger get annoyed,dont take back the askings....lol...hailings
@bcolah,lol,if your red bulb don die,oya change to purple....
As a madam that cannot comman gonna carry last,i invest in romantic,inspiring text messages and transparent night wears....lol. The way I hail my dh ehn,romeo and Julie ain't got nothing on me mehn....,as for my lingeries,i luf luf and luf them transparent/invisible,...all this might not have given the baby result yet,bur Nna mehn/womehn,the love still plenty dey trowey sef...lol..
It is well with all of us ooooo,our testimonies are closer than we can imagine....hugs..
@ miraclebaby, disappear bawo? I am back for good mehn...
Abeg make ona no mind my new accent ooo,i just got the accent when I went to drop my dh @ d airport,no b my fault...
lol safelicious safe
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Mandydaisy: 9:56pm On Nov 02, 2014
@Dasha01 of life! Thanks darling , will try getting vitex tomorrow #hugs#
@erutoria have you tested yet, clomid delayed my cycle one time and some women get PMS during early pregnancy.... Baby dust
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by erutoria: 6:39am On Nov 03, 2014
Mandydaisy:
@Dasha01 of life! Thanks darling , will try getting vitex tomorrow #hugs#
@erutoria have you tested yet, clomid delayed my cycle one time and some women get PMS during early pregnancy.... Baby dust
thk u sister. I don't want to rush and do test at d end I feel disapointed. Pls I how long does clomid delay ur circle?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Alwaystrue(f): 7:04am On Nov 03, 2014
@lilyjane and @testimony life,
Congrats on your testimonies. May your joy continually be full and running over. May this joy in your life be be continuous amen.

All other bellefuls in the house, congrats. Yea i am greeting everyone.

Daniel 3:29
Therefore I make a decree, That every people, nation, and language, which speak any thing amiss against the God of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, shall be cut in pieces, and their houses shall be made a dunghill: because there is no other God that can deliver after this sort

If there is anyone or anything saying anything contrary to God in your life...yes, God has made you in his image, said 'be fruiftul and multiply', he said there shall be none barren is the land and the fruit of your ground shall not be destroyed...he said you are made good...yes anything whatsoever saying anything contrary to God is CUT IN PIECES and becomes a reproach in Jesus name.
Any tongue rising against you in judgement is condemned.
Go forth and obey God's command. BE FRUITFUL AND MULTIPLY!!!

8 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Patajun: 7:15am On Nov 03, 2014
Amen! So shall it be for you as well @ alwaystrue. You are a blessing
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by twingirls: 8:26am On Nov 03, 2014
@ alwaystrue, Men amen and so shall it be for you too, you are always a blessing, may God reward you as you av not failed in your duty.

@ Lillyjane, congrats, I claim mine too IJN.

@ Olubankemi, you are correct about LUTH, they are very good, iv been using d gynea clinic since 2007. They will assign you a consultant whom you may never see, different drs work under each consultant and you may be asked to see any of this docs at different times.

@ Pinky, good to hear from you, it's been such a long time.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by aghaibiam(f): 8:43am On Nov 03, 2014
I woke up this morning feeling great,hopeful that there is still time to test positive.
After all the dissapointments and fake pregnancy symptoms,'m moving on filled with hope,strength,faith and thanks to God.A dead woman can't bear babies,my husband is alive,a dead man can't impregnate a woman.
Yes 'm filled with joy.
In due time I will hold another lil one in my arms.
To all TTC mama's may your homes be dirty in the nearest future.
Plenty kids to make the house unkempt,when the time comes,the ability to laugh and thank God for the gift of a scattered living room.

6 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Amhappy(f): 8:56am On Nov 03, 2014
lillyjane:

Amen. I receive my baby

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by fehintywealth(f): 9:19am On Nov 03, 2014
Good Morning fruitful mamas and papas,thanks for answering my questions, am high grateful. This is our month of confirmation.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by lillyjane(f): 9:32am On Nov 03, 2014
idyobot:

Congrats dear n thank for his continous wonders. I. Claim mine. In Jesus Name.

