Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,288 members, 7,815,498 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:27 PM

Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) (33234 Views)

Obasanjo On BBC Hardtalk / Nigeria's Army Chief Brutal Buratai Brutalised On BBC Hardtalk / Babatunde Fashola Barbecued On BBC Hardtalk (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by Noneroone(m): 8:18pm On Aug 12, 2016
Sacar: Hundreds of thousands of children are dying of malnutruition in refugee camps what are doing abouy it?

Fashola: I doubt the figures?

Sacar: But will assure us that their condition will improve?

Fashola: Yes (admitting the truth he doubted)

the olodo was grilled

23 Likes

Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by mandarin: 8:23pm On Aug 12, 2016
I didn't see how he was grilled here. Many of you just write for the sake of criticizing someone who to me is much better than Jonathan Goodluck. Being able to put stuffs together in recession is hard especially when you have to defend under a dwindling market conditions. I see many of you here are still struggling with JAMB while some can't even defend papers they call certificates!
Fashola to me is an inspiration in the political sphere and trusting him with multiple ministries is the way to confidently tell Nigerians that he's a trusted hand.
To those who hope that Nigeria power problem can be solved by Buhari in a year, it shows how low your education has gone and how ignorant lots of youths have become.

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by aventura: 8:25pm On Aug 12, 2016
maclatunji:

Yawns!

Goodluck Jonathan is no longer president, let him go and appear.
so because your candidates were roasted you think it will apply to everyone....

Like I said before, I've seen people murder stephen on his show so it's really not an excuse for uncle Fash. The problem is that sometimes people tend to defend the undefendable according to their interest. If the tables were turned I guess your pseudo-patrotism would turn to excitement. Admitting failure is the first step to making improvements. Apc keeps living in self denial and that is why they hardly ever make any progress.

All through the interview, Fashola albeit subtly kept blaming the previous government as is their style but what most people fail to understand with their often peddled rhetoric of "16 years" is that obasanjo inherited a government after 16 years of military mis rule but we never got to hear him trade blames. That's the difference and I hope you can spot it.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by Jengem: 8:25pm On Aug 12, 2016
mandarin:
I didn't see how he was grilled here. Many of you just write for the sake of criticizing someone who to me is much better than Jonathan Goodluck. Being able to put stuffs together in recession is hard especially when you have to defend under a dwindling market conditions. I see many of you here are still struggling with JAMB while some can't even defend papers they call certificates!
Fashola to me is an inspiration in the political sphere and trusting him with multiple ministries is the way to confidently tell Nigerians that he's a trusted hand.
To those who hope that Nigeria power problem can be solved by Buhari in a year, it shows how low your education has gone and how ignorant lots of youths have become.

Where is your idols certificate?

Shift

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by hero2000: 8:26pm On Aug 12, 2016
Fashola is still my man! We have seen what he did in Lagos in 8years. It is no fluke. So his pedigree still speaks for him.

He needs to step up; no doubt.

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by hero2000: 8:28pm On Aug 12, 2016
I bet some ministers would run from BBC hard talk as if from Shekau!
Ibi lile lati n mo Akoni.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by maclatunji: 8:28pm On Aug 12, 2016
aventura:
so because your candidates were roasted you think it will apply to everyone....

Like I said before, I've seen people murder stephen on his show so it's really not an excuse for uncle Fash. The problem is that sometimes people tend to defend the undefendable according to their interest. If the tables were turned I guess your pseudo-patrotism would turn to excitement. Admitting failure is the first step to making improvements. Apc keeps living in self denial and that is why they hardly ever make any progress.

All through the interview, Fashola albeit subtly kept blaming the previous government as is their style but what most people fail to understand with their often peddled rhetoric of "16 years" is that obasanjo inherited a government after 16 years of military mis rule but we never got to hear him trade blames. That's the difference and I hope you can spot it.

OBJ. actually complained about the years of rule before he came on-board in 1999. He spent a large part of his first time trying to fix issues.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by helovesme(f): 8:28pm On Aug 12, 2016
No big deal. Fash slayed in this interview.

Besides, BBC's hard talk is for the brave.

Can't remember lily livered Jonathan ever appearing on it.

6 Likes

Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by helovesme(f): 8:33pm On Aug 12, 2016
It seems some of the egg heads on this thread have forgotten that Fash is a well trained lawyer and a SAN.

He did excellently well in this interview and he is a president in waiting.

After Buhari's two term in office, he's taking over and he will rule for two terms.

