Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,535 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:08 PM

Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) (33235 Views)

Obasanjo On BBC Hardtalk / Nigeria's Army Chief Brutal Buratai Brutalised On BBC Hardtalk / Babatunde Fashola Barbecued On BBC Hardtalk (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by aresssa: 3:21am On Aug 13, 2016
Jengem:

You have to factor in time value of money #70 million when fashola stole it was still #70million ($437,500).

At the change administration conservative exchange rate of N1:$350
That is N153.13 million. Do you see why we are blessed to have those lackeys ruling us.

Fashola stole money in Lagos like it was going out of fashion. Amaechi, Uduaghan and Alams of blessed memory also milked Nigeria dry.

Look what the governors and military administrators in the North have caused over time. Lets thank God they havent killed us yet but they are taking us to the precipe.

Nigerians have to watch and pray. All of us. And watching means we have to pick up our weight and hold these dead weight losers to account because the world is puzzled that we are all so docile to allow it persis, thus Sackers handling of the super chumpinister on british national television.

Question.

How much did Fashola stole, how and from where and also where is the money kept.

Thanks in advance..

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by stuhporh: 3:22am On Aug 13, 2016
As much as I would like to agree with you, you are so wrong. Please understand this very well!
Fashola: I doubt the figures? this means he doesnt believe the figures are as much as that. and that is not the phrase

Fashola: Yes (admitting the truth he doubted) that doesnt make sacar figures right. it means fashola knows theres is room for improvement, and he wants to improve.

OLODO.

Noneroone:
Sacar: Hundreds of thousands of children are dying of malnutruition in refugee camps what are doing abouy it?

Fashola: I doubt the figures?

Sacar: But will assure us that their condition will improve?

Fashola: Yes (admitting the truth he doubted)

the olodo was grilled

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by Jengem: 3:25am On Aug 13, 2016
aresssa:

Question.

How much did Fashola stole, how and from where and also where is the money kept.

Thanks in advance..

At last request from oga fassshole, he told me the money is being kept in a secret tunnel in aso rock under your secret crush lipsrsealed certificate
Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by aresssa: 3:32am On Aug 13, 2016
Jengem:

At last request from oga fassshole, he told me the money is being kept in a secret tunnel in aso rock under your secret crush lipsrsealed certificate

Thanks for the wonderful answer, just the same empty and shallow response I was expecting.

All ignorant lies, hate filled rubbish, baseless and thoughtless typical ipob lies with no substance...... grin

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by GeneralShepherd(m): 3:34am On Aug 13, 2016
Nelkoko:
I Neva knew fashola is dis empty

Yes he lied here and there but Fashola held his own throughout the interview
Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by segunpee: 3:34am On Aug 13, 2016
mandarin:
I didn't see how he was grilled here. Many of you just write for the sake of criticizing someone who to me is much better than Jonathan Goodluck. Being able to put stuffs together in recession is hard especially when you have to defend under a dwindling market conditions. I see many of you here are still struggling with JAMB while some can't even defend papers they call certificates!
Fashola to me is an inspiration in the political sphere and trusting him with multiple ministries is the way to confidently tell Nigerians that he's a trusted hand.
To those who hope that Nigeria power problem can be solved by Buhari in a year, it shows how low your education has gone and how ignorant lots of youths have become.

U don't mind these folks. Honestly any gullible person would have been deceived by their jaundice view of the interview. He actually did well and gave solid answers and explanations to the questions asked. At a time Sankour wanted to deny him d chance to respond but Fashola insisted n made his statements. Any remotely intelligent and unbiased person knows Fashola did well. Please leave children of hate alone. They can't see beyond their noses. Hateful folks always see F9 where there should be A1, B2 etc. It's in them until delivered. Proud of Fashola responses

5 Likes

Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by aresssa: 3:36am On Aug 13, 2016
segunpee:

U don't mind these folks. Honestly any gullible person would have been deceived by their jaundice view of the interview. He actually did well and gave solid answers and explanations to the questions asked. At a time Sankour wanted to deny him d chance to respond but Fashola insisted n made his statements. Any remotely intelligent and unbiased person knows Fashola did well. Please leave children of hate alone. They can't see beyond their nose. Hateful folks always see F9 where there should be A1, B2 etc. It in them until delivered. Proud of Fashola responses

...but we know Igbos are not intelligent hence their unintelligent understanding of the interview..