Thanks you dearie, I join my faith with yours to shout a big AAAAMMMEEEENNNN
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by idyobot: 9:37am On Nov 03, 2014
@alwaystrue. Thxs 4 blessing us dis morning. We are encouraged 2 hold on. Baby dust to all Of us.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by megamum: 9:51am On Nov 03, 2014
Morning great overcomers of our time,@Twintower & mandydaisy thanks so much for d suggestions,i apprec8.Am on dedeons/astyfer which is high in iron,bcomplex& zinc,i also use folic acid,calcium etc but i dont know if dey r enof to giv me d amt of vitmins needed for ovu/conception.
@Dasha so so grateful for d suggestions,will try using it.though i read dat its better taken on empty stomach & most times i leave home very early even d
ewedu n b6 therapy,its a battle keeping up wit it.May Gods coutenance shine on us all.Will ask my sis in d U.S to check out d WOMENS BEST FRIEND 4 me
@Jsconsulting thanks alot d last hormonal result was 14 nglml (4-23)for d prolactin,d fibroid accordn to scan is 5.2x5.2cm fundal,subserous
4.1:-x4.8cm anterior body
3.8x3.7 cm lower segment anteriorly
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by megamum: 10:17am On Nov 03, 2014
@ Lilyjane congrates on a successful dedicatn of Xenia onto God n we tap into dis gift
@safe na true ooooo so u just drop dh for airport na im ur phorne change so,if u com travel abroad na im be say u go com dey talk tru d ears lol
Stcky baby dust to all
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by akanke79: 10:29am On Nov 03, 2014
Dr. John R Lee talks about progesterone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBvH1zktooQ

Hormonal Balance is an important factor when it comes to healthy fertility and getting pregnant. During the course of a menstrual cycle various hormones are working together in a complex symphony to trigger the various components of ovulation and menstruation.

Progesterone is one of these key hormones. After ovulation progesterone production is triggered by Luteinizing Hormone (LH) which stimulates the corpus luteum (the remnant egg sac) in the ovary to produce progesterone. One of the main actions of progesterone with fertility is to help support a developing embryo.

If pregnancy occurs, the production of progesterone from the corpus luteum continues for about 7 weeks (it is then produced by the placenta for the duration of the pregnancy). If pregnancy did not occur, the period begins 14 days after ovulation. When fertilization does not occur the corpus luteum disintegrates, which causes the level of progesterone to fall and the endometrial tissue to disintegrate and shed as menstruation.
What Does Progesterone Do?
•Progesterone maintains the lining of the uterus which makes it possible for a fertilized egg to attach and survive
•Makes cervical mucous accessible by sperm
•Allows the embryo to survive
•Prevents immune rejection of the developing baby
•Allows for full development of the fetus through pregnancy
•Helps the body use fat for energy during pregnancy
•Prevents secondary sexual development
•Increases libido around ovulation
•Activates osteoblasts to increase new bone formation
•Protects against endometrial, breast, ovarian and prostate cancer
•Normalizes blood clotting

Are You Progesterone Deficient or Estrogen Dominate?

Too much estrogen in the body

One of the main reasons women are progesterone deficient is because they have too much estrogen in the body. Estrogen dominance can happen for many reasons:
•Commercially raised meats and dairy contain large amounts of estrogens, and consuming them can cause hormonal imbalance.
•Pollution and stress mimic estrogen at the estrogen receptor sites.
•Eating a large amount of processed soy products can also mimic estrogen.
•PCOS and endometriosis can also have an estrogen dominate action.

Symptoms of estrogen dominance:

Allergy symptoms like asthma and hives

Breast cancer

Breast tenderness

Decreased sex drive

Depression with agitation and/or anxiety

Dry eyes

Early onset of menstruation

Fat gain, usually around the middles

Fatigue

Sluggish metabolism

Foggy thinking

Hair loss

Headaches

Increased blood clotting

Fertility issues

Irregular periods

Insomnia

PMS

Polycystic ovaries
Not enough progesterone in the body

There are many signs that may show up in the body if you do not have enough progesterone in your system during the correct times of your cycle.

