Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,299 members, 7,811,890 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:25 PM

Conclusion : Nairaland Atheists make shocking approval of Incest - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Conclusion : Nairaland Atheists make shocking approval of Incest (19967 Views)

Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion / Nairaland Atheists Can't Go A Day Without Talking About The Loving God. / UNBELIEVABLE! DISGRACEFUL! Nairaland Atheists see nothing wrong with Bestiality (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Conclusion : Nairaland Atheists make shocking approval of Incest by Nobody: 9:17am On Jul 03, 2016
dblackninja:

I don't think you read the whole comments you quoted. Come on don't be lazy, re-read them again..

I did, and I did not see any pertinent response. Please repost the rational explanations for me. The only feeble attempt was by Johnnydon22, and he spoke more about inbreeding (which had nothing to do with the question) than about in.cest (except to highlight his personal feeling, which to me, could be irrational , like all personal feelings). His citation of Igbo culture is also mistaken, in that it also depends heavily on the traditional religion and its religious taboos, which as an atheist, he clearly disbelieves in.

If there was any other explanation by any other person that I missed, please highlight it for me. Thank you in advance.

2 Likes

Re: Conclusion : Nairaland Atheists make shocking approval of Incest by dblackninja: 9:20am On Jul 03, 2016
malvisguy212:
Adam married his clone and you use it as an attack of God sanctioning inbreeding ? You atheist like to challenge religious people to use their brain, were is us ?

Yes jacob married his cousin, but did God sanction it ? Verse please.
Guy are you here just to argue? If yes I will flog you mercilessly. Can you tell me how generations rose from the progenitor, Adam?
Re: Conclusion : Nairaland Atheists make shocking approval of Incest by malvisguy212: 9:27am On Jul 03, 2016
freecocoa:
My god! Someone tell me I'm not reading this.

And you are talking about using brain? God created inbreeding by making eve for adam from himself(adam) and you are asking if that means he sanctioned it, see, don't just let me define you in my own words this early morning.

Who da feck is this guy biko nu? shocked
smh. Listen, if adam and eve were the first to start the chain and have EXISTED 7000 years ago, we would not see the genetic defect in their DNA we see today.

God did not sanction it that time and God did not condemn it as of that time. Not until the genetic defect in their DNA are weak, then God command moses to numbers the isaelites, and He set a law condemning inbreeding.
Re: Conclusion : Nairaland Atheists make shocking approval of Incest by malvisguy212: 9:31am On Jul 03, 2016
dblackninja:

Guy are you here just to argue? If yes I will flog you mercilessly. Can you tell me how generations rose from the progenitor, Adam?
malvisguy212:
smh. Listen, if adam and eve were the first to start the chain and have EXISTED 7000 years ago, we would not see the genetic defect in their DNA we see today.
God did not sanction it that time and God did not condemn it as of that time. Not until the genetic defect in their DNA are weak, then God command moses to numbers the isaelites, and He set a law condemning inbreeding.
dblackninja:

Re: Conclusion : Nairaland Atheists make shocking approval of Incest by dblackninja: 9:33am On Jul 03, 2016
Farmerforlife:

I did, and I did not see any pertinent response. Please repost the rational explanations for me. The only feeble attempt was by Johnnydon22, and he spoke more about inbreeding (which had nothing to do with the question) than about in.cest (except to highlight his personal feeling, which to me, could be irrational , like all personal feelings). His citation of Igbo culture is also mistaken, in that it also depends heavily on the traditional religion and its religious taboos, which as an atheist, he clearly disbelieves in.

If there was any other explanation by any other person that I missed, please highlight it for me. Thank you in advance.

I see. The problem is lack of comprehension. A question was asked and all of them gave their opinions and also included a disastrous effect an in.cest could lead to.
What more do you need?
Are you equating atheist to scientologists??

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Conclusion : Nairaland Atheists make shocking approval of Incest by CAPSLOCKED: 9:35am On Jul 03, 2016
hahn:

THIS is the problem with religion. The absense of independent thought and the reliance of blind followership.

Re: Conclusion : Nairaland Atheists make shocking approval of Incest by hahn(m): 9:37am On Jul 03, 2016
malvisguy212:
Adam married his clone and you use it as an attack of God sanctioning inbreeding ? You atheist like to challenge religious people to use their brain, were is us ?

Yes jacob married his cousin, but did God sanction it ? Verse please.

God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah because of homosexuality.

Lot's daughters slept with their father and got pregnant making him a grandfather to his own sons. God didn't punish them.