8 Likes

Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by badnature: 8:48pm On Aug 12, 2016
The pound him like kulikuli

5 Likes

Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by tomakint: 8:56pm On Aug 12, 2016
hero2000:
Fashola is still my man! We have seen what he did in Lagos in 8years. It is no fluke. So his pedigree still speaks for him.

He needs to step up; no doubt.
If only you know what that Lagos generated internally not adding up the monthly funding from FG within those 8 years and compared to what you claimed he did in Lagos you will break down in hot tears feeling for yourself for being unnecessarily naive.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by aresssa: 9:03pm On Aug 12, 2016
mandarin:

This is why I love Fashola, he stood his ground and defended his country with sane and rational argument that you hardly see in Nigerian leaders.

Good to know we still have credible people with brains and smarts and even enough patriotic spirit to stand up for Nigeria.

Btw, don't mind the ipob trolls and unpatriotic anti Nigerian elements, they are just doing what they do best which is spewing hate and bigotry..

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by deji68: 9:08pm On Aug 12, 2016
Osita chidoka appeared on Hardtalk he performed well ...even Doyin Okupe wasnt bad ,they were all member of GEJ cabinet ... GEJ was president there is no need to appear when u have a good team...
maclatunji:
HardTalk is a tough programme that is why GEJ did not appear on the programme in 5 years as President.

President Buhari has appeared twice in th. past.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by Eshinkan: 9:10pm On Aug 12, 2016
aresssa:

This is why I love Fashola, he stood his ground and defended his country with sane and rational argument that you hardly see in Nigerian leaders.

Good to know we still have credible people with brains and smarts and even enough patriotic spirit to stand up for Nigeria.

Btw, don't mind the ipob trolls and unpatriotic anti Nigerian elements, they are just doing what they do best which is spewing hate and bigotry..

Thank you so much....I watched the programme in full and I must say this is by far the best I have ever seen any Nigerian public figure perform on HARDtalk....Fashola is pure class....Nigeria needs his likes to prove that we are not all steewpeed cocaine pushing and baby factory producing animals like those from the sad beasts...animals all of them.... angry

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by LoveMachine(m): 9:13pm On Aug 12, 2016
The 1st page circle jerk wreaks of inferiority. The journalist was rude and cut BRF right before he could make his point every time. Fash did a great job by keeping cool and not giving the guy a spectacle like he wanted. He started sweating cause he was visibly holding back anger from the unprofessional blindside journalism. The host is a joke. Shoutout to DuroFashy for once again defending Naija.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by HRich(m): 9:23pm On Aug 12, 2016
: The Way People are Shouting Buhari,Buhari,Sai Baba,Sai Baba don Reduce on Social Media,Hunger Na Bastard."

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by edoyad(m): 9:24pm On Aug 12, 2016
LoveMachine:
The 1st page circle jerk wreaks of inferiority. The journalist was rude and cut BRF right before he could make his point every time. Fash did a great job by keeping cool and not giving the guy a spectacle like he wanted. He started sweating cause he was visibly holding back anger from the unprofessional blindside journalism. The host is a joke. Shoutout to DuroFashy for once again defending Naija.

Hahaha, so na Steven Sackur be unprofessional now abi ? Issorite, na you get your hand

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by CSTR12: 9:25pm On Aug 12, 2016
And this moronnic guy is supposedly the most intelligent yoruba politician out there grin
Pseudo-intellectualism. No wonder, that country is an ireedemable shitthole.
Okonjo iweala or even a chimamanda would send Sacar to the cleaners and it doesn't even take a genius level IQ to do that if you know what you are doing.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by Kratos3364(m): 9:31pm On Aug 12, 2016
Jengem:

biggest empty head in that cabinet, next to the red beret wearing one and their principal. in fact audu ogbeh too. Amaechi is full if we are talking of his stomach.

dummies of the highest proportions

When Jonathan wanted to save, dem no gree, remove subsidy, dem no gree. Dem wan wicked am but God wey sabi everything come put dem for soup. Now Jonathan is considered a messiah next to these tards.
you are a tad dull,a messiah!?