Symptoms of progesterone deficiency:

Recurrent early miscarriage

No period

Not ovulating

Endometriosis

PCOS

PMS

Cramps during menses

Blood clotting

Swollen breasts

Fibrocystic breasts

Loss of libido

Obesity

Depression

Water retention

Low thyroid

Facial hair

Hot flashes

Night sweats

Vaginal dryness

Foggy thinking

Memory lapse

Incontinence

Tearful

Depressed

Sleep disturbances

Heart palpitations

Bone loss

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by akanke79: 10:33am On Nov 03, 2014
Hormone Testing

Hormones testing can be diagnosed by a doctor, naturopath or by tests. There are a couple of test options. Tests range from charting your menstrual and basal body temperature, finding out the length of your luteal phase, or taking saliva or blood tests to find out your progesterone levels. The questionnaire above help to point out signs of progesterone deficiency while these tests help to confirm it.

BBT Charting
Basil Body Temperature charting can help to determine the availability of progesterone in the luteal phase. You can learn more about BBT Charting here. There will be a slight rise in temperature after ovulation has occurred and progesterone has increased.

Length of luteal phase
If the date of ovulation is fewer than 11 days before your period, this could suggest luteal phase defects. You can detect ovulation using BBT charting, ovulation detector strip tests.

Saliva Hormonal Testing
Dr. John Lee was very adamant that testing for hormones and progesterone should be done through saliva testing, not blood testing (almost all doctors will test the blood).
Blood Hormonal Testing
While Dr. Lee was adamant about getting progesterone testing through saliva, it may be more helpful to work with your doctor to get your progesterone tested so they can explain the test results to you, even if it is a blood test. You most likely will also have other hormones tested at the same time which can give you insights to your entire hormonal profile.

When to Get Your Progesterone Levels Tested
The most appropriate time to measure serum progesterone is mid luteal phase (either 7 days after ovulation, or 7 days prior to expected menses). This is when you’re most likely to catch the peak progesterone level. This day will vary according to a woman’s cycle length however (for example, for a 28 day cycle, a day 21 progesterone is appropriate; but for a 35 day cycle, progesterone would ideally be measured around day 28).
How to Support Progesterone Levels

1. Reduce your exposure to xenohormones

We have become an estrogen dominate society from all of the excess estrogen in our foods and environment.
Reduce your exposure by avoiding these xenohormone producers:
•Solvents and adhesives
•Meat from conventionally raised livestock (non-organic)
•Car exhaust
•Almost all plastics
•Petrochemically derived pesticides, herbicides, and fungicides
•Emulsifiers found in soaps and cosmetics
•PCD’s from industrial waste
2. Vitex for hormonal balance
Vitex angus castus. Photo by Sten Porse.
Vitex Extract (Chaste Tree Berry) is one of the most powerful herbs for women’s fertility and menstrual health. There are numerous studies and testimonials of Vitex and it’s effects on the body. One of the reasons Vitex is so effective and popular is because of its ability to balance hormones while not containing hormones itself. Vitex supports hormonal balance in the body by having an effect on the hypothalamic-pituitary-ovarian axins (hormonal feedback loop), correcting the problem at the source.

Directions for use
Capsules: 1,000mg a day is the suggested amount to use. Take vitex all month long.
Tincture: 90 drops in water or juice, first thing in the morning. All month long.
However, unlike powerful hormone drugs, vitex works slowly to normalize the body. Maximum benefits are often achieved after 6-12 cycles with vitex
3. Use Natural Progesterone Cream
Natural progesterone cream can help to supplement your body’s own progesterone levels and lead you back to a state of natural balance.
Natural progesterone cream comes from plant fats and oils called diosgenin which is extracted either from Mexican Wild Yams or soybeans. In the laboratory diosgenin is chemically synthesized into a molecular structure that is identical to real human progesterone.

The United States Pharmacopoeia (USP) denotes a recognized standard of purity and strength. It is sometimes referred to as “human-identical” or “bio-identical” progesterone, which differentiates it from synthetic progestins or progestogens.