Using your brain, does it mean that god supports incest or not regardless of it said so or not?
Re: Conclusion : Nairaland Atheists make shocking approval of Incest by freecocoa(f): 9:38am On Jul 03, 2016
Farmerforlife:

It is a common practice in odd members of society. It should be known whether it should be accepted as a good practice or rejected as a bad one. Atheists claim that rationalism is the answer to every question of right or wrong. It is escapism to now refer the issue back to religion, or just sit on the fence dumbly not knowing how to react to the issue.

Ok. I do think that would be best, as far as discussion with you is concerned. Thank you for the advice. Please leave my matter to those atheists who know how to answer the question, and have a nice day.
Ehen and since when must everyone conform to societal norms, especially since we all know morality is subjective? What you fail to realise is that, society labelling something good or bad, doesn't make it so (with the exception of things that hurt others ofcourse) and deciding to sit on the fence on certain matters is not dumb, it simply isn't my business what two consenting adults decide to do with their sex lives, so why in satan's name should I react to it?

Oh! Please quit being a cry baby, perhaps you should learn how to approach people when asking questions , that way you may not get bruised, seeing as you are easily hurt.tongue

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Conclusion : Nairaland Atheists make shocking approval of Incest by hopefulLandlord: 9:42am On Jul 03, 2016
freecocoa:
Ehen and since when must everyone conform to societal norms, especially since we all know morality is subjective? What you fail to realise is that, society labelling something good or bad, doesn't make it so (with the exception of things that hurt others ofcourse) and deciding to sit on the fence on certain matters is not dumb, it simply isn't my business what two consenting adults decide to with their sex lives, so why in satan's name should I react to it?

Oh! Please quit being a cry baby, perhaps you should learn how to approach people when asking questions , that way you may not get bruised, seeing as you are easily hurt.tongue

Agreed
Re: Conclusion : Nairaland Atheists make shocking approval of Incest by dblackninja: 9:45am On Jul 03, 2016
malvisguy212:

I don't even understand this, please rephrase..thanks.

God did not sanction it that time and God did not condemn it as of that time.

If God did not sanction and also did not condemn it, what did God do then?
Have you forgotten the lines "be fruitful and multiply" ??
Not until the genetic defect in their DNA are weak, then God command moses to numbers the isaelites, and He set a law condemning inbreeding.

O boy see confusion. Are you now saying that God allowed inbreeding before then saw that it causes a defect and gave a law against it
Re: Conclusion : Nairaland Atheists make shocking approval of Incest by freecocoa(f): 9:45am On Jul 03, 2016
malvisguy212:

Dude, you are incoherent, perhaps you could try it again but please, this time, be intelligible.

1 Like

Re: Conclusion : Nairaland Atheists make shocking approval of Incest by malvisguy212: 9:47am On Jul 03, 2016
hahn:

God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah because of homosexuality.

Lot's daughters slept with their father and got pregnant making him a grandfather to his own sons. God didn't punish them.

Using your brain, does it mean that god supports incest or not regardless of it said so or not?
malvisguy212:
Re: Conclusion : Nairaland Atheists make shocking approval of Incest by Nobody: 9:49am On Jul 03, 2016
hahn:

That one dey. But you can still say say something regarding his statement

Please point it out to me.

hahn:

Lol. This is wrong. Even before Africa was invaded by Europeans or the Saudis and had Islam and Christianity forced upon us, many Africans traditions frowned upon it.

You omitted to mention traditionalism, which I clearly included. African culture and tradition also relied on religion and religious taboos... or do atheists believe in traditional religions? Do you have more evidence for the existence of Amadioha or Sango than you have for God?

hahn:

Atheism is not a thing. It is only a word used to describe people who do not believe in god. We do not attend any "fellowships", we do not have any "holy book" that guides the way we reason. We only depend on logic, fact and evidence. Putting this into consideration leaves us with the fact that we do not necessarily share the same views. Each atheist is entitled to his own opinion unlike theists who have to do as they are told and let the "holy spirit" or pastor or imam or holy book guide them

It is for this reason that I expected you to use 'logic, fact and evidence' to answer the original question, rather than resort to a personal attack on the op and his God's tenets. A personal opinion based on hot air alone is going to be subject to ridicule, or so atheists like your good self claim. Hard evidence is everything, or there is no belief, you tell us. Atheists have morals too, and based on something more concrete than Santa Claus, you indignantly assert. This is the time to show us that basis.

hahn:

Not all atheists are scientists. I am more of a businessman myself. All the guys above were doing was putting Bubu in his place since he said that "since god approved it, it is fine. Simple".

