Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,173 members, 7,815,105 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) (33223 Views)

Obasanjo On BBC Hardtalk / Nigeria's Army Chief Brutal Buratai Brutalised On BBC Hardtalk / Babatunde Fashola Barbecued On BBC Hardtalk (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by Noneroone(m): 8:54am On Aug 13, 2016
stuhporh:
As much as I would like to agree with you, you are so wrong. Please understand this very well!
Fashola: I doubt the figures? this means he doesnt believe the figures are as much as that. and that is not the phrase

Fashola: Yes (admitting the truth he doubted) that doesnt make sacar figures right. it means fashola knows theres is room for improvement, and he wants to improve.

OLODO.

pls stop being a fool. The interviewer's question on massive hunger in the camp pointed toward the need for an emmergency reponse. If fashola doubted the figures it means the situation in the camp doest call for an emmergency. If he again answers yes on whether the situation in the camp will be changed then it is a U turn.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by deji68: 8:55am On Aug 13, 2016
Well, if u can quote any tangible reasons he gave for using 70 M and 600 for Website / car Park. ..or any well organised structure put in place for alleviating the suffering of millions in refugee camps...when he ask asked by Sakur ....

rhektor:
and what makes you think Fashola performance was woeful?
Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by Nobody: 8:56am On Aug 13, 2016
Some years ago, I saw jimeji Bankole, the former Chairman, house of reps. on hard talk... he was a plessure to behold, he spoke a better sounding English and superior augment. Even the interviewer was awe-struck that he couldn't ask further questions. I felt proud.
Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by Kay17: 8:57am On Aug 13, 2016
thegoodjoehunt3:

The Originating question was about DELAY by the Judiciary to bringing corrupt former government officials to face Justice.

Fashola explained that it is a process that is working. The delay is a challenge faced every where in the world and not Nigeria alone.

Fashola explained that in this government those who felt they were above the law are now facing charges.

Then answered the question of how someone who felt he was above the law was now facing charges. What better example than the National Security Adviser.

That was a well answered question. How can that reply be poor?

I disagree.

If BRF was admitting there was delay, and was justifying delays because every other country over Nigeria in the Corruption Index experiences delay in their judicial process, how does charging the National Security Adviser address the delay complained about by the President?
Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by totorimi: 9:00am On Aug 13, 2016
It is a shame indeed for a foreign journalist to be calling a whole serving minister to focus on reality and stop blabbing and telling tales by moonlight. I mean just imagine how the 'oyinbo' jounalist was dishing out facts and figures and the story teller minister was saying he does not agree with figures. If you don't agree them as minister with the repertoire of information network at your disposal you give us the real fact and counter the argument but in this case as usual he dodges the question and goes on the usual blame game. The journalist had no option but to hang those issues un-tackled and unresolved so that he doesnt waste his precious time on stories upon lies.

No wonder they called them all noise makers, they lack depth, they lack sound ideas just warming the office chairs and feeding fat on our tax payers sweat. The day of the masses is coming real fast.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 9:01am On Aug 13, 2016
Kay17:

Where he began to lose the battle was debating the economic figures proving the Government still greatly relied on oil revenue. Denying the extent of the Boko Haram threat, denying the desperate condition of the IDP refugees. Denying the economic state of the Nation in the face of solid evidence.

All his answers had no evidence backing them up, he didn't divulge any credible strategy or plan the Government was working on

Please, Fashola aced that side. You want a three point strategic plan on such a short interview.

Fashola made points that we can easily verify. The major local governments under Boko Haram are no more. Places deserted are now beaming with people. Market places have opened.

As for those stranded, Fashola explained that first you secure them by establishing law and order. Those suffering are a result of years under captivity. With law and order established, their situation wil improve with time.

As for the economic reliance on Crude Oil, Fashola pointed out that, it has been a year. We are just funding a budget to diversify the economy. The budget shows we are no more depending on Solely Crude. That is why we are investing in a diversified economy.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by CSTR12: 9:02am On Aug 13, 2016
DavidAdeyemo:
Okonjo Iweala wont do any better but chimamanda, are you for real or its just ds tribal sickness.
Go and check the meaning of overkill in your dictionary, yoruba boy.
Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 9:04am On Aug 13, 2016
Kay17:

If BRF was admitting there was delay, and was justifying delays because every other country over Nigeria in the Corruption Index experiences delay in their judicial process, how does charging the National Security Adviser address the delay complained about by the President?

There is delay in Legal Process. It does not mean the legal process is not working or is failing. Just as there is delay in England, which the Journalist accepted.

Fashola pointed that "You can not Break the law to enforce it."