How to Use Progesterone Cream
Transdermal application (through the skin) has been found to be one of the most effective ways to use natural progesterone. It is absorbed through the skin into the underlying fat which helps to slowly allow progesterone into the blood. This way of application helps the progesterone to be “time released” into the blood stream. To closely mimic the body’s progesterone cycle, it is best to use progesterone cream twice a day.

How to Use Progesterone Cream for Fertility
Natural progesterone cream is easily and quickly absorbed into the body through the skin (within seconds). So you can apply it essentially anywhere as long as you rotate locations of application.

The best areas for application are places that have capillary blood flow such as:
•Face•Neck
•Upper Chest
•Breasts
•Inner arms
•Palms of hands and feet
When it comes to dosage, more is not better. Too much progesterone may cause hormonal imbalances, just like too little progesterone can. General suggested dosage is 40mg daily, divided into one 20mg application in the am and one 20mg application in the pm, during the two weeks before your period

3 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by safe06: 10:41am On Nov 03, 2014
@olubankemi,lol,na so I see am ooo,i think phonetics is an air-borne disease,lol..,very contagious...
@lillyjane,pweety,pweety princess,God bless her abundantly....amin
@megamum,chei,chei,u yab gaan ni oooo,na me u yab like this? E no good ooo...lol...
@beloved,where u enter again?I know say na two mammary gland u get, each for the princesses to suckle,werin come do ur hand wey u no fit come hail us,at least no b hand dem dey suckle na...Abeg come hail us again ojere...
@ zeezylicious,hmmmmmmm,i reserve my comment...
@alwaystrue,u are blessed.amen..
@lizzyslaw and greenfruits,where art thou?
@favouredgal,i still dey hail ooo..
@apinkyapinke,so good to read from u,how bori?
@bros santgelo,how wifey, hope u are romancing her spiritually,mentally,physically,academically,economically,socially?it is well with u...amen..
@all,i dey hail ooo.
Meanwhile,who has been collecting owo onile from newbies in my absence,abeg forward the owo oooo,i dey wait.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by akanke79: 10:41am On Nov 03, 2014

What To Do Should You Become Pregnant
Once you become pregnant, stay on the progesterone and contact your healthcare provider. Read below for pregnancy instructions.

Loading Dose
A loading does is useful for women who have had many months or years of anovulatory (no ovulation) cycles, which can create extreme progesterone deficiency. Each cycle that passes without ovulation can increase estrogen dominance as progesterone stores are depleted. Very thin women who have little body fat can become estrogen dominant very easily as there is no fat to store extra progesterone. In either of these situations Dr. John Lee recommends a higher dose of progesterone the first one to two months of progesterone cream use. This helps to replenish the progesterone stored in the fat of the body. After 2-3 months the dose can be lowered to the usual ‘regular’ dosage.

Note: Some progesterone creams come in a squeeze tube, like Emerita Pro-Gest, which uses teaspoons as a measurement for dose. 1/4 teaspoon of Emerita Pro-Gest equals 20mg of progesterone cream. Others, like our Fertilica Natural Progesterone come with a pump. Each pump measures out exactly 20mg of progesterone cream
Loading dose: 40mg twice a day, one 40mg application in the morning and one 40mg application at night, for a total of 80mg of natural progesterone a day. Apply for two weeks before your period (about day 14 in the cycle), up until menstruation begins.

Regular dose: 20mg twice a day, one 20mg application in the morning and one 20mg application at night, for a total of 40mg of natural progesterone a day. Apply for two weeks before your period (about day 14 in the cycle), up until menstruation begins.

Inducing ovulation using progesterone
Dr. Lee had a number of patients in his practice that had been unable to conceive because they were not ovulating. For two to four months he had them use natural progesterone from days 5 to 26 in the cycle (stopping on day 26 to bring on menstruation).

Using the progesterone prior to ovulation effectively suppressed ovulation. After a few months of this, he had them stop progesterone use. If you still have follicles left, they seem to respond to a few months of suppression with enthusiasm — the successful maturation and release of an egg.