Ok, so no science in your individual case. What then is the logic, fact or evidence behind your opinion, whatever that is?

hahn:

I am sure you agree with him and that is why you seem unable to tell him he is wrong. That also means if "god" told you to kill someone you would, just like the psychologically challenged Abraham.

Here we go again, resorting to personal attacks. My opinion is irrelevant here, since I am not an atheist, and the question was directed at atheists. Please just answer the question and leave Abraham alone. He was not an atheist either.

hahn:

THIS is the problem with religion. The absense of independent though and the reliance of blind followership.

Ok, you are right. When you are through venting, I hope you finally find your way to answering the actual question asked of you.

hahn:

Grow up and make your own decisions. You are an adult undecided

Oh really? I do have my opinion, but it is based on my Holy Book, which you inform me is a fairy tale far from reality. Please help me to replace my deluded opinion with one based on 'logic, facts and evidence'.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Conclusion : Nairaland Atheists make shocking approval of Incest by Nobody: 9:54am On Jul 03, 2016
Atheist believe in science..... Scientifically it's not advisable.

There was a great family in the olden days that ruled Britain for 400 years but was put to an end as a result of inbreeding. They probably felt they had really good genes and didn't want to alter or mix it up by breeding outside their blood line.

They was a common disease among them (I wish when I read I hold names) a lot of them died at infancy - and that was a time when the rate of infant mortality was low. And the last few that ruled, ruled with diseases.

It is wrong I would say.... The effect may not be immediate but at a long run....

God allowed it because it was necessary at that time (as we know the effect(s) are not immediate), and disallowed it when it wasn't necessary anymore.

If inbreeding was a norm I don't think the world would be half as social as it is now - I mean we've enough of tribal war and racism to deal with already.
Re: Conclusion : Nairaland Atheists make shocking approval of Incest by Nobody: 9:57am On Jul 03, 2016
freecocoa:
[s]Ehen and since when must everyone conform to societal norms, especially since we all know morality is subjective? What you fail to realise is that, society labelling something good or bad, doesn't make it so (with the exception of things that hurt others ofcourse) and deciding to sit on the fence on certain matters is not dumb, it simply isn't my business what two consenting adults decide to with their sex lives, so why in satan's name should I react to it?

Oh! Please quit being a cry baby, perhaps you should learn how to approach people when asking questions , that way you may not get bruised, seeing as you are easily hurt.tongue[/s]

I think that, based on your request that I keep quiet and my consent regarding your request, we have agreed that our discussion is over, please stop mentioning my comments.

Thank you once more for your co-operation.

2 Likes

Re: Conclusion : Nairaland Atheists make shocking approval of Incest by dblackninja: 9:57am On Jul 03, 2016
Logicbwoy:

That's why you're a manure farmer for life.

You don't know $s.hit
grin I can't help but laugh so hard at this comment cheesy
Is it because the guy is a farmer for life?

And he knows $s.hit... used as manure grin

1 Like

Re: Conclusion : Nairaland Atheists make shocking approval of Incest by freecocoa(f): 10:01am On Jul 03, 2016
Farmerforlife:

I think that, based on your request that I keep quiet and my consent regarding your request, we have agreed that our discussion is over, please stop mentioning my comments.

Thank you once more for your co-operation.
Oh! Please go feck yourself.

I was only responding to a quote of my post by you, so don't get it twisted.

Ain't nobody gat time for wimps anyways, haha.
Re: Conclusion : Nairaland Atheists make shocking approval of Incest by Nobody: 10:02am On Jul 03, 2016
dblackninja:

grin I can't help but laugh so hard at this comment cheesy
Is it because the guy is a farmer for life?

And he knows $s.hit... used as manure grin

It is very likely because he was at a loss for words. It is probably destabilising to his self esteem to imagine that someone who plays solitaire on his system in a congested office all day, waiting for a client that he can request for 'kola' from, can be intellectually stumped by someone who deals with manure, hence the intended attack. I dont mind though. I do intend to work with poo for life, otherwise, what would people like him buy to eat with the egunje you scrounge off his customers/clients?

1 Like

Re: Conclusion : Nairaland Atheists make shocking approval of Incest by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:04am On Jul 03, 2016
Thoniameek:

There was a great family in the olden days that ruled Britain for 400 years but was put to an end as a result of inbreeding. They probably felt they had really good genes and didn't want to alter or mix it up by breeding outside their blood line.

They was a common disease among them (I wish when I read I hold names) a lot of them died at infancy - and that was a time when the rate of infant mortality was low. And the last few that ruled, ruled with diseases.