Legal processes takes time, the delay is not a failure. The NSA facing charges shows the process is working and those who felt they were above the law are now dancing to the tunes of Law and order.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by CSTR12: 9:07am On Aug 13, 2016
Misterdhee1:

The same Okonjo that couldn't take the governors to the cleaners, when they requested to share oil proceedings? or the same one that sanctioned dasuki's megalooting...Stop trying hard to prove a baseless fact
Okonjo iweala was sued to court after disgracing your governors and senators with common sense.
Don't make the sacrilegious mistake of comparing okonjo iweala ivy-level brilliance to fashole's local politicism. Even as a federal govt appointee,fashole can not walk in certain climes that Ngozi's graces on daily basis.
Fashole by the way came out with a resounding third class in a Nigerian University. No basis for comparison at all.
He is at best an Ngige level. I would even rank kachukwu the current oil minister much higher than him.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 9:08am On Aug 13, 2016
totorimi:
It is a shame indeed for a foreign journalist to be calling a whole serving minister to focus on reality and stop blabbing and telling tales by moonlight. I mean just imagine how the 'oyinbo' jounalist was dishing out facts and figures and the story teller minister was saying he does not agree with figures. If you don't agree them as minister with the repertoire of information network at your disposal you give us the real fact and counter the argument but in this case as usual he dodges the question and goes on the usual blame game. The journalist had no option but to hang those issues un-tackled and unresolved so that he doesnt waste his precious time on stories upon lies.

No wonder they called them all noise makers, they lack depth, they lack sound ideas just warming the office chairs and feeding fat on our tax payers sweat. The day of the masses is coming real fast.

Facts and Figures? More like blabs of unverified talks.

Did you hear that Journalist say no Infrastructure development process is going on? Fashola even said he wondered the date of that statement and gave a list of roads with full construction processes going on.

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 9:11am On Aug 13, 2016
CSTR12:
Okonjo iweala was sued to court after disgracing your governors and senators with common sense.
Don't make the sacrilegious mistake of comparing okonjo iweala ivy-level brilliance to fashole's local politicism. Even as a federal govt appointee,fashole can not walk in certain climes that Ngozi's graces on daily basis.
Fashole by the way came out with a resounding third class in a Nigerian University. No basis for comparison at all.
He is at best an Ngige level. I would even rank kachukwu the current oil minister much higher than him.

Come on? The same Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, who dipped her hands into the ECA she preached to Governors to save without Appropriation, is the woman you say disgraced Governors.

The Governors more or less disgraced her. Took her to court, showed she took money from the account without following due process and she opted to settle the matter by sharing the ECA.

The woman lacks accountability. That is why she lied that the Finance Commissioners supported her decision to dip hands into the ECA. A lie the Finance Commissioners exposed.

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by CSTR12: 9:19am On Aug 13, 2016
thegoodjoehunt3:

Come on? The same Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, who dipped her hands into the ECA she preached to Governors to save without Appropriation is the woman you say disgraced Governors.

The Governors more or less disgraced her. Took her to court and she opted to settle the matter by sharing the ECA.

The woman lacks accountability. That is why she lied that the Finance Commissioners supported her decision to dip hands into the ECA. A lie the Finance Commissioners exposed.
I have my grouse with her but it has nothing with capability or even accountability.
The fact that she worked at a much higher stage at the world bank and left with high praises and commendations shows that there is something wrong with Nigeria that makes a nonsense of high-fliers.
I remembered vividly when she was against sharing reserves, while amaechi and co and even most APC supporters here were asking for them to share it all , and even accusing her of trying to embezzle those funds and kill Nigerians with hunger.
There is only so much she can do. That her career escaped unscathed is a testament to her brilliance.
My only grouse with her is that she should have resigned when those animals were asking for her to share the money. Nigeria is not worth sacrificing your reputation for.
Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 9:26am On Aug 13, 2016
CSTR12:
I have my grouse with her but it has nothing with capability or even accountability.
The fact that she worked at a much higher stage at the world bank and left with high praises and commendations shows that there is something wrong with Nigeria that makes a nonsense of high-fliers.
I remembered vividly when she was against sharing reserves, while amaechi and co and even most APC supporters here were asking for them to share it all , and even accusing her of trying to embezzle those funds and kill Nigerians with hunger.
There is only so much she can do. That her career escaped unscathed is a testament to her brilliance.
My only grouse with her is that she should have resigned when those animals were asking for her to share the money. Nigeria is not worth sacrificing your reputation for.

The Governors would not have the mouth to ask for part of the ECA if Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala was accountable. Let us not miss the facts. She would never try taking money without following the due process in America. She would go to jail.

She was the Coordinating Minister of the economy. She chose to take money from the ECA without Appropriation. She was not accountable or trust worthy.

She did not resign or complain. She tried to defend the reckless misappropriation going on at NNPC even after Emir Sanusi cried out.