5 Likes

Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by segunpee: 3:45am On Aug 13, 2016
hero2000:
Fashola is still my man! We have seen what he did in Lagos in 8years. It is no fluke. So his pedigree still speaks for him.

He needs to step up; no doubt.

Don't let d hateful people sell u dung. Watch d video urself. There's no stepping up against those questions, he did well.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by BlackOnassis(m): 3:53am On Aug 13, 2016
If you read the comments without watching the video, one would think Mr. Fashola was not able to satisfactorily answer the questions. But the man actually did well. Igbos/Wailers will die miserably for rooting for the failure of their own country.

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by aresssa: 4:03am On Aug 13, 2016
BlackOnassis:
If you read the comments without watching the video, one would think Mr. Fashola was not able to satisfactorily answer the questions. But the man actually did well. Igbos/Wailers will die miserably for rooting for the failure of their own country.

Their answer to anything and everything in Nigeria is hatred and bitterness hence their dark and evil minded take on everything.

When they raise you with hatred and bitterness, it's gets very hard not to live, eat and breath hatred like they do..

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by Mcowubaba: 5:25am On Aug 13, 2016
spartacus11:
are u no longer praising avengers to keep blowing up. pipeline, why are u looking for electricity, with pipeline been blown everyday my area still has 9 hours of electricity a day that is to show they are leaving no stone unturn.
People like you just talk without reasoning or common sense undecided
Who praises Avengers to blow up pipeline
When did I support or praise any Militant group
Or you're just talking based on ur own stupid imagination...
Please bring out anywhere I (Mc.owubaba) supported or praised any destruction by any Group undecided
Mtcheew.. Nonsense
Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by HonabFaj(m): 5:34am On Aug 13, 2016
Great one ,very impressive ,kudos to BRF,he really composed himself very well,justice was done as expected .....Hoping for a Bright Day for Our Country,Nigeria must rise again
#ANewNigeria
#ANewNation

1 Like

Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by maishai: 5:36am On Aug 13, 2016
FASHOLA was interviewed as a Nigerian, Let us all stop this ethnic bigotry, People not hausas are dying in the north east, the economy is hitting new lows, and there is still corruptiin in the land.The interviewer was speaking with the Nigerian minister not a Yoruba minister......
My point is We are still not yet a nation..It still pained the presenter more than Fashola that people are dying in the north 3ast
Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by moshould(m): 5:39am On Aug 13, 2016
Fashola resemble vulture, and him dey claim say him sabi work, na why baba dash am 3 jobs at once, d rotten teeth don confuse...after stealing enough money, he forgot to check on a dentist....dat guy teeth no arrange at all....

1 Like

Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by aresssa: 5:47am On Aug 13, 2016
Mcowubaba:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
He hasn't even handled Power supply properly for 1 Year, you're already giving him 2 terms in office as a President... Eclipse will just overtake Nigeria

And your pdp uncles handled it in their 16 years of looting, stealing and sharing...?

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by greatman247(m): 6:52am On Aug 13, 2016
Jengem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFRTJ3YLv7A

Fashola grilled on boko haram resurgence, delta avengers, poor economy, power supply and his #100 million website

The man wanted to cry.

op the part where you said the man wanted to cry got me laughing out loud. Hehehehehe
Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by Ranchhoddas: 7:06am On Aug 13, 2016
aventura:
how many presidents do you see gracing hard talk and did Buhari appear on hard talk as a president?

I've seen people slaughter stephen on his programme. Don't defend the undefendable. Uncle fash was taken to the cleaners. Just admit it and move on.
I once saw Hugo Chavez on Hardtalk.
Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by bakynes(m): 7:11am On Aug 13, 2016
When i see Igbos i see hate, they have turned into enemy of the state. Their castigation of this govt is not because they want the country to improve, they castigate this govt because the hate every inch of them.