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by drnairalov: 9:32pm On Aug 12, 2016
OMG!!!! wow was he not ready for this interview, he was trying to defend the government but he couldnt'he just got served..lol even the journalist was more like a lawyer..Fashola was just slow in this interview. but nice anger management by him...another could have flaired up.just watch lamido sanusi interview and see brain.wow

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by deji68: 9:33pm On Aug 12, 2016
make u no mind them...he left 1,1500billion dollar debt,upon all the IGr Lagos generate without much to show for it....most of Lagos state innercity road were dilapidated before he left...mr 70 million naira website cool cool cool
tomakint:

If only you know what that Lagos generated internally not adding up the monthly funding from FG within those 8 years and compared to what you claimed he did in Lagos you will break down in hot tears feeling for yourself for being unnecessarily naive.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by helovesme(f): 9:35pm On Aug 12, 2016
CSTR12:
And this moronnic guy is supposedly the most intelligent yoruba politician out there grin
Pseudo-intellectualism. No wonder, that country is an ireedemable shitthole.
Okonjo iweala or even a chimamanda would send Sacar to the cleaners and it doesn't even take a genius level IQ to do that if you know what you are doing.

Shut up

Chiamanda was on channel 4 few days ago and she gave a very disappointing interview. The interviewer had to cut her short on live tv and "continue the interview online".

She was just talking bullocks on American politics and even went on to admit that she wasn't eligible to vote in the American upcoming elections as she wasn't an American citizen.

8 Likes

Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by dokunbam(m): 9:38pm On Aug 12, 2016
what you want he to say? I believe in my own opinion that he addressed the questions well

A lot of guys here didn't watch the interview but jump into conclusion base on some comments here

I ;like that part where he ask about former prime minister.

7 Likes

Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by CSTR12: 9:41pm On Aug 12, 2016
helovesme:

Shut up

Chiamanda was on channel 4 few days ago and she gave a very disappointing interview. The interviewer had to cut her short on life tv and "continue the interview online".

She was just talking bullocks on American politics and even went on to admit that she wasn't eligible to vote in the American upcoming elections as she wasn't an American citizen.
Comparing chimamanda to fashole is even a disservice to chimamanda. Chimamanda is an adept at interviews. Unlike fashole, she does interviews with some of the biggest shows on earth on probably a bi-weekly basis and she nails most of them with ease and intelligence. She is not a politician, btw.
Fashola is in the class of Ngige and co.
Tell me to shut up again when you obviously know nothing, and i would not be this polite.

17 Likes

Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:44pm On Aug 12, 2016
Jengem:
Empty egghead fashole

Suffersticated thief

Rocket scientist par excellence
wai all these evuls

1 Like

Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by Eshinkan: 9:48pm On Aug 12, 2016
CSTR12:
Comparing chimamanda to fashole is even a disservice to chimamanda. Chimamanda is an adept at interviews. Unlike fashole, she does interviews with some of the biggest shows on earth on probably a bi-weekly basis and she nails most of them with ease and intelligence. She is not a politician, btw.
Fashola is in the class of Ngige and co.
Tell me to shut up again when you obviously know nothing, and i would not be this polite.

Shut up.....scumbag.... angry

5 Likes

Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by playboy99(m): 9:50pm On Aug 12, 2016
Noneroone:
Sacar: Hundreds of thousands of children are dying of malnutruition in refugee camps what are doing abouy it?

Fashola: I doubt the figures?

Sacar: But will assure us that their condition will improve?

Fashola: Yes (admitting the truth he doubted)

the olodo was grilled
simple english u cant breakdown i doubt d figures in ur village means i am not aware of wat happening.it not by force to type na.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by CSTR12: 9:52pm On Aug 12, 2016
Eshinkan:

Shut up.....scumbag.... angry
Oh well. Truth hurts. grin

5 Likes

Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by eph12(m): 9:54pm On Aug 12, 2016
I just watched about 29 mins of this interview and from all indications fashola was doing OK. The interviewer was too soft though. He was not just jumping from one question to another without getting a clear answer.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by Noneroone(m): 9:54pm On Aug 12, 2016
playboy99:
simple english u cant breakdown i doubt d figures in ur village means i am not aware of wat happening.it not by force to type na.
pls what is this man talking about?

1 Like

Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by Nobody: 9:54pm On Aug 12, 2016
hero2000:
I bet some ministers would run from BBC hard talk as if from Shekau!

Ibi lile lati n mo Akoni.
hehehecheesycheesy
Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by playboy99(m): 9:56pm On Aug 12, 2016
Noneroone:
pls what is this asshole talking about?
compliment of the season same to u

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

PDP Convention: Can Saraki Pull Another Surprise? / Text Of General Ibrahim Babangida's Coup Speech in 1985 / Caption This Photo Of Akeredolu And Mimiko

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.