She is not on the level people put her. Let us forget talking of her working under a system that is under a microscope in America when we talk of her performance under GEJ.

She was unaccountable and supervised massive wastages. Imagine her signing off money recovered from Abacha's Loots without Appropriation. She knew it was wrong and signed it off without complaining.

In short, she was part of the crooks who wrecked us during a time of plenty. She failed woefully.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by Kay17: 9:28am On Aug 13, 2016
thegoodjoehunt3:

There is delay in Legal Process. It does not mean the legal process is not working or is failing. Just as there is delay in England, which the Journalist accepted.

Fashola pointed that "You can not Break the law to enforce it."

Legal processes takes time, the delay is not a failure. The NSA facing charges shows the process is working and those who felt they were above the law are now dancing to the tunes of Law and order.

How to proffering a charge on an accused an improvement in the legal process?! that's just the first step
Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 9:31am On Aug 13, 2016
Kay17:

How to proffering a charge on an accused an improvement in the legal process?! that's just the first step

He said the system is not failing. Fashola disagreed with the point that delay in the legal process means the process is failing.

He said the system is working and the process in fighting corruption is going on. The charge is part of the working process.

It is like saying the legal processes in England is not working because they have delays in getting sentences and Justice.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by Kay17: 9:34am On Aug 13, 2016
thegoodjoehunt3:

Please, Fashola aced that side. You want a three point strategic plan on such a short interview.

Fashola made points that we can easily verify. The major local governments under Boko Haram are no more. Places deserted are now beaming with people. Market places have opened.

As for those stranded, Fashola explained that first you secure them by establishing law and order. Those suffering are a result of years under captivity. With law and order established, their situation wil improve with time.

As for the economic reliance on Crude Oil, Fashola pointed out that, it has been a year. We are just funding a budget to diversify the economy. The budget shows we are no more depending on Solely Crude. That is why we are investing in a diversified economy.

Is the Nigerian government dependent largely on oil revenues? Every Nigerian knows the answer is yes. But there is a work in progress on diversifying the economy which isn't in fruition yet. Therefore we still depend largely on oil revenues which is the basis of any economic plan in Nigeria. BRF admits that and yet contradicts himself when he tries to explain the economic hardships the country was facing due to the slump in oil prices when BRF had disputed the figures and lied we don't rely excessively on oil revenues right now.
Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by Kay17: 9:36am On Aug 13, 2016
thegoodjoehunt3:

Has Boko Haram being defeated? yes or no. The actual answer is no. Even the fact that they are retreating as a group shows they are not defeated.
Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by 3rdlegxxx(m): 9:36am On Aug 13, 2016
I almost fell with the crowd with your silly comments but after just watching the video again and again I would say Mr. Fashola did a very good job, not many of our politicians would stand their grounds as he did, given answers for questions as they are being thrown, a lot of people here obviously were only looking @ facial expression and not listening to content of what was being said and answered, he did very well. He tried using facts to put Nigeria down but Mr. Fashola never for once gave him that pleasure, this is a good view of journalism and I enjoyed it, it showed our failures, our set backs, the way the world view us and more but I must commend the minister, he did very well.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by 3rdlegxxx(m): 9:46am On Aug 13, 2016
gensteejay:
I just watched the interview. Fashola's performance was quite commendable, unlike what the hateful comments of some unintelligent folks here clearly suggest.

I tell you bro, when I first on here the 1st two pages was filled with hate comments, I almost concluded that the minister messed up even before seeing the video, some people are just of low iq, not smart, intelligent in any way mr. fashola killed that interview

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by playboy99(m): 9:53am On Aug 13, 2016
thegoodjoehunt3:

The Governors would not have the mouth to ask for part of the ECA if Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala was accountable. Let us not miss the facts. She would never try taking money without following the due process in America. She would go to jail.

She was the Coordinating Minister of the economy. She chose to take money from the ECA without Appropriation. She was not accountable or trust worthy.

She did not resign or complain. She tried to defend the reckless misappropriation going on at NNPC even after Emir Sanusi cried out.

She is not on the level people put her. Let us forget talking of her working under a system that is under a microscope in America when we talk of her performance under GEJ.

She was unaccountable and supervised massive wastages. Imagine her signing off money recovered from Abacha's Loots without Appropriation. She knew it was wrong and signed it off without complaining.

In short, she was part of the crooks who wrecked us during a time of plenty. She failed woefully.
u should have just asked him how many pdp governors n how many apc governors whr on sit at dat time .

