Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,227 members, 7,815,293 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) (33229 Views)

Obasanjo On BBC Hardtalk / Nigeria's Army Chief Brutal Buratai Brutalised On BBC Hardtalk / Babatunde Fashola Barbecued On BBC Hardtalk (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by baby124: 11:55pm On Aug 12, 2016
This reporter is very rude. Only interested in attacks and not a rebuttal. Looks quite condescending too with his stupid chuckles. I got tired and bored of the interview after a 10mins. He kept asking the same question and when he didn't get the negative answer he was expecting he switched to another question. No wonder BBC is like a broken record. They try too hard.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 11:57pm On Aug 12, 2016
The people who do not comply to law and order are the ones who scandalized us outside.

Fixing Law and Order is the best way to fight corruption.

Babatunde Fashola dropped it like it is hot.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 11:59pm On Aug 12, 2016
baby124:
This reporter is very rude. Only interested in attacks and not a rebuttal. Looks quite condescending too with his stupid chuckles. I got tired and bored of the interview after a while.

Fashola schooled him and punched holes into his points. Clearly, Fashola was ready for his attacks.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 12:02am On Aug 13, 2016
Murdah.

Hon. Babatunde Fashola killed the Ex Prime Minister's Fantastically corrupt statement with England playing host to stolen properties from Africa.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by baby124: 12:03am On Aug 13, 2016
thegoodjoehunt3:

Fashola schooled him and punched holes into his points. Clearly, Fashola was ready for his attacks.
The reporter did not do his home work well. Only spewing facts and figures out of his arse and refusing for Fashola to give answers to all his assertions. What TV program is this? It's a joke! CNN interviewers are more intelligent that this joke they put up there. Refusing to allow Fashola to show up the reporter's incompetence. Seems like he was only interested in how much of an ass he could look like on TV. What a shame.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 12:05am On Aug 13, 2016
There is a moral issue. A very strong moral issue.

If I remember my criminal law, it is much an offence to receive stolen goods as to actually steal it...Hon. Fashola

Slam Dunk.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 12:08am On Aug 13, 2016
baby124:

The reporter did not do his home work well. Only spewing facts and figures out of his arse and refusing for Fashola to give answers to all his assertions. What TV program is this? It's a joke! CNN interviewers are more intelligent that this joke they put up there. Refusing to allow Fashola to show up the reporter's incompetence. Seems like he was only interested in how much of an ass he could look like on TV. What a shame.

You are very accurate here. The reporter was clearly lost. Did not have an idea of what is going on in the country or the circumstances around his points.

The journalist just dug negative statements against the government and made it easy for Hon. Fashola to school him.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 12:11am On Aug 13, 2016
The President said clearly. He is not interested in apologies but having the money back. If you have something that is stolen, Please, give it back...Hon. Babatunde Fashola.
Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by Nobody: 12:16am On Aug 13, 2016
I just watched the interview. Fashola's performance was quite commendable, unlike what the hateful comments of some unintelligent folks here clearly suggest.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 12:16am On Aug 13, 2016
There is a process to prosecution and you can not break the law to enforce the law.. Hon. Babatunde Fashola.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 12:19am On Aug 13, 2016
Journalist: Can you name someone who thought he was above the law who has charges brought to him?

Fashola: Former Security Chief.

Wicked.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by rhektor(m): 12:24am On Aug 13, 2016
deji68:
Osita chidoka appeared on Hardtalk he performed well ...even Doyin Okupe wasnt bad ,they were all member of GEJ cabinet ... GEJ was president there is no need to appear when u have a good team...
and what makes you think Fashola performance was woeful?

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by emi14: 12:25am On Aug 13, 2016
Nelkoko:
I Neva knew fashola is dis empty

Naturally fashola is not empty but APC is empty. unfortunately his a member of lying and empty APC. He is forced into emptiness.i pity his dignity.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 12:26am On Aug 13, 2016
We are not underperforming but we are facing a turbulent time that we will navigate through... Hon. Babatunde Fashola.

Oyinbo man, say the truth, you were impressed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by aresssa: 12:26am On Aug 13, 2016
thegoodjoehunt3:

You are very accurate here. The reporter was clearly lost. Did not have an idea of what is going on in the country or the circumstances around his points.

The journalist just dugged negative statements against the government and made it easy for Hon. Fashola to school him.

The interviewer sounds more like a shock jock than a journalist because he spewed outrageous and inaccurate argument that Fashola easily counter and dispelled with grace.

The reporter was obviously below Fashola's intellect and level, Fashola basically treated him like a kid..