His patients, some of whom had been trying to conceive for years, had very good results conceiving with this method. To learn more about this type of application, please read Dr. Lee’s book What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Premenopause.

Preventing Miscarriage & Progesterone
Low progesterone during pregnancy can be one cause of recurrent miscarriages. Progesterone is responsible for creating a healthy environment in the womb by maintaining the uterine lining. It also reduces the chances of blood clots and the immune system responding to the fetus as if it was a foreign substance. Progesterone is one of the main pregnancy hormones.

If you feel this might be your situation, talk with your doctor or healthcare practitioner and get your hormone levels tested before using progesterone as well as intermittently to make sure your levels are high enough. Working with a healthcare practitioner is helpful as they can help to monitor your hormonal levels.

Make sure to have at least two bottles on hand, because running out could cause a big drop in progesterone which may cause the menstrual cycle to begin. Contact your doctor or midwife once you become pregnant so they can monitor your progesterone levels during pregnancy.

Progesterone & PCOS
Progesterone cream can help to oppose the estrogen dominance that occurs with PCOS. By using progesterone cream you are able to mimic a natural cycle and help the body to establish its own cycle, including ovulating, again. Dr. John Lee believed that with progesterone cream, changes to the PCOS specific diet and exercise, PCOS could become obsolete.How to use progesterone for PCOS
There are two ways to use progesterone cream for PCOS. The first is the Suppression Cycle. To suppress the cycle one would use progesterone cream on cycle days 7-26. If you do not have a menstrual cycle you would choose a date on your calendar and mark it as day 7. Suppressing the cycle allows the body to rest by stopping the cycle of eggs not being released and estrogen/androgen dominance. Dr. John Lee suggests to use 60-100mg of progesterone cream a day during the suppression cycle and to repeat this for 3-4 months for best results.

Establish a cycle with progesterone cream
To help your body create a cycle including menstruation and ovulation, use progesterone cream on day 12 of cycle and continue until day 26. By stopping on day 26 your progesterone levels will drop, helping to start your menstrual cycle. If your cycle does not start, just treat your cycle like you are having one and start again on day 12. It is best to use a calendar so you can keep track of everything. After 3 or so months it is suggested to take a break for 1 month so you can see if your cycle has jump started itself.

Progesterone & Endometriosis
If you have endometriosis, Dr. John Lee recommends using progesterone from days 8 to 26 of your cycle, to reduce the effects of estrogen on the body (estrogen stimulates endometrial growth). Take a short week off to refresh your receptor sites. He has had success with this controlling symptoms within six months. Once the outbreaks of endometriosis are tolerable reduce the usage to days 12 till menstrual cycle.

Progesterone Use During Pregnancy
Progesterone Use During Pregnancy
Natural progesterone is safe to use during pregnancy with the consent of your doctor or midwife and may likely prevent many first trimester miscarriages that are due to low progesterone but should be used with caution when nursing as it may stop lactation.

In the first trimester of pregnancy progesterone production is the sole responsibility of the ovaries, but they often fail to produce sufficient levels to maintain the pregnancy. By the second trimester, the placenta itself is responsible for producing progesterone, and it hikes the level of this hormone to 486% higher than the non-pregnant norm.

If you are taking progesterone and get pregnant, you must continue taking progesterone until at least the 16th week. I personally would not stop if I had seriously low levels to begin with. But it is best to work with your health care practitioner if this is the case. They will continuously monitor your levels to make sure they are healthy for pregnancy. Click here to learn more about proper use of natural progesterone cream use in pregnancy…

Summary

Healthy progesterone levels are important during conception

and pregnancy. You can find out if your levels are where they should be by getting tested. If you do find your levels are low there are many natural ways to promote healthy progesterone levels such as:

1. Reducing Xenohormones
2. Using Vitex
3. Applying progesterone cream

If you become pregnant, continue to use the cream and consult with your doctor or midwife right away.
http://natural-fertility-info.com/progesterone-fertility-guide

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (645) (646) (647) (648) (649) (650) (651) ... (3053) (Reply)

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.