1 Like

Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by nwaanambra1(m): 9:57am On Aug 13, 2016
damn it!

never knew fashola is this empty headed!

how comes all the hype on this block head!

na dis one go come rule Nigeria? grin grin grin grin

well sha! if a stack literate can, then i guess any asshole can do it too! cheesy cheesy grin

Bubu's government is filled with empty heads! cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by 3rdlegxxx(m): 9:57am On Aug 13, 2016
spartacus11:
we should be asking you this question if pdp is paying u per post, if u can be blind of those who ripe this country off, drain the very last kobo in the Treasure, did not build infrastructure, oil sold by pdp in 16 years was $786 billion and oil sold by jonathan alone in six years was $360 billion does nigeria look like a nation where this money has been spent, then the man trying to fix this decare and return the nation back to the right track is the one u are calling failure, the man who stole the nation dry give militants weapon form avengers is ur hero, the man who is fighting corruption, paying of debt own by jonathan u call him a failure, as fashola said he paid #63 billion to contractor debt own by jonathan u call such a government a failure and the one who incurred the debt is ur hero. so tell us who is been paid here be the judge

Bro sometimes I just ignore his likes, they are more empty, when jona was free spending, everybody looting, oil prices were good, nothing was saved mad debts were inured, some1 comes in n try to solve all this problems and they are expecting miracles, I tell you this, Nigerians are the biggest problem with the nation
Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by feaworaoja007: 9:57am On Aug 13, 2016
MadamExcellency:

We never needed Jonathan to appear when we had Dr Ngozi Okonjo Iweala to give both Nigerians and foreigners alike the facts and figures offhand without biting off her tongue or overheating her brain like a blackberry/android battery with factory problem.
Kai! people dey yarn! I duff my hat!
Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by banio: 10:01am On Aug 13, 2016
Even in centralised air conditioned environment, Menista of darknis and pot hole is sweating. Lies, lies and lies could not epp him

Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by 3rdlegxxx(m): 10:01am On Aug 13, 2016
aresssa:

Question.

How much did Fashola stole, how and from where and also where is the money kept.

Thanks in advance..

Dude u should have just ignored him, the man answered the question well and the presenter shut it and ran off to the next question n that guy still didn't get it, bro ignore him.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by 2sexynet: 10:01am On Aug 13, 2016
thegoodjoehunt3:

He said the system is not failing. Fashola disagreed with the point that delay in the legal process means the process is failing.

He said the system is working and the process in fighting corruption is going on. The charge is part of the working process.

It is like saying the legal processes in England is not working because they have delays in getting sentences and Justice.

https://web./yourfirstonethousand/
Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 10:02am On Aug 13, 2016
Kay17:

Has Boko Haram being defeated? yes or no. The actual answer is no. Even the fact that they are retreating as a group shows they are not defeated.

The Answer the same yes. Boko Haram is defeated. What we have are footprints of their harms.

Boko Haram no more control territories.
Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 10:05am On Aug 13, 2016
Kay17:

Is the Nigerian government dependent largely on oil revenues? Every Nigerian knows the answer is yes. But there is a work in progress on diversifying the economy which isn't in fruition yet. Therefore we still depend largely on oil revenues which is the basis of any economic plan in Nigeria. BRF admits that and yet contradicts himself when he tries to explain the economic hardships the country was facing due to the slump in oil prices when BRF had disputed the figures and lied we don't rely excessively on oil revenues right now.

This government is not dependent on Crude Oil revenues. If they were, they will not budget to diversify the economy.
Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by Ghost447(m): 10:18am On Aug 13, 2016
maclatunji:

Oh please, tell us something else. He would never have recovered from the interview and he knows it. Each individual appears on their own merit and the President of Nigeria should be able to sell Nigeria to a global audience. GEJ was too inept to do it.
If GEJ was "inept" to do it, then your Buhari can never do it even if he rule Nigeria for the next 100 years. Did you not listen to Buhari's media chat?
Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by just2endowed: 10:26am On Aug 13, 2016
maclatunji:

Oh please, tell us something else. He would never have recovered from the interview and he knows it. Each individual appears on their own merit and the President of Nigeria should be able to sell Nigeria to a global audience. GEJ was too inept to do it.

You are not telling the truth johnny.
Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by StephenJobs(m): 10:40am On Aug 13, 2016
Y can't dis our dumb headed politician just refuse going for interviews on d ground of being busy, instead of disgracing d entire country publicly??.......even d local interviews how did dey fare, talk more of a worldclass station like BBC.......Nonsense...he has successful disgrace all Nigeria.
Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by doublewisdom: 10:56am On Aug 13, 2016
This thread has been invaded by the APC laptop crew .
Doesn't change the fact that Fasshola was taken to the cleaners during the interview. Dude is an Oluwole SAN.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

State Governors Should Pay More Attention To The Environment: The Enugu Example / Obaseki Threatens To Deal With APC Leaders / Presidency Recalls Sacked Osinbajo’s Aides

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.