It is wrong I would say.... The effect may not be immediate but at a long run....

God allowed it because it was necessary at that time (as we know the effect(s) are not immediate), and disallowed it when it wasn't necessary anymore.

If inbreeding was a norm I don't think the world would be half as social as it is now - I mean we've enough of tribal war and racism to deal with already.

Atheism is just the lack of belief in God , it has nothing to do with science . Thanks for the answer dear , but I want to know why in.cest is wrong or right when it's done just for pleasure . Like a one night stand with one's mum grin .

So far , the answers have been disappointing as expected ... Hehehehe

1 Like

Re: Conclusion : Nairaland Atheists make shocking approval of Incest by hahn(m): 10:04am On Jul 03, 2016
malvisguy212:

God is supposed to be all-knowing, didn't it know that inbreeding will eventually lead to a genetic defect?

God is supposed to be perfect, why did it create and sanction something he new would lead to imperfection?

God is supposed to be the same yesterday, today and tomorrow, why did it change it's mind?

undecided
Re: Conclusion : Nairaland Atheists make shocking approval of Incest by malvisguy212: 10:05am On Jul 03, 2016
dblackninja:

I don't even understand this, please rephrase..thanks.

If God did not sanction and also did not condemn it, what did God do then?
Have you forgotten the lines "be fruitful and multiply" ??

O boy see confusion. Are you now saying that God allowed inbreeding before then saw that it causes a defect and gave a law against it
All of this event happen before the law of inbreeding was given, According to the Apostle Paul, when there is no law, there can be no
violation of the law or sin.
Re: Conclusion : Nairaland Atheists make shocking approval of Incest by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:05am On Jul 03, 2016
UyiIredia:
3:28am you still dey awake. You dey sleep so ?

Lol . Bro . Long story oo grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Conclusion : Nairaland Atheists make shocking approval of Incest by Nobody: 10:09am On Jul 03, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Atheism is just the lack of belief in God , it has nothing to do with science . Thanks for the answer dear , but I want to know why in.cest is wrong or right when it's done just for pleasure . Like a one night stand with one's mum grin .

Oh! Okay

1 Like

Re: Conclusion : Nairaland Atheists make shocking approval of Incest by Nobody: 10:09am On Jul 03, 2016
Thoniameek:

I think the question regarded in.cest for pleasure, not for procreation.

KingEbukasBlog:

You know, I think that your question was a really good one. It brings out the inherent flaws in the atheist claim that they only act upon the morality engendered through science and logic. They have so far, proferred no single scientific or logical reason for not having one night stands with their mothers, sisters or grannies, just for pleasure, or why they should think it is wrong to do so. Therefore, I am convinced that they probably think that it is right to do so, but are just afraid to say it out loud.

4 Likes

Re: Conclusion : Nairaland Atheists make shocking approval of Incest by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:10am On Jul 03, 2016
ireneony:
if this is how atheist behaves or thinks... cry cry

From the answers they have given , they can easily bang their mums without any guilt because it is consensual. Atheism is dangerous . They do not know what is right or wrong - they lack the moral compass

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Conclusion : Nairaland Atheists make shocking approval of Incest by dblackninja: 10:11am On Jul 03, 2016
Thoniameek:
[s] Atheist believe in science..... Scientifically it's not advisable. [/s]

Nice my only problem is the bolded.
Are you indirectly saying that your omnipotent god is an ignorant being that don't know anything until he sees an effect from it? If the effect is bad, he will now tell his people to stop doing the command (for that is now a sin) and follow a new one?
Re: Conclusion : Nairaland Atheists make shocking approval of Incest by Logicbwoy: 10:12am On Jul 03, 2016
Farmerforlife:

It is very likely because he was at a loss for words. It is probably destabilising to his self esteem to imagine that someone who plays solitaire on his system in a congested office all day, waiting for a client that he can request for 'kola' from, can be intellectually stumped by someone who deals with manure, hence the intended attack. I dont mind though. I do intend to work with poo for life, otherwise, what would people like him buy to eat with the egunje you scrounge off his customers/clients?

I play zuma and candy crush, rather.

Also, you are not intellectually gifted or superior as evidenced by this thread.

Atheism has nothing to do with incest. Atheism is a philosophical stance on the non-existence of god. What the individual atheist wants to do with his or her life is their own business.
Re: Conclusion : Nairaland Atheists make shocking approval of Incest by hahn(m): 10:13am On Jul 03, 2016
Farmerforlife:

Please point it out to me.