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by aresssa: 12:27am On Aug 13, 2016
thegoodjoehunt3:
Journalist: Can you name someone who thought he was above the law who has charges brought to him?

Fashola: Former Security Chief.

Wicked.

Shows that the clueless interviewer did not do his research and he messed with the wrong person..

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by rhektor(m): 12:32am On Aug 13, 2016
edoyad:

Hahaha, so na Steven Sackur be unprofessional now abi ? Issorite, na you get your hand

Yes he was highly unprofessional in this interview he spew out questions aimed at ridiculing his guest without any interest in the answers, just to remind you of Fashola's response when the he was asked about the former British prime minister comment. You can see that he was not interested in the answer but just reading out his prepared sarcastic questions. You can watch it over again and see for yourself thus Steven guy is just too arrogant and disrespectful. A person like obj would have insulted him big up to Fashola for being calm all through the session

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by rhektor(m): 12:41am On Aug 13, 2016
Noneroone:
Sacar: Hundreds of thousands of children are dying of malnutruition in refugee camps what are doing abouy it?

Fashola: I doubt the figures?

Sacar: But will assure us that their condition will improve?

Fashola: Yes (admitting the truth he doubted)

the olodo was grilled

I wonder how these IPOB touts pass exams.
"i doubt the figure" how does this mean "I doubt the report" ? Can't you see diffrence? Haba! Must hate cloud your sense of reasoning?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by Nobody: 12:47am On Aug 13, 2016
He did well in my own opinion but most people commenting on this thread are just being sentimental. Even with all the allegations levelled against him he has done well for Lagos and I believe he will also do well with the Ministries, I pray PMB provides the right leadership.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by rhektor(m): 12:48am On Aug 13, 2016
thegoodjoehunt3:
There is a moral issue. A very strong moral issue.

If I remember my criminal law, it is much an offence to receive stolen goods as to actually steal it...Hon. Fashola

Slam Dunk.

3 pointer grin grin grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by wadetaw202: 1:00am On Aug 13, 2016
maclatunji:

Oh please, tell us something else. He would never have recovered from the interview and he knows it. Each individual appears on their own merit and the President of Nigeria should be able to sell Nigeria to a global audience. GEJ was too inept to do it.

And the disgrace of fashola is your idea of "sell(ing) Nigeria to a global audience, abi?

One thing about you blockheads suporoting this failed government is that you will always find a way to defend stupidity.

It must be difficult being you.

Does APC pay you per post or what? No one can decide to be blind like this except he is being paid to be blind.
Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by Nobody: 1:03am On Aug 13, 2016
CSTR12:
ermm, sorry. That is the truth.
In which planet would you consider fashole an intellectual equal to Okonjo iweala(a pure overkill) or chimamanda?
Maybe in your yoruba caves.
Okonjo Iweala wont do any better but chimamanda, are you for real or its just ds tribal sickness.

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by piagetskinner(m): 1:09am On Aug 13, 2016
the last query almost got fashola shitting his pants ...thank God say Ac dey that place

aside that I think he comported himself well...

1 Like

Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by wadetaw202: 1:30am On Aug 13, 2016
I just watched the video and I did not see fashola faltering or any such thing. He held his own all through and proved himself, I'm certain better than buhari would have done. That man I listened to wasn't sounding empty.

As much as I Dont like the way buhari is handling Nigeria, I still think we should be reasonable in the way we condemn and castigate. Fashola just proved himself to be as brilliant as they come.

That doesn't mean I agreed with all his statements. However, I think those wailers shouting like bereaved souls are just been unreasonable.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by wadetaw202: 1:31am On Aug 13, 2016
piagetskinner:
the last query almost got fashola shitting his pants ...thank God say Ac dey that place

aside that I think he comported himself well...

He was comported all through and there was no time he ever looked liek he would "shit in his pant".

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by naijaforlife: 1:36am On Aug 13, 2016
The hatred that some Nigerians have for this administration and anybody linked to it is just amazing. In my opinion, BRF was astounding, confident, consistent and calm in the interview. Stephen Sakar or whatever his name is likes to force his interviewee to accepting his criticism. I just watched his interview with Okupe again as someone alluded to and realised that BRF's was far better. While Okupe was either not answering the questions or answering with another question most of the time, he also became agitated. Osita Chidoka was interviewed by a lady (she was good but not confrontational like Stephen) and I did not see any extra or outstanding responses to questions raised. Osita did well nonetheless. Interestingly, NOI's interview with Christianne Amanpour and the infamous GEJ's interview with Issa Sesay tell how daunting such interview sessions can be. IMO, given the circumstances the interviews were held, they all did well.