People like me dont hate Jonathan because i voted and mobilized people in the SW to vote him but retracted from supporting him when he began to fail upon the huge resources on his hands ($140 per barrel/2.3million production output) not because i hate him but because he failed i never blamed him for Bokoharam.Fastforward to 2015, i voted for Buhari not because i like him but he was a better option to jonathan. Even before he started working, the Igbos hate him for no reason other than he is a fulani man from the North.

Many Nigerians were behind jonathan before he started failing and backed off those are true patrotic citizens bt the IPOB were not even behind Buhari at any point they just hate him no matter what he does even if Nigeria turns to Eldorado tomorrow they will forever hate him.

6 Likes

Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by teebillz: 7:13am On Aug 13, 2016
spartacus11:
is it government that help Alibaba Tecno mobile Samsung Apple Microsoft, and many other innovations that have change the world. what government needs to do is to build infrastructure provide education healthcare , but u simply don't sit down and wait that if government did not come to give u the idea finance then u can't do anything? that is what is called lazyness....

So what happens when the government fails to do those things you have mentioned? Even in sports, you will see coaches get fired more often than players when the team fails even though coaches don't do they actual play. I use to reason like you do now but everything changed when I visited countries where the government lives up to most of its responsibilities. All those companies you mentioned would not have succeeded Nigeria. Let me ask you a simple question, to what do you attribute the economic and technological backwardness of Africa?
Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by wadetaw202: 7:21am On Aug 13, 2016
ladyF:

cry cry cry

My lady, what's d matter?

Shebi "we" have won?
Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by wadetaw202: 7:23am On Aug 13, 2016
spartacus11:
we should be asking you this question if pdp is paying u per post, if u can be blind of those who ripe this country off, drain the very last kobo in the Treasure, did not build infrastructure, oil sold by pdp in 16 years was $786 billion and oil sold by jonathan alone in six years was $360 billion does nigeria look like a nation where this money has been spent, then the man trying to fix this decare and return the nation back to the right track is the one u are calling failure, the man who stole the nation dry give militants weapon form avengers is ur hero, the man who is fighting corruption, paying of debt own by jonathan u call him a failure, as fashola said he paid #63 billion to contractor debt own by jonathan u call such a government a failure and the one who incurred the debt is ur hero. so tell us who is been paid here be the judge

But, buhari promised heaven and earth that he would turn things around in matter of weeks. Well, it had been 15 months; yet, all he does is lay blame.
Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by edoyad(m): 7:45am On Aug 13, 2016
LoveMachine:

I prefer cordial journalists. The whole interruption schtick is corny and played out. He tries to embarrass people through intimidation because it's his platform.

A man's viewpoint if superior can stand on its own. He shouldn't have to badger his counterpart to prove his point.

If you've been watching hard talk over the years you'd know that's the style, regardless of who's being interviewed.
Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by globe16: 7:53am On Aug 13, 2016
maclatunji:
HardTalk is a tough programme that is why GEJ did not appear on the programme in 5 years as President.

President Buhari has appeared twice in th. past.

smh... Good help all Nigerian zombies
Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by globe16: 7:56am On Aug 13, 2016
aresssa:

And your pdp uncles handled it in their 16 years of looting, stealing and sharing...?

When I was calling fashola a fraud on the forum a lot of people thought it was because of ethnicity? Anyway, aresa has ambode the crude oil finder paid BRT workers? what of aregberascal? Amozun? Ajimobi? cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by ajepako(f): 7:57am On Aug 13, 2016
l am so embarrassed to watch Fashola, the first APC guy l respect and my former state governor sounding incoherent, detached, confused, defensive and cornered....

Stephen effortlessly made him look ineffective, clueless and incompetent...

Abeg l should reduce the time l spend on TELEMUNDO, TELEVISTA, ZEE WORLD jare...