KingEbukasBlog:

God is the lawgiver and at that time , He permitted it . Simple

Answer my simple question . Why is consensual sex with a sibling or parent for the sake of pleasure wrong ?

Or are you cherry picking? undecided

You omitted to mention traditionalism, which I clearly included. African culture and tradition also relied on religion and religious taboos... or do atheists believe in traditional religions? Do you have more evidence for the existence of Amadioha or Sango than you have for God?

Maybe you do not know the meaning of traditionalism.

traditionalism
trəˈdɪʃ(ə)n(ə)lɪz(ə)m/Submit
noun
the upholding or maintenance of tradition, especially so as to resist change.
historical
the theory that all moral and religious truth comes from divine revelation passed on by tradition, human reason being incapable of attaining it.

Source: Google

So, your claim that The reason why in.cest is frowned upon in society, is due to past religious influence on culture, whether Islam, Christianity is void and can't include the word traditionalism because culture IS traditionalism

It is for this reason that I expected you to use 'logic, fact and evidence' to answer the original question, rather than resort to a personal attack on the op and his God's tenets. A personal opinion based on hot air alone is going to be subject to ridicule, or so atheists like your good self claim. Hard evidence is everything, or there is no belief, you tell us. Atheists have morals too, and based on something more concrete than Santa Claus, you indignantly assert. This is the time to show us that basis.

You need evidence for my opinion? You need to google the meaning of the word "opinion"

Ok, so no science in your individual case. What then is the logic, fact or evidence behind your opinion, whatever that is?

Read your comment again undecided

Here we go again, resorting to personal attacks. My opinion is irrelevant here, since I am not an atheist, and the question was directed at atheists. Please just answer the question and leave Abraham alone. He was not an atheist either.

Yeah. And neither did he exist undecided

Ok, you are right. When you are through venting, I hope you finally find your way to answering the actual question asked of you.

Your questions are myopic and half thought to say the least

Oh really? I do have my opinion, but it is based on my Holy Book, which you inform me is a fairy tale far from reality. Please help me to replace my deluded opinion with one based on 'logic, facts and evidence'.

It is simple. Use your brain smiley
Re: Conclusion : Nairaland Atheists make shocking approval of Incest by malvisguy212: 10:14am On Jul 03, 2016
freecocoa:
Dude, you are incoherent, perhaps you could try it again but please, this time, be intelligible.
Adam and eve were created without genetic defect, they were on a state of perfection that's why they last almost 900 years. Inbreeding lead to what ? Inbreeding among their offspring did not lead to defects until many generations later as spontaneous mutations accumulated. At lest they were created with genetic defect, it will show on their children.
Re: Conclusion : Nairaland Atheists make shocking approval of Incest by Logicbwoy: 10:17am On Jul 03, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

From the answers they have given , they can easily bang their mums without any guilt because it is consensual. Atheism is dangerous . They do not know what is right or wrong - they lack the moral compass

LIES! For someone claiming moral superiority over atheists, you are such a liar-

here is what an atheist told you on page one about incest-

johnydon22:

Every atheist will have different opinions based on their own personal philosophy and reason and now to give my own opinion and view.

Incest is wrong to me [Apparently whether a deity agrees or not] it soils the human human gene pool, leads to reproductive anomaly.

secondly; My culture abhors it totally [Igbo culture of African origin] so it is a societal ill going from the factors involved and my view on bad actions is

Actions that increase individual human suffering, are detrimental to societal well being or growth, justice, equality, fairness and freedom.

thirdly - as a matter of personal feelings it is disgusting to me so i could never support it

Inbreeding is a societal ill that retards societal growth or well being so it is wrong to me apparently not to you...

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Conclusion : Nairaland Atheists make shocking approval of Incest by hopefulLandlord: 10:17am On Jul 03, 2016
hahn:

God is supposed to be all-knowing, didn't it know that inbreeding will eventually lead to a genetic defect?

God is supposed to be perfect, why did it create and sanction something he new would lead to imperfection?

God is supposed to be the same yesterday, today and tomorrow, why did it change it's mind?

undecided

hehehehehehe
Re: Conclusion : Nairaland Atheists make shocking approval of Incest by malvisguy212: 10:20am On Jul 03, 2016
hahn:

undecided
when God created adam, what was the command given to adam ? MULTIPLY, right ? God allow it to happen because He want adam to multiply the earth.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Prayer Points For The Rescue Of Nigeria - Dr Oyedepo / Interview With Sinach / Alcohol Is Medicinal - Rev Fr Oluoma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.