5 Likes

Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by naijacentric(m): 2:03am On Aug 13, 2016
Jengem:

biggest empty head in that cabinet, next to the red beret wearing one and their principal. in fact audu ogbeh too. Amaechi is full if we are talking of his stomach.

dummies of the highest proportions

When Jonathan wanted to save, dem no gree, remove subsidy, dem no gree. Dem wan wicked am but God wey sabi everything come put dem for soup. Now Jonathan is considered a messiah next to these tards.
no be only messiah see ur life suportin a clueless fool says much about who u are i aint even a buhari supporter
Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by aparo(m): 2:09am On Aug 13, 2016
mandarin:
I didn't see how he was grilled here. Many of you just write for the sake of criticizing someone who to me is much better than Jonathan Goodluck. Being able to put stuffs together in recession is hard especially when you have to defend under a dwindling market conditions. I see many of you here are still struggling with JAMB while some can't even defend papers they call certificates!
Fashola to me is an inspiration in the political sphere and trusting him with multiple ministries is the way to confidently tell Nigerians that he's a trusted hand.
To those who hope that Nigeria power problem can be solved by Buhari in a year, it shows how low your education has gone and how ignorant lots of youths have become.

Most of the idiots called Nigerians can try to mock someone so solid as this? This is hardtalk. Could 'their' Jonathan stay one minute? This guy is one of the few giving me hope for a failed and raped Nation.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by spartacus11(m): 2:29am On Aug 13, 2016
teebillz:

Okay, what then is the role of the government? Does social contract mean anything to you? We hand over some our rights and wealth of the nation to the government to use for common good and you call us lazy because we asked that the government live up to expectation? You are the lazy one here.
is it government that help Alibaba Tecno mobile Samsung Apple Microsoft, and many other innovations that have change the world. what government needs to do is to build infrastructure provide education healthcare , but u simply don't sit down and wait that if government did not come to give u the idea finance then u can't do anything? that is what is called lazyness....

1 Like

Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by spartacus11(m): 2:37am On Aug 13, 2016
wadetaw202:

And the disgrace of fashola is your idea of "sell(ing) Nigeria to a global audience, abi?

One thing about you blockheads suporoting this failed government is that you will always find a way to defend stupidity.

Does APC pay you per post or what? No one can decide to be blind like this except he is being paid to be blind.
we should be asking you this question if pdp is paying u per post, if u can be blind of those who ripe this country off, drain the very last kobo in the Treasure, did not build infrastructure, oil sold by pdp in 16 years was $786 billion and oil sold by jonathan alone in six years was $360 billion does nigeria look like a nation where this money has been spent, then the man trying to fix this decare and return the nation back to the right track is the one u are calling failure, the man who stole the nation dry give militants weapon form avengers is ur hero, the man who is fighting corruption, paying of debt own by jonathan u call him a failure, as fashola said he paid #63 billion to contractor debt own by jonathan u call such a government a failure and the one who incurred the debt is ur hero. so tell us who is been paid here be the judge

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by ladyF(f): 2:42am On Aug 13, 2016
wadetaw202:

cry cry cry
Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by Jengem: 3:17am On Aug 13, 2016
tomakint:

I tell you cheesy cheesy indeed many Nigerians behave like rams too much.....when the question came towards the end on the N600 million my nigga spent on car park renovation to his office the response he gave there was damn too shallow plus his defence on his N70 million website upgrading. Seeing the way some people here hype the clown like one Genius grin funny funny identities

You have to factor in time value of money #70 million when fashola stole it was still #70million ($437,500).

At the change administration conservative exchange rate of N1:$350
That is N153.13 million. Do you see why we are blessed to have those lackeys ruling us.

Fashola stole money in Lagos like it was going out of fashion. Amaechi, Uduaghan and Alams of blessed memory also milked Nigeria dry.

Look what the governors and military administrators in the North have caused over time. Lets thank God they havent killed us yet but they are taking us to the precipe.

Nigerians have to watch and pray. All of us. And watching means we have to pick up our weight and hold these dead weight losers to account because the world is puzzled that we are all so docile to allow it persis, thus Sackers handling of the super chumpinister on british national television.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Presidential Poll: Forensic Analysis Shows Over-voting In 10,000 Pus, Omokri Cla / Manifesto: Tinubu’s 10 Promises To Nigerians / Retired Colonel Hassan Stan-Labo Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.