1 Like

Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by globe16: 7:59am On Aug 13, 2016
BlackOnassis:
Its because zombies always choose to lie to their selves.. Thats how zombies also see the fastastically corrupt government to be successfully fighting corruption
Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by striker9(m): 8:15am On Aug 13, 2016
bakynes:
When i see Igbos i see hate, they have turned into enemy of the state. Their castigation of this govt is not because they want the country to improve, they castigate this govt because the hate every inch of them.

People like me dont hate Jonathan because i voted and mobilized people in the SW to vote him but retracted from supporting him when he began to fail upon the huge resources on his hands ($140 per barrel/2.3million production output) not because i hate him but because he failed i never blamed him for Bokoharam.Fastforward to 2015, i voted for Buhari not because i like him but he was a better option to jonathan. Even before he started working, the Igbos hate him for no reason other than he is a fulani man from the North.

Many Nigerians were behind jonathan before he started failing and backed off those are true patrotic citizens bt the IPOB were not even behind Buhari at any point they just hate him no matter what he does even if Nigeria turns to Eldorado tomorrow they will forever hate him.
I will never understand the hate, when sw supported GEJ all was good but when they said no,they are betrayers....nawao

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by Kay17: 8:30am On Aug 13, 2016
claremont:
I don't think most of the people on this thread criticizing Fashola actually watched this video. Fashola handled this interview very well in my opinion, he never evaded any of the questions. HardTalk interviews are designed to be confrontational, and it takes nerves of steel to be calm and focused when answering them.

Kudos to Obasanjo and Buhari who have been on HardTalk. It does say a lot about Jonathan that he was never on it, I would have loved to hear him explain his Goat and Yam hypothesis to the world.

Where he began to lose the battle was debating the economic figures proving the Government still greatly relied on oil revenue. Denying the extent of the Boko Haram threat, denying the desperate condition of the IDP refugees. Denying the economic state of the Nation in the face of solid evidence.

All his answers had no evidence backing them up, he didn't divulge any credible strategy or plan the Government was working on
Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by Kay17: 8:38am On Aug 13, 2016
thegoodjoehunt3:
There is a moral issue. A very strong moral issue.

If I remember my criminal law, it is much an offence to receive stolen goods as to actually steal it...Hon. Fashola

Slam Dunk.

But has the country prosecuted the suspects? Isn't it after a conviction that the stolen goods can be identified as stolen goods
Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by Kay17: 8:44am On Aug 13, 2016
thegoodjoehunt3:
Journalist: Can you name someone who thought he was above the law who has charges brought to him?

Fashola: Former Security Chief.

Wicked.

The originating question was whether the Judiciary was doing it's job despite a comment by the President that it wasn't.

The job in this context is convicting and jailing corrupt officials. And if you measured BRF performance against this, you would admit it's poor
Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 8:50am On Aug 13, 2016
Kay17:

The originating question was whether the Judiciary was doing it's job despite a comment by the President that it wasn't.

The job in this context is convicting and jailing corrupt officials. And if you measured BRF performance against this, you would admit it's poor

The Originating question was about DELAY by the Judiciary to bring corrupt former government officials to face Justice.

Fashola explained that it is a process that is working. The delay is a challenge faced every where in the world and not Nigeria alone.

Fashola explained that in this government those who felt they were above the law are now facing charges.

Then answered the question of how someone who felt he was above the law was now facing charges. What better example than the National Security Adviser.

That was a well answered question. How can that reply be poor?

I disagree.

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 8:54am On Aug 13, 2016
Kay17:

But has the country prosecuted the suspects? Isn't it after a conviction that the stolen goods can be identified as stolen goods

Is James Ibori's conviction in England not enough evidence of the English accepting Loots from corrupt Nigerian officials.

If you listened closely, you will get President Buhari said he does not want apologies. That is acceptance of guilt but the money back.

Have you forgotten the Americans refunding part of Abacha's Loots. Is that not an evidence of the so called not "Fantastically Corrupt" people helping in the acts of looting our country.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Caption This Photo Of Akeredolu And Mimiko / Herd Of Cattle Spotted On Ikorodu Road (Photo) / Expel Wike, Ned Nwoko Tells PDP Leaders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.